Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,704 members, 7,816,877 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:14 PM

My Eyes Are Filled With Tears Over Opobo And Bonny - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / My Eyes Are Filled With Tears Over Opobo And Bonny (11809 Views)

Ijaws And Igbos Only, Let's Explore Peaceful Setlements In Opobo And Bonny / Wake Up Call To Igbos, Proof They Are Ijaw-nizing Opobo And Bonny / Ijaw In Shock As Opobo And Bonny Are Revealed As Igbos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Eyes Are Filled With Tears Over Opobo And Bonny by SlayerForever: 7:58am On Sep 06, 2021
Eastlink:
If you want to see such links type Opobo and Bonny Nairaland on Google and it will bring up old topics and arguments you never imagined. Search it on Google.

I even wrote one of my first thread on Bonny/Opobo Nairaland when I joined in 2015. It was a fall out of threads which gave false information from 2006 up till 2015 by the likes of Tonye and other INC/IYC guys. However other Igbo dudes with less information tried to correct that false information. There was also thread about Okrika too whom the Ijaws lied never spoke Igbo until one old Okrika Nairalander was invited and his comments was a shocker. Most of these threads are on the Culture and Travel section and some in Politics. Nairaland lost most of them during the hacking of 2015 but many still remained. Search the keywords on Google and attach Nairaland to it and you’ll see the threads.

You can also keep time to check outdated Forums like Naijabestforum and Nigeria Village Square to see old topics on Bonny/Opobo. You’ll also see argument on Ika Igbo origin and a lot of other Igbo tribes with identity crisis.

Okay. That's commendable. It shows the Igbo spirit can never be subjugated no matter what. However we will be honest in submitting that Nnamdi Kanu brought it all to the front burner. In a way he really just picked up from where you guys stopped and magnify it greatly.

2 Likes

Re: My Eyes Are Filled With Tears Over Opobo And Bonny by mu2sa2: 8:08am On Sep 06, 2021
slim75d:
i am a full fledged opobo son from Dappa's war canoe house. Yes we speak a mixture of ibani/ijaw wit igbo. That does not make us igbos our culture, traditions are all ijoid, so look for a brother that have access to the atlantic some where else
Haba, you finished them completely - people who want to be your bloda by fire by force!
Re: My Eyes Are Filled With Tears Over Opobo And Bonny by SlayerForever: 8:11am On Sep 06, 2021
[s]
slim75d:

bro you can not be fubara and be ibo. What does fubara mean in ibo in ijo fubara means luck the full word is ibifubara meaning goodluck all this names ive written u can search them on facebook
pepple is a distortion of perekule just as opobo is a distortion of opubo, and jaja is to jubo jubogha the whitemen couldn't pronounce those names so they change it to what they can pronounce
[/s]

One can be Fubara and be Igbo if they are in proximity to non Igbos.

In Nsukka they bear Idoma and Igala names, takes nothing from their Igbo identity.
In Delta, they bear Urhobo/Edo names whilst being Igbos.
In Ebonyi they bear some Ejagham/Ekoi names. They are yet Igbos.

Perekule is as recent as WhatsApp. That name is disgusting for a royalty because it is fake, a creek fabrication.

Opubo is Ama-Opobo, Opobo town.

5 Likes

Re: My Eyes Are Filled With Tears Over Opobo And Bonny by Malawian(m): 8:17am On Sep 06, 2021
theInterpreter:
do you know that Badagry belonged to Fon before

Now it I controlled by Yoruba

All these your "history no carry weight
Bafagry is still controlled by Fon. I have been there and I have seen the people predominantly there, they do not seem like Yoruba people to me, although there are Yoruba look6people there as well.

4 Likes

Re: My Eyes Are Filled With Tears Over Opobo And Bonny by SlayerForever: 8:18am On Sep 06, 2021
[s]
slim75d:

you're getting something wrong, bonny existed before the trans atlantic slave trade just as it in kalabari they hard their chiefs and kings the ibos got to the island when bonny was made a slave port. At what time did the ibos starting rulling bonny
[/s]

Bonny has always been Igbo from the Ndoki founders : Okpara Ndoli, Agbayiegbe, Amakuba, Asimini.

You need to read up.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Eyes Are Filled With Tears Over Opobo And Bonny by Malawian(m): 8:21am On Sep 06, 2021
RobbStark:

How come the Ijaws in Ubani as you said were not sold as slaves then but ibos.
How can ibos in Ubani sell their own kinsmen as slaves then.

Truth of the matter is that you ibos can't lay claim to people who don't want you.
Your claim of them being ibos is neither here nor there.

Bonny Opobo and all other riverine settlements are Ijaws.

Like always your rants end here. No where e reach.

Why aren't you guys holding your normal meetings in those places.
Continue
Ijaw was non existent in Ubani back then. They were only dropped in these shores with the end of slave trade. There were slave ship Porters to the British and nothing more!

8 Likes

Re: My Eyes Are Filled With Tears Over Opobo And Bonny by SlayerForever: 8:23am On Sep 06, 2021
BKayy:

LOL grin
It is OK if you don't want to specify IPOB for some reasons which I don't know.
I won't coerce you.

But remember that we all witnessed MASSOB and Igbo territory was not their concern. The first person to break the barrier of Southern Nigeria being the barrier of Igbo land is MNK when he brought Umuezekoha of Benue state to peoples awareness. He made Ubani, Igwe nga/Opobo and Igwe Ocha/Port Harcourt a jingle although Port Harcourt never worked out.
Just for reference purposes.

The Port Harcourt own too is working. The Ikwerre play that card whenever the Ijaw come claiming the place.

1 Like

Re: My Eyes Are Filled With Tears Over Opobo And Bonny by theInterpreter: 8:24am On Sep 06, 2021
SlayerForever:

Controlled by Lagos government.
who is the king of Badagry?
Who is the government of Lagos

Stop being dumb cheesy
Re: My Eyes Are Filled With Tears Over Opobo And Bonny by theInterpreter: 8:26am On Sep 06, 2021
Malawian:

Bafagry is still controlled by Fon. I have been there and I have seen the people predominantly there, they do not seem like Yoruba people to me, although there are Yoruba look6people there as well.
you don't understand
The masses are Fon but the leaders are Yoruba
All the politicians controlling Lagos and Badagry are Yoruba
Oyo captured Badagry from Dahomey
Re: My Eyes Are Filled With Tears Over Opobo And Bonny by NakwansaPolice: 8:27am On Sep 06, 2021
theInterpreter:

Stop being dumb cheesy

Mynd44 lalasticlala seun

Rule 2
Re: My Eyes Are Filled With Tears Over Opobo And Bonny by SlayerForever: 8:32am On Sep 06, 2021
OfoIgbo:

Of course he is playing a key role especially when it comes to firing up the Igbo base, as it were.

But he lacks c drain leadership qualities that disqualifies him from being the overall leader of the struggle. The council of elders would have been the ideal leaders of the struggle while Kanu man's the radio station and evangelism arm.
Th council of elders would have had more success in coming up or endorsing a proper roadmap to achieving Biafra, and ensuring the right people are in charge of the appropriate duties.
The council of elders would have covered IPOB with their personal honour which would have made it more difficult for IPOB members to be killed like rats with no consequences to the perpetrators of such crimes.

The council of elders would have attracted more international listening ears in the corridors of world power e.t.c

So with everything we have seen you have the mind to call "elders" here? Oh my God.

I will not bother telling you anything : any time one wakes is his morning.
Re: My Eyes Are Filled With Tears Over Opobo And Bonny by SlayerForever: 8:35am On Sep 06, 2021
theInterpreter:

Stop being dumb cheesy

Egun people rule themselves in Badagry and front their identity when called upon. No need to be pained.

6 Likes

Re: My Eyes Are Filled With Tears Over Opobo And Bonny by HornyTave: 8:37am On Sep 06, 2021
same way yorubas are claiming Itshekiri because of oil.
all of una are the same,

1 Like

Re: My Eyes Are Filled With Tears Over Opobo And Bonny by Thermodynamics(m): 8:56am On Sep 06, 2021
slim75d:

half fulani half eboe u re frustrated ur tribe is landlocked, u ve be an object of ridicule all over d nation u ppl re scattered every were like a seed planted by a blind. Well i understand ppl travel for greener pasture n there's no pasture in ur land not to talk of being green, i knw u don't reside in ur state because hunger is real even ur siblings in the north prefer to die in the hands of boko haram than to comeback to iboland. Going by size bonny and opobo should be claiming ibo not the other way round
What size are you talking about?

Are you insinuating that bonny and opobo is bigger than Igbo land?
Ah, my guy fear God, why this kind lie?
Stop making such statements, you are just making a fool of yourself?

I'm from Delta State but I tell you, if Biafra come today, I'll go with the Igbos, it's better to side with the Igbos who are Christians/educated than to side with a Fulani man who doesn't value life.

You have no idea what awaits you and your people in Nigeria if you fail to leave with the Igbos, don't think you'll archive Niger Delta Republic, the Fulanis will not allow you to leave, they'll continue to drain your oil and islamize all of you. Your best chance of leaving is with the Igbos, besides, Niger Delta does not exist in reality, it is just a mixture of tribes and different languages, we can't unite. Think my brother, the Igbos are not your enemy, the Fulanis are.

4 Likes

Re: My Eyes Are Filled With Tears Over Opobo And Bonny by Nobody: 9:04am On Sep 06, 2021
theInterpreter:
you know this is a blatant lie cheesy
That cap is post 1900s
Same as isiAgu
They were all copied from elsewhere and modified to suit Ndigbo

Point is, just as the "copied from elsewhere and modified" agbada became a clothing identity of the Yoruba men, just as the fulani,ijaw and others have there distinct traditional attaires, the war cap became an Igbo identity.

No other ethnic group wears that war cap except the igbo

5 Likes

Re: My Eyes Are Filled With Tears Over Opobo And Bonny by HornyTave: 9:07am On Sep 06, 2021
Eastlink:
Trying to shift from the topic again after being beaten with facts in your initial claims.

slim75d doesn't need to post pictures of textbooks or videos to prove anything. He is from Opobo and you're not. it is his word against yours, before I take you serious pls answer these
1. Which state are from?
2. How many states have you lived in ( not less than 3 months )
3. Apart from textbooks, have you made research journies?
4. Also, have you been to bonny and opobo?
Re: My Eyes Are Filled With Tears Over Opobo And Bonny by HornyTave: 9:13am On Sep 06, 2021
afube:

Ogbemudia is Igbo you Fulani heathen from Guinea.........which visa you take enter naija sef?

Which of the Ogbemudia? is it the one the stadium in Benin is named after or is there any other Ogbemudia?
Re: My Eyes Are Filled With Tears Over Opobo And Bonny by HornyTave: 9:16am On Sep 06, 2021
OfoIgbo:

Pegersid is also not an Igbo name, yet his Igboness is not in doubt and he personally proclaimed.

Ijaws in Ubani were mere migrant porters and menial labourers. Nothing more nothing less

Oga we need names not long story.

give us names or you're lying.
Re: My Eyes Are Filled With Tears Over Opobo And Bonny by Idiko1: 9:17am On Sep 06, 2021
techwaya:
It shocks me how Nigeria has divided the Igbos nation War is truly a bad thing.. cry

All our lives the we were made to believe Igboland starts and ends in the southeast,i just watched a video of opobo language it shocked me me that i cam understand their dialect better than Owerri dialect it is pure central Igbo the same as the one spoken in obigbo were i grew up , later they will say Igboland is landlocked thanks to ipob,an Igbo only Biafra is 100 percent viable .

The bolded can only be valid if you were born and grew up in Obigbo after Nigeria/Biafra war.
Re: My Eyes Are Filled With Tears Over Opobo And Bonny by HornyTave: 9:21am On Sep 06, 2021
SlayerForever:
[s][/s]

One can be Fubara and be Igbo if they are in proximity to non Igbos.

In Nsukka they bear Idoma and Igala names, takes nothing from their Igbo identity.
In Delta, they bear Urhobo/Edo names whilst being Igbos.
In Ebonyi they bear some Ejagham/Ekoi names. They are yet Igbos.

Perekule is as recent as WhatsApp. That name is disgusting for a royalty because it is fake, a creek fabrication.

Opubo is Ama-Opobo, Opobo town.

are you talking of Ika and Anioma cause last time I checked, when they speak, a Bini man will understand small
Re: My Eyes Are Filled With Tears Over Opobo And Bonny by Faber(m): 9:21am On Sep 06, 2021
The best thread so far

2 Likes

Re: My Eyes Are Filled With Tears Over Opobo And Bonny by Idiko1: 9:23am On Sep 06, 2021
slim75d:
i am a full fledged opobo son from Dappa's war canoe house. Yes we speak a mixture of ibani/ijaw wit igbo. That does not make us igbos our culture, traditions are all ijoid, so look for a brother that have access to the atlantic some where else

Shut up your putrid mouth. Which Dappa, war and canoe house? Who fights a war with mere canoe?

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Atiku To Speak At Chatham House! / John Fashanu Appears As Character Witness In Ibori's Sentencing / Onitsha Bridge Is Vibrating And May Collapse

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.