Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,729 members, 7,809,781 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:48 PM

Married Men In The House Please Advice Me - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Married Men In The House Please Advice Me (71488 Views)

Married Women Caught With Other Men In Their Husbands' Houses (Video) / Nigerian Lady Advises Married Men To Have Regular Sex With Wives To Stop Nagging / Why Married Men Prefer Us To Their Wives - Commercial Sex Workers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Married Men In The House Please Advice Me by Nobody: 10:03pm On Jul 21, 2021
Once you asked that question, then you shouldn't marry her cool cool cool cool cool cool cool

2 Likes

Re: Married Men In The House Please Advice Me by fergie001: 10:04pm On Jul 21, 2021
Golden147...It will end in PREMIUM TEARS.

2 Likes

Re: Married Men In The House Please Advice Me by obi3ce: 10:05pm On Jul 21, 2021
Na the girl Toto still dey confuse you.

Mr Man,

You are not ready for anything marriage now.

Go make money first.

Wait,

Are your parents wealthy?.

1 Like

Re: Married Men In The House Please Advice Me by Cousin9999: 10:05pm On Jul 21, 2021
Op is a gross troll. Geez. Please find a real job, bro.
Re: Married Men In The House Please Advice Me by Nobody: 10:06pm On Jul 21, 2021
Golden147:
Good afternoon everyone..
Please I'm kindly in need of advice... ignore my typing ERROR..
There's this girl I love and I want to settle down with her. She's still in school while I'm still in school too. She's 22 while I'm 24 nd also in final YR and we both love each other..my mum has supported me to marry her.
I proposed to her and she said yes...I plan going her house next month next to start official martial rites but I'm afraid.
Here is my reasons

She's the only girl and the last daughter in a family of 5boys. Ever since we started dating, she's in 100l then, all her school burdens are on me..I take care of her and mine own...with this people around who knows about our RELATIONSHIP ask me to marry her to avoid story that touches the heart..which he has accepted , her mum nd dad have accepted it too.
My major concern about this girl is that those his brothers are not willing to do anything, istead the came asking me for small small money when I'm back, knowing fully I'm just dating thier sis....most times the my girl always feel ashamed of her brothers nd keep cursing them. The can't even call her on phone unless she calls them...nd the will keep asking why she didn't call them all this while knowing fully thier sister is in school nd not working.

I have thought about this over and over again, how do I marry from a family that can't even assist in anything...I know marriage is not always Rosy, what if something happens tomorrow nd I needed thier financial support..the can't render to me.
I discussed with my mum nd she told me I'm marrying thier sister who is well trained nd not the brother..that I can decide not to give them money again... But I'm very sad over this.
It's only the father and mum that acknowledge I hay been trying to see their sister through school expenses, including food and wears.
I discussed with my woman, she started crying, saying she knows her brothers are such a disgrace, telling me how she may commite sucide if I didn't marry her... She cried that she can't visits her house again... that her only hope will be to start prostitution which she can't see herself do that nd that's why she is going to commite sucide if I eventually leave her, all her social media handle is full with my picture, including her profile pictures.

Please what advice do you have for me.... should I let go of this girl, I don't mind letting go all I have already spent...I just want to make sure I won't regret the marriage tomorrow...I have already discussed with my mom nd we plan on going her house officially by August ending..but I'm still very worried.

Matured advice please

You don't have a problem with her. You only need to adjust your relationship with her brothers. Learn to say no and stick to it. That lady has sense , she understands her family and doesn't support them in their wrong doing . She's your wife , treat her as such
Re: Married Men In The House Please Advice Me by Nobody: 10:07pm On Jul 21, 2021
u just dey finish school u wan marry.. this guy doesn't know whatup o
Re: Married Men In The House Please Advice Me by lereinter(m): 10:07pm On Jul 21, 2021
Funny

You are really not mature

1 Like

Re: Married Men In The House Please Advice Me by Funkybabee(f): 10:08pm On Jul 21, 2021
Men like you who always run away from a woman because of her family nature always end up with ogbanje

I have one experienced that I can not forget, a friend if my boss showed a girl that came to greet him during the course of him looking for a wife. When that lady went to her state back, she said it plain plain to my eyes that she cannot marry her because that girl is an orphan and at the same time a first born, she has a lots of loads on her that he cannot bear the cross.

omo that brother married another lady who's the last born but let me tell you na every day na war, when me and my mum saw him last, my mum said Funke what's happening to your brother I said me I don't know because I don't speak to him since these days.

He jump from frying pan to fire

3 Likes

Re: Married Men In The House Please Advice Me by donbaba77: 10:08pm On Jul 21, 2021
Op,if you really love this girl,go ahead and do the needful.
Re: Married Men In The House Please Advice Me by Cowbell521: 10:08pm On Jul 21, 2021
Golden147:
There's this girl I love and I want to settle down with her. She's still in school while I'm still in school too. She's 22 while I'm 24 nd also in final YR and we both love each other..my mum has supported me to marry her.
I proposed to her and she said yes...I plan going her house next month next to start official martial rites but I'm afraid.
Here is my reasons

She's the only girl and the last daughter in a family of 5boys. Ever since we started dating, she's in 100l then, all her school burdens are on me..I take care of her and mine own...with this people around who knows about our RELATIONSHIP ask me to marry her to avoid story that touches the heart..which he has accepted , her mum nd dad have accepted it too.
My major concern about this girl is that those his brothers are not willing to do anything, istead the came asking me for small small money when I'm back, knowing fully I'm just dating thier sis....most times the my girl always feel ashamed of her brothers nd keep cursing them. The can't even call her on phone unless she calls them...nd the will keep asking why she didn't call them all this while knowing fully thier sister is in school nd not working.

I have thought about this over and over again, how do I marry from a family that can't even assist in anything...I know marriage is not always Rosy, what if something happens tomorrow nd I needed thier financial support..the can't render to me.
I discussed with my mum nd she told me I'm marrying thier sister who is well trained nd not the brother..that I can decide not to give them money again... But I'm very sad over this.
It's only the father and mum that acknowledge I hay been trying to see their sister through school expenses, including food and wears.
I discussed with my woman, she started crying, saying she knows her brothers are such a disgrace, telling me how she may commite sucide if I didn't marry her... She cried that she can't visits her house again... that her only hope will be to start prostitution which she can't see herself do that nd that's why she is going to commite sucide if I eventually leave her, all her social media handle is full with my picture, including her profile pictures.

Please what advice do you have for me.... should I let go of this girl, I don't mind letting go all I have already spent...I just want to make sure I won't regret the marriage tomorrow...I have already discussed with my mom nd we plan on going her house officially by August ending..but I'm still very worried.

Matured advice please
U don dey talk marriage matter at 22 and 24? And money no dey involved. U try Oooo
Re: Married Men In The House Please Advice Me by arthorjnr(m): 10:10pm On Jul 21, 2021
Liballo:
You are not Emotionality, Psychologically and Financially ready for marriage.
Do you think marriage is a child's play ?
And, to the issue of her siblings always demanding is a Red flag....... You can always choose to ignore it. But don't come here to disturb us about how your Wife's siblings are trying to run you dry. Like a thread a man made sometimes ago complaining about how his Wife's relatives eat like gluttons.

Who told you that he is not emotionaly, psychologically and financially able?....Because he is 24?... On what grounds was your conviction from? Gtfoh!

1 Like

Re: Married Men In The House Please Advice Me by Fgo31: 10:10pm On Jul 21, 2021
Marry her. Not out of pity but because I perceived d girl to be a good girl from ur narration. On d issue of her siblings, that one can be managed with the support of ur woman.. Dont worry, God will perfect your union...
Re: Married Men In The House Please Advice Me by ednut1(m): 10:10pm On Jul 21, 2021
Final year wan marry How

2 Likes

Re: Married Men In The House Please Advice Me by Cowbell521: 10:11pm On Jul 21, 2021
Liballo:
And, to the issue of her siblings always demanding is a Red flag....... You can always choose to ignore it. But don't come here to disturb us about how your Wife's siblings are trying to run you dry. Like a thread a man made sometimes ago complaining about how his Wife's relatives eat like gluttons.
Age self
Re: Married Men In The House Please Advice Me by pansophist(m): 10:11pm On Jul 21, 2021
Apart from her manchild brothers, it seems like you're with a good woman. I'll advice you keep her, you can only ignore her brothers, and its even easier that everyone already detest her brother's laziness. But on thing that is a red flag in all you wrote is about going into prostitution if you leave her.

Does it mean at her age of 22, she is incapable of generating income without prostitution? This is not a good sign. She said that to make you scared of leaving her, but exposed a part of her that is not good. So maybe in the future when you guys have a child after marriage and you can't fetch income due to temporary illness, she enter prostitution? Like really ?

Open a small buisness for her and test how industrious she is. Just see if she is not the lazy type. Watch closely, and let the result determine if you'll go into marriage with her. Economy is not smiling, and you must be sure she is capable of generating income if needed. Singlehood might be boring to you now, but if you rush into marriage and become broke and your wife can't help, you'll know what hell feels like. As for the brothers, always reserved the middle finger when they show up, or break a bottle on their head if needed. Just kidding, but you get the point.

3 Likes

Re: Married Men In The House Please Advice Me by Mosco100(m): 10:11pm On Jul 21, 2021
Give your life to Jesus. Then pray for God to guide you in HIS will: anything other than that is sin.
Re: Married Men In The House Please Advice Me by Cowbell521: 10:14pm On Jul 21, 2021
Golden147:

Smile, yes bro...

Maybe because I didn't add I have got a house (4 bedroom flat) land properties too... what I don't have now as a man is car bro... anyways I won't dig deep about myself... I know myself just want to be sure of my marriage...
In my community a young guy at 22 that knows what his doing can get marry and settle perfectly fine...
What delayed me till now is my education.. I hope you understand now?
I still no understand. Grow up first before you born junior grin
Re: Married Men In The House Please Advice Me by Abyounghammed(m): 10:15pm On Jul 21, 2021
Something tells me this OP guy na igbo man or boy, just using una catch breeze not even cruise, all the right up and argument of his, na small pikin attitude, just here to make noise, well I blame seun, just 24, final year student the english gan na woos wobi, handing over 250k and spending on a girl u haven't marry yet, guy thunder dey fire liar at this time of the year
Re: Married Men In The House Please Advice Me by Spiritual217(m): 10:15pm On Jul 21, 2021
BST
Re: Married Men In The House Please Advice Me by hstar: 10:15pm On Jul 21, 2021
Yusufisraelj:

You've said nothing sincerely.

@Golden147 the above advise is the best so far here, in this part of the world, people do things late and think it's okay! Most of the people in Nigeria, the major set back is finances else they should have settled down, a friend of ours in US married at 21, then we were about getting into uni, he has a daughter right now that's about 9 years old and a loving family.

However I must add, you are not managing third party interferences well in your relationship. Your obligation is to your lady not her siblings, they have parents for God sake, it's the responsibility of the parents to provide for them, if you support you're doing that as a choice not an obligation and none of her siblings should bully her when you refuse, warn them sternly and put it forward to the parents, that you'll only assist when you have and when you don't nobody should bully your lady or you'll call the police, just saying but you get the point!

More importantly make sure your woman obtains a skill that fetches her good money or she should obtain one. You goal right now is to build yourself and your lady spiritually, relationally (keep genuine people only in your space), mindset (read about marriage and life together), finances (understand how to seriously deal with poverty), Health (understand how to stay healthy) and your Career (learn how to expand your knowledge and become very competent in your skill or business)
great

1 Like

Re: Married Men In The House Please Advice Me by Escobar7(m): 10:15pm On Jul 21, 2021
Dude, marry her, if you really want to. Nobody's opinion matters more than what you are willing and capable of doing.
Life is funny sometimes, those dudes who lazy about and beg you alot might be shockingly rich later in life, just face your intent and allow God take control. Be prayerful, and congrats in advance (should you eventually tie the knot.)

2 Likes

Re: Married Men In The House Please Advice Me by AfriNotesNEWS: 10:16pm On Jul 21, 2021
When u are gifting within ur affordable means be happy

For the brothers.. stop giving them money... If they wants to change actitude let them change

Focus on ur girl and how to make life better.. and best for you guys..

When u have made it... Then you can assist the family.. by helping the boys then... That is if they have not live up by then

If you Account ballace is less than 1,000,100. Don't ever give any body free money above 10k.

Cus anything less than 1,000,000 in ur ACC says u are still financially poor
.learn to save ur self first ..before saving others..

Thanks

Liballo:

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Married Men In The House Please Advice Me by Dicedpineappple(f): 10:17pm On Jul 21, 2021
Yusufisraelj:

You've said nothing sincerely.

@Golden147 the above advise is the best so far here, in this part of the world, people do things late and think it's okay! Most of the people in Nigeria, the major set back is finances else they should have settled down, a friend of ours in US married at 21, then we were about getting into uni, he has a daughter right now that's about 9 years old and a loving family.

However I must add, you are not managing third party interferences well in your relationship. Your obligation is to your lady not her siblings, they have parents for God sake, it's the responsibility of the parents to provide for them, if you support you're doing that as a choice not an obligation and none of her siblings should bully her when you refuse, warn them sternly and put it forward to the parents, that you'll only assist when you have and when you don't nobody should bully your lady or you'll call the police, just saying but you get the point!

More importantly make sure your woman obtains a skill that fetches her good money or she should obtain one. You goal right now is to build yourself and your lady spiritually, relationally (keep genuine people only in your space), mindset (read about marriage and life together), finances (understand how to seriously deal with poverty), Health (understand how to stay healthy) and your Career (learn how to expand your knowledge and become very competent in your skill or business)

Op, take heed of the two above commenters...
Their words are full of wisdom

1 Like

Re: Married Men In The House Please Advice Me by afamaustin(m): 10:17pm On Jul 21, 2021
U said u are still in school how do u make money to take care of her needs and school expenses much more giving her brothers money? I need anwser before l advise u.

1 Like

Re: Married Men In The House Please Advice Me by moneyissweet(m): 10:18pm On Jul 21, 2021
It is nothing bro, just double your hustle and marry the girl u Love.

Everybody no go dey like obi cubana,some people are born lucky while some manufactur their luck by themselves.

Maybe God wants to use you to up lift the poor boys.

1 Like

Re: Married Men In The House Please Advice Me by Sibtygarr: 10:18pm On Jul 21, 2021
Golden147:
Here is my reasons

Matured advice please
Oga build some spinal cord and tell them you don't have when you truely don't, give on your own wills. You owe them nothing for wanting to marry their sisters. Let that sink into their brains and let them say what ever they like, when you have and they ask give.
And give in a wise way, help in a way that means help and don't fund their frivolities nor fantasies.

Goodluck
Re: Married Men In The House Please Advice Me by arthorjnr(m): 10:18pm On Jul 21, 2021
Golden147:

Smile, yes bro...

Maybe because I didn't add I have got a house (4 bedroom flat) land properties too... what I don't have now as a man is car bro... anyways I won't dig deep about myself... I know myself just want to be sure of my marriage...
In my community a young guy at 22 that knows what his doing can get marry and settle perfectly fine...

What delayed me till now is my education.. I hope you understand now?

Don't mind these ancient men here. Ogbeni, young marriage is the BEST marriage. You seem more mature than these wise-wanna-bes spewing trash. About her brothers, truth is, if your girl truly loves you, go ahead. Na she you marry, no be her older shameless brothers wey no get work.
Re: Married Men In The House Please Advice Me by Vireani79: 10:19pm On Jul 21, 2021
U pay skool fees and her parents are alive
Why won't she say yes
Why won't her parents say yes
Na poverty alleviation program u dey run for the full family so

4 Likes

Re: Married Men In The House Please Advice Me by Vivien458(f): 10:19pm On Jul 21, 2021
Torylanez:
- My brother you need to hustle more
- Move forward and achieve something
- Obviously you both aren't ripe for Marriage una just de do gra gra
- You both are marrying for the wrong reasons
- Anytime a man marries you marry all the good and bad of your wife family and she does the same with your family

Marriage is not about age neither is it about size
Marriage is more of a spiritual, mental and psychological move

You are not ready my bro

Take this as a golden advice from a married man
how do you know he is not ready. Africans and myopic reasoning. You have not met this person, yet you just jumped into conclusion. Give him advise and not if he is ready or not. Someone you don't even know

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply)

A Family’s Reaction When Their Daughter Came Home Amid The Coronavirus / Check Out This Marriage Picture. / Can Someone Miss Their Period For 2 Mths & Nt Pregnant.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.