Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,521 members, 7,819,879 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:45 AM

The True Identity Of Bonny/Opobo People Facts Versus Fiction - Politics (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The True Identity Of Bonny/Opobo People Facts Versus Fiction (53846 Views)

The True Identity Of Bonny/opobo People: Facts Vs Fiction (VIDEO) / Meet The Opobo People Of Rivers State!!! / Ndoki, Bonny, Opobo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (90) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The True Identity Of Bonny/Opobo People Facts Versus Fiction by JANK23H(m): 11:37pm On Nov 29, 2021
9Pluto:

Is this for real!! Living off their canoe!!! So no be today piracy start. Later one illiterate would come and claim Europeans are ignorant.

Please, how do I access this literature.
The sea,canoe/boat have always been part of the Ijaw man.The average Ijaw man in time past spent most time there than his village.Sometimes,he would build his abode on water.Water is his life.

1 Like

Re: The True Identity Of Bonny/Opobo People Facts Versus Fiction by Christistruth00: 11:48pm On Nov 29, 2021
RobbStark:

Me waste my time read rubbish. Never.
I am an Ijaw man from Opobo town Cookeys compound.
My name is Idawarifa.
Any one who knows Opobo very well shud know Lady Bs spot at the waterfront.
That is where I normally sit facing Ikot Abasi (Utaiwa) sipping my ogogoro with fish while the cool breeze from the sea refreshes my skin.

Boy, I have given you and the rest of your fellow miscreants assignment, I want you all to bring forth a typical Ibo man from bonny or Opobo.
I don't want that ringtone you guys keep playing here that those places are owned by ibos. No no no no.

How do you cope with these Biafran Land grabbers that are always doing long Throat for Opobo and Bonny that was never theirs

As of Yesterday one IPOB faction was trying to Claim Ijebu Igbo in Ogun State and Ilaje Ugbo in Ondo State

Mkpuru Miri has bad Side effects

4 Likes

Re: The True Identity Of Bonny/Opobo People Facts Versus Fiction by 9Pluto(m): 11:48pm On Nov 29, 2021
JANK23H:

The sea,canoe/boat have always been part of the Ijaw man.The average Ijaw man in time past spent most time there than his village.Sometimes,he would build his abode on water.Water is his life.

Fact

2 Likes

Re: The True Identity Of Bonny/Opobo People Facts Versus Fiction by Nwanyiogwashi(f): 11:51pm On Nov 29, 2021
I missed this thread well after going through it I must confess that Igbo are very intelligent people please keep it up my brothers.
The next thing we should do in 2023 is to make sure that ijaw man or woman does not become the governor of rivers,both kalabari and okiriki people, if other igboid in rivers doesn't come together to present one candidate is better for ikwerre people to continue. If ijaw rule rivers state Igbo will regret it ,what they did when rivers and bayelsa were together will be worst .
No matter how we view ikwerre they're far better than ijaw, as for Delta state ijaw will never rule other ethnic group in Delta state won't allow them.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: The True Identity Of Bonny/Opobo People Facts Versus Fiction by ThickSharon123(f): 12:01am On Nov 30, 2021
JANK23H:

Let's not get started with their meticulous record keeping.

Like I said,I've explained why the Igbo language is dominant in Bonny and Opobo.Those Kings never identified as Igbos,they couldn't have because they spoke Ibani.

Many non-igbo tribe were categorized as Igbos as they still are in modern Nigeria.It still doesn't make them Igbos.I've had to explain to Yorubas and Northerners on several occasions why I'm not Igbo and how Ijaws are a different tribe.

I could show you several records of Ijaws as the Aborigines of Bonny and Opobo,it still won't quell your thirst to have access to the sea.

But wait, so you think Igbos are studying history of their kin to have access to sea, chineke mala ebere grin...okay, okay, if you don't want them to have that small portion fo the sea, what have you done with the long coastline that stretches from Ghana to ivory coast to Cameroon (wait a minute, you guys never mentioned Cameroon, becuase it hasn't been held with importance grin)

So, it's just to block Igbos from having the sea that's why you're battling it with them. For you information, dear, Igbos have access to the sea if they want. They are in good heads with their neighbor, who trusts and believes them that's Akwa Ibom and Cross river, and Opobo and Bonny wouldn't bat an eye to say Ijaw is their heritage. It isn't possible.

What does Ijaw have that Igbos would want to look at your face. You guys are proud and make yourself feel special because you have oil, what has the oil done for you and your well-being, when you don't think of investments? What have you done with the sea you hold so dear, are there standardized ports in your land, do ask yourself these questions.

Now, I'm believing the fact that you Izon people do indeed get drunk, because most of you speak like people held with the wine. grin

9 Likes

Re: The True Identity Of Bonny/Opobo People Facts Versus Fiction by Malawian(m): 12:02am On Nov 30, 2021
JANK23H:

Na wetin dey pain me pass.All this online talk dey tire me.

Let it transcend from virtual battle to real one.Reading their comments you wonder where these Parliament of baboons emanate from.One keeps talking about annexing and referendum like say he be UN;the audacity!Always the same set quoting themselves and wanking away.

If Nigeria breaks and the Ijaw accidentally shots even one single bullet in Igbo Areas / Biafra, you will be declared terrorists and would 'all but be annihilated.

6 Likes

Re: The True Identity Of Bonny/Opobo People Facts Versus Fiction by bomb24: 12:02am On Nov 30, 2021
9Pluto:

Don't spend your time explaining things to that guy. I just laughed when he said Europeans had a distorted account of tribes. The same Europeans that were responsible for the scramble and partition of Africa. I won't be surprised if he denied slave trade ever happened too.
The good thing about Crow's account is that it is so detailed you cannot deny it. Igbos owe him a lot. The memoir was written as if the Captain new a time like this would come. He documented all spheres of daily living then (religion,culture,language,physical appearance etc).

The man even wrote a mini igbo dictionary about the language natives were speaking (maybe he was tone deaf or learnt igbo in Liverpool in 1798). I am surprised someone hasn't claimed Captain Crow was actually an igbo named Captain Chukwu.

I daresay from records in that account and existence of igbo culture in both places today, if igbos dare take this matter to a court of arbitration, ijaws would have no case.

Apt!

6 Likes

Re: The True Identity Of Bonny/Opobo People Facts Versus Fiction by Idiko1: 12:04am On Nov 30, 2021
DitariDisciple2:
So why is Bonny and Opobo under all Ijaw socia-cultural organizations till today without leaving even one behind, but they are not even in one Ibo own till today.
Why do their Kings use Amayanabo as title, same with other Ijaw subgroups, like Nembe in Bayelsa Brass in Bayelsa Kalabari, Wakirike and other Ibani.
And never ever Eze.
Both Bonny and Opobo answer Ijaw names and never Ibo own.
Is Ibim Ibiwari from Opobo Ibo names??
Is Adawari from Opobo Ibo name
Is Preye from Bonny Ibo name??
Is Ebi from Bonny Ibo name??
Is Tamuno Kpokpo from Opobo Ibo name
All una lies end here.
All those write ups u posted are all created by Ibo.
Tell me why they are in all Ijaw socia-cultural organizations without leaving even one behind, till today, but they are not even in one Ibo own.

The so-called Ijaw are boat people and mainly lived on the boat anchored at the waterside. However, there were powerful men, mainly the Aro, Ndoki and Ngwa peeps whose compounds were routinely cleaned by other members of the community hence Ama Onye Anabo. The same thing goes to Amaikiri which has been changed to Amachree. Ijaw is made up of many people

9 Likes

Re: The True Identity Of Bonny/Opobo People Facts Versus Fiction by JANK23H(m): 12:07am On Nov 30, 2021
Malawian:

If Nigeria breaks and the Ijaw accidentally shots even one single bullet in Igbo Areas / Biafra, you will be declared terrorists and would 'all but be annihilated.
Quiet....Dreamer!

No wonder Yoruba call you chest beaters.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The True Identity Of Bonny/Opobo People Facts Versus Fiction by JANK23H(m): 12:12am On Nov 30, 2021
Idiko1:

The so-called Ijaw are boat people and mainly lived on the boat anchored at the waterside. However, there were powerful men, mainly the Aro, Ndoki and Ngwa peeps who compunds were roatinely cleaned by other members of the community hence Ama Onye Anabo. The same thing goes to Amaikiri which has been changed to Amachree. Ijaw is make up of many people
You just spelt an Ijaw word...Amakiri

Lol.....at your adulteration of Amayanaobo

1 Like

Re: The True Identity Of Bonny/Opobo People Facts Versus Fiction by JANK23H(m): 12:22am On Nov 30, 2021
ThickSharon123:

But wait, so you think Igbos are studying history of their kin to have access to sea, chineke mala ebere grin...okay, okay, if you don't want them to have that small portion fo the sea, what have you done with the long coastline that stretches from Ghana to ivory coast to Cameroon (wait a minute, you guys never mentioned Cameroon, becuase it hasn't been held with importance grin)

So, it's just to block Igbos from having the sea that's why you're battling it with them. For you information, dear, Igbos have access to the sea if they want. They are in good heads with their neighbor, who trusts and believes them that's Akwa Ibom and Cross river, and Opobo and Bonny wouldn't bat an eye to say Ijaw is their heritage. It isn't possible.

What does Ijaw have that Igbos would want to look at your face. You guys are proud and make yourself feel special because you have oil, what has the oil done for you and your well-being, when you don't think of investments? What have you done with the sea you hold so dear, are there standardized ports in your land, do ask yourself these questions.

Now, I'm believing the fact that you Izon people do indeed get drunk, because most of you speak like people held with the wine. grin
And you just ranted like what?
Why the obsession with Opobo and Bonny?
What have you done with your land?

On the contrary,if you've had time to go through this thread,you'd see the Igbo are the haughty ones.

Igbos are irrelevant in the scheme of things,and we don't give a flying Bleep about them.There are no Igbo kith and kin in those areas you mentioned.Get you brains out of your asse.s.

1 Like

Re: The True Identity Of Bonny/Opobo People Facts Versus Fiction by Idiko1: 12:22am On Nov 30, 2021
JANK23H:

Shut up your putrid mouth. ikiri was a nickname. So were Utazi, Azumiri, Odum, Ediabali and Awo. In those days, Ama is attached to their nicknames to aptly describe their compounds when given a direction. Even today in Okirika (Okrika), the funny IkiriAma, OganuAma, AmadiAma and Oparama are used instead of the traditional Igbo format of Amaeke, Amaimo, Amamdugba, Amakohia, Amaike, etc.

8 Likes

Re: The True Identity Of Bonny/Opobo People Facts Versus Fiction by SlayerForever: 12:23am On Nov 30, 2021
9Pluto:

Is this for real!
No central king(in the spirit of tracing the first Amanyanabo)!!
Living off their canoe!!! So no be today piracy start. This account is also trying to show that Brass may not be ijaw after all. It is all making sense now. Later one illiterate would come and claim Europeans are ignorant.

Please, for context sake, when was this published? How do I access this literature?

Brass are Nembe people. We believe they are Igbo descended, from prehistoric accounts. But this days they're not very Igbo anymore. In any case, on their issue it's fingers crossed. Nembe are not Izon. Neither are Kalabari.

5 Likes

Re: The True Identity Of Bonny/Opobo People Facts Versus Fiction by SlayerForever: 12:24am On Nov 30, 2021
RobbStark:

Slayerforever, this must be your other handle.
Stop hiding and do the homework I gave you.
I want the answers 2moro.

My other handle? What you talking about grin

6 Likes

Re: The True Identity Of Bonny/Opobo People Facts Versus Fiction by JANK23H(m): 12:26am On Nov 30, 2021
Idiko1:

Shut up your putrid mouth. ikiri was a nickname. So were Utazi, Azumiri, Odum, Ediabali and Awo. In those days, Ama is attached to their nicknames to aptly describe their compounds when given a direction. Even today in Okirika (Okrika), the funny IkiriAma, OganuAma, AmadiAma and Oparama are used instead of the traditional Igbo format of Amaeke, Amaimo, Amamdugba, Amakohia, Amaike, etc.
Obori!

Ama is an Ijaw word for town/village.When Ama appears in an Ijaw word,it means the town of .......

1 Like

Re: The True Identity Of Bonny/Opobo People Facts Versus Fiction by SlayerForever: 12:28am On Nov 30, 2021
Nwanyiogwashi:
I missed this thread well after going through it I must confess that Igbo are very intelligent people please keep it up my brothers.
The next thing we should do in 2023 is to make sure that ijaw man or woman does not become the governor of rivers,both kalabari and okiriki people, if other igboid in rivers doesn't come together to present one candidate is better for ikwerre people to continue. If ijaw rule rivers state Igbo will regret it ,what they did when rivers and bayelsa were together will be worst .
No matter how we view ikwerre they're far better than ijaw, as for Delta state ijaw will never rule other ethnic group in Delta state won't allow them.

The Ijaw wannabes in Rivers state are too tiny to win anything. In fact this thread has shown Igbo is near 80% of Rivers state.

7 Likes

Re: The True Identity Of Bonny/Opobo People Facts Versus Fiction by 9Pluto(m): 12:29am On Nov 30, 2021
JANK23H:

Obori!

Ama is an Ijaw word for town/village.When Ama appears in an Ijaw word,it means the town of .......

This is an interesting submission. Now does Ama mean the same thing to the ijaw in Delta, Edo and Ondo or is it only in Rivers State?

We may soon need the support of an igbo-speaking ijaw and an Ijaw-speaking igbo.

Please, guys let us try to keep the conversation as civil as possible.

10 Likes

Re: The True Identity Of Bonny/Opobo People Facts Versus Fiction by SlayerForever: 12:31am On Nov 30, 2021
JANK23H:

Obori!

Ama is actually Igbo.

7 Likes

Re: The True Identity Of Bonny/Opobo People Facts Versus Fiction by JANK23H(m): 12:50am On Nov 30, 2021
9Pluto:

This is an interesting submission. Now does Ama mean the same thing to the ijaw in Delta, Edo and Ondo or is it only in Rivers State?

We may soon need the support of an igbo-speaking ijaw and an Ijaw-speaking igbo.

Please, guys let us try to keep the conversation as civil as possible.
Ama mean the same thing in all Ijaw dialects.
Re: The True Identity Of Bonny/Opobo People Facts Versus Fiction by cheruv: 12:52am On Nov 30, 2021
BKayy:

The truth can't be more truthful than this.
We really have an outstanding score to settle with those Minorities, especially the trio (Igala, Ijaw and Bini)
I've already worked out a plan in case war breaks out... And better still the trio are to the West geographically(Bini: west; Ịgara: North West; Izon: South West).
By the time a peace treaty is concluded, the Izon would've been driven into the sea, the Ịgara driven across the Benue river into the Nasarawa plains whilst the city of Benin burnt down and the oba sent into an eternal exile to ile ife

8 Likes

Re: The True Identity Of Bonny/Opobo People Facts Versus Fiction by JANK23H(m): 12:54am On Nov 30, 2021
SlayerForever:

Ama is actually Igbo.
Check the meaning of Ama and Amakiri

3 Likes

Re: The True Identity Of Bonny/Opobo People Facts Versus Fiction by Idiko1: 1:02am On Nov 30, 2021
JANK23H:

Obori!

Itiborirbo!!!

Ama is a compound in Igbo. Ijaw was never an ethnic group when the Europeans appeared in the Bight of Biafra. Is Ogan a town or village as OganAma?

4 Likes

Re: The True Identity Of Bonny/Opobo People Facts Versus Fiction by Idiko1: 1:04am On Nov 30, 2021
JANK23H:

Check the meaning of Ama and Amakiri

Amaikiri, in this case Ikiri is an animal.

3 Likes

Re: The True Identity Of Bonny/Opobo People Facts Versus Fiction by cheruv: 1:12am On Nov 30, 2021
Christistruth00:

How do you cope with these Biafran Land grabbers that are always doing long Throat for Opobo and Bonny that was never theirs

As of Yesterday one IPOB faction was trying to Claim Ijebu Igbo in Ogun State and Ilaje Ugbo in Ondo State

Yorubas always leave their markers anywhere they're

4 Likes

Re: The True Identity Of Bonny/Opobo People Facts Versus Fiction by JANK23H(m): 4:31am On Nov 30, 2021
Idiko1:

Itiborirbo!!!

Ama is a compound in Igbo. Ijaw was never an ethnic group when the Europeans appeared in the Bight of Biafra. Is Ogan a town or village as OganAma?
Shoo off!
Toddler,you have nothing intelligent to say.
Because it's also in your lexicon doesn't mean the words are exclusively yours.

Don't appear in my mention again, it's averse to twats.

1 Like

Re: The True Identity Of Bonny/Opobo People Facts Versus Fiction by EzeCanada: 6:27am On Nov 30, 2021
JANK23H:

In igbo Ama ikiri means the abode or meadow of Ikiri. Ikiri is also located in the hinterland of the Igbo country very close to Ahoda

3 Likes

Re: The True Identity Of Bonny/Opobo People Facts Versus Fiction by AlexBells(m): 6:51am On Nov 30, 2021
afonjaheadhunts:

You should learn the history of your people to know that iJaws never sold them as slaves neither was King pepple and other rulers of Bonny or Opobo iJaws, also Ijaws were irrelevant in Bonny or Opobo pre-civil war as for the rest of your write up that's non of my business.
How could you tell who sold who and who did not by remotely staying here today, you can't prove that the Ijaws never sold Igbos, it was a business and anyone can participate, unless you don't care about the truth but if the notion that Ijaws never sold Igbos serve you right, hold on to it and observe it like a ritual but I believe at one point, Ijaws must have engaged or facilitated slave trade,

The two school of thought have every propensity but without ego you should be able to decipher the truth, King Jaja was an Ijaw thats a truth
Re: The True Identity Of Bonny/Opobo People Facts Versus Fiction by RobbStark(m): 7:51am On Nov 30, 2021
Christistruth00:

The side effect of that drug is really getting to them.
Well, I have given them assignment already, they shud come forth with a typical Ibo man from Opobo or Bonny.
Until then, they are just noise makers in this forum

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The True Identity Of Bonny/Opobo People Facts Versus Fiction by Nobody: 8:27am On Nov 30, 2021
RobbStark:

Me waste my time read rubbish. Never.
I am an Ijaw man from Opobo town Cookeys compound.
My name is Idawarifa.
Any one who knows Opobo very well shud know Lady Bs spot at the waterfront.
That is where I normally sit facing Ikot Abasi (Utaiwa) sipping my ogogoro with fish while the cool breeze from the sea refreshes my skin.

Boy, I have given you and the rest of your fellow miscreants assignment, I want you all to bring forth a typical Ibo man from bonny or Opobo.
I don't want that ringtone you guys keep playing here that those places are owned by ibos. No no no no.
Only person wey never go Opobo or Bonny go dey talk say nah igbo area.

Is time you people stop arguing with them

There was a time they do call Lagos no man's land too

3 Likes

Re: The True Identity Of Bonny/Opobo People Facts Versus Fiction by Nobody: 8:31am On Nov 30, 2021
GodIsBiafran:

Grow some balls. Ijaws are already claiming Yoruba land in Ondo state. Speak the truth and shame the devil.
What's the name of the place dey are claiming in Ondo?
Re: The True Identity Of Bonny/Opobo People Facts Versus Fiction by JANK23H(m): 8:35am On Nov 30, 2021
EzeCanada:

In igbo Ama ikiri means the abode or meadow of Ikiri. Ikiri is located in the hinterland of the Igbo country very close to Ahoda
The other person said Ikiri means animal.There is no correlation here, especially with that of Bonny/Opobo Ijaw.

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (90) (Reply)

Peter Obi Reacts To Nasarawa Women's Nude Protest / The Tanko Yakassai Interview On Channels TV Everyone Is Talking About (Video) / Drunk Police Officer Sighted In Lagos.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.