Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,708 members, 7,816,912 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:02 PM

My Eyes Are Filled With Tears Over Opobo And Bonny - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / My Eyes Are Filled With Tears Over Opobo And Bonny (11810 Views)

Ijaws And Igbos Only, Let's Explore Peaceful Setlements In Opobo And Bonny / Wake Up Call To Igbos, Proof They Are Ijaw-nizing Opobo And Bonny / Ijaw In Shock As Opobo And Bonny Are Revealed As Igbos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Eyes Are Filled With Tears Over Opobo And Bonny by onumadu: 2:09am On Sep 06, 2021
I particularly have special respect for Bkay in this forum.
Na real one man army! cheesy cheesy cheesy

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Eyes Are Filled With Tears Over Opobo And Bonny by afube: 2:20am On Sep 06, 2021
Nyamiri:

Go and collect your properties from Ikeerre, Etche and other people in Port Harcourt.
You didn't learn from how Gen. Ogbemudia handled Biafrans, you will learn it again.

Ogbemudia is Igbo you Fulani heathen from Guinea.........which visa you take enter naija sef?

2 Likes

Re: My Eyes Are Filled With Tears Over Opobo And Bonny by Nobody: 2:25am On Sep 06, 2021
BiafraInc:
Let me know if you see any Fedora "awa oil" oil cap in the below video. All you see are Igbo red war caps.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HG7omHI1gY

OPOBO NWAOTAM 2020/2021/OPOBO AT 150 CELEBRATION

I didn’t watch the video, but the red caps Igbos wear is a recent cultural identity. And not an igbo invention, it is borrowed from Morocco and other ethnic tribes in west Africa

2 Likes

Re: My Eyes Are Filled With Tears Over Opobo And Bonny by BKayy: 2:26am On Sep 06, 2021
Eastlink:
Everyone to their ideals. Mine is abstract from IPOB and I don't deny it. I cringe each time I remember how we lost the little grounds we gain since the civil war politically and otherwise all thanks to MASSOB and Uwazuruike. IPOB emerge from MASSOB.
LOL grin
It is OK if you don't want to specify IPOB for some reasons which I don't know.
I won't coerce you.

But remember that we all witnessed MASSOB and Igbo territory was not their concern. The first person to break the barrier of Southern Nigeria being the barrier of Igbo land is MNK when he brought Umuezekoha of Benue state to peoples awareness. He made Ubani, Igwe nga/Opobo and Igwe Ocha/Port Harcourt a jingle although Port Harcourt never worked out.
Just for reference purposes.

9 Likes

Re: My Eyes Are Filled With Tears Over Opobo And Bonny by afube: 2:29am On Sep 06, 2021
Eastlink:
Which IPOB. By introducing Judaism, quack history, toutism and terrorism into Igbo consciousness.

There is freedom of worship in Igboland the last time I checked, history is by and large subjective.....all you need to do is to issue rebuttals to any teachings of MNK you do not agree with. Ok, we should become pacifists and be rendered homeless by marauding Fulanis just like the hapless benue indigenes ! bros you no get case!

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Eyes Are Filled With Tears Over Opobo And Bonny by BKayy: 2:31am On Sep 06, 2021
kingawothefirst:

I didn’t watch the video, but the red caps Igbos is a recent cultural identity. And not an igbo invention, it is borrowed from Morocco and other ethnic tribes in west Africa
LOL. You took the post of that Fulani girl seriously didn't you?
Ndigbo had no contact with Morocco and no other West African people wear red caps. The few that do and others in East Africa do it as a result of Nollywood influence (one day we will talk about it here).

9 Likes

Re: My Eyes Are Filled With Tears Over Opobo And Bonny by Eastlink(m): 2:32am On Sep 06, 2021
BKayy:

LOL grin
I won't coerce you.

But remember that we all witnessed MASSOB and Igbo territory was not their concern. The first person to break the barrier of Southern Nigeria being the barrier of Igbo land is MNK when he brought Umuezekoha of Benue state to peoples awareness. He made Ubani, Igwe nga/Opobo and Igwe Ocha/Port Harcourt a jingle although Port Harcourt never worked out.
Ok, admittedly he had his faults but his attitude of always wanting to force his ideals on our throats is my problem with him. Always finding enemies and saboteurs in the quest for Biafra.
IPOB is focused on things that have less affects on Ndigbo.

For me I’m a realist. And I believe we are faced with a lot of distractions that the Biafran struggle has blinded us to see. We’ve been relegated in every sphere in this country. Partly by government and largely by our own attitudes to fight battles that isn't our business. We never put our interest first that’s why we’ve become the laughing stock in PDP. We need a group like the INC or Great Benin Descendants in Igboland. One who's focus is fighting for everything Igbo interest in Nigeria. Territorially, culturally and politically. Not Ohaneze and not IPOB/MASSOB.

Igbo interest alone and nothing else.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Eyes Are Filled With Tears Over Opobo And Bonny by Nobody: 2:33am On Sep 06, 2021
BKayy:

Ndigbo had no contact with Morocco and no other West African people wear red caps. The few that do and others in East Africa do it as a result of Nollywood influence (one day we will talk about it here).

Educate yourself first, then come back and quote me. Until you do, REFRAIN FROM QUOTING ME.

1 Like

Re: My Eyes Are Filled With Tears Over Opobo And Bonny by BKayy: 2:34am On Sep 06, 2021
kingawothefirst:

Educate yourself first, then come back and quote me. Until you do, REFRAIN FROM QUOTING ME.
Read my post again. This time, slowly

3 Likes

Re: My Eyes Are Filled With Tears Over Opobo And Bonny by BKayy: 2:37am On Sep 06, 2021
onumadu:
I particularly have special respect for Bkay in this forum.
Na real one man army! cheesy cheesy cheesy
Thanks

1 Like

Re: My Eyes Are Filled With Tears Over Opobo And Bonny by Nyamiri: 2:48am On Sep 06, 2021
afube:
Ogbemudia is Igbo you Fulani heathen from Guinea.........which visa you take enter naija sef?
Ogbemudia Is Igbo indeed. No wonder he killed your fathers like dogs. Stupidity is in your lineage.

2 Likes

Re: My Eyes Are Filled With Tears Over Opobo And Bonny by JohnOkolo: 4:19am On Sep 06, 2021
techwaya:
It shocks me how Nigeria has divided the Igbos nation War is truly a bad thing.. cry

All our lives the we were made to believe Igboland starts and ends in the southeast,i just watched a video of opobo language it shocked me me that i cam understand their dialect better than Owerri dialect it is pure central Igbo the same as the one spoken in obigbo were i grew up ,later they will say Igboland is landlocked thanks to ipob,an Igbo only Biafra is 100 percent viable .

Wake up from your Slumber Son.
Re: My Eyes Are Filled With Tears Over Opobo And Bonny by Ekealterego: 5:07am On Sep 06, 2021
BKayy:

LOL grin
I won't coerce you.

Ignore the Eastlink guy, him and his group of marauding directionless rivals made Intra-Igbo rivalry a thing on Nairaland. While other groups were banding together, they made mocking different Igbo state a sports and washed their dirty pants in public. I witnessed this crass behaviour cringing for years.

You see the concept of making reference to 17/18/19th century history with facts is one thing that I admire that is happening. It disputes all facts.

If not for MNK, most of us or even them won't go hunting for these evidence.

Against this background, I want to say, your swords must be really shinny from murdering all these r..ards with facts and sharpening same swords with their bones.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Eyes Are Filled With Tears Over Opobo And Bonny by Almaigaa: 5:15am On Sep 06, 2021
SlyDev:
Igbo land start and end in South East..... MO of ibo and Fulani is d same.... Migrate and breed non stop till they outnumber their host.... Then use back door to rule the host.... Yoruba are only lucky they have very much population.... Hausa is more useful than two of them.... God bless yoruba people

True talk.
Igbo land only comprises the 5 States in the EAST.

1 Like

Re: My Eyes Are Filled With Tears Over Opobo And Bonny by RobbStark(m): 6:17am On Sep 06, 2021
OfoIgbo:

When Jaja was a slave, he was owned by Igbos in an Igbo town known as Ubani. You must have noticed that the canoe houses in Opobo have Igbo names. That was a fantastic twist

Pls for learning sake, can you name the names of the war canoe houses to see which one has Ibo names attached to it

1 Like

Re: My Eyes Are Filled With Tears Over Opobo And Bonny by 5ThChild: 7:18am On Sep 06, 2021
slim75d:

half fulani half eboe u re frustrated ur tribe is landlocked, u ve be an object of ridicule all over d nation u ppl re scattered every were like a seed planted by a blind. Well i understand ppl travel for greener pasture n there's no pasture in ur land not to talk of being green, i knw u don't reside in ur state because hunger is real even ur siblings in the north prefer to die in the hands of boko haram than to comeback to iboland. Going by size bonny and opobo should be claiming ibo not the other way round

grin grin
Chaaaaaai this one touch me
Re: My Eyes Are Filled With Tears Over Opobo And Bonny by OfoIgbo: 7:19am On Sep 06, 2021
RobbStark:

Pls for learning sake, can you name the names of the war canoe houses to see which one has Ibo names attached to it

Peterside is also not an Igbo name, yet his Igboness is not in doubt and he personally proclaimed.

Ijaws in Ubani were mere migrant porters and menial labourers. Nothing more nothing less

10 Likes

Re: My Eyes Are Filled With Tears Over Opobo And Bonny by Malawian(m): 7:19am On Sep 06, 2021
slim75d:

lets put it this way, ijaws re not claiming opobo we opobians re claiming ijaw. My name is tamunotonye does that mean anything in igbo?
Better find your way back to the British slave ship your forefathers were guarding that originally brought them to our shores. Do not take our hospitality for granted! Be warned!

10 Likes

Re: My Eyes Are Filled With Tears Over Opobo And Bonny by Walkee: 7:25am On Sep 06, 2021
afube:

Ogbemudia is Igbo? grin grin
You guys are serious clowns
Re: My Eyes Are Filled With Tears Over Opobo And Bonny by 5ThChild: 7:25am On Sep 06, 2021
BKayy:

That line no longer work.
We can't use because of useless Ego and surrender our land and people to British porters like you people.
Better start making preparations of how to return to Ashanti and Sierra leone because I am sure the Fulani have realised from today's threads that you Ijaw people are not indigenous to southern Nigeria and as such have no ancestral claim to any of the land you occupy here.
That is the repercussion of dragging land with Ndigbo, you get exposed for who you really are

This shows the true side of an Igbo person. As at 2015/2017 you were claiming that Niger-deltans are your brothers and indigenous to the delta. But notoriously, here you are today trying to grab their land, not only their land but their history.

You cannot hide your true personality for long

1 Like

Re: My Eyes Are Filled With Tears Over Opobo And Bonny by Rugaria: 7:26am On Sep 06, 2021
slim75d:

lets put it this way, ijaws re not claiming opobo we opobians re claiming ijaw. My name is tamunotonye does that mean anything in igbo?
Goan tell that nonsense to the Jaja of Opobo, not me. You always have a story of how one Rivers community used to be Ijaw before they started speaking Igbo! The same wacky story for Obigbo and co. I don't blame you guys shaaa. If Igbo leaders were meeting fire for fire with you guys, everybody would have known his space and maintained his lane by now..

9 Likes

Re: My Eyes Are Filled With Tears Over Opobo And Bonny by OfoIgbo: 7:28am On Sep 06, 2021
BKayy:

No matter our disagreements with MNK, his methods or the range of his own map, we can't ignore the FACT that without him and his followers there won't be this Igbo revival we are witnessing.
Him and Achebe are the reason for what we are witnessing today.
We must give honor to whom honor is due

Of course he is playing a key role especially when it comes to firing up the Igbo base, as it were.

But he lacks c drain leadership qualities that disqualifies him from being the overall leader of the struggle. The council of elders would have been the ideal leaders of the struggle while Kanu man's the radio station and evangelism arm.
Th council of elders would have had more success in coming up or endorsing a proper roadmap to achieving Biafra, and ensuring the right people are in charge of the appropriate duties.
The council of elders would have covered IPOB with their personal honour which would have made it more difficult for IPOB members to be killed like rats with no consequences to the perpetrators of such crimes.

The council of elders would have attracted more international listening ears in the corridors of world power e.t.c
Re: My Eyes Are Filled With Tears Over Opobo And Bonny by theInterpreter: 7:29am On Sep 06, 2021
SlayerForever:
It is interesting there is no mention of Ijaw here.
do you know that Badagry belonged to Fon before

Now it I controlled by Yoruba

All these your "history no carry weight
Re: My Eyes Are Filled With Tears Over Opobo And Bonny by 5ThChild: 7:29am On Sep 06, 2021
Nyamiri:

Amaechi bears Rotimi, Ojo Madueke bears a Yoruba name. You never see Yorubas claiming them. That is why you Igbos always sound foolish with these gumbody schemes.
You can't do Ika people anything. You can't do Ikwerre or Etche people anything. If you could, why did your fathers abandon their properties and run off?
grin

1 Like

Re: My Eyes Are Filled With Tears Over Opobo And Bonny by Malawian(m): 7:30am On Sep 06, 2021
slim75d:

bro you can not be fubara and be ibo. What does fubara mean in ibo in ijo fubara means luck the full word is ibifubara meaning goodluck all this names ive written u can search them on facebook
pepple is a distortion of perekule just as opobo is a distortion of opubo, and jaja is to jubo jubogha the whitemen couldn't pronounce those names so they change it to what they can pronounce
So because Jide" means "standup" in Yoruba, it cannot mean "Hold This" in Igbo? Oga, from all available accounts, Ijaw only came into the Niger-Delta courtesy of British ships from Ashanti. Ijaw is not indigenous to Niger-Delta. Deal with it. From trying to grab people's ancestral lands, Ijaw will end up fighting not to be thrown back into the ocean.

2 Likes

Re: My Eyes Are Filled With Tears Over Opobo And Bonny by Rugaria: 7:31am On Sep 06, 2021
Eastlink:
Ok, admittedly he had his faults but his attitude of always wanting to force his ideals on our throats is my problem with him. Always finding enemies and saboteurs in the quest for Biafra.
IPOB is focused on things that have less affects on Ndigbo.

For me I’m a realist. And I believe we are faced with a lot of distractions that the Biafran struggle has blinded us to see. We’ve been relegated in every sphere in this country. Partly by government and largely by our own attitudes to fight battles that isn't our business. We never put our interest first that’s why we’ve become the laughing stock in PDP. We need a group like the INC or Great Benin Descendants in Igboland. One who's focus is fighting for everything Igbo interest in Nigeria. Territorially, culturally and politically. Not Ohaneze and not IPOB/MASSOB.

Igbo interest alone and nothing else.
You guys will always find faults shaaa. Seems to me like everyone wants to be at the head.. If you are not heading the organization, then it becomes imperfect..

3 Likes

Re: My Eyes Are Filled With Tears Over Opobo And Bonny by BiafraAburi: 7:33am On Sep 06, 2021
kingawothefirst:

I didn’t watch the video, but the red caps Igbos is a recent cultural identity. And not an igbo invention, it is borrowed from Morocco and other ethnic tribes in west Africa
DUMBO, I CLEARLY MENTIONED "RED WAR CAP" WATCH THE VIDEO BEFORE TALKING YOUR CONTRAPTION CRAP.

1 Like

Re: My Eyes Are Filled With Tears Over Opobo And Bonny by BiafraAburi: 7:38am On Sep 06, 2021
OfoIgbo:

Of course he is playing a key role especially when it comes to firing up the Igbo base, as it were.

But he lacks c drain leadership qualities that disqualifies him from being the overall leader of the struggle. The council of elders would have been the ideal leaders of the struggle while Kanu man's the radio station and evangelism arm.
Th council of elders would have had more success in coming up or endorsing a proper roadmap to achieving Biafra, and ensuring the right people are in charge of the appropriate duties.
The council of elders would have covered IPOB with their personal honour which would have made it more difficult for IPOB members to be killed like rats with no consequences to the perpetrators of such crimes.

The council of elders would have attracted more international listening ears in the corridors of world power e.t.c
GO AND START YOUR OWN MOVEMENT AND SAVE IGBOS FROM YOUR FULANI MASTER'S EVERYDAY BUTCHERING, YOU LITTLE CUNT. MAY COUNCIL OF ELDERS KEE YOU THERE. BRAINLESS "BUFFOONIC" AMOEBA!! SOME OF YOU ARE SO ANNOYINGLY DAFT AND DUMB.

2 Likes

Re: My Eyes Are Filled With Tears Over Opobo And Bonny by RobbStark(m): 7:42am On Sep 06, 2021
OfoIgbo:

Pegersid is also not an Igbo name, yet his Igboness is not in doubt and he personally proclaimed.

Ijaws in Ubani were mere migrant porters and menial labourers. Nothing more nothing less

How come the Ijaws in Ubani as you said were not sold as slaves then but ibos.
How can ibos in Ubani sell their own kinsmen as slaves then.

Truth of the matter is that you ibos can't lay claim to people who don't want you.
Your claim of them being ibos is neither here nor there.

Bonny Opobo and all other riverine settlements are Ijaws.

Like always your rants end here. No where e reach.

Why aren't you guys holding your normal meetings in those places.
Continue

2 Likes

Re: My Eyes Are Filled With Tears Over Opobo And Bonny by theInterpreter: 7:43am On Sep 06, 2021
BKayy:

you know this is a blatant lie cheesy
That cap is post 1900s
Same as isiAgu
They were all copied from elsewhere and modified to suit Ndigbo
Re: My Eyes Are Filled With Tears Over Opobo And Bonny by SlayerForever: 7:49am On Sep 06, 2021
theInterpreter:
do you know that Badagry belonged to Fon before

Now it I controlled by Yoruba

All these your "history no carry weight

Controlled by Lagos government.

4 Likes

Re: My Eyes Are Filled With Tears Over Opobo And Bonny by SlayerForever: 7:52am On Sep 06, 2021
BKayy:

"E gbuo dike na ọgụ ụlọ... " you know the rest.
If you must criticise IPOB and her members, atleast don't go too far.
We all have our disagreements, me inclusive but let us not undermine their importance

...eruo na ogu ezi achoba dike. Nwafo!

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

John Fashanu Appears As Character Witness In Ibori's Sentencing / Onitsha Bridge Is Vibrating And May Collapse / N186bn For Health Sector Omitted As Revised 2020 Budget Approval Suffers Setback

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.