Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,755 members, 7,824,164 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:52 AM

Irish Join Family Visa Enquiries Part 0 - Travel (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Irish Join Family Visa Enquiries Part 0 (23223 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Irish Join Family Visa Enquiries Part 0 by Cyntopath: 2:33pm On Oct 05, 2022
@Ffejl , it depends on the time you call shaa, going by previous experience when I wanted to withdraw my appeal. I normally start calling from 10:01am before I try twice they will pick but if I start trying from 10mins past 10am forget it till the next day and also their call time is 10am to 12noon Monday - Thursday. As for emails, is automatic but atimes they respond after a day, from my previous experience as well.

2 Likes

Re: Irish Join Family Visa Enquiries Part 0 by FfeJ: 3:50pm On Oct 05, 2022
@Cyntopath I’ll try this.Thank you very much!!
Re: Irish Join Family Visa Enquiries Part 0 by omapere: 11:24am On Oct 11, 2022
FfeJ:
@Cyntopath I’ll try this.Thank you very much!!

Hi Ffej, were you able to reach them?
Re: Irish Join Family Visa Enquiries Part 0 by Olaiyatunnex: 1:17pm On Oct 11, 2022
About 50 decisions for this week, any join family visa? Please share outcome, processing time etc. Study visa is over for now, Nigerians do not really apply for business visa category for Ireland. Majorly, only join family, visit and employment visa left for this period, hoping more join family visa will be processed this time of reduced pressure.
Re: Irish Join Family Visa Enquiries Part 0 by Cyntopath: 4:08pm On Oct 11, 2022
Just maybe the people who got theirs today aren't on this platform. However let's hope that atleast 20-30% of what was released today arr Join family visa while keeping fingers crossed that all our prayers will be answered.
Re: Irish Join Family Visa Enquiries Part 0 by femo7(m): 4:17pm On Oct 11, 2022
Guys, I had to actually go to the Irish Immigration website to confirm the processing time for the following categories of Join Family Visas:

1. Join non EEA family member
For this category of join family visa, it is stated that you can expect that your application will be dealt with within 12 months of receipt of all required documentation. Please see: https://www.irishimmigration.ie/coming-to-join-family-in-ireland/joining-a-non-eea-non-swiss-national/join-non-eea-family-member/

2. Joining an Irish national
For this category of join family visa, you can expect that you application will be dealt with within 6 months of receipt of all required documentation Please see: https://www.irishimmigration.ie/coming-to-join-family-in-ireland/joining-an-irish-national/join-family-visa/#long
Re: Irish Join Family Visa Enquiries Part 0 by kayus4luv2(m): 4:31pm On Oct 11, 2022
Agreed that timeline always state like ideal estimated time. How come for countries like India it takes about 1 month to process join family and then Critical skills Employment Permit holder are actually qualified for immediate processing which they stated should be within 6 months. It is Nigerian factor that is actually delaying this thing unneccessarily and it is very annoying. How do they expect someone to drop Passport self for 12 months like the person does not have any other travel to do.
femo7:
Guys, I had to actually go to the Irish Immigration website to confirm the processing time for the following categories of Join Family Visas:

1. Join non EEA family member
For this category of join family visa, it is stated that you can expect that your application will be dealt with within 12 months of receipt of all required documentation. Please see: https://www.irishimmigration.ie/coming-to-join-family-in-ireland/joining-a-non-eea-non-swiss-national/join-non-eea-family-member/

2. Joining an Irish national
For this category of join family visa, you can expect that you application will be dealt with within 6 months of receipt of all required documentation Please see: https://www.irishimmigration.ie/coming-to-join-family-in-ireland/joining-an-irish-national/join-family-visa/#long

Re: Irish Join Family Visa Enquiries Part 0 by Cyntopath: 4:38pm On Oct 11, 2022
Hmmmm, this is becoming interesting. That means no difference in processing time between Join family visa of CSEP holder and ordinary work permit holder.

Well, I don't know if it was updated or how it has been but before I withdrew my appeal application in May ,my spouse senr an email to Irish embassy Abuja and the response we got was that appeal for CSEP holder for join family takes 6months to process while the normal work permit for join family takes 1year. Also before our first visa refusal, i exchanged alot of mails with them where they also stated that CSEP holder takes 6months to process while the other 12months.

Let's see how things play out shaa.

1 Like

Re: Irish Join Family Visa Enquiries Part 0 by Olaiyatunnex: 5:02pm On Oct 11, 2022
Lemme respond to Femo7 In the policy document, CSEP join family visa is clearly stated withing 6 months, what about that? I have a Malawian whose family will join her, she has booked their flight. The Nigerian lady applied for her husband before the Malawian but the Malawian family is on their way already, Nigerian stil waiting on queue. Took the Malawian about 2 months after application to bring her fam.
Re: Irish Join Family Visa Enquiries Part 0 by FfeJ: 9:59pm On Oct 11, 2022
@omapere nothing at all, they are not picking any of their calls. I honestly don’t know what to do anymore, than to leave everything in God’s hands. I don’t know why they are treating Nigerians like this.

1 Like

Re: Irish Join Family Visa Enquiries Part 0 by majorbravo: 10:22pm On Oct 11, 2022
This is indeed disheartening. Imagine having to pay outrageous flight ticket fare to Nigeria to visit family because we can’t fly elsewhere on holidays due to spouse’s passport being held for months at the embassy in Abuja. Is there anyone here in government who could talk to the Ambassador about doing something? I don’t suppose this wait is due to Covid anymore.

1 Like

Re: Irish Join Family Visa Enquiries Part 0 by FfeJ: 10:48pm On Oct 11, 2022
I saw on their website that they are yet to appoint a new Ambassador. The last appointed Ambassador was Síle Maguire.

1 Like

Re: Irish Join Family Visa Enquiries Part 0 by Dwebb55: 10:59pm On Oct 11, 2022
Olaiyatunnex:
Lemme respond to Femo7 In the policy document, CSEP join family visa is clearly stated withing 6 months, what about that? I have a Malawian whose family will join her, she has booked their flight. The Nigerian lady applied for her husband before the Malawian but the Malawian family is on their way already, Nigerian stil waiting on queue. Took the Malawian about 2 months after application to bring her fam.

Well said Olaiya! Family member applications of CSEP for the JFV is supposed to take a maximum of 6 months. There were some approvals and rejections on the list released yesterday. I pray all our applications end in success.

Getting the visa is just hurdle 1, getting accommodation is another stress. Our application is already over 6 months. Hopefully we will receive good news soon. People should please share their timeliness. Those who have received should also share the good news with details to encourage others. May it all end in joy!

1 Like

Re: Irish Join Family Visa Enquiries Part 0 by femo7(m): 11:11pm On Oct 11, 2022
How can we address this issue? Is there a way we can reach the Senate or anyone in power to address this disheartening situation? How can they be this wicked to Nigerians.

Honestly, this Irish people do not understand the importance of having one's family around.

I really hope this can get to people in power.

2 Likes

Re: Irish Join Family Visa Enquiries Part 0 by FfeJ: 12:09am On Oct 12, 2022
@femo7 I was asking my self this same question a few days ago. I started searching online for answers if anyone is listening to our cries. If you go to the Houses of the Oireachtas website : https://www.oireachtas.ie/en/search/?q=Family%20reunification%20Nigeria&sort=relevance You can literally search and see deputies asking the minister for justice questions regarding the delays In family reunification in the Abuja embassy compared to other countries. The answer they all got back was a copy and past of the same automated response we get when we email them. In other words, they literally don’t care if we are being treated unfairly. If the Nigerian government don’t do anything about this, I’m afraid we will be stuck in this same cycle. Please everyone keep voicing out this injustice, I pray we will be the change, I pray things change soon.

1 Like

Re: Irish Join Family Visa Enquiries Part 0 by femo7(m): 7:56pm On Oct 12, 2022
I understand how frustrating it is to be separated from our families for so long. I'm hoping that these guys reconsider and process our applications as soon as possible.

However, I had the pleasure of speaking with one of the members here, and we came to the conclusion that we could form a Whatsapp group and have real-time discussions, as well as share important information.

In this group, we can talk about and suggest ways to possibly reach out to people in positions of power (Senate, Ministry of Foreign Affairs, etc.), either in writing or over the phone. I believe we can use this to air our grievances while also appealing to those in charge.

Guys, wetin una think about this ?

3 Likes

Re: Irish Join Family Visa Enquiries Part 0 by Cyntopath: 8:21pm On Oct 12, 2022
@Femo7, that is a welcome development. I think we can put heads together and see what we can come up with. Thanks.

2 Likes

Re: Irish Join Family Visa Enquiries Part 0 by FfeJ: 12:34pm On Oct 14, 2022
How can I join the group please ? I have tried reaching out?

1 Like

Re: Irish Join Family Visa Enquiries Part 0 by bankool: 12:42am On Oct 15, 2022
Please I'm searching for accommodation in Cork, any form of assistance would be greatly appreciated.
Re: Irish Join Family Visa Enquiries Part 0 by Olaiyatunnex: 9:28am On Oct 17, 2022
Anybody applied for join family visa this year and gotten decision yet? Pls let us know with timeline.

1 Like

Re: Irish Join Family Visa Enquiries Part 0 by FfeJ: 9:29am On Oct 17, 2022
Yes any update from anyone, they updated decisions now.

1 Like

Re: Irish Join Family Visa Enquiries Part 0 by kayus4luv2(m): 10:03am On Oct 17, 2022
Please when did you apply for your Join family, my wife applied late July.
FfeJ:
Re: Irish Join Family Visa Enquiries Part 0 by Olaiyatunnex: 10:54am On Oct 17, 2022
About 150 decisions from Nigeria, Ghana, Senegal, ivory Coast.... Majority of the decisions are not family cos the ref. numbers are recent.

FfeJ:
Re: Irish Join Family Visa Enquiries Part 0 by FfeJ: 11:07am On Oct 17, 2022
kayus4luv2:
Please when did you apply for your Join family, my wife applied late July.

I applied early May.
Re: Irish Join Family Visa Enquiries Part 0 by Olaiyatunnex: 11:27am On Oct 17, 2022
FfeJ gotten your decision?

FfeJ:

I applied early May.
Re: Irish Join Family Visa Enquiries Part 0 by FfeJ: 11:44am On Oct 17, 2022
Olaiyatunnex:
FfeJ gotten your decision?

Nothing yet, I just want to know if they are even making decisions on Join family visa so I can estimate the time I may get a decision for my husband’s application. No one is saying anything. How can they update 50 decisions and non are join family. When students are no longer applying, so what exactly is stoping them from attending to family?
Re: Irish Join Family Visa Enquiries Part 0 by omapere: 12:02pm On Oct 17, 2022
FfeJ:

Nothing yet, I just want to know if they are even making decisions on Join family visa so I can estimate the time I may get a decision for my husband’s application. No one is saying anything. How can they update 50 decisions and non are join family. When students are no longer applying, so what exactly is stoping them from attending to family?

Some of the '49' numbers are most likely Join family.

Also, I submitted early March, no decision yet.
Re: Irish Join Family Visa Enquiries Part 0 by Olaiyatunnex: 12:27pm On Oct 17, 2022
Early March, pls what's ur number like? 49.. or 51.. or 50... Let us know so we can deduce the ones they are on now

FfeJ, May application, what ur number like too?

omapere:

Some of the '49' numbers are most likely Join family.

Also, I submitted early March, no decision yet.
Re: Irish Join Family Visa Enquiries Part 0 by omapere: 12:58pm On Oct 17, 2022
Olaiyatunnex:
Early March, pls what's ur number like? 49.. or 51.. or 50... Let us know so we can deduce the ones they are on now

Hi Olaiya, my number is 496...
Re: Irish Join Family Visa Enquiries Part 0 by FfeJ: 1:25pm On Oct 17, 2022
Olaiyatunnex:

Mine starts with 50.
Re: Irish Join Family Visa Enquiries Part 0 by Olaiyatunnex: 1:57pm On Oct 17, 2022
Omapere from the look of things, I can deduce that they are on Feb/March application for join family. Meaning you should get decision soon.
FfeJ, pls third digit. Five zero what? They will soon get to May too.
Re: Irish Join Family Visa Enquiries Part 0 by kayus4luv2(m): 2:09pm On Oct 17, 2022
Hello how did you get this info? Do you have anyone whose decission has been processed. I am even trying to check on Linkedin if i could see any of their staff to talk to at least to tell me what is delaying this thing if they actually wait for a particular time before they open someones file because how can a country be processing thiers in few weeks and then our country own will be taking months. This is not fair at all.
Olaiyatunnex:
Omapere from the look of things, I can deduce that they are on Feb/March application for join family. Meaning you should get decision soon.
FfeJ, pls third digit. Five zero what? They will soon get to May too.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Update On Minna-Bida Road (Photos) / Trailer Tumbles And Falls At Alapere Lagos (pics) / Ongoing Awka Millennium City Full Coverage (video & Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.