Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,891 members, 7,814,013 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 01:03 AM

After Introduction, I’m Seeing Too Many Red Flags - Romance (21) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / After Introduction, I’m Seeing Too Many Red Flags (70268 Views)

There Are Too Many Red Pillers Offline / What Are The Red Flags You Can't Overlook In A Relationship? / Should I Stay Or Leave?- Recognising Red Flags In Relationships (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) ... (29) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: After Introduction, I’m Seeing Too Many Red Flags by delpee(f): 8:57am On Jun 24, 2021
I'm just wondering if you're truly ready for marriage.
You have everything you want and can pray about what you think is amiss but still pussy footing...

My dear sister, I know people who made mistakes like this many years ago and are still living in regret. You've had enough advice as I can see. It's up to you to decide.
Re: After Introduction, I’m Seeing Too Many Red Flags by Sophy22(f): 8:57am On Jun 24, 2021
manuel4real:
you're the problem here
Exactly
Re: After Introduction, I’m Seeing Too Many Red Flags by aanuoluwami14(f): 8:58am On Jun 24, 2021
Xano:

My advice:
Marry someone you are spiritually at peace with. Marriage is not about manage.

Yes, maybe she is a deeper life sister, she should go for her choice
Re: After Introduction, I’m Seeing Too Many Red Flags by ShootThemAll(m): 8:58am On Jun 24, 2021
mugnmuffin:
Dear Nairalanders,
I have an issue that has been on my mind for weeks now. My fiancé and I have been dating for over three years. I love him and he loves me too. We are physically attracted to each other. We’re both catholic but since I graduated, during my service year I gave my life to Christ, got saved and left the Catholic Church. So I’ve been a Pentecostal Christian since then. He on the other hand is still catholic. I subtly try to nudge him to consider getting saved, i.e acknowledging Christ as lord and savior and becoming born again but he is content with his laidback Christian life.

Earlier this year, he asked to meet my parents and I let him. My parents like him especially because my younger sis is married and they have been waiting for me too. They’re glad I’ve someone. However, after the introduction,I regret it. I’m now certain that he’s not the one. I think about my spiritual life and how lukewarm he is about the things of God, I think about kids and how we’ll raise the, with such differing views about God and I’m discouraged. I feel like I’m settling because he checks all the boxes on the checklist of physical attributes. Another mistake I made is, I didn’t pray about this decision and that worries me because anything that involves him,I just act with pausing to ask God, but I always ask God about other aspects of my life. So it’s like my associating with him is a minus for my spiritual life and that’s a huge cause for concern.

At this point, I want to tell my parents I am not convinced it’s him but I’m afraid of the disappointment this will cause. *sigh* I’ll appreciate your thoughts, comments, criticisms...

So if you are a Catholic you are a sinner or not close to God? And everyone in Roman Catholic Church are sinners from your analysis.

Stop tagging catholic church to that, just say your boyfriend is not a strong Christian which we also have in Pentecostal churches.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: After Introduction, I’m Seeing Too Many Red Flags by delpee(f): 8:59am On Jun 24, 2021
naturefellow:

Catholicism isn't Christianity

Talking as PA to God Almighty abi? You have forgotten that we're in no position to judge according to God in the Holy Bible.

I'm not a member of the Catholic Church by the way.
Re: After Introduction, I’m Seeing Too Many Red Flags by authority2006(m): 9:00am On Jun 24, 2021
Eduboy1990:
Get what she is saying born again child of God is different from normal Christian or church goers so try to understand

What made her born again, child of God? And what made others "normal Christians or church goers"? See confusion!
Re: After Introduction, I’m Seeing Too Many Red Flags by Daroldigits: 9:02am On Jun 24, 2021
I will support this idea for you my sister....a broken relations is better than broken marriage. Never settle down with a man or woman who has no relationship with God genuinely and sincerely because there will be no security. So pray to God and am 1000% sure, he will reveal to you your husband...I mean your bone
aanuoluwami14:
Broken relationship is better than broken marriage. Talk to him better. I don't see any joy in not happy in a relationship.

2 Likes

Re: After Introduction, I’m Seeing Too Many Red Flags by 66spirit(m): 9:03am On Jun 24, 2021
Usually i dont like commenting everytime but hey this your frenzy strike a cord in me and in my mum's word i will say ' leave someone son alone. Allow him get a real wife and stay far away from him'. You see how far religious dogma can destroy a home just about to start? You will never make a good wife if you do not stop being a hypocrite.. Has he not bleep you madam angel? Stop wasting his time. Just run away. One day your type of husband will appear in the sky and come for you.. Who do u dis kin tin hanty? This heaven una de seek go get factions o.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: After Introduction, I’m Seeing Too Many Red Flags by joliecouer: 9:05am On Jun 24, 2021
multiple4u:
You are not being honest here. Deep inside you, you know there is more to this.

Let's do some analysis here:
1. You have been with him for 3 years, yet that's not enough for you to know if he's the one or not.

2. All of a sudden, you gave your life to Jesus. You didn't take him with you when you were giving your life to Jesus. You said you made a mistake by not praying about it at first. Are you referring to the time you have not given your life to Jesus or are you referring to now that you have given your life to Jesus? The time frame is not adding up because if you said you should have prayed about it at the beginning, was it the time you are still non-Christian because that means you shouldn't have prayed anyways or you don't know what prayer is at that time.

3. You are saying that catholics are not real Christians because you are now a non member. That's so childish.

4. Is your bf a chief priest? What made you think he is not the one just because he's a catholic. You think you are better than the guy. Such a shallow mind.

You are just looking for an excuse to try the new guy That's all over your Dm. This new guy is making you LOL. You lover his fancy, you just like that he's vibrant. His is bringing something new into your life. You think your bf is just not meeting up. We all love new stuff, but every thing gets old my dear.

Women sha. Good luck the new guy. Hopefully you won't change your mind on him too.

Women are funny. Only God understand them
Re: After Introduction, I’m Seeing Too Many Red Flags by Bahamas95(m): 9:05am On Jun 24, 2021
Religion has done more harm than good.

OP is not ready for marriage yet, it's like your papa house never tire you.......Awon Pentecostal Christian.

Re: After Introduction, I’m Seeing Too Many Red Flags by Tinax(f): 9:06am On Jun 24, 2021
Na the guy I just de pity....all these religious women are difficult to deal with .., abeg free the poor guy

1 Like

Re: After Introduction, I’m Seeing Too Many Red Flags by Sanctecosma(m): 9:06am On Jun 24, 2021
For you mind now, because you don gum body with pentecostalism, u don enter promised land. My friend, marriage nor be by force o. You better cancel the intro then enter your 'promised land pentecostal church and find one angel soul sent from above, get married to him and leave the catholic 'demon' alone. But no talk say we no warn you.
EBOT ORON!
Re: After Introduction, I’m Seeing Too Many Red Flags by DJBIGGY(m): 9:06am On Jun 24, 2021
mugnmuffin:
Dear Nairalanders,
I have an issue that has been on my mind for weeks now. My fiancé and I have been dating for over three years. I love him and he loves me too. We are physically attracted to each other. We’re both catholic but since I graduated, during my service year I gave my life to Christ, got saved and left the Catholic Church. So I’ve been a Pentecostal Christian since then. He on the other hand is still catholic. I subtly try to nudge him to consider getting saved, i.e acknowledging Christ as lord and savior and becoming born again but he is content with his laidback Christian life.

Earlier this year, he asked to meet my parents and I let him. My parents like him especially because my younger sis is married and they have been waiting for me too. They’re glad I’ve someone. However, after the introduction,I regret it. I’m now certain that he’s not the one. I think about my spiritual life and how lukewarm he is about the things of God, I think about kids and how we’ll raise the, with such differing views about God and I’m discouraged. I feel like I’m settling because he checks all the boxes on the checklist of physical attributes. Another mistake I made is, I didn’t pray about this decision and that worries me because anything that involves him,I just act with pausing to ask God, but I always ask God about other aspects of my life. So it’s like my associating with him is a minus for my spiritual life and that’s a huge cause for concern.

At this point, I want to tell my parents I am not convinced it’s him but I’m afraid of the disappointment this will cause. *sigh* I’ll appreciate your thoughts, comments, criticisms...

Liar. You have seen someone else and looking for cheap excuse to bail out
Re: After Introduction, I’m Seeing Too Many Red Flags by ifyjobs: 9:08am On Jun 24, 2021
I don't understand you, since when did one being a catholic mean one is not saved? I am a catholic, born again Christian and member of the catholic charismatic renewal of nigeria so what is your point exactly.
You claim in your words " you got saved" yet you didn't know that you were supposed to pray to God for direction while choosing a life partner. you are clearly deceiving yourself by pausing (according to you) in matters that concern him. you are the problem not him, go and work on yourself and your "supposed born aganism".

mugnmuffin:
Dear Nairalanders,

2 Likes

Re: After Introduction, I’m Seeing Too Many Red Flags by samopex: 9:10am On Jun 24, 2021
Xilsbridalhouse:

I would have made same comments like others if I haven’t been studying my Bible and working on knowing God more.

I share same view with you, though I’ll never condemn anyone based on his or her beliefs or religion. If you are not at peace with this decision, pray to God and ask Him for a sign. He will definitely show you many signs.

Also what ever leaves you confused and doesn’t gives you peace, it’s enough to be concerned about and God is not an Author of Confusion.

Well said. The word of God remains the basis for the conduct of everyone who truly profess to be a child of God. Most of the things we were taught are not actually in line with the word of God.

3 Likes

Re: After Introduction, I’m Seeing Too Many Red Flags by dahoney1(m): 9:12am On Jun 24, 2021
Who brainwashed you? I'm 100% sure that there is a Pentecostal guy that brainwashed you. I'm just speechless.

1 Like

Re: After Introduction, I’m Seeing Too Many Red Flags by o2naira(m): 9:12am On Jun 24, 2021
You are not ready for marriage yet you go tey for house that your parent will have no choice than to throw away your Ghana must go bags out of the house,you attend Pentecostal church and you are still selecting a kind of spiritual husband that marches your spiritual self dont worry by your pastor to hears your you see how he milk you financially in the name of getting you a spiritual husband,woman of jerusalem you are looking for a man that you want to control.

2 Likes

Re: After Introduction, I’m Seeing Too Many Red Flags by o2naira(m): 9:14am On Jun 24, 2021
You are not ready for marriage yet you go tey for house that your parent will have no choice than to throw away your Ghana must go bags out of the house,you attend Pentecostal church and you are still selecting a kind of spiritual husband that marches your spiritual self dont worry by the time your pastor hears your matter you see how he milk you financially in the name of getting you a spiritual husband,woman of jerusalem you are looking for a man that you want to control.

2 Likes

Re: After Introduction, I’m Seeing Too Many Red Flags by Raachy: 9:15am On Jun 24, 2021
Abeg go nd marry a Pentecostal man/pastor. ........leave that man to find a wife, it's obvious u will give him enough headache in marriage.

1 Like

Re: After Introduction, I’m Seeing Too Many Red Flags by K9blunt(f): 9:15am On Jun 24, 2021
Bola146:
I don't really get your points. Which God? Is he worshipping something else?! Seriously I don't get it. Maybe you should ask yourself what is causing the confusion sad

She was worshipping the devil in Catholic Church before she found christ in a pentecostal church....
Very funny lady

1 Like

Re: After Introduction, I’m Seeing Too Many Red Flags by drdanny(m): 9:16am On Jun 24, 2021
mugnmuffin:
Dear Nairalanders,

You're simply a CHURCHIST. Not a Christian.
If you truly love him, your life will be enough ministration for him. Not loving a man because of your religious inclination and belief is fundamentalism.
Re: After Introduction, I’m Seeing Too Many Red Flags by Qualer: 9:17am On Jun 24, 2021
rosalieene:
lol lol
So in your words Catholics are not born again. cheesy cheesy
Pls leave that young man let him look for a proper wife.
Go and marry one of your Pentecostal brethren, it's not so hard.

you fine come get plenty sense!!
I have a garden and a bottle of wine for you!! cool
Re: After Introduction, I’m Seeing Too Many Red Flags by hybridblood07(m): 9:17am On Jun 24, 2021
May Wisdom never depart from you bro.
Biglittlelois:
Your church denomination will never take you to heaven, on judgement day, God will not ask for the name of your church, He is after your heart, mind, spirit, and soul,

If your man isn't spiritually inclined as you'd like, guide him through the right path with love and prayer, most couples are never on the same page spiritually, they grow along the line,

Don't loose a good man because of what you are been fed in your church, there are good and bad people in every denomination.
Re: After Introduction, I’m Seeing Too Many Red Flags by johnlegend01: 9:18am On Jun 24, 2021
Your post update here contradicts the earlier post.
He ticks all the boxes according to you and now he cheats?
I put it to you that you are not straightforward and desperately lying.

I'm inclined to think in the line of these, one might be correct:
1. You really don't need anybody's advise here, you just want to validate your naive and myopic reasoning.
2. You have a fake story put up there
3. You have seen a Pastor you think you want to marry

If your story is true, go and think like an adult on your own and pray, then decide. "Watch and Pray".......according to our Bible.

Peace be on to your spirit.

mugnmuffin:

First, I want to apologize for the statement insinuating that Catholic Christians are less Christian compared to Pentecostals. That was not meant to be a generalization. The reason why faith is my principal concern is because, as a Christian, there are certain ethics and codes of conduct a person adopts and practices that guide their actions and decisions. It is the crux of the matter for me.

Many of the comments are asking for elaboration especially with regards to other aspects besides spirituality. Some of the red flags in terms of his attitude and behavior that give me cause for concern are how he relates with ladies; I found that he cheated on me a couple of times. Some of my friends who are married assure me that it is nothing to worry about because “men will always be men”. However, I feel like overlooking that means ‘settling’. Also, he tends to act like we’re competing for career success. I’m a banker and he works with a company and is well paid. From comments he makes when I make attempts to pursue growth, like take courses or attend conferences to network, his response shows that he thinks it’s a waste of time and resources. I don’t always expect him to give me financial support, even if encouragement. But he feels I should be content with my current status. It scares me that he may staunch my progress after marriage.
I’m no saint myself, but I know marriage is a lifetime affair and just because I didn’t look before I leaped into the relationship doesn’t mean I shouldn’t at this point try to make amends.
Re: After Introduction, I’m Seeing Too Many Red Flags by Qualer: 9:18am On Jun 24, 2021
K9blunt:

She was worshipping the devil in Catholic Church before she found christ in a pentecostal church....
Very funny lady

Don't mind the girl o, she is not yet serious with life!

so you still dey here? How are you doing though!? grin
Re: After Introduction, I’m Seeing Too Many Red Flags by ibechris(m): 9:19am On Jun 24, 2021
Brain washed with bleach.

U were saved how?

The same catholic church that brought christianity to Africa is what u just denigrated. It is very clear that,multiplication of pentecostal churches have since brought corruption and animosity in christendom. They are so misinformed that anything less than theirs ,is short of God's blessing.

Without catholic,apostolic and Anglican churches,they wouldn't be pentecostal churches today.
Re: After Introduction, I’m Seeing Too Many Red Flags by nlreserve: 9:21am On Jun 24, 2021
If Na me be that guy and I notice what she is nurturing, I will be the one to quickly quit the relationship.

This kind woman is the type the pastor will use more than the husband will use her.

Brainwashed souls of daddy G,O and mummy G.O
Re: After Introduction, I’m Seeing Too Many Red Flags by Kendollar696(m): 9:21am On Jun 24, 2021
Madam, it is not how it start. It is how it ends. Have God told you, he is not the one?? All these things you're saying, are not red flags. It is your state of mind towards religion. If you love your husband to be, then you've an obligation to pray for him, until God changes his heart. Or else, allow him to marry who love him better to safe him. The Christhood you were call into is not bring division into his body. Let the love you've for him, consume you to pray for him. What's this one about kids... Madam pray to God and stop seeing things that ain't suppose to be.
Re: After Introduction, I’m Seeing Too Many Red Flags by CorperKola: 9:22am On Jun 24, 2021
Teeboy15:
You're not yet ready to get married. Seriousness is faaaaar from you.
Like someone said, that young man's heart is purer that all your motivational pentecostal preaches put together.

Infact, purer than yours inclusive.

I just pity him for trying to make a mistake by marrying your type.

Pretender
The young man should be wary of her even because i see prblems down he line. This 1 wkuld have more respect and submission to her pastor than her huband.pastors can take advantage
Re: After Introduction, I’m Seeing Too Many Red Flags by cleanclean(m): 9:23am On Jun 24, 2021
She is a born-again Christian, dating for 3 years, and sure they have been having sex during this period. SMH

Use Matthew 7 vs 5 to judge yourself because you are confused and may not even qualify as a Christian before God.
Re: After Introduction, I’m Seeing Too Many Red Flags by superCleanworks(m): 9:25am On Jun 24, 2021
mugnmuffin:

He on the other hand is still catholic. I subtly try to nudge him to consider getting saved, i.e acknowledging Christ as lord and savior and becoming born again but he is content with his laidback Christian life.

You are a confused and hypocritical time waster. Please run away from that guy quick with your rubbish.

You know he is not the one for you but you allowed it go this far. Tomorrow you will start to wonder who cursed you and which nemesis you are eating.

Time wasting demon like you.

Better stop going to Church. You don't know God and you have no love in that your stone heart.
Re: After Introduction, I’m Seeing Too Many Red Flags by ifyjobs: 9:25am On Jun 24, 2021
Please say what you know. who told you that there things you never get to learn in catholic...I am a catholic and have learned so much in recent times..try and join societies in the church to get deeper understandings of many things.

Thank you.

alexvic12:
She didn't disdain the Catholic Church. When you become born again, you'll discover that there are certain things that you may never get to learn about in the Catholic church; things that are essential to a deeper spiritual life. It's the truth.
There is no honest catholic who listens to Apostle Selman, Orokpo, etc. and will not hunger for more.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) ... (29) (Reply)

Young Man Marries Older Oyinbo Woman In Ekiti State (Photos) / How Often Should Girls Change Their Panties? / My New Boyfriend Is Already Hinting For Sex

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.