Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,719 members, 7,831,289 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 04:35 PM

Finding The Perfect One - Romance (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Finding The Perfect One (41611 Views)

Man Climbs The Wall To Snap His Girlfriend & Give Her The 'Perfect' Photo / Lady Cancels Her Wedding After Finding Out Her Fiance Has A Fiancee. Photos / Finding The Right Woman When You Are Broke Is A Romantic Scam (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Finding The Perfect One by Omonigho1976: 12:53pm On Nov 24, 2021
Brightw278:
I was discussing with a friend of mine during one of his visits this past weekend, we talked about politics, football and a whole lot of interesting topics. We were in the middle of discussion when we tuned in into this popular reality tv series on dstv, “finding the one”. So we switched topic

I was trying to explain to him why we have many ladies looking for suitors in Nigeria and the main reason being this harsh economy. I told him no man would want to settle down until he has something to fall onto and has a good job that can sustain a family but my friend thinks otherwise.

He said the reason why some ladies get really old without suitors coming their way is because they must have ignored a lot of guys during their prime (20-28) and once reality set in they become desperate.

I told him I have a sister who is perfectly fine and doing well but good men ain’t just coming her way, but he just wouldn’t agree. I can’t believe people still think this way in this 21st century. He was telling me no matter your looks and all someone must approach you, I had to calm him down what if those coming your way ain’t even somebody you can settle with. Guess his reply? You just have to endure and get married like that.

This a guy went on for some hours before I just decided to call it a quit and told him we should just enjoy our football match.Personally to me I think nobody should be forced into marriage when he /she ain’t ready.

I just want to seek you guys opinion, he will also be on nairaland reading this. Should the sole reason of not being able to find suitors be attributed to youthful exuberance alone? Do girls who find it difficult to find a man must have been to choosy in the past? Your opinions will be highly appreciated

There are lot of reasons for this, some women just don't like the idea of marriage and prefare to remain single, please respect their decision when you meet such. Some other women have very unrealistic dreams and expectations when it comes to a marriage mate based on years of reading Mills and Boon and when eventually they come to their senses they've already passed their prime, whilst there is this other group of women are just plain repulsive and leave a bad taste in the mouth of anyone that encounter them.

1 Like

Re: Finding The Perfect One by naija1stnigar(m): 12:54pm On Nov 24, 2021
SmellySperm:
Marriage was not meant for everyone
you should have said food is also not meant for everybody, you need deliverance from the spirit of Davidoism.
Re: Finding The Perfect One by revolt(m): 12:55pm On Nov 24, 2021
Feminism. Feminism feminism... it destroyed the western women. Destroyed their marriage institution as men are no longer interested in marriage. Sexually liberated women and ofocs gave rise to babymamas everywhere and generally destroyed the quality of men who were raised by single mothers. It's also starting to creep into nigeria. Lagos is almost gone. It'll be a miracle to find a wife in lagos now. Nearly every chic is sexually liberated. As they call it. Synonym for promiscuity.

3 Likes

Re: Finding The Perfect One by Nobody: 12:57pm On Nov 24, 2021
FutureIsFemale:
[s][/s]It's the other way round. Men are the ones begging women for marriage. Some now prostrate to propose.

lalasticlala seun mynd44 Dominique justwise rule 2.
Lol. More than half of the moderators this lady just called to her help are men. Maybe just one person isn't. Yet, you are covertly dissing their gender on this same thread and elsewhere. Some things are funny to watch.

The future is indeed FEE-male

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Finding The Perfect One by BigBashiru: 12:59pm On Nov 24, 2021
Under current dating market conditions I don't recommend married men to be monogamous. Never promise ur wife exclusivity and enjoy urself for they also enjoyed themselves in their peak with so many boyfriends.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Finding The Perfect One by BigBashiru: 1:00pm On Nov 24, 2021
revolt:
Feminism. Feminism feminism... it destroyed the western women. Destroyed their marriage institution as men are no longer interested in marriage. Sexually liberated women and ofocs gave rise to babymamas everywhere and generally destroyed the quality of men who were raised by single mothers. It's also starting to creep into nigeria. Lagos is almost gone. It'll be a miracle to find a wife in lagos now. Nearly every chic is sexually liberated. As they call it. Synonym for promiscuity.

I've sexually liberated myself too. I'm still free even after marriage.
Re: Finding The Perfect One by Penguin2: 1:00pm On Nov 24, 2021
Eriokanmi:
Keep low and you'd get who/what you want.

How many guys want to marry into one room apartment with a separate kitchen ? How many gals want to endure with a few men who wish to marry into a room apartment with the description above? Everyone is just chasing shadows. Men too are busy craving a lifestyle which is often a mirage, before they think of getting married.

In my case, once God approved of our union with proofs even from more than one man of God who barely knew each other, we proceeded. I married my wife into a room with a separate kitchen outside. Once it rained in those days , we'd be busy diverting erosion away from the kitchen.

Today, we've achieved everything man has come to earth to achieve. I've dined with world leaders including Barak Obama on a special invitation to Washington DC. As I type this message, I'm inspecting my new edifice in lagos (the best in the whole estate). God has also blessed us with intelligent and God-fearing children all in a boarding secondary school in one of the best schools in Lagos.

My salary was 11k while my wife's was almost same when we got married. Barely a year after we got married, I began to change jobs like clothes and always with official cars, brand new to cap it all.

Money isn't everything when it comes to marriage too otherwise, DJ Cuppy wouldn't have been looking upandan for blind dates. It's God's institution. Try it and see things fall in pleasant places for you. Pray for your own and it would come, don't look at that pocket before you take a decision on this.

Are we supposed to believe this?
Re: Finding The Perfect One by pocohantas(f): 1:01pm On Nov 24, 2021
Aksnoopy:
I guess you are insinuating that you don't need a man in your life.

My dear sister, you sure need a "REAL" man in your life. Trust me!

Na by force to need you? Shebi men don’t benefit from marriage?

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Finding The Perfect One by emmnprince(m): 1:03pm On Nov 24, 2021
FutureIsFemale:
[s][/s]It's the other way round. Men are the ones begging women for marriage. Some now prostrate to propose.

You never disappoint on threads like this.

It's not the other way round. It applies to men and women. Always say it the way it is.
Re: Finding The Perfect One by revolt(m): 1:04pm On Nov 24, 2021
BigBashiru:

I've sexually liberated myself too. I'm still free even after marriage.
free how? I don't understand WOMANESE pls translate.
Re: Finding The Perfect One by ignacini: 1:05pm On Nov 24, 2021
The greatest mistake in life is getting married to the wrong person. Regardless of your age never rush into marriage, no matter the pressure. When the time is right, things will just fall into place and marriage will happen.
Remember LOVE is not enough when it comes to marriage.

7 Likes

Re: Finding The Perfect One by brainhack(m): 1:05pm On Nov 24, 2021
AutoChick4U:
When fate has written you'll marry in your 30s or 40s, no matter how you push in your 20s things won't fall in place. You push much, u may regret. Everyone got an appointed time.

Nothing is written unless you write it.

4 Likes

Re: Finding The Perfect One by Ournolly: 1:06pm On Nov 24, 2021
FutureIsFemale:
[s][/s]
lalasticlala seun mynd44 Dominique justwise rule 2.
Efcc police military frsc nnpc phcn...
Re: Finding The Perfect One by SunnyOG738(m): 1:06pm On Nov 24, 2021
SmellySperm:
Marriage was not meant for everyone
According to your doctor report
Re: Finding The Perfect One by Nobody: 1:08pm On Nov 24, 2021
SunnyOG738:
According to your doctor report
What do y'all kids know about marriage?undecided
Re: Finding The Perfect One by 15ssDRIVE(m): 1:10pm On Nov 24, 2021
Brightw278:
I was discussing with a friend of mine during one of his visits this past weekend, we talked about politics, football and a whole lot of interesting topics. We were in the middle of discussion when we tuned in into this popular reality tv series on dstv, “finding the one”. So we switched topic

I was trying to explain to him why we have many ladies looking for suitors in Nigeria and the main reason being this harsh economy. I told him no man would want to settle down until he has something to fall onto and has a good job that can sustain a family but my friend thinks otherwise.

He said the reason why some ladies get really old without suitors coming their way is because they must have ignored a lot of guys during their prime (20-28) and once reality set in they become desperate.

I told him I have a sister who is perfectly fine and doing well but good men ain’t just coming her way, but he just wouldn’t agree. I can’t believe people still think this way in this 21st century. He was telling me no matter your looks and all someone must approach you, I had to calm him down what if those coming your way ain’t even somebody you can settle with. Guess his reply? You just have to endure and get married like that.

This a guy went on for some hours before I just decided to call it a quit and told him we should just enjoy our football match.Personally to me I think nobody should be forced into marriage when he /she ain’t ready.

I just want to seek you guys opinion, he will also be on nairaland reading this. Should the sole reason of not being able to find suitors be attributed to youthful exuberance alone? Do girls who find it difficult to find a man must have been to choosy in the past? Your opinions will be highly appreciated

( what if those coming your way ain’t even somebody you can settle with)
As destiny reader wey you be ?
Re: Finding The Perfect One by SmartGadgetz: 1:10pm On Nov 24, 2021
pocohantas:

Na by force to need you? Shebi men don’t benefit from marriage?

Oga, local carpenters are married.
Gatemen are married.
Agbo sellers have husbands.

Our gateman showed me his “wife” a week ago. A young fine girl. Go and marry someone like her!

Hey miss. You tend to have a bad approach to discussions, you see comments as persons attacking you.

Please change the mentality or mindset. My first and second comments are free and devoid of direct attacks, is a general statements I wrote based on what's happening around.

Yours, you keep attacking your quoters up and down. Don't argue with me on this please re-read your reqoutes to know the attacks you are giving to me and some others for nothing sake.

Well, like I said before, check your mind positively and responsibly. I see you as a mature and intelligent lady. Don't let the pollution of the world and naira land inclusive take away your innocence.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Finding The Perfect One by ikorodureporta: 1:10pm On Nov 24, 2021
No steady income no marriage
Re: Finding The Perfect One by pocohantas(f): 1:11pm On Nov 24, 2021
SmartGadgetz:

Hey miss. You tend to have a bad approach to discussions, you see comments as persons attacking you.

Go and marry alata!! She would be glad to marry you.
Re: Finding The Perfect One by AutoChick4U(f): 1:11pm On Nov 24, 2021
brainhack:

Nothing is written unless you write it.
you don't believe in fate?
Re: Finding The Perfect One by SmartGadgetz: 1:12pm On Nov 24, 2021
pocohantas:

Go and marry alata!! She would be glad to marry you.

Who is alata?
Re: Finding The Perfect One by Udodiri01: 1:12pm On Nov 24, 2021
Y
Re: Finding The Perfect One by hardon1(m): 1:13pm On Nov 24, 2021
Why did the mod change the title... Mtchewwww!

For your info, its not only women that have the issue. Me have it as well
Re: Finding The Perfect One by Loreettaa: 1:14pm On Nov 24, 2021
Brightw278:

Your friend is just one among many low IQ folks (pardon my French) on nairaland who think that way.
You're too smart to remain in his company sha.
Re: Finding The Perfect One by Sukkyy2010: 1:15pm On Nov 24, 2021
valves:
You need to understand intersexual dynamics. ladies (and guys too) have a timeline, but most are oblivious of it until much later in life when it's almost too late.

Ladies are at their peak period when they are between ages 18-24 (for some it extends to 26). At this stage they are approached by all kinds of guys, obviously because they are young and beautiful, but this attention they get makes them to feel like they are on top of the world, like goddesses and gifts to humanity. Among those approaching at this stage are people who genuinely want to settle with them for life, but they are not ready to forgo all the attention they are getting from the other guys. They basically want to explore and date different people.

When they approach ages btw 28-34 they realise that they are no longer as attractive as they used to be and are not getting the attention of guys as before (this is the epiphany stage). Then they become desperate to settle down but most guys/suitors have already gotten married or switched their attention to much younger ladies. So the top guys they were interested in during their peak period are no longer available to them. Most ladies at this stage will still adamantly refuse to lower their standards and settle for someone who isn't (in their minds) "up to their (unrealistic) standards", and they keep aging while waiting for "Mr Perfect."

For guys the story is different. Guys peak around 32-36 years. At this age they have worked very hard and made money, are financially independent and ready to settle. But most of them will settle for ladies who are younger (ladies in their 20s), only a handful will go for ladies in their 30s.

Also, our generation is losing it. Some ladies find it hard to keep a man because they do not know their roles as women. They have consciously or unconsciously become hard-core feminist. Reality is most men don't want to settle with such ladies.

Summary is no lady will truthfully say that guys (well-intentioned guys) never approached them in their twenties (peak period). But they are on top of the world at this stage and belive they have all the time in the world and can attract anyone just because they are young and beautiful.

If you are a lady in your 20s (especially mid 20s) pls while you are getting all the attention from guys try and identify a potential suitor to settle down with. The older you get the more difficult it becomes.

I love your story sir but know that theway things turn out to be for you after marriage might not applied to another man. One important thing is one who is going into marriage must plan and must obtain opportunity enhancement such as skills or degree thatyou have which I it gives you chance and qualified you to apply and move from job to job this shows that you've already added some significant value to your life unlike someone who does not have academy or vocational certificate or business doing, imagine the result of such person enter marriage all
In the name getting married.

I hope you get my point?
Re: Finding The Perfect One by pocohantas(f): 1:15pm On Nov 24, 2021
SmartGadgetz:

Who is alata?

Pepper seller. (No disrespect to them)

Re: Finding The Perfect One by SmartGadgetz: 1:16pm On Nov 24, 2021
pocohantas:

Pepper seller. (No disrespect to them)

You are talking out of context.
Meanwhile, everyone is beautiful.

3 Likes

Re: Finding The Perfect One by pocohantas(f): 1:17pm On Nov 24, 2021
SmartGadgetz:

You are talking out of context.
Meanwhile, everyone is beautiful.

I am showing you women that would appreciate your 1k. Go propose to them.
Re: Finding The Perfect One by faithfull18(f): 1:18pm On Nov 24, 2021
A lot of Nigerians, men especially thinking process is unidirectional. A lot of factors affect different people as regards life, marriage inclusive. They are reasons why people do what they do. I don't even waste my precious time educating ignorant people.
Re: Finding The Perfect One by SmartGadgetz: 1:20pm On Nov 24, 2021
pocohantas:

I am showing you women that would appreciate your 1k. Go propose to them.

What about you sweetheart?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Waist Beads Have Turned Some Nigerian Men Into Mumu / Gambian "Baddie" Bride Passes Her Virginity Test. Gets Cash Gift / After Planning Our Wedding For 3 Years,they Say I Am Not Wife Material

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.