Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,814 members, 7,813,683 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:16 PM

This Is The Type Of Relationship I Desire. - Romance (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / This Is The Type Of Relationship I Desire. (72328 Views)

'how Do I End A Blood Covenant Relationship I Made With My Boyfriend? He Refuses / 4 Months Into Our Relationship I Have Not Asked Her Sex Is It Good? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: This Is The Type Of Relationship I Desire. by Toks2008(m): 12:05pm On Nov 05, 2021
Iyaebe:
Women only endure in polygamy,no woman truly wants a polygamous home. I'm not afraid of polygamy, I perfectly understand how it goes with polygamy because my mom comes from a very large polygamous home. Polygamy is a game for the women involved and the weak and less calculative loose out.For men in polygamy there's also some disadvantages attached to it,there will come a time when all your kids will be their mother's children while caring less about you and by that time you'll be old and tired.

As far as I know, whether official Or unofficial, 8 out of every 10 men out there are polygamous.

Even many ladies are in a polygamous dating relationship. Monogamy is just a lie we tell ourselves to feel cool.
Re: This Is The Type Of Relationship I Desire. by bukatyne(f): 12:05pm On Nov 05, 2021
Toks2008:

Must ladies twist things?

We are talking about gender roles here and they are bringing RIGHTS to cheat. Chai

There is no chai!

I am bringing a very holistic discussion here.
Re: This Is The Type Of Relationship I Desire. by franchasng: 12:05pm On Nov 05, 2021
Toks2008:

You no look my side ni ?

You weh wan share expenses with woman, no Nigerian chick (even Dangote daughter) go hear that kind thing from u and accept u as a side boyfriend self grin grin
Re: This Is The Type Of Relationship I Desire. by Nobody: 12:06pm On Nov 05, 2021
TheOnlyUyai:

That one is a no go area. Just avoid him like a plague or else you will regret it.

Cannicus is a good dish too and has money ehn. But, the way he loves women annoys me so much.
When I have his time, I will tame him personally. Pansophist is a good one too, rich, young and handsome. But, his problem is that he's too stubborn. But, when I have his time, him go hear am.
There's nothing like a stubborn man babe abi you no sabi why some women ties wrapper to the right? lol The strongest and most stubborn man to ever liveth was tamed by a woman,a true woman.

3 Likes

Re: This Is The Type Of Relationship I Desire. by TheOnlyUyai(f): 12:20pm On Nov 05, 2021
Toks2008:

Babe trust me, some Ladies happiness lies with a married man.

This is a mystery and mind you, most men are practising polygamy just that sincere men like us don't hide but the real terrible ones pretend and I guess that is what many ladies love... LIES

Well, that is for other ladies. As for me, once a man is married, I hands up. If you like, say otherwise. But, polygamy is so 1905.
Re: This Is The Type Of Relationship I Desire. by TheOnlyUyai(f): 12:25pm On Nov 05, 2021
Iyaebe:
There's nothing like a stubborn man babe abi you no sabi why some women ties wrapper to the right? lol The strongest and most stubborn man to ever liveth was a tamed by a woman,a true woman.

He's stubborn in the sense of not being vulnerable. He dey carry that him redpill for head. But, when I have his time ehn, he will remember me for a lifetime.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: This Is The Type Of Relationship I Desire. by TheOnlyUyai(f): 12:26pm On Nov 05, 2021
franchasng:
You weh wan share expenses with woman, no Nigerian chick (even Dangote daughter) go hear that kind thing from u and accept u as a side boyfriend self grin grin

No mind am. Except say na woman wey don dey so desperate for marriage sha. Na only that kind woman fit consider am.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: This Is The Type Of Relationship I Desire. by TheOnlyUyai(f): 12:28pm On Nov 05, 2021
Iyaebe:
I wish I can fish out the place he subtly affirmed to it in one of his comments. It is common knowledge here that he has eyes for you but I still maintain you look well and deep.

Baby girl, he says that because he doesn't want females here flocking around him. If you like him, tell me. I will make it possible for you. He listens to me. He's even searching seriously sef. So, win-win.

And yes, he has eyes for me but I am still keeping him in my waiting list. I'm accessing him.

1 Like

Re: This Is The Type Of Relationship I Desire. by TheOnlyUyai(f): 12:34pm On Nov 05, 2021
Iyaebe:
We have few women supporting them on this bullshit. First red flag I watch out for in a man is his poor sense of responsibility, it is the reason we have unstable marriages everywhere.

The same here. Once a man cannot take an initiative on caring about your needs and general well-being, how would he become responsible in marriage? As for me, if I see no sign of that, it's bye from me.

2 Likes

Re: This Is The Type Of Relationship I Desire. by TheOnlyUyai(f): 12:37pm On Nov 05, 2021
franchasng:
Another thing ladies must take note of is this, as guys age and encounter life challenges, they become better and better as they understand life more.

Maybe who I was some 8 years ago would have made u put rat poison for my food if we had dated then cheesy

Thank God you changed. I think men get wiser and better as they age. That's why I go for much older men. All these under 30-year-old boys that don't know their onions yet.

1 Like

Re: This Is The Type Of Relationship I Desire. by Nobody: 12:44pm On Nov 05, 2021
TheOnlyUyai:

Baby girl, he says that because he doesn't want females here flocking around him. If you like him, tell me. I will make it possible for you. He listens to me. He's even searching seriously sef. So, win-win.

And yes, he has eyes for me but I am still keeping him in my waiting list. I'm accessing him.
lol my likenes for any nairalander here is a mirage, once I drop phone it ends there.We have few wonderful guys here but online stuff ain't my thing.Truly he's a great guy and good for grabs if you are sure he's not married, but one thing I've noticed about him is his belief on his woman spending on him(like he's a bit closefisted) but I'm not sure if he'll apply such belief in marriage.

1 Like

Re: This Is The Type Of Relationship I Desire. by Nobody: 12:52pm On Nov 05, 2021
TheOnlyUyai:

The same here. Once a man cannot take an initiative on caring about your needs and general well-being, how would he become responsible in marriage? As for me, if I see no sign of that, it's bye from me.
The young men(I avoid them like a plague) would term it gold digging even if its obvious you can care for yourself. Well, no wahala as long as I'm not on anyone's neck to be responsible I'll stick firmly to my belief.
Re: This Is The Type Of Relationship I Desire. by Toks2008(m): 1:01pm On Nov 05, 2021
Iyaebe:
The young men(I avoid them like a plague) would term it gold digging even if its obvious you can care for yourself. Well, no wahala as long as I'm not on anyone's neck to be responsible I'll stick firmly to my belief.

Babe, I repeat this is naija mindset that you have

Outside the country you will either share bills with your husband or remain a single baby mama where you are forced to pay all your bills yourself.

This is why most Naija ladies can't cope with the life in the West cos they are so used to the traditional pattern

1 Like 1 Share

Re: This Is The Type Of Relationship I Desire. by Toks2008(m): 1:08pm On Nov 05, 2021
TheOnlyUyai:

It is not about initiative but reality.

With the way Naija economy is, only a witch will expect a man to provide all the needs of the family let alone her own needs too. Except the guy specifically chooses to.

Marriage is not employment.

1 Like

Re: This Is The Type Of Relationship I Desire. by franchasng: 1:09pm On Nov 05, 2021
TheOnlyUyai:

Thank God you changed. I think men get wiser and better as they age. That's why I go for much older men. All these under 30-year-old boys that don't know their onions yet.
lolz, some guys act and behave mature faster oh, not like we that developed small sense at old age grin
Re: This Is The Type Of Relationship I Desire. by Eyinju112(f): 1:23pm On Nov 05, 2021
I’m a Nigerian not a Zimbabwean
BIGNAME2020:

As you fine so, make we start na kiss
Re: This Is The Type Of Relationship I Desire. by Eyinju112(f): 1:27pm On Nov 05, 2021
I don’t know what will happen when they start making babies... but right now they see themselves to be equal.... the one wey Dey off me pass na how the man go dey mob and dry clean at the same time and madam go cross leg dey watch tv grin lmao

Rotji:

Ehn very nice o sad

So then when the man give the woman belle, she'll carry it for 9 months and deliver the baby after which she will now give the man belle and he will carry the pregnancy and deliver the baby too abi shocked

When they face aggression they should be running shifts on whose duty it is to protect them abi. Very nice culture grin grin grin
Re: This Is The Type Of Relationship I Desire. by Eyinju112(f): 1:32pm On Nov 05, 2021
Huncle learn to read and understand....,
I use that couple as a case study, they believe in equality in their country, and they’re enjoying it....

I’m a Nigerian, I believe the man is the head of the family... so don’t quote me on what you read and unable to understand
Shalom smiley
Jonathan:

You will continue to fool yourself FOREVER if you believe in equality between a male and a female. Even almighty God didn't creat us equally and the Bible and Quran confirms it.

A MAN AND A WOMAN WILL NEVER BE EQUAL.
THAT'S HOW THE WORLD WORKS.
DEAL WITH IT!
Re: This Is The Type Of Relationship I Desire. by Eyinju112(f): 1:37pm On Nov 05, 2021
Popori Abeg rest
RightToReject:

I don't have a cure for you if truly everyday words appear heavy for you and your likes. Actually, one major problem you have is that you lack discernment, citing that you termed "sweet" Eyinju112's post, which is a clear pointer that you did not see Jay-Z's submission beyond its pleasing surface.

Before I go on, I haven't seen any sane man who can't cook and do house chores in general under normal circumstances or who will idle away at home and watch his reasonable wife handling all the house chores without helping out directly or through the employment of house helps. On the other hand, I have not seen a sane woman who has the wherewithal who doesn't generously support her reasonable man financially in running their home

There is a great difference between when a man goes into an intimate union with a woman working on the reality notion that he is a man and relating with his equal of a woman in that regard compared to when he goes into the union with the unpronounced selfish notion of no gender roles. One with the former notion, for instance, will always cheerfully and intuitively get the physical heavy chores done no matter how many times it occurs and without minding whether his woman has done anything beneficial for him within the intervening time, the same way a woman with a similar notion will cheerfully and intuitively see nothing wrong in seeing cooking regularly for the household, provided that time permits her, without minding whether her man has done anything beneficial for him within the intervening time. All this doesn't mean that in the absence of the woman, that the man can't cook or won't have food to eat, same as it doesn't mean that in the absence of the man, the woman can't get heavy physical chores done directly or indirectly.

There is nothing wrong with equality, provided that its intent isn't to propagate and commit greed, contentiousness, and negation of common sense, and provided that it encourages selflessness, thoughtfulness, deference and discretion, and fairness in general
Re: This Is The Type Of Relationship I Desire. by BIGNAME2020: 2:11pm On Nov 05, 2021
Eyinju112:

Nigerian way we'll do. Trust me.
Re: This Is The Type Of Relationship I Desire. by Ruby458(f): 2:51pm On Nov 05, 2021
BiafranBushBoy:
Lol

It is the same as saying "I want a bicycle that can fly like an airplane".

The first step to understanding life is knowing that there's something called gender roles.

Remember as kids when you played Papa and Mama, who was doing the cooking and all?

Were you taught who should be in the kitchen or who should be building houses?

In every environment, no matter what, as long as there's a man or woman, a woman would always look up to the man to pilot affairs of the home, while you will look up to your wife to take care of the home.

Yes, she might be a hustler and make money, but if you aren't doing it well, she will disregard you.

Yes, you might be cooking, but if your wife leaves you to handle the affairs of the kitchen, you will loathe her secretly.

In summary, there is a gender role in every family - no matter how Behind or how Americana you wanna sound.

Thanks!

God bless you for this. You have said it all.
Re: This Is The Type Of Relationship I Desire. by Nobody: 2:52pm On Nov 05, 2021
siofra:
I'm the huzzling type but I won't cook, clean etc my nails are too long and pretty for that.
To catch u flog dey hungry aswear grin
Re: This Is The Type Of Relationship I Desire. by jully29(f): 2:55pm On Nov 05, 2021
Toks2008:
I love this.

®Jay-Z

"I want a relationship with no gender roles. We both hustlers, we both cook, we both clean, we both pay, we're both romantic & we spoil each other."

This can never happen in Niger,because Niger men can never be satisfied.
What is your opinion?
Re: This Is The Type Of Relationship I Desire. by Toks2008(m): 3:33pm On Nov 05, 2021
franchasng:

I don't need their type.

I am the type who can invest on my woman so that she will start contributing. It needs not be 50|50
Re: This Is The Type Of Relationship I Desire. by Toks2008(m): 3:35pm On Nov 05, 2021
Ruby458:

God bless you for this. You have said it all.
Yen yen yen yen. Nah person wey una go kill still enjoy his wealth with another man una dey find.

Even in great countries with good economy, there is a sharing formula between couples howbeit naija with crazy economy.
Re: This Is The Type Of Relationship I Desire. by Victerica(m): 3:48pm On Nov 05, 2021
BrandBrainBox:

I am a Nigerian MAN and I DON'T like it.

Why, don't you like it?
Re: This Is The Type Of Relationship I Desire. by Victerica(m): 3:50pm On Nov 05, 2021
Onyiiobi7735:
grin grin
They want manna to fall for them.
They like being freeloader

Lol.

Women na real problem, but Nigerian women wey Dem born and raised here, worst.

1 Like

Re: This Is The Type Of Relationship I Desire. by crackhaus: 4:00pm On Nov 05, 2021
Iyaebe:
Pan.sophist is a good dish but someone is already on that table, babe look well ooo, crackhus too is married just in case. Can.nicius I can't say much about him. The way small boys are irritating me these days ehn you'll think I'm in my 70's.
This can only be Rose...

So you've changed moniker again.
Re: This Is The Type Of Relationship I Desire. by Toks2008(m): 4:17pm On Nov 05, 2021
Iyaebe:
Pansophist is a good dish but someone is already on that table, babe look well ooo,crackhus too is married just in case.Cannicius I can't say much about him. The way small boys are irritating me these days ehn you'll think I'm in my 70's.

What is your age bracket sef?

20-25
26-30
30-35
Re: This Is The Type Of Relationship I Desire. by bepositive11: 4:36pm On Nov 05, 2021
Toks2008:

Gender roles is not the same as what you guys keep posting about child birth... That is a different ball game.

Child birth is part of the gender role. Women are naturally made to be nurturers.

A father and a mother are not the same. They have different roles to play in the lives of children and in the relationship with each other

1 Like

Re: This Is The Type Of Relationship I Desire. by Nobody: 5:10pm On Nov 05, 2021
Toks2008:

What is your age bracket sef?

20-25
26-30
30-35

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Man Called 'Lazy' For Refusing To Lift His Plus-Sized Girlfriend Up (Photos) / Some Very Silly Things Guys Should Stop Doing / JimDre Westbrook, 32-Year-Old Virgin Man (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.