Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,783 members, 7,820,745 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:37 PM

Is It Wrong To Cook In My Married Brother's House? - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is It Wrong To Cook In My Married Brother's House? (46603 Views)

My Married Sister Wants to be a liability to us / Living With My Married Elder Sister / My Married Jobless Elder Brother Is Sucking My Mum Financially. Help! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Wrong To Cook In My Married Brother's House? by StanleyO22: 10:53am On Nov 10, 2021
[quote author=tolakush92 post=107474802]Good evening nlders I’ll be very brief and precise .This thing has been bothering my mind and I felt I should seek for reasonable and experienced opinions from senior men them on this forum .

The issue is .. is it a bad thing to cook in my Brothers house (although he has a wife and kids ) .His wife felt bad yesterday cus I cooked small okra and Eba cus I was hungry . The only food she likes me to cook in her kitchen is indomie . I feel if there Is love what’s there if I cook anything I want to eat in the kitchen .must I always take permission to cook

Pls I want to know if it’s right or wrong

Front page pls Mumu why u go go do the cooking, while ur brother wife dey there
Re: Is It Wrong To Cook In My Married Brother's House? by BarrElChapo(m): 10:53am On Nov 10, 2021
Same people shouting the guy was wrong will be pissed to be told they belong to the kitchen alone... my take is that the woman is still a young woman, by the time she gets to a certain age cooking go be all man to himself.

1 Like

Re: Is It Wrong To Cook In My Married Brother's House? by seunny4lif(m): 10:54am On Nov 10, 2021
Sanchez01:

grin grin grin
grin
I no dey agree wink
Re: Is It Wrong To Cook In My Married Brother's House? by BarrElChapo(m): 10:54am On Nov 10, 2021
[quote author=StanleyO22 post=107487824][/quote]

Why call him mumu ?
Re: Is It Wrong To Cook In My Married Brother's House? by Paretomaster1(m): 10:56am On Nov 10, 2021
It's wrong o, my brother cook daily in the kitchen, but once my wife arrive, I Don tell am.. Stay away from the kitchen... Allow the Woman control her kitchen.
Re: Is It Wrong To Cook In My Married Brother's House? by melifew213(m): 10:56am On Nov 10, 2021
oga what happen to your house? leave your brother's house, better still next time seek permission
Re: Is It Wrong To Cook In My Married Brother's House? by Thereishel: 10:56am On Nov 10, 2021
tolakush92:
Good evening nlders I’ll be very brief and precise .This thing has been bothering my mind and I felt I should seek for reasonable and experienced opinions from senior men them on this forum .

The issue is .. is it a bad thing to cook in my Brothers house (although he has a wife and kids ) .His wife felt bad yesterday cus I cooked small okra and Eba cus I was hungry . The only food she likes me to cook in her kitchen is indomie . I feel if there Is love what’s there if I cook anything I want to eat in the kitchen .must I always take permission to cook

She's in charge of kitchen at least you need to tell her before you cook. It's just a respect.

Front page pls
Re: Is It Wrong To Cook In My Married Brother's House? by Angelawhite(m): 10:57am On Nov 10, 2021
I have 3 brothers who are married. I can only cook in one of my brothers’ home . It’s just the level of relationship. It doesn’t mean I’m not in good terms with them. I respect everyone’s boundaries
Re: Is It Wrong To Cook In My Married Brother's House? by Chibuchris: 11:02am On Nov 10, 2021
tolakush92:

Mind you I didn’t just start living with them
And this is possibly the first time I’ll. Be cooking okra in her kitchen after several months of living with the family . What I cook often is noodles when I don’t like the family menu for the day

My dear wisdom is profitable to direct, you did nothing wrong though. But to save yourself some embarrassment and your dignity, don't try such again.
If you don't like the menu you can go out and eat thank God at least you can fend for yourself.

No matter how your brother's wife likes you she would feel some how. Yeah you can cook indomi or make pap nothing is wrong there but preparing soup in a married woman's house doesn't sound OK.

Another good way is you decide to surprise them and prepare the soup for everyone to eat your delicacy just to spicing up the love in the family.

Just use wisdom and try to give her some space and also make her feel she is in charge of her home. Women love this alot.

Las Las you get your apartment in no time. cheers.
Re: Is It Wrong To Cook In My Married Brother's House? by Pataricatering(f): 11:03am On Nov 10, 2021
Lol , ur brothers house ? This 8z the problem women always have - in.your mind it is not his wife's house - that's why when husband dies , his family.will deacemd and start struggling for property with the wife and his legitimate children. Your brothers house is not your house
Learn to respect the wife in the home - it is her house . Later some people will be calling women wicked when they don't want their husbands family around - this is the kind of disregard they always have for the wife in her own house .

1 Like

Re: Is It Wrong To Cook In My Married Brother's House? by dominique(f): 11:03am On Nov 10, 2021
tolakush92:
Would she have done the same way to her male sibling ? I guess no and I’ve been living with them for several months

Ogbeni stop shifting the goal post and give us the full story. Did you at least clear the dishes and the cooking area after cooking or left it there for her to clean up for you. Gas is at least N700/kg, do you top up their gas from time to time? There's nothing wrong in cooking in your siblings house but if they're on a tight budget, a simple eba and okra meal might thwart their plans for the week or month. I wish the wife was here was here to give us her own part of the story

2 Likes

Re: Is It Wrong To Cook In My Married Brother's House? by Timodeyforyou(m): 11:05am On Nov 10, 2021
olabrinks:
I’m not being funny but women born after 1990 should not have this stupid olden day mentality of the “kitchen belongs to me only”. It’s weird and stupid. The Kitchen does not belong to the wife of the house, if someone is hungry and they want to cook, let them cook. If someone wants to bath will they ask for permission before using the bathroom? What nonsense.

undecided

1 Like

Re: Is It Wrong To Cook In My Married Brother's House? by Missionaire: 11:05am On Nov 10, 2021
Na entitlement mentality go kill many Nigerians.
We are quick to form woke when it comes to issues like this. But even the Westerners who have been woke before us would not allow any relative to visit without permission not to talk of staying with them and not working.
Is the OP working?
Why would he intrude into another person's space? The kitchen and bedroom are two territorial places in a house any other person should be careful with.

Na so we dey use hand spoil things.
You are staying with your brother who is married. The wife allows you to cook noodles because these are emergency foods you can eat just like snacks.
But then, you wake up one day say na Okra soup and Eba you want cook eat.
It is not like they don't give you the food they eat or they give you different food from the one they eat. They give you the same but according to you, the wife allows you to cook noodles whenever you don't like what was cooked.
You were given a privilege and you abused it.
If your sister-in-law had discouraged her husband from allowing you stay with them, we wouldn't be reading this rubbish.

You people make your sister-in-laws look bad because of your entitlement mentality. Tomorrow now, you will host your friends and cook for them in your brother's house.

Na una type dey collect properties when una brother die. Potatoes wer they plant for one place but dey spread go everywhere.

You're very lucky you're not my brother. This is one of the reasons people don't allow their relatives and partner's relatives to stay with them.
Nigerians abuse privileges a lot.
Tueeh.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Wrong To Cook In My Married Brother's House? by qtguru(m): 11:08am On Nov 10, 2021
lol let me guess OP you be igbo grin
Re: Is It Wrong To Cook In My Married Brother's House? by medriano: 11:08am On Nov 10, 2021
It is not wrong to cook in your own brother’s house. Some women just over do things. Before she came into the picture, you were there.
Please,ignore her.
Re: Is It Wrong To Cook In My Married Brother's House? by Ladycewhy(f): 11:11am On Nov 10, 2021
They asked the op valid questions but he has refused to answer.

Did you buy the ingredients yourself or you used the one in her kitchen?

Did you clean up after cooking ?

Did you cook for just yourself or the entire family?

When you were coming to the house,what did you bring just your bag or you bought bread and chin chin ?

Sometimes we only see the other person's reaction and not our actions that triggered it . Op answer these questions genuinely and you might just get the answer you seek.

1 Like

Re: Is It Wrong To Cook In My Married Brother's House? by dfrost: 11:11am On Nov 10, 2021
PrimadonnaO:
It is wisdom to not overassume your rights, and your place in people's lives.

Beautiful comment.

I am definitely not adding anything to the thread. This is the only advice the op needs.

1 Like

Re: Is It Wrong To Cook In My Married Brother's House? by Elxandre(m): 11:13am On Nov 10, 2021
Acidosis:

How long have you been with this family? What is your relationship like with your brother's wife?

But then, what kind of hunger will make you enter another man/woman's kitchen to make okro soup and eba? This is beyond hunger abeg.

What is wrong with Eba and Okra. No be food, same with Indomie?

Anyway, I don't support cohabiting with people at all sef, talk more of married couple.
Find house OP.
Re: Is It Wrong To Cook In My Married Brother's House? by girlygirlyMain: 11:13am On Nov 10, 2021
You must take permission to cook in another woman's kitchen always!!! It is disrespectful not to do so.
She is the woman of the house and has been joined with your brother. Respect her space please and let there be peace. Thank you

tolakush92 post kiss=107474802:
Good evening nlders I’ll be very brief and precise .This thing has been bothering my mind and I felt I should seek for reasonable and experienced opinions from senior men them on this forum .

Front page pls
Re: Is It Wrong To Cook In My Married Brother's House? by Hungerbadoo: 11:14am On Nov 10, 2021
My brother fit enter my kitchen to cook anything when he is hungry as far as no be battallion he carry come. Any wife wey the behave like susana for her brother-in-law carry bad belle and e no good.
Re: Is It Wrong To Cook In My Married Brother's House? by tedimola(m): 11:15am On Nov 10, 2021
olabrinks:
I’m not being funny but women born after 1990 should not have this stupid olden day mentality of the “kitchen belongs to me only”. It’s weird and stupid. The Kitchen does not belong to the wife of the house, if someone is hungry and they want to cook, let them cook. If someone wants to bath will they ask for permission before using the bathroom? What nonsense.

Noted!

He should also go and sleep on his brother's matrimonial bed and use the connecting bathroom.

Infact, let's drop all mentality, he can also share his brother's wife.

Oniranu.

3 Likes

Re: Is It Wrong To Cook In My Married Brother's House? by Nonexisting: 11:16am On Nov 10, 2021
Inasmuch as I don't do favors to vaginarians, I won't cover an injustice on them. You did wrong by cooking that kind of food in your brother's wife's kitchen. That's disrespectful and depicts her as not being able to cook well or as not taking care of her household's need. The kitchen is her turf and you should respect that. Cooking indomie and egg and maybe some other fast foods is okay but preparing eba and okra soup in a married woman's kitchen especially when she is not your wife is not ideal to say the least.
Re: Is It Wrong To Cook In My Married Brother's House? by Elxandre(m): 11:16am On Nov 10, 2021
tolakush92:

Mind you I didn’t just start living with them
And this is possibly the first time I’ll. Be cooking okra in her kitchen after several months of living with the family . What I cook often is noodles when I don’t like the family menu for the day
I advise you manage whatever the family menu is.
No one really likes picky visitors.
Re: Is It Wrong To Cook In My Married Brother's House? by Lastanza: 11:17am On Nov 10, 2021
Kobojunkiee:
You cook okra soup for only yourself or for the entire household? undecided

Did you also purchase your own ingredients or did you use groceries already in the house to do this? undecided

Is your brother an extremely rich man or does his house also operate on a food budget like most homes do? undecided

And lastly, did you at least clean up after yourself or did you expect that his wife will clean up for you? undecided

The way I see it, there isn't nothing wrong with cooking even if in a friend's house. However, there could be everything wrong with how you do it. undecided

Let me tell you her gross. Non of those things you mentioned their is her reason for being angry.

Women have this feel or belief that kitchen is exclusively theirs. That is out of bound to even their husband. They will be craving for gender equality but feels bad Wen a man enters ''their'' kitchen to cook.
Re: Is It Wrong To Cook In My Married Brother's House? by Pataricatering(f): 11:18am On Nov 10, 2021
olabrinks:
the problem is calling the house "my brothers " house .
Re: Is It Wrong To Cook In My Married Brother's House? by sosowater: 11:19am On Nov 10, 2021
Vision101:
Someone here said that you trespassed. I hope you know the meaning. It's a tortuous act. It's punishable in law.... hahahaha.

The kitchen belongs to your brother's wife. You can only use it at her permission. I hate to open my wife's pot.

You hate to open your wife's pot?

Wow.

I open my wife's pot without blinking an eye whenever I'm hungry.

It's not every time that I'll ask or expect her to give me food.

Most times, I'll be discussing with her in the sitting room and boom, I'm in the kitchen taking food to eat.

There's nothing there.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Wrong To Cook In My Married Brother's House? by Pataricatering(f): 11:19am On Nov 10, 2021
Vision101:
Someone here said that you trespassed. I hope you know the meaning. It's a tortuous act. It's punishable in law.... hahahaha.

The kitchen belongs to your brother's wife. You can only use it at her permission. I hate to open my wife's pot.
the house belongs to his brother AND his wife!

1 Like

Re: Is It Wrong To Cook In My Married Brother's House? by TOPCRUISE(m): 11:20am On Nov 10, 2021
Some women budget food for only their husband and their children. They don't include
their inlaws in the budget.
Re: Is It Wrong To Cook In My Married Brother's House? by BarrElChapo(m): 11:23am On Nov 10, 2021
tolakush92:
Would she have done the same way to her male sibling ? I guess no and I’ve been living with them for several months

People have asked you specific questions but you chose to ignore purposely. I'm beginning to think there's more to it..
Re: Is It Wrong To Cook In My Married Brother's House? by Pataricatering(f): 11:23am On Nov 10, 2021
signature2012:
Some Nigerian women always in look for problem where none never existed.

Is my kitchen.

Is my husband house.

Is my house so long I am married to your brother.

Some of you don’t know what these siblings have been through.
How they live in their home before you got married to the dude.

Make God catch you,your mother in law intervene and start hating you.You will now start accusing the devil wrongly.

Some of the advisers above are still single looking for a man to call their own.

Every mallam with his kettle.

It’s well…
this your point of view is very simplistic ! Dude is calling the house " my brothers house " - already is a problem ' a big problem .
These are the kind of brothers that will be struggling for their brothers property with his wife and kids.
Re: Is It Wrong To Cook In My Married Brother's House? by Pataricatering(f): 11:25am On Nov 10, 2021
cococandy:

Lmao it’s not that serious. It can’t be na.
they always make it serious - its sending a message that women are only good for the kitchen .
Stripping her naked ? lol

1 Like

Re: Is It Wrong To Cook In My Married Brother's House? by cedricksly: 11:26am On Nov 10, 2021
godofuck231:
You have done all wrong , no matter how rich she is or educated , in the African context you have broken into her kitchen , without her permission it’s not allowed , even amongst women , it’s a thing of trust , except permitted do not do such it’s seen as treachery, she knows how she has rationed her food stock and poisoning a full family starts from the kitchen or around, she’s accountable for her kitchen and keeping it clean , so as what ever comes out of it , it’s so bad that some woman don’t let their husbands or sons into the kitchen,
1, their body de hot when them de cook they are under pressure and heat , them fit use hot oil teach you lesson quietly self
2, it disorganises them
3, it’s dangerous accidents occur
4 , for safety reasons strangers and visitors in their kitchen due to African wickedness could drop harmful substances in the pot
5 , some woman frown at opening their pots
6 ,you are a guest , forget your brother only when she loves you as an inlaw she would permit you in
OK the part she said if na indomie she no go vex u no see am

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

My Wife Says She Is Not Sexually Attracted To Me / Looking For Father After 30years / Help! My Woman Caught Red Handedly Romancing Another Man Publicly

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.