Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,860 members, 7,810,287 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:43 AM

My Eyes Are Filled With Tears Over Opobo And Bonny - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / My Eyes Are Filled With Tears Over Opobo And Bonny (11782 Views)

Ijaws And Igbos Only, Let's Explore Peaceful Setlements In Opobo And Bonny / Wake Up Call To Igbos, Proof They Are Ijaw-nizing Opobo And Bonny / Ijaw In Shock As Opobo And Bonny Are Revealed As Igbos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Eyes Are Filled With Tears Over Opobo And Bonny by BKayy: 12:44am On Sep 06, 2021
slim75d:

amayanabo is ijaw word for king
opubo is big man
Hahahahaha. You are really funny.
The real name of Opobo is "Igwe-nga"

Jaja named it Ama-Opubo (Opubo's quarter) in honour of Opubo Pepple.
Now reversed to be meaningless "Opubo-Ama"
Someone from a place called Ama-Igbo (Igbo quarters) like Jaja or should I say
Mbanaso Okwaraozurumba is familiar with such naming.

BTW, should I remind you that Jaja helped the Queen of England on her expedition in the Ashanti Region of which he returned with some Ashanti slaves?
That is adding to the ones originally guarding British ships

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Eyes Are Filled With Tears Over Opobo And Bonny by OfoIgbo: 12:48am On Sep 06, 2021
slim75d:

hahahaha so what are the ibo names?
Is diri, tolofari, dappa, owujie, fubara, pepple, ogolo, peterside, etc ibo names ? The only ibo name we have is ubani

You obviously have not been reading what people.are posting. Didn't you read a white man recording that Fubara People was of Igbo ancestry.

Already a Peterside has publicly claimed the Igboness of Opobo. I also have an English name and it doesn't make me English. One of Ziks sons has a Yoruba name but he remains Igbo.

And btw Pepple is a corruption of the word PEPPER, so stop trying to act like it is an Ijaw word also

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Eyes Are Filled With Tears Over Opobo And Bonny by slim75d(m): 12:48am On Sep 06, 2021
OfoIgbo:

Dakuku Peterside who happens to be a more popular Opobo person, is claiming Igbo

yes dakuku is a politician if claiming hausa will make him get votes from the northerners in rivers state he will

1 Like

Re: My Eyes Are Filled With Tears Over Opobo And Bonny by OfoIgbo: 12:51am On Sep 06, 2021
slim75d:

yes dakuku is a politician if claiming hausa will make him get votes from the northerners in rivers state he will

He has never claimed Ijaw to get Ijaw votes though. I wonder why

17 Likes

Re: My Eyes Are Filled With Tears Over Opobo And Bonny by BiafraInc: 12:59am On Sep 06, 2021
[quote author=SlayerForever post=105530761]

I respond to insults. Go figure before making comment.
Re: My Eyes Are Filled With Tears Over Opobo And Bonny by slim75d(m): 1:02am On Sep 06, 2021
OfoIgbo:

You obviously have not been reading what people.are posting. Didn't you read a white man recording that Fubara People was of Igbo ancestry.

Already a Peterside has publicly claimed the Igboness of Opobo. I also have an English name and it doesn't make me English. One of Ziks sons has a Yoruba name but he remains Igbo.

And btw People is a corruption of the word PEPPER, so stop trying to act like it is an Ijaw word also

bro you can not be fubara and be ibo. What does fubara mean in ibo in ijo fubara means luck the full word is ibifubara meaning goodluck all this names ive written u can search them on facebook
pepple is a distortion of perekule just as opobo is a distortion of opubo, and jaja is to jubo jubogha the whitemen couldn't pronounce those names so they change it to what they can pronounce

3 Likes

Re: My Eyes Are Filled With Tears Over Opobo And Bonny by Eastlink(m): 1:07am On Sep 06, 2021
slim75d:

bro you can not be fubara and be ibo. What does fubara mean in ibo in ijo fubara means luck the full word is ibifubara meaning goodluck all this names ive written u can search them on facebook
pepple is a distortion of perekule just as opobo is a distortion of opubo, and jaja is to jubo jubogha the whitemen couldn't pronounce those names so they change it to what they can pronounce
The Fubara by King Pepple’s son has nothing to do with Ijaw. Ijos might have their Ibifubara or something that sounds Portuguese but Fubara is Bonny originated.
The same with Pepple. We’ve already shown the origin of Pepple which comes from Pepper and that alone has busted all lies.

9 Likes

Re: My Eyes Are Filled With Tears Over Opobo And Bonny by BKayy: 1:07am On Sep 06, 2021
slim75d:

And you were saying?
No be only Perekule, na Pericoma

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Eyes Are Filled With Tears Over Opobo And Bonny by Eastlink(m): 1:09am On Sep 06, 2021
BKayy:

And you were saying?
No be only Perekule, na Pericoma
Oil dey your head for bringing up that screenshot. You can send him the link to clear his doubt. Hopefully, no one can dare make any edits to it as was done in Wikipedia. grin

3 Likes

Re: My Eyes Are Filled With Tears Over Opobo And Bonny by OfoIgbo: 1:13am On Sep 06, 2021
slim75d:

I have already told you that Fubara Pepple was recorded by a neutral European writer as having Igbo ancestry, the same as all the rulers that have ever ruled Ubani.

An Igboman was ruling an Igbo town. Is that unheard of?

9 Likes

Re: My Eyes Are Filled With Tears Over Opobo And Bonny by slim75d(m): 1:18am On Sep 06, 2021
OfoIgbo:

He has never claimed Ijaw to get Ijaw votes though. I wonder why

by default ijaws will vote for him, he also went to bori and claimed to be an ogoni man. As usual it's the ibos that took the words of the politician serious. Just as amaechi is claiming ibo so he can the presidential ticket after that he'll be an ikwerre man

2 Likes

Re: My Eyes Are Filled With Tears Over Opobo And Bonny by BiafraInc: 1:19am On Sep 06, 2021
OfoIgbo:

Nwokem I know more about Igboland than Nnamdi Kanu will ever dream of knowing.

Kanu's knowledge of Igbos in Rivers state only extends to Obigbo, and perhaps Ikwerre territory.
Kanu has never in my hearing asserted the Igboness of Ubani.

Even his knowledge of Igodomigodo and NRI of all places is dangerously so limited, and thus gives him a very shallow analytical power on deep Igbo matters.

His greatest achievement is ESN and for that, Igbos are grateful, but he is not the genius you are making him out to be, otherwise he will not be in DSS dungeon right now
Just shut your dirty stinking mouth. Show us a thread where you have professed your so-called Igbo knowledge. I want to read it since you don't have a radio station like Mazi Kanu. Even in the threads here about Opobo and Bonny, I haven't seen any important input you are making, yet you know more than Mazi Kanu. He has talked so much about Bonny/Ubani and even compared it to the same Ubani name in his hometown of Umuahia. Just say that you don't follow up on his teachings because of your jealosusy. Anyway, he is incarcerated now, just come out and lead in front and show us how to get Biafra, instead of coming out to castigate him that is doing a great job of getting us Biafra. "Ndi onwere ka esi emeya" Daft fools.

1 Like

Re: My Eyes Are Filled With Tears Over Opobo And Bonny by Eastlink(m): 1:21am On Sep 06, 2021
slim75d:

by default ijaws will vote for him, he also went to bori and claimed to be an ogoni man. As usual it's the ibos that took the words of the politician serious. Just as amaechi is claiming ibo so he can the presidential ticket after that he'll be an ikwerre man
Trying to shift from the topic again after being beaten with facts in your initial claims.

3 Likes

Re: My Eyes Are Filled With Tears Over Opobo And Bonny by slim75d(m): 1:31am On Sep 06, 2021
OfoIgbo:

I have already told you that Fubara Pepple was recorded by a neutral European writer as having Igbo ancestry, the same as all the rulers that have ever ruled Ubani.

An Igboman as ruling an Igbo town. Is that unheard of?

you're getting something wrong, bonny existed before the trans atlantic slave trade just as it in kalabari they hard their chiefs and kings the ibos got to the island when bonny was made a slave port. At what time did the ibos starting rulling bonny

3 Likes

Re: My Eyes Are Filled With Tears Over Opobo And Bonny by Eastlink(m): 1:32am On Sep 06, 2021
SlayerForever:

But we are eager to see such links and discussions. We want to learn.
If you want to see such links type Opobo and Bonny Nairaland on Google and it will bring up old topics and arguments you never imagined. Search it on Google.

I even wrote one of my first thread on Bonny/Opobo Nairaland when I joined in 2015. It was a fall out of threads which gave false information from 2006 up till 2015 by the likes of Tonye and other INC/IYC guys. However other Igbo dudes with less information tried to correct that false information. There was also thread about Okrika too whom the Ijaws lied never spoke Igbo until one old Okrika Nairalander was invited and his comments was a shocker. Most of these threads are on the Culture and Travel section and some in Politics. Nairaland lost most of them during the hacking of 2015 but many still remained. Search the keywords on Google and attach Nairaland to it and you’ll see the threads.

You can also keep time to check outdated Forums like Naijabestforum and Nigeria Village Square to see old topics on Bonny/Opobo. You’ll also see argument on Ika Igbo origin and a lot of other Igbo tribes with identity crisis.

7 Likes

Re: My Eyes Are Filled With Tears Over Opobo And Bonny by SoiSoi13(f): 1:33am On Sep 06, 2021
CXLVII:
Benin republic also belongs to Nigeria because they speak Yoruba

Even a part of Brazil belongs to Nigeria cos the language of some clan is rooted in yoruba.

Ikwerre man will be speaking Igbo and still be denying he is not Igbo. Even an Opobo man will never accept he is Igbo.

Cos he is not, the Igbo dialect he speaks is borrowed from long association and trade with Ibo traders and not his core dialect from his forefathers

1 Like

Re: My Eyes Are Filled With Tears Over Opobo And Bonny by BiafraInc: 1:38am On Sep 06, 2021
Eastlink:
If you want to see such links type Opobo and Bonny Nairaland and it will bring up old topics and arguments you never imagined. Search it on Google.
LIAR.!! Type it and it will still not show you any link that is pre-2012. Jealousy will kill many of you. When you come up here with your lies, we are here to burst it. Google the link that shows any such discussion of Opobo and Bonny as back as 2007 as you claimed and paste it here, or shut up once and for all.

1 Like

Re: My Eyes Are Filled With Tears Over Opobo And Bonny by BKayy: 1:39am On Sep 06, 2021
slim75d:

you're getting something wrong, bonny existed before the trans atlantic slave trade just as it in kalabari they hard their chiefs and kings the ibos got to the island when bonny was made a slave port. At what time did the ibos starting rulling bonny
Absolutely nonsense. Its like you don't know the meaning of "native" again.
What you should have done or be doing is look for something that proves that you people existed in 20th century at least. So that we will know exactly when you people were dropped of from British ships. Not at Ubani because there is no proof whatsoever there.
The slave ships, captains, Priests, Britain, British Overseers and natives kept records.

4 Likes

Re: My Eyes Are Filled With Tears Over Opobo And Bonny by Eastlink(m): 1:41am On Sep 06, 2021
BiafraInc:

LIAR.!! Type it and it will still not show you any link that is pre-2012. Jealousy will kill many of you. When you come up here with your lies, we are here to burst it. Google the link that shows any such discussion of Opobo and Bonny as back as 2007 as you claimed and paste it here, or shut up once and for all.
I have no time for a Mazi Kanu worshipping uneducated IPOB slave. My message was for the Slayerforever.
Re: My Eyes Are Filled With Tears Over Opobo And Bonny by onumadu: 1:44am On Sep 06, 2021
OfoIgbo:

Nwokem I know more about Igboland than Nnamdi Kanu will ever dream of knowing.

Kanu's knowledge of Igbos in Rivers state only extends to Obigbo, and perhaps Ikwerre territory.
Kanu has never in my hearing asserted the Igboness of Ubani.

Even his knowledge of Igodomigodo and NRI of all places is dangerously so limited, and thus gives him a very shallow analytical power on deep Igbo matters.

His greatest achievement is ESN and for that, Igbos are grateful, but he is not the genius you are making him out to be, otherwise he will not be in DSS dungeon right now

On points.
We all witnessed Kanu's knowledge about Igbo territory evolve gradually over the years. I don't blame him though because the lies about Igbo territory have (since the end of the civil war) been herculean.
Nevertheless, I don't think that Kanu was ever going for an Igbo only Biafra anyway, and that is why he never bothered to properly identify ALL Igbo lands.

5 Likes

Re: My Eyes Are Filled With Tears Over Opobo And Bonny by OfoIgbo: 1:46am On Sep 06, 2021
slim75d:

I will encourage you to access my profile and read the attachment in my picture section.
It isade it to Ubani centuries before slave trade started. They first started producing and trading in salt, way before slave trade.

Bonny is a corruption of the Igbo town name UBANI

1 Like

Re: My Eyes Are Filled With Tears Over Opobo And Bonny by BiafraInc: 1:48am On Sep 06, 2021
Eastlink:
I have no time for a Mazi Kanu worshipping uneducated IPOB slave. My message was for the Slayerforever.
Illiterate, before you mention "Opobo and Bonny Nairaland" we all knew that search pattern even before you registered for the first time here in nairaland. Nama awusa, oluku. You come in here to lie like the Ijaws, but we are here to burst up your lies. I challenge you to show just one link dating earlier than 2012 which was when IPOB started this evangelization, and win a prize from me.

To you, Opobo and Bonny started from Chinua Achebe's book. Your illiterate self hasn't seen 17-18 centuries books of the accounts of white men that mentioned Opobo and Bonny. That was far way back before Chinua Achebe was born. The bone of contention is about who awakened Igbo consciousness and created awareness about all these places including our people in SS and MB. That person is no other than Mazi Nnamdi Kanu and his IPOB foot soldiers.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Eyes Are Filled With Tears Over Opobo And Bonny by Eastlink(m): 1:49am On Sep 06, 2021
slim75d:

Igbo were the first to live in Bonny Island. The Europeans recorded them as dealing in Salt and other commodities before the slave trade era.

Many of us are widely read. Just argue what you know.

5 Likes

Re: My Eyes Are Filled With Tears Over Opobo And Bonny by OfoIgbo: 1:49am On Sep 06, 2021
onumadu:

On points.
We all witnessed Kanu's knowledge about Igbo territory evolve gradually over the years. I don't blame him though because the lies about Igbo territory have (since the end of the civil war) been herculean.
Nevertheless, I don't think that Kanu was ever going for an Igbo only Biafra anyway, and that is why he never bothered to properly identify ALL Igbo lands.

You made a very salient point, unlike some of his airhead blind followers with probable Fulani paternity.

2 Likes

Re: My Eyes Are Filled With Tears Over Opobo And Bonny by BKayy: 1:51am On Sep 06, 2021
Eastlink:
"E gbuo dike na ọgụ ụlọ... " you know the rest.
If you must criticise IPOB and her members, atleast don't go too far.
We all have our disagreements, me inclusive but let us not undermine their importance

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Eyes Are Filled With Tears Over Opobo And Bonny by Eastlink(m): 1:52am On Sep 06, 2021
BiafraInc:

Illiterate, before you mention "Opobo and Bonny Nairaland" [s]we all knew that search pattern even before you registered for the first time here in nairaland. Nama awusa, oluku. You come in here to lie like the Ijaws, but we are here to burst up your lies. I challenge you to show just one link dating earlier than 2012 which was when IPOB started this evangelization, and win a prize from me.

To you, Opobo and Bonny started from Chinua Achebe's book. Your illiterate self haven's seen 17-18 centuries book of the accounts of white men that mentioned Opobo and Bonny. That was far way back before Chinua Achebe was born. The bone of contention is about who awakened Igbo consciousness and created awareness about all these places including our people in SS and MB. That person is no other than Mazi Nnamdi Kanu and his IPOB foot soldiers[/s].
IPOB Iliterate clown that can't stop exposing his docility. This thread is for intelligent people and not rabid Mazi Kanu worshipers and urine lickers. Focus on the thread and be cured of your zombiesm.

1 Like

Re: My Eyes Are Filled With Tears Over Opobo And Bonny by Mrexcell(m): 1:52am On Sep 06, 2021
techwaya:

You lie,they are now our blood brothers you nairaland propagandist made us believe they are no igbos because they have oil..

Are there oil and gas deposits in opobo?
Re: My Eyes Are Filled With Tears Over Opobo And Bonny by BKayy: 1:57am On Sep 06, 2021
OfoIgbo:

You made a very salient point, unlike some of his airhead blind followers with probable Fulani paternity.

No matter our disagreements with MNK, his methods or the range of his own map, we can't ignore the FACT that without him and his followers there won't be this Igbo revival we are witnessing.
Him and Achebe are the reason for what we are witnessing today.
We must give honor to whom honor is due

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Eyes Are Filled With Tears Over Opobo And Bonny by BiafraInc: 1:58am On Sep 06, 2021
Eastlink:
IPOB Iliterate clown that can't stop exposing his docility. This thread is for intelligent people and not rabid Mazi Kanu worshipers and urine lickers. Focus on the thread and be cured of your zombiesm.
One Liegeria fulani slave ZOMBIE lying cunt. Show us your so-called 2007 nairaland thread where you discussed Opobo and Bonny. Ewu awusa, brainless maggot one nigerianist amoeba. Sane people are working towards the disintegration of your contraption, and you're working towards election to uphold your one nigeria nonsense because of little change for a bag of 5kg rice. Poor wretched buffoon.

2 Likes

Re: My Eyes Are Filled With Tears Over Opobo And Bonny by afube: 2:06am On Sep 06, 2021
Eastlink:
You started well and ended abysmally. Which useless IPOB are you giving thanks too? Check up Nairaland and you’ll see the efforts notable Igbo put into that awareness right from 2007.

You people should be careful how you hype that demonic political group that plans to make all efforts worst than they met it. Instead of you to ask question and be enlightened you are giving glory to a scammer who only bask in the euphoria to gain followers.

How old are you if I may ask? And what is your academic status. I might forgive you if you are an illiterate, but a graduate should stop being spoon fed by things he ears. The same way you watched YouTube videos to ascertain the truth, is the same way you should make your research to know your ethnic group. Are you aware that Chinua Achebe talked about the Bonny/Opobo people in his Things Fall Apart, where they used Ikem for me but to the Umuofians it sounded like Bottom.

Keep time to educate yourself as no one will do it for you.

no body has done more for Igbo nationalism than IPOB.......100% FACT No carry dis your ipob criticism enter public anywhere in the south east o!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Eyes Are Filled With Tears Over Opobo And Bonny by Eastlink(m): 2:07am On Sep 06, 2021
BKayy:

"E gbuo dike na ọgụ ụlọ... " you know the rest.
If you must criticise IPOB and her members, atleast don't go too far.
We all have our disagreements, me inclusive but let us not undermine their importance
Everyone to their ideals. Mine is abstract from IPOB and I don't deny it. I cringe each time I remember how we lost the little grounds we gain since the civil war politically and otherwise all thanks to MASSOB and Uwazuruike. IPOB emerge from MASSOB.
Re: My Eyes Are Filled With Tears Over Opobo And Bonny by Eastlink(m): 2:08am On Sep 06, 2021
afube:

no body has done more for Igbo nationalism than IPOB.......100% FACT No carry dis your ipob criticism enter public anywhere in the south east o!
Which IPOB. By introducing Judaism, quack history, toutism and terrorism into Igbo consciousness.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Segun Showunmi: EndSARS One Year After / Debt Servicing Gulps Ondo, Osun, Two Others Allocations / Court Hears Suit Against Lagos Okada Ban Dec 15

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.