Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,146 members, 7,815,016 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:49 AM

Diasporans How Much Do You Spend In Nigeria During Visits? - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Diasporans How Much Do You Spend In Nigeria During Visits? (27510 Views)

How Much Do You Spend In A Day For Transport / Is It Safe To Visit Nigeria During This Pandemic? / 10 Places To Visit In Nigeria During Christmas Holidays (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Diasporans How Much Do You Spend In Nigeria During Visits? by Nobody: 12:26pm On Sep 28, 2021
Sirmuel1:

Rubbish talk. Did he ask you for money? Tell him how you traveled and that's all.

If you're not ready, to help... Just keep quiet. All these Nigerians are so wicked. Once they climb a ladder, they pull it down, so others won't climb and compete with them.

"Tell him how you traveled" how else do people travel. You book appointment with the embassy, the call you for interview, you get your visa, you buy flight tickets and off you go. Or is there some secret traveling means out there

17 Likes

Re: Diasporans How Much Do You Spend In Nigeria During Visits? by ufotty2001: 12:26pm On Sep 28, 2021
bjdon:
It all depends on how you to decide to live. Many Nigerians abroad, choose to live in Hotels in Lagos/PH/Abuja when they come home. That is very expensive. I live modestly when I come to Nigeria, I hardly eat out and avoid too much nightlife (Might have 2 or 3 fun nights and thats it). There is no reason why N1 million should not last a month, if you are prudent
Despite naira is useless .. you guys can't spend freely then why are you guys in abroad

2 Likes

Re: Diasporans How Much Do You Spend In Nigeria During Visits? by Angelfrost(m): 12:26pm On Sep 28, 2021
Charmingrascal:

"If Nigeria better tommorow" is a future impossible tense

Let's just leave it at "Impossible"!... Nothing like Future or Tense!!! tongue
Re: Diasporans How Much Do You Spend In Nigeria During Visits? by pfadom: 12:27pm On Sep 28, 2021
marttye:
Are those in Togo qualified to be diasporans

Even the those Nigerians in Benin Republic, Chad, Niger and Cameroon are Diasporans.
Re: Diasporans How Much Do You Spend In Nigeria During Visits? by Jaqenhghar: 12:27pm On Sep 28, 2021
NoFucksToGive:
The story long

Nigeria isn't a country.. everything is just too expensive.. worse still when you ar eused to paying $1.50c for stuff and getting those coins with value then you come to Nigeria and realize how valueless the naira is
If to say yoy dey get anything with the money sef .... thats why I laugh when I hear people say we should stay back because people are " making it".
You need to be a Billionaire to live the live of a middle class family in any western country. Even then.....

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Diasporans How Much Do You Spend In Nigeria During Visits? by Nobody: 12:28pm On Sep 28, 2021
udemzyudex:
Who we go believe now ehn?

The people up there are saying naija is expensive when they visited but some people over there will say living abroad especially in US is very expensive that it is better to stay here in naija.

Who we go believe now ehn?

They're all saying the truth as it relates to their personal experiences.

1 Like

Re: Diasporans How Much Do You Spend In Nigeria During Visits? by Angelfrost(m): 12:28pm On Sep 28, 2021
chatinent:

When I thought I had seen it all..

Well... Na still question anyway!!!

Men wey dey Ghana or Botswana dey form over-superior to their people stuck in Naija!! grin
Re: Diasporans How Much Do You Spend In Nigeria During Visits? by ArticleBeast: 12:28pm On Sep 28, 2021
Sirmuel1:

If you want to help someone, HELP HIM! Nigeria is a mess.
Anywhere outside Nigeria is 10x better.
Na this mentality make most guys dey abroad they suffer. He only told the guy the bitter truth.

9 Likes

Re: Diasporans How Much Do You Spend In Nigeria During Visits? by toprealman: 12:30pm On Sep 28, 2021
Vietnaminfo:

I am in Austria. Every country has it's pros and cons. I came as a student. I have €13,000 as prove of fund before anything. I advise you to check yourself very well before make a journey in any country. No country is easy bro. [s]If Nigeria is better tomorrow, 99% of guys outside will chose to come back. You will not understand until you come. [/s]Don't allow any agent to decive you. To survive in Nigeria is not easy likewise abroad. If you are not financially efficient, I will advise you to hold on to what you are doing in Nigeria
Re: Diasporans How Much Do You Spend In Nigeria During Visits? by Angelfrost(m): 12:30pm On Sep 28, 2021
Sirmuel1:

Anywhere??!...

Northern Cyprus
Venezuela
Afghanistan
Somalia
Haiti
Etc...

Please, what exactly do you mean by "Anywhere outside Nigeria"??! undecided

14 Likes

Re: Diasporans How Much Do You Spend In Nigeria During Visits? by AlabiKILLER2021(m): 12:30pm On Sep 28, 2021
TimeTraveller:

You don't have sense. "Nigeria is a mess" and people are making it here.
You can't make it ANYWHERE with this silly mentality.
It is people like you that sell drugs in South Africa and Malaysia.
The advice he gave is the best possible advice you can give. He did not say the dude should not travel...

Shut up delusional headslaming Islamic

Cherorist
Re: Diasporans How Much Do You Spend In Nigeria During Visits? by pseudonomer: 12:32pm On Sep 28, 2021
Okonandmary:
When i was living abroad, i came home every summer and didn't spend up to 100k a month.

Tell me how you do this?
Re: Diasporans How Much Do You Spend In Nigeria During Visits? by Nobody: 12:32pm On Sep 28, 2021
avrilwisedata:
I'll give my estimate when I leave Nigeria and never come back... Hahahaha grin

I couldn't give an estimate because I have not been back since I left but I have been solving financial problems of some of the people close to me back home and I can imagine what awaits me when I show up in person.

Life is tough everywhere but surviving in Nigeria is a miracle.

6 Likes

Re: Diasporans How Much Do You Spend In Nigeria During Visits? by Nobody: 12:32pm On Sep 28, 2021
pansophist:
If your associates (family and friends) are not the broke type, then coming to Nigeria should not be that expensive. Stay in your parent's/siblings house or yours, use a family car for errands, public transport or even uber and you'll spend less. If you're the flexing type, then 2M is not enough.

The last time I was in naija, I spent over 2M in a month, but not because of living expense, but some business project I have going on. I cook myself mostly, I don't drink, smoke, or carry olosho, I don't have useless friends that expect me to pay when we go out. They do fine and will pay for themselves. My family are okay. I'm air tight from leaches. So yea, I'm the exception I guess.

Bro abeg put me through na. I want to leave naija. Just assume say God wan use u uplift me abeg. Country hard,times are hard here

EgunMogaji2:

Better yet, I'm in Ibadan but I spend diaspora income.
Okkk
Diaspora income?
.......although still thinking how it relates to the Topic in question,......with respect to the present day Nigeria
Okk
Re: Diasporans How Much Do You Spend In Nigeria During Visits? by ArticleBeast: 12:34pm On Sep 28, 2021
TNORWAY:
I totally dislike people like you............is like you do t want anybody to travel out of Nigeria and join you abroad.......look at a contradicting advice you just have......why did you leave in the first place Why don't you come back and also look for what to hold unto??
So, he should deceive the guy that abroad is rosy? You can clearly see that he mentioned if you are not financially strong still dey hustle for naija. Na una type dey make agents dey chop.

13 Likes

Re: Diasporans How Much Do You Spend In Nigeria During Visits? by Angelfrost(m): 12:34pm On Sep 28, 2021
TimeTraveller:

"You guys in Nigeria" grin grin grin See this one.

How less condescending would you prefer he dished out this fact??! Pray, tell!!! tongue

5 Likes

Re: Diasporans How Much Do You Spend In Nigeria During Visits? by wunmi590(m): 12:34pm On Sep 28, 2021
marttye:
Are those in Togo qualified to be diasporans

Re: Diasporans How Much Do You Spend In Nigeria During Visits? by avrilwisedata: 12:35pm On Sep 28, 2021
byrron:

I couldn't give an estimate because I have not been back since I left but I have been solving financial problems of some of the people close to me back home and I can imagine what awaits me when I show up in person.

Life is tough everywhere but surviving in Nigeria is a miracle.
As long as one doesn't abandon one's closest family members, you don't owe nobody shit
Re: Diasporans How Much Do You Spend In Nigeria During Visits? by chatinent: 12:36pm On Sep 28, 2021
Angelfrost:

Well... Na still question anyway!!!

Men wey dey Ghana or Botswana dey form over-superior to their people stuck in Naija!! grin

I love Togo.

But I'll prefer Ghana since it's anglophone.
Re: Diasporans How Much Do You Spend In Nigeria During Visits? by Angelfrost(m): 12:37pm On Sep 28, 2021
TNORWAY:
I totally dislike people like you............is like you do t want anybody to travel out of Nigeria and join you abroad.......look at a contradicting advice you just have......why did you leave in the first place Why don't you come back and also look for what to hold unto??

Nigerians based abroad eager to see their fellow countrymen join them wherever they are are fewer than Eskimos living in Senegal!

Don't ask why... Even Oyinbo people are quite shocked at the way Nigerians based there paint the very same foreign nations so negatively before their fellow intending migrants! grin

5 Likes

Re: Diasporans How Much Do You Spend In Nigeria During Visits? by WaffenSS(m): 12:37pm On Sep 28, 2021
Rtk5:
I spent about 1.2m on my last visit to Nigeria that was in April and i didnt stay for up to 2months. I just advised myself to go back. Thanks to my friends who are all doing well so no much expectation. I wish people could be enlightened to know that abroad is not as they think it is. You go suffer ooo.

Una sabi lie o.
Re: Diasporans How Much Do You Spend In Nigeria During Visits? by mfm04622: 12:38pm On Sep 28, 2021
Sirmuel1:

Whoever goes abroad to do evil, is greedy and self centered.

When they get abroad through illegal means, the only means available for them is usually crime.

1 Like

Re: Diasporans How Much Do You Spend In Nigeria During Visits? by Sterope(f): 12:38pm On Sep 28, 2021
Personality, lifestyle and the type of people around you play a big part in how much you end up spending. I am a big believer of cutting my coat according to my cloth. A million should be enough.
Re: Diasporans How Much Do You Spend In Nigeria During Visits? by Boss13: 12:38pm On Sep 28, 2021
I visited Nigeria recently. What I can say the cost of living has skyrocketed and prices of commodities are now 3x the cost when I left. I don't stay with anyone because of avoiding increasing their expenses, I choose to stay in hotels and the prices are now ridiculous and more expensive than hotels of the same grade abroad.

Buffet in these hotels (I stayed in 5 hotels, 4 in Lagos and 1 in Abuja) are now expensive. Buffet used to be N5,000.00 in Orientals and 4Points, 6,000.00 in Intercontinental but now N13,500.00 on average in these hotels and locations. Plus I had guests and the drinks are ridiculous to the point I would suggest you just purchase your own alcohol. 1 shot of Hennessy was N6,000.00.

I also had to used Smile wifi modern and paid N30,000.00. This lasted me throughout my visit. I had no problem with this. I was also impressed I could use the same modern in Lagos and Abuja and when I'm in my hotel rooms, I used their wifi.

Since I had no vehicle and don't stay with people, I relied heavily on Uber and Bolt. Some drivers were really nice and had to wait for me for each of my rendezvous. I spent quite a bit here but I cannot complain. However, I noticed the cost of Bolt in Abuja is 3x less than the cost in Lagos for the same Kilometer. The drivers said it's because of Lagos traffic and truly Lagos traffic was something else. Though, the lekki toll gate was non-functional.

Finally, the cost of company was my other concern. Naija used to be some much fun without considering the price. However, I noticed the cost of company per night has gone through the roof. Also, the desperation is immeasurable. I can't say much about clubbing activities. I didn't club much but patronized lounges. I had no concerns with that too because I believe it's dependent on your consumption level. To conclude, despite the high cost, I had a good time in naija and I don't mind visiting soon. Probably, my learning points from my next visit would guide me. However, with the cost of dollars shooting to N600.00, it maybe irrelevant. I also feel it is irrelevant indicating my total cost. While it was quite expensive, I believe its dependent on the lifestyle you are accustom or one you intend to experience in Nigeria and it would never be the same incomparison with another tourist.

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Diasporans How Much Do You Spend In Nigeria During Visits? by cucumbar: 12:39pm On Sep 28, 2021
Rtk5:
I spent about 1.2m on my last visit to Nigeria that was in April and i didnt stay for up to 2months. I just advised myself to go back. Thanks to my friends who are all doing well so no much expectation. I wish people could be enlightened to know that abroad is not as they think it is. You go suffer ooo.
but that’s about the same amount you spend on a say, 10 days tourist visit to any of these western countries, that is, to be modest.

2 Likes

Re: Diasporans How Much Do You Spend In Nigeria During Visits? by Nobody: 12:39pm On Sep 28, 2021
Angelfrost:

Anywhere??!...

Northern Cyprus
Venezuela
Afghanistan
Somalia
Haiti
Etc...

Please, what exactly do you mean by "Anywhere outside Nigeria"??! undecided

That's how they end up in useless countries out of desperation and end up as slave's.

As useless as Nigeria is, there are more useless countries than Nigeria out there that will make Nigeria look like a developed country even though it has stopped being an underdeveloped country to a country with no intention of being developed.

7 Likes

Re: Diasporans How Much Do You Spend In Nigeria During Visits? by Nobody: 12:40pm On Sep 28, 2021
Sirmuel1:

grin see force....he didn't say he will help him....he's advising him to enjoy ONE NIGOORIA
Re: Diasporans How Much Do You Spend In Nigeria During Visits? by mfm04622: 12:40pm On Sep 28, 2021
Chuky7:
A female friend on mine said she burnt through 1m she's says Nigeria is expensive from houses data etc and that you have to keep spending she prefers the one time payments for services( i.e. in some cases)

How much is 1M for a diasporian? About $2K? Why is anybody complaining about spending $2k on 4 weeks holiday?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Diasporans How Much Do You Spend In Nigeria During Visits? by mfm04622: 12:40pm On Sep 28, 2021
chatinent:

Uncle, get your facts right tho.

Togo is better than Nigeria.

Where you wan compare?

Togo has steady power.
Things are pretty cheap there too.

You can get a chicken limb for as low as a 100 CFA.

Haba..no compare country with village na.

Lol!!!

So when a country have steady power supply, it is automatically better than Nigeria? And when food their is cheaper than Nigeria, it is automatically better than Nigeria? As bad as Nigeria is, it is a lot better than Togo!

5 Likes

Re: Diasporans How Much Do You Spend In Nigeria During Visits? by Angelfrost(m): 12:41pm On Sep 28, 2021
uvie66:
You spent 6 million for weytin....you dey build house ?

Everybody lies... A lot of them are not doing it intentionally!

Some either want to stroke their egos (Make you place them on a pedestal) or simply want you to feel worse about you current state in life!!! grin

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Advise To Commuters This Yuletide Season- Harrysterol / Asphalting Of Iweka Road Onitsha (pictures) / Long Queues At The Ojota Pedestrian Bridge Early Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.