Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,202 members, 7,829,297 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 12:52 AM

German Embassy And Visa - Travel (418) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / German Embassy And Visa (886358 Views)

How Easy Is Getting Admission Into Netherlands Univeristies And Visa / Nigerian Embassy And Police Report / My Experience At The German Embassy Yesterdav. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (415) (416) (417) (418) (419) (420) (421) ... (481) (Go Down)

Re: German Embassy And Visa by Nobody: 1:51pm On Sep 30, 2014
No am thinking of choosin the sch so i need help thats y am here
IllCheez:

@Bobot, did you get accepted there?
Re: German Embassy And Visa by IllCheez: 2:00pm On Sep 30, 2014
bobot: No am thinking of choosin the sch so i need help thats y am here

Yes you can apply there. I did and got accepted, so you can also get accepted too. Going for Masters or Bachelors?
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Belly213: 3:21pm On Sep 30, 2014
@DannieMore

Thanks a million, I really appreciate your kindness. Wishing u d best life has to offer.

@ Akoachere

It depends on the school. Some schools gives you time frame for their response on their web page. Some don't. So it depends. U
Could also ask the schools you applied to.

1 Like

Re: German Embassy And Visa by Horatio27: 3:32pm On Sep 30, 2014
Obinnio: that's what I am trying to do, I have enrolled for German Language, and will enroll for A'level next week, just asking if you know the time they usually write the exam so that I know if I can meet up or bid my time, but whatever is the case,GOOGLE is umy friend, I'm grateful, You and Eke40seven have really helped a lot, THANKS BOSSES
registration for Oct/Nov have closed. may/June registration starts by Jan. thats d exam dates... results released on August and January respectively. you can pass d exam even with just 5 months of tuition ( but it takes 2 years typically) but trust 9ja. just remember to register for English language and mathematics even if it has nothing to do with you course want to study.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by AgentONE(m): 3:36pm On Sep 30, 2014
Gud day o...I have read through some of the previous pages and still I can't come to a conclusive end,even the information I translated on "anabin" didn't seem to help.So my ogas with much experience I nid putting through for dis matter...will it b sufficient for me to apply to german institutions directly with upper credit in OND combined with an excellent WAEC result? If I apply thru Uni-assist will my documents be submitted to the schools I applied for or will it be rejected?
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Horatio27: 3:39pm On Sep 30, 2014
AgentONE: Gud day o...I have read through some of the previous pages and still I can't come to a conclusive end,even the information I translated on "anabin" didn't seem to help.So my ogas with much experience I nid putting through for dis matter...will it b sufficient for me to apply to german institutions directly with upper credit in OND combined with an excellent WAEC result? If I apply thru Uni-assist will my documents be submitted to the schools I applied for or will it be rejected?
waec and ond is not enough
Re: German Embassy And Visa by AgentONE(m): 3:52pm On Sep 30, 2014
Horatio27: waec and ond is not enough
So that leaves me with d option of cambridge A-levels combined with WAEC.I Hope using A-levels will waive off d proefficiency of english requirement for english taught programs rite?
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Akoachere: 3:54pm On Sep 30, 2014
Belly213: @DannieMore

Thanks a million, I really appreciate your kindness. Wishing u d best life has to offer.

@ Akoachere

It depends on the school. Some schools gives you time frame for their response on their web page. Some don't. So it depends. U
Could also ask the schools you applied to.

Thanks very much
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Veryplain: 3:56pm On Sep 30, 2014
Horatio27: As far as its the Cambridge international A level, its accepted by all schools in Germany. but there are rules that apply. a person can take the exam as an external student but to pass it the person have to know book, not waec knowledge oo as in 100 level knowledge. its costly oo like 130000k for the exam.
@EKe40seven I thank you very much for a wonderful idea.@Horatio27 I just went through Rhine -waal university of applied science website and I found out some requirement for their course (international business )particularly!: CONDITIONS FOR ENTRANCE
Did we arouse your interest? The following
conditions for entrance entitle you to begin a
course with us:
1. Higher educational entrance qualification or
advanced technical college certification
2. An equivalently recognised educational
background
3. University entrance without university graduation:
these applicants will have vocational
qualifications.

so am suggesting since they said or advanced technical college certification ,I think we (those interested in international business in Rhine - Waal only) should register for ANBC(Advance National Business certificate ,that is conducted by National Business and Technical Education board).Am not 100% sure of admission but I think its worth trying instead of waiting for jamb to give you admission.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Horatio27: 3:58pm On Sep 30, 2014
AgentONE: So that leaves me with d option of cambridge A-levels combined with WAEC.I Hope using A-levels will waive off d proefficiency of english requirement for english taught programs rite?
depends on the school. some will require even UK citizens to write TOEFL. or you can spend one year in a Nigerian university instead of A level. but since you have ond already, i think A level will do you good.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Horatio27: 4:02pm On Sep 30, 2014
Veryplain: @EKe40seven I thank you very much for a wonderful idea.@Horatio27 I just went through Rhine -waal university of applied science website and I found out some requirement for their course (international business )particularly!: CONDITIONS FOR ENTRANCE
Did we arouse your interest? The following
conditions for entrance entitle you to begin a
course with us:
1. Higher educational entrance qualification or
advanced technical college certification
2. An equivalently recognised educational
background
3. University entrance without university graduation:
these applicants will have vocational
qualifications.

so am suggesting since they said or advanced technical college certification ,I think we (those interested in international business in Rhine - Waal only) should register for ANBC(Advance National Business certificate ,that is conducted by National Business and Technical Education board).Am not 100% sure of admission but I think its worth trying instead of waiting for jamb to give you admission.
its best if you email the school. but ANBC is not mentioned in Anabin.de so I don't think its recognized. best email d school
Re: German Embassy And Visa by dolpaz: 4:07pm On Sep 30, 2014
Hello Guys,

I noticed somthing about germany structure of schooling. For Bachelors, Some Hochschule and Fachhochschule requires at least B1 level for Bsc while most Universities requires B2. except for english taught courses.

I have series of emails to read and respond to, and trust me, over 12 of them asked for Minimum of B1 and either IELTS/TOEFL for english/german class. It really got me thinking if everybody here have learned the german language up to B1.

For Master's studiengange, they asked for a Minimum of B2 except english courses which requires IELTS as usual.. Now, apart from Rhine Waal and some schools which I felt comfy with. Is there a way to gain admission with A1/A2 then complete the language course over there in Germany??

This thing can be so tiring jare cry cry
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Horatio27: 5:04pm On Sep 30, 2014
dolpaz: Hello Guys,

I noticed somthing about germany structure of schooling. For Bachelors, Some Hochschule and Fachhochschule requires at least B1 level for Bsc while most Universities requires B2. except for english taught courses.

I have series of emails to read and respond to, and trust me, over 12 of them asked for Minimum of B1 and either IELTS/TOEFL for english/german class. It really got me thinking if everybody here have learned the german language up to B1.

For Master's studiengange, they asked for a Minimum of B2 except english courses which requires IELTS as usual.. Now, apart from Rhine Waal and some schools which I felt comfy with. Is there a way to gain admission with A1/A2 then complete the language course over there in Germany??

This thing can be so tiring jare cry cry
try uni Duisburg Essen... there are other schools like uni Bremen that don't require you to get admitted first.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by nevilbot: 5:09pm On Sep 30, 2014
dolpaz: We already know this Obiwann, also, der seite ist nich gefunden

Congrats to Nevilbot and ebele.
The deutschland journey shall be a blessed one
Regards !

Thanks I should be travelling one way by Turkish on sunday. Plz dos of us going make we rep Nigeria well too and remember the sons and daughters of who we are. Protect your family name, its very important

2 Likes

Re: German Embassy And Visa by dolpaz: 5:17pm On Sep 30, 2014
nevilbot:

Thanks I should be travelling one way by Turkish on sunday. Plz dos of us going make we rep Nigeria well too and remember the sons and daughters of who we are. Protect your family name, its very important

I am really happy for you after the un-easy you gave yourself..
I wish you all the best and remember the son of whom you are. My fear/worry is when you get to deutschland, you "May" also disappear because of the intensive education you are gonna face.. But in all, I wish you all the best and others seeking such testimonies, God will answer our prayers in earnest..

Remember what the bible said " He who watches over you neither sleep nor slumber" Go in peace brother ! cheesy wink

Are you going for M.sc or B.sc??
Re: German Embassy And Visa by dolpaz: 5:19pm On Sep 30, 2014
Horatio27: try uni Duisburg Essen... there are other schools like uni Bremen that don't require you to get admitted first.

Thank You Horatio for that opener..
In other words, you have a mail !
Re: German Embassy And Visa by PHILipu1(m): 6:13pm On Sep 30, 2014
Horatio27: try uni Duisburg Essen... there are other schools like uni Bremen that don't require you to get admitted first.
You mean it
thanks for the info
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Horatio27: 7:30pm On Sep 30, 2014
dolpaz:

Thank You Horatio for that opener..
In other words, you have a mail !
I've sent you a reply
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Veryplain: 7:37pm On Sep 30, 2014
Good day all,please has any one used transcript from National open university to apply for admission? please if yes how long those it take to complete one academic year (cos I would want to apply for winter 2015) and how fast can I get the transcript after a year studies.please await your replies.

please as #teamwinter 2014 travel for their studies let them go in peace and never forget us #teamwinter2015 ;DGood day all,please has any one used transcript from National open university to apply for admission? please if yes how long those it take to complete one academic year (cos I would want to apply for winter 2015) and how fast can I get the transcript after a year studies.please await your replies.

please as #teamwinter 2014 travel for their studies we wish all of you safe trip , and favour beyond your imagination .never forget us #teamwinter2015 and #teamwinter2015 let's work hard to get legible for admission come 2015
Re: German Embassy And Visa by dolpaz: 7:41pm On Sep 30, 2014
Horatio27: I've sent you a reply

Thanks.. received AND responded to .... wink wink
Re: German Embassy And Visa by dolpaz: 7:43pm On Sep 30, 2014
Veryplain: Good day all,please has any one used transcript from National open university to apply for admission? please if yes how long those it take to complete one academic year (cos I would want to apply for winter 2015) and how fast can I get the transcript after a year studies.please await your replies.

please as #teamwinter 2014 travel for their studies let them go in peace and never forget us #teamwinter2015 ;DGood day all,please has any one used transcript from National open university to apply for admission? please if yes how long those it take to complete one academic year (cos I would want to apply for winter 2015) and how fast can I get the transcript after a year studies.please await your replies.

please as #teamwinter 2014 travel for their studies we wish all of you safe trip , and favour beyond your imagination .never forget us #teamwinter2015 and #teamwinter2015 let's work hard to get legible for admission come 2015

Yes, you can use your 100 level result for admission into germany. how long does it take is left for NOUN to answer that.. undecided undecided
How fast you can get your transcript depends on how fast you can finish your programme between "Now" and December... lol cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Portablecece: 9:21pm On Sep 30, 2014
Thank you very much @Eke40seven. You are a life saver. I have certified the signature here in abuja nd booked d appointment wt the slip. Now I just have to wait for Thursday so I can send it to them via dhl.

Eke40seven:
1.The time taken in opening of the block account depends on how fast you can start and also the method you use.
a. Download the form from Deutsche Bank's website
b. Fill it (but don't sign)
c. Go to the German embassy in Lagos or Abuja to sign (they will charge you N4k)
d. Send it to them through either courier or NIPOST (this is where speed comes in to play)
e. They will likely reply you within 5 days or less after they receive it.
f. There is a slip that will be given to you at the embassy, you can book your appointment immediately with it coupled with your admission letter and passport (I stand to be corrected on this point)

2. According to the German embassy in Nigeria (2014),
"...official German declaration of sponsorship
(„Verpflichtungserklärung“) for the purpose of
studies/ language course given before the
competent German authority (Please note:
Financing is usually only secured if declarant
resides in Germany).."
Except he goes to Germany to get one for you or he contact someone to get it, I don't know if someone that resides there can get one by his authorisation. That will be for both of you to find out.

3. No, only in Lagos.

Note that this exchange rates changes almost everyday. just Google the exchange rate any day you plan to get one.
For instance, today, it is N208 approximately to one Euro and it has been at that rate for a week give or take one naira

The thing tire me to type o as am not with it now but a scanned copy is in my phone . Na phone I dey use type now. However, I have watermarked the scanned copy that I may upload but I don't know how safe that will be still.
May be you will send me your email here let me send you the one I watermarked or be patient till tomorrow I will post it then when am settled.

1 Like

Re: German Embassy And Visa by Portablecece: 9:28pm On Sep 30, 2014
Hello house. Pls is anyone going to Landau this winter? Or is anyone currently schooling there?
Re: German Embassy And Visa by esdajo: 9:29pm On Sep 30, 2014
House my school resumes on October 13th for lectures and my interview is in 2 days time, i.e October 2nd. I already funded my account, paid my tuition and have the invitation from the school, confirmation of account opening and funding intact plus I have packaged my application forms and documents in the order, i.e original copy and 2 photocopies of all my documents including credentials.

The question now is this; is it possible for the visa to be issued before school resumes as I have noticed on this forum that many a applicants visas were issued ranging from 2 weeks to 1 month if not more than after the interview day.

Please, I want to hear your comments as usual as I am somewhat uncomfortable but all my efforts to get an earlier date proved abortive until they changed the date from 6th of October to 2nd. Please, I need your comments on this house.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Andre09: 9:48pm On Sep 30, 2014
esdajo: House my school resumes on October 13th for lectures and my interview is in 2 days time, i.e October 2nd. I already funded my account, paid my tuition and have the invitation from the school, confirmation of account opening and funding intact plus I have packaged my application forms and documents in the order, i.e original copy and 2 photocopies of all my documents including credentials.

The question now is this; is it possible for the visa to be issued before school resumes as I have noticed on this forum that many a applicants visas were issued ranging from 2 weeks to 1 month if not more than after the interview day.

Please, I want to hear your comments as usual as I am somewhat uncomfortable but all my efforts to get an earlier date proved abortive until they changed the date from 6th of October to 2nd. Please, I need your comments on this house.

You should try writing to your school for a letter of extension, which you will take along with you to the embassy.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by esdajo: 10:06pm On Sep 30, 2014
Andre09:
You should try writing to your school for a letter of extension, which you will take along with you to the embassy.

@Andre09 Letter of extension for what?
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Andre09: 10:07pm On Sep 30, 2014
segadebayo: I'm most grateful to God for his blessings in my life and in a country were almost nothing works and we're ruled by SELFISH leaders a medium like this exist were Nigerians support one another, we would get there. I got that long awaited mail of (3 months insurance come and collect your visa). We would all get there, thanks guys and most of all Thank God.
Also am in search of cheap flights, planning to leave in a week or so (Emirates, Iberia any other ideas my Ogas and madams) thanks y'all

Congrats Bro. I did mine same day with you and still waiting for word from the embassy. I tap into your Blessing.

1 Like

Re: German Embassy And Visa by Andre09: 10:10pm On Sep 30, 2014
esdajo:

@Andre09 Letter of extension for what?

A letter from your school extending your date of resumption
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Nobody: 10:15pm On Sep 30, 2014
please house l am in serious trouble right now,l was attack today my robber,the cab man that took me from the embassy ataack me took all my original school papers my passport with visa my bank cards phone,l am soo confuse right now,my sister has already call the bundespolice in germany to block the visa,but my worried now is that embassy is not opening tomorrow due to public holiday,l don,t know if l can get a new passport imidiately in lagos or l have to go to abuja,don,t know what to think right now.my ticket has already been for friday.everything is soo confussing right now.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Horatio27: 10:42pm On Sep 30, 2014
betty55: please house l am in serious trouble right now,l was attack today my robber,the cab man that took me from the embassy ataack me took all my original school papers my passport with visa my bank cards phone,l am soo confuse right now,my sister has already call the bundespolice in germany to block the visa,but my worried now is that embassy is not opening tomorrow due to public holiday,l don,t know if l can get a new passport imidiately in lagos or l have to go to abuja,don,t know what to think right now.my ticket has already been for friday.everything is soo confussing right now.
this requires serious prayer, have faith the lord shall make a way
Re: German Embassy And Visa by ohimai83: 10:51pm On Sep 30, 2014
betty55: please house l am in serious trouble right now,l was attack today my robber,the cab man that took me from the embassy ataack me took all my original school papers my passport with visa my bank cards phone,l am soo confuse right now,my sister has already call the bundespolice in germany to block the visa,but my worried now is that embassy is not opening tomorrow due to public holiday,l don,t know if l can get a new passport imidiately in lagos or l have to go to abuja,don,t know what to think right now.my ticket has already been for friday.everything is soo confussing right now.
What? did you board a private cab at the embassy? There are too many sick people in this country. What a heartless thing to do. so so sad. cry
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Nobody: 11:09pm On Sep 30, 2014
yes l boarded a cab,cause it was raining all day today.please l need info on how to get a new passport.the worst is that tommorow the embassy is close due to public holiday and also close friday due to german public holiday.what can l posibly do on thursday?and l can,t get a new passport imidiatly on thursday.l am so so confuse right now.
ohimai83:
What? did you board a private cab at the embassy? There are too many sick people in this country. What a heartless thing to do. so so sad. cry

(1) (2) (3) ... (415) (416) (417) (418) (419) (420) (421) ... (481)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Travelling To Canada Part 11

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.