Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,726 members, 7,816,986 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:10 PM

My Eyes Are Filled With Tears Over Opobo And Bonny - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / My Eyes Are Filled With Tears Over Opobo And Bonny (11812 Views)

Ijaws And Igbos Only, Let's Explore Peaceful Setlements In Opobo And Bonny / Wake Up Call To Igbos, Proof They Are Ijaw-nizing Opobo And Bonny / Ijaw In Shock As Opobo And Bonny Are Revealed As Igbos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Eyes Are Filled With Tears Over Opobo And Bonny by taretoofine(m): 9:23am On Sep 06, 2021
BKayy:

Ubani worshipped Monito lizard before the Easter of 1826 my dear stranger.
Now look at the picture below.
It clearly defines the demographics of the area, the owners, People's ethnicity and made no mention of Ijaw.
Nobody doubts whether Ndigbo were shipped of through Ubani ports or not because the documents show the people that were shipped off, clearly acknowledging their existence (Ibo, Ibibio etc) as well as making clear who the natives of Ubani are. Nowhere was Ijaw mentioned showing that it was not existing then.
The reason why Ijaw wasn't mentioned was because Ijaw was not existing at that time (early 19th century)
Those that later incorporated Epie lands, Brass peoples land etc to form new Ijaw ethnicity were guarding British ships at that time.

I quote "During the reign of Opubo Fubara Pepple (1792-1830) himself originally of Ibo descent, as where many of the principal slave traders, life in Bonny was rigorous"
I guess this settles this debate..
I love debate with facts.

5 Likes

Re: My Eyes Are Filled With Tears Over Opobo And Bonny by Faber(m): 9:25am On Sep 06, 2021
BiafraInc:

Mumu. And all of a sudden the so-called slave Igbos outnumbered your so-called Ijaw owners of the land and change their language and culture to Igbo? Some of you propagandists are so daft and dumb it beggars belief. Use your kai-kai brain for once in your miserable life. We haven't even started. This is the beginning as we are going to go big-time into Wikipedia to re-write all the revisionism you kai-kai drunkards wrote on Opogo and Bonny. Land thieves!!

Good one. The bolded says it all.

3 Likes

Re: My Eyes Are Filled With Tears Over Opobo And Bonny by SlayerForever: 9:32am On Sep 06, 2021
[s]
HornyTave:

are you talking of Ika and Anioma cause last time I checked, when they speak, a Bini man will understand small
[/s]

Rubbish.

5 Likes

Re: My Eyes Are Filled With Tears Over Opobo And Bonny by Arda1000(m): 9:32am On Sep 06, 2021
HornyTave:

are you talking of Ika and Anioma cause last time I checked, when they speak, a Bini man will understand small
u should have said they understand everything why small na

9 Likes

Re: My Eyes Are Filled With Tears Over Opobo And Bonny by SlayerForever: 9:33am On Sep 06, 2021
Idiko1:

Shut up your putrid mouth. Which Dappa, war and canoe house? Who fights a war with mere canoe?

6 Likes

Re: My Eyes Are Filled With Tears Over Opobo And Bonny by Arda1000(m): 9:36am On Sep 06, 2021
Idiko1:

The bolded can only be valid if you were born and grew up in Obigbo after Nigeria/Biafra war.
incase you don’t know central Igbo is still the lingua Franca in Obigbo,poster from breweries like Hero etc are used in central Igbo just like you see in Onitsha/Asaba etc so what he said is still valid

8 Likes

Re: My Eyes Are Filled With Tears Over Opobo And Bonny by BanevsJoker(m): 9:39am On Sep 06, 2021
Nyamiri:

Amaechi bears Rotimi, Ojo Madueke bears a Yoruba name. You never see Yorubas claiming them. That is why you Igbos always sound foolish with these gumbody schemes.
You can't do Ika people anything. You can't do Ikwerre or Etche people anything. If you could, why did your fathers abandon their properties and run off?
The Ojo in Ojo Madueke is an Igbo name.

5 Likes

Re: My Eyes Are Filled With Tears Over Opobo And Bonny by Idiko1: 9:43am On Sep 06, 2021
Nyamiri:

Go and collect your properties from Ikeerre, Etche and other people in Port Harcourt.
You didn't learn from how Gen. Ogbemudia handled Biafrans, you will learn it again.

There are too many kids on Nairaland these days. Is it the same Samuel Ogbemudia who ran past his father's compound to take refugee in Onitsha when being pursued by Buka Dimka?

8 Likes

Re: My Eyes Are Filled With Tears Over Opobo And Bonny by Idiko1: 9:46am On Sep 06, 2021
slim75d:

jaja threw every ibo heritage he had the day his greedy parents/ tribe sold him out for slavery, he never saw himself as an iboman, if he had he wouldn't have called himself amayanabo instead of igwe and named the new kingdom opubo which an ijaw word and other ijaw tradition

You simply write like a fool. You are the reason Nigeria is called basket of fools. He was sold into slavery by slave raiders not his parents.

10 Likes

Re: My Eyes Are Filled With Tears Over Opobo And Bonny by Nobody: 9:48am On Sep 06, 2021
SlyDev:
Igbo land start and end in South East..... MO of ibo and Fulani is d same.... Migrate and breed non stop till they outnumber their host.... Then use back door to rule the host.... Yoruba are only lucky they have very much population.... Hausa is more useful than two of them.... God bless yoruba people

Hmmmm... interestingly enough, the only two ethnic groups that have used the word "dominate" in Nigeria with regards to other ethnicities are the Fulanis and the Igbos.

Just saying...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Eyes Are Filled With Tears Over Opobo And Bonny by theInterpreter: 10:10am On Sep 06, 2021
eduj:

Point is, just as the "copied from elsewhere and modified" agbada became a clothing identity of the Yoruba men, just as the fulani,ijaw and others have there distinct traditional attaires, the war cap became an Igbo identity.

No other ethnic group wears that war cap except the igbo
that's a lie
Àgbàdá was not from outside Yoruba land
We've been wearing àgbàdá for almost a thousand years
So if you can't bring evidence that it was copied
Have you heard of isolated development?

But the case is very different for eboe
The cap is barely a hundred years old undecided

And ikwerre and other minorities use that cap

1 Like

Re: My Eyes Are Filled With Tears Over Opobo And Bonny by theInterpreter: 10:11am On Sep 06, 2021
BanevsJoker:

The Ojo in Ojo Madueke is an Igbo name.
Is Rótìmí eboe? grin
Re: My Eyes Are Filled With Tears Over Opobo And Bonny by Idiko1: 10:37am On Sep 06, 2021
Eastlink:
Ok, admittedly he had his faults but his attitude of always wanting to force his ideals on our throats is my problem with him. Always finding enemies and saboteurs in the quest for Biafra.
IPOB is focused on things that have less affects on Ndigbo.

For me I’m a realist. And I believe we are faced with a lot of distractions that the Biafran struggle has blinded us to see. We’ve been relegated in every sphere in this country. Partly by government and largely by our own attitudes to fight battles that isn't our business. We never put our interest first that’s why we’ve become the laughing stock in PDP. We need a group like the INC or Great Benin Descendants in Igboland. One who's focus is fighting for everything Igbo interest in Nigeria. Territorially, culturally and politically. Not Ohaneze and not IPOB/MASSOB.

Igbo interest alone and nothing else.

Which country if I may ask? It is funny for a person who want to believe he/she is realist yet refer to a shithole as country. What a country indeed.

3 Likes

Re: My Eyes Are Filled With Tears Over Opobo And Bonny by Idiko1: 10:41am On Sep 06, 2021
Walkee:
Ogbemudia is Igbo? grin grin
You guys are serious clowns

I guess he/she who does not know is a clown. Where did this statement leave you?

2 Likes

Re: My Eyes Are Filled With Tears Over Opobo And Bonny by Walkee: 10:58am On Sep 06, 2021
Idiko1:

I guess he/she who does not know is a clown. Where did this statement leave you?
what exactly are you trying to say?
Re: My Eyes Are Filled With Tears Over Opobo And Bonny by HornyTave: 11:16am On Sep 06, 2021
Arda1000:
u should have said they understand everything why small na

because I don't peddle lies like you.

come and tell me why Ibos don't understand Agbor and why Obiaroko understand both Ibo and Kwale.
Re: My Eyes Are Filled With Tears Over Opobo And Bonny by Idiko1: 11:21am On Sep 06, 2021
Arda1000:
incase you don’t know central Igbo is still the lingua Franca in Obigbo,poster from breweries like Hero etc are used in central Igbo just like you see in Onitsha/Asaba etc so what he said is still valid

Not so!!! Anybody born in Obigbo before the Nigeria/Biafra war must know that Opu obu (Opobo) or Igwenga does not belong to Ijaw. The poster's bewilderment on learning Igbo is a native language of Opu obu (Opobo) or Igwenga shows he is after-war-kid.

4 Likes

Re: My Eyes Are Filled With Tears Over Opobo And Bonny by Idiko1: 11:23am On Sep 06, 2021
Walkee:
what exactly are you trying to say?

"You guys are serious clowns"

1 Like

Re: My Eyes Are Filled With Tears Over Opobo And Bonny by Arda1000(m): 12:34pm On Sep 06, 2021
HornyTave:

because I don't peddle lies like you.

come and tell me why Ibos don't understand Agbor and why Obiaroko understand both Ibo and Kwale.
ignorant is a very bad disease but if u will only mellow down I will care it from u.
Am Igbo from Ebonyi state,I understand Agbor than even Abakaliki who I share the same state with,now to break it down in a layman understanding,Igbo is an ethnic Nation( with different tribes and dialects which is mutually intelligible to us,anyone born and brought up Igbo can understand Agbor to some level of degree depending on the individual ability to listen and understand,stop asking useless,I understand Kwale,my uncle best friend Chukwuma is from there.

2 Likes

Re: My Eyes Are Filled With Tears Over Opobo And Bonny by Walkee: 12:36pm On Sep 06, 2021
Idiko1:

"You guys are serious clowns"
rubbish. You don't even know what you're trying to say. Is it everything you people want to claim?
When did Ogbemudia become an Igbo name?
Re: My Eyes Are Filled With Tears Over Opobo And Bonny by Nobody: 12:53pm On Sep 06, 2021
theInterpreter:
that's a lie
Àgbàdá was not from outside Yoruba land
We've been wearing àgbàdá for almost a thousand years
So if you can't bring evidence that it was copied
Have you heard of isolated development?

But the case is very different for eboe
The cap is barely a hundred years old undecided

And ikwerre and other minorities use that cap

We have been wearing the ishiagu for a million years- oya bring evidence

1 Like

Re: My Eyes Are Filled With Tears Over Opobo And Bonny by theInterpreter: 12:56pm On Sep 06, 2021
eduj:

We have been wearing the ishiagu for a million years- oya bring evidence
look at Yoruba sculptures
Listen to our folklore

Isiagu is less than 100 years old and you know that
Re: My Eyes Are Filled With Tears Over Opobo And Bonny by Fejoku: 1:16pm On Sep 06, 2021
afube:

There is freedom of worship in Igboland the last time I checked, history is by and large subjective.....all you need to do is to issue rebuttals to any teachings of MNK you do not agree with. Ok, we should become pacifists and be rendered homeless by marauding Fulanis just like the hapless benue indigenes ! bros you no get case!
Eastlink was a guy I had regard for until recently. His contributions have been immense towards the cause of Igbos but it's difficult to understand his outburst and disregard for MNK and IPOB. Today, I question the motive behind any contribution from him.
Nigeria is already on the path of collapse like a domino and every intelligent person must help to form a protective barrier for his territory leaving any internal difference for now. Before joining IPOB, I did discuss with the then members stating my area of disagreement and bringing suggestions on how things can be better. I came to realize over time that my input will be more effective when I become a member which is what I did. Truly, I can say that I helped improve the movement. This is why I'm very proud of the group today. Let us try to be wholistic in our approach to our issues in Nigeria. A whole barrage of destructive plots were hatched against us to utterly finish us but thanks to God that today, we survived and even above it have made a great come back. The least we can do is to allow petty recognition to be a clog in the wheel of our progress. Let us focus on our mission and leave recognition for when the dust has settled.

1 Like

Re: My Eyes Are Filled With Tears Over Opobo And Bonny by oyatz(m): 1:58pm On Sep 06, 2021
slim75d:
i am a full fledged opobo son from Dappa's war canoe house. Yes we speak a mixture of ibani/ijaw wit igbo. That does not make us igbos our culture, traditions are all ijoid, so look for a brother that have access to the atlantic some where else

Are you sure you are not Igbos?

Re: My Eyes Are Filled With Tears Over Opobo And Bonny by oyatz(m): 2:10pm On Sep 06, 2021
5ThChild:

Instead of you to make friends with the Niger-delta people, you are making foes of them. Isn't that unwise ?
They are the only people that holds the chance of realizing anything Biafra

You are weak, accept that fact. Chose your enemies wisely

Their modern generation don't have the necessary diplomatic attitudes needed in a heterogeneous country like Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: My Eyes Are Filled With Tears Over Opobo And Bonny by oyatz(m): 2:18pm On Sep 06, 2021
Shokoloko:

It is impossible that slaves will be allowed to form a cult

It is impossible that a deity of the slaves would be allowed to roam the village swallowing children

Why would the King Opubo Pepple refer to the Ibo sacred reptile as "his" fetish or juju?

In human sociology, never say anything is impossible.

Ex-black slaves in Brazil, Cuba and other countries Latin America have their own religious cults and deities like The Santeria Cult.

Yeah, the leader of a community can adopt any religion or worship any deity that provide solutions to his (mostly political) problems especially in a highly superstitious environment like African societies in the 19th century.

1 Like

Re: My Eyes Are Filled With Tears Over Opobo And Bonny by BiafraAburi: 2:25pm On Sep 06, 2021
theInterpreter:
Is Rótìmí eboe? grin
Rotimi in Igbo is a nick name while Ojo is an actual name being used by Igbos of Abiriba and Ohafia side where Ojo Maduekwe comes from.

1 Like

Re: My Eyes Are Filled With Tears Over Opobo And Bonny by Ekealterego: 2:25pm On Sep 06, 2021
Fejoku:

Eastlink was a guy I had regard for until recently. His contributions have been immense towards the cause of Igbos but it's difficult to understand his outburst and disregard for MNK and IPOB. Today, I question the motive behind any contribution from him.
Nigeria is already on the path of collapse like a domino and every intelligent person must help to form a protective barrier for his territory leaving an internal difference for now. Before joining IPOB, I dis discuss with the then members stating my area of disagreement and bringing suggestions on how things can be better. I came to realize over time that my input will be more effective when I become a member which is what I did. Truly, I can say that I helped improved the movement. This is why I'm very proud of the group today. Let us try to be wholistic in our approach to our issues in Nigeria. A whole barrage of destructive plots were hatched against us to utterly finish us but thanks to God that today, we survived and even above it have made a great come back. We least we can do is to allow petty recognition to be a clog in the wheel of our progress. Let us focus on our mission and leave recognition for when the dust has settled.
You have to understand that people like Eastlink, Abagworo, Odenigbo and all these older people on this forum, though good but were also for the most irresponsible disgraceful episode of disunity and washing of dirty lies on this forum about Igbos.
They opened thread upon thread destroying our images but attacking every corner of Igbo city.
People like Bigfrancis1 can be said to be more neutral and matured and probably contributed more (maybe because he was an admin).

These first group ended up causing so much harm and scar on our image for that period that almost all the information you could use against Igbos was picked up from their threads.
Many of them have joined one political party or the other. Take Abagworo for example.

2 Likes

Re: My Eyes Are Filled With Tears Over Opobo And Bonny by BiafraAburi: 2:44pm On Sep 06, 2021
oyatz:

Are you sure you are not Igbos?
He is not Igbo, but a migrant Ijaw into Opobo, Same as we have migrant IleUbinu children that calls themselves Benin today, into Anioma Igboland. This set of people are the ones creating problems for us all the time and are being propped up by the lagos-ibadan expressway gutter media of the yorubas. We must be mean and brutal in rebutting them with FACTS until they all fizzle out. Our land starts from Igbanke all the way to the Atlantic ocean and there is nothing any living or dead rat can do about it.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Eyes Are Filled With Tears Over Opobo And Bonny by BiafraAburi: 2:47pm On Sep 06, 2021
Idiko1:

Which country if I may ask? It is funny for a person who want to believe he/she is realist yet refer to a shithole as country. What a country indeed.
Don't mind that dunce. We have said it that anyone who still believes in that contraption called nigeria needs be checked into a psychiatric hospital for mental evaluation.
Re: My Eyes Are Filled With Tears Over Opobo And Bonny by BiafraAburi: 2:49pm On Sep 06, 2021
oyatz:

Their modern generation don't have the necessary diplomatic attitudes needed in a heterogeneous country like Nigeria.
Our fathers that used your so-called diplomacy, where did it get them?
Re: My Eyes Are Filled With Tears Over Opobo And Bonny by slim75d(m): 3:58pm On Sep 06, 2021
ranting on social media will not change bonny and opobo from being an ijaw nation. That will not change the name of the king to eze of one autonomous community with red mould and thick forest

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Train Attack: Chinelo Caused Her Own Death / PDP State Chairmen Divided Over Demand For Ayu’s Sack, Single Term For Atiku / Wike Warns Politicians In FCT Not To Obstruct His Work

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.