Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,935 members, 7,828,269 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 07:41 AM

German Embassy And Visa - Travel (417) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / German Embassy And Visa (886234 Views)

How Easy Is Getting Admission Into Netherlands Univeristies And Visa / Nigerian Embassy And Police Report / My Experience At The German Embassy Yesterdav. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (414) (415) (416) (417) (418) (419) (420) ... (481) (Go Down)

Re: German Embassy And Visa by Nobody: 4:22pm On Sep 29, 2014
researchQ:
Thank God you work in WAEC. please I wrote Waec in a certain school some years ago but I was only given statement of result. I need the certificate now but couldn't please does Waec keep another copy with them in their office?

Nope, u can only collect d certificate from your school assuming its may/June exam. Only one is printed for each candidate. If its gone, its gone
Re: German Embassy And Visa by nevilbot: 4:33pm On Sep 29, 2014
yettyclesia: congratulations ,I would like to ask when you did your interview, because I have been waiting for their reply ,I did mine sept 4th

August 8
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Obinnio: 5:04pm On Sep 29, 2014
I just enrolled for the language course in my Side today, please guys, what's the level requirement for admission, I hear B1 and some say B2, I and last question, Do I need to go to Goethe to write A1 then A2 to B2 or do I study all the levels and register for the B2 exam, In essence I mean, must one pass each level exam before Goethe allows You to write next level. THANKS
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Obinnio: 5:08pm On Sep 29, 2014
Horatio27: did I mention that the exam is very hard? with only waec knowledge you will come out with E or even U
boss You miss understood me, I never asked for tips if it's hard or not cos I'm ready for any Exam, I'm just asking if You know the time of the year A'level takes place,
Re: German Embassy And Visa by kennycanny: 5:15pm On Sep 29, 2014
ebele17:

Nope, u can only collect d certificate from your school assuming its may/June exam. Only one is printed for each candidate. If its gone, its gone

There is error on date of birth on my WAEC certificate. can it be corrected. pls what are d steps to get it corrected if its possible.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Eke40seven(m): 5:53pm On Sep 29, 2014
My guys asking for A level exams. From what I can deduce, German schools accept most of the internally recognised A Levels like Cambridge A level and UK GCE A level. Just A levels generally.
However before you start grinning from ear to ear, note that passing A level is no child's play. It is not your regular GCE and "special centres" waec exams o. You will need tutorials and trust me, they don't come cheap. most of the exams are done twice in a year but meeting up with the requirements is another matter. Doe those in science courses, intensive practice on practicals are very essential. It is almost impossible to pass then with only O'level knowledge, except you are 'the rainman'. That said, you should also endeavour to send the school a mail telling them the credentials you are applying with so that they can put you through so you don't waste your money and time.
Go to your nearest tutorial centre for more information on the time and cost of preparing for this exam.
Hope you find it useful.
Good luck!

1 Like

Re: German Embassy And Visa by Eke40seven(m): 5:58pm On Sep 29, 2014
Obinnio: I just enrolled for the language course in my Side today, please guys, what's the level requirement for admission, I hear B1 and some say B2, I and last question, Do I need to go to Goethe to write A1 then A2 to B2 or do I study all the levels and register for the B2 exam, In essence I mean, must one pass each level exam before Goethe allows You to write next level. THANKS
1. Google "daad German language requirements for university admission" for more information.

2. Yes, you must pass one level in order to move to the next. Check the website I sent you earlier for more confirmation. CHECK O! but u remember reading it. EVERY INFORMATION you need is on their website.

james2020:
Eke nwannem, how much does someonee need to gain admission for masters. whats the cheapest school and how much does embassy neeed in my account for the visa

Chai! Nwanne, You want Naijaobi to come and spoonfeed you? grin.
Just read the last 20-30 pages and you will get sufficient information.
1. However, to start with, German public schools are 1. mostly TUITION FREE (my course excluded) except for some MBA courses and a very few cases like mine. Most of the time, you may be charged a semester fee (token ranging from as low as €60-€300) payable every semester which covers most of the time semester ticket for transportation around your city and subsidized meals. check www.daad.de for more info or Google "daad international students English".

2.The embassy will require you deposit approximately 7930 euros in a blocked account in Deutsche Bank.
or you could alternatively get a sponsor that resides in Germany to stand for you.
just read through the last 100 pages and you will not regret you did.
Hope you find it useful.
Good luck!
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Horatio27: 6:22pm On Sep 29, 2014
Obinnio: boss You miss understood me, I never asked for tips if it's hard or not cos I'm ready for any Exam, I'm just asking if You know the time of the year A'level takes place,
I like your spirit. but its best you get tutorials from a school dat specialize on it
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Nobody: 7:06pm On Sep 29, 2014
Please guys my health insurance today from iGI was 7000naire.abeg I wan know wether them don dey oluwole ,cause I read from here that it was 14500naire,so I was surprised when they told me today that is 7k.make una help answer this question before person go present fake health insurance for embassy
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Nobody: 7:08pm On Sep 29, 2014
This was the address l used
Eke40seven:

Congrats to you two. I tap into your testimonies.
The IGI HQ is in VI, same area with the German embassy. You can get the 3 months travel visa for 14K5. With a KeKe Napep or Okada, it is less than 10 mins away. The address is:
Head Office Plot 741, Adeola Hopewell Street
Victoria Island Lagos , Nigeria.
Telephone: (01)6215010-4.
Good luck!
Re: German Embassy And Visa by mokaz: 7:50pm On Sep 29, 2014
Hello graciousme.....check this post from Phucado.....its useful and lots of people have funded their accounts through this means..... Hope its helpful.
graciousme: Please i need information on how to fund the blocked account from a naira account. This is urgent pls.

1 Like 4 Shares

Re: German Embassy And Visa by yettyclesia: 8:49pm On Sep 29, 2014
nevilbot:

August 8
wow !that was pretty long,
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Eke40seven(m): 8:54pm On Sep 29, 2014
betty55: This was the address l used
betty55: Please guys my health insurance today from iGI was 7000naire.abeg I wan know wether them don dey oluwole ,cause I read from here that it was 14500naire,so I was surprised when they told me today that is 7k.make una help answer this question before person go present fake health insurance for embassy
betty55: This was the address l used
Chinekeme! see set up!
So Betty, if there was truly a problem of fraud, I would have been held liable for the misfortune and probably the police will be called up on me and my monicker tarnished on NL forever. chai! Nna eh!
This Nairaland thing is actually dangerous o!
However, thank God I am always careful with whatever information I share and make sure I always follow reliable links and state clearly when am not sure about the veracity of my opinions.
Here is a link on IGI's OFFICIAL WEBSITE showing the contact I posted. check it out yourself.
http://iginigeria.com/?_path=_branch_locator

Here below is a story I culled from Linda Ikeji Blog of yesterday, you can go there and check it out:
"Insurance guru and vice chairman/CEO of IGI, Remi Olowude passed away in the early hours of today Sunday September 28th in a hospital in the US. Mr Olowude had been ill for a while before he died. May his soul rest in peace, Amen."
I don't know if this occurrence is related to the reduction in prices. Just saying!

Abeg o! am scared o, abi make I dey put disclaimer remark abi make u dey run?. Please guys always try to confirm the information you are given here o.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by graciousme(f): 9:06pm On Sep 29, 2014
Thanks. The bank refused me Form A. They said the recipient name is my name rather than the school name. Tried explaining the blocked account stuff to no avail. I decided to move the money to another bank and alas I would be charged like 40k.
CBN regulations of 10,000dollars limit per day also limited the amount I could deposit or transfer.

In all,God is faithful.

mokaz: Hello graciousme.....check this post from Phucado.....its useful and lots of people have funded their accounts through this means..... Hope its helpful.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Nobody: 9:31pm On Sep 29, 2014
[Please my brother don,t take it personal,just wanted to be on the save side.even my friend did his for 20k by alico.so me l come dey suprise for the 7k.anyway l am going for my visa tmrwquote author=Eke40seven]
Chinekeme! see set up!
So Betty, if there was truly a problem of fraud, I would have been held liable for the misfortune and probably the police will be called up on me and my monicker tarnished on NL forever. chai! Nna eh!
This Nairaland thing is actually dangerous o!
However, thank God I am always careful with whatever information I share and make sure I always follow reliable links and state clearly when am not sure about the veracity of my opinions.
Here is a link on IGI's OFFICIAL WEBSITE showing the contact I posted. check it out yourself.
http://iginigeria.com/?_path=_branch_locator

Here below is a story I culled from Linda Ikeji Blog of yesterday, you can go there and check it out:
"Insurance guru and vice chairman/CEO of IGI, Remi Olowude passed away in the early hours of today Sunday September 28th in a hospital in the US. Mr Olowude had been ill for a while before he died. May his soul rest in peace, Amen."
I don't know if this occurrence is related to the reduction in prices. Just saying!

Abeg o! am scared o, abi make I dey put disclaimer remark abi make u dey run?. Please guys always try to confirm the information you are given here o.[/quote]
Re: German Embassy And Visa by xij38580: 9:55pm On Sep 29, 2014
This may sound funny but I'd like to understand how the health insurance works. What happens if a person doesn't fall ill or use the health system during the coverage period, what happens to the insurance contribution made ?

Congrats to everyone who got theirs
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Eke40seven(m): 9:58pm On Sep 29, 2014
betty55: [Please my brother don,t take it personal,just wanted to be on the save side.even my friend did his for 20k by alico.so me l come dey suprise for the 7k.anyway l am going for my visa tmrw
I'm not saying you should not be on the safe side, its actually very good sister that you did, what I was against was the way you hanged me out to dry by quoting me as a way to blame whatever misfortune which may arise without actually confirming if it was really the right information. Someone else pointed it to me and explained it in the way I spelt out my actual thought earlier.
If you had confirmed it from official links you wouldn't have quoted me. I'm not taking it personal, in fact, i'm a bit on the light hearted side and that was the same approach i subtly used in my earlier post.
I posted that it was N14k5 too in my post and am even surprised that you got it for N7k. Did you confirm that its 3 months and did you confirm that its actually the right insurance package?
I'm waiting for your testimony tomorrow.
Regards.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by tayoslayer(m): 11:32pm On Sep 29, 2014
graciousme:
Thanks. The bank refused me Form A. They said the recipient name is my name rather than the school name. Tried explaining the blocked account stuff to no avail. I decided to move the money to another bank and alas I would be charged like 40k.
CBN regulations of 10,000dollars limit per day also limited the amount I could deposit or transfer.

In all,God is faithful.

wow, that was unfortunate, undecided40k! Thanks for sharing your experience though. I was thinking you should try another branch of the bank as a last option if you have the time, since it has been successful for someone else. Sometimes when the game changes you can also change the players and things might just playout better with a less paranoid banker. Just thinking aloud. I think what people should learn from this, is that it is better to talk with the people in charge at the bank before making such transactions just to be on the safe side. Mein zwei Loffel

1 Like

Re: German Embassy And Visa by AgentONE(m): 2:13am On Sep 30, 2014
Pls house I'll like to know if d NOUN 100 level result is accepted under the category of "100 level results" for application to German unis for Bsc?
Re: German Embassy And Visa by AgentONE(m): 2:14am On Sep 30, 2014
Pls house I'll like to know if d NOUN 100 level result is accepted under the category of "100 level results" for application to German unis for Bsc?
Re: German Embassy And Visa by DANNIEmore: 3:07am On Sep 30, 2014
graciousme:

In all,God is faithful.

@ Graciousme, I would suggest you try 'Tayoslayers' opinion(try another branch of the union bank), 'if' you would have the time because,I personally went to their branch yesterday for same enquiries and they confirmed its possibility moving the cash over to the DB via a normal savings account(with all documentations involved stating the transfer purpose,etc) @ a rate of 215 and the lady said the charges would be approximately 64 dollars(equivalent in naira) for the 8040Euros.. She was very excited and wanted me to do it urgently(seems them they find customers) and even collected my phone number promising she would call me if I dont come back for the transaction since I promised getting back to her within the week. Sometimes,it is obvious some staffs are very more knowledgeable than others either within same or different bank and/or branches cos,similar thing happened again to me when I asked someone in Firstbank and she said its possible meanwhile another said its not possible using the form A, and that I cant even buy foreign currencies using a valid visa and ticket reservation because of already having a Naira mastercard..So, just try to check another branch to see if there could be anyway out because that would save cost to a very large extent: That's, 'if' you have got the time...

Stay Blessed!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: German Embassy And Visa by Generalkorex(m): 6:43am On Sep 30, 2014
AgentONE: Pls house I'll like to know if d NOUN 100 level result is accepted under the category of "100 level results" for application to German unis for Bsc?
yes it is .Eke40seven shade lite on this earlier.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by naijaobi(m): 9:34am On Sep 30, 2014
DANNIEmore:

@ Graciousme, I would suggest you try 'Tayoslayers' opinion(try another branch of the union bank), 'if' you would have the time because,I personally went to their branch yesterday for same enquiries and they confirmed its possibility moving the cash over to the DB via a normal savings account(with all documentations involved stating the transfer purpose,etc) @ a rate of 215 and the lady said the charges would be approximately 64 dollars(equivalent in naira) for the 8040Euros.. She was very excited and wanted me to do it urgently(seems them they find customers) and even collected my phone number promising she would call me if I dont come back for the transaction since I promised getting back to her within the week. Sometimes,it is obvious some staffs are very more knowledgeable than others either within same or different bank and/or branches cos,similar thing happened again to me when I asked someone in Firstbank and she said its possible meanwhile another said its not possible using the form A, and that I cant even buy foreign currencies using a valid visa and ticket reservation because of already having a Naira mastercard..So, just try to check another branch to see if there could be anyway out because that would save cost to a very large extent: That's, 'if' you have got the time...

Stay Blessed!
what u'll transfer is 8090 euros oo..not 8040. You transfer 8090, db bank collects 50 leaving you with 8040.
If you transfer only 8040, they'll still collect there 50 leaving u with 7990 euros which is not the correct amount expected to be in a blocked account.

1 Like

Re: German Embassy And Visa by DANNIEmore: 9:42am On Sep 30, 2014
naijaobi:
what u'll transfer is 8090 euros oo..not 8040. You transfer 8090, db bank collects 50 leaving you with 8040.
If you transfer only 8040, they'll still collect there 50 leaving u with 7990 euros which is not the correct amount expected to be in a blocked account.

@ 9jaobi, oh yes I know but just missed that part out of it. Many thanks for the chip-in anyway!
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Belly213: 10:24am On Sep 30, 2014
@DannieMore

Pls kindly give me the name of bank you went thru and branch if possible ooo. I got my account details for a block account yesterday n went to FCMB to ask them abt it (because they have sent me a mail that they do overseas school fees transfer of funds from a naira account). They told me that it must be in the School account and my admission letter must state it. Please kindly tell me name of bank, even though euro has fallen to 208 as for today.....so 215 is still high but I wouldn't mind if I don't see an option till weekend( I learnt that on Fridays Euro is usually at lowest for the week in question ie last Friday it was 202.2). Thanks in anticipation.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by graciousme(f): 10:36am On Sep 30, 2014
Thanks guys. Time is not really my friend now. Coupled with the public holidays on the way. The embassy had sent mail requesting for the funds and resumption is in 3weeks.

My advice, put the Naira in a bank where u can do Form A or be prepared to buy the euros and transfer from your dom account. Limitations of Dom account: You can't move or deposit more than 10,000dollars per day. 8000euros is more than 10,000dollars so u might have to split the transfer.

It wasn't a pleasant experience but life goes on jare. I can't shout.

Cheers

DANNIEmore:

@ 9jaobi, oh yes I know but just missed that part out of it. Many thanks for the chip-in anyway!
Re: German Embassy And Visa by IllCheez: 10:48am On Sep 30, 2014
bobot: hello una well gone o u guys re doing a great job here

pls am in need of your aid guys

Friedrich-Alexander-Universität Erlangen-Nürnberg are thy nice to Nigerian

@Bobot, did you get accepted there?
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Obiwannn: 11:46am On Sep 30, 2014
Hmmm.... I have an urge to go through all the pages of this thread... Even though I kinda already know what I need... Anyways I'll drop this here : differences between a university of applied science and a university
http://www.zeit.de/;acressorts=hidden;r=reload;rcressortsB=ressortsSelected;rp=cu;st=0413ebcd1dc3adc0fc067fd064e35eb9;tcmenuOptions=hidden;tcmenuOptionsB=menuBSelected/online/2009/23/universitaet-versus-fachhochs?page=1
Re: German Embassy And Visa by dolpaz: 12:10pm On Sep 30, 2014
We already know this Obiwann, also, der seite ist nich gefunden

Congrats to Nevilbot and ebele.
The deutschland journey shall be a blessed one
Regards !
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Obinnio: 12:17pm On Sep 30, 2014
Horatio27: I like your spirit. but its best you get tutorials from a school dat specialize on it
that's what I am trying to do, I have enrolled for German Language, and will enroll for A'level next week, just asking if you know the time they usually write the exam so that I know if I can meet up or bid my time, but whatever is the case,GOOGLE is my friend, I'm grateful, You and Eke40seven have really helped a lot, THANKS BOSSES
Re: German Embassy And Visa by DANNIEmore: 1:44pm On Sep 30, 2014
Belly213: @DannieMore

Pls kindly give me the name of bank you went thru and branch if possible ooo. I got my account details for a block account yesterday n went to FCMB to ask them abt it (because they have sent me a mail that they do overseas school fees transfer of funds from a naira account). They told me that it must be in the School account and my admission letter must state it. Please kindly tell me name of bank, even though euro has fallen to 208 as for today.....so 215 is still high but I wouldn't mind if I don't see an option till weekend( I learnt that on Fridays Euro is usually at lowest for the week in question ie last Friday it was 202.2). Thanks in anticipation.

Sir, it was Union Bank and branch was- Ringroad,Benin city, Edo State.
Sure you could check any of their branches wherever you are,you might get a positive response.who knows?
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Akoachere: 1:50pm On Sep 30, 2014
Hello to the house,please how long does it take the schools in Germany to contact you that they have received your documents?
Thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (414) (415) (416) (417) (418) (419) (420) ... (481)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Travelling To Canada Part 11

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.