Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,770 members, 7,817,138 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:52 AM

Iyawo Mammy-water(18+) - Literature (24) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Iyawo Mammy-water(18+) (174380 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) ... (36) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Iyawo Mammy-water(18+) by Silver1996(m): 4:31pm On Nov 14, 2021
elpochas:
How does Erica get out of these mess?She 4got that even the bible says do not be yorked together with Unbelievers.She also forgot evil communication corrupts good manners.Derek was just a fatal contact to Erica sent by the Devil to bring her down.Nice update Silver.
U welcome man
Re: Iyawo Mammy-water(18+) by Silver1996(m): 4:31pm On Nov 14, 2021
Carterj007:
Wahala everywhere. Thanks for the updates.
U welcome
Re: Iyawo Mammy-water(18+) by purity23(f): 10:57am On Nov 16, 2021
Silver1996:
U welcome
Silver afa na
Re: Iyawo Mammy-water(18+) by Silver1996(m): 11:51am On Nov 17, 2021
IYAWO MAMMY-WATER
EPISODE 29

A soulless serpent...

The flag on the car flutters violently in the wind, on the highway it moves so quickly and noisily that Maxwell wonders if it might break away from the pole, he watches the cheap plastic bending and the material beat as if it were trying to take flight. It stays that way, a battle between pole and flag until the car slows for the off ramp and finally stops.

With both hands tied, Maxwell look at them wondering why they will stop him in the middle of nowhere but before he could say a word.. one of the thugs opened the car door and pulled him out..., he lost his balance and rolled on the ground..., itching for an edge over them, he tried to get on his feet but he was a little two late, both thugs entered the car and drove away speedily ricocheting dust around him...

Maxwell cough before he sat on the ground, took his hands closer to his mouth and began to lose the rope with his teeth...
His phone rang in his pocket, he ignored it and continue loosening the rope, he finally succeded in ridding himself of the rope after several attempts..., when his phone rang again, he grunts and took it out from his pocket..

A low hiss made way from his mouth realising it's his neighbour calling..., he hesitated as he dwell in thoughts of what had happened to him moments ago..., he glance back at the phone..., heaved a deep sighed before he answered the call...

"Whatsup...?'"He said the moment the call connected..

"Max where are you...?"His neighbour voice sound from the other end..

Maxwell look around, his lips curl as he brood over what the thugs did to him....."Am somewhere and I can't talk right now.., I'll call you back when I get the chance..."

"No Max wait..."His neighbour chime in in a haste....

Frown lines encroached on Maxwell's forehead, he already have enough on his plate to be worried about than some nosy neighbours.....

"Your house caught fire man.."His neighbour added

Maxwell's eyes widened in shock.., he blink his eyes totally doubting what he has just heard.., then the words registered in his head again....
"What did you say..?"He asked in accertation

"Your house caught fire man and Mr Roberts is furious with you..., I don't know how it happened but part of the fire made way into his house and burnt his two year old baby...., the baby is dead as we're speaking.."

Maxwell's heart pulsated.., he paced as the weight of the words began to overwhelmed him...

"Wait..., are you bullshiting me or what..., is this a joke..?

"Is not Max.."His neighbour said..."Mr Robert is with a gun here, he said he's going to kill you if you ever step into the compound..., I just called to give you heads-up....."

"This cannot be.."Maxwell blare out angrily...."How did a fire start in my house.."

"I don't know...., the fire was already serious before any of us could find out...., just lay low man, Mr Robert is furious..."

"Fùck Mr Robert.."Maxwell sneer..."This is my house, my properties..., everything I have is in that house..."

"I just thought you should know..."His neighbour said before the call ended...

Maxwell groaned as he thought of all the valuables he have in the house.., as thoughts flood his head, his phone rang again.., he didn't hesitate before he answered the call with thoughts that he could be his neighbor calling again....

"Max where are you..?"The caller's voice came into light...

Recognising the voice, Maxwell took the phone from his ears and look at the caller.., his forehead creased noticing it's Derek...

"Max,.. Hello.."Derek's voice sound from the other end..

"I can't talk right now man."Maxwell said almost at the verge of ending the call...

"Am in trouble.."Derek said.."The police are after me.."

Maxwell huffs with raised eyebrows...."What have you done again..?"

There was silence before Derek's voice came again..."Look man, I can't explain over the phone.., am coming over to your place.."

"You cannot come to my place.."Maxwell replied sharply

"No man don't do this to me..."

"My house is burnt...."

"What..!"

Maxwell heaved a low sigh to calm his panic..."I just got a call from my neighbour...., he said my house caught fire..."

"How...?"

"I don't know man..., everything happening to me now is driving me crazy...., I was told not to even come home, my neighbours child was accidentally caught by the fire and now the father is furious and he wants me dead...."

There was silence from the other end and in that silence, Maxwell began to wonder how his life has drastically changed.., there he recalled what Nerissa had told him.., he'll lose everything and that's where his suffering will began....,.. it's happening, spoken words are coming into reality...

"I need a hideout...."Derek said from the other end snapping Maxwell from his thoughts....

"I think it's happening man..."Maxwell blare out...
"What's happening...?"

"Nerissa...."Maxwell said recalling what she told him..."She told me am going to lose everything...., what if this is what she meant.... my house could only be the beginning...."

There was silence from the other end before Derek's voice came again...."If I wasn't in this situation, I would have said the bitch is a liar..., she told me am going to die in jail and the next minute someone is shooting her head right there in front of me and then the police showed up......, Nerissa is doing this...."

"Where is she...?"Maxwell asked sharply......"I need to talk to her..."

"I don't know man.., I shot her.., I was very sure the bitch was dead, then she disappeared and now am on the run from a crime I didn't commit...."

"Find her.."Maxwell stated.. "In the main time I need to get to my house.., I need to be sure everything isn't completely burnt down...."

Before Derek could reply, Maxwell ended the call......

Hot tears streamed down Erica's face, and she squeezed her eyelids shut in the hope her tears would stop, her choppy breathing and watery eyes remained for quite some time, and she sat in the police interrogation room unmoving......

She quickly glance up as the door opens and a police inspector walks in....., she lower her gaze wondering how she could possibly explain that what they're thinking is not the truth....., how can she possibly tell them a mermaid, a person who vanishes, a demon from the pit of hell slit her friend's throat.....

Inspector Daz threw the knife still stained with blood on the table, the clattering sound dragging Erica's attention to it......
With tears still stenched on her face, she look up at the inspector as he pull a chair out and sat across her....

"Look at it...."Inspector Daz stated motioning her attention to the knife...."Does it refresh your memory....?"

Erica said nothing but rather fixated her thoughts on what have happened... how Nerissa slit Jasmine's throat with it..

"Why did you do it..?"Inspector Daz asked....

Erica swallowed totally lost on what to say......

"I have reasons to believe the two of you were close since you've been crying.., does it hurt to know you actually killed your friend..., for what reason.., a boy, disagreement......, an eye witness saw you going over the stairs to the roof...., did she invite you there, she disagreed over something and it pissed you off and then you grabbed a knife and slit her throat from behind...."

"I didn't kill my friend...."Erica spoke up reviving from the shock

"Well someone did.."Inspector Daz said..."And you two seen to be the only ones up there..., moreover the murder weapon was last seem in your hands totally stained with blood.., how would you explain that...?"

"She was my best friend.."Erica said crisply...."How could I have possibly killed my friend.."

"Who did then...?"

"Nerissa..."She blare out...

"Nerissa...."Inspector Daz reiterates nibbling his lip in disbelief....."And nobody saw this Nerissa..."

"She's not a human.."

"Are you blaming this on the devil now....?"

A tear rolled down Erica's cheek.., nobody is going to believe her.. nobody except.......

"I need to make a call.."She said with thoughts of Derek.., only Derek knows the truth, perhaps he can defend her and get her through this..

"Who do you wish to call...?"

"Someone who knows the devil exists...."

Inspector Daz sigh..."Look here young lady, I don't think you know the severity of this issue..., you killed somebody in cold blood, so quit giving me bullshit and tell me the damn truth.., why did you kill your friend...?"

"She's testing me.."Erica said..."She wants me to give up hope but woe to her, the God I serve is bigger and sharper than any two edges sword... this storm will pass..."

"Do you know another thing that is bigger, shaper and rougher than anything your murderous eyes has ever seen...?"

Erica didn't say word, she just sat looking at him...

"Jail.."Inspector Daz added..."Because that's where you'll going..., so I suggest we skip the part where you try to act like a religious pussy and come back to the reason you're here....."

Erica swallowed as she try to tame down the anger threatening to rip through her belly and explode....

"I didn't kill my friend.."She said crisply. .

Inspector Daz scoffs..."How did you feel when you held her from behind and slit her throat, her blood flowed into your hands and you just stood and watch as she bled to death...."

"I didn't kill my friend..."Erica reiterates.

Inspector Daz look at the knife and tossed the knife towards her...."Care to explain how it got into your hands ..."

Erica tried to recall but nothing suffice, maybe she was too in shock to be conscious of the things she did....

"I must have picked it up at some point..."

"What point..?"Inspector Daz sneered..."The point after you killed her or the point you decided to go full rampage on her.."

"I didn't kill her.."Erica groaned, her words bleaked with the anger burning inside her...

"Then explain how you got hold of the knife. .., or could it be the devil gave it to you to hold... come on, spill the lie..."

Erica look away as she fears she might explode if she keeps answering his questions...

"Look at you."Inspector Daz chimes in.."So innocent, one could never believe you can hurt a fly.., it would be so sad to see you hauled to jail..."

"Do you believe in God..?"Erica asked taming down her irritation. ..

Inspector Daz nibbed before answering. ."I do."

"Do you believe in his son Jesus christ. ..?"

He hesitated before he dragged the words through his lips..."I.. do.."

"Then you should believe when I tell you this.. God is not biased, he'll not abandoned his children in days of trials no matter how long it takes... I am telling you the truth, I did not kill Jasmine..."

Inspector Daz sighed. .."Let's say I believe you.., who killed her then..?"

"I already told you once..., a darkness did..., she's testing my faith..."

"Nerissa. ..!"

"That's what they call her.."Erica riposte

"Okay..., let's say I believe you again, where do I find this Nerissa. ....?"

Erica recall what Derek had told her, Nerissa has taken over his house..., she doubt after what happened, she'll still be there.......
"I don't know.."She replied

Inspector Daz exhales and reclined his back on the chair...."When was the last time you checked in with a psychiatrist..?"

"Am not crazy.."Erica replied sharply..

"Well I don't think you're okay upstairs. ..., either that or you're just doing this to provoke me and believe me, am getting provoked. .."

The psychic just sat on the wheelchair staring at nothingness as she waited for Mude to return with the oranges she has sent him....., footsteps began to echoe around her..., been lived with her grandchildren, even been blind she could still tell when they are coming to her, from the way their foot steps clanked on the ground, to the smell of their body but this scent she's perceiving is strong....

"Mude, is that you.."She asked trying to whirled the wheelchair around.., when the person walked closer, what she perceived sent her spines shivering. ....

"You....."The psychic said as the harsh scent made way to her nose again...."The serpent. ..., I can perceived you...., the raw smell of a snake...you've come for me, haven't you?"

"Hello old hag..."Magdalena said....

The psychic shivered. ..."Snake..., what do you want.., have you come to kill me as your kind have done my predecessor for the past two hundred years..."

"Don't pretend like you didn't know this day was going to come...."Magdalena said as she grip the wheelchair. ......"You blind old hag always poking your wretched nose into where it doesn't belong...."

"Evil...."The psychic said..."It needs to be vanquished. ..."

"I never knew you took the mantle until I heard the scream of that mermaid..., she was in complete agony as she transcends..., then I find out you told the human to use salt on her....."

The psychic chuckle. ..."She wasn't going to let him go.., I only gave a message. .., is his choice he acted on it..., leave the humans alone.."

"The humans come to us...."Magdalena riposte.. ."Even the good book states it....., be watchful, for the adversary lurks around seeking for a soul to devour...., whose fault is it they refused to heed to the words of the wise one... humans are fools..."

"So are you....."The psychic replied..."So is the mermaid....., a day is coming, these humans you call fools shall rebel with the force of the Holy spirit and every crawling thing from the evil pit shall be slained. . , every portal will be closed and every knee will confess that indeed.. the most high God is God..."

"Rebel...!"Magdalena reiterates and laugh...."Have your blindness left you deluded..., the world is changing. .., the beast is taking over, you know why.... humans no longer serve the highest, rather they serve the face of money. ..., and money is the beast workshop..., man made money, yet man is willing to tear another man apart because of it..., jealousy, wickedness, greediness is sowed into every man's heart, even those with a conscience are not excluded. ...."

"There's no fire without a smoke....God still have people and he's watching. .... till that day..."

Magdalena laughs..."People no longer believe in that day..., they believe in enriching themselves..... the rapture is no man's business. ...."

"If you kill me, others will rise after me..."

"Mmm. ..., are you begging me to spare your life..."

"I am not afraid of death, for it only means the end of my race on earth and the beginning of my worship to my father in heaven..., in his presence, I shall basked in joy.... in abundance of it, for I am going to a place, where everything is pure and white as snow and I shall worship in his feet and I'll sing, Hossana, hossana, hossana in the highest. . Blessed be his holy name..."

"Goodbye old hag...."

With that, she rolled the wheelchair outside to the edge of the balcony. .... she didn't blink before she pushed her from a three storey building balcony. ...

As the psychic landed on the ground, her bones snapped, the impact breaking her skull.... what followed was blood flowing freely on the ground.., her soul departed leaving the rest of her body to the cold hands of death before onlookers began to scream...... oblivious to them a soulless serpent is watching from above...

COULD THIS BE THE END OF NERISSA.....?...

IYAWO MAMMY-WATER.... Few more Episodes to the breathtaking finale.........

Not your usual fairytale story...

Sorry for the late update....

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Iyawo Mammy-water(18+) by Ann2012(f): 2:06pm On Nov 17, 2021
Thanks for the update boss

People just Dey die anyhow oooo

1 Like

Re: Iyawo Mammy-water(18+) by AmazingJAY(m): 2:17pm On Nov 17, 2021
Mind Blowing! Pls God Save Erica

Not just a story but a lesson to all Niggas

No be all ToTo good to Bleep
Some nah problem o

1 Like

Re: Iyawo Mammy-water(18+) by royalguy123(m): 2:28pm On Nov 17, 2021
may God deliver us from bad spirits all in the name of sexual pleasure may we not be a victim of sexual lust and desires in Jesus name

1 Like

Re: Iyawo Mammy-water(18+) by Kawo9ze(m): 2:32pm On Nov 17, 2021
Bring nerissa back, she's the main antagonist, villain!

1 Like

Re: Iyawo Mammy-water(18+) by Jesubaby: 3:06pm On Nov 17, 2021
Oh my God! This is not just a story, but also telling us to beware of the evils and hold unto God. And God alone. I awe Erica's faith. It's just wow!
I wish, i have such faith.
Thanks Bossman. More grace

1 Like

Re: Iyawo Mammy-water(18+) by sly12345: 3:08pm On Nov 17, 2021
Pls kill this serpent and bring back our Nerissa.

1 Like

Re: Iyawo Mammy-water(18+) by doctorexcel: 3:47pm On Nov 17, 2021
Thanks boss

1 Like

Re: Iyawo Mammy-water(18+) by egwolopretty: 3:59pm On Nov 17, 2021
Everybody is just dying, pls save Erica oo

1 Like

Re: Iyawo Mammy-water(18+) by purity23(f): 11:50pm On Nov 17, 2021
I knew they were going to kill this psychic.

Erica have a strong faith.

1 Like

Re: Iyawo Mammy-water(18+) by Carterj007(m): 1:29am On Nov 18, 2021
Thank you boss

1 Like

Re: Iyawo Mammy-water(18+) by YoungBruzzy(m): 1:06pm On Nov 18, 2021
Wow wow wow this is so breathtaking : fr this story got me glue to nairaland these days.

More grease to your elbow my wonderful OP

1 Like

Re: Iyawo Mammy-water(18+) by Thebigdream: 1:51pm On Nov 18, 2021
I just love Erica.

I don't think it will end well for Derek and co

1 Like

Re: Iyawo Mammy-water(18+) by Silver1996(m): 10:18pm On Nov 18, 2021
AmazingJAY:
Mind Blowing! Pls God Save Erica

Not just a story but a lesson to all Niggas

No be all ToTo good to Bleep
Some nah problem o
Abi
Re: Iyawo Mammy-water(18+) by Silver1996(m): 10:19pm On Nov 18, 2021
royalguy123:
may God deliver us from bad spirits all in the name of sexual pleasure
may we not be a victim of sexual lust and desires in Jesus name
Amen
Kawo9ze:
Bring nerissa back, she's the main antagonist, villain!
grin
Jesubaby:
Oh my God! This is not just a story, but also telling us to beware of the evils and hold unto God. And God alone. I awe Erica's faith. It's just wow!
I wish, i have such faith.
Thanks Bossman. More grace
Thanks
Re: Iyawo Mammy-water(18+) by Silver1996(m): 10:20pm On Nov 18, 2021
sly12345:
Pls kill this serpent and bring back our Nerissa.
grin
Re: Iyawo Mammy-water(18+) by petersononome: 8:52am On Nov 20, 2021
Next pls, can't wait to see what befalls Derek and Maxwell
Re: Iyawo Mammy-water(18+) by Silver1996(m): 12:05pm On Nov 21, 2021
IYAWO MAMMY-WATER
EPISODE 30

For all have sinned....

Erica looks at Inspector Daz as he walk into the room again like the fire in her eyes has been dowsed with ice water, if anything it makes the blue more pale..., she's not used to the kind of situation she's in.., it unnerves her..., It's like she just crawled right back inside some invisible shell and no matter how hard she try she's unreachable.

She moves her eyes more slowly, like they're heavy, an effort to move as the thought of what has happened to Jasmine once again thundered on her....

Inspector Daz look at her like he find on her eyes something between been guilty and innocent.., his stare was as uncomfortable as a chorus-girl corset and had an effect on Erica's breathing, constricted and shallow......., he quit staring and pushed a glass of water towards her...

"Drink...."He said crisply as he opened a file in front of him...

Erica heaved a deep sighed as she wonder what the future has gotten installed for her....., she hesitated and stole a quick glance from the inspector before she reluctantly took the glass and drank a bit of it....

Inspector Daz look at her again for maybe three whole seconds before the corners of his mouth resumed their usual softness and his eyes quit staring..., he lower his gaze to the file and took out a picture...., he exhales before he dropped the picture on the table...

Shock swept across Erica's face noticing the person on the picture is Derek, consternated.. she look back at him wondering why he had to show her Derek's picture....

"Do you know him...?"Inspector Daz asked looking at her carefully observing any involuntary guilty action.....

She sneaked in a deep breathe and once again lower her gaze to the picture, she pick it up, when she couldn't find any explanation as as to why the picture is shown to her.., she dropped it back on the table...

"What has he got to do with this...?"She asked curiously wondering if Derek ever showed up at the scene.....

"We're currently looking for him....and before you say another lie, you should know we did some interesting findings.., we know you've been associating with him..."

"What did he do..?"She cut in..

"Do you know where he's hiding...?"

Erica nearly hissed at the statement..."I've been locked in here, how would I possibly know where he is.."

Inspector Daz eyes gleamed and it was as if he suspects she knows his whereabouts....

"What did he do..?"Erica anxiously asked again.

"Murder...."Inspector Daz riposte taking another picture from the file..., few weeks ago this body was found, his head was detached from his body.., few hours before his death, Derek was seen coming out from his house..."

"That doesn't mean he killed him.."Erica said with conflicting thoughts buzzing inside her head.

"He's still a suspect..."Inspector Daz said before he took another picture out..."Do you know her.."He added tossing the picture to her side..

Erica look at the person in the picture, cold chills rain down her spines when she notice its a picture of a dead person.....when it didn't ring a bell, she raise her gaze to him..."No.."

"Her name is Priscilla.."Said Inspector Daz..."She was found dead in her apartment few hours after she was seen entering Derek's house..."

Her lashes fluttered in disbelief..., the mere thought that Derek could actually kill someone makes her want to lose it.. right here it dawned on her that she didn't really know him.., he's good looking with almost an impeccable personality but murder.........

"And just this morning..."Inspector Daz chimes in taking the last picture from the file...."This lady was found dead in his house..., he killed her.."

"Why are you telling me this..?"Erica chided almost immediately...

"Because we have reason to believe you two might be working hand in hand..."

"That's absurd..."She riposte, irritation slicing across her face..."I didn't do anything..."

"Didn't... or you just don't want to admit you killed your friend...."

"I didn't kill my friend.."Erica snapped exasperated.......

"Yeah.. you keep saying that..., but be rest assured I'll get to the bottom of this and trust me, if you're find guilty ... I'll escort you to prison myself..."

Erica's forehead creased but she didn't say a word....

"You've been asked to be bailed out.."Inspector Daz said..."Do you have anyone you want to call.."He added dropping her phone on the table...."Derek has been calling you..."

Right there, Erica thoughts catch up.., how could she be so stupid.., the police didn't do any findings, they saw Derek calling her , they saw the contact photo and they assumed she knows him.. how could she be so stupid to hadn't noticed..., she stole one last glance from him before she scroll through everyone that have called her...., when she saw Wilson, she decide to call him back.... better Wilson than Derek...

"You did well..."Chief Henshaw said as he dropped the bible on the table....."But the news about your stupidity is still spreading... , that we have to do something about..."

Pastor Alfred lips curled by Chief Henshaw harsh statement but he didn't say a word.., instead he took up a bottle of wine from the fridge and pick up two glasses.., he poured the wine in both glasses and offered Chief Henshaw one....

"Chief.., I only went for a deliverance session..., I didn’t know it was going to turn out like that..."

"You went for a deliverance session that wasn't staged... how could you be so stupid..., have you forgotten how we grew the church to how it is today....., your reckless move could have cost us everything..., I invested alot into this business, think twice next time before making such mistake..."

Anger thrummed through pastor Alfred's veins but he didn't say a word...., he slugged down a bit of the wine and dropped the glass on the table....

"Who is she..?"Chief Henshaw asked before gulping down half of the glass of wine

"Who is who..?"

"Who is the girl who made you into a statue of ridicule....?"

Pastor Afred grunt before replying...."I was told she's a mermaid..., she seem powerful, the likes of which we've never seen before.."

"A mermaid in the flesh.....I'll like to meet her...."

"Why...?"

"None of your business.."Chief Henshaw slurred..

Pastor Alfred raise a brow as Chief Henshaw empty the glass of wine..., just then a mirthless smile circled his face when Cheif Henshaw began to feel uneasy.....

"Do you know what you are...?"Pastor Alfred queried as he walk closer to Chief Henshaw whose stomach was in pains and his muscles had a severe painful spasm. ......"You're a greedy, pathetic old bastard....."

When Chief Henshaw couldn't take the pains anymore, he crunched down to the ground.., he cough and blood spill from his mouth....

"You were so interested in giving me orders that you didn't noticed there is strychnine in your glass....."

"Yo... you.."Chief Henshaw to utter a word but what came out from his mouth was engulfed in stutters...."You poison..ed me..."

"I hate you..."Pastor Alfred sneered.."You invested into the church, so what.., you built the church, so what.., Am tired of your bullshit.."

Severe pain torn his stomach inside out as more blood pooped out from his mouth.., he crawled towards pastor Afred and got hold of his trouser..."

"Am tired of you ordering me around, am tired seeing you calling the shots like you own me.."

Chief Henshaw try to mutter words but words eluded him, right there he knew he was fading out, the pain was too much and he couldn't take it anymore, he felt his heart beating slower and slower until it completely stopped, he stole one last glance at Pastor Alfred before his hands let go of his trouser and he fell flat on his face and gave up the ghost.....

Pastor Alfred sighed heavily and trot towards his office chair.., he arranged his tie before he opened his mouth again to say....."For all have sinned and fall short of his glory......, have mercy on me God, for I have sinned... Amen.."

As Erica stepped into her house, she remenbered what Inspector Daz had told her.., she shouldn't think about leaving town since she's still a murder suspect. .., she sighed heavily before she refix her gaze on Wilson...

"Thank you.."She said realising she didn't say much to him on their way to her house.., she's sad, mourning the dead of her friend...

"Will you be fine...?"Wilson said, a bit glad she called him in her point of need...., but he was a bit shocked, terrified even when she told him she was arrested.., he was curious as why such a good person would be arrested, it wasn't until he got to the police station that he learnt he truth about Jasmine death and she's framed for her death.....

"Her body has been taken to the morgue.."Wilson said..."They'll like you to contact her people...."

Erica sniffled as tears threatened to roll down her cheek...."Thank you"

He was curious, wanted to find out who could have killed Jasmine...."Will you be fine alone..?"

She hesitated in replying and in that moment she gave in to the tears threatening to roll down her cheek.., she turn away from Wilsom and help herself to a chair...

Wilson step closer to her with intentions of consoling her and that was when the buzz of her ringtone went off..

With tears in her eyes, she glance at the caller...,knowing it's Derek calling, she didn't hesitate before she answered the call...

"Jesus Erica where have you been..?"Derek voice sound from the other end..

Erica sob into her hands, she slack-jawed before her mouth moved to talk..."She killed her...."

Shocked Wilson raise his gaze to her wondering who they are talking about...

There was silence from the other end before Derek's voice came again. ...

"Are you inside..,am just outside your gate...."

"Yes am in.."Erica said before she realise the words came out wrong., in that moment she recalled everything Inspector Daz had told her about Derek.., her thoughts quickly catch up.., why would they tell her about Derek and let her go.., they knew Derek was calling.., what if they followed her home to know if Derek was going to show up in her house.., it's a trap.....

"Derek..."She blare out over the call...."You need to run, the police are after you.., you need to leave now..."

"What.....!"

Erica couldn't say another word when she heard the police sirens..., she quickly ran out, Wilson followed suit and together they ran outside the gate....

"Your hands above your head...."Officer Justin shouted at Derek..

Fear licked through Derek and without hesitation, he did as he was told...., he spun around when he heard his name only to see Erica in tears.......

Without time wasting, Officer Martins quickly handcuffed him and quickly took from him the backbag he was carrying. ...

"We finally got you.."Inspector Daz said with a smile on his phone. ..

"I didn't do anything. .."Derek said to Erica..."Am innocent Erica, Nerissa is doing this.."He added as they dragged him to the police vehicle. ..

"He's innocent "Erica chimes in..."You're making a mistake..."

Inspector Daz emptied Derek's bag on the ground and a handgun fell out...

Erica mouth slack-jawed as Inspector Daz pick up the gun.....

"He's carrying a gun, do you still think he's innocent. ."

Erica stood dumbfounded, past and recent events overclouding her thoughts....."You knew he was going to come here.., was that why you let me go..?"

"We suspected..."Inspector Daz replied..."And the fool played right into our hands..., you two must really be close for him to risk it.."

"What are you going to do to him...?"Erica queried..

"What happens to murderers in this country..."He riposte and turn to walk away, he made a few steps away from them before he stopped and turn around to face her again...."And you better don't leave town, we're watching you.."

"Am not going anywhere. ..."Erica retorted.

"Good.."He said and walk to join them in the police car....

As the two police cars swung into the country road.., Officer Justin look out from the backseat of the car., realising no car was coming their way., he signalled Officer Matins from the rear mirror, he imagined how it's going to be, only two people are sitting in the car in front of them, Inspector Daz and another policeman who's driving.....

Derek unaware of what's going on Began to brood over everything that have happened since he came across Nerissa. ..., he quickly snapped from his thoughts at the sound of a bullet. .., everything went mute around him for a second.., when he finally snapped out from it, he realise the policeman driving has been shot by the policeman sitting close to him...

Officer Martin quickly get hold of the car steering and kick on the car brakes while Officer Justin came down from the car and began to walk towards the other police car..
The moment Inspector Daz came down from the car.., Officer Justin shot him, the bullet hitting his ribcage, Inspector Daz gun fell from his hand as his body made way to the ground..

The other policeman jumped down from the driver's seat but he was a little too late, before he could shoot, a firece bullet from officer Justin's gun hit his head dropping him dead instantly. ..

With pains searing across Inspector Daz eyes, he began to crawl towards his gun but Officer Martins kicked it from his reach.....

"Why....?"Inspector Daz manage to ask...

"We've been paid to keep him alive...."Officer Justin said before he pulled the trigger., the bullet flew out the chamber with a force and hit the target..., pricking a hole in Inspector Daz head dragging him into his death bed...

Awe engulfed Derek, hands shaking, he manage to open the car door ... he couldn’t run when he saw the two officers approaching approaching approaching him

"Please.., don't. ..don't kill me.., I.. I..

Before he could finish his statement. .., Officer Justin hit him with the gun.., his eyes ebbed before he fell unconcious. ..

"Wow..."Officer Martin mutter inhalling deeply...."What are you going to do with your twenty million....?"

A smile lit up Officer Justin's face.."Am taking the forty million. ..."He slurred and shot Officer Martins whose body dropped down in a swift...

Officer Justin quickly carried Derek's unconcious body and dropped him in the backseat of the car.....

"This is him as promised...."Officer Justin said dropping Derek's lifeless body on the floor after he uncuffed him.., he returned his gaze to the man who had promised them money. ....

"Is he dead....?"The man asked

"Just unconcious. ..."Officer Justin said

The man sigh and took out a bag from under the table..."Your balance as promised.."

Officer Justin quickly checked. ..., the money was in dollars, he took out a few notes before he zipped the bag..

"Where is your friend..?"The man asked

"Dead..."Officer Justin said carrying the bag of money.."It's nice doing business with you."

"Would you like a handshake....?"The man asked..."To seal this good business deal.."

Officer Justin look around.., the day the man have found them and told them about the deal, they didn't take it at first, until he wired 10million into their account.., it was a lot of money and the job was to bring Derek in..., same Derek they've been looking for...., he hesitated before he took his hand for a shake...., his eyes enlarged when he began to feel a strange hotness in his hand, he tried to pull off but he couldn't. .

"Let go of me..."Officer Justin shouted but rather than letting go, the man began to chant in strange tongues.., exasperated, Officer Justin took out his gun..., he didn't hesitate before he shot him but to his surprise the bullet didn't penetrate. ..., just then he felt something burning his insides.., the gun fell from his hand as he cried out...

The man let go and Officer Justin felt a powerful force strangling hm..., he couldn't breathe and it was as if his life is been snatched from him...., little by little, his heartbeat began to slow, blood pooped from his mouth before his heart finally stop and his lifeless body fell on the bag of money......

The man pushed his body aside and carried his money before he moved towards Derek......

"You'll soon be awoken my dearest mermaid....."

IYAWO MAMMY-WATER...

TBC

19 Likes

Re: Iyawo Mammy-water(18+) by Silver1996(m): 12:17pm On Nov 21, 2021
petersononome:
Next pls, can't wait to see what befalls Derek and Maxwell
Thanks sir
Re: Iyawo Mammy-water(18+) by elpochas: 1:01pm On Nov 21, 2021
These is getting more interesting.The Twist and Plots are Wow,Who is these Strange Man?
Re: Iyawo Mammy-water(18+) by kelvyncruz: 3:22pm On Nov 21, 2021
Who is this man again na, now that inspector Daz is dead, is Erica safe.

Thanks for the update
Re: Iyawo Mammy-water(18+) by Ann2012(f): 3:32pm On Nov 21, 2021
This is suspense filled 100%

Thanks for the update boss
Re: Iyawo Mammy-water(18+) by Miratopaz(m): 4:28pm On Nov 21, 2021
Nice story
Re: Iyawo Mammy-water(18+) by aprilwise(m): 4:53pm On Nov 21, 2021
The story don take different turns
Re: Iyawo Mammy-water(18+) by Odoogu(m): 4:55pm On Nov 21, 2021
Evil is damned courageous.
Re: Iyawo Mammy-water(18+) by preshman22: 5:09pm On Nov 21, 2021
See the handiwork of pussy

Boys beware!!!!
Re: Iyawo Mammy-water(18+) by purity23(f): 9:10pm On Nov 21, 2021
Wow , and I was actually thinking Derek was going to suffer in jail, who could this man be and which mermaid is he talking about..

Thanks for the update

(1) (2) (3) ... (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) ... (36) (Reply)

Flow And Snow / A Soldier That Loves Me- A Fat Girl's Story / Friday The 13th-Assassins Creed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 119
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.