Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,115 members, 7,828,974 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 04:45 PM

Tenants, Please Share Your Experiences With Your Landlords And Landladies. - Romance (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Tenants, Please Share Your Experiences With Your Landlords And Landladies. (27800 Views)

Govt Should Intervene Women Are Killing Men, No More Landlord Just Landladies / Ladies Dating Quiet Men, Share Your Experiences / My Landlords Wife Is Tempting Me. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tenants, Please Share Your Experiences With Your Landlords And Landladies. by Auxtin85(m): 5:09pm On Sep 26, 2021
AXYZ:

How about your dad's friend and his wife now? Hope they're doing fine?

His friend died in 2006
Re: Tenants, Please Share Your Experiences With Your Landlords And Landladies. by Auxtin85(m): 5:09pm On Sep 26, 2021
franklingud:

Wow!
People can be wicked and unreasonable.

More grace my bro, I tap into your blessings bro.
More greater heights for you.

Amen bro
Re: Tenants, Please Share Your Experiences With Your Landlords And Landladies. by princewarri1985: 5:14pm On Sep 26, 2021
The most hilarious tenant landlord drama i have witnessed was when a self contain was vacant in my street and a woman was looking for an apartment and she went to the landlord that she wanted to rent the apartment and the landlord asked her how many of them was going to stay in the apartment and she told the landlord it's just gonna be her and her 3 daughters, but the landlord was shocked the day they came to occupy the apartment with their belongings that each of the woman 3 daughters has 2 children each including 1 cousin, and the landlord saw the multitude and he knelt down and told the woman 'madam abeg you non go fit pack all this crowd enter my house abeg i go transfer your house rent give you back now now, and non worry i go help you pay the trailer driver the money him take help you pack the things' The next day the landlord place a sign board in his gate with the inscription 'HOUSE 4 RENT A BACHELOR OR SPINSER ONLY PLEASE I MEAN ONLY 1 PERSON" LoL

35 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tenants, Please Share Your Experiences With Your Landlords And Landladies. by Sebastine1994(m): 5:14pm On Sep 26, 2021
hansomb:
what if one's personality is that of frankness ( say it as it is ) ?

Then you won't last long

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tenants, Please Share Your Experiences With Your Landlords And Landladies. by joyfullyjoyous(f): 5:15pm On Sep 26, 2021
My paternal great grand mother was from ijero Ekiti. She was very nice too.
Remag666:
Some of the nicest people I've met in this Nigeria are from Ijero ekiti....Patunola Olamilekan God bless that guy anywhere he dey

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tenants, Please Share Your Experiences With Your Landlords And Landladies. by do4luv14(m): 5:16pm On Sep 26, 2021
SmellySperm:
E no funny. My landlady hates the sound of ta ta ta ta at night. During morning time na so she dey squeeze face. I wan park out sef

You no try poo, why you go ta ta ta ta for night and you no invite her
Re: Tenants, Please Share Your Experiences With Your Landlords And Landladies. by hansomb: 5:19pm On Sep 26, 2021
Sebastine1994:

Then you won't last long
But it's gonna worth it. . .
Re: Tenants, Please Share Your Experiences With Your Landlords And Landladies. by sylve11: 5:25pm On Sep 26, 2021
Back then my then landlady would go tell people around about the heavy moaning my girls make wheneve they are collecting.

To me it's kinda embarrassing. embarassed

E good? cool

1 Like

Re: Tenants, Please Share Your Experiences With Your Landlords And Landladies. by sylve11: 5:27pm On Sep 26, 2021
Sebastine1994:
My landlord is a retired civil servant, an old curious old man that want to try out everything.

His only weakpoint is politics, when you agree with him he can do anything for you.

If you don't trust his account of history, you become enemies.

I exploited this weakness and I have never paid rent in 3 years

NOTE;. I have learnt one thing in life, always tell people what they want to hear, avoid argument if possible, support the underdog if necessary and you have made a friend for life.

It is easy to be right, but it is difficult to be right and alone. I turn loners into leaders.

There are no truth , only perception of the truth.

Tell people what they want to hear and you will make friends for life. cool

7 Likes

Re: Tenants, Please Share Your Experiences With Your Landlords And Landladies. by Nobody: 5:31pm On Sep 26, 2021
Rollingstones86:
My landlady is the most kind woman on earth i did ever seen, she's aunty Lyndia of powerline bus stop ejigbo, akinwumi street,but i wont mention the nos of the street,may God continue blessing her more and more may she live longer, whatever good things her heart desires from the almighty God,may it come to pass Amen,if am rich today ���i repeat if am rich today whatever car she wish i buy for her i did do it ASAP, God bless you madam in my trying Times she stood for my family,i repeat you wont die you shall live longer amen,from rich����������✌️✌️

Las las, our rolling stones shall gather some moss.

2 Likes

Re: Tenants, Please Share Your Experiences With Your Landlords And Landladies. by YoungBlackRico(m): 5:31pm On Sep 26, 2021
CitynewsNG:
Mine na old mama for BQ then. Whala everytime screaming my name to go and open gate, like I be gateman �.. And
gringrin
Re: Tenants, Please Share Your Experiences With Your Landlords And Landladies. by opera1(m): 5:32pm On Sep 26, 2021
I have a mother as my landlady, they took me as their son.
My rent is 120k but what I got from them is more than 120k in terms of money, raw foods and fruits. Divine Favour at work.
hey are God sent.

10 Likes

Re: Tenants, Please Share Your Experiences With Your Landlords And Landladies. by ShakurMY(m): 5:36pm On Sep 26, 2021
My landlord is a good man, but very dirty. He and his family always litter the compound Everytime

1 Like

Re: Tenants, Please Share Your Experiences With Your Landlords And Landladies. by Nobody: 5:37pm On Sep 26, 2021
princewarri1985:
The most hilarious tenant landlord drama i have witnessed was when a self contain was vacant in my street and woman looking for an apartment went to the landlord that he wanted to rend the apartment and the landlord asked her how many of them was going to stay at in the apartment and she told the landlord it's just gonna be her and her 3 daughters, but the land was shocked the day they came to occupy the apartment with their belongings that each of the woman 3 daughters has 2 children each including 1 cousin, and the landlord saw the multitude and he knelt down and told the woman 'madam abeg you non go fit pack all this crowd enter my house abeg i go transfer your house rent give you back nom now, and non worry i go help you pay the trailer driver the money him take help you pack the things' The next day the landlord place a sign board in his gate with inscription 'HOUSE 4 RENT A BACHELOR OR SPINSER ONLY PLEASE I MEAN ONLY 1 PERSON" LoL
this your story wan burst my belle óò, hahaha.

1 Like

Re: Tenants, Please Share Your Experiences With Your Landlords And Landladies. by Nobody: 5:39pm On Sep 26, 2021
That's not all sef... their cooking too is divine cool them sabi cook both men and women....I enjoyed every minute of the week I spent there
joyfullyjoyous:
My paternal great grand mother was from ijero Ekiti. She was very nice too.
Re: Tenants, Please Share Your Experiences With Your Landlords And Landladies. by nwakibe: 5:40pm On Sep 26, 2021
My former landlady, though dead, was a terrible human being.
But my current landlord is amazing. He wrote 6 months rent receipt and gave me for free last 3 months.
Re: Tenants, Please Share Your Experiences With Your Landlords And Landladies. by Rrchrd(m): 5:44pm On Sep 26, 2021
I can never & would never stay where landlord/landlady live even the house is cheaper
Re: Tenants, Please Share Your Experiences With Your Landlords And Landladies. by AutoChick4U(f): 5:46pm On Sep 26, 2021
15ssDRIVE:

Una don craze, but no one get mind tell you.

Imagine the level of your craziness now? If your read your story again, you go wan laugh die
The person he quoted didn't insult him or anything negative,thats maturity. People who cannot help and are frustrated are fast to condemn.

1 Like

Re: Tenants, Please Share Your Experiences With Your Landlords And Landladies. by Akalia(m): 5:46pm On Sep 26, 2021
Epeegee:
This post made me call my tenant just now,the way the woman sounds anytime I ask for house rent is just too bad,and I can't give her a quit notice because I know say country hard at the moment,most of you here are saying your landlords/landladies are bad,una no go talk about your own matters, undecided undecided undecided
Calm down landlord.
Re: Tenants, Please Share Your Experiences With Your Landlords And Landladies. by AutoChick4U(f): 5:49pm On Sep 26, 2021
Auxtin85:

?
He's saying a beggar has no choice. Sheyy d silly woman fit even try such now? People should always think about tomorrow when treating people anyhow.

1 Like

Re: Tenants, Please Share Your Experiences With Your Landlords And Landladies. by lomprico(m): 5:50pm On Sep 26, 2021
Avoid ikwerre man House!

1 Like

Re: Tenants, Please Share Your Experiences With Your Landlords And Landladies. by ravensckar(m): 5:55pm On Sep 26, 2021
I've always been lucky with my landladies; they have been very nice and motherly to me. And meself have always been a good boy to them. But you see the only landlord that I've had in my life? That man was terrible. Very shameless ( always wanting everyone to worship him). If you no bend down greet Baba, na war. If you no add 'sir' when talking to him, na case. Any little thing, Baba don go call police. He couldn't really touch me because he was afraid of my father who lived about 4 streets from ours.

2 Likes

Re: Tenants, Please Share Your Experiences With Your Landlords And Landladies. by YoungBlackRico(m): 5:58pm On Sep 26, 2021
Remag666:
How you take know say na Yoruba he dey type undecided
na rocket science? I'm not Igbo or hausa but I can tell them apart anywhere I spot 'em. undecided Rest
Re: Tenants, Please Share Your Experiences With Your Landlords And Landladies. by TUCHELseaTeam: 6:06pm On Sep 26, 2021
All 4 past landlords I've had have been good. I'd score one 5/10 (lived in the same compound), score one 6/10 (lived in the same compound), and the other two 8 or 9/10 (didn't live in the same compound).

Unfortunately, the one I'm currently having as landlord is a very arrogant, disrespectful and insecure police officer who easily frames up lies like SARS operatives would on innocent citizens. This is our 10th month here, but me and wifey decided on our very first month not to renew.

House was being given finishing touches (renovation) when we packed in. Dude abandoned us with underground pipe leakage, bad electrical switches and a few other repairs and would no longer pick our calls because we insisted it's maintenance we should handle (not leftover repairs). We're the only people living in the fenced compound with a 3 bedroom bungalow, yet within the first 4 months, this man came in on us 3 times as if somebody was carting his house away. And on none of these unwarranted visits did he preinform us. We would hear a knock on the gate and it's Austine. He would come in and start telling you how to take care of his flowers and all.

I ran into him at the ATM one time, and requested for his number because I had recently lost my phone. He said no, that I should give him mine instead, for him to flash me. I did give him and stood waiting for him to flash me. He left there saying he's flashing me but never did. Even the tenancy agreement that we signed and gave him to sign before moving in, we still haven't gotten it back. Every house here has prepaid meter except us. He keeps promising in vain.

So, one Sunday afternoon after church, we were sleeping and my phone rang. It was an unknown number. The voice said he's Alhaji Danjuma and that he's in front of my gate. I went and opened, only to see the idiotic landlord with prospective buyers of the house we're living in. No preinformation of any kind. The moment I opened, he quickly stepped forward as if he knew I would not hesitate to bang the gate on him. But I controlled myself because of the "guests" with him whom he brought to see the house they were interested in buying.

Even his boy, Iyke, was shocked that he didn't preinform me about his coming let alone about wanting to sell the house. I was really pissed that evening. The idiot is Igbo like myself and a young person too. All I will say is may life teach this Austine a bitter lesson

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tenants, Please Share Your Experiences With Your Landlords And Landladies. by Yampotatocarrot(m): 6:10pm On Sep 26, 2021
CR777:
A thread was created earlier today asking Landlords and landladies to share their experiences with tenants.

Link to the thread https://www.nairaland.com/6770910/landlords-landladies-share-experiences-tenants

Well, it didn't generate much traffic because we all know how it is living with a landlord or landlady here in this part of the world, they are always the ones looking for tenant's trouble especially the landladies who feel tenants should worship them each morning they wake up.

Please tenants, let's hear your experiences with your landlords and landladies. I'm sure readers won't ever make the mistake of living in the same building with landlords and landladies after going through this thread.

Walahi, you don kolo. Your write-up is damn funny

Where I currently live is the first apartment where the landlord will live in the same compound. Fortunately or unfortunately, I'm the only tenant in the compound.

Well, I was informed before getting the place that he poke noses a lot, so I try as much as possible to stay on my own. Leave early for work, hang out after work and return late... Shebi na when e see me e go fit begin talk
Re: Tenants, Please Share Your Experiences With Your Landlords And Landladies. by Davidganna10: 6:12pm On Sep 26, 2021
princewarri1985:
The most hilarious tenant landlord drama i have witnessed was when a self contain was vacant in my street and woman looking for an apartment went to the landlord that he wanted to rend the apartment and the landlord asked her how many of them was going to stay at in the apartment and she told the landlord it's just gonna be her and her 3 daughters, but the land was shocked the day they came to occupy the apartment with their belongings that each of the woman 3 daughters has 2 children each including 1 cousin, and the landlord saw the multitude and he knelt down and told the woman 'madam abeg you non go fit pack all this crowd enter my house abeg i go transfer your house rent give you back nom now, and non worry i go help you pay the trailer driver the money him take help you pack the things' The next day the landlord place a sign board in his gate with inscription 'HOUSE 4 RENT A BACHELOR OR SPINSER ONLY PLEASE I MEAN ONLY 1 PERSON" LoL
the funniest comment of the month. My Belle ooo ;[/center] grin grin

1 Like

Re: Tenants, Please Share Your Experiences With Your Landlords And Landladies. by Nobody: 6:14pm On Sep 26, 2021
Omó iyà kan niwa...owa nse bimpe ogbò yorúba grin no be rocket science but if you sabi this one make I shit pin.
YoungBlackRico:
na rocket science? I'm not Igbo or hausa but I can tell them apart anywhere I spot 'em. undecided Rest
Re: Tenants, Please Share Your Experiences With Your Landlords And Landladies. by AXYZ: 6:22pm On Sep 26, 2021
Auxtin85:

His friend died in 2006

Inside life. May his soul find some rest.
Re: Tenants, Please Share Your Experiences With Your Landlords And Landladies. by chikason22(m): 6:29pm On Sep 26, 2021
spirul77:
I ran away from my first house in keffi because I impregnated my landlord's daughter, an only daughter for that matter, a week later den Don carry the girl go her aunt place for jos, just a week after, she called me and told me she had a miscarriage. Bitter/sweet news cry
After scoring an own goal, you ran away like a coward. Do you know I hate cowards. Especially that vulture griller

2 Likes

Re: Tenants, Please Share Your Experiences With Your Landlords And Landladies. by ComeToJesus: 6:30pm On Sep 26, 2021
My landlady, a very good woman approached me to 'toast' her daughter and subsequently marry her. I don't want to reveal more details because the daughter in question may be on this platform.

This was to come with a reward. The reward, I won't mention because it'll be a clue for her to know I'm the one posting.
Re: Tenants, Please Share Your Experiences With Your Landlords And Landladies. by Tommmy(m): 6:39pm On Sep 26, 2021
What a small world..captain Olu Alufa is my colleague, and is so fascinating reading this this nice review about him. Bless u.

My former landlord Captain olu Alufa Wellington from ijero ekiti was such a nice soul. He's down to earth. You won't know the difference between the tenants n the landlord. His wife too was damn too nice. Tried starting my gen one night but couldn't only for the landlady to come down herself to help start it despite the fact that the sound would disturb them a bit in their apartment.
At a stage knowing I was single,I was introduced to their engineer who was also searching. I always pray for them for to reap the good fruits of their labour. [/quote]

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

"His Supersport, Her Zeeworld"....a Nairalander Shares Pre-wedding Photos / Is It Ever Okay For A Woman To Propose To A Man? / 7 Ways Nigerian Ladies Stylishly Request Recharge Card From Guys

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.