Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,326 members, 7,815,638 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:45 PM

The True Identity Of Bonny/Opobo People Facts Versus Fiction - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The True Identity Of Bonny/Opobo People Facts Versus Fiction (53565 Views)

The True Identity Of Bonny/opobo People: Facts Vs Fiction (VIDEO) / Meet The Opobo People Of Rivers State!!! / Ndoki, Bonny, Opobo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (90) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The True Identity Of Bonny/Opobo People Facts Versus Fiction by GodIsBiafran: 10:43pm On Nov 29, 2021
JANK23H:
[s]History fraught with fallacies.No point engaging dunderheads.I'm glad a lot of my Ijaw brothers have ignored deliberately.Like one of them said,Ijaw man no dey talk plenty.Enjoy your folly online.I only pray that these bravado online will motivate some of you to act and invade Bonny and Opobo.No time for plenty talk.
Until you grow some balls and act,na siddon look we dey.[/s]

Yoruba man let Ijaws fight their own battles. Stop interfering between Igbos and Ijaws. We are neighbors and even the Ijaws know that we are their landlords.

7 Likes

Re: The True Identity Of Bonny/Opobo People Facts Versus Fiction by RobbStark(m): 10:44pm On Nov 29, 2021
First the detained con artist said ibos own rivers state, they clapped but cudnt do ish.
They went back and after the con man was arrested again, his miscreants crawled out sensing that their claim of owning rivers state failed, they decided to plung an all out attack on Bonny n Opobo claiming that they own them. No be madness be that
Hahahaha grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

My point, don't just make noise online, start the claim physically.
I know say na cruise sha, no where this noise reach.
Re: The True Identity Of Bonny/Opobo People Facts Versus Fiction by GodIsBiafran: 10:46pm On Nov 29, 2021
GreatBoss:

[s]Your foolishness end on Nairaland.
E no reach Bonny.
Oya come Bonny come talk this one if u know say una reach.
Just come to Bonny and say we are Ibo.
And you will see what will happen to u.
You will leave there on a stretcher.[/s]

Chai! Wonders shall never end. See this Ogbomosho man telling someone to come to Bonny. Do you even know the road to Bonny? Please, leave this thread and let the people concerned (Igbos and Ijaws) discuss in peace.

3 Likes

Re: The True Identity Of Bonny/Opobo People Facts Versus Fiction by Biafrarep(m): 10:46pm On Nov 29, 2021
Malawian:
Only one problem,Brass people were not Ijaw. Jo-men (Ijaw) appeared later from nowhere and lived almost exclusively on their boats. Using piracy and murder to fend for themselves. They can't possibly be the same Brass that made salt and Brass metal works on land. Ijaw is not indigenous to the Niger-Delta nor Nigeria as a whole. They were imported by the British to help them secure their Niger-Delta loot from Igbos.

Everything is actually pointing to the fact they actually migrated from Sierra Leone in the early 19th century, as servants of the British colonial masters. That's also why there is no record of ijaw anywhere before that period!

10 Likes

Re: The True Identity Of Bonny/Opobo People Facts Versus Fiction by RobbStark(m): 10:47pm On Nov 29, 2021
GodIsBiafran:

Very good. This is what you are good for. We are exposing Ijaw lies with intellectualism and sound evidence. This is above you. Drink kai kai and eat your fish soup. Leave high level intellectual ideas to the great Igbo race.

Stay pained man, I will show you your forefathers in chains right here in bonny whenever you want to see it.
No be too much talk.
Continue fooling yourselves thinking you are winning wen the real winners are already in the lands and you lots are paying rents.
Continue

3 Likes

Re: The True Identity Of Bonny/Opobo People Facts Versus Fiction by GodIsBiafran: 10:48pm On Nov 29, 2021
christistruth01:

[s]Heard IPOB are now Claiming Ijebu Igbo , Ilaje Ugbo, Idumota and Alaba (Ala Aba) Markets in Lagos as part of their new Igbo Idu Empire

Can someone please kindly Confirm that it is fake News.

Thank you in advance[/s]

Yoruba man take your ewedu energy away from here. This thread is for serious intellectuals.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The True Identity Of Bonny/Opobo People Facts Versus Fiction by AlexBells(m): 10:50pm On Nov 29, 2021
afonjaheadhunts:
Alexbell, Alexbells come and learn this is what I have been trying to teach you, thank goodness this thread is here.
The issue I have with your methods is that, it doesn't take accounts of the fact that this is at best a mixed town and while I believe Bonny should get a referendum, Opobo is an undiluted Igbo town,

I had made it obvious on several occasions that while this place may be a faceless forum for many, I'm real here, also I'm a politician and given the nature of Nigeria irrespective of how high I hold my own people, I MUST look into concern of others even if at daggers point.

These two towns have a bit of history with many people not just Ijaw and Igbos but while Bonny was a melting pot of Eastern culture, Opobo is undeniably Igbo, I honestly don't respect historians account in Opobo, the worst that can happen is a Military option becuase Opobo was the most recent of Ijaw introduction.

As for Bonny, I believe they would get a Refendum, the issue I had with you was becuase I hinted on potentially forming a country with the Ijaws, well that's still very valid in my book becuase if they prove too stubborn they would be annexed,

I also made mention of Ijaws serving as Middle men in trade and slavery, I still hold that notion, depending on if we see someone like King Jaja as Ijaw or as Igbo including Pepple and all the others that came before, then on the other side, Ijaw might be a really insignificant group that assimilated others using the acculturation, they may not even be a true tribe afterall

2 Likes

Re: The True Identity Of Bonny/Opobo People Facts Versus Fiction by GodIsBiafran: 10:51pm On Nov 29, 2021
RobbStark:
[s]Stay pained man, I will show you your forefathers in chains right here in bonny whenever you want to see it.No be too much talk.
Continue fooling yourselves thinking you are winning wen the real winners are already in the lands and you lots are paying rents.Continue[/s]

Typical ogogoro addict. Bragging with nothing to show for it. I know you are not even Ijaw. I know you are Yoruba. Honest Ijaws accept Igbo ownership of Bonny/Opobo.

6 Likes

Re: The True Identity Of Bonny/Opobo People Facts Versus Fiction by JANK23H(m): 10:51pm On Nov 29, 2021
GodIsBiafran:

Yoruba man let Ijaws fight their own battles. Stop interfering between Igbos and Ijaws. We are neighbors and even the Ijaws know that we are their landlords.
Have you taken you dose of meth again Uche?

2 Likes

Re: The True Identity Of Bonny/Opobo People Facts Versus Fiction by GodIsBiafran: 10:52pm On Nov 29, 2021
JANK23H:

[s]Have you taken you dose of meth again Uche?[/s]

Guy, this is a serious thread. Go and eat amala and ewedu and go to sleep.

2 Likes

Re: The True Identity Of Bonny/Opobo People Facts Versus Fiction by GodIsBiafran: 10:56pm On Nov 29, 2021
christistruth01:
Mkpuru Miri dragging Ijaw Land with Ijaws
They will Panel beat Sense back into you

There is no tribe in the entire Africa that can stand toe to toe with the Igbo race. And you think ogogoro drinkers will stand a chance? You make me laugh. Yoruba man go and sleep. grin grin grin grin

4 Likes

Re: The True Identity Of Bonny/Opobo People Facts Versus Fiction by GodIsBiafran: 10:58pm On Nov 29, 2021
christistruth01:
We have Lived Side by Side wth Ijaws in Yorubaland for more than 200 years if not for Politics of Oil Oppression Ijaws are very Peaceful People and very good neighborsIt was Ijaws who taught the Ilajes to become the expert fishermen they are todayIf you do not put your hands down Ijaws throat to drag out trouble like you are doing now by dragging Ijaws Opobo and Bonny with them because you want to steal their Oil rich Lands and Sea CoastIjaws would have been among the most Peaceful People in West Africa

You are a coward! Tufiakwa. I spit on you.

3 Likes

Re: The True Identity Of Bonny/Opobo People Facts Versus Fiction by RobbStark(m): 10:59pm On Nov 29, 2021
GodIsBiafran:

Typical ogogoro addict. Bragging with nothing to show for it. I know you are not even Ijaw. I know you are Yoruba. Honest Ijaws accept Igbo ownership of Bonny/Opobo.

Lol!
Honest Ijaws indeed.
I am yet to see an Ibo man who claim to come from bonny or Opobo. Not one.
If you have seen one, point him to my direction.

Yeye dey smell.

1 Like

Re: The True Identity Of Bonny/Opobo People Facts Versus Fiction by RobbStark(m): 11:02pm On Nov 29, 2021
GodIsBiafran:

There is no tribe in the entire Africa that can stand toe to toe with the Igbo race. And you think ogogoro drinkers will stand a chance? You make me laugh. Yoruba man go and sleep. grin grin grin grin

Lol at no tribe, yet you guys are minority in the scheme of things.

Go and take your meth one dose and lay your head, 2moro, open another thread about the Ijaws, that what you guys are good at.
I will be here reading it while I sip my ogogoro with dry fish.

1 Like

Re: The True Identity Of Bonny/Opobo People Facts Versus Fiction by JANK23H(m): 11:02pm On Nov 29, 2021
RobbStark:
First the detained con artist said ibos own rivers state, they clapped but cudnt do ish.
They went back and after the con man was arrested again, his miscreants crawled out sensing that their claim of owning rivers state failed, they decided to plung an all out attack on Bonny n Opobo claiming that they own them. No be madness be that
Hahahaha grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

My point, don't just make noise online, start the claim physically.
I know say na cruise sha, no where this noise reach.
Na wetin dey pain me pass.All this online talk dey tire me.

Let it transcend from virtual battle to real one.Reading their comments you wonder where these Parliament of baboons emanate from.One keeps talking about annexing and referendum like say he be UN;the audacity!Always the same set quoting themselves and wanking away.

1 Like

Re: The True Identity Of Bonny/Opobo People Facts Versus Fiction by GodIsBiafran: 11:03pm On Nov 29, 2021
RobbStark:
[s]Lol!
Honest Ijaws indeed.
I am yet to see an Ibo man who claim to come from bonny or Opobo. Not one.
If you have seen one, point him to my direction.
Yeye dey smell.[/s]

Now, I know you did not even peruse the evidence presented. Please, it's not by force to comment. Yoruba man, go and eat ewedu and sleep. Your brain is paining you.
Re: The True Identity Of Bonny/Opobo People Facts Versus Fiction by GodIsBiafran: 11:04pm On Nov 29, 2021
RobbStark:

Lol at no tribe, yet you guys are minority in the scheme of things.

Go and take your meth one dose and lay your head, 2moro, open another thread about the Ijaws, that what you guys are good at.
I will be here reading it while I sip my ogogoro with dry fish.

Oya, name the tribe. Which one? Name the tribe. You think Igbo na your mate? Gerrout!

1 Like

Re: The True Identity Of Bonny/Opobo People Facts Versus Fiction by Biafrarep(m): 11:05pm On Nov 29, 2021
christistruth01:

[s]

We have Lived Side by Side wth Ijaws in Yorubaland for more than 200 years if not for Politics of Oil Oppression Ijaws are very Peaceful People and very good neighbors

It was Ijaws who taught the Ilajes to become the expert fishermen they are today

If you do not put your hands down Ijaws throat to drag out trouble like you are doing now by dragging Ijaws Opobo and Bonny with them because you want to steal their Oil rich Lands and Sea Coast

Ijaws would have been among the most Peaceful People in West Africa[/s]

Shameless two-faced dishonest people. This discussion has nothing to do with yoruba so why are we constituting nuisance here?

Imagine this empty coconut head, same Ijaws that are notorious for their landgrabbing, militancy and pirate activities are now peaceful people? Same Ijaws that fighting almost all the ethnic groups in the Niger Delta over other people's lands are now good neighbors according to this yoruba boy?

Continue showing the world how dishonest you people are.

Shame!!

3 Likes

Re: The True Identity Of Bonny/Opobo People Facts Versus Fiction by RobbStark(m): 11:09pm On Nov 29, 2021
JANK23H:

Na wetin dey pain me pass.All this online talk dey tire me.

Let it transcend from virtual battle to real one.Reading their comments you wonder where these Parliament of baboons emanate from.One keeps talking about annexing and referendum like say he UN;the audacity!Always the same set quoting themselves and wanking away.

It can't transcend beyond this faceless forum.
I have ask the swine to show me an Ibo man who will state categorically that he is from bonny or Opobo.
They can't, rather they keep spewing the same recycled trash that those places are Ibos.
Na laff I dey laff with my dry fish for one hand and my small cup filled with ogogoro on the other hand while I read the trash they write.

Rubbish.
This is a task I am giving them from 2moro morning since they are jobless, they shud look for individuals who are Ibos and at the same times from Bonny or Opobo.
Re: The True Identity Of Bonny/Opobo People Facts Versus Fiction by RobbStark(m): 11:11pm On Nov 29, 2021
GodIsBiafran:

Oya, name the tribe. Which one? Name the tribe. You think Igbo na your mate? Gerrout!

Minority, stay fvcking
Re: The True Identity Of Bonny/Opobo People Facts Versus Fiction by Ekealterego: 11:13pm On Nov 29, 2021
RobbStark:

Stay pained man, I will show you your forefathers in chains right here in bonny whenever you want to see it.
No be too much talk.
Continue fooling yourselves thinking you are winning wen the real winners are already in the lands and you lots are paying rents.
Continue

Here are different accounts.

I don't think history supports your assertions.. History recorded that you guys were wild, rude and uncivilised.

These are from two different accounts.

You were pirates with no land. who dwell on canoes.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: The True Identity Of Bonny/Opobo People Facts Versus Fiction by GodIsBiafran: 11:15pm On Nov 29, 2021
RobbStark:

Minority, stay fvcking

E pain am grin grin grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The True Identity Of Bonny/Opobo People Facts Versus Fiction by Malawian(m): 11:17pm On Nov 29, 2021
Donjossy1010:

The only ijaw man I know is pere Akpoti.
GEJ, isn't really ijaw but Otuke man.
I can bet you that a lot's of Nigerian have never met an ijaw person before in their whole life.
One Ijaw babe I will Bleep next Sunday. Met her a few weeks ago. I will igbonize that one myself.
Turns out that the girl is actually from Togo and not even a Nigerian. Her surname sounded Ijaw to me which made me think she was Ijaw. I think therefore that we should beam a searchlight on Togo to find out if it was from there Ijaw came from.

6 Likes

Re: The True Identity Of Bonny/Opobo People Facts Versus Fiction by christistruth01: 11:17pm On Nov 29, 2021
GodIsBiafran:

You are a coward! Tufiakwa. I spit on you.

Someone already on the floor cannot spit on anybody but himself

Enjoy yourself

3 Likes

Re: The True Identity Of Bonny/Opobo People Facts Versus Fiction by afonjaheadhunts: 11:17pm On Nov 29, 2021
AlexBells:

The issue I have with your methods is that, it doesn't take accounts of the fact that this is at best a mixed town and while I believe Bonny should get a referendum, Opobo is an undiluted Igbo town,

I had made it obvious on several occasions that while this place may be a faceless forum for many, I'm real here, also I'm a politician and given the nature of Nigeria irrespective of how high I hold my own people, I MUST look into concern of others even if at daggers point.

These two towns have a bit of history with many people not just Ijaw and Igbos but while Bonny was a melting pot of Eastern culture, Opobo is undeniably Igbo, I honestly don't respect historians account in Opobo, the worst that can happen is a Military option becuase Opobo was the most recent of Ijaw introduction.

As for Bonny, I believe they would get a Refendum, the issue I had with you was becuase I hinted on potentially forming a country with the Ijaws, well that's still very valid in my book becuase if they prove too stubborn they would be annexed,

I also made mention of Ijaws serving as Middle men in trade and slavery, I still hold that notion, depending on if we see someone like King Jaja as Ijaw or as Igbo including Pepple and all the others that came before, then on the other side, Ijaw might be a really insignificant group that assimilated others using the acculturation, they may not even be a true tribe afterall

You should learn the history of your people to know that iJaws never sold them as slaves neither was King pepple and other rulers of Bonny or Opobo iJaws, also Ijaws were irrelevant in Bonny or Opobo pre-civil war as for the rest of your write up that's non of my business.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: The True Identity Of Bonny/Opobo People Facts Versus Fiction by RobbStark(m): 11:18pm On Nov 29, 2021
GodIsBiafran:

Now, I know you did not even peruse the evidence presented. Please, it's not by force to comment. Yoruba man, go and eat ewedu and sleep. Your brain is paining you.

Me waste my time read rubbish. Never.
I am an Ijaw man from Opobo town Cookeys compound.
My name is Idawarifa.
Any one who knows Opobo very well shud know Lady Bs spot at the waterfront.
That is where I normally sit facing Ikot Abasi (Utaiwa) sipping my ogogoro with fish while the cool breeze from the sea refreshes my skin.

Boy, I have given you and the rest of your fellow miscreants assignment, I want you all to bring forth a typical Ibo man from bonny or Opobo.
I don't want that ringtone you guys keep playing here that those places are owned by ibos. No no no no.

2 Likes

Re: The True Identity Of Bonny/Opobo People Facts Versus Fiction by GodIsBiafran: 11:19pm On Nov 29, 2021
christistruth01:
Someone already on the floor cannot spit on anybody but himself Enjoy yourself

Grow some balls. Ijaws are already claiming Yoruba land in Ondo state. Speak the truth and shame the devil.

1 Like

Re: The True Identity Of Bonny/Opobo People Facts Versus Fiction by 9Pluto(m): 11:20pm On Nov 29, 2021
Ekealterego:

I don't think history supports your assertions.. History recorded that you guys were wild, rude and uncivilised.

Is this for real!
No central king(in the spirit of tracing the first Amanyanabo)!!
Living off their canoe!!! So no be today piracy start. This account is also trying to show that Brass may not be ijaw after all. It is all making sense now. Later one illiterate would come and claim Europeans are ignorant.

Please, for context sake, when was this published? How do I access this literature?

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: The True Identity Of Bonny/Opobo People Facts Versus Fiction by GodIsBiafran: 11:21pm On Nov 29, 2021
RobbStark:

[s]Me waste my time read rubbish. Never.
I am an Ijaw man from Opobo town Cookeys compound.
My name is Idawarifa.
Any one who knows Opobo very well shud know Lady Bs spot at the waterfront.
That is where I normally sit facing Ikot Abasi (Utaiwa) sipping my ogogoro with fish while the cool breeze from the sea refreshes my skin.

Boy, I have given you and the rest of your fellow miscreants assignment, I want you all to bring forth a typical Ibo man from bonny or Opobo.
I don't want that ringtone you guys keep playing here that those places are owned by ibos. No no no no.[/s]

Mister man stop mistaking Ogbomosho for Opobo. We know you are Yoruba. Yorubas like going against anything Igbo. This we know.

6 Likes

Re: The True Identity Of Bonny/Opobo People Facts Versus Fiction by RobbStark(m): 11:23pm On Nov 29, 2021
GodIsBiafran:

Mister man stop mistaking Ogbomosho for Opobo. We know you are Yoruba. Yorubas like going against anything Igbo. This we know.

Slayerforever, this must be your other handle.
Stop hiding and do the homework I gave you.
I want the answers 2moro.

2 Likes

Re: The True Identity Of Bonny/Opobo People Facts Versus Fiction by JANK23H(m): 11:23pm On Nov 29, 2021
Ekealterego:

First you say no historical mention of Ijaws,then you say we are from Sierra Leone and now we were pirates.That text you uploaded contradicts the first on this thread,that the Ijaws were in Bonny and Brass.

The Ijaws have always fought against oppression from the outset and the reason we were slaves to no one.We fought for our place in the oil palm and slave trade when the British became greedy,the more reason we were called unprintable names.

The internet is replete with Ijaw history and place in the slave and oil palm trade,avail yourself with one.

Should I show you also, European description of Igbos as dishonest and rebellious people too?

Una dey worship Oyibo like god.Inferiority complex.

3 Likes

Re: The True Identity Of Bonny/Opobo People Facts Versus Fiction by GodIsBiafran: 11:24pm On Nov 29, 2021
RobbStark:

[s]Slayer_forever, this must be your other handle.
Stop hiding and do the homework I gave you.
I want the answers 2moro.[/s]

This ogogoro is affecting your brain. You are now seeing ghosts. Go and sleep Yoruba man.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (90) (Reply)

Akpabio Wins Senate President Election / Guns Of President Buhari's Guards Of Honor Checked Anytime He Arrives (Photos) / Nima Elbagir Enters Sambisa Forest With The Aid Of Security Personnel. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.