Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,339 members, 7,811,985 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:40 AM

Tenants, Please Share Your Experiences With Your Landlords And Landladies. - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Tenants, Please Share Your Experiences With Your Landlords And Landladies. (27736 Views)

Govt Should Intervene Women Are Killing Men, No More Landlord Just Landladies / Ladies Dating Quiet Men, Share Your Experiences / My Landlords Wife Is Tempting Me. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tenants, Please Share Your Experiences With Your Landlords And Landladies. by whalley676: 4:28pm On Sep 26, 2021
spirul77:
I ran away from my first house in keffi because I impregnated my landlord's daughter, an only daughter for that matter, a week later den Don carry the girl go her aunt place for jos, just a week after, she called me and told me she had a miscarriage. Bitter/sweet news cry

Bad guy
Re: Tenants, Please Share Your Experiences With Your Landlords And Landladies. by lied(f): 4:30pm On Sep 26, 2021
hahn:
My former landlord....

If he is on fire I won't bring my dick out to pee on him to put the fire out undecided
Hahn how you dey?
Werin landlord do you? grin
Re: Tenants, Please Share Your Experiences With Your Landlords And Landladies. by Nobody: 4:31pm On Sep 26, 2021
-
Re: Tenants, Please Share Your Experiences With Your Landlords And Landladies. by KingGeedorah(m): 4:32pm On Sep 26, 2021
My former landlord was troublesome, stayed in his compound for 3 years, though he stays mostly abroad, he go use phone call disturb person life. And when he was around cause he stays in the same compound, he turns you into his house help.

An incident occurred with another tenant and the guy ended up telling the landlord that,"Oga no be only you be Landlord, your mate were be Landlord for VGC no dey make noise like you do"

After that incident the landlord asked the tenant to pack out that he will not be collecting his rent, the day before the tenant was suppose to pack out, my landlord woke us up by 4 am saying someone enter his house and stole his phones.

He called the police and everyone in the compound was taken to the police station

Omo person suffer for the man hand ooo, cause of his wahala l made it a point to not pay his rent on time

11 Likes

Re: Tenants, Please Share Your Experiences With Your Landlords And Landladies. by hahn(m): 4:32pm On Sep 26, 2021
lied:
Hahn how you dey?
Werin landlord do you? grin

Long story short, the guy na fool angry
Re: Tenants, Please Share Your Experiences With Your Landlords And Landladies. by AXYZ: 4:34pm On Sep 26, 2021
Auxtin85:
In 2003, my dad couldn’t pay our rent for a 3 bedrooms apartment, he was given quit notice, he had no money to rent another apartment, the caretaker came and threw our stuffs out, I and my younger sister went to stay with my grandma, my dad went to stay with his friend where he was sleeping in his friend’s living room…. His friend’s wife will send him on an errand, his friend won’t say a word. Thank God my dad own 5 houses today and a hotel, building my third house.

Me and my tenant talk like friends

How about your dad's friend and his wife now? Hope they're doing fine?
Re: Tenants, Please Share Your Experiences With Your Landlords And Landladies. by Valuc: 4:34pm On Sep 26, 2021
FabulousAutos:
The moment I moved into his house, i told myself that I'm not going to sign any more tenancy agreement with any other landlord and that the next move I'll make will be to my own house. I didn't even have the complete amount for one year rent yet he accepted and allowed me move in and thank God I didn't disappoint him either. He has been like a father to me. Has helped me buy two properties here in Lagos. I'm his oldest tenant and it's been 12years since I moved to his house. Will be moving to my own house in few months time and i think I'm gonna miss my landlord. 80 percent of those who moved out of his house moved to their own houses and it was our landlord that helped them buy their land at affordable rates and even help them developed their lands. I wish everyone could have a good landlord like Mr. Opeoluwa.
abeg gimme his contact
I need to rent house from him

2 Likes

Re: Tenants, Please Share Your Experiences With Your Landlords And Landladies. by winnerolivia(m): 4:35pm On Sep 26, 2021
Auxtin85:

Pls do
please reply me @ winnerolivia305@gmail.com
Re: Tenants, Please Share Your Experiences With Your Landlords And Landladies. by Karemarealty288(m): 4:36pm On Sep 26, 2021
I used to have a Landlord when I was living in Ogba, college Rd. He is a Traditional ruler in Osun state but lives there with us. The man never answered my greetings, my crime is that am Igbo. It was my wife that got that house wen I wasn't in the country. He hated the fact that an Igboman was living with him. I was so nice to everyone and his sons became my friends.

His sons do visit me in my house in Vgc till date and we are goodfriends and business partners..they are like brothers to me. The love that exists between us has changed my formal Lord's Igbophobia( he is like a Daddy to me now)

18 Likes

Re: Tenants, Please Share Your Experiences With Your Landlords And Landladies. by solex2g4(m): 4:36pm On Sep 26, 2021
God be praise
Re: Tenants, Please Share Your Experiences With Your Landlords And Landladies. by Tallest45(m): 4:36pm On Sep 26, 2021
Most landlords are sadists... You think there are happy for you. Deep down is nothing there..

1 Like

Re: Tenants, Please Share Your Experiences With Your Landlords And Landladies. by Tallest45(m): 4:38pm On Sep 26, 2021
During my Service year, my landlord was totally a fun man... Just pay dues and una noe get wahala.

2 Likes

Re: Tenants, Please Share Your Experiences With Your Landlords And Landladies. by lied(f): 4:39pm On Sep 26, 2021
hahn:

Long story short, the guy na fool angry
grin grin grin
Re: Tenants, Please Share Your Experiences With Your Landlords And Landladies. by spirul77: 4:39pm On Sep 26, 2021
whalley676:

Bad guy
no be bad guy matter o, I smell my yansh that period, the man is one of the richest igbo man in keffi, I was religiously advised to run away from home because if the man finds out I'm responsible for the matter I fit spend the rest of my life for jail. Na so I suffry suffry leave my properties for keffi start to dey squat with one guy for abj. I see oba.

1 Like

Re: Tenants, Please Share Your Experiences With Your Landlords And Landladies. by medokills(m): 4:40pm On Sep 26, 2021
I have long story to share for this thread but in summary, the original owner of this house is not residing with us. His mother, and junior brother (with his wife) occupies one flat. My offence was that i and my family can afford to buy food to eat and their question was that where did I get money?. For 4 and half years I stayed in that house, I could not lay my hands to achievements. I lost my first car (which I brought to that house) to accident, completely damaged. I sold the scrap for 80k. I lost the second one to SARS, the I.P.O says it resemble stolen one. When I bought the third one, they wage both physical and spiritual attacks one me and my family. I confronted them squarely. My mind did not yield to the calls that I should pack out of that house because my plan was to complete my house before packing. The hatred on me and my family grows thicker the second year of my tenancy. They tried so hard to convince the original owner of the house to issue me quit notice but the man did not answer them because they could not provide reason for their request. Later, the man succumbs to their request and issue me quit notice, eight months to the expiration of my tenancy with their stupid hope that hope that I beg them instead I threw the quit notice at their faces. This development infuriates me but determine to pack out urgently. So I eventually bpacked out of that hellish house three months to the expiration of my tenancy. There is still lots more to what I experienced in that evil house, just cuts it short. Six months in my new rented apartment, my house is now at lintel level despite high cost of building materials. Alhamdullilah!!!

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tenants, Please Share Your Experiences With Your Landlords And Landladies. by hansomb: 4:40pm On Sep 26, 2021
Sebastine1994:
My landlord is a retired civil servant, an old curious old man that want to try out everything.

His only weakpoint is politics, when you agree with him he can do anything for you.

If you don't trust his account of history, you become enemies.

I exploited this weakness and I have never paid rent in 3 years

NOTE;. I have learnt one thing in life, always tell people what they want to hear, avoid argument if possible, support the underdog if necessary and you have made a friend for life.

It is easy to be right, but it is difficult to be right and alone. I turn loners into leaders.

There are no truth , only perception of the truth.

what if one's personality is that of frankness ( say it as it is ) ?
Re: Tenants, Please Share Your Experiences With Your Landlords And Landladies. by Smokezz(m): 4:42pm On Sep 26, 2021
[quote author=Sebastine1994 post=106191200]My landlord is a retired civil servant, an old curious old man that want to try out everything.

His only weakpoint is politics, when you agree with him he can do anything for you.

If you don't trust his account of history, you become enemies.

I exploited this weakness and I have never paid rent in 3 years

NOTE;. I have learnt one thing in life, always tell people what they want to hear, avoid argument if possible, support the underdog if necessary and you have made a friend for life.

It is easy to be right, but it is difficult to be right and alone. I turn loners into leaders.

There are no truth , only perception of the truth.

I wish I understood your last paragraph..

2 Likes

Re: Tenants, Please Share Your Experiences With Your Landlords And Landladies. by Drizzy5001(m): 4:43pm On Sep 26, 2021
My landlord no get person time, he is a busy man, hardly stays at home, his wife is very nice too. just pay your rent and everything will be cool..

2 Likes

Re: Tenants, Please Share Your Experiences With Your Landlords And Landladies. by walyx(m): 4:43pm On Sep 26, 2021
God bless my landlord.. he made my tenant-life like home away from home..
Re: Tenants, Please Share Your Experiences With Your Landlords And Landladies. by Rollingstones86: 4:44pm On Sep 26, 2021
My landlady is the most kind woman on earth i did ever seen, she's aunty Lyndia of powerline bus stop ejigbo, akinwumi street,but i wont mention the nos of the street,may God continue blessing her more and more may she live longer, whatever good things her heart desires from the almighty God,may it come to pass Amen,if am rich today ���i repeat if am rich today whatever car she wish i buy for her i did do it ASAP, God bless you madam in my trying Times she stood for my family,i repeat you wont die you shall live longer amen,from rich����������✌️✌️

30 Likes

Re: Tenants, Please Share Your Experiences With Your Landlords And Landladies. by Crucialgem(m): 4:51pm On Sep 26, 2021
Op thank you for creating this thread hmmm my own very experience is absurd kind off.

But my question is that, why do all this house owners ask you money for bills or even house rent when due, most especially when dey see you cooking or the nylon you are bringing from outside is heavy, so if I owe you money does it mean I will no longer eat

This Nigerian mentality of not using bigger cars than that of your landlord or not using ac or big generator if your house owner are not using is very wrong we need to change that orientation

5 Likes

Re: Tenants, Please Share Your Experiences With Your Landlords And Landladies. by hansomb: 4:53pm On Sep 26, 2021
winnerolivia:
hello sir, I don't understand Yoruba..

But i hope you aren't making mockery of me embarassed
Some things are better left unknown/imagined.
Re: Tenants, Please Share Your Experiences With Your Landlords And Landladies. by Nobody: 4:55pm On Sep 26, 2021
Some of the nicest people I've met in this Nigeria are from Ijero ekiti....Patunola Olamilekan God bless that guy anywhere he dey
joyfullyjoyous:
My former landlord Captain olu Alufa Wellington from ijero ekiti was such a nice soul. He's down to earth. You won't know the difference between the tenants n the landlord. His wife too was damn too nice.

4 Likes

Re: Tenants, Please Share Your Experiences With Your Landlords And Landladies. by muller101(m): 4:56pm On Sep 26, 2021
[s]
post=106191030:
Hmmmm, reminiscent times.
We thank God for the past, the present and the bright future ahead.
All our past Landlords still remain very good friends to us till the day.
The cherish and love us because of the kinda tenants we were to them.
We took absolute care of their houses like it is ours.

Hence the saying, it is good to be good.
So we enjoying all our tenants right now.
We paid our dues.

Aspiring Landlords,
These are some of the reason ALL our past Landlords see us as part of their children till tomorrow,
(May the souls of the 2 departed among them RIP, great men!)
Here are some traits you look out for in your Tenants.
Same traits we exhibited as Tenants many years ago...
Healthy track record of on time payments.
Steady income.
Positive report.
Ability to cover potential property damage with an upfront security deposit.
Good references from past landlords.
Polite and respectful to neighbors.
No prior history of eviction etc

Summary : Landlords and Tenants can live with peace with each other.
Respect is Reciprocal.

We Rise.
[/s]

5 Likes

Re: Tenants, Please Share Your Experiences With Your Landlords And Landladies. by DAMN99: 5:03pm On Sep 26, 2021
Me and my landlady have been Bleep buddies for over 2 years now and still knacking

1 Like

Re: Tenants, Please Share Your Experiences With Your Landlords And Landladies. by Nobody: 5:04pm On Sep 26, 2021
How you take know say na Yoruba he dey type undecided
winnerolivia:
hello sir, I don't understand Yoruba..

But i hope you aren't making mockery of me embarassed

2 Likes

Re: Tenants, Please Share Your Experiences With Your Landlords And Landladies. by ifyude(f): 5:04pm On Sep 26, 2021
My landlord is one ok a kind,a very nice man.He took all the tenants living in his house a family, his wife dont even have anybody time she just mind her business, infact the man is so nice that the last flat next to mine he decided to convert it to his parking store, that he dont want to rent it to someone will come and be giving me trouble.
He dont even remember when your rent is due,when he receives alert he will call you and thank you.he is the type you wont fill like living the house for anything.
He always tell us the tenants that his prayer for us all is that as we are living his house we are moving into our own house.I pray God continue to bless him

14 Likes

Re: Tenants, Please Share Your Experiences With Your Landlords And Landladies. by mardis: 5:05pm On Sep 26, 2021
Auxtin85:
In 2003, my dad couldn’t pay our rent for a 3 bedrooms apartment, he was given quit notice, he had no money to rent another apartment, the caretaker came and threw our stuffs out, I and my younger sister went to stay with my grandma, my dad went to stay with his friend where he was sleeping in his friend’s living room…. His friend’s wife will send him on an errand, his friend won’t say a word. Thank God my dad own 5 houses today and a hotel, building my third house.

This moved me i swear, indeed only God has the final say in one's life. How about that his friend and his wife

2 Likes

Re: Tenants, Please Share Your Experiences With Your Landlords And Landladies. by Epeegee(m): 5:08pm On Sep 26, 2021
This post made me call my tenant just now,the way the woman sounds anytime I ask for house rent is just too bad,and I can't give her a quit notice because I know say country hard at the moment,most of you here are saying your landlords/landladies are bad,una no go talk about your own matters, undecided undecided undecided

8 Likes

Re: Tenants, Please Share Your Experiences With Your Landlords And Landladies. by Auxtin85(m): 5:08pm On Sep 26, 2021
mardis:

This moved me i swear, indeed only God has the final say in one's life. How about that his friend and his wife

His friend died 2006
Re: Tenants, Please Share Your Experiences With Your Landlords And Landladies. by franklingud(m): 5:09pm On Sep 26, 2021
Auxtin85:

Wow!
People can be wicked and unreasonable.

More grace my bro, I tap into your blessings bro.
More greater heights for you.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Annoying Traits Peculiar To Naija Girls - concerned Nairalander / My Fiancée Is Pregnant / Ekene Ezepue Weds Maria Olukunle (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.