Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,891 members, 7,828,149 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 03:17 AM

German Embassy And Visa - Travel (419) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / German Embassy And Visa (886191 Views)

How Easy Is Getting Admission Into Netherlands Univeristies And Visa / Nigerian Embassy And Police Report / My Experience At The German Embassy Yesterdav. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (416) (417) (418) (419) (420) (421) (422) ... (481) (Go Down)

Re: German Embassy And Visa by yettyclesia: 11:38pm On Sep 30, 2014
betty55: please house l am in serious trouble right now,l was attack today my robber,the cab man that took me from the embassy ataack me took all my original school papers my passport with visa my bank cards phone,l am soo confuse right now,my sister has already call the bundespolice in germany to block the visa,but my worried now is that embassy is not opening tomorrow due to public holiday,l don,t know if l can get a new passport imidiately in lagos or l have to go to abuja,don,t know what to think right now.my ticket has already been for friday.everything is soo confussing right now.
people are so mean,heee God!even if we are talking about getting passport ,how about the school certificate!may God intervene,you will need to go to abuja for collection of another passport.May God save us in this country!people are heartless,and she said it in her earlier post that she doesn't know her way around!my heart sank reading this ,knowingfully well what we all go through to get to this point!please God intervene
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Justcul(m): 11:38pm On Sep 30, 2014
betty55: please house l am in serious trouble right now,l was attack today my robber,the cab man that took me from the embassy ataack me took all my original school papers my passport with visa my bank cards phone,l am soo confuse right now,my sister has already call the bundespolice in germany to block the visa,but my worried now is that embassy is not opening tomorrow due to public holiday,l don,t know if l can get a new passport imidiately in lagos or l have to go to abuja,don,t know what to think right now.my ticket has already been for friday.everything is soo confussing right now.

This is shocking! May the Lord be with you at this time.. U can't get another passport tomorrow cus of public holiday.. Nigeria Immigration Service is the authority in charge of issuing int passport..

Stay calm garl.. #Teamwinter
Re: German Embassy And Visa by phucado: 12:21am On Oct 01, 2014

Sorry about that. I am so scared now. God will see u through.
Please go swear an affidavit that you will use to recover all your documents on Thursday.
Contact your school, waec or neco. Mail the embassy to inform them.
If you act fast, u can leave quickly.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by graciousme(f): 3:00am On Oct 01, 2014
Oh my God. This is scary. Pls report at the police station. Devil is a liar. Am speechless.

Re: German Embassy And Visa by Nobody: 5:55am On Oct 01, 2014
Nne sorry o. This is terrible. I think it wise to email the embassy immediately telling you experience and all you lost. Let them be aware first. If You have anyone in immigration you can call to ask what steps to take to get a replacement. I have one immigration woman's no but she is in Port Harcourt. If you need it I can send it
Re: German Embassy And Visa by DANNIEmore: 6:02am On Oct 01, 2014

Oh my goodness! Jesus Christ! People are still as backwards as this? Robbing people? Oh my goodness!!! That devil is a liar, Amen! The lord that has started a good work in you will surely complete it also in Jesus name,Amen. Please,start by obtaining an affidavit for the experience. This affidavit should contain everything lost then go ahead to get another passport meanwhile,you should email the embassy also explaining what happened then,they should advice their own part regards obtaining another visa. Moreso,email your school because I still doubt the possibility of getting all your originals from their respective places such that,you could use photocopies where necessary with the support of the sworn affidavit. Nevertheless,'if' you estimate delay times,the public hols,etc, you 'may' decide to reschedule your flight by some days/week(s) more as the case may be. My sister,it is well in Jesus Name.. Stay calm,continue thanking God for what he has done and still yet to do as everything works for good. God Bless!
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Belly213: 6:03am On Oct 01, 2014
@betty55

The LORD will deliver u, I will put you in prayers. Lagos is something else but there is nothing God cannot do.
Pray very well first (if possible go to MFM church.....you will see the result n testify)
Call your numbers..and text the man thru ur phones that was stolen....dat he can take all ur valuables but he shud only return all your documents..including passport.
Go n do a police report first, then use it to do the affidavit in court toooo.
Mail all d necessary people involved mostly for record purpose.
Also try to see if u could defer your flight to next week toooo.
The LORD will perfect the rest by his grace. Amen
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Nobody: 7:16am On Oct 01, 2014
thanks everyone for your support and advise,l will go to the hospital today for treatment cause l was thrown out of the cab,having serious pain right now,and by tommorow l will go to the embassy to report to them,my sister in Germany has already writen to them yesterday night.l will do as everyone advise.l am really grateful for this forum has done more than great work in helping people in needs.l have never see such a thing before in my whole life,right now l am even afraid to board any public transport,but l have to do what l have to do
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Obinnio: 7:18am On Oct 01, 2014
Horatio27: registration for Oct/Nov have closed. may/June registration starts by Jan. thats d exam dates... results released on August and January respectively. you can pass d exam even with just 5 months of tuition ( but it takes 2 years typically) but trust 9ja. just remember to register for English language and mathematics even if it has nothing to do with you course want to study.
ya bro, that's what The Guy I met told me that I'll do 6months tutorial, which made me to ask U the time of exam to know if I have fallen in wrong hands,in any case Thanks Boss
Re: German Embassy And Visa by esdajo: 7:33am On Oct 01, 2014
House my school resumes on October 13th for lectures and my interview is tomorrow time, i.e October 2nd. I already funded my account, paid my tuition and have the invitation from the school, confirmation of account opening and funding intact plus I have packaged my application forms and documents in the order, i.e original copy and 2 photocopies of all my documents including credentials.

The question now is this; is it possible for the visa to be issued before school resumes as I have noticed on this forum that many a applicants visas were issued ranging from 2 weeks to 1 month if not more than after the interview day.

Please, I want to hear your comments as usual as I am somewhat uncomfortable but all my efforts to get an earlier date proved abortive until they changed the date from 6th of October to 2nd. Please, I need your comments on this house.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Eke40seven(m): 8:03am On Oct 01, 2014
betty55: thanks everyone for your support and advise,l will go to the hospital today for treatment cause l was thrown out of the cab,having serious pain right now,and by tommorow l will go to the embassy to report to them,my sister in Germany has already writen to them yesterday night.l will do as everyone advise.l am really grateful for this forum has done more than great work in helping people in needs.l have never see such a thing before in my whole life,right now l am even afraid to board any public transport,but l have to do what l have to do
Betty this is such a shocking news. All I could say was 'what?'. Just fight on. You can't come this far to turnaround and God cannot take you this far to leave you on the road side. Devil is really a big liar because you've always made efforts to be on the safe side.
Do all that you've been told and postpone your flight to more than one week because one week may not be sufficient to get all your things together. If the deadline for your resumption is close, you can send a mail to your school.
Mehn! this could give such a very bad image to our dear country. Am just wondering when selfishness and utter wickedness will stop in this country. Lagos nawa!
God will remove anything that will make us give testimonies of woes while other are rejoicing.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by omamofe: 8:29am On Oct 01, 2014
[quote author=betty55]thanks everyone for your support and advise,l will go to the hospital today for treatment cause l was thrown out of the cab,having serious pain right now,and by tommorow l will go to the embassy to report to them,my sister in Germany has already writen to them yesterday night.l will do as everyone advise.l am really grateful for this forum has done more than great work in helping people in needs.l have never see such a thing before in my whole life,right now l am even afraid to board any public transport,but l have to do what l have to do[/quote

its very sad to get this kinda news . please just tqke care of yourself at thw hospital . you hould b able to replace ypur passport tomorrow . have u filed a police report because you probalyould need to take a police report with you . you would have to prospone your flight too. just stay focused. the devil is a liar. you are in my prayers dear.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by omamofe: 8:32am On Oct 01, 2014
betty55: thanks everyone for your support and advise,l will go to the hospital today for treatment cause l was thrown out of the cab,having serious pain right now,and by tommorow l will go to the embassy to report to them,my sister in Germany has already writen to them yesterday night.l will do as everyone advise.l am really grateful for this forum has done more than great work in helping people in needs.l have never see such a thing before in my whole life,right now l am even afraid to board any public transport,but l have to do what l have to do
[color=#990000][/color][quote author=omamofe][/quote]
Re: German Embassy And Visa by segadebayo: 9:31am On Oct 01, 2014
Thanks, It'll come you should get a response on Thursday I belief
Andre09:

Congrats Bro. I did mine same day with you and still waiting for word from the embassy. I tap into your Blessing.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by mokaz: 9:55am On Oct 01, 2014
@betty55.....I sincerely sympathize with you over this shocking news.....This is a terrible thing and it just shows how we Nigerians act as agents of destruction to our fellow citizens.... I was scammed 1million out of my 1.8million by a fellow Yoruba person staying in Berlin..... Things are getting so bad when it comes to trusting fellow citizens.....please all,kindly support Betty55 with your prayers as GOD can solve this in a divine way....From my recent experience with police and court,please don't act too desperate when u reach there as they will take advantage of the situation again..... Get someone to go along with you to a police station not far from where the event occurred.... Please don't pay them anything as they might start asking you to pay to get a report.....and you need to report to the police early also....the thief might have been caught since yesterday also(just saying).... And the affidavit should not cost you more than 250-500naira....don't allow so many heartless Nigerians to see you as an avenue to see money.....And about your flight, call your airline and change your flight to an open ticket... This will allow you to reschedule for any future date you eventually want to fly but at a small cost(etihad cost $50 to reschedule and you can go with the next available flight whenever you are ready after payment).....Above all,please relax your mind and stay healthy because all these will surely be solved in a short while.

2 Likes

Re: German Embassy And Visa by naijaobi(m): 10:23am On Oct 01, 2014
esdajo: House my school resumes on October 13th for lectures and my interview is tomorrow time, i.e October 2nd. I already funded my account, paid my tuition and have the invitation from the school, confirmation of account opening and funding intact plus I have packaged my application forms and documents in the order, i.e original copy and 2 photocopies of all my documents including credentials.

The question now is this; is it possible for the visa to be issued before school resumes as I have noticed on this forum that many a applicants visas were issued ranging from 2 weeks to 1 month if not more than after the interview day.

Please, I want to hear your comments as usual as I am somewhat uncomfortable but all my efforts to get an earlier date proved abortive until they changed the date from 6th of October to 2nd. Please, I need your comments on this house.
oga, someone has answered you before. And u r still asking the same thing. Contact your school and let them know about the issue so they can extend your enrollment date. Schools know that international students have difficulty in visa etc, so all u have to do is to contact the school. As simple as A,B,C.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by naijaobi(m): 10:29am On Oct 01, 2014
@betty55, the Lord will see u thru bro. Send msgs to ur phone and ask the fool to return ur documents. Tell him to take all d money but return ur documents as he won't be doing anything with them.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by ohimai83: 10:57am On Oct 01, 2014
I was asking where you boarded the car because if it is in Walter carington and you know the make of the car, then I believe people in that area can help you track down the man. If this is not the case, was the cab the yellow and black Lagos state taxi?
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Nobody: 12:11pm On Oct 01, 2014
mokaz: @betty55.....I sincerely sympathize with you over this shocking news.....This is a terrible thing and it just shows how we Nigerians act as agents of destruction to our fellow citizens.... I was scammed 1million out of my 1.8million by a fellow Yoruba person staying in Berlin..... Things are getting so bad when it comes to trusting fellow citizens.....please all,kindly support Betty55 with your prayers as GOD can solve this in a divine way....From my recent experience with police and court,please don't act too desperate when u reach there as they will take advantage of the situation again..... Get someone to go along with you to a police station not far from where the event occurred.... Please don't pay them anything as they might start asking you to pay to get a report.....and you need to report to the police early also....the thief might have been caught since yesterday also(just saying).... And the affidavit should not cost you more than 250-500naira....don't allow so many heartless Nigerians to see you as an avenue to see money.....And about your flight, call your airline and change your flight to an open ticket... This will allow you to reschedule for any future date you eventually want to fly but at a small cost(etihad cost $50 to reschedule and you can go with the next available flight whenever you are ready after payment).....Above all,please relax your mind and stay healthy because all these will surely be solved in a short while.
My brother all you are saying is very true. If not for affidavit, i would say leave police out of this. I have an experience were my shop was opened with a spare key and many items chartered away. It was supposed to be an easy case because none of the four locks were in any way broken and my sales girl resigned two days before that incident with a promise to deal with me because i caught her stealing from me. it was so clear that she was the one who did it. She made that threat in the presence of other shop owners. Amongst many shops it was ONLY mine that was affected. But trust our police now, when i got to police station to make entry =N=3,000. officer in charge of the case charged me =N=10,000. In-short every time i went to the station to see how far they were going i had to cough out money. Even when when we got to the girl's house some of my things were right there in her room! But upon that and all the money i was forced to dole out, nothing, i mean NOTHING came out of the case. All my friends were very angry with the police but i was helpless. Those people they are of no use.
My fear for Betty is that i hope and pray that the Visa can be blocked Godforbid it is used.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by cahnellven: 12:27pm On Oct 01, 2014
Dear betty55

This is really serious,worrisome and frightening to imagine let alone think about. Some people can be so heartless and cruel. The lord is your strength dear as you pass through these trying times.
stay calm,focused and determined while you act as advised.there is surely light at the end of the tunnel .your travails will turn into testimony .

THE LORD IS WITH THEE, WHOEVER ROBBED THEE HAS GONE AWAY WITH THINE TROUBLES . .WORRY NOT dear. . .SMILE

1 Like

Re: German Embassy And Visa by naijadove: 1:08pm On Oct 01, 2014
dolpaz: Hello Guys,

I noticed somthing about germany structure of schooling. For Bachelors, Some Hochschule and Fachhochschule requires at least B1 level for Bsc while most Universities requires B2. except for english taught courses.

I have series of emails to read and respond to, and trust me, over 12 of them asked for Minimum of B1 and either IELTS/TOEFL for english/german class. It really got me thinking if everybody here have learned the german language up to B1.

For Master's studiengange, they asked for a Minimum of B2 except english courses which requires IELTS as usual.. Now, apart from Rhine Waal and some schools which I felt comfy with. Is there a way to gain admission with A1/A2 then complete the language course over there in Germany??
This thing can be so tiring jare cry cry
If you are a science student then try hamburg uni of tech, they accept a2 min for English taught courses
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Nobody: 1:09pm On Oct 01, 2014
what can l say to wonder people of nigeria in this forum,you guys are owesome,a bit relieve.my biggest problem now is passport l was told l have to go to abuja and it will cost 150,000naire and one mouth to process it,my sister in germany has done more than enough for me to put her through this journey again.she paid everything so far reach even to my transport here and there,she is amazing, to think about putting her through this is what pain me the most.please any one with advise regarding to passport isue,my sister spoke with the school proffesor and my resumption date has been extended till end of the mounth and he will send me a mail adress to the embassy to prevent further delay from them.l don,t know how to pay her back for all this,
Re: German Embassy And Visa by justwise(m): 1:23pm On Oct 01, 2014
betty55: what can l say to wonder people of nigeria in this forum,you guys are owesome,a bit relieve.my biggest problem now is passport l was told l have to go to abuja and it will cost 150,000naire and one mouth to process it,my sister in germany has done more than enough for me to put her through this journey again.she paid everything so far reach even to my transport here and there,she is amazing, to think about putting her through this is what pain me the most.please any one with advise regarding to passport isue,my sister spoke with the school proffesor and my resumption date has been extended till end of the mounth and he will send me a mail adress to the embassy to prevent further delay from them.l don,t know how to pay her back for all this,

Report the case of your passport first to the police then get report from them and use that to reapply for another passport, you don't need to go to Abuja and with express services you can get it within 24hrs.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by naijadove: 1:31pm On Oct 01, 2014
betty55: what can l say to wonder people of nigeria in this forum,you guys are owesome,a bit relieve.my biggest problem now is passport l was told l have to go to abuja and it will cost 150,000naire and one mouth to process it,my sister in germany has done more than enough for me to put her through this journey again.she paid everything so far reach even to my transport here and there,she is amazing, to think about putting her through this is what pain me the most.please any one with advise regarding to passport isue,my sister spoke with the school proffesor and my resumption date has been extended till end of the mounth and he will send me a mail adress to the embassy to prevent further delay from them.l don,t know how to pay her back for all this,

Hello betty55, first i will say I am sorry to hear about your awful incident, it is terrible but we thank God for life because it could have been worse. You are healthy and you have life, so there is hope and opportunity to go on.
For your passport, you have to get a police report, court affidavit and then go to Abuja immigration office and make your case. The process is about 28k. Now depending on your case it, the time frame may differ. So if this is your first loss it will take about three days. If you have reported a lost passport before then you will have to be reinterviewed and your case investigated before a reissue.
So please get yourself treated, if possible get an X-ray done if you had any physical trauma, then the police , the court and then Abuja. As for your ticket it will be safer to open your ticket as oppose to rescheduling because you really do not know when all these will be sorted.
You might even be favoured the robbers may throwaway your documents so you might not need to retrieve your certificates. If you don't find the certificates, I won't advice you to travel without getting your certificates or some note from any of these bodies. The longer you keep it the less sympathetic they are with you when you go to meet them.
Even if your travel documents are sorted you still need your certificates when you travel. It's really a lot to bear but be strong that's the best way to get things done at this time.
God's favour in all your endeavours"
Re: German Embassy And Visa by naijadove: 1:35pm On Oct 01, 2014

Please note the process can never cost 150000 to get a new passport. The new rule is to get your lost passport done in Abuja. Do not be scammed by anyone. Go to the immigration office in Abuja it's pretty straightforward. You might be tempted to cut corners but really you don't need that wahala now.

1 Like

Re: German Embassy And Visa by justwise(m): 1:38pm On Oct 01, 2014
naijadove:

Hello betty55, first i will say I am sorry to hear about your awful incident, it is terrible but we thank God for life because it could have been worse. You are healthy and you have life, so there is hope and opportunity to go on.
For your passport, you have to get a police report, court affidavit and then go to Abuja immigration office and make your case. The process is about 28k. Now depending on your case it, the time frame may differ. So if this is your first loss it will take about three days. If you have reported a lost passport before then you will have to be reinterviewed and your case investigated before a reissue.
So please get yourself treated, if possible get an X-ray done if you had any physical trauma, then the police , the court and then Abuja. As for your ticket it will be safer to open your ticket as oppose to rescheduling because you really do not know when all these will be sorted.
You might even be favoured the robbers may throwaway your documents so you might not need to retrieve your certificates. If you don't find the certificates, I won't advice you to travel without getting your certificates or some note from any of these bodies. The longer you keep it the less sympathetic they are with you when you go to meet them.
Even if your travel documents are sorted you still need your certificates when you travel. It's really a lot to bear but be strong that's the best way to get things done at this time.
God's favour in all your endeavours"

Unnecessary, no need for affidavit or going to Abuja.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by justwise(m): 1:41pm On Oct 01, 2014
naijadove:

Please note the process can never cost 150000 to get a new passport. The new rule is to get your lost passport done in Abuja. Do not be scammed by anyone. Go to the immigration office in Abuja it's pretty straightforward. You might be tempted to cut corners but really you don't need that wahala now.

Please can you paste the link to the new rule? I know one only go to Abuja for change of name or DOB
Re: German Embassy And Visa by naijadove: 1:55pm On Oct 01, 2014
justwise:

Please can you paste the link to the new rule? I know one only go to Abuja for change of name or DOB

There is no link, if you are waiting for a website to tell you to go to Abuja. It's pretty easy she can go to Lagos office like you have said, with only the police report who knows it might work, anything is possible. I only gave my advice from what i know and sure of. She doesn't need to go with what I have said quite frankly. It's an information I had and shared, what she does is up to her.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by justwise(m): 2:02pm On Oct 01, 2014
naijadove:

There is no link, if you are waiting for a website to tell you to go to Abuja. It's pretty easy she can go to Lagos office like you have said, with only the police report who knows it might work, anything is possible. I only gave my advice from what i know and sure of. She doesn't need to go with what I have said quite frankly. It's an information I had and shared, what she does is up to her.

Its unfair to make up things and mislead people, you said its a new rule but there is no evidence of that rule, so you would have wasted her time and money to traveling to Abuja for something doable in Lagos? Smh

(1) (2) (3) ... (416) (417) (418) (419) (420) (421) (422) ... (481)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Travelling To Canada Part 11

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 126
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.