Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,801 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:22 AM

Iyawo Mammy-water(18+) - Literature (28) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Iyawo Mammy-water(18+) (174419 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) ... (36) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Iyawo Mammy-water(18+) by Silver1996(m): 1:04am On Jan 03, 2022
IYAWO MAMMY-WATER
EPISODE 34

An illusion

The man yanked the wrinkles from his native attire adjusted his spectacles and, after a side-to-side waggle of the head, he removed his cap from his head Placing both hands flat on inspector John desk, he tipped forward, and radiated a practice glare--Superman style. Small wonder the visitor’s chair in front of him didn’t burst into flames.....

Inspector John understood his rage, why he's glaring daggers at him but surely, he can't bring back his dead daughter......

He reclined on his chair allowing Jasmine father to sit down again before he opened his mouth to speak up....

"So..."

"All I want to hear..."Mr Asore, Jasmine father cut in again...., his grey lashes fluttering with disgust..."Is you have arrested my daughter's killer.."

Inspector John sighed deeply...."We're investigating sir, soon...

"Investigating....!"Mr Asore reiterates, a sudden surge of anger rushing through his veins...."My daughter is laying down in the morgue with her throat slit open and you're still investigating...."

Inspector John flex his fingers as the thoughts of Erica invaded his head..., could she be the killer or what she said about the ghost Nerissa is true....., but he knew how it's going to end, if the father keep insisting her daughters killer is found, they'll have to go for the arrest.....

"I want my daughter's killer found.."Mr Asore demanded...

"We're doing our best sir..."

Angrily, Mr Asore hit the table with his palm, a new wave of anger blew through him as once again he stare daggers at the inspector....."Where is she..?"

The corners of inspector John's lifted with curiosity...."Where is who sir...?"

"The girl.."Mr Asore riposte....

"What girl sir...?"

His brows knitted making inspector John quickly realise the question offended him....

"The killer of my daughter..."He sneered with curled lips...

Shock lanced across inspector John's face as he wonder who must have disclosed such top secret to the man...."I don't follow sir.., a killer hasn't be caught yet, who is the her you seem to be talking about.."

"Don't joke with me.."Mr Asore retorted angrily as he tilt his head towards the inspector..."I know very well you caught someone, my daughter's murderer...."

"Who ever told you that sir must have misinformed you.."The inspector replied sharply.., the last thing he wants is giving the grieving man with a taste for vengeance the benefit of a doubt....."We have no suspect yet.."

"Yet I was told you have a suspect.."Mr Asore replied, his mouth twitching with resentment...., how much were you paid...?"

"Excuse me sir..."

"Excuse you.."Mr Asore retorted....."My daughter is dead, murdered by someone who we both know you know.."

"I don't know anything about that sir.."Inspector John chimes in...."May I know who told you this...?"

With ragged breathes, Mr Asore took a deep breathe, withdrew and sat back on the chair before he wipe his eyes of any tears that may want to fall out......"Someone told me at the morgue...., she said she overheard one of the policemen talking about the girl that killed my daughter..., she added she's here, in the police custody...., is that a lie..?"

Inspector John sighed, his brain quandered and left him with two choices...., two choices he isn't sure which one to choose....

"Well..."Inspector John said..."Whoever told you that is totally not wrong....., we have a suspect.."

"Did she kill my daughter..?"Mr Asore queried..

"I never said is a she..."

"Whoever it is.., I demand to see that person...., I want to see the face of the man that slit my daughter's throat..."

"We're still investigating sir..., we aren't sure...

"My instincts have never been wrong.."Mr Asore cut in...."And my instincts tells me you know the person that killed my daughter, why are you delaying to persecute her.."

"A her again...?"

"I want to see the face of the person that murdered my daughter.."He snapped getting up from the chair...."My daughter is laying in the morgue without breathe..., she's dead, gone.....

"I understand your plight sir.."

"No you don't understand...."He riposte angrily....."Twenty eight years......, do you know how long it takes to see your daughter grow and become twenty eight......."

"Sir.....

"We nurtured her.."Mr Asore continued..."Clothed her..., educated her..., she was making us proud...., do you know how it feels to hear this same daughter, the daughter who much was given, suffered for... is dead.., died at a ripe age..."

"I understand what you're passing through sir, trust me I do and am assuring you We're doing our very best to bring your daughters killer to justice..."

"When will that be..?"He queried hitting the desk....

"Soon sir.., I can assure you that.. "

Frown lines dipped in profound sadness drifted across his face.., one minute he sworn to himself not to cry again but the painful flashback of seeing his sister's lifeless body made tears came before he could stop them, boiling hot... instantly freezing on his face, and he knew there was no point in wiping them off Or pretending... so he let them fall.....

He wanted to call his mother but his father had told him not to do it, said the time isn't right..., and all he wants now is find the bastard that did this terrible thing to his sister.....

"Terrible isn't it..."A voice sounds from behind him..

Shocked, Jackson, Jasmine's brother spun around with the alertness of the voice....., he swallowed wondering when the intruder had stood behind him...., for a second he just kept quiet and he search his head for clues that suggest he knows her from somewhere, when nothing came up, he looked away and pretended he didn't hear her speak not until she said another word that he looked at her....

"She was a good person.."Magdalena added and stepped into his front. .

Shocked, he looked at her wondering who she is......

"Am Maggy..."Magdalena said extending her hand for a handshake....

His lips curled and his shock suddenly began to dissolve into disgust..., he ignored her outstretched hands and focused on her face instead.....

Magdalena withdrew her hands and decides to use spoken words instead....."I was her friend..."

Jackson sighed, a bit regretful he turned down her handshake without a proper knowledge of who she is...."Oh..."

"We weren't that close but we've spoken some few times, spend time together. .. am still saddened by her death...."

"She was killed...."Jackson said brusquely. ..

"I know.."Magdalena replied...."I never knew she would carry out her plans.."

"Who.."Jackson replied sharply. ..."What are you talking about...?"

Magdalena wipe her eyes...."It's nothing, you..

"No tell me.."He cut in sharply. ..."Who carried out her plans..."

Magdalena mouth shook like a goldfish but no words came out but stutters..

"My sister is dead.."He snapped and gripped her. .."Her throat slit open.., if you know something about her death, tell me.."

"Fine...."She said yanking his grip from her....."But you didn't hear this from me okay...."

"I won't say a word.."He replied relentless. .

"It's that girl..."

"What girl..?"Jackson demanded angrily

"I told Jasmine to stay away from her, I...

"What girl..?"He latched out impatiently as he grab her hand again...

"Erica...."Magdalena said

"Erica.."Jackson reiterates...."Her friend..?"

"Yeah...., they had issues.., they quarrelled several times about a boy.., and on one occasion, Erica had threatened to hurt her...., I just couldn't believe she invited her to that building only to kill her..."

Anger burned hot and unstoppable in Jackson guts.., infuriated to his boiling point, he grabbed Magdalena's neck and pushed her against the wall....

For a slight second, Magdalena felt breathless, she cough trying to catch her breathe against his firm grip. ....

"Do you know what you're saying.....?"He sneered

Magdalena slap his hand, muttering to be set free, when Jackson let go of her neck, she lower her head to take a deep breathe before she raised her head to him again

"Am telling you the truth...."She said amidst pants breathe....."Erica killed her.., who do you think the police saw with the murder weapon. ..?"

Jackson look askance at her, there he remenbered the nurse who had called his father had told them she overheard the policemen that brought in her body saying they arrested the killer......

"You haven't heard..."Magdalena chimes in...."It is her.., Erica, standing right there with a knife with in her hand over her body..., she killed Jasmine.., you can ask the police if you doubt me.."

Jackson eyes narrowed and his teeth clenched together. ...."Tell me"He said..."Where is she...?"

"Her house...."Magdalena replied..."Your sister is dead, yet the murderer is left to walk freely..."

"Her address..."He demanded angrily..

Magdalena relay the address to him, it didn't take a minute before Jackson dashed out of the morgue premises with an anger that could burn through metals..

Seeing him leave in such manner was all Magdalena wanted..., if Nerissa framed Erica for a death she knows about but didn't carry out, surely she's a threat, and now she has Wilson, her target in her grasp. ..., and until she takes away Wilson away from her, she intend continuing from where Nerissa stopped.....

"Again thank you.."Erica said crisply as she open the food flask. ..., the aroma made way into her nose but appetite for it was gone...., how can she possibly eat knowing fully well her friend died a painful death few hours ago and she's blamed for it.., the man she loves is on the run, proclaimed as a criminal and a killer..., how did her life turn into shits overnight....

"You really don't have to thank me again..."Wilson said..."Just eat something, that will enough appreciation. .."

She almost smiled but the painful memory of what happened hours ago wouldn't allow her..., she picked up the spoon and tend to the food...

Wilson watched with a smile as she took a half spoonful of the food to her mouth...., she ate it but not with the enthusiasm of someone that hasn't eaten for hours, she ate the food as if she's been forced, like the taste was bad and demands no proper grinding. .....

Erica stopped after the second spoon, she dropped the spoon and reclined on the chair..

"Are you okay. .."Wilson said walking to her..., he touched her and his eyes widened with shock..."You're burning up..."

"Am fine..."Erica mutter....

"You're not fine.., you're burning up, worst part you're refusing to eat..."

"I have no appetite. .."Erica mutter..

"That's what you said in the last five hours...., you need to give yourself a break and face the reality...., she's dead Erica and she's not coming back, starving yourself won't bring her back...."

Erica threw him an angry look but didn't say a word...

"You need to get something into your stomach. ."Wilson continued ignoring the look on her face...."What are you plans.., kill yourself. .."

"You should go.."Erica cut in impetuously. ..
He sighed realising he spoke out of turn but she needed to hear the truth and he isn't sorry he reminded her Jasmine isn't coming back...

"You starve yourself and then what...?"Wilson ask feeling annoyed. .."Get sick, your body cannibalises itself and eats away at your muscle tissue just to stay alive..., when it dries out, what happened. ..Death.., is that what you want, to die..?"

Erica didn't reply, didn't want to...

"You shouldn't be feeling this way.."Wilson added

"Do you believe I killed her...?"Erica asked

"No.."Wilson replied sharply. ..."I know you're innocent..."

"So you don't think I sound stupid when I said a mermaid killed her.."

Wilson stayed quiet for a minute and it gave Erica the reply she needed, so before he could utter any word, she interjects...

"Just get me fruits..."She said

"You should know am fully backing you on whatever you say happened. ..."Wilson replied...

She looked at him, the reassurance is good but she won't be needing it if she's arrested for Jasmine death and locked away in jail...

"What fruit do you need.."

"Whichever your hand can get.."

He stayed with her for a while before he left the house.., once gone, Erica stood up to the bathroom, she washed her face, washing off the tears that seem to overwhelmed her..., she was barely doing it when she heard a loud knock on the door, wondering who knocked that way, she came out and walk into the sitting room, she got to the door and saw someone, a guy standing at her gate.., she quickly recognised him, He's Jasmine brother, she had seem him once, when she had to follow Jasmine for a seminar, the brother had come along then....

"Hi..."Jackson said, trying to suppressed the rage that burn between his eyes..

Erica sighed, wondering who had showed him her house or could it be the inspector already spill the bean....

"Hey. ."She said crisply and opened the gate to let him in...., once in, she banged the door behind them...

"This is where you live..."Jackson said looking around...

Erica know fully well he couldn't have come all the way to admire the interiors of her house....., he must have heard, he must have heard the horrific truth....

"Am sorry...."Erica said when Jackson said nothing more...

Jackson returned his gaze to her..."For. ..?

Erica sniffled..., her instincts tells her he already knows but he's too calm.., he cared about his sister.....

"Are you talking about my sister..?"

Erica nodded when words eluded her....

"Where is she..?"

She sniffled again as she fight the tears back, he acting like he isn't aware was making it hard.....

"Come on tell me, where is my sister..?"Jackson said taking a step towards her..

When Erica saw his clenched fist, she took a step back....

"Where is she..?"Jackson latched out..

Erica's heart freeze with tremor. ....., his thunderous voice making tears gathered once more in her eyes.......

"Oh...."Jackson sneered. .."I'll tell you..., she's in the morgue, the fucking morgue....."

"I know.."Erica stuttered with tears..."Am sorry.."

"What are you sorry for huh. ..?"He smirked darkly...."For killing her.."

Shock rose above her eyes...."No.., I didn’t do that, I didn’t. .....

"Shut up.."Javkson hollered..."Just shut up...., you think I havent heard...."

"Whatever you heard is a lie"Erica cut in.."I..I..

"Where you arrested by the police. ..?"He queried angrily

"I...I..

"Yes or No.."Jackson growled...

"Yes.."Erica latched out...

"Why..?"

"I didn't kill her.."

"I asked why.."He yelled on her face..

Fear thundered on Erica as his deep voice made way to her ear...."They think I killed her..."

"The knife.."He said.."Was it with you..?"

Erica's tried to explain, to tell him the truth but what came out from her mouth was engulfed in stutters....

"Yes or No.."He yelled..

"Yes..."Erica blared out and before she could say another word, Jackson back palm slammed across her face...

The unexpected hit threw her off balance, a split second passed and she was trying to ease herself from the slap when jackson grabbed the back of her neck and pulled her to his face.....

Erica groaned with the sudden force.., tears fell from her eyes as Jackson glare at her through hard rimmed eyes....

"My sister trusted you and you killed her.."Jackson growled before he hit her with his powerful arm again...

Stars burst in Erica's vision, she lost her balance and fell down......

Rage thrummed through Jackson veins, without hesitation he began to kick Erica in the stomach. ..

Erica screamed and groaned in pains but Jackson wasn't done, he ignored the fact that she was a woman and vulnerable, he brusquely dragged her and with furious eyes, he sent a blow to Erica's stomach. ..
Spurs upon spurs of siliva gushed and drooled out from Erica's stomach as she wince in pains, another blow came for a face and she fell down...

"Murderer..."Jackson yelled as he continue kicking her..., blood drooled from her mouth until she eventually stopped moving and only then did the door open and Wilson rushed towards them for the rescue...

He pushed Jackson aside and before Jackson could recover from it, Wilson sent a blow to his face before he rushed to Erica's side....

Jackson quickly dashed out of the house when neighbours came rushing in.., lucky for him no one raced after him..

"Erica...."Wilson shouted touching her bruised body, when she gave no response, he lean his ear to her heart, there was no heartbeat...

His heart hammered against his chest as the painful reality occurred to him.., she can't be dead.., Erica can't be dead...

Re: Iyawo Mammy-water(18+) by Silver1996(m): 1:06am On Jan 03, 2022

Erica eyes open to a cloud of fog, wondering how she got there, she look around her.., fear seized her for a second when she saw a bright light shoning from afar..., she swallowed before she began to trot towards the light, she had only taken a few steps when a hand grab her hand...
She turn her gaze to her side.., shock swept across her then a smile whizzed its way in when she saw Jasmine. ..

"Jasmine..."She mutter. ......"It's you.., you're alive."

"You cannot be here..."Jasmine said....."You have a battle ahead of you, you have to return.."

"I don't understand. .."Erica said.."Return where..?"

She waited for an answer but before Jasmine could reply, a wind blew in, what follow was Jasmine screaming as a powerful force drag her away. ...

"Jasmine.."Erica shouted and quickly race towards the direction of Jasmine voice......
She continue running after her until she fell in a hole.., seconds past, she lost sight of the world, when she reopen her eyes she was face to face with Jasmine again, only this time Jasmine was on her knee and a knife was in front of her throat. ..

Dread twisted in Erica's guts as she raise her head to see Nerissa holding the knife to Jasmine throat...., she looked around and her thoughts catch up, it's the same place Jasmine throat was slit, they were wearing the same clothes they've wore the day it happened. ..

"No no no..."Erica mutter in fear, totally confused.., what is happening, has the clock turn back time....."What is going on...?"Erica shouted....

"Remenber who you are..."Jasmine blared out..

Erica's heart beat with irregular beats.., she hit herself hoping she isn't in a dream...

"Bow before me and i shall let her be..?"Nerissa said

"No no no...."Erica mutter with pants breathe..."It can't be happening again..."

"Erica..."Jasmine shouted snapping Erica from her thoughts....

Erica quickly jolted out from her confusion and turn her gaze towards Jasmine...

"You've lost it.."Jasmine said..."You have to find your way back.."

'Am confused.."Erica said..."This isn't real...."

"This is real..."Jasmine said..."It's happening in your head...,where is the one place you've always told me to look whenever I feel lost......"

Erica look at her, fear thrumming through her veins as she try to debate what's real and what's just a fiction. ...., when Jasmine called her again, her thoughts catch up.......

"The Bible..."She said to Jasmine..

"And who should I run to..?"Jasmine asked

"God.."Erica replied crisply. .

A smile circled around Jasmine's face...."You've fallen off the track.., get back on it..."

Erica took a deep breathe to calm her panic before she look up at Nerissa again, and just when Nerissa was about to slit Jasmine throat, Erica rushed towards her and held the knife, then with a force she hit it from Nerissa's grasp.....

"Afflictions shall not rise the second time...."Erica said and push Nerissa aside, away from Jasmine...., she didn't hesitate before she rushed to Jasmine...

"I don't know what is happening but am happy to see you again..."Erica said trying to touch Jasmine but she couldn't hold her, and no matter how she tried to touch Jasmine, her hand keep going into nothingness and it was as if Jasmine isn't there. ...

"I don't understand. .."Erica said shocked. ..."Why can't I hold you. ., what's going on..?"

"You're in an illusion. .."Jasmine said..."You created this illusion yourself, you blame yourself for what happened to me and you've always want to right it, you wished you had saved me that day...."

"So this is not real...?"

"This is as real as you want it to be..."

"I don't understand. ..."

A smile beam from Jasmine face, a split second passed and she was no more, everything else faded and crashes leaving Erica in a fountain of fog. ...

"Jasmine..."She shouted..., she continued screaming until she felt a hand pulling her up.....

She quickly opened her eyes and snapped back into reality......

"Erica...."Wilson shouted as Erica's eyes opened widely. ..

Erica tried to move but the pains from the bruises seared across her face..., just then her thoughts catch up and she quickly brood over the beating Jackson had given her...

She look at Wilson and pondered on where she had been minutes ago......, confusion dawned on her.....

"I thought you were dead"Wilson whimpered and hugged her tightly. ...

"I saw her..."Erica whispered in his ear...."I saw Jasmine..."

SAHAMARADAN

The wind rushed by making her tail tap on the water...., her fins stood erected before she opened her dark predating eyes...........

The women on red who had stayed with her patiently waiting for her to recover, upon seeing this, they all bow down.....

"The goddess is awake...."One of them shouted and the rest chorused accolages after her.....

Her long tail tap violently on the water...., little by little cracks began visible on the tub, until her tail gave it one final hit and the tub broke into two, water broke out and flow earnestly on the ground..

She growled in her fish form as she move her preying eyes around......

Her bones snapped as she transform with pains to adapt her human form...., after completion, the women on red quickly rushed to her with a cloth. ...., she took it and look at the marks in her body, the scars made by the bullet holes..., only then did she remember her name.....Nerissa. ... her name is Nerissa. ..

THE END IS NEAR......

IYAWO MAMMY-WATER.. Few episodes to the finale

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Iyawo Mammy-water(18+) by Silver1996(m): 1:08am On Jan 03, 2022
prof30:
Lovely story.. please update. Another battle for Erica
Have done that
Re: Iyawo Mammy-water(18+) by Silver1996(m): 1:09am On Jan 03, 2022
Mummytoo:
Hmmmmm, i have been enjoying this story since yesterday

Thanks to the writer
You welcome sir
Re: Iyawo Mammy-water(18+) by Silver1996(m): 1:09am On Jan 03, 2022
Investorrtbankz:
C problem wey penis carry OG put
Re: Iyawo Mammy-water(18+) by Silver1996(m): 1:10am On Jan 03, 2022
preshman22:
OP is back again
Yeah man.. am back
Re: Iyawo Mammy-water(18+) by Silver1996(m): 1:10am On Jan 03, 2022
Favy1235:
If you see a good thing try compliment it.
Silver i must really commend you,you are doing a great work here.
Kudos and more inspirations to you.
Thanks sir
Re: Iyawo Mammy-water(18+) by Silver1996(m): 1:11am On Jan 03, 2022
zoer:
Silver1996 come continue
I don continue o
Re: Iyawo Mammy-water(18+) by mceze(m): 3:55am On Jan 03, 2022
Silver1996:
HAPPY NEW YEAR LOVELIES...

GOT A NEW PHONE YESTERDAY..

NERISSA IS COMING.!!!!!!

Happy new year fella.

Re: Iyawo Mammy-water(18+) by showgoeson: 9:51am On Jan 03, 2022
This is just wow, Welcome back silver and a happy new year

Re: Iyawo Mammy-water(18+) by Thebigdream: 2:58pm On Jan 03, 2022
The last war will soon begin, Erica is fully ready for everyone now

Re: Iyawo Mammy-water(18+) by Ann2012(f): 6:55pm On Jan 03, 2022
Thanks for the update boss
Happy new year

Re: Iyawo Mammy-water(18+) by purity23(f): 12:26pm On Jan 04, 2022
Thanks for the update. Can't wait to see the end

Re: Iyawo Mammy-water(18+) by kelvyncruz: 10:13am On Jan 05, 2022
Thanks for the update

Re: Iyawo Mammy-water(18+) by Lilly4endu(f): 2:54pm On Jan 07, 2022
Finally, happy New year everyone and also to you my old handsome fella (Sliver 1996. Ann2012 longest time, hope you enjoyed the season merriment?

Re: Iyawo Mammy-water(18+) by Ann2012(f): 3:29pm On Jan 07, 2022
Lilly4endu:
Finally, happy New year everyone and also to you my old handsome fella (Sliver 1996. Ann2012 longest time, hope you enjoyed the season merriment?

Compliments babe, how u doing?
Re: Iyawo Mammy-water(18+) by Mavikolo2020: 8:12am On Jan 08, 2022
Well done Mr Silver and a happy new year
Re: Iyawo Mammy-water(18+) by Nobody: 9:29am On Jan 08, 2022
Is this Iyawo mammy water in a book form? I'd really love to have it on my shelf kiss

Re: Iyawo Mammy-water(18+) by Lilly4endu(f): 6:07pm On Jan 08, 2022
Ann2012:

Compliments babe, how u doing?
Doing great thanks

Re: Iyawo Mammy-water(18+) by Odoogu(m): 7:03pm On Jan 08, 2022
Jaylynn:
Is this Iyawo mammy water in a book form? I'd really love to have it on my shelf kiss

So you can learn skills abi undecided cheesy

Re: Iyawo Mammy-water(18+) by Thebigdream: 9:02pm On Jan 08, 2022
Odoogu:

So you can learn skills abi undecided cheesy
What skills would she learn.. how to become a mermaid.? undecided

Re: Iyawo Mammy-water(18+) by Odoogu(m): 9:19pm On Jan 08, 2022
Thebigdream:

You should have allowed he answer the question posed to her... Now we may never know!

Re: Iyawo Mammy-water(18+) by Jesubaby: 9:52pm On Jan 08, 2022
Thank you Silver

Re: Iyawo Mammy-water(18+) by Jesubaby: 10:03pm On Jan 08, 2022
God bless u Silver

Re: Iyawo Mammy-water(18+) by egwolopretty: 1:28am On Jan 09, 2022
Update!!!
Re: Iyawo Mammy-water(18+) by Carterj007(m): 8:17am On Jan 09, 2022
Thanks man
Re: Iyawo Mammy-water(18+) by Adarafunmi1(m): 12:29pm On Jan 10, 2022
I dey enjoy every of this meme

Re: Iyawo Mammy-water(18+) by Silver1996(m): 8:14am On Jan 12, 2022
IYAWO MAMMY-WATER
EPISODE 35

This better be right

On the steady table sat a glass of water Maxwell had fetched from the kitchen sink before he head out to answer a call....., he took a deep breathe taking a moment to brood over what had happened earlier..., the wind, the monstrous creature that had graced them with it's horrific presence...
He shivered before he grabbed the cup of water from the table and head towards the sitting room...

Derek grunted as he tried to get up from the chair, pain sheeted through him making him remenber what had happened, how the monster had dug it's claws into his stomach....

"Careful there.. "Maxwell chimes in as he walk towards him with the glass of water..."You got stitched not quite long..."

Derek made a low groan, straining to stand up to the pain.., he reach for his stomach and roam his finger on the stitches.....

"Here.."Maxwell said handling the glass of water to him..

Derek took it and took few slugs of it before he dropped it.....

"Where is the prophet...?"Derek asked as memories, memories still fresh in his head began to overcloud his reasoning..., he would have probably be a dead man if the prophet hasn't struck the monster on time....

"Outside with the doctor I guess..."Maxwell replied dropping his eyes on the stitches, his head revisiting that moment, that scary moment the monster had showed up....

"The doctor left already...?"

"Yeah.."Maxwell replied.."He left with the prophet after he stitch you up...., we thought you were going to die, it's a miracle you still alive..."

The thoughts of dying scared Derek to the core..., apparently the monster was after him, his safety is in jeopardy and he knew right when the prophet walked back into the house.., he knew he was ready to do anything to save himself before the horrors unravelling before him finally overshadows him....

"How are you feeling....?"Prophet Celas asked with a glance at the compass...

Derek knew he'll be lying if he said he's fine, he's far from been fine.., from been framed, pursuit by the police to be pursuit by a monster, an evil thing from the pit of hell......

"You sure that thing, whatever it is won't come back....."Maxwell asked anxiously....

"I don't know..."Prophet Celas replied..

A shiver swept across Maxwell's face..."What do you mean you don't know..?"

"It may or may not return..."Prophet Celas said...

"And if it returns....?"

Prophet Celas sighed with a cringe a Derek..."Well we know who it will be here for..."

Maxwell gaze followed the direction of Prophet Celas eyes, they were fixated on Derek....

"Am ready.."Derek mutter as Pain seared across his face.., he grimaced as he tried to get up....."If getting the ashes will save me from whatever has befallen me, then am ready...."

Prophet Celas took a step towards him, he lower his gaze to the stitches.., a second passed before he looked back at his face......."I am glad you've taken this decision...."

Derek grunts, still unsure if he had taken the right decision or not..., but he knows something for sure.., that monster whatever it was came for him and it might come back.., if what the prophet says about the ashes is true, then he's willing to do it....

A smile circled around Prophet Celas lips before he took his gaze to Maxwell.....

"What about you..?"He asked Maxwell..
Maxwell looked at Derek as if his reply lies on him..., with no words to Derek, he returned his gaze to prophet Celas...."Am ready..."

Inspector John gaze flickered from Mr Asare to his son Jackson before he returned his gaze to Wilson and Erica who was badly bruised...., though her bruises had been treated but it was still apparent she's still in pains.., a day ago, Wilson had rushed down to the station to report what had happened.., he in turn drove with him to the hospital.., he was angry when he saw Erica badly injured.., who could have possibly inform the deceased brother that the suspect is Erica...., he couldn't wait for the day to passed before he sent a message to Mr Asare, informing him to bring his son along on his way to the station..........

Wilson look daggers at Jackson as Jackson mount his angry eyes on Erica, if eyes kills, there would be three graves already dug up because Wilson wasn't ready to stand and watch if Jackson makes any move against Erica and neither was Jackson or his father prepared to take the quiet bull by it's horn......

"This was totally uncalled for, an unethical thing to do.."Inspector John said, anger quietly licking through him...."And your son could be arrested for it..., he's lucky she's not pressing charges..."

Jackson scoffs darkly......"Did you say lucky..., she killed my sister.."He growled at the last sentence....

"She didn't kill your sister.."Wilson jumped in, anger burning deep inside him and he fear he might let it lose anytime....

"Then what was she doing with the knife..?"Jackson riposte...

"Just shut up.."Inspector John chimes in..."Going to her house to beat her up is an offence and it's very wrong of you.."

"Offence can kiss my ass"Jackson sneer

"Keep up the attitude and let your father watch me throw you behind those bars..."

Mr Asare glare at Erica before he move his gaze to Inspector John...."You think my son was wrong..?"

A frown line pop up in inspector John's face.."Are you applauding your son for hitting her.., look at her, look at the bruises..."

Mr Asare look at Erica again.., he felt no pity for her and God help her she doesn't turn out to be the killer of his daughter......

"I was here yesterday to ask about the killer of my daughter.."Mr Asare said

"I told you we had a suspect..., a suspect not the killer.."

"You never told me she had the knife my daughter's throat was slit with..."Said Mr Asare with a deadly cringe at Erica......

Inspector John look at Erica, she was seated probably searing with pains from the bruises...., he pitied her, if only he could protect her but the case was getting more and more complicated and he fears she might end up going to jail....

"That...."Inspector John stated looking back at Mr Asare and his son..."Still doesn't make her the killer.."

Mr Asare hissed..."The murder weapon was found in her hand..., she was caught red handed, isn't that enough reason to persecute her..., let her face the weight of killing my daughter..."

"I didn't kill her.."Erica manage to speak up..., she brood over the dream, where she saw Jasmine....."She was my friend, my best friend. .."

"Then you'll have to plead your innocence in front of Ugazala diety..."Mr Asare said

"What...!"Wilson exclaimed..

Mr Asare threw him a deadly look...."She said she didn't kill my daughter....., if she says she's innocent, then she'll have to swear in the shrine of ugazala..., if she speaks the truth, nothing will happen to her and this will be all over.."

"I cannot swear.."Erica said sharply

"Then you're the killer.."Jackson cut in brusquely. ....."And we'll stop at nothing until you pay for it. "

"That is enough" Inspector John blare out furiously..., his edge of resentment returning with a full force...."I only invited you here to warn your son to desist from any future threat to her..."

"She killed my sister.."Jackson growled slamming his hands on the table......"You expect us to overlook that fact and play the grieving nice guys. .."

"She didn't kill your sister..."Wilson retorted..., his anger spiked and he step closer to Jackson, earlier on he couldn't do anything to stop Jackson.., all he cared about was getting to Erica who was badly injured...., the thoughts of how badly he bruised Erica made rage pulse through his veins....."I've kept quiet and watch as you run your mouth.., how could you beat up a woman like that, have you no shame.., what is wrong with you, she didn't kill your sister, do you need a soothsayer to tell you that.., you....

Rage quickened Jackson blood, he couldn't wait for Wilson to finish before he slammed his right fist across Wilson's face, shattering his nose as his palm collides with his face...

Wilson fell off balance, as the unexpected blow sent him falling towards Erica.., Jackson rushed towards him, he caught him and slapped him with his open left hand full across the face. It rocked Wilson and he took a step back and then steadied himself but before he could counter the attack, Inspector John interfered pulling Jackson away, Erica quickly stepped in front of Wilson as he tried to make move towards Jackson. ...

"Wilson..."Erica shouted pushing Wilson backwards..., a tear rolled from her eyes
Jackson groaned but Inspector John held him to the table....

"He just lost a sister.."Erica mutter crisply and she bored her eyes on Wilson to calm him....

"Damn right you know that.."Jackson retorted over his shoulder. .."Cos you killed her you bitch..."

"I didn't kill her.."Erica snapped turning away her gaze from Wilson to Matthew with tears bursting forth from her eyes..."She was my best friend. ..."

"Who you killed..."Mr Asare chime in brusquely. ..."If you're as innocent as you claim then swear before the shrine of Ugazala..."

"I'll do no such thing...."Erica riposte sharply. ..

"You won't......

Once again Jackson tried to freed himself from inspector John grip but inspector John pinned him to the table....

"Enough..."Inspector John shouted..."Enough of this hissy fit..."

"Let me go.."Jackson groaned. ...

"Calm down.. "Inspector John riposte..."Or I'll be forced to put handcuffs on you..."

Jackson groaned but didn't say a word.. seconds passed before Inspector John let go of him getting back the calmness there once been in the office...

"Everybody calm down..."Inspector John added flicking his gaze from Erica to Wilson and then to Mr Asare and Jackson. ...

Wilson touched his broken nose and spat out blood as he glare at Jackson...

Inspector John took a deep breathe, after a slight silence, he spoke up again..."We're here to resolved what happened not fight among ourselves"

"Resolved issues. ...!"Jackson reiterates angrily...."I cannot and will not resolved any issue with the killer of my sister.."

"I didn't kill her..."Erica snapped even before she realised it......, her breathe raise and fell shallowly.., she swallowed before she continued. .."You want to know who killed her....?"

Father and son looked at her but none said nothing.....

"An evil force killed her.."Erica said, she knows very well they won't believe but she's so fed up that she had to let it out, whether they believe or not is not an option now..., and she's tired, tired of feeling guilty, each second that passes she blames herself for Jasmine death, if she hadn't crossed paths with Nerissa. .., her friend would still be alive, if only she walked away in the hospital when Nerissa asked her to........

"A mermaid.."She continued, tears dropping beads by beads from her eyes. ...."A mermaid killed her..."

"You aren't just a killer but you're mad as well.."Mr Asare retorted angrily. .."You killed my daughter and make up this lame story..., don't you have a heart..?"

"She's telling the truth..."Wilson cut in before Erica could say anything in defense..

"Oh shut up..."Mr Asare snarled....."You two are in cohoot together. .., you both killed my daughter...."

"Mr Asare..."Inspector John chimes in but his words were shortened when Mr Asare spoke up....

"Am giving you twelve hours..."Mr Asare said taking his angry gaze from Erica to Inspector John. ...."Twelve hours...., and if this murderer is not arrested by then...., then I'll have to resort to the traditional ways...."

"Mr Asare....

Mr Asare shush him.., with one last glare at Erica, he called his son and they walked out of the police station. ....

After the call dropped, pastor Alfred blessed himself and began to eat, he ate few spoonful of the food before his wife Beatrice joined him on the table.....

For a moment, she just sat down watching as her husband enjoy the sumptuous meal...., after a while, she broke the silence...

"We need to talk..."Beatrice said pouring him a glass of the freshly blended fruit juice...

Pastor Alfred took a second to cast her a look before he return his gaze to his meal. ....

"This is serious Alfred. .."

"What is..?"He asked taking a serviette to wipe his mouth

"Don't act like you don't know what's going on.., people are still talking about that video.., our numbers are dropping. .."

Pastor Alfred exhale before he returned his gaze to her...."You said you had it handled. ..."

"I thought I had it handled. ..."Beatrice said...."Who would have known that son of a bitch will disappear.."

"Oh..., he disappeared. .."

"My men are on the lookout for him.., when he's caught, he'll be sorry he didn't take my threats serious. ..."

"I see..."He mutter before grabbing a cup of water....

"Henshaw. ..."Beatrice said..."His wife called..."

Pastor Alfred dropped the water and gulped a dry lump in his throat. .., moment of when he killed Chief Henshaw came like flashes in his head. ..

"She's worried something had happened to her husband. .."Beatrice added..

"I see.., what did you tell her..?"

"What would you have had me tell her.....?"

Pastor Alfred looked at her but said nothing. ...

"I couldn't bring myself to tell her her husband has been murdered. .., killed by his own very pastor..."

Pastor Alfred lips curled as he looked at his wife...., he was almost at the verge of replying her when the house door opened, husband and wife quickly flicked their attention on who had joined them.....

A smile radiates around Beatrice's face as she saw her twin children. ...

"Mum..."Katherine, their daughter shouted upon seeing them...

Her twin brother, kendrid did same and together they went into a family hug...

"We weren't expecting you two till tomorrow. ."Beatrice said amidst the joy of seeing her kids..

"Well...."Katherine dragged between her teeth....."Kendrid and I, we felt a surprise will be pleasant. .."

"It's so good to see you dad..."Kendrid said going into a fatherly hug...

It was 1am midnight when Katherine woke up from her sleep.., she wasn't comfortable, even with the air condition in the room, she couldn't sleep, she felt something was wrong with her as she kept feeling a sharp pain...

She took off the duvet from her body and decided to go take a cold shower. ., she stripped only to find blood stains on her night wear..., shock raced across her face when she lower her gaze and quickly noticed it was her blood.., it dribbled on her leg downwards..., there she felt a sharp pain enacting from her vagina.., her eyes widened in fear when a soft legless larva of a fly slipped from her vagina and fell into her feet...., her mouth slack-jawed, fear held her captive as another slipped from her vagina and fell down.., she couldn't scream, couldn't talk, she just stood and watch horror unfold in front of her....

After a while she snapped out of it.., realising she isn't dreaming, she screamed loudly. ....

Derek and Maxwell walked behind prophet Celas as he led them to an open field in the compound, There in the middle of the grassy expanse was the most pointless gate they've ever seen, six feet tall, iron, with curls on it's curls and a top that reminded them of a mosque. On either side there was no fence at all, it's blackened catch dangled in mid-air as if resting on some unseen barrier. It was some kind of joke....and it swung forwards with a creak as if it were mounted on hinges.....

"This is a portal that will take you to Sahamaradan. .."Prophet Celas said

Derek and Maxwell exchanges glances. ....

"It's not too late to change your mind..."Prophet Celas said noticing the fearful expression on their face....

"Are we supposed to just walk through that door...?"Derek asked

"Yes...."

"Then how are we supposed to get back...?"Maxwell ask

"On the other side, there's a portal like this one...., you only need to clear your mind and think upon your destination. ..."

"What happens when we don't. ..?:Derek queried.

"I sense skepticism. ..., the portal won't take long... it took me almost the whole day to create this.., so make your decision now.."

Derek suck in as he exchanged glances with Maxwell. ..

"Am ready..."He said praying he finally gets a lasting solution to his problem. ..

Prophet Celas look at Maxwell who nodded in reply....

Prophet Celas made some incantations as he led them towards the door opening. ..

Derek took one last glance at the world he's leaving, weather he's making the right decision or not, he knows he has to get the ashes..., not just for him but for his life with Erica. ...., He's been thinking about her lately, she must think he really killed that girl hence his disappearance .....

"You must go now, the portal is about to close...."Prophet Celas said..

Derek mutter a silent prayer,... he look at Derek and stole one last glance at prophet Celas..

"This better be right..."Derek said to him before he hold hands with Maxwell..
Hand in hand, they walked through the door.., seconds passed and the portal closed and everything became as it once been, an empty field with only prophet Celas standing on it........

To be continued........

Re: Iyawo Mammy-water(18+) by Silver1996(m): 8:15am On Jan 12, 2022
showgoeson:
This is just wow, Welcome back silver and a happy new year
Happy New year to you too sir
Re: Iyawo Mammy-water(18+) by Silver1996(m): 8:16am On Jan 12, 2022
Lilly4endu:
I did Ma'am... a happy fruitful year to you
Re: Iyawo Mammy-water(18+) by Silver1996(m): 8:17am On Jan 12, 2022
Jaylynn:
It's not on a book form yet
Re: Iyawo Mammy-water(18+) by Silver1996(m): 8:18am On Jan 12, 2022
cheesy grin
Thebigdream:

(1) (2) (3) ... (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) ... (36) (Reply)

Flow And Snow / A Soldier That Loves Me- A Fat Girl's Story / Friday The 13th-Assassins Creed

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 154