Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,770 members, 7,817,123 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:32 AM

German Embassy And Visa - Travel (420) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / German Embassy And Visa (884916 Views)

How Easy Is Getting Admission Into Netherlands Univeristies And Visa / Nigerian Embassy And Police Report / My Experience At The German Embassy Yesterdav. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (417) (418) (419) (420) (421) (422) (423) ... (481) (Go Down)

Re: German Embassy And Visa by dolpaz: 2:56pm On Oct 01, 2014
At this point, the Lord will comfort you. he has started this journey with you and he will see you till the end. Gosh, my heart bleeds for this country. other people have spoken well and just follow their steps.. affidavit, police report, email the. embassy and be hopeful. i will remember you in my prayers.. and at the end, you will sing Adupe by tunde and wunmi obey..

Should in case you need a helping hand to get your passport, i have a brother in Abeokuta who can get that for u easily within hrs. I called him after reading ur msgs and he offered to help. be careful of people on this faceless forum. they take on peoples advantage.

The Lord is your strength dearie....also as an eye opener, lets refrain from declaring a particular day we'll be heading to the embassy for collection of our visa.. u can always post testimonial here after getting it...

God bless us all ! cheesy

1 Like

Re: German Embassy And Visa by Eke40seven(m): 2:59pm On Oct 01, 2014
naijadove:

Please note the process can never cost 150000 to get a new passport. The new rule is to get your lost passport done in Abuja. Do not be scammed by anyone. Go to the immigration office in Abuja it's pretty straightforward. You might be tempted to cut corners but really you don't need that wahala now.

You are right, I just called an officer now at the Festac office now and he confirmed that it can only be done at the Abuja office as far as it is the E-passport that was stolen and not that pre-2008 version. He also said 150,000 was a rip off that it was just around N50k before the new change and could not have risen so high in a short notice.
There is also a topic like that here on naira land.
https://www.nairaland.com/141318/re-issue-nigerian-e-passport

2 Likes

Re: German Embassy And Visa by bissiejoe: 3:03pm On Oct 01, 2014
Hello house, who is travelling down to
NRW through düsseldorf airport. Please contact me. Need you to get something for me from Naija.

1 Like

Re: German Embassy And Visa by Belly213: 3:33pm On Oct 01, 2014
@Betty 55

Just to let you that I am praying for you. D LORD will surely see you thru. Heal u and comfort and strengthen you. At least you have gotten an extension of your school date. Let this experience make you stronger and to come out stronger. May you never experience such a thing like theft again in your life. Be courageous....u will testify.....my heart truly bleeds for things happening in the world....Man could be so wicked...in respective of where they are....my prayer that the LORD will trouble the thief....give him trouble and confusion ...and that He will drop ur documents for you and tell you where to pick them....keep calling ur line....dats why I said that with GOD all things are possible....do all the necessary things....be very wise....ask for the leading of the LORD.....I know many things might be going through...ohhhhhh my prayer is they drop ur documents....as am writing with tears......OH DEAR LORD please SOVEREIGN GOD.....please help her....and lead the rest of us in our paths ....,AMEN

2 Likes

Re: German Embassy And Visa by Nobody: 3:37pm On Oct 01, 2014
Thanks so much. I claim it in Jesus name,
Belly213: @Betty 55

Just to let you that I am praying for you. D LORD will surely see you thru. Heal u and comfort and strengthen you. At least you have gotten an extension of your school date. Let this experience make you stronger and to come out stronger. May you never experience such a thing like theft again in your life. Be courageous....u will testify.....my heart truly bleeds for things happening in the world....Man could be so wicked...in respective of where they are....my prayer that the LORD will trouble the thief....give him trouble and confusion ...and that He will drop ur documents for you and tell you where to pick them....keep calling ur line....dats why I said that with GOD all things are possible....do all the necessary things....be very wise....ask for the leading of the LORD.....I know many things might be going through...ohhhhhh my prayer is they drop ur documents....as am writing with tears......OH DEAR LORD please SOVEREIGN GOD.....please help her....and lead the rest of us in our paths ....,AMEN
Re: German Embassy And Visa by justwise(m): 4:38pm On Oct 01, 2014
@nevilbot

Dropping an agent contact detail here will earn you a ban. Nobody need an agent to get a passport.

1 Like

Re: German Embassy And Visa by giftwalter: 10:28pm On Oct 01, 2014
@ iluminati tanks for inviting me to this forum...plz I have a lot of questions and I hope you don't mind helping me out. I want to study Areonautic Engineering, is der any free tuition university that offer that course? If yes how can I apply?
Re: German Embassy And Visa by kelly4top: 10:38pm On Oct 01, 2014
giftwalter: @ iluminati tanks for inviting me to this forum...plz I have a lot of questions and I hope you don't mind helping me out. I want to study Areonautic Engineering, is der any free tuition university that offer that course? If yes how can I apply?

check this site and you will see lot of Engineering courses. YES they have free tuition https://www.daad.de/deutschland/studienangebote/international-programs/en/
Re: German Embassy And Visa by giftwalter: 10:42pm On Oct 01, 2014
i hear dat for one to apply or get admitted in a German Uni, one must no how to speak german...I live in warri, delta state...how can i achieve this? how can i leanr German here?
kelly4top:

check this site and you will see lot of Engineering courses. YES they have free tuition https://www.daad.de/deutschland/studienangebote/international-programs/en/
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Nobody: 12:54am On Oct 02, 2014
giftwalter: i hear dat for one to apply or get admitted in a German Uni, one must no how to speak german...I live in warri, delta state...how can i achieve this? how can i leanr German here?

Dude, did you just register to post this Better do yourself some good by reading at least 20 pages backward.

@betty The devil is a liar, your case is already settled relax and don't panic in other not to be scammed.

1 Like

Re: German Embassy And Visa by dolpaz: 6:39am On Oct 02, 2014
beebee5000:

Dude, did you just register to post this Better do yourself some good by reading at least 20 pages backward.

@betty The devil is a liar, your case is already settled relax and don't panic in other not to be scammed.

mein Bruder aus verschiedenen Mutter , wie geht es dir und wie ist das studium?? tongue tongue undecided undecided

Leave the guy jare...naijaobi, you no dey do your work well ooo. some people need akamu with bottom lashing..
abeg come feed them jare..

I pray this week shall be a week of testimony especially for betty..

Alles Gutes

1 Like

Re: German Embassy And Visa by Nobody: 7:35am On Oct 02, 2014
dolpaz:

mein Bruder aus verschiedenen Mutter , wie geht es dir und wie ist das studium?? tongue tongue undecided undecided

Leave the guy jare...naijaobi, you no dey do your work well ooo. some people need akamu with bottom lashing..
abeg come feed them jare..

I pray this week shall be a week of testimony especially for betty..

Alles Gutes

Sehr gut. Wie gehts dir auch? In moment habe ich frei Zeit um Nairaland zu besuchen.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by giftwalter: 8:34am On Oct 02, 2014
Guys plz help me am new here, don't no much here...plz how can I learn German? I live in warri..
beebee5000:

Re: German Embassy And Visa by tayoslayer(m): 9:07am On Oct 02, 2014
giftwalter: Guys plz help me am new here, don't no much here...plz how can I learn German? I live in warri..
If you're new here then you must have a lot of ambiguous questions, meaning one question leading to another. Best advice is read at least the first 100pages of this thread , you might even end up advising others smiley Don't know about any German Programs in Warri but when you read through enough pages, use DAAD to search search for potential schools you will be able to make a good choice(some schools might offer your program in English, few for B.Sc unlike M.Sc). Just take your time and read through.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by giftwalter: 9:26am On Oct 02, 2014
i have seen universities that offer courses in English, but i want to Learn German too before i travel....I saw online that Goethe-Insitut in Nigeria have offices in Lagos...It seems i would relocate to Lagos and start the course by January..
tayoslayer:
If you're new here then you must have a lot of ambiguous questions, meaning one question leading to another. Best advice is read at least the first 100pages of this thread , you might even end up advising others smiley Don't know about any German Programs in Warri but when you read through enough pages, use DAAD to search search for potential schools you will be able to make a good choice(some schools might offer your program in English, few for B.Sc unlike M.Sc). Just take your time and read through.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by naijadove: 9:31am On Oct 02, 2014
justwise:

Its unfair to make up things and mislead people, you said its a new rule but there is no evidence of that rule, so you would have wasted her time and money to traveling to Abuja for something doable in Lagos? Smh

I have not misled anyone and stop drawing unncessary conclusions.(Did she tell you she has travelled and her money was wasted? Abi you feel like writing)
You wanted a link, i told you there is no weblink, does not mean it does not exist. What would it profit me to make up things and mislead someone on nairaland. we are a community and here to help pne another. if you go to the immigration office you will be told the same thing. Abuja is where you can reissued a new passport if it was stolen.
I'm pretty sure of my information, like i said before she doesn't have to go with it.

2 Likes

Re: German Embassy And Visa by dolpaz: 10:22am On Oct 02, 2014
beebee5000:

Sehr gut. Wie gehts dir auch? In moment habe ich frei Zeit um Nairaland zu besuchen.

das ist interessant .. bin sehr gut . einen schon Tag noch
Re: German Embassy And Visa by dolpaz: 10:25am On Oct 02, 2014
naijadove:

I have not misled anyone and stop drawing unncessary conclusions.(Did she tell you she has travelled and her money was wasted? Abi you feel like writing)
You wanted a link, i told you there is no weblink, does not mean it does not exist. What would it profit me to make up things and mislead someone on nairaland. we are a community and here to help pne another. if you go to the immigration office you will be told the same thing. Abuja is where you can reissued a new passport if it was stolen.
I'm pretty sure of my information, like i said before she doesn't have to go with it.

Naijadove, you are very right.. My brother said its done in abuja ooo..
Also, my colleague here in the office whose mum is an immigration officer confirmed the same thing... he's not misleading anyone ! undecided lipsrsealed
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Eke40seven(m): 10:35am On Oct 02, 2014
giftwalter: i have seen universities that offer courses in English, but i want to Learn German too before i travel....I saw online that Goethe-Insitut in Nigeria have offices in Lagos...It seems i would relocate to Lagos and start the course by January..
If only you read 5-6 pages back, you could have seen where this Language thing was discussed comprehensively with good links to help.
If you do not do your self the favour of reading like at least 100 pages back (from 300).
OK since you are new, here are some quotes that may answer your questions.

Eke40seven:
I once sought for similar answers and I saw it on their website. This is an excerpt from the website on external candidates below:
"All Goethe-Institut examinations can also be taken
by external candidates if they have reached the
corresponding language level. It is nevertheless
recommended that you take a preparatory course.
On-site and distance learning courses are offered
as well as a combination of both."

Check time for registration and timetables here:
http://www.goethe.de/ins/ng/lag/lrn/ein/trm/enindex.htm

Their price for registration is N30,000.00 per level. check the info and more here:
http://www.goethe.de/ins/ng/lag/lrn/ein/prs/enindex.htm

The school do not necessarily need your first school leaving certificate. The embassy officially stated it on their website but they will let you off the hook if you don't have it.
For the documents required by the school, you must understand that different schools have different requirements. However, one thing they will all compulsorily request for is
1A. Either your university transcript and or university degree certificate/statement of result if you already have it.
NB: one year university undergraduate transcript is enough for a Bsc programme.

1B. HND certificate and transcript and of course your OND certificate (If you went through polytechnic)
1C Your A level results like Cambridge A level and GCSE A level (for A level holders)

2. Language requirements. If you are going for an English taught course, proof of Language proficiency like TOEFL or IELTS will be requested. However SOME schools will let you off the hook if you have passed your English Language in WAEC or for some; an English taught university degree and or a proof from the school; a native speaker and or living in a country where English is spoken as the official language.

Others vary from reference letters, motivation letters, CV, to work experience. So check DAAD and the school website to see their individual requirements

For the Embassy, here is officially what is on their
website.
"Required documents
Every applicant is asked to provide the following mandatory documents (original + 2 copies of each document, unless otherwise specified):
• Valid passport +2 copies of its data page
• 2 identical passport pictures according to biometric specifications, one attached to application form and one loose
• 2 Visa Application Forms (Application for a Residence Permit) – no copies required!
• School Leaving Certificates of Primary and Secondary School/ WAEC-Certificate
• Proof of previous academic studies/professional training/ work experience (if applicable)
• Birth Certificate from National Population Commission or Declaration of Age deposed to by head of Family
• Biographically old documents (older than 5 years) to verify identity (such as library card, baptism certificate, vaccination card etc.)
• Letter of admission to the university/ Confirmation of registration for language course
• Proof of knowledge of the German language, if required for the course of study
• A “WAEC-direct access card“ (scratch card to access WAEC results online, available
e. g. at Spring Bank and Wema Bank)
• Proof of financial means for one year by one of the following options:
a) Confirmation of blocked German bank account bearing an amount of minimum 7.908,-€
b) official German declaration of sponsorship („Verpflichtungserklärung“) for the purpose of studies/ language course given before the competent German authority (Please note: Financing is usually only secured if declarant resides in Germany)
c) proof of scholarship of a German/ European organization covering the arising costs
Supplementary information or evidence may be requested in each individual case."
check their website for more info.

Hope you find it helpful.
Good luck!
Obinnio: I just enrolled for the language course in my Side today, please guys, what's the level requirement for admission, I hear B1 and some say B2, I and last question, Do I need to go to Goethe to write A1 then A2 to B2 or do I study all the levels and register for the B2 exam, In essence I mean, must one pass each level exam before Goethe allows You to write next level. THANKS

1. Google "daad German language requirements for university admission" for more information.

2. Yes, you must pass one level in order to move to the next. Check the website I sent you earlier for more confirmation. CHECK O! but u remember reading it. EVERY INFORMATION you need is on their website.

If you can find good language school in warri you can do your tutorials there and prepare and tàke your exams at Geothe because getting a house around there is another matter o!

P.S. These quotes were in response to your first post.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by kelly4top: 10:51am On Oct 02, 2014
giftwalter: i have seen universities that offer courses in English, but i want to Learn German too before i travel....I saw online that Goethe-Insitut in Nigeria have offices in Lagos...It seems i would relocate to Lagos and start the course by January..

Find out lots of English programs via the link i sent you. You can learn the language here but if you feel you wanna know the language before coming then also good idea.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Eke40seven(m): 11:15am On Oct 02, 2014
Oga Kelly4top I hail you!
Beebee5000 how studies na? How life in Germo?
Long time no see!
Abeg, where is Nimakor? I have not seen him in a while.
Betty55 we still dey pray for you. God go do good wonders in your case.

1 Like

Re: German Embassy And Visa by giftwalter: 11:56am On Oct 02, 2014
I would prefer the Long distance learning programme...plz is there anyone here who has done long distance training? how do i apply? i went to the long distance site and i was directed to another site http://shop.goethe.de/, i don't know which option to choose. .
Eke40seven:
If only you read 5-6 pages back, you could have seen where this Language thing was discussed comprehensively with good links to help.
If you do not do your self the favour of reading like at least 100 pages back (from 300).
OK since you are new, here are some quotes that may answer your questions.

1. Google "daad German language requirements for university admission" for more information.

2. Yes, you must pass one level in order to move to the next. Check the website I sent you earlier for more confirmation. CHECK O! but u remember reading it. EVERY INFORMATION you need is on their website.

If you can find good language school in warri you can do your tutorials there and prepare and tàke your exams at Geothe because getting a house around there is another matter o!

P.S. These quotes were in response to your first post.

Re: German Embassy And Visa by Nobody: 1:50pm On Oct 02, 2014
Eke40seven: Oga Kelly4top I hail you!
Beebee5000 how studies na? How life in Germo?
Long time no see!
Abeg, where is Nimakor? I have not seen him in a while.
Betty55 we still dey pray for you. God go do good wonders in your case.

Bros you boy dey ! Germo sweet oh and studies going just fine but missing naija a bit sha.... grin grin

4 Likes

Re: German Embassy And Visa by giftwalter: 4:29pm On Oct 02, 2014
Guys are there student jobs in German? if yes wats the lowest pay per hour?
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Justcul(m): 7:19pm On Oct 02, 2014
Visa granted today! Glory to God almighty, the creator of heavens and the earth.. To Him alone i dedicate this victory...

I want to thank and appreciate our bosses in germo who has in one way or the other inspired me to achieve this dream; oga Godson2013333, Topeajis, Justwise, Kelly4top, futurewise, Tmed, ganasy, angeldiamond, emeka55, cindino20, joexy, and junipero, ur selfless services in moving the thread to this level, will never go un-rewarded...

I also want to thank Beebee5000, bisijoe, naijaobi, dolpaz, Nimakor, ndiyo, eke40seven, Realk1, dhonourable, jahjehovah, amanda06, abiegirl, betty55 and host of other comrades dt data will not permit me to mention...

May the Good Lord continue to increase and maximise your potentials... Amen! By his mercy, may he grant other expectants.. Amen!

Ticket booked and payed for, travelling on point.. One luv all..#TeamWinter/TeamBremen.

Justcul

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: German Embassy And Visa by esdajo: 7:37pm On Oct 02, 2014
Hello house. My interview was today and it went very fine as I answered the questions asked to the best of my ability and now am keeping my fingers crossed for the good news. However they did not give me back my passport and I hope this is not a radical departure from the student visa procedure as I was under the impression that I would be given back the passport immediately after the interview. Any possible reason for that?

Above all, I want to say a very big thanks to all who have contributed on this thread as the information available here is by no means meagre.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by shuni05: 7:50pm On Oct 02, 2014
I've been trying to post my testimony on here but the devil is a liar. I just wanna thank the Almighty God for his marvelous works, My family and friends for their support not forgetting the great people of Nairaland German Embassy And Visa.

I was called to come for my Visa on Tuesday , flight booked for Wednesday and here I am today sharing my testimony from my room in Germany. I just wanna say a very big thank you to all the folks contributing to this amazing "dream achieving" thread.

For all those awaiting their visas , your testimonies shall begin to roll in soon IJN.

Danke

6 Likes

Re: German Embassy And Visa by yettyclesia: 8:21pm On Oct 02, 2014
[quote author=esdajo]Hello house. My interview was today and it went very fine as I answered the questions asked to the best of my ability and now am keeping my fingers crossed for the good news. However they did not give me back my passport and I hope this is not a radical departure from the student visa procedure as I was under the impression that I would be given back the passport immediately after the interview. Any possible reason for that?

Above all, I want to say a very big thanks to all who have contributed on this thread as the information available here is by no means meagre
Re: German Embassy And Visa by yettyclesia: 8:24pm On Oct 02, 2014
Justcul: Visa granted today! Glory to God almighty, the creator of heavens and the earth.. To Him alone i dedicate this victory...

I want to thank and appreciate our bosses in germo who has in one way or the other inspired me to achieve this dream; oga Godson2013333, Topeajis, Justwise, Kelly4top, futurewise, Tmed, ganasy, angeldiamond, emeka55, cindino20, joexy, and junipero, ur selfless services in moving the thread to this level, will never go un-rewarded...

I also want to thank Beebee5000, bisijoe, naijaobi, Nimakor, ndiyo, eke40seven, Realk1, dhonourable, jahjehovah, amanda06, abiegirl, betty55 and host of other comrades dt data will not permit me to mention...

May the Good Lord continue to increase and maximise your potentials... Amen! By his mercy, may he grant other expectants.. Amen!

Ticket booked and payed for, travelling on point.. One luv all..#TeamWinter/TeamBremen.

Justcul
congratulations !please when was your interview

(1) (2) (3) ... (417) (418) (419) (420) (421) (422) (423) ... (481)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Polish Student Visa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.