Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,705 members, 7,809,683 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:01 PM

My Wife Poisoned My Mother With Salt - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Wife Poisoned My Mother With Salt (44815 Views)

My Wife Poisoned My Food But Thank God I Survived - Nigerian Man Reveals / Re: My Wife Poisoned My Mother With Salt / Benue Girl, Adoo Eugenia Ter Surprises Her Mother With A Car (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Wife Poisoned My Mother With Salt by jedisco(m): 9:39am On Jan 02, 2022
@op @theonlysonofher

I doubt your mum was seen by a qualified doctor. No doctor worth his onions will tell you what you said.

Since your wife has been corrected, and she is remorseful, it's best to close ranks cos your mum's seizures were not due to the food she ate

6 Likes

Re: My Wife Poisoned My Mother With Salt by LordReed(m): 9:39am On Jan 02, 2022
Theonlysonofher:
While others are celebrating the new year today I am here sobbing because my marriage is at the verge of breaking.

I loved my wife with all my heart but I don't think I will ever forgive her for what she has done to my mother.

I am the only child of my mother. I have three sisters on my father's side.
I am married with two beautiful daughters. my mother suffered from diabetes, bp and high cholesterol. She is on a special diets strictly no salt or too much sugar.

She came to stay with me because the person who was taking care of her wasn't doing her job properly so I had to bring her to my house so I will be monitoring her health.

I have a house help who prepares all her meals with less salt and she also makes sure she takes her medicines on time without fail.
Everything was fine, my mother is not a troublesome person, she gets on well with my wife and most of the time she is in her room resting.

On the 20th of December my house help had traveled to the village to see her people and she will be back in January 4th so my wife and I have to take care of my mother making sure that her foods is less salty and medicines on time.

Since I am always working so my wife had to take most of the responsibility. It is only for a week and fews days until the house help is back.

She had agreed to take care of my mother during this periods of time and I thought everything was fine but I noticed my mother become distant and tired unlike her and I had no idea that she was actually dying and I have never suspected that my wife was maltreating her.

So Thursday being 30th December I was at work when my wife called and asked me to join her at the hospital because mama had a seizure.

I rushed to the hospital and my mother was in a coma state and I asked her what happened to mama, she said mama woke up that morning complaining about shortage of breath and she told her to go back to bed and rest hoping she will be fine by the time she will wake up.
Only for mama to fall off the ground and started shaking with foam coming out of her mouth.

I was in panicked I couldn't stop praying for my mother to get better and I didn't leave the hospital, my wife went home to take care of the children because she has left them with the neighbour and I had spend all night prayer vigil at my mother's bedside and glory be to God my mother woke up yesterday being 31st but the doctor report was not a good news for me.

Actually my mother was poisoned with salt and guess who did it? My beloved wife couldn't bothered to cook a different meal for my mother, she used to feed her the same meal we ate knowing full well that mama cannot eat the same foods as us because we are salt lovers, especially my wife, she love eating too much salt which I have warned her over and over again because it is also not good for her health.

I confronted her, she said she only fed mama the same meals we ate twice only but according to the doctor it was more than two times.

I am hurt that my wife doesnt love my mother or treat her like her own mother because if she truly loved her like her own mother she would have put her diet on consideration and not allow her to eat the same meal as us. I love her mother and u treat her like my own mother.

It pains me a lot when I remember five years ago when her mother was in coma state and she was staying with her at the hospital, she is her only daughter amongst three boys.

I used to visit them everyday after work, I will bring foods and I have even washed her mother clothes with my own hands, I have done with love because she is my mother. I called my mother in law this morning and I have informed her about what her daughter has done to my mother and she couldn't stop apologising and she is very disappointed with my wife.

But see how she has repaid me by hurting my own mother.

She has apologised to me and to my mother, I have forgave her but I don't think I can stay with her again because one day if I become sick or bedridden she might treat me the same way.

Honestly speaking I am not even at home with her and the kids, I am at my cousin brother's house since yesterday I left the hospital and my mother is still in the hospital because she needs more treatment and hopefully she will recover by next week.

I don't feel like going home today and I don't know when I'll go home but I will always be there for my girls because they are the best thing that ever happened to me.

What other advice would you give me on this situation? What are your thoughts? Thank you for reading all I love this community.

Don't be overdramatic if your wife is truly remorseful, there would be no reason to break up your marriage if she is.
Re: My Wife Poisoned My Mother With Salt by sleekman(m): 9:39am On Jan 02, 2022
My friend sharrap. Na Ur type dey worse pass. Was she not repeatedly warned? I wonder wetin Nigerians see with salt sef. Most eateries & restaurants in 9ja have same problem.
Beremx:
Your wife has asked for forgiveness. What else do you want?

Waiting for misogynistic people like Kris’s.216 to come advice you to divorce your wife

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Wife Poisoned My Mother With Salt by reason1man: 9:40am On Jan 02, 2022
Bro, accusing your wife of poisoning your mother is the worst mistake you made. If you don't think she is capable of loving your mother, get a nurse. Don't destroy your home due to avoidable issue
Re: My Wife Poisoned My Mother With Salt by gunners160(m): 9:40am On Jan 02, 2022
Gorgeous1guy:
Are you ok at all? What is the work of the woman ? In fact she has a house help that means she has little responsibility to shoulder for. My mum is 60 and she still carry out all the house chores with no help. No blame the man at all

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Wife Poisoned My Mother With Salt by lolu2019: 9:40am On Jan 02, 2022
Theonlysonofher:
While others are celebrating the new year today I am here sobbing because my marriage is at the verge of breaking.

I loved my wife with all my heart but I don't think I will ever forgive her for what she has done to my mother.

I am married with two beautiful daughters. my mother suffered from diabetes, bp and high cholesterol. She is on a special diets strictly no salt or too much sugar.

She came to stay with me because the person who was taking care of her wasn't doing her job properly so I had to bring her to my house so I will be monitoring her health.

I have a house help who prepares all her meals with less salt and she also makes sure she takes her medicines on time without fail.
Everything was fine, my mother is not a troublesome person, she gets on well with my wife and most of the time she is in her room resting.

On the 20th of December my house help had traveled to the village to see her people and she will be back in January 4th so my wife and I have to take care of my mother making sure that her foods is less salty and medicines on time.

Since I am always working so my wife had to take most of the responsibility. It is only for a week and fews days until the house help is back.

She had agreed to take care of my mother during this periods of time and I thought everything was fine but I noticed my mother become distant and tired unlike her and I had no idea that she was actually dying and I have never suspected that my wife was maltreating her.

So Thursday being 30th December I was at work when my wife called and asked me to join her at the hospital because mama had a seizure.

I rushed to the hospital and my mother was in a coma state and I asked her what happened to mama, she said mama woke up that morning complaining about shortage of breath and she told her to go back to bed and rest hoping she will be fine by the time she will wake up.
Only for mama to fall off the ground and started shaking with foam coming out of her mouth.

I was in panicked I couldn't stop praying for my mother to get better and I didn't leave the hospital, my wife went home to take care of the children because she has left them with the neighbour and I had spend all night prayer vigil at my mother's bedside and glory be to God my mother woke up yesterday being 31st but the doctor report was not a good news for me.

Actually my mother was poisoned with salt and guess who did it? My beloved wife couldn't bothered to cook a different meal for my mother, she used to feed her the same meal we ate knowing full well that mama cannot eat the same foods as us because we are salt lovers, especially my wife, she love eating too much salt which I have warned her over and over again because it is also not good for her health.

I confronted her, she said she only fed mama the same meals we ate twice only but according to the doctor it was more than two times.

I am hurt that my wife doesnt love my mother or treat her like her own mother because if she truly loved her like her own mother she would have put her diet on consideration and not allow her to eat the same meal as us. I love her mother and u treat her like my own mother.

It pains me a lot when I remember five years ago when her mother was in coma state and she was staying with her at the hospital, she is her only daughter amongst three boys.

I used to visit them everyday after work, I will bring foods and I have even washed her mother clothes with my own hands, I have done with love because she is my mother. I called my mother in law this morning and I have informed her about what her daughter has done to my mother and she couldn't stop apologising and she is very disappointed with my wife.

She has apologised to me and to my mother, I have forgave her but I don't think I can stay with her again because one day if I become sick or bedridden she might treat me the same way.

Honestly speaking I am not even at home with her and the kids, I am at my cousin brother's house since yesterday I left the hospital and my mother is still in the hospital because she needs more treatment and hopefully she will recover by next week.

I don't feel like going home today and I don't know when I'll go home but I will always be there for my girls because they are the best thing that ever happened to me.

What other advice would you give me on this situation? What are your thoughts? Thank you for reading all I love this community.
give her another chance.u can pretend to be sick.fake it and see how she will react.
Re: My Wife Poisoned My Mother With Salt by AmazingELixir: 9:40am On Jan 02, 2022
kiss

Op be calming down, which one is salt poisoning again....the only thing I can make out from your write up is that your wife was apparently too tired or lazy to prepare for your mom her own food and probably didn't grasp the severity of your mother's condition.

On the other hand how come your mom didn't bring to her notice the salt content in her meal when she tasted it since she relates with your wife very well.

Op just go back home to your family and wife, she made a costly mistake which she had admitted and apologised...on your part you need to be more observant and involved in knowing what your mother takes not just providing the money.

Now Op run back home to your lovely daughters and wife and more importantly give your wife a good fvck, you both need it to calm those frayed nerves.

Shalom.

5 Likes

Re: My Wife Poisoned My Mother With Salt by BjaySexy(m): 9:41am On Jan 02, 2022
Living with such a wife after what happened will never be the same again! It was obvious she did intentionally regardless of what the outcome would be. Her action had showed that she never really cared about you or your mom, she was such a good pretender! The only thing she cared about apart from herself is probably her kids. She knew your mom's state of health to begin with, she knew a separate meal had to be prepared for your mom, when the house help left temporarily due to festivities I'm sure your wife was preparing her meal separately initially, right? Then why did she stopped? Doctor must have ran series of tests to conclude she had way more than the recommended salt intake that almost killed her. I don't know about you bro, but......

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Wife Poisoned My Mother With Salt by Codes151(m): 9:41am On Jan 02, 2022
The way ppl think n write sha.
Cuz she put salt in food meant she poisoned your mum

Now all of a sudden did that to hurt you.

If Una no d ready for marriage learn to stay single.
Stop coming here to type rubbish.
She poisoned your mum With salt. N you left home. Smh.
I don't blame Una.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Wife Poisoned My Mother With Salt by bancholes(m): 9:42am On Jan 02, 2022
EmzyT:
sad
My brother, you see me so, I don't comment on post. But I had no choice than to comment on yours.

My brother, you see husband and wife matter na another thing. Bros, let it go. I know it may not not be easy, cos person mama no be wetin we go use .
Pls rescind your decision, go home and meet your family. Never give devil a chance. Women sometimes are funny, but may God give us the wisdom to deal with them.

Just let her know that you may not trust cos of wat she did. But with time, you go dey okay. Pls I beg you, go back home to your family

One love brother.

1 Like

Re: My Wife Poisoned My Mother With Salt by emmanuelbrown26: 9:42am On Jan 02, 2022
ramatintin:
comrade I disagree her behavior was deliberate to harm.
As simple as that, I don't know why some hv decided to be stupid in accepting what the wicked wife did
Re: My Wife Poisoned My Mother With Salt by OnyeObodo: 9:43am On Jan 02, 2022
Theonlysonofher:

Be very careful of your wife. She knows exactly what she was doing. She may even be targeting your mother to kill her while acting all innocent.

Women can be that dangerous. They are masters of poisoning. A man rarely has heart to poison. They may just assassinate you.

If your wife understood the health implication of salt on your mum, why take that extreme risk out of stupidity?

Don't be suprised she is seeing your mother as a threath and is trying to eliminate her in cold blood. She may try it on you one day to own your properties and wealth while transferring all her love to the children. Be careful.

6 Likes 4 Shares

Re: My Wife Poisoned My Mother With Salt by drimzsmoke(m): 9:44am On Jan 02, 2022
Beremx:

Waiting for misogynistic people like Kris’s.216 to come advice you to divorce your wife

He's healing,please ma,be nice!!!
Re: My Wife Poisoned My Mother With Salt by FireRain: 9:44am On Jan 02, 2022
embarassed This is heartrending, quick recovery to Mama, sorry about this Bro.

I won't say she is lazy or careless because she won't make that mistake if Mama is her mother.
Re: My Wife Poisoned My Mother With Salt by godofuck231: 9:45am On Jan 02, 2022
Mr man stop your tantrums , its what your mothers system rejected for years that killed her , salt had always been poison, cocaine, quinine and more are always poison but in little quantities they are medicinal , its was a mistake giving her food from the family's menu , she was ignorant thats all not that she never loved your mum , if you stop eating foods with peppers for 10 years and one day try a normal dish which contains peppers you are done for

1 Like

Re: My Wife Poisoned My Mother With Salt by TheGift: 9:45am On Jan 02, 2022
In the words of Mark Twain:
“Do not attribute to malice what may easily be attributed to incompetence”

As long as your Wife was not intentionally trying to poison your mum to death, attribute her actions to carelessness. And since She has apologized give Her the benefit of the doubt.

If you have truly forgiven Her, then act like it. Don’t let the sun go down on your wrath.

Don’t start the new year on this note. Go home to your family and set things right. Go home and be a loving Father to your daughters

1 Like

Re: My Wife Poisoned My Mother With Salt by emmanuelbrown26: 9:46am On Jan 02, 2022
Origin:
You left the kids, the house , your mother ALL in the hands of your wife......

Do you ever reason this?

If your wife should leave the house for a day no husband could cope with all her work so I laugh when I hear I had to go to work and left her in the care of my wife....

Before you go to work make your mother's meals no excuse, because we always make time for those things we care about ... ALWAYS.

ARE U INDIRECTLY TELLING OP TO PREPARE MAMA FOOD BEFORE GOING TO WORK WHIOE THE WICKED AND HEARTLESS WIFE DOWS NOTHING

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Wife Poisoned My Mother With Salt by drimzsmoke(m): 9:47am On Jan 02, 2022
Double0h7:
People saying forgive her are better than me because I couldn't forgive such evil act. This isn't a thing you could just say sorry for. She put the life of someone so vulnerable in danger. Op, you don't have to forgive her. What you are feeling is normal because I feel so emotional and I don't even know your mum.
For the sake of his daughters,he has no choice,he has to forgive his wife
Someone like me will never date a lady from a broken home let alone of marry such!!!
Re: My Wife Poisoned My Mother With Salt by tricksters: 9:47am On Jan 02, 2022
Yinkakolawole:
Whatever a man sow he will reap, just leave her in the hands of GOD.

Senselessly foolish comment, why not shut your foolosh mouth.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Wife Poisoned My Mother With Salt by Macgyver1: 9:50am On Jan 02, 2022
Landmack:
And errhmmm...Seun pls viewer's discretion when putting up adverts like this. I cant have this snake staring at me on every thread i open.

Lol

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Wife Poisoned My Mother With Salt by pickatyouu: 9:50am On Jan 02, 2022
soundOsonic:
You haven't forgiven her, if at all you have you wouldn't be here posting this.
The only problem I saw here was lack of proper education from your wife.
Now sir, reason this: if she actually knew feeding her salt will lead to this; would she have fed her?
She was only careless and didn't take her diabetes serious.
She acknowledged her mistake and she had apologized already. I know this trying time is enough to pass blame, but blaming her wouldn't make the matter better or worse.

It was a silly mistake, even doctors makes mistakes, you too make mistakes, she had learnt. Go back to your house and clear it from your chest and celebrate the new year with your family.
Happy New year

Truthfully their matter no concern me, but this ur kind of talk is senseless. So let everyone be apologizing and be ignorant, this same reason is y this Nigeria no go better, every one things they can do as dey wish, las las na apologies go end am. If the house help could do a better job than her, then the house help should be the in law not her.
Let people learn to take responsibility for their action, if na her own mama, will she be that careless.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Wife Poisoned My Mother With Salt by Dminister(m): 9:51am On Jan 02, 2022
This is just like you showing your wife a pot in your house which holds your life that no one should open, when one opens it you shall die the same day. She eventually opens the pot when no one is around to see what is inside.

This is women for you, they always wants to know the result of something. Example of when God told Adam and Eve that they should never eat from the tree in the Garden since that very day the inquisitive Devil lives inside their mind.

Forgive her, I’m sure now that you saw what happened she wouldn’t do that again.
Re: My Wife Poisoned My Mother With Salt by BHO1970: 9:52am On Jan 02, 2022
[quote author=soundOsonic post=108995159]You haven't forgiven her, if at all you have you wouldn't be here posting this.
Now sir, reason this: if she actually knew feeding her salt will lead to this; would she have fed her?
She acknowledged her mistake and she had apologized already. I know this trying time is enough to pass blame, but blaming her wouldn't make the matter better or worse.

It was a silly mistake, even doctors makes mistakes, you too make mistakes, she had learnt. Go back to your house and clear it from your chest and celebrate the new year with your family.
Happy New year. Almighty God will bless you for this advice.]
Re: My Wife Poisoned My Mother With Salt by nomenclature(m): 9:52am On Jan 02, 2022
Why should he leave her in the hands of God? Why do you nigerians like leaving what you can solve in the hands of God? Op stand firm or disembark
Yinkakolawole:
Whatever a man sow he will reap, just leave her in the hands of GOD.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Wife Poisoned My Mother With Salt by Murphyenemuwe: 9:52am On Jan 02, 2022
This your English no be here o
Theonlysonofher:

Re: My Wife Poisoned My Mother With Salt by Munzy14(m): 9:55am On Jan 02, 2022
Theonlysonofher:

A case of laziness on her path...

Since she begged for forgiveness, just let it go genuinely with all your heart...

Lessons learnt on both sides...Just hold on, and ensure strict compliance...Common sense suppose tell her this woman is getting closer to transition...Whoever gives her the needed care at this critical times, gets her final blessings which are usually huge.

My grandma had her last breathe in her daughter's house, Her daughter who has been managing with her family...

A year after my grandma's death...Doors of Wealth opened for her children...I mean they dismantled her house and erected an edifice in months....Infact life improved in all spheres..Last time she came around with her driver, we all teased about the past.

In essence, forgive your wife and maintain the care you are giving your mum...You are blessed already...don't use anger to spoil it like Moses did in the bible.
Re: My Wife Poisoned My Mother With Salt by rajiedreez: 9:56am On Jan 02, 2022
soundOsonic:
You haven't forgiven her, if at all you have you wouldn't be here posting this.

Happy New year
wait shey you didn't read the post ni. SHE DIDN'T KNOW. And a maid has been staying with them to care for the woman all this while, if it wasn't life threatening will he have employed a maid for her in the first place.

For me I think she feels cooking a separate meal for her is too stressful and its goes a long way to show that she can't sacrifice for her mother in-law the way her husband can for her own mom. That's according to what op said he did for her mom o.

On the other hand, leaving your wife isn't the best option either, although you need all the time you can get to heal up because being the only child hits differently when something is wrong with your mom.
But don't forget that you also have a family of your own, with your wife inclusive and you won't want your children growing in a broken home.
I believe she'd have learnt her lesson by now. Forgive her, heal up and go home
Re: My Wife Poisoned My Mother With Salt by HELLASJ(m): 9:56am On Jan 02, 2022
Beremx:

If it was your mother what would you do?
If you can say something like this, I believe you'll indulge in this act with full intension...How does some people think sef? Nawa

1 Like

Re: My Wife Poisoned My Mother With Salt by CAPSLOCKED: 9:56am On Jan 02, 2022
OnyeObodo:

Be very careful of your wife. She knows exactly what she was doing. She may even be targeting your mother to kill her while acting all innocent.

Women can be that dangerous. They are masters of poisoning. A man rarely has heart to poison. They may just assassinate you.

If your wife understood the health implication of salt on your mum, why take that extreme risk out of stupidity?

Don't be suprised she is seeing your mother as a threath and is trying to eliminate her in cold blood. She may try it on you one day to own your properties and wealth while transferring all her love to the children. Be careful.

MANY YOUNG GIRLS ARE HOPING TO MARRY A MAN WHO'S MOTHER IS DEAD. MARRIED WOMEN ARE HOPING THAT THEIR HUSBANDS MOTHERS ALL DIE FASTER THAN ANYTHING ELSE. YOU MUST BE REALLY STUPID TO LEAVE YOUR MUM IN YOUR WIFE'S CARE, AND EVEN STUPIDER TO STILL ADD THAT YOU LOVE AND CHERISH YOUR WIFE AFTER SHE DELIBERATELY TRIED TO MURDER YOUR MUM. Theonlysonofher, YOU'VE NOT SEEN ANYTHING YET. YOU'RE THE NEXT ON HER LIST OF PEOPLE TO KILL BEFORE THEIR TIME.

THE UPDATE IS THAT THE WOMAN DIED FROM THIS INCIDENT. YOUR WIFE WON.

11 Likes 6 Shares

Re: My Wife Poisoned My Mother With Salt by pickatyouu: 9:57am On Jan 02, 2022
Beremx:

U be grown ass fool for this rubbish you posted. U think everything is about being sexist. If d poor woman died, na dz rubbish you go dey talk.
Pray u get treated badly by ur inlaws so u can still talk this rubbish you posted.
As u no get sense just stick to d politics section

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Wife Poisoned My Mother With Salt by Nobody: 9:57am On Jan 02, 2022
@ op, Just one question. If it were her own mother, will she make she same mistake?

And how did she show remorse to your mother?

Knowing she messed up won’t her action be to stay with your mum and care for her until she fully recovers or till the house help comes?

Her actions and inaction speaks volume.

My take is that she wants your mother out of the way.

The foolishness in her thinking is that she will go free. But the truth is that her salt intake is not her doing self cos she will definitely end up like your mum and will receive 7 fold treatment. It’s that simple.

I won’t advise you to leave or stay. Just be careful of her cos this kinda woman can carelessly kill you and make it look like an accident.

Shalom.

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Wife Poisoned My Mother With Salt by HELLASJ(m): 9:58am On Jan 02, 2022
CAPSLOCKED:
MANY YOUNG GIRLS ARE HOPING TO MARRY A MAN WHO'S MOTHER IS DEAD. MARRIED WOMEN ARE HOPING THAT THEIR HUSBANDS MOTHERS ALL DIE FASTER THAN ANYTHING ELSE. YOU MUST BE REALLY STUPID TO LEAVE YOUR MUM IN YOUR WIFE'S CARE, AND EVEN STUPIDER TO STILL ADD THAT YOU LOVE AND CHERISH YOUR WIFE AFTER SHE DELIBERATELY TRIED TO MURDER YOUR MUM. Theonlysonofher, YOU'VE NOT SEEN ANYTHING YET. YOU'RE THE NEXT ON HER LIST OF PEOPLE TO KILL BEFORE THEIR TIME.

You can say that again!

Woman don't like competition, your mum being alive is a great threat for them, they want all the care, attention, love for themselves alone. Most times your mum can hinder them from manipulating you in some cases. Don't leave your mum under your wife's care, give her a very close marking.

This doesn't apply to all girls (religious, cultural etc) could shape some stuffs in them.

PS: observe your wife's family background if her mum is playing Alfa in the house, mehn you got to up your game, if not; you're doomed.

6 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

Why You Should Be Careful In Choosing Your Next Of Kin (Photos) / 12 Things To Say No To In Your Marriage / A Strange Woman In My Home.. How Do I Go About It??

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 135
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.