Stats: 3,152,357 members, 7,815,757 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:49 PM

The True Identity Of Bonny/Opobo People Facts Versus Fiction - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The True Identity Of Bonny/Opobo People Facts Versus Fiction (53575 Views)

The True Identity Of Bonny/opobo People: Facts Vs Fiction (VIDEO) / Meet The Opobo People Of Rivers State!!! / Ndoki, Bonny, Opobo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (90) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The True Identity Of Bonny/Opobo People Facts Versus Fiction by Nobody: 9:57am On Nov 29, 2021
Igboid:

I lived in Abayi Aba for 4yrs.
Of course, I understand Ngwa very well.
Ngwa is not a difficult dialect for an Anambra man to understand.
When I came to this forum newly, I made it obvious to Obiagu1, Onlytruth,Andrew Uweh, Dede1, and some other Igbo guys around here then that the character ChinenyeN Igbo claim is in doubt.

My hypothesis is that she is a non Igbo woman married into Ngwa.
Yes, she is a woman, atleast she doesn't deny that one.

The Ngwa dialect of Igbo isn't that hard to understand. But it gets easier the farther south you go towards the coast.

The mbaise,Ngwa and opobo Igbo dialect is very related.The first time I heard an opobian speak, I thought he was a tribemen .

Re: The True Identity Of Bonny/Opobo People Facts Versus Fiction by paramakina202: 10:09am On Nov 29, 2021
BKayy:

bomb24, this person I just quoted is still the same person you are talking about.

Paramakina202 is one of their handles.

Na so madness dey take start o grin grin.
Re: The True Identity Of Bonny/Opobo People Facts Versus Fiction by Igboid: 10:17am On Nov 29, 2021
They started late in Ndoki, at a time Igbo nationalism had awakened and we fought them to a standstill. These lots recruited some hungry Ndoki youths and even sponsored one who use to run a page they called "Ndoki Mma mma nu" to slowly poison the minds of Ndoki people especially those in Oyigbo LGA against Ndiigbo, our saving grace was that Ukwa East was still in Abia, so we rallied our people there to push back few Ndoki people especially those from Obiigbo that they had corrupted.

We had to work specially hard to bring evidence that the Ndoki nmmanu guy was working for Ijaw people in the main Ndoki page to get him evicted from the page and restore order there.

The Ijaws must be regretting the mistake of letting Ukwa East stay in Abia, because if they had asked their Hausa-Fulani partners that wish in 1970, it would have been granted and they would have succeeded in atleast Making Ndoki distance themselves from the Igbo( by claiming to be independent ethnicity) enough for us to have no claim on Bonny and Opobo.
Because the missing piece in Bonny and Opobo history is Ndoki, and they are our loophole (trump card) back to reclaiming Opobo and Bonny, and Ijaws recognized that very late and at a time when Ndiigbo had already recovered.

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The True Identity Of Bonny/Opobo People Facts Versus Fiction by gold360(m): 10:25am On Nov 29, 2021
As an ijaw man from bonny, what I will say to the writer of this fabricated write up is simple. If you say bonny and opobo belongs to the igbos no problem. DM me let's meet up at Creek road water side jetty in port Harcourt. I will personally pay your boat transport fare to bonny and opobo,(that is if you can cross the sea , since all igbos are scared of rivers yet you are claiming ijaw island communities in the midst of oceans ?) so you can go there and tell these ijaw people the nonsense you've posted here. If you come out alive from the beating you will receive from their hands for insulting their ijaw origin. I will leave nairaland !
#RUBBISH

Re: The True Identity Of Bonny/Opobo People Facts Versus Fiction by Igboid: 10:25am On Nov 29, 2021
BKayy:

bomb24, this person I just quoted is still the same person you are talking about.

Paramakina202 is one of their handles.

His shenanigans is too childish and too easy to decipher.
Of course you are right.

Re: The True Identity Of Bonny/Opobo People Facts Versus Fiction by Igboid: 10:30am On Nov 29, 2021
gold360:
As an ijaw man from bonny, what I will say to the writer of this fabricated write up is simple. If you say bonny and opobo belongs to the igbos no problem. DM me let's meet up at Creek road water side jetty in port Harcourt. I will personally pay your boat transport fare to bonny and opobo,so you can go there and tell these ijaw people the nonsense you've posted here. If you come out alive from the beating you will receive from their hands for insulting their ijaw origin. I will leave nairaland !
#RUBBISH

The Bonny people maintain their Igbo mother tongue while Ijaw migrants like you keep pressing them to drop it to no avail.
Do you think they don't know what they are doing?
They join you and scream Asawana, Egberi Faaa, etc. But yet clutch tightly unto their Igbo language?

E go shock you. Wait until this Igbo nationalism movement we are building gathers full steam.

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The True Identity Of Bonny/Opobo People Facts Versus Fiction by paramakina202: 10:31am On Nov 29, 2021
Igboid:

Of course you are right.

As if opinion of IPOBians mean anything to me.
Deluded fellows grin

Re: The True Identity Of Bonny/Opobo People Facts Versus Fiction by Ekealterego: 10:40am On Nov 29, 2021
gold360:
As an ijaw man from bonny, what I will say to the writer of this fabricated write up is simple. If you say bonny and opobo belongs to the igbos no problem. DM me let's meet up at Creek road water side jetty in port Harcourt. I will personally pay your boat transport fare to bonny and opobo,so you can go there and tell these ijaw people the nonsense you've posted here. If you come out alive from the beating you will receive from their hands for insulting their ijaw origin. I will leave nairaland !
#RUBBISH
What is "fabricated"? Written history from 1699? History from ethnographical works and memoirs 1699 and 1820-40s then 1860s then 1888 and another set of accounts 1906?

Please, I know Nigerian education is terrible but please please please, don't disgrace yourself willfully in the open.

We didn't write that history, those accounts were written way before our great grand fathers were born from neutral accounts.

I will try to invite one or two people from the Bonny family here soon.

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The True Identity Of Bonny/Opobo People Facts Versus Fiction by gold360(m): 10:44am On Nov 29, 2021
Ekealterego:

What is "fabricated"? Written history from 1699? History from ethnographical works and memoirs 1699 and 1820-40s then 1860s then 1888 and another set of accounts 1906?

Please, I know Nigerian education is terrible but please please please, don't disgrace yourself willfully in the open.

We didn't write that history, those accounts were written way before our great grand fathers were born from neutral accounts.

I will try to invite one or two people from the Epelle family here soon.
an ijaw man doesn't talk much. Meet me let's go to bonny with this trash you call history. So you can come back and tell your igbo brothers the beating you receive. That is if you survive it

Re: The True Identity Of Bonny/Opobo People Facts Versus Fiction by Igboid: 11:00am On Nov 29, 2021
Ekealterego:

I will try to invite one or two people from the Bonny Igbo family here soon.

I don't think it's time to get the proud Igbo families in Bonny and Opobo involved yet.
Those lots have risked alot to retain their presence there.
We can't get them involved until we have gotten our house in order.

Because if the Ijaw calls on their Hausa Fulanis facilitators now, we will leave those lots exposed like happened to people of Oyigbo.

I have always maintained that the real challenge to achieving Igbo nation is to first and foremost take Political control of SE.
We have governors who have no interest in these things, who are not even aware of it, whose interest is all about looting as much as possible before their tenure expires. We have a toothless Ohanaeze Ndiigbo, who are only interested in sharing of Ghana must go bags during elections.
These are things we must rectify before we go and expose these people to unnecessary danger.
You saw how Umahi went to PH to laugh with With Wike after he massacred Obiigbo people and nothing happened.
I'd say you should not invite any Proudly Igbo Bonny/Opobo family here, NL is not as annonymous as some of us think.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: The True Identity Of Bonny/Opobo People Facts Versus Fiction by 9Pluto(m): 11:05am On Nov 29, 2021
Ekealterego:

I will try to invite one or two family from Bonny Igbo family here soon.

Considering the type of dementia I am seeing on this thread it is not advisable to invite anyone unless the person would be talking anonymously. Already, I have even been directed to watch some videos to backup this findings.

I am ready to do a live debate with anyone intrested, unfortunately i have not seen any reasonable counter argument aside from infantile tantrums.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The True Identity Of Bonny/Opobo People Facts Versus Fiction by Ekealterego: 11:10am On Nov 29, 2021
9Pluto:

Considering the type of dementia I am seeing on this thread it is not advisable to invite anyone unless the person would be talking anonymously. Already, I have even been directed to watch some videos to backup this findings.

I am ready to do a live debate with anyone intrested, unfortunately i have not seen any reasonable counter argument aside from infantile tantrums.
Your counsel is right on point. It was a wrong move exposing the family name. I will heed to your advice.
Please, edit my quote. I have edited my original post already.

Re: The True Identity Of Bonny/Opobo People Facts Versus Fiction by FuckkME(f): 11:11am On Nov 29, 2021
Hhm this thread is very insightful... I want to specially thank u guys for making this expose on Ijohs distortions.. u guys are really doing Igbos proud.. Gracies

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The True Identity Of Bonny/Opobo People Facts Versus Fiction by Ekealterego: 11:17am On Nov 29, 2021
Igboid:

I don't think it's time to get the proud Igbo families in Bonny and Opobo involved yet.
Those lots have risked alot to retain their presence there.
We can't get them involved until we have gotten our house in order.

Because if the Ijaw calls on their Hausa Fulanis facilitators now, we will leave those lots exposed like happened to people of Oyigbo.

I have always maintained that the real challenge to achieving Igbo nation is to first and foremost take Political control of SE.
We have governors who have no interest in these things, who are not even aware of it, whose interest is all about looting as much as possible before their tenure expires. We have a toothless Ohanaeze Ndiigbo, who are only interested in sharing of Ghana must go bags during elections.
These are things we must rectify before we go and expose these people to unnecessary danger.
You saw how Umahi went to PH to laugh with With Wike after he massacred Obiigbo people and nothing happened.
I'd say you should not invite any family here, NL is not as annonymous as some of us think.

We haven't gotten

Please, edit my original post that you quoted. Please, edit my quote.

There is actually no need inviting anyone. You are very correct.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The True Identity Of Bonny/Opobo People Facts Versus Fiction by gold360(m): 11:34am On Nov 29, 2021
FuckkME:
Hhm this thread is very insightful... I want to specially thank u guys for making this expose on Ijohs distortions.. u guys are really doing Igbos proud.. Gracies
it is gullible igbo people like you I pity for believing everything you see online. That was how one igbo guy woke up one morning in bonny sometime last year, after reading this type of igbo propaganda here and went and hoisted the Biafran flag saying that bonny was igbo land, he was lucky to come out alive with a broken arm and fractured neck from the planking he received. You people should keep spreading false narratives about the ibani-ijaw people of bonny and opobo like the op is doing here!
He said OPOBO means first son in igbo? You see that fabricated piece of history?
Opobo is the corrupted ijaw word OPUBO (which means big man in ijaw language) it was the name of one of the kings of bonny who jaja and the fourteen ibani chiefs who left bonny with him, named opobo so they will still identify with their original ibani-ijaw roots. The original name was actually Opubo-Ama but later corrupted to Opobo ,just like King Jaja's real name JUGBO JUGBOFEM was corrupted into JAJA by the European traders

Re: The True Identity Of Bonny/Opobo People Facts Versus Fiction by SlayerForever: 12:17pm On Nov 29, 2021
gold360:
As an ijaw man from bonny, what I will say to the writer of this fabricated write up is simple. If you say bonny and opobo belongs to the igbos no problem. DM me let's meet up at Creek road water side jetty in port Harcourt. I will personally pay your boat transport fare to bonny and opobo,(that is if you can cross the sea , since all igbos are scared of rivers yet you are claiming ijaw island communities in the midst of oceans ?) so you can go there and tell these ijaw people the nonsense you've posted here. If you come out alive from the beating you will receive from their hands for insulting their ijaw origin. I will leave nairaland !
#RUBBISH

Brother na lie. We are scheduled for Nwaotam with our Igbo brothers in Bonny/Opobo you will do nothing. Gerrarahere.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The True Identity Of Bonny/Opobo People Facts Versus Fiction by SlayerForever: 12:24pm On Nov 29, 2021
gold360:
it is gullible igbo people like you I pity for believing everything you see online. That was how one igbo guy woke up one morning in bonny sometime last year, after reading this type of igbo propaganda here and went and hoisted the Biafran flag saying that bonny was igbo land, he was lucky to come out alive with a broken arm and fractured neck from the planking he received. You people should keep spreading false narratives about the ibani-ijaw people of bonny and opobo like the op is doing here!
He said OPOBO means first son in igbo? You see that fabricated piece of history?
Opobo is the corrupted ijaw word OPUBO (which means big man in ijaw language) it was the name of one of the kings of bonny who jaja and the fourteen ibani chiefs who left bonny with him, named opobo so they will still identify with their original ibani-ijaw roots. The original name was actually Opubo-Ama but later corrupted to Opobo ,just like King Jaja's real name JUGBO JUGBOFEM was corrupted into JAJA by the European traders

You're talking absolute rubbish.

Re: The True Identity Of Bonny/Opobo People Facts Versus Fiction by Fejoku: 12:29pm On Nov 29, 2021
Igboid:

Of course you are right.
Did you notice the conspicuous absence of Alexbells on this thread? He it was who started a thread last week about aquaphobia which I clearly saw through. He is one of them.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The True Identity Of Bonny/Opobo People Facts Versus Fiction by DitariDisciple2: 12:30pm On Nov 29, 2021
gold360:

Very true.
It really happened.
I heard of it concerning Bonny.

Re: The True Identity Of Bonny/Opobo People Facts Versus Fiction by AlexBells(m): 12:34pm On Nov 29, 2021
Fejoku:

Did you notice the conspicuous absence of Alexbells on this thread? He it was who started a thread last week about aquaphobia which I clearly saw through. He is one of them.
I did not avoid the thread, I read it, since yesterday, I prefer to learn when I see quality defence, and I don't really speak when I'm emotional, I don't also speak when we are winning, the celebration of victory shouldn't be laud, when I saw that a wonderful work was being done here, I prefer to increase my knowledge rather than beat a people when they are down, this whole thing is not to hurt anyone but to reunite our people and free them from slavery, it is beyond regular arguments for me

Re: The True Identity Of Bonny/Opobo People Facts Versus Fiction by Fejoku: 12:35pm On Nov 29, 2021
AlexBells:

I did not avoid the thread, I read it, since yesterday, I prefer to learn when I see quality defence, and I don't really speak when I'm emotional, I don't also speak when we are winning, the celebration of victory shouldn't be laud, when I saw that a wonderful work was being done here, I prefer to increase my knowledge rather than beat a people when they are down, this whole thing is not to hurt anyone but to reunite our people and free them from slavery, it is beyond regular arguments for me
Ok.

Re: The True Identity Of Bonny/Opobo People Facts Versus Fiction by Igboid: 12:40pm On Nov 29, 2021
Ekealterego:

Please, edit my original post that you quoted. Please, edit my quote.

There is actually no need inviting anyone. You are very correct.

I already did that.

Re: The True Identity Of Bonny/Opobo People Facts Versus Fiction by Oksman(m): 12:48pm On Nov 29, 2021
Idafire:
Another day, another thread about the Ijaws.

I wonder how some of you ibos think that you could own a land as far away as bonny n Opobo.

And the OP have the nerve to say Opobo is an Ibo word for son.
Hahahaha. grin grin grin grin grin cheesy

Wonders shall never end.
No one can tell the history of a place more than the people.

What shall I say.....??
OP, and the rest of you miscreants, continue.
Bonny n Opobo are Ijaw lands.
Normal online noise
Hope to see another Ijaw thread tomorrow morning as I wake.

Do your own research and present to us to disprove his. If not you just making fun of your - self

Re: The True Identity Of Bonny/Opobo People Facts Versus Fiction by AfricanColumbus: 1:06pm On Nov 29, 2021
Graphical illustration.

Re: The True Identity Of Bonny/Opobo People Facts Versus Fiction by ThickSharon123(f): 1:11pm On Nov 29, 2021
gold360:
#RUBBISH

Why don't you go there yourself and make the evidence. People have gone there and brought video evidence, there was on Nairaland, and you can see how the Izon guy was so biased, when the chief was far away from hearing him, he'll say they are Ijaw by origin, when the chief is near, he'll proclaim, they have the culture of Igbos and speak Igbo. It was a comedy video but the Izon guy asserted it to be evidence on his side. Check it yourself.

In essence, if you refute the point, please head to Opobo yourself and bring the same chief, head to the market, go to several people and tell them they are Ijaw isn't it right and let's see their reaction. It's as simple as that. You can easily go there and get results why not do it?

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: The True Identity Of Bonny/Opobo People Facts Versus Fiction by DonXavi(m): 1:44pm On Nov 29, 2021
e
Re: The True Identity Of Bonny/Opobo People Facts Versus Fiction by michelz: 1:45pm On Nov 29, 2021
Putindbutt:

It doesn't matter that the language of the slaves was adopted as a lingua franca on a slave trading port?..
Ibos made up a large number of slaves supply.
Mr man, you must not comment on every topic. You're making a fool of yourself all over the thread.

Re: The True Identity Of Bonny/Opobo People Facts Versus Fiction by oyatz(m): 1:45pm On Nov 29, 2021
OfoIgbo:

You are the person to provide these bibliographies, after all you have access to these modern books by Alagoa and the rest.

We also look forward to any pre-colonial documents from the Portuguese, Spanish or any neutral European operators in Ubani, that you may be basing your assertions on.

In this forum, I was able to show translated snippets from Portuguese explorers, written about 550 years ago, to prove that the NRI kingdom was the cultural and religious overlord of Benin empire.

All you need to do, is to provide a few pre colonial documents to back your assertions

Where did you read that Nro Kingdom was the cultural and spiritual overlord of Bini Empire?
Re: The True Identity Of Bonny/Opobo People Facts Versus Fiction by oyatz(m): 2:00pm On Nov 29, 2021
eduj:

That's a fallacy, the Ohanaeze Ndigbo has no charter on the tribal composition of the Igbo race -unlike the ijaw organization that without consultations ,subscribed tribal groups into there charter.

The people of Asaba called there king the Asagba of Asaba. They don't use Eze. You see, Eze is a generic term and some other Igbo communities use other terms to denote there kings.

You are answering questions that I NEVER asked but didn't answer the question I asked;

1) Are Opobo and Bonny peoples parts of Igbo ethno-cultural organizations like Ohaneze Ndigbo and/or Ake Ikenga?

2) Do Igbo towns use the title Amanayabo for kings?

3) If you are asked in an exam or interview to name which Nigerian tribe use the title of Amanayabo for thier kings ,what will you say?

(a) Ijaw
(b) Igbo

4) Do Opobo and Bonny also called their kings Eze in addition to the titles of Amanayabo?

Do they say Igwe or Eze gborugburu in Opobo or Bonny?

Igbo and Igbonized royalties use eze in addition to peculiar titles like Obi or Asagba.

Re: The True Identity Of Bonny/Opobo People Facts Versus Fiction by izac82: 2:01pm On Nov 29, 2021
EmmaJnr1:
na small boy you be. U don't know anything. I see my response to you as a waste of time but I just have to do it. Igbos own rivers state most especially porthacourt. After the war, some minority tribes started taking over igbos lands and property in rivers state which made many igbos to claim they were not igbos just to still live in their ancestral land and have access to their properties. It was within this time that Ikwere was created by Obi nwanali just so they can get job and retain their properties as ikwerre people instead of being seen as igbos. Read about this from this link https://www.nairaland.com/6695300/meet-man-established-ikwerre-rivers

I know u are a fulani sponsored miscreant that moves around to post nonsense just to spit on the Igbos. Una plan na moi moi. Igbos knows where their land starts and end and no one will be left behind when we enter biafra. Even minority ijaw can join through a referendum. Urobo have more population than Ijaw but they are not making noise like this. 90% of Rivers state is Igbo land and are igbos

Referendum will decide. No one would be forced to join biafra. Ijaw, Itshekiri, Urobo can join Biafra which is opened to all. Take note that Biafra is not an Igbo thing. Cross river and akwaibom are biafrans too. You this fulani government paid detractors will soon get tired and run
Take this your nonsense Biafran sermon and getat out here. Men are discussing, you dey bring your IPOBIC rant wan come spoil show. angry

Re: The True Identity Of Bonny/Opobo People Facts Versus Fiction by SlayerForever: 2:26pm On Nov 29, 2021
izac82:
Take this your nonsense Biafran sermon and getat out here. Men are discussing, you dey bring your IPOBIC rant wan come spoil show. angry

Don't get it twisted nearly all here are strong Biafrans wink

Re: The True Identity Of Bonny/Opobo People Facts Versus Fiction by exposition: 2:33pm On Nov 29, 2021
Why are the Igbo's trying so hard to write history to favour them? From what I have seen it has always been Igbo's trying to tell a tribe that they are Igbo's by force!allow the people to choose! You cannot cry more than the bereaved!histories are always written with bias!
Indigenes know their histories not one white fellow that wrote history based on what his interpreter told him as at the time he wrote his book!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (90) (Reply)

Fayose Climbs Ladder To Inspect Flyover Construction (Photos) / APC Convention: Aspirants Trimmed To 2, Osinbajo And Tinubu - Senator Gaya / Ali Modu Sheriff Shares Money As Large Crowd Storms His Mansion. PICS

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 103