Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,900 members, 7,828,170 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 04:15 AM

Tenants, Please Share Your Experiences With Your Landlords And Landladies. - Romance (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Tenants, Please Share Your Experiences With Your Landlords And Landladies. (27786 Views)

Govt Should Intervene Women Are Killing Men, No More Landlord Just Landladies / Ladies Dating Quiet Men, Share Your Experiences / My Landlords Wife Is Tempting Me. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tenants, Please Share Your Experiences With Your Landlords And Landladies. by Promzy99: 6:44pm On Sep 26, 2021
Ebhod20:

And you people never report or burn the apartment
undecided
Ebhod20:

And you people never report or burn the apartment
Community always protect dia own. The indigines are rascals. Most of dem cultist. They wil come 4 u, b4 d info wil even get 2 school authorities.
Re: Tenants, Please Share Your Experiences With Your Landlords And Landladies. by Whitebeer2k: 6:46pm On Sep 26, 2021
Na till you have family landlord or landlady na there you go no say some land lord day very wicked, every day na complain.... when you have landlord with old generation family way no see husband house, that can house avoid am...make God see us true

2 Likes

Re: Tenants, Please Share Your Experiences With Your Landlords And Landladies. by blazebaba(m): 6:49pm On Sep 26, 2021
winnerolivia:
please can I DM you privately,
My house rent was stolen by thieves and I have no where to go Currently
Guy this your lie must be handled with strong hand....haba.
Re: Tenants, Please Share Your Experiences With Your Landlords And Landladies. by DavidHume(m): 7:02pm On Sep 26, 2021
TUCHELseaTeam:
All 4 past landlords I've had have been good. I'd score one 5/10 (lived in the same compound), score one 6/10 (lived in the same compound), and the other two 8 or 9/10 (didn't live in the same compound).

Unfortunately, the one I'm currently having as landlord is a very arrogant, disrespectful and insecure police officer who easily frames up lies like SARS operatives would on innocent citizens. This is our 10th month here, but me and wifey decided on our very first month not to renew.

House was being given finishing touches (renovation) when we packed in. Dude abandoned us with underground pipe leakage, bad electrical switches and a few other repairs and would no longer pick our calls because we insisted it's maintenance we should handle (not leftover repairs). We're the only people living in the fenced compound with a 3 bedroom bungalow, yet within the first 4 months, this man came in on us 3 times as if somebody was carting his house away. And on none of these unwarranted visits did he preinform us. We would hear a knock on the gate and it's Austine. He would come in and start telling you how to take care of his flowers and all.

I ran into him at the ATM one time, and requested for his number because I had recently lost my phone. He said no, that I should give him mine instead, for him to flash me. I did give him and stood waiting for him to flash me. He left there saying he's flashing me but never did. Even the tenancy agreement that we signed and gave him to sign before moving in, we still haven't gotten it back. Every house here has prepaid meter except us. He keeps promising in vain.

So, one Sunday afternoon after church, we were sleeping and my phone rang. It was an unknown number. The voice said he's Alhaji Danjuma and that he's in front of my gate. I went and opened, only to see the idiotic landlord with prospective buyers of the house we're living in. No preinformation of any kind. The moment I opened, he quickly stepped forward as if he knew I would not hesitate to bang the gate on him. But I controlled myself because of the "guests" with him whom he brought to see the house they were interested in buying.

Even his boy, Iyke, was shocked that he didn't preinform me about his coming let alone about wanting to sell the house. I was really pissed that evening. The idiot is Igbo like myself and a young person too. All I will say is may life teach this Austine a bitter lesson

This is quite similar to what my landlady did . Leaves in a self lone compound 3bedded apartment but mama can come knock on Monday morning when coming back from church an 80yrs old woman wat else does she do.dan go to work with a very terrible attitude

1 Like

Re: Tenants, Please Share Your Experiences With Your Landlords And Landladies. by Anthonyola(m): 7:07pm On Sep 26, 2021
You can be your own LANDLORD in Lagos state, Island with Brit Properties Nigeria Ltd with an installment payment of any of our estate lands.
Site inspection is FREE come and see for yourself then go verify the land at Alausa before commencement of payment. WhatsApp me for more details 07031950967
Re: Tenants, Please Share Your Experiences With Your Landlords And Landladies. by djukum1: 7:15pm On Sep 26, 2021
Y experience with my land Lord is what everyone will pray to experience.
I have a landlord who took me as their own child, the gave me an apartment for free. They give me open hand to maintain the house the way I will live my house to be like. God bless this my landlord and grant their heart desire.
I love u oga landlord ��

3 Likes

Re: Tenants, Please Share Your Experiences With Your Landlords And Landladies. by Teewohh(m): 7:20pm On Sep 26, 2021
My landlord and his wife were both same. The husband is police officer and wife a Pastor in a popular Pentecostal church.

Only them can use car in the compound. The first time I brought a car home, they started complaining about the muds from the tyres...

The dogs in the house are so crazy and they attack every other tenant except the landlord and his family members.. All complaints were ignored.

I am married and my family stays with me. Unfortunately, You can not host visitors, male visitors are termed miscreants/yahoo boys while female visitors are termed as having extral marital affairs.

It was a bad experience for me as I was threatened by the landlord to be locked up because he is a police officer.

I tried as much as possible to be calm throughout my stay and avoid trouble but they were comfortable having issues with all tenants as all the tenants had same experience I had. Mine was still better compared to what others endured.

In fact, a tenant only spent 6months and packed out. I spend 1 year though.

A very bad experience...

4 Likes

Re: Tenants, Please Share Your Experiences With Your Landlords And Landladies. by Leexir02(f): 7:24pm On Sep 26, 2021
Please tenants, let's hear your experiences with your landlords and landladies. I'm sure readers won't ever make the mistake of living in the same building with landlords and landladies after going through this thread.[/quote]

My landlord is something else, he is worst than our General at the top, he typically rips the tenants off at any opportunity and no accountability whatsoever for bills payment. He just charges and make trouble till you pay.

Plumbing works are quack and there is issue all the time from different flats, no water to serve the whole compound and he hasn't finish his dream house even after 30years plus he claimed to have built the house, he still disturbs with reconstruction once any tenant pays rent�.

He treat you nicely once you just pack in and start showing his true colour once a new tenants is in that he can famz. Once you complain about any of his inappropriate act, be ready for a quit notice. I can't wait to get out of here�
Re: Tenants, Please Share Your Experiences With Your Landlords And Landladies. by Hemmataiwo10(m): 7:55pm On Sep 26, 2021
This topic is a very interesting one,landlords/landladies matter.
There are two categories of landlords and landladies (good and bad).fortunately,my landlady was a kind hearted woman who will always face her business,she prefer to communicates with her tenants through her employed caretaker to avoid putting them in discomfort. The landlady lives with her husband ( both retired teacher)in the same compound.as corpers,most corps members will always create trouble especially when it is time for electricity bills payment but instead to reprise,they wisely settle the matter and calm the corp members with elderly wisdom.they are simply wonderful,God bless them forever,baba BALOGUN, agbaluku,ondo state.I will never forget how they help to get a side hustle job for me to augment my monthly alawee as they know that federal government do fail most time.

1 Like

Re: Tenants, Please Share Your Experiences With Your Landlords And Landladies. by samuel051: 8:04pm On Sep 26, 2021
My previous landlord is a goat,a rapist and a pervert,his wife knows he steals but always cover for him.criminal nobody stays in his house above 3months
Ungrateful hegoat. Avoid anybody called Suleiman and never rent their apartment, speaking from two experience with suleiman's.

3 Likes

Re: Tenants, Please Share Your Experiences With Your Landlords And Landladies. by Kakamorufu(m): 8:23pm On Sep 26, 2021
lomprico:
Avoid ikwerre man House!
God bless you
Re: Tenants, Please Share Your Experiences With Your Landlords And Landladies. by Ronjule: 8:27pm On Sep 26, 2021
cheesy grin grin grin cheesy lwkmd
CitynewsNG:
Mine na old mama for BQ then. Whala everytime screaming my name to go and open gate, like I be gateman �.. And
Re: Tenants, Please Share Your Experiences With Your Landlords And Landladies. by Epeegee(m): 8:36pm On Sep 26, 2021
Akalia:
Calm down landlord.

I no dey ves bro,no be me build house nah,nah inheritance so I have to be careful
Re: Tenants, Please Share Your Experiences With Your Landlords And Landladies. by NoToPile: 8:46pm On Sep 26, 2021
Drizzy5001:
My landlord no get person time, he is a busy man, hardly stays at home, his wife is very nice too. just pay your rent and everything will be cool..

For most landlords the bolded is always the issh let me also add 'add pay your rent, other utilities , maintain the house and everything will be cool' if for any reason you can't pay on time inform the landlord don't try to play smart.

2 Likes

Re: Tenants, Please Share Your Experiences With Your Landlords And Landladies. by NoToPile: 8:58pm On Sep 26, 2021
Well our own landlord refused to send his ID card for us to process prepaid meter and also told us not to use ours meanwhile they had already installed the free meter and you can't recharge without registering with an ID.

In his own words 'they just want to get your details to use against you'. grin grin grin

Baba is in obodo oyinbo we in naija are saying this is how they do it, baba said lailai oo, disagreed with the caretaker , disagreed with us, the issue was so annoyingly hilarious. Last last we solved it after some months.

One thing I have realized is when dealing with old folks you just have to be patient. It was later we got to know baba had trust issues - a former tenant was claiming he owned babas house, was even using the vacant flat as church grin baba got to hear abroad and didn't want any tenant registering any thing concerning his house. grin grin

1 Like

Re: Tenants, Please Share Your Experiences With Your Landlords And Landladies. by One4me: 9:26pm On Sep 26, 2021
CR777:
A thread was created earlier today asking Landlords and landladies to share their experiences with tenants.

Link to the thread https://www.nairaland.com/6770910/landlords-landladies-share-experiences-tenants

Well, it didn't generate much traffic because we all know how it is living with a landlord or landlady here in this part of the world, they are always the ones looking for tenant's trouble especially the landladies who feel tenants should worship them each morning they wake up.

Please tenants, let's hear your experiences with your landlords and landladies. I'm sure readers won't ever make the mistake of living in the same building with landlords and landladies after going through this thread.

Some of you are so entrapped in Poverty, that your brain is not telling you that "a Tenant today, is a Landlord tomorrow"!
Instead of wasting your energy agonising about Landlords/Landladies, use that energy to buy a Land and with time, build one small Self Contain on it and just like that, you are also a Landlord yourself.

Your experience as a Tenant and all the whining, counts for nothing.
Las las, the Landlord will throw you sorry ass out of his/her house and that is it.

Others will be too happy to rent the same House and even pay the Landlord a higher amount, while you will pay higher for the new place you would rent, so whose loss it it?

A Tenant is a Tenant and you have no choice than to respect and obey the owner of the house, otherwise you pack out. SIMPLES..
When you build your own house, the same thing applies.
Coming from a Tenant and now a Landlord.

BTW, the other thread did not generate much traffic because Landlords are too busy making Money, to be bothered with whining online

1 Like

Re: Tenants, Please Share Your Experiences With Your Landlords And Landladies. by Techyjoe12: 9:30pm On Sep 26, 2021
SmartPolician:
My landlord is apparently the most useless human being on planet Earth. I know why. The reason is so sensitive to discuss on this forum.
Baba this is a faceless forum na, please yarn us
Re: Tenants, Please Share Your Experiences With Your Landlords And Landladies. by One4me: 9:43pm On Sep 26, 2021
raymondhillmimi:
My landlord is very difficult and I'm considering relocating at any moment. I have been living in an apartment with a leaking roof for almost 2 years now. I live alone in a 3 bedroom apartment, 3 of them have leaking Rooftops, it's soo bad that I cannot have a visitor because every corner of the room is leaking! Everything in the other rooms is damaged!

I have called! screamed! Lamented! Before I paid the last rent he assured me it will be fixed the next week! this was Last year and till today nothing has been done about it.

In my own room, any time I want to go out I have to carry the foam to a corner and if it rains in the middle of the night I would have to sleep in the parlor. My Rent expired last month and the idiot wants me to renew so he can use part of the money to fix it. Am waiting for him to come and ask me in person then he will get a piece of me.

Get him to agree to fi the Roof and you deduct the agreed cost from his Rent.
If your Rent has expired, what are you still doing in the house then?
I guess you are one of those debtor tenants, from what you wrote. undecided
Re: Tenants, Please Share Your Experiences With Your Landlords And Landladies. by gstream: 10:01pm On Sep 26, 2021
Oga youself hear yourself, you are waiting for landlord, probably lagos landlord o, to come repair your roof till your property got damaged,,,o wrong nau.
raymondhillmimi:
My landlord is very difficult and I'm considering relocating at any moment. I have been living in an apartment with a leaking roof for almost 2 years now. I live alone in a 3 bedroom apartment, 3 of them have leaking Rooftops, it's soo bad that I cannot have a visitor because every corner of the room is leaking! Everything in the other rooms is damaged!

I have called! screamed! Lamented! Before I paid the last rent he assured me it will be fixed the next week! this was Last year and till today nothing has been done about it.

In my own room, any time I want to go out I have to carry the foam to a corner and if it rains in the middle of the night I would have to sleep in the parlor. My Rent expired last month and the idiot wants me to renew so he can use part of the money to fix it. Am waiting for him to come and ask me in person then he will get a piece of me.
Re: Tenants, Please Share Your Experiences With Your Landlords And Landladies. by One4me: 10:05pm On Sep 26, 2021
Tallest45:
During my Service year, my landlord was totally a fun man... Just pay dues and una no get wahala.

The bolded is what most Tenants are yet to realise.
Rule #1: Pay your Rent on time, No excuse, Landlord hate excuses.

Rule #2: Respect your Landlord and dont start "forming" just because you pay Rent, it is still his House.

Every other thing is just discuss, discuss and discuss.

1 Like

Re: Tenants, Please Share Your Experiences With Your Landlords And Landladies. by Blackmiserable(m): 10:13pm On Sep 26, 2021
ComeToJesus:
My landlady, a very good woman approached me to 'toast' her daughter and subsequently marry her. I don't want to reveal more details because the daughter in question may be on this platform.

This was to come with a reward. The reward, I won't mention because it'll be a clue for her to know I'm the one posting.

Interesting. Like, she doesn't see you with another woman or you don't have a woman you're courting currently?

When it comes to sharing personal details online, I'm discreet as shit, even offline sef, but I experienced something like this 12 years ago when I was working in Sokoto.
Re: Tenants, Please Share Your Experiences With Your Landlords And Landladies. by One4me: 10:16pm On Sep 26, 2021
nwakibe:
My former landlady, though dead, was a terrible human being.
But my current landlord is amazing. He wrote 6 months rent receipt and gave me for free last 3 months.

Why is it that the only time a Landlord is good to some of you is when you can owe him Rent and he does not ask?
But if he demands for his Rent, then he is a bad Landlord!

Some Landlords also have plan for that Rent because tot them, the House is an Investment
Re: Tenants, Please Share Your Experiences With Your Landlords And Landladies. by kherlly(m): 10:21pm On Sep 26, 2021
Just found out earlier today my landlord sold his house... No job and nothing in my acct to get new apartment.... I'll squat with someone till I see a new job and save for new apartment just not myself since noon
Re: Tenants, Please Share Your Experiences With Your Landlords And Landladies. by ComeToJesus: 10:21pm On Sep 26, 2021
Blackmiserable:

Interesting. Like, she doesn't see you with another woman or you don't have a woman you're courting currently?

When it comes to sharing personal details online, I'm discreet as shit, even offline sef, but I experienced something like this 12 years ago when I was working in Sokoto.
She wasn't staying in the same compound with me and she had rightly asked if I'm engaged and I answered no!
Re: Tenants, Please Share Your Experiences With Your Landlords And Landladies. by Blackmiserable(m): 10:56pm On Sep 26, 2021
ComeToJesus:

She wasn't staying in the same compound with me and she had rightly asked if I'm engaged and I answered no!

Does the daughter live in the same compound? I guess no.

So where comes the familiarity to have warranted such requests? I am trying to imagine why a landlord or landlady would ask one of the tenants to court his daughters. You must be very upright, I guess - I mean, they have observed your movement and doings to a reasonable extent even though they do not live close-by as you claimed, but what do I know.

Without going into details, did you take the offer?
Re: Tenants, Please Share Your Experiences With Your Landlords And Landladies. by gstream: 11:05pm On Sep 26, 2021
Apostle Suleman nko?
samuel051:
My previous landlord is a goat,a rapist and a pervert,his wife knows he steals but always cover for him.criminal nobody stays in his house above 3months
Ungrateful hegoat. Avoid anybody called Suleiman and never rent their apartment, speaking from two experience with suleiman's.
Re: Tenants, Please Share Your Experiences With Your Landlords And Landladies. by odimbannamdi(m): 11:25pm On Sep 26, 2021
princewarri1985:
The most hilarious tenant landlord drama i have witnessed was when a self contain was vacant in my street and woman looking for an apartment went to the landlord that he wanted to rend the apartment and the landlord asked her how many of them was going to stay at in the apartment and she told the landlord it's just gonna be her and her 3 daughters, but the land was shocked the day they came to occupy the apartment with their belongings that each of the woman 3 daughters has 2 children each including 1 cousin, and the landlord saw the multitude and he knelt down and told the woman 'madam abeg you non go fit pack all this crowd enter my house abeg i go transfer your house rent give you back nom now, and non worry i go help you pay the trailer driver the money him take help you pack the things' The next day the landlord place a sign board in his gate with inscription 'HOUSE 4 RENT A BACHELOR OR SPINSER ONLY PLEASE I MEAN ONLY 1 PERSON" LoL

cheesy grin
Re: Tenants, Please Share Your Experiences With Your Landlords And Landladies. by Samuelriano(m): 12:00am On Sep 27, 2021
Auxtin85:

Nothing is impossible bro
yeah
Re: Tenants, Please Share Your Experiences With Your Landlords And Landladies. by 15ssDRIVE(m): 1:04am On Sep 27, 2021
AutoChick4U:
The person he quoted didn't insult him or anything negative,thats maturity. People who cannot help and are frustrated are fast to condemn.

Hope this your reply makes you happy now . Please give him the rental abeg!!!
Re: Tenants, Please Share Your Experiences With Your Landlords And Landladies. by YoungBlackRico(m): 3:59am On Sep 27, 2021
Remag666:
Omó iyà kan niwa...owa nse bimpe ogbò yorúba grin no be rocket science but if you sabi this one make I shit pin.
Hope you get an accommodation soon
Baba rest. You don even dey get shít confused, I'm not the guy, just had to point that shii out.

And Yoruba is probably the easiest out of the big three.

Btw, you go shìt pin tire o, 'cause omo k'aro ojiire ni mi!
Re: Tenants, Please Share Your Experiences With Your Landlords And Landladies. by FRANKOSKI(m): 4:14am On Sep 27, 2021
THE TOILET IS Bad,he said if can't stay let me pack.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Things You Need To Know About 'Office Romance'. / Kenyan Man Cuts Off Penis, Says Its Useless To Him / Virgins' Club!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.