Stats: 3,150,718 members, 7,809,716 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:50 PM

The True Identity Of Bonny/Opobo People Facts Versus Fiction - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The True Identity Of Bonny/Opobo People Facts Versus Fiction (53262 Views)

The True Identity Of Bonny/opobo People: Facts Vs Fiction (VIDEO) / Meet The Opobo People Of Rivers State!!! / Ndoki, Bonny, Opobo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (90) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The True Identity Of Bonny/Opobo People Facts Versus Fiction by SlayerForever: 8:23pm On Nov 29, 2021
9Pluto:

Don't spend your time explaining things to that guy. I just laughed when he said Europeans had a distorted account of tribes. The same Europeans that were responsible for the scramble and partition of Africa. I won't be surprised if he denied slave trade ever happened too.
The good thing about Crow's account is that it is so detailed you cannot deny it. Igbos owe him a lot. The memoir was written as if the Captain new a time like this would come. He documented all spheres of daily living then (religion,culture,language,physical appearance etc).

The man even wrote a mini igbo dictionary about the language natives were speaking (maybe he was tone deaf or learnt igbo in Liverpool in 1798). I am surprised someone hasn't claimed Captain Crow was actually an igbo named Captain Chukwu.

I daresay from records in that account and existence of igbo culture in both places today, if igbos dare take this matter to a court of arbitration, ijaws would have no case.

And that is exactly what we will.

Re: The True Identity Of Bonny/Opobo People Facts Versus Fiction by SlayerForever: 8:24pm On Nov 29, 2021
christistruth01:

With all Humility

I came down to your intellectual level

I have 2 UK Post Graduate degrees

Don't let me drag you please

If I start being intellectual with you

You will flee this thread

The fact that Mkpuru Miri has Sabotaged your thinking doesn't mean the whole World is like you

Who do you this thing

Re: The True Identity Of Bonny/Opobo People Facts Versus Fiction by christistruth01: 8:26pm On Nov 29, 2021
SlayerForever:
[s][/s]

Who do you this thing

Stop taking Mkpuru Miri

Re: The True Identity Of Bonny/Opobo People Facts Versus Fiction by 9Pluto(m): 8:27pm On Nov 29, 2021
christistruth01:

With all Humility

I have 2 UK Post Graduate degrees

The fact that Mkpuru Miri has Sabotaged you thinking doesn't mean the whole World is like you

Are you bragging you have 2 UK postgraduate degrees ��� and you are making this caricature of yourself here. Maybe, you are the first person to acquire such in your village, if not you need to either ask for a full refund of your tuition or you publish a full page apology to your UK schools on the front page of two successive Daily Mail edition.

Who needs a UK degree if you can't contribute to an intellectual discourse. You should hide your head in shame.

Re: The True Identity Of Bonny/Opobo People Facts Versus Fiction by michelz: 8:29pm On Nov 29, 2021
JANK23H:
History fraught with fallacies.No point engaging dunderheads.

I'm glad a lot of my Ijaw brothers have ignored deliberately.Like one of them said,Ijaw man no dey talk plenty.Enjoy your folly online.

I only pray that these bravado online will motivate some of you to act and invade Bonny and Opobo.No time for plenty talk.

Until you grow some balls and act,na siddon look we dey.

Oga stop this rubbish. They have thrashed you here with superior intellect and all you can do is to chest-beat shamelessly.
Is this what you're going to present in courts when it comes to it?
When you Ijaws started this misadventure of claiming every single place within your reach in the name of " Niger Delta", you were severely warned. Now, you see the consequence?
Even if it comes down to violence, would you be able to stand the force of the Igbos?
Just pray that Igbos don't just carry you in mind ( as they have now for Ijaw), if not, even the Ijaw settlers in Bonny and Opobo would run away back to Bayelsa or become engulfed as Igbos.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: The True Identity Of Bonny/Opobo People Facts Versus Fiction by christistruth01: 8:30pm On Nov 29, 2021
9Pluto:

Are you bragging you have 2 UK postgraduate degrees ��� and you are making this caricature of yourself here. Maybe, you are the first person to acquire such in your village, if not you need to either ask for a full refund of your tuition or you publish a full page apology to your UK schools on front page of two successive Daily Mail edition.

Who needs a UK degree if you can't contribute to an intellectual discourse. You should hide your head in shame.

You thought you were intellectual

You are not

You don't know the meaning of intellectual

Ordinary home training you don't have so. How can you handle intellectual

If you had any sense you wouldn't be dragging ancestral lands with the owners!

That it dirt low IQ

Go to your Primary School and get a refund of your fees

Pay for another Primary School Education

Rubbish

Re: The True Identity Of Bonny/Opobo People Facts Versus Fiction by 9Pluto(m): 8:35pm On Nov 29, 2021
christistruth01:

You are not

Remember what you called me

Rubbish
No, I WEREN'T intellectual. As a matter of fact the guy you dare criticise, has supplied the single most intelligent literatures to this conversation and here you are parading 2 UK postgraduate degrees with zero content.

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The True Identity Of Bonny/Opobo People Facts Versus Fiction by JANK23H(m): 8:35pm On Nov 29, 2021
michelz:

Oga stop this rubbish. They have thrashed you here with superior intellect and all you can do is to chest-beat shamelessly.
Is this what you're going to present in courts when it comes to it?
When you Ijaws started this misadventure of claiming every single place within your reach in the name of " Niger Delta", you were severely warned. Now, you see the consequence?
Even if it comes down to violence, would you be able to stand the force of the Igbos?
Just pray that Igbos don't just carry you in mind ( as they have now for Ijaw), if not, even the Ijaw settlers in Bonny and Opobo would run away back to Bayelsa or become engulfed as Igbos.
Where is the superior argument?

That recycled text?

Oga rest,no be today?

Re: The True Identity Of Bonny/Opobo People Facts Versus Fiction by christistruth01: 8:36pm On Nov 29, 2021
9Pluto:
No, I WEREN'T intellectual. As a matter of fact the guy you dare criticise, has supplied the single most intelligent literatures to this conversation and here you are parading 2 UK postgraduate degrees with zero content.

That is dirt low IQ

You learnt nothing useful

Rubbish

Re: The True Identity Of Bonny/Opobo People Facts Versus Fiction by horsepower102: 8:42pm On Nov 29, 2021
There are some individuals that are running mad because of the facts laid out on this thread and they have predictably resulted to insults in order to derail this thread.

Everyone should ignore them and continue laying out the facts. The truth cannot be hidden any longer.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The True Identity Of Bonny/Opobo People Facts Versus Fiction by Malawian(m): 8:43pm On Nov 29, 2021
Only one problem,Brass people were not Ijaw. Jo-men (Ijaw) appeared later from nowhere and lived almost exclusively on their boats. Using piracy and murder to fend for themselves. They can't possibly be the same Brass that made salt and Brass metal works on land. Ijaw is not indigenous to the Niger-Delta nor Nigeria as a whole. They were imported by the British to help them secure their Niger-Delta loot from Igbos.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: The True Identity Of Bonny/Opobo People Facts Versus Fiction by Ekealterego: 8:48pm On Nov 29, 2021
christistruth01:

With all Humility

The fact that Mkpuru Miri has Sabotaged your thinking doesn't mean the whole World is like you

Stop taking Mkpuru Miri

Thanks for the humorous display of clownery.

You can now take your soggy bottom to the dry jokes section where your colleagues await with open arms.

Close the door behind you.

17 Likes

Re: The True Identity Of Bonny/Opobo People Facts Versus Fiction by horsepower102: 8:48pm On Nov 29, 2021
Malawian:
Only one problem,Brass people were not Ijaw. Jo-men (Ijaw) appeared later from nowhere and lived almost exclusively on their boats. Using piracy and murder to fend for themselves. They can't possibly be the same Brass that made salt and Brass metal works on land. Ijaw is not indigenous to the Niger-Delta nor Nigeria as a whole. They were imported by the British to help them secure their Niger-Delta loot from Igbos.

I and so many others have been saying this. This also explains why they have no civilization artifacts. Also their claimed language stands out like a sore thumb when compared to the surrounding ones. This has been confirmed by linguists. Op 9Pluto when you finish your research, you will come to the same conclusion.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The True Identity Of Bonny/Opobo People Facts Versus Fiction by christistruth01: 8:55pm On Nov 29, 2021
Ekealterego:

Thanks for the humorous display of clownery.

You can now take your soggy bottom to the dry jokes section where your colleagues await with open arms.

Close the door behind you.

Mkpuru Miri dragging Ijaw Land with Ijaws

They will Panel beat Sense back into you

Re: The True Identity Of Bonny/Opobo People Facts Versus Fiction by michelz: 8:55pm On Nov 29, 2021
christistruth01:

Heard IPOB are now Claiming Ijebu Igbo , Ilaje Ugbo, Idumota and Alaba (Ala Aba) Markets in Lagos as part of their new Igbo Idu Empire

Can someone please kindly Confirm that it is fake News.

Thank you in advance
I don't know you but you seem to lean towards Yoruba as your ethnicity. It doesn't really matter though so long as you are not Ijaw. It's just a matter of time before the Ijaws will start claiming your people and your lands. They did that to Benins not minding that Benins fought alongside with them in their quest to subjugate the Igbos some few years ago. It will soon get to you... So long as you are within Nigeria. It's just a matter of time before you come to Nairaland and start whining.

Re: The True Identity Of Bonny/Opobo People Facts Versus Fiction by christistruth01: 9:06pm On Nov 29, 2021
michelz:

I don't know you but you seem to lean towards Yoruba as your ethnicity. It doesn't really matter though so long as you are not Ijaw. It's just a matter of time before the Ijaws will start claiming your people and your lands. They did that to Benins not minding that Benins fought alongside with them in their quest to subjugate the Igbos some few years ago. It will soon get to you... So long as you are within Nigeria. It's just a matter of time before you come to Nairaland and start whining.

We have Lived Side by Side wth Ijaws in Yorubaland for more than 200 years if not for Politics of Oil Oppression Ijaws are very Peaceful People and very good neighbors

It was Ijaws who taught the Ilajes to become the expert fishermen they are today

If you do not put your hands down Ijaws throat to drag out trouble like you are doing now by dragging Ijaws Opobo and Bonny with them because you want to steal their Oil rich Lands and Sea Coast

Ijaws would have been among the most Peaceful People in West Africa

Re: The True Identity Of Bonny/Opobo People Facts Versus Fiction by GreatBoss: 9:19pm On Nov 29, 2021
Malawian:

Diete Spiff Brass man, sent all Igbos out of old Rivers state and declare all their houses abandoned properties,
Carry them dash ijaw and Ikwerre.
He is the present Amayanabo of Twon Brass clan.

Re: The True Identity Of Bonny/Opobo People Facts Versus Fiction by 9Pluto(m): 9:21pm On Nov 29, 2021
christistruth01:

That is dirt low IQ

You learnt nothing useful

Rubbish

Ancestral land indeed.
Bonny and Opobo are the only two islands throughout the Niger-delta where the spoken language is different from the acclaimed ancestor's spoken language and the culture different from the acclaimed ancestor's culture.

Human beings didn't emerge from thin air, we all migrated from somewhere and according to available facts igbos were the first to arrive there. I bet your UK schools didn't teach you some of this.

Re: The True Identity Of Bonny/Opobo People Facts Versus Fiction by 9Pluto(m): 9:31pm On Nov 29, 2021
christistruth01:

We have Lived Side by Side wth Ijaws in Yorubaland for more than 200 years if not for Politics of Oil Oppression Ijaws are very Peaceful People and very good neighbors

It was Ijaws who taught the Ilajes to become the expert fishermen they are today

If you do not put your hands down Ijaws throat to drag out trouble like you are doing now by dragging Ijaws Opobo and Bonny with them because you want to steal their Oil rich Lands and Sea Coast

Ijaws would have been among the most Peaceful People in West Africa
The same Ijaw trying to claim almost all Nigerian coast including Gabon. They are currently claiming Akwa-ibom coast and part of Crossriver coast line. A careful analysis of the references I have found of most ijaw related claims online are either recent or not verifiable. I even saw one of the claims referencing IPOB 2020!

The challenge in the original post here was simple, dispute Captain Crow's claim with evidence and all you guys could do is to start throwing tantrums.

Re: The True Identity Of Bonny/Opobo People Facts Versus Fiction by Eastlink(m): 9:49pm On Nov 29, 2021
bomb24:

lol balderdash. u keep exposing yourself as the day goes by. i keep noting your high adrenaline rush anytime the ijaw revisionist are being crushed by the Igbos on here.

U have false claim of being Igbo (ngwa clan) but i have gone through your posts u're so Igbophobic and at the same time ijaw-centric. u get easily riled up anytime the ijaws are subdued in intellectual discourse such as this.

you always hide your deception about being rational but in the through sense you are not.

Igboid
Bkayy
mancoconut.
slayforever
thegodfather
eastlink
ekeaterego.
thicksharon.

And to the rest of my Igbo peeps here plz take note of this moniker he is not Igbo u can go through his post and topics. he is notorious for countering anytin Igbo on this forum and at the same pace claiming Igbo.

His agenda has always been on the balkanization of Igbo land into sub tribes and he hates anytin that has to do with Igbo unity in general and has stood against it since the inception of nairaland.

i must really recommend Pazienza the igboid himself and the rest of the Igbo warriors in here for turning the bit*ch into a shadow he is.. fucking ijaw sewge rat..

Chinenye is an Ijaw. I first pointed it out in 2019 but a lot of folks didn't get the memo. He/she owns the Imemba moniker and a few anti-Igbo Ikwerre moniker you see on Nairaland and Facebook.

I want to believe the INC/IYC began the onslaught online against Ndigbo since the coming of the internet in Nigeria. Probably between 1998 and become more pronounced in early 2000. The Wikipedia Ijaw sponsored history on Bonny/Opobo history began this time. The speak Ibani initiative and annihilation campaign on Igbo language in Bonny began this time.

In the past, the Igbo language Wikipedia page had Bonny/Opobo as an Igbo dialect, but guess who edited it. Ijaws? Ijaws practically removed that section. Also, in the past Bonny/Opobo Wikipedia history made no mention of Igbo, everything was Ijaw. But guess who fought to have sections like this “many people speak Igbo language”, folks like us. Many of us have been fighting this historical battle since when we were in secondary school.

A lot of people don't know why I get angry anytime IPOB is mentioned. The group came from no where to enthrone a culture of mass illiteracy and daftness that nearly killed all the little efforts Igbo nationalist like us were fighting underground. Against a well-funded and state sponsored strategic Ijaw maniacs led by the IYC/INC.

Re: The True Identity Of Bonny/Opobo People Facts Versus Fiction by SlayerForever: 9:53pm On Nov 29, 2021
horsepower102:
There are some individuals that are running mad because of the facts laid out on this thread and they have predictably resulted to insults in order to derail this thread.

Everyone should ignore them and continue laying out the facts. The truth cannot be hidden any longer.

On that note let me drop this supporting text from the American Historical Association. It's an American report of the Aba women's riot of 1929 as witnessed in Owerri division, with a very specific narration of events in Opobo.

The details may be intriguing for some here. Personally I find it so so befuddling that just 2 generations ago (our gandparents) Opobo was strikingly Igbo in identity, outlook and appearance. Just observe the striking coordination of women receiving news from deep inside Owerri and taking expedite action in Opobo immediately.

Read https://www.historians.org/teaching-and-learning/teaching-resources-for-historians/teaching-and-learning-in-the-digital-age/through-the-lens-of-history-biafra-nigeria-the-west-and-the-world/the-colonial-and-pre-colonial-eras-in-nigeria/the-womens-market-rebellion-of-1929

Re: The True Identity Of Bonny/Opobo People Facts Versus Fiction by BKayy: 9:56pm On Nov 29, 2021
Igboid:

This is why I hated talks of BIAFRA with minorities as proposed by IPOB.
I was totally against it, which pitched me against my IPOB brothers here.

These minorities aided by Hausa-Fulani and Yoruba, scrambled for and grabbed our coastal lands, in places they couldn't grab, they introduced and continue to introduce strong Igbophobia among the populace to atleast make sure the Indigenous become anti Igbo, they started late in Ndoki, at a time Igbo nationalism had awakened and we fought them to a standstill.
And going by their lack of remorse up till today, you can see that they hope to keep these lands forever and have no plans of returning them back without violence or use of force on our own part.

It's only common sense that we have a score to settle with these lots once we manage to keep Hausa-Fulani and Yorubas who backed and Continue to back them away, and they know it too, which is why despite the rape they suffer under Hausa-Fulani and Yoruba ruled NIGERIA, they will never lash out to them or even attempt secession.

Our work is cut out. Anyone or group talking about a country between us and Ijaws, only exposes their lack of understanding of issues at play here, and cannot get my support.
The truth can't be more truthful than this.
We really have an outstanding score to settle with those Minorities, especially the trio (Igala, Ijaw and Bini)

Re: The True Identity Of Bonny/Opobo People Facts Versus Fiction by GodIsBiafran: 10:29pm On Nov 29, 2021
RobbStark:
[s]The obsession, the greed in their heart to Kay claim to a placebin which the people want nothing to do with them.
You claim you own Bonny n Opobo, yet they don't sell lands to you people.

After going thro all the trash you forked out, you people fail to know that there wasn't anytown like Opobo until after the bonny war where Jaja has to leave with 14houses from bonny to form what is today Opobo town.

The simple question binhave asked you miscreants foaming in the mouth is this, how come, Jaja never named his children Ibo names.
Do your research.[/s]

Oga keep kwayet. This level of intellectual discourse is above you. Go and drink your ogogoro peacefully.

Re: The True Identity Of Bonny/Opobo People Facts Versus Fiction by GodIsBiafran: 10:30pm On Nov 29, 2021
peleson1:
[s]More like a foreigner who has never visited Igbo land tell u ur history as a visitor..
Opobo and Bonny are ibani-ijaws and not Igbo or Biafra..

No foreigner can tell us our story better.
We are ibani ijaws of Niger delta[/s]

This Yoruba man, when are you going to mind your business?

Re: The True Identity Of Bonny/Opobo People Facts Versus Fiction by Bonesking(m): 10:31pm On Nov 29, 2021
Eastlink:
Chinenye is an Ijaw. I first pointed it out in 2019 but a lot of folks didn't get the memo. He/she owns the Imemba moniker and a few anti-Igbo Ikwerre moniker you see on Nairaland and Facebook.

I want to believe the INC/IYC began the onslaught online against Ndigbo since the coming of the internet in Nigeria. Probably between 1998 and become more pronounced in early 2000. The Wikipedia Ijaw sponsored history on Bonny/Opobo history began this time. The speak Ibani initiative and annihilation campaign on Igbo language in Bonny began this time.

In the past, the Igbo language Wikipedia page had Bonny/Opobo as an Igbo dialect, but guess who edited it. Ijaws? Ijaws practically removed that section. Also, in the past Bonny/Opobo Wikipedia history made no mention of Igbo, everything was Ijaw. But guess who fought to have sections like this “many people speak Igbo language”, folks like us. Many of us have been fighting this historical battle since when we were in secondary school.

A lot of people don't know why I get angry anytime IPOB is mentioned. The group came from no where to enthrone a culture of mass illiteracy and daftness that nearly killed all the little efforts Igbo nationalist like us were fighting underground. Against a well-funded and state sponsored strategic Ijaw maniacs led by the IYC/INC.
I agree with you. Just like me, have been on this battle since 2004. Too bad a lot of folks slept while the damage was going on. And IPOB entrance into the scene made matters worst.

Re: The True Identity Of Bonny/Opobo People Facts Versus Fiction by izac82: 10:32pm On Nov 29, 2021
christistruth01:

[s]With all Humility

Stop taking Mkpuru Miri[/s]
You said nothing bro.

Re: The True Identity Of Bonny/Opobo People Facts Versus Fiction by GodIsBiafran: 10:33pm On Nov 29, 2021
gold360:
[s]As an ijaw man from bonny, what I will say to the writer of this fabricated write up is simple. If you say bonny and opobo belongs to the igbos no problem. DM me let's meet up at Creek road water side jetty in port Harcourt. I will personally pay your boat transport fare to bonny and opobo,(that is if you can cross the sea , since all igbos are scared of rivers yet you are claiming ijaw island communities in the midst of oceans ?) so you can go there and tell these ijaw people the nonsense you've posted here. If you come out alive from the beating you will receive from their hands for insulting their ijaw origin. I will leave nairaland !
#RUBBISH[/s]

Another Yoruba man claiming Ijaw. Please, you are not fooling anybody here. Honest Ijaws know that Bonny/Opobo is Igbo. Stop embarrassing yourself here.

Re: The True Identity Of Bonny/Opobo People Facts Versus Fiction by RobbStark(m): 10:34pm On Nov 29, 2021
GodIsBiafran:

Oga keep kwayet. This level of intellectual discourse is above you. Go and drink your ogogoro peacefully.

I am already on it reading the rubbish you and your fellow miscreants are writing.
Continue.
Online tigers, real life pvssy cat.
Come and carry Opobo on your head.

Just finished one bottle of Kai Kai with fresh fish pepper soup.
Come n join me
Re: The True Identity Of Bonny/Opobo People Facts Versus Fiction by afonjaheadhunts: 10:35pm On Nov 29, 2021
Alexbell, Alexbells come and learn this is what I have been trying to teach you, thank goodness this thread is here.

Re: The True Identity Of Bonny/Opobo People Facts Versus Fiction by GodIsBiafran: 10:40pm On Nov 29, 2021
RobbStark:
[s]I am already on it reading the rubbish you and your fellow miscreants are writing. Continue. Online tigers, real life pvssy cat.Come and carry Opobo on your head.[/s]

Just finished one bottle of Kai Kai with fresh fish pepper soup.
Come n join me

Very good. This is what you are good for. We are exposing Ijaw lies with intellectualism and sound evidence. This is above you. Drink kai kai and eat your fish soup. Leave high level intellectual ideas to the great Igbo race.

Re: The True Identity Of Bonny/Opobo People Facts Versus Fiction by izac82: 10:41pm On Nov 29, 2021
christistruth01:

You are not

Ordinary home training you don't have so. How can you handle intellectual

That it dirt low IQ

Rubbish
Ofe nmanu, you will not mind your business. Very busy body on what is none of their business. Umu ekwensu angry

Re: The True Identity Of Bonny/Opobo People Facts Versus Fiction by RobbStark(m): 10:43pm On Nov 29, 2021
First the detained con artist said ibos own rivers state, they clapped but cudnt do ish.
They went back and after the con man was arrested again, his miscreants crawled out sensing that their claim of owning rivers state failed, they decided to plung an all it attack on Bonny n Opobo claiming that they own them.
Hahahaha grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

My point, don't just make noise online, start the claim physically.
I know say na cruise sha, no where this noise reach.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (90) (Reply)

INEC's Official Statement On Postponement Of 2019 Elections (Transcript) / Peter Obi Spotted Walking Freely In The Street Of Onitsha, Anambra State / Names Of 26 Travellers Killed In Jos North, 34 Others Still Missing

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77