Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,666 members, 7,816,719 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:53 PM

Iyawo Mammy-water(18+) - Literature (29) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Iyawo Mammy-water(18+) (174335 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) ... (36) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Iyawo Mammy-water(18+) by Silver1996(m): 8:18am On Jan 12, 2022
Adarafunmi1:
I dey enjoy every of this meme
Thanks
Re: Iyawo Mammy-water(18+) by Silver1996(m): 8:19am On Jan 12, 2022
Jesubaby:
God bless u Silver
And you too dear

1 Like

Re: Iyawo Mammy-water(18+) by purity23(f): 9:32am On Jan 12, 2022
I still don't trust prophet Celas, it looks as if he's has his own dark agenda.

Erica God will help you through this.

As for Katherine, what did you do or what has your father done to you.
Re: Iyawo Mammy-water(18+) by Mavikolo2020: 12:33pm On Jan 12, 2022
I just dey pity Erica

Thanks for the update sir
Re: Iyawo Mammy-water(18+) by egwolopretty: 1:03pm On Jan 12, 2022
I don't trust this prophet., I pray Derek's desperation and promiscuity protects him.
Re: Iyawo Mammy-water(18+) by Odoogu(m): 10:07pm On Jan 12, 2022
Be like say this pastor done find new "source"
Re: Iyawo Mammy-water(18+) by petersononome: 9:01am On Jan 20, 2022
Mr Silver I hope you're okay.
Re: Iyawo Mammy-water(18+) by Silver1996(m): 10:07pm On Jan 20, 2022
petersononome:
Mr Silver I hope you're okay.
Am fine sir, sorry I haven't gotten the time to update.., currently typing anyway, by God's grace I'll post an update soon..

Am trying to wrap up the story..

10 Likes

Re: Iyawo Mammy-water(18+) by kalajina(m): 4:03pm On Jan 21, 2022
Thank for motivating me to write a story
Re: Iyawo Mammy-water(18+) by kalajina(m): 12:03pm On Jan 22, 2022
Silver thank God keeping it alive.
Please followy story https://www.nairaland.com/6949688/tripartite-confusion-short-story#109561641
Story of confusion and love.
Re: Iyawo Mammy-water(18+) by Silver1996(m): 1:07am On Jan 24, 2022
IYAWO MAMMY-WATER
EPISODE 36

Mermaid hunters

Inspector John suddenly stood up from the bed like his dreams were riddled with erratic problems..., he exhales remembering In the ten hours he's been in bed he must have woken up six times. Not for that long each time, but enough to break his sleep into un-refreshing chunks.

With every disturbance there is a new nightmare......, he got up from bed with a cringe at his wife..., a second later he's heading towards the kitchen with intentions of drinking a cup of water..., he got the glass of water and headed back to the room and this time he's sure to get a good night sleep....

His phone ringtone went off..., he wipe off the remainders of the sleep from his eyes and head towards his ringing phone.., he inhale Softly noticing it's his boss from the office that is calling..., after a slight hesitation, he answered the call..

"Hello sir.."He said wondering why his boss would be calling him so late at night

"Inspector..."The DPO, Mr Isama called from the other end

"Good morning sir..."

"What is going on inspector...?"The DPO voice sound from the other end..

Inspector John sighed knowing fully well there's problem already..., whenever the DPO starts a sentence with such a question, hell is bound to follow, whatever the hell may be.... is something he's inclined to find out...

"Why hasn't she be arrested yet....?"The DOP queried...

Inspector John looked heavenward as the thoughts he could be talking about Erica began to bounce around in his head......

"Who are you talking about sir..?"He asked in accertation...

"Am talking about that girl.."The DPO stated sharply from the other end...."That girl that slit the other girl throat...."

Inspector John sighed wondering what must have happened to make the DPO call so late at night to talk about Erica....

"We don't have any evidence yet sir.."

"Evidence..!"The DPO reiterates...."She was caught with the murder weapon.., what other evidence do you need.."

"There is still no tendency she killed her sir...."Inspector John replied sharply coming to Erica defense in whatever way he can..

"Inspector John..."The DPO called, his voice rumbling low on the phone....."This case has gotten to the CP..., I am been questioned, if this goes out of hand, we'll become a laughing stock in front of the people..."

"But sir..

"No but.."The DPO cut in immediately....."First thing tomorrow, I want you to arrest that girl, you'll pick up the warrant you need from the station...., keep her in our custody until her case is charged to the court.."

"Sir....

"Do I need to repeat myself..?"The DPO cut in...

Inspector John sighed, he hesitated a bit before he replied...."Alright sir.., I'll do that in the morning..."

"Goodnight.."Said the DPO before the call dropped..

The inspector eyelids drooped low before he darted them towards his wife who was now up.., he thought of calling Erica remembering he has gotten her number prior to the investigation but that will be so unprofessional...

"What is it...?"His wife ask crisply...

He nibbed, look at the phone again before he replied..."Nothing.., just a case at work..."

A second passed and he's climbing into bed with his wife....., bearing in mind at the dawn of day, Erica will be officially arrested for murder.....

Derek woke up suddenly as the waves of the water kissed his skin...., fear seized him as he stare blankly into the darkness..., he look around, every thought in high definition and It's as if a hypodermic of adrenaline has been emptied into his carotid... he strain into the utter darkness, breathing rate beginning to steady.....

When he returned his gaze to his side, he found Maxwell just laying beside him..., there he remenbered what had happened, how they've walked into the portal the prophet Celas had created....

Without hesitation, he woke up Maxwell who quickly jump to his feet at the second tap......., heart pounding and an empty mind, he flicked his gaze towards Derek...., right there his thoughts began to catch up...
He stood to his feet as they look around them each wondering if they are in the land the prophet had always spoken about....., when the water kiss their feet again, they quickly jumped back, away from the water..., right there they've noticed they've been laying in the bank of a river....

"Where are we..?"Maxwell asked, his tone more fearful than he anticipated....

Derek swallowed with throbbing heart.., he look around again, he move slowly, lolloping in his ungainly way, gazing as he goes. At the slightest noise he's up on his legs, his eyes staring in more directions than the predating animals can........

"Could this be Sahamaradan...?"Maxwell asked.., dread in his tone..

"I don't know..."....

A movement in the shadows had them frozen, it's no more than a rustle but in the darkness of the night, their heart is on a hair-trigger...More noise came and it made Derek step back and pat his pocket for anything, a phone, a pocket knife which he knows very well he doesn't carry around, but every one was flat..., he look around, when he found a nearby tree with it's shades nearly touching the ground, he signalled Maxwell and they both ran towards the tree direction and crouch low, their lungs rapidly inflating and deflating with the river-scented air. Minutes pass and the fear that someone could be coming their way began to rob them of every warmth... terrific, the fear slowly digging into their bones, Without warning a young rabbit darts from the bushes, just a few steps away from the tree they were hiding behind...

Their heart lurched into their chest as they realised it wasn't a human or any wild animal nearby and just when they were about to poke their head out, they saw headlamps......

Dread mounted on them as they quickly hid behind the tree again using the fallen branches as a cover...., their Eyes darted around maniacally, looking for escape as the torchlight come nearer flashing in every direction.......

Maxwell gaped wirh uncertainty...weather to breathe or scream as he hid making sure no part of his body is visible..., their eyes transfixed with horror, unable to look away no matter how much they wished to as the intruders with the torchlight came into light......

Both men watched, their lip twitching and their heart wrecking with havoc at each pan of the torchlight towards them....

Derek swallows dryly, unable to wet his parched throat.., too overwhelmed to move even.., they just sat behind the trees, it's shades shading them from sight.....

Seconds passed before they began to hear them whistling to one another, then they began to hear footsteps like the intruders were retreating....

"I think they're leaving...."Maxwell mutter as the intruders steps slowly began to fade away..

Derek suck in.., he didn't want to believe but he knew he had to get of there, wherever they are, a deep instincts tells him they aren't safe..

He poked his head from hiding to be certain they'd left..., he felt relieved when he saw no-one. .., totally sure they were out from there, he exhales and came out from hiding and that was when torchlights shone on his face....

Their expression streched into a mask of terror as four men approached them with spears and torchlight illuminating every part of their faces..

Maxwell muscles stiffened and all he could think about in that horrific moment is run..., but he was a minute too late, the men quickly surrounded them threatening them with their long spears....

Both men threw their arms out, fingers splayed wide before they went on their knees as the men threatened to throw the spear at them...

As the men began to converse in strange languages, colour drained from their faces.., Derek's mouth opened and closes without saying anything but he knew he needed to say something, these men were talking to them in different language, language they don't understand and if they keep playing dumb, the men might kill them...

"Do you speak English.....?"Derek blare out, his mouth clamping as the words fell from it....

The intruders replied in their own language, the four of them replying in unison.....

"No no English..."Derek shouted.., his desperation etching its way into every crease...."I don't understand what you're saying, do you speak English...?"

One of the men groaned at him and both Derek and Maxwell leaped back totally recoiled in fear.....

"Eng-rish...."One of the men shouted, stepping closer to Derek....

Breathe catches in Derek's throat and he prays silently he survives this horror that wants to envelope him..., he look at the man as he still pronounces "English" wrongly.....

"Yes yes English.. ."Maxwell chimes in fearfully. ..

"Eng-rish....."The man shouted again...

Derek gulp a dry lump in his throat as he began to think of what to say..., never could he have walked through that portal if he had known his very first encounter will be with non English rough looking men with spears. .....

"We're not your enemies...."Derek dragged between his lips demonstrating with his hands as the words came from his mouth..."We're good people...., we. ....

Before he could finish the terrifying sentence, a gunshot sound and one of the men with the spear dropped dead in front of him....

A chill froze them to the spot as their heart took a flight..., when both men finally woke up from the shock, all four men with spears were down before them.., their pool of blood flowing around them...., a pricking sensation shot up Derek's spine and in that moment he could no longer think straight not until a gun was in front of his head did he realise his brain wasn't playing a prank on him....

"You have ten second to explain. ..."A baritone voice commanded, the sound of his voice sending cold chills down Derek's spines....."If I don't like what I hear..., you'll be on a trip with these un-schooled perverts to hell....."

The nurse reach the navy double-doors with their plastic band fastened midway and their dull chrome handles and pulled her eyes from the highly polished linoleum floor to catch a glimpse of the hallway that stretches beyond, cut into tiny squares by the thin wire in the window panels. Without pause she push with her body weight, but she needn't have, it swings open soundlessly and with ease. A draft of air hits her face, warm and with a tincture of bleach. Ahead of her lie magnolia walls, decorated with old black and white photographs of hospital staff- most likely either deceased or rocking their nineties in some retirement home, she could fit at least two of her with arms outstretched across its width. Instead of straight walls the hallway has a curve, disappearing from sight in a hundred meters or so. Every few seconds she pass a different set of doors with a hand-sanitizer dispenser, to oncology, to geriatrics, to maternity before she finally head towards the visitors lobby to see the family that had brought in their child few minutes ago...

"Nurse....."Beatrice shouted upon sight of her....

The nurse sighed before she stopped walking as she watch the whole family rushed to her side..

"How's my daughter...?"Pastor Alfred asked anxiously

The nurse sighed as she brood over the girls condition..., when she saw the maggots, she knew whatever was happening to the famous pastor's daughter wasn't normal but she couldn't bring herself to tell them whatever is happening to her is Complicated and far from the reach of medical terms...

"She's currently attended to..."

"We know She's been attended to..."Beatrice retorted angrily."What we want to know is how she is now.."

"We're still running tests Ma..."The nurse said..."I believe the doctor will update you of any new developments. .."

Beatrice scoffs in annoyance.."What kind of hospital is this.. "

"Am sorry Ma.."The nurse said and walk away..

"You're sorry..."Beatrice blare out after the nurse but the nurse didn't stop, she just continued walking until she disappeared into a room......

"Did she just say she's sorry...?"Beatrice reiterates returning her angry look to her husband...

"Let's be positive my dear....."Pastor Alfred replied. ..

"Will she be alright dad....?"Kendrid chimes in......"Nothing is gonna happen to her right...?"

"Nothing will happen to your sister...."Pastor Alfred said, even if he had assurances, there was a little skepticism in his voice.....

Kendrid heaved a low sigh and walk back to one of the chairs to sit....

Beatrice look around, when she saw no one but her own family, she returned her gaze to her husband...

"Maggots..."She said trotting closer to her husband. ...."Maggots coming out from her private parts,.. what did you do...?"

Infuriated with the statement, pastor Wilson glared at her..."Not now, our son is here..."

"Pastor Alfred...."She blared out drawing the attention of her son...."You better start praying nothing happens to my daughter..."She added, her voice rumbling low..

Pastor Alfred look around, his reputation has been damaged enough to allow his wife totally tarnishes what is left of him....
"Not here Beatrice. .."He groaned...

"Maggots don't just come out from someone's private parts...., are you...

"Beatrice. ..!"He hollered, anger sparkling in his eyes...

"Dad...."His son Kendrid chimes in as he walks up to them......."Mum..."

Pastor Alfred took a deep breathe to calm his rage before he walk away from his wife...

Dusty bottles lined the shelves in the derelict room , their brilliant greens and blues lost below the grey-white layer. The dust was so thick that it built a layer over them that was more like fur..., Prophet Celas ran his finger along the mantle piece, and Every movement he takes in the room sends a vortex of dust into the previously stagnant air. With the roof door now wide open, comes morning, the dusty particles will reflect the sun-rays taking on the appearance of glitter, or perhaps pixie dust, rather than a dull grey sheen over the flag-stones......., he ignored the shelves and walk towards the coffin he had placed on a table in the middle of the room...., he wipe the dusty top with his palm and without hesitation, he opened the coffin, and there it was, the skeleton remains of a mermaid laying lifelessly in the coffin.......

Prophet Celas look upwards and brood over the moment he had sent Derek and Maxwell off in that portal.....

"It has began my love. ..."Prophet Celas said as he ran his hands on the bones of what remains of the mermaid....."Yet again I've sent another team to get the ashes we've been longing to get for years and I know they'll succeed, I promise you I won't fail this time, this time my love, I'll get my hand on that jar and with the ashes, I'll bring you back to me...., we'll be together again...., I promise you this Calypso ...."

Nerissa took a pause as she saw a coin, old and covered in dirt, the head of a king was engraved on it... Nerissa held it in her left hand, watching the mud dirty her skin. So close to her face that she noticed the coin had the aroma of stale blood. She turned to her right hand and there she saw her, the sea greatest enemy, Calypso.......

She didn't believe it, didn't want to, in that terrifying moment, she woke up from the sleep with one name in her mouth.....CALYPSO...

"Goddess......"The priestess called out running to her side...

"The ashes..."Nerissa said with pants breathe as she recalls who she just saw realising quickly is a vision...."Is it safe..?"

"Yes.., the ashes is secured...."

"I need to go underwater, I must meet with my sisters..."Nerissa said standing to her feet .......

She was a foot down from the tub when a bullet hit her...., she screamed as the bullet cut through her skin and blue blood splashed out.......

The priestess scream but before she could sight their shooter, a bullet came for her, shattering her skull and making her fall down flat on her face......

"The mermaid now...."A baritone voice ordered and more men with guns jump down from their hiding place....

Nerissa growled realising quickly that the bullet has been laced with salt......

As men with guns head towards her, she quickly realise they were there for her just as they've been hunting them for the last ten years.....

"Mermaid hunters. .."She mutter calculating the distance between her and the river.....

"Get the mermaid..."The baritone voice ordered again..

Nerissa wanted to Vanish like she's always done..but her strength failed her.., left with no option. .., she swings into a predating mood.........

IYAWO MAMMY-WATER...Few episodes to the finale...

Sorry for the late update..

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Iyawo Mammy-water(18+) by Silver1996(m): 1:08am On Jan 24, 2022
kalajina:
Silver thank God keeping it alive.
Please followy story https://www.nairaland.com/6949688/tripartite-confusion-short-story#109561641
Story of confusion and love.
I'll check it out
Re: Iyawo Mammy-water(18+) by Ann2012(f): 6:55am On Jan 24, 2022
Thanks for the update Boss
Re: Iyawo Mammy-water(18+) by Jesubaby: 10:44am On Jan 24, 2022
Thank you Silver
Re: Iyawo Mammy-water(18+) by pacifust058(m): 11:11am On Jan 24, 2022
Thanks for the update boss
Re: Iyawo Mammy-water(18+) by opico24: 5:11pm On Jan 24, 2022
Well-done bro
Re: Iyawo Mammy-water(18+) by YoungBruzzy(m): 12:12am On Jan 25, 2022
Long time no updates
Thanks for the update OP
Re: Iyawo Mammy-water(18+) by GeneralB: 6:56am On Jan 25, 2022
Good and insightful piece
Re: Iyawo Mammy-water(18+) by Thebigdream: 8:23am On Jan 25, 2022
I knew this prophet was up to something, so he's trapped by a mermaid too.

Thanks for the update op, pls save Nerissa o, I love that girl
Re: Iyawo Mammy-water(18+) by YoungBruzzy(m): 10:09am On Jan 25, 2022
I knew it that this prophet is up to no good. So his wife is also a mermaid who was trapped Chai Derek and Maxwell don suffer grin grin Please save Nerissa ooo biko

More grease to your elbow my sweetest OP wink

1 Like

Re: Iyawo Mammy-water(18+) by Lakesc: 10:11am On Jan 25, 2022
Thanks for the update... Derek to the rescue
Re: Iyawo Mammy-water(18+) by petersononome: 9:01pm On Jan 25, 2022
Can't wait.
Re: Iyawo Mammy-water(18+) by maxlev1: 11:51pm On Jan 25, 2022
So people are now begging for a mermaid to be saved. Wow, so interesting.
Re: Iyawo Mammy-water(18+) by purity23(f): 9:44am On Jan 26, 2022
Surprising how times change, Nerissa was once the predator, now she's the prey, but funny enough I don't even want her dead, she's a character I've grown to love.

Thanks for the update boss

4 Likes

Re: Iyawo Mammy-water(18+) by egwolopretty: 11:19am On Jan 26, 2022
I've always knew this prophet is a great liar, so he's sleeping with a mermaid too.
Re: Iyawo Mammy-water(18+) by kelvyncruz: 11:46pm On Jan 26, 2022
Chai na Derek head dem just use like this so.

Nerissa oo
Re: Iyawo Mammy-water(18+) by Mavikolo2020: 9:27pm On Jan 30, 2022
Mr Silver, you're doing a great job but please update., I take God beg u.
Re: Iyawo Mammy-water(18+) by blazebaba(m): 9:39am On Feb 02, 2022
Re: Iyawo Mammy-water(18+) by Gadafii: 6:31pm On Feb 02, 2022
This story is too captivating, read thru 29 pages in three days.

This doesn't even seem like the end of this story is near.

This Calypso,the mermaid hunters, were introduced to lengthen the story, which any of us here will appreciate

More updates abeg

1 Like

Re: Iyawo Mammy-water(18+) by Tabrazdurt: 11:56am On Feb 03, 2022
Una still they follow this story mtcheeeeeew the story too slow for updating.. me I don quite since pg 27.. stories plenty for eh

1 Like

Re: Iyawo Mammy-water(18+) by guyXander(m): 12:27pm On Feb 03, 2022
Silver1996:
SYNOPSIS

Derek plays the game so well to be considered your average playboy, and guess what, he was winning too... but things change when he met Nerissa, little did he realise that the same shovel that dug him from the dirt could as well bury him.

Be careful who you sleep with, not everyone on clothes is human.......

The consequences was only the beginning.........

Ann2012
Izaray
Christipsy
Jesubaby
Purity23
Sly12345
Mavikolo2020
Showgoeson
Thebigdream

Send me a message on WhatsApp to join starlybooks writers community: 090/298/40/305
Re: Iyawo Mammy-water(18+) by Silver1996(m): 1:11pm On Feb 03, 2022
Tabrazdurt:
Una still they follow this story mtcheeeeeew the story too slow for updating.. me I don quite since pg 27.. stories plenty for eh
But bros why na.

(1) (2) (3) ... (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) ... (36) (Reply)

Flow And Snow / A Soldier That Loves Me- A Fat Girl's Story / Friday The 13th-Assassins Creed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.