Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,662 members, 7,813,227 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:58 AM

Finding The Perfect One - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Finding The Perfect One (41544 Views)

Man Climbs The Wall To Snap His Girlfriend & Give Her The 'Perfect' Photo / Lady Cancels Her Wedding After Finding Out Her Fiance Has A Fiancee. Photos / Finding The Right Woman When You Are Broke Is A Romantic Scam (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Finding The Perfect One by siofra(f): 12:33pm On Nov 24, 2021
walesoflyf:

Hmmm... For the first time, I'm reading something quite intelligible from you... You try... grin

Thunder fire you!!! angry
Re: Finding The Perfect One by Ramirezkhay(m): 12:34pm On Nov 24, 2021
You're very right my Oga, all my life I no dy wear or display to impress Any chick.. na when you come closer you go know who jam you, no be to dy carry everything for head cos I wan go follow girl talk

I do this to protect my value .. You have to be "Very" smart to be in this con3

grin

Eriokanmi:
Keep low and you'd get who/what you want.

How many guys want to marry into one room apartment with a separate kitchen ? How many gals want to endure with a few men who wish to marry into a room apartment with the description above? Everyone is just chasing shadows. Men too are busy craving a lifestyle which is often a mirage, before they think of getting married.

In my case, once God approved of our union with proofs even from more than one man of God who barely knew each other, we proceeded. I married my wife into a room with a separate kitchen outside. Once it rained in those days , we'd be busy diverting erosion away from the kitchen.

Today, we've achieved everything man has come to earth to achieve. I've dined with world leaders including Barak Obama on a special invitation to Washington DC. As I type this message, I'm inspecting my new edifice in lagos (the best in the whole estate). God has also blessed us with intelligent and God-fearing children all in a boarding secondary school in one of the best schools in Lagos.

My salary was 11k while my wife's was almost same when we got married. Barely a year after we got married, I began to change jobs like clothes and always with official cars, brand new to cap it all.

Money isn't everything when it comes to marriage too otherwise, DJ Cuppy wouldn't have been looking upandan for blind dates. It's God's institution. Try it and see things fall in pleasant places for you. Pray for your own and it would come, don't look at that pocket before you take a decision on this.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Finding The Perfect One by Rexnegro(m): 12:34pm On Nov 24, 2021
Brightw278:
I disagree, marriage is not overatted, it has always been the building block that held our community together
Is dangote cement a joke to you ? Lol ���
Re: Finding The Perfect One by HoneySwag(f): 12:34pm On Nov 24, 2021
Brightw278:
I was discussing with a friend of mine during one of his visits this past weekend, we talked about politics, football and a whole lot of interesting topics. We were in the middle of discussion when we tuned in into this popular reality tv series on dstv, “finding the one”. So we switched topic

I was trying to explain to him why we have many ladies looking for suitors in Nigeria and the main reason being this harsh economy. I told him no man would want to settle down until he has something to fall onto and has a good job that can sustain a family but my friend thinks otherwise.

He said the reason why some ladies get really old without suitors coming their way is because they must have ignored a lot of guys during their prime (20-28) and once reality set in they become desperate.

I told him I have a sister who is perfectly fine and doing well but good men ain’t just coming her way, but he just wouldn’t agree. I can’t believe people still think this way in this 21st century. He was telling me no matter your looks and all someone must approach you, I had to calm him down what if those coming your way ain’t even somebody you can settle with. Guess his reply? You just have to endure and get married like that.

This a guy went on for some hours before I just decided to call it a quit and told him we should just enjoy our football match.Personally to me I think nobody should be forced into marriage when he /she ain’t ready.

I just want to seek you guys opinion, he will also be on nairaland reading this. Should the sole reason of not being able to find suitors be attributed to youthful exuberance alone? Do girls who find it difficult to find a man must have been to choosy in the past? Your opinions will be highly appreciated

You're very correct op. No man will want to get married when he hasn't gotten a sustainable source of income to cater for himself not to talk of a family. When ladies (28 and above) find it difficult in meeting their choice of man, is not because they've been selective in the past but because their criteria and standards have now increased (especially those working)
Another reason is that when it comes to marriage, looking for a partner to spend the rest of your life with is different from looking for someone you want to go into a casual relationship with that leads to nowhere. So in such situation, ladies take out time to look out for men that are husband material. In this case, money is not necessarily a priority but character and compatibility. (Just my thoughts)

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Finding The Perfect One by nesgeeek(m): 12:36pm On Nov 24, 2021
it all depends on the mindset of the lady, because some ladies are too greedy in nature. They want to be loved, but don't want to love in return.

2 Likes

Re: Finding The Perfect One by toujurs: 12:36pm On Nov 24, 2021
Any lady at 35 and still unmarried bro k leg dey there, it is either she is too picky with nothing to offer, or too lazy, or stingy and selfish. Or too demanding.

11 Likes

Re: Finding The Perfect One by jornwhite: 12:36pm On Nov 24, 2021
siofra:

I think it's love. People place too much value on finding romantic love. The media has set ridiculous standards for love. Everyone wants to experience that feeling of being in love (romantic love)

Some are not even ready to commit themselves and sacrifice. They just want people to love them. After all with the way media has shown it (thanks to romantic movies, novels and reality shows) it has to be a sweet, wonderful feeling.

From your context, "Expectation" would suffice and i think " Expectations " ... is the culprit for delayed and failed marriage in nigeria. some gurlz even go with expectations of what they watch on zeeworld cheesy

In 21st century, its turnout everyone has their tailored fit definition of love & marriage .... no one cares what the dictionary says.
Re: Finding The Perfect One by zed7: 12:36pm On Nov 24, 2021
There is always going to be the issue of bad luck, some people just can't get a partner. More like not being destined to marry.

That aside, many people are too choosy. Whom they want doesn't want them, who wants them, they don't want.
Sometimes you just have to strike a balance. Even if he's not the perfect package, as long as he's OK and a decent guy, give it a shot.

7 Likes

Re: Finding The Perfect One by naija1stnigar(m): 12:36pm On Nov 24, 2021
Let all girls especially those at their prime understand that being a materialist will dampen your chances of getting married at the right time and even to the right person.
All men relate with women according to the character they find in them, if a man sees materialism in a lady he will likely give her what she wants but use her to satisfy his sexual urge and dump her, but conversely, if he sees calmness and contentment in a girl he may start planning for marriage.
The truth behind every relationship that leads to marriage is that the character of the lady is what pushes a man into his conclusion.
When a young lady is cool headed and understands his partner even if he has nothing she will be free to enter into marriage with such a man because she knows he has what it takes to make it, and we've seen numerous couples around us who started from the scratch and became giants together.
Our ladies of nowadays are just something else, even me am afraid to approach them because I may feel inefficient before them, they may judge me by my present status, not seeing things the way am seeing it or not being ready to endure a little with me.
The bottom line therefore is that ladies should see beyond their present beauty, vitality and urge for materialism, they should begin to make choice by thorough understanding of what any guy is within and not without, believing in a man's vision and also having something to bring to the table in order to sustain your relationship, by doing so, I think we will have more legitimate and productive marriages, lesser percentage of children born out of wedlock, and more marriages happening within our society than before. Shalom!

15 Likes

Re: Finding The Perfect One by Erums(m): 12:38pm On Nov 24, 2021
they are too selective and posting rubbish
Re: Finding The Perfect One by Fiscus105(m): 12:38pm On Nov 24, 2021
Niiade:

Hell no to enduring, The main fact is there are three things involved for people like your sister.
1. She is avoiding or friend-zoned alot of the men that could or be suitable for her (he is short, doesnt have money, he doesnt have a matching executive job, etc etc all those classes we place good men into and seek them wrong men with non important factors)
2. She is attracting those wrong men, so she is a relection of what she is getting and cant blame those men for approaching as thats what she is giving off.
3. She is relaxed and waiting, Women esp those that we tag as loose are ready and are out there looking for men, good men to settle with and will go to place where they can be to get them. how much time does she spending socalizing or being in gathering of where responsible young men will be, or she is at home or working and expect to meet her suppose wonderful suitor there, she needs to get out there, be available, approachable and in some cases ask the guy out for a date or drinks, abi we are now modern no more green light, go for the man you like no time o. you think side chick get the men from working and sitting at home after work na they are out there.

My brother you don't know what's happening outside oooooooooooo

Many don't do the 3, yet no man to walk them to isles

You and me know how we guys treat women with disdain most especially when it's time to get married. I know what some guys subjected ladies to, let us stop giving unnecessary excuse

2 Likes

Re: Finding The Perfect One by bobonkiti101(m): 12:40pm On Nov 24, 2021
We just have to accept that times have changed. We have more working and earning women now than ever in the entire human history. Men and women almost earn equally. What does this have to do with anything?.

Women will always prefer to "marry up". This natural tendency has made it harder for an average man to be good enough for an average woman unlike in the times of our parents. The fact that women earn more has raised the bar higher for suitors as well.Meanwhile women spend their youth competiting for the very few men whom are good enough(usually financially).

The irony of this is that financially stable men will complain of too much women to choose from while average and below average men will struggle to attract an average girl and below average girl.

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Finding The Perfect One by Sheriman(m): 12:41pm On Nov 24, 2021
Afriqan:
Even as a man, I sometimes feel for ladies, but you can't settle down out of pity.

It's majorly the economy that has prevented a lot of well meaning guys from settling down. A lot of Nigerian women will tell you they love you, but if there is no money, there won't be respect in the relationship, that's why most guys are just staying single nowadays.
Gbamsolutely my brother!! That's just the reality and the basic fact.
Re: Finding The Perfect One by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 12:42pm On Nov 24, 2021
Not all women were choosy in their early years.

Rather, they just had other interests/involvement in what they thought to be more important at that point of their lives (education, skills, celibacy/religious affiliation etc), and as such, they were not interested in having any romantic interest(s) at the time.

Also, I do not think it's wrong to be choosy.

1 Like

Re: Finding The Perfect One by fineboynl(m): 12:43pm On Nov 24, 2021
We have too many church who wash out miracle marriage and blessings you didn't work for or build. Just sudden miracles and favor Goodies. People don't want to work for it. They want the best to just come to them.

Thanks to our miracle center churhces nowadays.

1 Like

Re: Finding The Perfect One by BePrepared: 12:43pm On Nov 24, 2021
FutureIsFemale:
[s][/s]It's the other way round. Men are the ones begging women for marriage. Some now prostrate to propose.

lalasticlala seun mynd44 Dominique justwise rule 2.

Future abeg go read law, to defend all these rape cases and gender based violence go suit u very very well, I'm a guy but I doff my heart 4 ur passion for ur gender
Re: Finding The Perfect One by sonibota: 12:43pm On Nov 24, 2021
What has become evidently transparent is the fact that there is so much expectation from the potential brides. Not until they lower their guards when it comes to expectations from the potential groom, we will always toe this path.

Every lady wants a made-man with all the appurtenances that take them to Eldorado. Men on the other hand feel threatened by ladies who are comfortable and have something to bring to the table. Not until we cast and bind the spirit of inferiority complex on the side of men, so many comfortable ladies will remain unmarried.

And until our ladies jettison the garb of waiting for suitors, rather than being the suitors, instead of spending endless time in churches and mosques believing God for a God-fearing Yahoo boy, the narratives will always be thwarted.

On a lighter mood, the 2006 Census revealed that the ratio of marriageable women to marriageable men was about 7:1. Since the men go for one wife, it means the other six in the equation will remain unmarried.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Finding The Perfect One by abuaaliyah(m): 12:44pm On Nov 24, 2021
The economy is not favorable at all, men are afraid to marry because money, upon that our women still lookdown on us and are targeting well to do men who are already married at the end of the day they start crying for heart broken. when i got married is my wife that encouraged me and i dont want to disappoint her, thang GOD today we are blessed with the blessings in marriage. if man are not coming look for one you know what you need, go to mosque or church husband are their waiting but you cant get 100% of what you want that is life for you. ladys i have said my own

4 Likes

Re: Finding The Perfect One by plot697: 12:44pm On Nov 24, 2021
Brightw278:
likewise money, children, heaven and good things. People who see marriage as an achievement should be left alone

i agree with this
Re: Finding The Perfect One by Mvena(f): 12:44pm On Nov 24, 2021
siofra:

I think it's love. People place too much value on finding romantic love. The media has set ridiculous standards for love. Everyone wants to experience that feeling of being in love (romantic love)

Some are not even ready to commit themselves and sacrifice. They just want people to love them. After all with the way media has shown it (thanks to romantic movies, novels and reality shows) it has to be a sweet, wonderful feeling.
Wa gbayi! Well said
Re: Finding The Perfect One by legallyminded: 12:46pm On Nov 24, 2021
naija1stnigar:
Let all girls especially those at their prime understand that being a materialist will dampen your chances of getting married at the right time and even to the right person.
All men relate with women according to the character they find in them, if a man sees materialism in a lady he will likely give her what she wants but use her to satisfy his sexual urge and dump her, but conversely, if he sees calmness and contentment in a girl he may start planning for marriage.
The truth behind every relationship that leads to marriage is that the character of the lady is what pushes a man into his conclusion.
When a young lady is cool headed and understands his partner even if he has nothing she will be free to enter into marriage with such a man because she knows he has what it takes to make it, and we've seen numerous couples around us who started from the scratch and became giants together.
Our ladies of nowadays are just something else, even me am afraid to approach them because I may feel inefficient before them, they may judge me by my present status, not seeing things the way am seeing it or not being ready to endure a little with me.
The bottom line therefore is that ladies should see beyond their present beauty, vitality and urge for materialism, they should begin to make choice by thorough understanding of what any guy is within and not without, believing in a man's vision and also having something to bring to the table in order to sustain your relationship, by doing so, I think we will have more legitimate and productive marriages, lesser percentage of children born out of wedlock, and more marriages happening within our society than before. Shalom!

You hit the nail on the head
Re: Finding The Perfect One by Waper2(m): 12:46pm On Nov 24, 2021
Beebah2000:
Here to read comments undecided undecided
Please comment, the ball is in the ladies court �

1 Like

Re: Finding The Perfect One by BePrepared: 12:47pm On Nov 24, 2021
Afriqan:
Even as a man, I sometimes feel for ladies, but you can't settle down out of pity.

It's majorly the economy that has prevented a lot of well meaning guys from settling down. A lot of Nigerian women will tell you they love you, but if there is no money, there won't be respect in the relationship, that's why most guys are just staying single nowadays.

Ur points are very reasonable, sincerely I pity a lot of good ladies, but truth is u can't marry out of pity.

The economy too

1 Like

Re: Finding The Perfect One by SmartGadgetz: 12:49pm On Nov 24, 2021
pocohantas:

In which country is this realistic? In this same Nigeria that you guys said women rush into marriage immediately after NYSC?

Y’all would speak from every hole in your body to defend whatever agenda you want.

Yes they do. It's very commonly seen around poor homes and families. They tend to jump on any well to do man or family to eliminate their poor state.

Again, some ladies that didn't bow to such pressure because of personal interest - like explorations, exuberance and so on or due to the way the see themselves beautiful and hot, later in life, when reality had dawn on them and age are no longer on their side find it weigh more difficult to settle down or get what they should had grabbed when they were hot cakes and pursued by lots of different kinds of men.

Wealthy and rich families hardly do that. Their kids have the best of both worlds and with enough experiences before settling down. Their marriages are mostly through wealth connects or rich meets rich regardless of their age and time, making them to marry at will -men will always stick by them because money and power is accessible.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Finding The Perfect One by josephevergreen(m): 12:49pm On Nov 24, 2021
Eriokanmi:

How many guys want to marry into one room apartment with a separate kitchen ? How many gals want to endure with a few men who wish to marry into a room apartment with the description above? Everyone is just chasing shadows. Men too are busy craving a lifestyle which is often a mirage, before they think of getting married.

In my case, once God approved of our union with proofs even from more than one man of God who barely knew each other, we proceeded. I married my wife into a room with a separate kitchen outside. Once it rained in those days , we'd be busy diverting erosion away from the kitchen.

Today, we've achieved everything man has come to earth to achieve. I've dined with world leaders including Barak Obama on a special invitation to Washington DC. As I type this message, I'm inspecting my new edifice in lagos (the best in the whole estate). God has also blessed us with intelligent and God-fearing children all in a boarding secondary school in one of the best schools in Lagos.

My salary was 11k while my wife's was almost same when we got married. Barely a year after we got married, I began to change jobs like clothes and always with official cars, brand new to cap it all.

Money isn't everything when it comes to marriage too otherwise, DJ Cuppy wouldn't have been looking upandan for blind dates. It's God's institution. Try it and see things fall in pleasant places for you. Pray for your own and it would come, don't look at that pocket before you take a decision on this.

You have said it all sir...pls sir am a young guy that is still struggling to meet end needs..have been serving my boss for yrs..just start my own tiles business here in Lagos ..pls patronise me...I sell tiles, south African bricktiles,watercollector etc..07040313049 thanks sir
Re: Finding The Perfect One by Richvibes1997: 12:51pm On Nov 24, 2021
Eriokanmi:

oga oga bless me sir smiley
Re: Finding The Perfect One by isaiah4life(m): 12:51pm On Nov 24, 2021
God, I tap into this testimony you gave your son. Bless me as well. God remember me as you did for your son.

God bless you, sir.

Eriokanmi:

Re: Finding The Perfect One by jornwhite: 12:52pm On Nov 24, 2021
HoneySwag:

You're very correct op. No man will want to get married when he hasn't gotten a sustainable source of income to cater for himself not to talk of a family. When ladies (28 and above) find it difficult in meeting their choice of man, is not because they've been selective in the past but because their criteria and standards have now increased (especially those working)
Another reason is that when it comes to marriage, looking for a partner to spend the rest of your life with is different from looking for someone you want to go into a casual relationship with that leads to nowhere. So in such situation, ladies take out time to look out for men that are husband material. In this case, money is not necessarily a priority but character and compatibility. (Just qmy thoughts)

Rite on point, and like OP friend said, there are also situations like that, buh the main reason is what you've highlighted.

1 Like

Re: Finding The Perfect One by Aksnoopy: 12:52pm On Nov 24, 2021
pocohantas:

And who told you I am trying to “KEEP” a man?
Always forcing yourselves into the picture. For people who do not care about marriage, it is quite surprising. KEEP your fckeen selves. undecided

Every day same topic. Few days back one was here to wail because his gf of 4 years broke up with him to marry another.
I guess you are insinuating that you don't need a man in your life.

My dear sister, you sure need a "REAL" man in your life. Trust me!
Re: Finding The Perfect One by Solofresh2: 12:52pm On Nov 24, 2021
Brightw278:
I was discussing with a friend of mine during one of his visits this past weekend, we talked about politics, football and a whole lot of interesting topics. We were in the middle of discussion when we tuned in into this popular reality tv series on dstv, “finding the one”. So we switched topic

I was trying to explain to him why we have many ladies looking for suitors in Nigeria and the main reason being this harsh economy. I told him no man would want to settle down until he has something to fall onto and has a good job that can sustain a family but my friend thinks otherwise.

He said the reason why some ladies get really old without suitors coming their way is because they must have ignored a lot of guys during their prime (20-28) and once reality set in they become desperate.

I told him I have a sister who is perfectly fine and doing well but good men ain’t just coming her way, but he just wouldn’t agree. I can’t believe people still think this way in this 21st century. He was telling me no matter your looks and all someone must approach you, I had to calm him down what if those coming your way ain’t even somebody you can settle with. Guess his reply? You just have to endure and get married like that.

This a guy went on for some hours before I just decided to call it a quit and told him we should just enjoy our football match.Personally to me I think nobody should be forced into marriage when he /she ain’t ready.

I just want to seek you guys opinion, he will also be on nairaland reading this. Should the sole reason of not being able to find suitors be attributed to youthful exuberance alone? Do girls who find it difficult to find a man must have been to choosy in the past? Your opinions will be highly appreciated

You both are right but your friend reason is more genuine than yours.Yes, there are men that don't want to settle down because they are not financially stable but then again it does not mean that this same men cannot genuinely love a woman when they see one.
There are some that will approach a woman with confidence despite not financially stable and there are some that would not.
The ones that would do will make their feelings known to the lady, only for that lady to turn them down because the guy in question is not financially stable, which is wrong even if she is richer than he does.And some might turn down the guy because they don't like him forgetting that a man who loves them will always cherish them no matter what.They will start looking for the ones that will use and dump them, claiming they have not seen a man to date or marry.

No matter how ugly a lady is, there will always be a man that will come around disturbing her a relationship expect if she is under a spell.
Ladies should learn to cherish a man that loves them genuinely.Not all men you see want to sleep with you or eat your money.There are some that genuinely love you.But because that guy is not financially stable, you will just ignore or look down on him then you will start saying men are not coming your, not knowing you are deceiving yourself.

This generation of ladies are so lazy that, they are always looking for a rich guy to settle down with and they don't even care if he loves them or not

And the few ones that are not lazy and financially stable want a wealthy guy also.They don't want to settle for less.In that case they might wait till eternity because most of the ones that truely loves them are not up to their standard so they look down on them and keep searching for someone richer who might definitely still dump them at the end of the day.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Finding The Perfect One by Richvibes1997: 12:52pm On Nov 24, 2021
TOPCRUISE:
Both of you are right. It's normal for ladies to be choosy when they are young with their sweet 16 looks. But atimes they overdo it. Many ladies wait for the kind of man they watch in Telemundo. When they are aged 32 they become nice because reality have set in.
Re: Finding The Perfect One by Nobody: 12:53pm On Nov 24, 2021
pocohantas:

Yenyenyen! They ignored guys in their prime. But when your gf breaks up with you to marry a ready man, you will come crying on Nairaland.

Some of you here have been dating your gfs for years without marriage. If they leave you now, another wailing go start.

You marry early? All Naija women want is marriage. They don’t build themselves.

You say make you stand before marriage? Double wahala. Evening newspaper, borehole pussy. Edede! Who go marry this one?

Abeg make una getaut! undecided
Ah, ma'am! As if I just knew you would come here and single out that particular comment in the bolded print. " Rejected men while in their 20-28 bla bla "
I just knew it. grin
You don't do so well with these types of statements and articles, as whole.
Oh well...Life as we know it.

May love and marriage fall on all who are in this thread earnestly desiring them. And soon. Time is of the essence for some.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Man Holds His Lady’s Backside In Cute Pre-Wedding Photos / Lady Abandoned On Her Wedding Day By Her Partner Of 10Yrs Cries For Unpaid Bills / Dating A Nigerian Woman Is Like Taking Care Of Orphans - Breggle Acha Derrick

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 103
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.