Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,069 members, 7,814,691 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 05:29 PM

Tenants, Please Share Your Experiences With Your Landlords And Landladies. - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Tenants, Please Share Your Experiences With Your Landlords And Landladies. (27742 Views)

Govt Should Intervene Women Are Killing Men, No More Landlord Just Landladies / Ladies Dating Quiet Men, Share Your Experiences / My Landlords Wife Is Tempting Me. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tenants, Please Share Your Experiences With Your Landlords And Landladies. by abbey086(m): 3:50pm On Sep 26, 2021
Re: Tenants, Please Share Your Experiences With Your Landlords And Landladies. by Idislike9: 3:50pm On Sep 26, 2021
CitynewsNG:
Mine na old mama for BQ then. Whala everytime screaming my name to go and open gate, like I be gateman �.. And
lol
Re: Tenants, Please Share Your Experiences With Your Landlords And Landladies. by femi4: 3:50pm On Sep 26, 2021
Always increasing the rent.
Re: Tenants, Please Share Your Experiences With Your Landlords And Landladies. by BigDawsNet: 3:52pm On Sep 26, 2021
wink. She got a big 3 apartments house...

My job is to pay my rents which will cover her mortgage...

Very friendly often invite me for dinner

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tenants, Please Share Your Experiences With Your Landlords And Landladies. by Sebastine1994(m): 3:53pm On Sep 26, 2021
My landlord is a retired civil servant, an old curious old man that want to try out everything.

His only weakpoint is politics, when you agree with him he can do anything for you.

If you don't trust his account of history, you become enemies.

I exploited this weakness and I have never paid rent in 3 years

NOTE;. I have learnt one thing in life, always tell people what they want to hear, avoid argument if possible, support the underdog if necessary and you have made a friend for life.

It is easy to be right, but it is difficult to be right and alone. I turn loners into leaders.

There are no truth , only perception of the truth.

62 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Tenants, Please Share Your Experiences With Your Landlords And Landladies. by NoToPile: 3:53pm On Sep 26, 2021
The original post is even biased, you have concluded that its the landlord that looks for the tenants trouble.

If Tenants too will keep to their end of the contract peace will always reign.

Its a 2way thing .

14 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Tenants, Please Share Your Experiences With Your Landlords And Landladies. by Misternas89(m): 3:54pm On Sep 26, 2021
CR777:
A thread was created earlier today asking Landlords and landladies to share their experiences with tenants.

Link to the thread https://www.nairaland.com/6770910/landlords-landladies-share-experiences-tenants

Well, it didn't generate much traffic because we all know how it is living with a landlord or landlady here in this part of the world, they are always the ones looking for tenant's trouble especially the landladies who feel tenants should worship them each morning they wake up.

Please tenants, let's hear your experiences with your landlords and landladies. I'm sure readers won't ever make the mistake of living in the same building with landlords and landladies after going through this thread.
4-5 pages and it still did not generate traffic I rest my case !!!

1 Like

Re: Tenants, Please Share Your Experiences With Your Landlords And Landladies. by Misternas89(m): 3:55pm On Sep 26, 2021
CR777:
A thread was created earlier today asking Landlords and landladies to share their experiences with tenants.

Link to the thread https://www.nairaland.com/6770910/landlords-landladies-share-experiences-tenants

Well, it didn't generate much traffic because we all know how it is living with a landlord or landlady here in this part of the world, they are always the ones looking for tenant's trouble especially the landladies who feel tenants should worship them each morning they wake up.

Please tenants, let's hear your experiences with your landlords and landladies. I'm sure readers won't ever make the mistake of living in the same building with landlords and landladies after going through this thread.
4-5 pages and it still no generate traffic I rest my case !!!
Re: Tenants, Please Share Your Experiences With Your Landlords And Landladies. by MrHighSea: 3:55pm On Sep 26, 2021
Former l/lady called yesterday to inquire about how I'm adjusting to my new place.

She and the husband fit make you no build house. homely and understanding couple. Rich and American citizens too. Very little Nigerian in them.

Had to thank them with drink when I was leaving. God bless them.

I can see a bit of those qualities in my new L/lady.

26 Likes

Re: Tenants, Please Share Your Experiences With Your Landlords And Landladies. by TeeGentle(m): 3:55pm On Sep 26, 2021
Wahala be like cat and rat

1 Like

Re: Tenants, Please Share Your Experiences With Your Landlords And Landladies. by Chopchopfine: 3:55pm On Sep 26, 2021
My own problem is that, since I moved in in June na every 2weeks pumping machine da spoil. It's crazy

Please check this out

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pxUOvwRLd3U
Re: Tenants, Please Share Your Experiences With Your Landlords And Landladies. by MVLOX(m): 3:55pm On Sep 26, 2021
I dey come
Re: Tenants, Please Share Your Experiences With Your Landlords And Landladies. by hybridblood07(m): 3:55pm On Sep 26, 2021
Landlords and Landladies are part of our problems in this country mist especially the ones who inherited or developers. They just inflate house rent without any form of renovation or other necessary things. They are only after their money which make things worse. If we have a regulated board system that checkmate all these people ehn, it will stop a lot of their nonsense.

2 Likes

Re: Tenants, Please Share Your Experiences With Your Landlords And Landladies. by NaughtyBrainiac: 3:56pm On Sep 26, 2021
I once had a Landlady that was friendly but too tough.

I also showed her pepper in return but I was always ending up apologising to her because I always disrespected her whenever she started her wahala.

Trust me, she had a way of always pushing one to the wall.

We fought several times and reconciled several times throughout the period I lived in her house.

I liked the woman but her wahala was just out of this world.

12 Likes

Re: Tenants, Please Share Your Experiences With Your Landlords And Landladies. by jachi001(f): 3:57pm On Sep 26, 2021
I have an amazing landlord! Just yesterday here he shared 10kg of rice for all his tenants. God bless him.

18 Likes

Re: Tenants, Please Share Your Experiences With Your Landlords And Landladies. by Promzy99: 3:57pm On Sep 26, 2021
Wheneva am lookin 4 a house, I first check if the landlord or landlady lives within. I had a bad experience durin my years in school. My landlord was very diabolic. He does dis ritual of killing fowls, spillin d blood around d compound nd hangin red/white pieces of cloth on every tree. Some nites u cn't sleep due to scary sounds of footsteps on d zinc. Although, I packed out after 5 months, record has it that most students died in dat lodge durin NYSC, while some neva graduated. Very scary xperience.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tenants, Please Share Your Experiences With Your Landlords And Landladies. by queenitee(f): 3:59pm On Sep 26, 2021
ChiefSosa:
My landlady was cool as ice! She lived in another house close by with her husband and kids 'cause she doesn't want to be the type of person that'll make tenants fidget or be afraid to live as they please. Although, we were from different countries, but she treated me like a brother and even allowed me come over to their main house as much as I please. She was open to ANY form of conversation. Even when I was moving out, she gave me money worth around #100K in Naira as a parting gift!
Her only rule: Don't do anything illegal that'll attract the police.
Very amazing woman

8 Likes

Re: Tenants, Please Share Your Experiences With Your Landlords And Landladies. by Ekitibiased(m): 3:59pm On Sep 26, 2021
Teaching them the lesson of their life. Dont need to even say a word to make your stance clear.

Selfish beings taking full money for rent and still questioning prospective tenants like its a job application. Tenants be very sensible and don't pay more than 1 year rent. There should even be 6 months option......different people have varying levels to tolerate bullshit.

In the long run, shared accomodation will be the common thing. Just need a place to sleep, lagos is getting really ridiculous. Time off to brainstorm on this affordable shared accomodation plan, which will be so popular within the next few years

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tenants, Please Share Your Experiences With Your Landlords And Landladies. by Samuelriano(m): 3:59pm On Sep 26, 2021
Auxtin85:
In 2003, my dad couldn’t pay our rent for a 3 bedrooms apartment, he was given quit notice, he had no money to rent another apartment, the caretaker came and throw our stuffs out, I and my younger sister went to stay with my grandma, my dad went to stay with his friend where he was sleeping in his friend’s living room…. His friend’s wife will send him on an errand, his friend won’t say a word. Thank God my dad own 5 houses today and a hotel, building my third house.

Me and my tenant talk like friends

this story just inspired me

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tenants, Please Share Your Experiences With Your Landlords And Landladies. by BigBashiru: 4:00pm On Sep 26, 2021
tempem:
I have an amazing landlord.

We live in the same compound. For example, I left home weeks ago. He called me, asking after my welfare.

I've personally gone to the bar to get him cold drinks and cat fish.

Trust me, man is dope.

he cannot be asking about your welfare because he doesn't really care... he just wants to know your plans and movement and to make sure it serves his interests....dont be so gullible.

6 Likes

Re: Tenants, Please Share Your Experiences With Your Landlords And Landladies. by hahn(m): 4:00pm On Sep 26, 2021
My former landlord....

If he is on fire I won't bring my dick out to pee on him to put the fire out undecided

2 Likes

Re: Tenants, Please Share Your Experiences With Your Landlords And Landladies. by joyfullyjoyous(f): 4:01pm On Sep 26, 2021
My former landlord Captain olu Alufa Wellington from ijero ekiti was such a nice soul. He's down to earth. You won't know the difference between the tenants n the landlord. His wife too was damn too nice. Tried starting my gen one night but couldn't only for the landlady to come down herself to help start it despite the fact that the sound would disturb them a bit in their apartment.
At a stage knowing I was single,I was introduced to their engineer who was also searching. I always pray for them for to reap the good fruits of their labour.

38 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tenants, Please Share Your Experiences With Your Landlords And Landladies. by zeeace(m): 4:02pm On Sep 26, 2021
Make una go build una own house.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tenants, Please Share Your Experiences With Your Landlords And Landladies. by Ayo2004: 4:02pm On Sep 26, 2021
Auxtin85:
In 2003, my dad couldn’t pay our rent for a 3 bedrooms apartment, he was given quit notice, he had no money to rent another apartment, the caretaker came and throw our stuffs out, I and my younger sister went to stay with my grandma, my dad went to stay with his friend where he was sleeping in his friend’s living room…. His friend’s wife will send him on an errand, his friend won’t say a word. Thank God my dad own 5 houses today and a hotel, building my third house.

Good for your dad but I hope u know it's not the landlord's fault

5 Likes

Re: Tenants, Please Share Your Experiences With Your Landlords And Landladies. by Nobody: 4:03pm On Sep 26, 2021
Auxtin85:

I could hit the "like " icon a 1000000 times if it were possible. a useless ex friend of mine has a wife like your dad's friend.after giving them better long rope for a long time over the wify behavior,they came to my marriage, i walked both of them out of my wedding ceremony. I hate simps

10 Likes

Re: Tenants, Please Share Your Experiences With Your Landlords And Landladies. by spirul77: 4:04pm On Sep 26, 2021
I ran away from my first house in keffi because I impregnated my landlord's daughter, an only daughter for that matter, a week later den Don carry the girl go her aunt place for jos, just a week after, she called me and told me she had a miscarriage. Bitter/sweet news cry

10 Likes

Re: Tenants, Please Share Your Experiences With Your Landlords And Landladies. by tempem: 4:04pm On Sep 26, 2021
BigBashiru:

he cannot be asking about your welfare because he doesn't really care... he just wants to know your plans and movement and to make sure it serves his interests....dont be so gullible.

Lol! How daft!!

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Can One Be In Love With Two People At The Same Time? / Ekene Ezepue Weds Maria Olukunle (Photos) / My Fiancée Is Pregnant

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.