Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,005 members, 7,810,791 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:33 PM

Should I Adopt My Fiancee's Son Legally? - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Should I Adopt My Fiancee's Son Legally? (27875 Views)

Please Kindly Adopt My Daughter / I Did Not Authorize Anybody To Adopt My Son! Pls Help!! / How Can My Husband Adopt My Son Legally? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should I Adopt My Fiancee's Son Legally? by ABANGWABOI(m): 12:06pm On May 08, 2021
Ishilove:

It is too early in the day to write this kind of rubbish. Wait till mid-afternoon.

Pained fellow, Mgbeke Feminist
Re: Should I Adopt My Fiancee's Son Legally? by stanliwise(m): 12:28pm On May 08, 2021
ABANGWABOI:

I know you love this type of thread, I say make I show you your brother
No qualms just don’t use those marketing words.
It’s irritating.
Re: Should I Adopt My Fiancee's Son Legally? by Shokoloko(f): 12:36pm On May 08, 2021
Akv666:
Good day guys,

so I've been dating a single Mom for almost 4years now and we're ready to tie the knot, but recently she came up with a suggestion of me adopting her son legally. Her baby daddy has actually been irresponsible right from start, nigga last saw his son when he was 4months old and he hasn't even bought ordinary diaper for the boy right from when he was delivered. now I'm being skeptical about taking him up legally, please i need advice from you guys, no insult please

Do not put the cart before the horse

Dating is not marriage. If after 5 -7 years your marriage is satisfactory go ahead. You also want to know if the childs father will resurface after hearing his ex is now married. However this does not stop you from taking good care of the child

1 Like

Re: Should I Adopt My Fiancee's Son Legally? by money121(m): 12:46pm On May 08, 2021
Ok
Re: Should I Adopt My Fiancee's Son Legally? by globalresource: 12:46pm On May 08, 2021
My brother. People here will give confusing advice cos most people are childish. But I see nothing wrong in doing that if you are capable

God bless u

1 Like

Re: Should I Adopt My Fiancee's Son Legally? by Naija147: 12:47pm On May 08, 2021
Ogun go kill my baby mama and her husband if dem plan that adoption thing on my son. I die ??

1 Like

Re: Should I Adopt My Fiancee's Son Legally? by Sunisonflex39(m): 12:47pm On May 08, 2021
Comments Don go far... Someone Don already talk my mind..

Need a side income,
visit my signature... You will thank me latter
Re: Should I Adopt My Fiancee's Son Legally? by Sirmuel1(m): 12:48pm On May 08, 2021
Akv666:
Good day guys,

So I've been dating a single Mom for almost 4years now and we're ready to tie the knot, but recently she came up with a suggestion of me adopting her son legally. Her baby daddy has actually been irresponsible right from start, nigga last saw his son when he was 4months old and he hasn't even bought ordinary diaper for the boy right from when he was delivered.

Now I'm being skeptical about taking him up legally, please i need advice from you guys, no insult please.

but recently she came up with a suggestion of me adopting her son legally

I bet she said this after some rounds of sex cheesy

You better shun her the next time she brings such stupid suggestion. Infact, that Child should not live with you for now.
Re: Should I Adopt My Fiancee's Son Legally? by ceejayluv(m): 12:49pm On May 08, 2021
Simphood is Bliss.
Re: Should I Adopt My Fiancee's Son Legally? by gift2xl: 12:49pm On May 08, 2021
I would have said yes! But every human has this character of ungratefulness. Your single mistake over weigh your 99% good.
Re: Should I Adopt My Fiancee's Son Legally? by emerged01(m): 12:50pm On May 08, 2021
Bro,I will advice you to do it and train the child like your own child. I see nothing bad in it.
Re: Should I Adopt My Fiancee's Son Legally? by Shokoloko(f): 12:51pm On May 08, 2021
globalresource:
My brother. People here will give confusing advice cos most people are childish. But I see nothing wrong in doing that if you are capable

God bless u
It is not actually being childish. People advice others based on experience. If Mr. A's friend tried it and it did not turn out well Mr A will say "Do not adopt". If Ms B experienced it and it turned out well Ms B will say "Go ahead".
So it's not a childish character but rather life experiences that determines how people respond

1 Like

Re: Should I Adopt My Fiancee's Son Legally? by Dannyilo(m): 12:51pm On May 08, 2021
Adopt the child if you love him. Treat him like your child too. Forget all these people making lousy and negative comments. Most of those I'll comments are coming from people who are not responsible enough to get married or shoulder any responsibility. It doesn't make you less a man or foolish. In fact, you are a hero.

2 Likes

Re: Should I Adopt My Fiancee's Son Legally? by emerged01(m): 12:52pm On May 08, 2021
Naija147:
Ogun go kill my baby mama and her husband if dem plan that adoption thing on my son. I die ??
Ogun will not kill anybody except you if you fail to carry out your responsibilities on the child.

2 Likes

Re: Should I Adopt My Fiancee's Son Legally? by ThuGGeR147: 12:52pm On May 08, 2021
Bros help the child, train him like yours but know say the father go turn up someday, no drag for pikin wey nor be your own ooh, just do am for God Ooh... Tomorrow get Belle, whom knows what it will be like? angry
Re: Should I Adopt My Fiancee's Son Legally? by Shokoloko(f): 12:52pm On May 08, 2021
Sirmuel1:

but recently she came up with a suggestion of me adopting her son legally

I bet she said this after some rounds of sex cheesy

You better shun her the next time she brings such stupid suggestion. Infact, that Child should not live with you for now.

Please where should the four year old child live?
Re: Should I Adopt My Fiancee's Son Legally? by ictjobber: 12:52pm On May 08, 2021
cococandy:
wait. what?

Thst guy has gone mad.. Just free him
Re: Should I Adopt My Fiancee's Son Legally? by EaglesT(m): 12:53pm On May 08, 2021
Is she asking you to?
Re: Should I Adopt My Fiancee's Son Legally? by zedegit: 12:53pm On May 08, 2021
Akv666:
Good day guys,

So I've been dating a single Mom for almost 4years now and we're ready to tie the knot, but recently she came up with a suggestion of me adopting her son legally. Her baby daddy has actually been irresponsible right from start, nigga last saw his son when he was 4months old and he hasn't even bought ordinary diaper for the boy right from when he was delivered.

Now I'm being skeptical about taking him up legally, please i need advice from you guys, no insult please.

It seems that girl is smarter than you.

Do you know the legal implication of that singular act?

It makes him heir to your wealth yet he's not even your son.

What happens to your own children or are you impotent?
What will be their fate?

Don't lose your senses because of punna.

Tell her you will never do that and be firm. If she changes her behavior towards you because of it, cancel the wedding because I see disaster.

It's already ended before it began.

4 Likes

Re: Should I Adopt My Fiancee's Son Legally? by sleeknaija(m): 12:54pm On May 08, 2021
Sammy07:

So by the time he comes back for his son after spending on him, Una go be looking like dundi?

Anyways, nothing better than ur child, there will always be sentiment when he grows up with ur Children.

Confirm true talk, based on past experience. sad

OP think twice
Re: Should I Adopt My Fiancee's Son Legally? by emerged01(m): 12:54pm On May 08, 2021
Shokoloko:

It is not actually being childish. People advice others based on experience. If Mr. A's friend tried it and it did not turn out well Mr A will say "Do not adopt". If Ms B experienced it and it turned out well Ms B will say "Go ahead".
So it's not a childish character but rather life experiences that determines how people respond
You are alright. It is the way some people put out their advice that is childish. Every situation demands wisdom. He just needs to apply wisdom in that situation.

1 Like

Re: Should I Adopt My Fiancee's Son Legally? by Goldiness: 12:56pm On May 08, 2021
If you love the mother enough, to adopt her son as yours, it's not a bad thing. If you love the son, enough to adopt him, good and fine, God will repay you, but the legal side you want to take is it going to protect the child and prevent him from going back to his biological father in the future.. ? Because it's one thing to adopt him and in the future the father comes for him. So you have to check if the legal side or the law, can prevent the biological father from coming to take his son from you in the future, it's not after you have suffered and train a child then, the biological father will come and take him away from you. So think twice before tstaki your decision.
Re: Should I Adopt My Fiancee's Son Legally? by Idzitari1(m): 12:57pm On May 08, 2021
Bros adopting that little kid will be the best thing in ur life, but make sure is from ur heart so that anything in future that come up u won't regret it. Those saying don't how many of their biological children are responsive or them to their parent bros go ahead jor I support u 100.5%
Re: Should I Adopt My Fiancee's Son Legally? by sophxx: 12:58pm On May 08, 2021
Akv666:
Good day guys,

Don't. Dude will come back for his kid later.
Re: Should I Adopt My Fiancee's Son Legally? by peedeeasobie(m): 12:59pm On May 08, 2021
Madecure:
Baba you will regret the move. But if you want to help, help the son and Carter for him without seeing him as your son. Simple

Would this still be your answer if it was a woman asking this question?

Should a woman also not take the son of her husband to be as hers?
Re: Should I Adopt My Fiancee's Son Legally? by Sundaycomputer: 1:00pm On May 08, 2021
Nice idea
Invest in the boy life,
Re: Should I Adopt My Fiancee's Son Legally? by Naija147: 1:00pm On May 08, 2021
emerged01:

Ogun will not kill anybody except you if you fail to carry out your responsibilities on the child.

Boss she nor go even reason am and because I never see step dad wey go do half of Wetin I dey do for my son.

I’m a responsible father, but not a responsible baby dad because I hate that woman
Re: Should I Adopt My Fiancee's Son Legally? by Dbarrzx: 1:00pm On May 08, 2021
Guy get a legal counsel to avoid had I know...wish you best of luck
Re: Should I Adopt My Fiancee's Son Legally? by chukwuoke(m): 1:01pm On May 08, 2021
My bros I think you should accept him and also adopt. Once he, the mum want you to do it. Legally, he accepts is yours guy. Go forward.
Re: Should I Adopt My Fiancee's Son Legally? by A305: 1:01pm On May 08, 2021
Akv666:
Good day guys,

This your post annoys me.

Alpha F cks, Beta Bucks.

The fact that you claimed that the lady "suggested" that you adopt her own son from another man means; she is clearly in the driver seat and you have been p ssy whipped.

R.I.P dude, We have lost you to a more smarter lady in the dating game. Your post just tells us that you in her FRAME 100 percent and you the definition of a God fearing man all women seeks.

Good luck with that Darren SIMPson.

4 Likes

Re: Should I Adopt My Fiancee's Son Legally? by Nobody: 1:01pm On May 08, 2021
No cause for alarm my dear if you marry the lady legally and adopt the child legally. You can challenge the man and I can assure you, you will defeat him over the boy as long as you follow the due process by adopting him legally. Worry not if you fear that the boy may go back to his father because if you train him as you would for you biological children, I tell you he will always choose you over his biological father when the time comes.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Strictly For Men And Husbands / My Younger Brother Is Addicted To Sports Betting, Please Help!!! / Feminist Allegedly Loses Husband To Her Non Feminist Friend

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.