Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,464 members, 7,816,088 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:52 AM

My Wife Poisoned My Mother With Salt - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Wife Poisoned My Mother With Salt (44879 Views)

My Wife Poisoned My Food But Thank God I Survived - Nigerian Man Reveals / Re: My Wife Poisoned My Mother With Salt / Benue Girl, Adoo Eugenia Ter Surprises Her Mother With A Car (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Wife Poisoned My Mother With Salt by Homguy(m): 9:59am On Jan 02, 2022
Theonlysonofher:
While others are celebrating the new year today I am here sobbing because my marriage is at the verge of breaking.

I loved my wife with all my heart but I don't think I will ever forgive her for what she has done to my mother.

I am the only child of my mother. I have three sisters on my father's side.
I am married with two beautiful daughters. my mother suffered from diabetes, bp and high cholesterol. She is on a special diets strictly no salt or too much sugar.

She came to stay with me because the person who was taking care of her wasn't doing her job properly so I had to bring her to my house so I will be monitoring her health.

I have a house help who prepares all her meals with less salt and she also makes sure she takes her medicines on time without fail.
Everything was fine, my mother is not a troublesome person, she gets on well with my wife and most of the time she is in her room resting.

On the 20th of December my house help had traveled to the village to see her people and she will be back in January 4th so my wife and I have to take care of my mother making sure that her foods is less salty and medicines on time.

Since I am always working so my wife had to take most of the responsibility. It is only for a week and fews days until the house help is back.

She had agreed to take care of my mother during this periods of time and I thought everything was fine but I noticed my mother become distant and tired unlike her and I had no idea that she was actually dying and I have never suspected that my wife was maltreating her.

So Thursday being 30th December I was at work when my wife called and asked me to join her at the hospital because mama had a seizure.

I rushed to the hospital and my mother was in a coma state and I asked her what happened to mama, she said mama woke up that morning complaining about shortage of breath and she told her to go back to bed and rest hoping she will be fine by the time she will wake up.
Only for mama to fall off the ground and started shaking with foam coming out of her mouth.

I was in panicked I couldn't stop praying for my mother to get better and I didn't leave the hospital, my wife went home to take care of the children because she has left them with the neighbour and I had spend all night prayer vigil at my mother's bedside and glory be to God my mother woke up yesterday being 31st but the doctor report was not a good news for me.

Actually my mother was poisoned with salt and guess who did it? My beloved wife couldn't bothered to cook a different meal for my mother, she used to feed her the same meal we ate knowing full well that mama cannot eat the same foods as us because we are salt lovers, especially my wife, she love eating too much salt which I have warned her over and over again because it is also not good for her health.

I confronted her, she said she only fed mama the same meals we ate twice only but according to the doctor it was more than two times.

I am hurt that my wife doesnt love my mother or treat her like her own mother because if she truly loved her like her own mother she would have put her diet on consideration and not allow her to eat the same meal as us. I love her mother and u treat her like my own mother.

It pains me a lot when I remember five years ago when her mother was in coma state and she was staying with her at the hospital, she is her only daughter amongst three boys.

I used to visit them everyday after work, I will bring foods and I have even washed her mother clothes with my own hands, I have done with love because she is my mother. I called my mother in law this morning and I have informed her about what her daughter has done to my mother and she couldn't stop apologising and she is very disappointed with my wife.

But see how she has repaid me by hurting my own mother.

She has apologised to me and to my mother, I have forgave her but I don't think I can stay with her again because one day if I become sick or bedridden she might treat me the same way.

Honestly speaking I am not even at home with her and the kids, I am at my cousin brother's house since yesterday I left the hospital and my mother is still in the hospital because she needs more treatment and hopefully she will recover by next week.

I don't feel like going home today and I don't know when I'll go home but I will always be there for my girls because they are the best thing that ever happened to me.

What other advice would you give me on this situation? What are your thoughts? Thank you for reading all I love this community.
your wife did not deliberately poison your mother. I am almost certain of this. Pls forgive her

1 Like

Re: My Wife Poisoned My Mother With Salt by anungangampu: 10:01am On Jan 02, 2022
Gorgeous1guy:
What I see is a man desperately looking for excuse to leave his family.
While I am not exonerating the wife but then, if really we as man understand the stress and enormous task of keeping home by our wives, we will appreciate them better.
Mama will get better. Go back home like the responsible man that u are
and take charge of your family.
May God be with u
Kinda advice I agree with. Just a man that can't speak for himself as both love of his life fight each other. Somehow he is siding his mom and want to run away from his wife.
Re: My Wife Poisoned My Mother With Salt by PenelopeA(f): 10:02am On Jan 02, 2022
Sometimes we just sit and imagine how some people reason. If she was lazy to prepare a separate meal why didnt she dish out mama's own before adding salt to the remaining. How can a househelp do a better job than a wife. If something happens tomorrow between oga and house help we will be here wailing.
Oga o it has happened, and she has asked for forgiveness, please forgive but monitor her feeding and general welfare closely.

7 Likes

Re: My Wife Poisoned My Mother With Salt by dokxavi: 10:03am On Jan 02, 2022
Husband man please forgive your wife. Some people do not know that some of their actions might hurt any person.
Re: My Wife Poisoned My Mother With Salt by anungangampu: 10:03am On Jan 02, 2022
Codes151:
The way ppl think n write sha.
Cuz she put salt in food meant she poisoned your mum

Now all of a sudden did that to hurt you.

If Una no d ready for marriage learn to stay single.
Stop coming here to type rubbish.
She poisoned your mum With salt. N you left home. Smh.
I don't blame Una.
Lol.. Seriously u can predict his age from his reaction
Re: My Wife Poisoned My Mother With Salt by rawe45: 10:05am On Jan 02, 2022
soundOsonic:
You haven't forgiven her, if at all you have you wouldn't be here posting this.
The only problem I saw here was lack of proper education from your wife.
Now sir, reason this: if she actually knew feeding her salt will lead to this; would she have fed her?
She was only careless and didn't take her diabetes serious.
She acknowledged her mistake and she had apologized already. I know this trying time is enough to pass blame, but blaming her wouldn't make the matter better or worse.

It was a silly mistake, even doctors makes mistakes, you too make mistakes, she had learnt. Go back to your house and clear it from your chest and celebrate the new year with your family.
Happy New year

Mistake you say?
She knew the house help prepares her food with little or no salt.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Wife Poisoned My Mother With Salt by nwajesus12(m): 10:06am On Jan 02, 2022
Landmack:
And errhmmm...Seun pls viewer's discretion when putting up adverts like this. I cant have this snake staring at me on every thread i open.
grin grin grin
Re: My Wife Poisoned My Mother With Salt by SaintNegro77: 10:07am On Jan 02, 2022
What a sad story! My brother, please don't allow yourself get weighed down. I am more afraid to face marriage ����
Re: My Wife Poisoned My Mother With Salt by wirinet(m): 10:08am On Jan 02, 2022
calmness0:
Op, This is a very serious matter.

I honestly don't think your wife deliberately intended to poison your mother.

I believe it was just laziness on her part to Cook separate meals.
Gbam. I face the same issue. My wife is asked to cook different meal for my mum with less salt and spices. Most times she just gives us the same meal as cooking different meals is often difficult for her.
I think it boils to either laziness or being overwhelmed. I doubt it is malice.
Re: My Wife Poisoned My Mother With Salt by merits(m): 10:09am On Jan 02, 2022
Theonlysonofher:
While others are celebrating the new year today I am here sobbing because my marriage is at the verge of breaking.

I loved my wife with all my heart but I don't think I will ever forgive her for what she has done to my mother.

I am married with two beautiful daughters. my mother suffered from diabetes, bp and high cholesterol. She is on a special diets strictly no salt or too much sugar.

She came to stay with me because the person who was taking care of her wasn't doing her job properly so I had to bring her to my house so I will be monitoring her health.

I have a house help who prepares all her meals with less salt and she also makes sure she takes her medicines on time without fail.
Everything was fine, my mother is not a troublesome person, she gets on well with my wife and most of the time she is in her room resting.

On the 20th of December my house help had traveled to the village to see her people and she will be back in January 4th so my wife and I have to take care of my mother making sure that her foods is less salty and medicines on time.

Since I am always working so my wife had to take most of the responsibility. It is only for a week and fews days until the house help is back.

She had agreed to take care of my mother during this periods of time and I thought everything was fine but I noticed my mother become distant and tired unlike her and I had no idea that she was actually dying and I have never suspected that my wife was maltreating her.

So Thursday being 30th December I was at work when my wife called and asked me to join her at the hospital because mama had a seizure.

I rushed to the hospital and my mother was in a coma state and I asked her what happened to mama, she said mama woke up that morning complaining about shortage of breath and she told her to go back to bed and rest hoping she will be fine by the time she will wake up.
Only for mama to fall off the ground and started shaking with foam coming out of her mouth.

I was in panicked I couldn't stop praying for my mother to get better and I didn't leave the hospital, my wife went home to take care of the children because she has left them with the neighbour and I had spend all night prayer vigil at my mother's bedside and glory be to God my mother woke up yesterday being 31st but the doctor report was not a good news for me.

Actually my mother was poisoned with salt and guess who did it? My beloved wife couldn't bothered to cook a different meal for my mother, she used to feed her the same meal we ate knowing full well that mama cannot eat the same foods as us because we are salt lovers, especially my wife, she love eating too much salt which I have warned her over and over again because it is also not good for her health.

I confronted her, she said she only fed mama the same meals we ate twice only but according to the doctor it was more than two times.

I am hurt that my wife doesnt love my mother or treat her like her own mother because if she truly loved her like her own mother she would have put her diet on consideration and not allow her to eat the same meal as us. I love her mother and u treat her like my own mother.

It pains me a lot when I remember five years ago when her mother was in coma state and she was staying with her at the hospital, she is her only daughter amongst three boys.

I used to visit them everyday after work, I will bring foods and I have even washed her mother clothes with my own hands, I have done with love because she is my mother. I called my mother in law this morning and I have informed her about what her daughter has done to my mother and she couldn't stop apologising and she is very disappointed with my wife.

She has apologised to me and to my mother, I have forgave her but I don't think I can stay with her again because one day if I become sick or bedridden she might treat me the same way.

Honestly speaking I am not even at home with her and the kids, I am at my cousin brother's house since yesterday I left the hospital and my mother is still in the hospital because she needs more treatment and hopefully she will recover by next week.

I don't feel like going home today and I don't know when I'll go home but I will always be there for my girls because they are the best thing that ever happened to me.

What other advice would you give me on this situation? What are your thoughts? Thank you for reading all I love this community.
Just divorce her and marry the maid, simple.no time to forgive malicious act.

Re: My Wife Poisoned My Mother With Salt by TheMostComplex1: 10:13am On Jan 02, 2022
This's condemnable. What your wife did could have killed mama. They way you reacted is not out of place but the holy book says that we should forgive as vengeance is of the Lord.

Mama is healed in Jesus name. Amen

Note OP diabetics is hereditary & you need to be careful with salt & sugar & others so you have to make your wife realize that she putting your life in danger with too much salt & others.
Re: My Wife Poisoned My Mother With Salt by jimcaddy(m): 10:15am On Jan 02, 2022
On your part, you left lapses. You should have tried to personally monitored her meals. What was doing your wife was laziness to cook a seperate meal for your mother. Not deliberate. But it was gross negligence. Thank God the house help was not around, if not she would have been accused of being the one. So there was no one to lie on. Too much salt intake is bad. But for some people it doesnt affect them. But just scold her and punish her if you must.
Re: My Wife Poisoned My Mother With Salt by GorillaApp(m): 10:15am On Jan 02, 2022
Theonlysonofher:

I appreciate your wonderful devotion to your mother. Calm down please. Women came with a default setting to always be at daggers end with their mother in law even before they even meet her.
In your scenario, I think your wife didn't take into cognizance, the delicate nature of your mothers health, that was why she didn't adhere to the strict instructions.
I beg you to forgive and forget. Their are things I would have shared with you but this Is a public forum.
If you need to discuss, just send a PM

2 Likes

Re: My Wife Poisoned My Mother With Salt by wirinet(m): 10:15am On Jan 02, 2022
Theonlysonofher:

Thank God your mother was able to recover. I don't think you should divorce your wife solely based on this one incident, unless of course there were only red flags and this was a final straw. Also inquire from your mother and the house girl how your wife treats your mother when you are not around.

If no other issue, sit down and talk to your wife and tell her to buckle up when taking care of your mother.
Re: My Wife Poisoned My Mother With Salt by obiekunie01: 10:18am On Jan 02, 2022
Theonlysonofher:

IF YOU LIKE KEEP FOOLING YOURSELF THAT SHE HAS ASKED FOR FORGIVENESS.

LET ME TELL YOU! SHE ASKED FOR FORGIVENESS BECAUSE SHE NEVER KNEW SHE WILL BE CAUGHT!

SHE NEVER KNEW THAT DOCTORS CAN TELL YOU EXACTLY WHAT SHE DID!

SHE INTENTIONALLY TRIED TO KILL YOUR MOM BY POISONING HER!

if you believe that it is a mistake, ask her why you have to hire a helper that helps in cooking your mom's meals - does it mean she doesn't know your mom requires special feeding?

Is there any adult in the world that doesn't know diabetes needs special kind foods that doesn't include salt??

THE WITCH WANTS TO END YOUR MOM BECAUSE SHE KNOWS YOUR MOM IS YOUR STRONGHOLD!

SHE KNOWS NO HARM CAN COME TO YOU SO LONG AS YOUR MOM IS ALIVE!

OH! AND DONT EVER FOOL YOURSELF TO BELEIVE THAT SUCH A WICKED EVIL WOMAN YOU CALLED YOUR WIFE WILL BE THERE FOR YOU IF THINGS GO SOUTH FOR YOU - SHE WILL MAKE YOUR LIFE MISERABLE!

IF YOU DOUBT ME, WHEN YOUR MOM IS OK, ASK HER THE LOOK IN YOUR WIFE'S EYES WHEN SHE COMES TO ATTEND TO HER - BELEIVE ME YOUR MOTHER WILL NOT ANSWER YOU THIS QUESTION BECASUE SHE SAW THE DEVIL HIMSELF IN YOUR WIFE'S EYES.

Your wife is evil! BE ON YOUR GAURD ALWAYS! a word is enough for the smart.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Wife Poisoned My Mother With Salt by GorillaApp(m): 10:19am On Jan 02, 2022
calmness0:

Exactly. She didn't mean to poison her. The wife didn't want to accept the magnitude of the consequences of flouting the instructions. She felt the old woman will not be affected but with all the plethora of health challenge mama have, only a strict adherence to the diet will be ok
Re: My Wife Poisoned My Mother With Salt by Neddstark: 10:20am On Jan 02, 2022
If your mum survives it, accept your wife back. If reverse is, divorce. Else that incident will affect your future with her. Praying for your mum.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Wife Poisoned My Mother With Salt by Babastrong(m): 10:20am On Jan 02, 2022
I won't come to this forum to take advice from these 3 set of people.
1. The kids.
2. The inexperienced people.
3. Get-in-side sons.
OP, this issue is best discuss with matured family members or your wise friends. And thank God, your mother is still alive. I wish her a quick recovery.
my advice: enter your mother's room after her recovery, hold her legs, apologise to her. I bet you sure. She will tell you what you don't know and profer a posible solution to your problems.

1 Like

Re: My Wife Poisoned My Mother With Salt by nedekid: 10:24am On Jan 02, 2022
soundOsonic:
Now sir, reason this: if she actually knew feeding her salt will lead to this; would she have fed her?
She acknowledged her mistake and she had apologized already. I know this trying time is enough to pass blame, but blaming her wouldn't make the matter better or worse.

It was a silly mistake, even doctors makes mistakes, you too make mistakes, she had learnt. Go back to your house and clear it from your chest and celebrate the new year with your family.
Happy New year
Well said.
Re: My Wife Poisoned My Mother With Salt by seborrhic: 10:25am On Jan 02, 2022
Theonlysonofher:

Rubbish story.Probably made up or copied from a foreign site.
How did the doctor in Nigeria know she was poisoned by salt.
Moderators turned nland to a plaything.
When a governor being visited by his commissioner starts making FrontPage on NL is when u know d site has gone to the dogs.
Re: My Wife Poisoned My Mother With Salt by DSENATAR: 10:25am On Jan 02, 2022
soundOsonic:

Happy New year

In as much as you were right about forgiveness, it is important to know what she did was intentional.

Like the husband said, " the doctor confirmed that it wasn't twice as claimed by the wife"

If it were her mother will she treat her as such? Let's call a spade a spade, the wife didnt do the right thing. What if the mother inlaw had died due to her negligence, he would now plunge her husband into mourning and unnecessary burial expenditures.

What she did was simply condemnable. After all said, he should forgive the wife, but also keep a keen eye on his mother.

Please go bring the house help back to cater for your mum.
Re: My Wife Poisoned My Mother With Salt by texazzpete(m): 10:28am On Jan 02, 2022
How did the doctor know that it was more than twice? What medical test is there to know the number of meals consumed by a person and the salt content of each of them?

1 Like

Re: My Wife Poisoned My Mother With Salt by viyon02: 10:28am On Jan 02, 2022
Nutase:
Karma dey wait her with koboko
Exactly, since she is a salt lover, am sorry for her in advance.
Re: My Wife Poisoned My Mother With Salt by Nobody: 10:29am On Jan 02, 2022
Theonlysonofher:

If truly you have forgiven her you won't be separated from her, since she has learnt her lesson just forgive & forget.
Divine healing upon your mother in Jesus name amen

1 Like

Re: My Wife Poisoned My Mother With Salt by wirinet(m): 10:30am On Jan 02, 2022
Babastrong:
I won't come to this forum to take advice from these 3 set of people.
1. The kids.
2. The inexperienced people.
3. Get-in-side sons.
OP, this issue is best discuss with matured family members or your wise friends. And thank God, your mother is still alive. I wish her a quick recovery.
my advice: enter your mother's room after her recovery, hold her legs, apologise to her. I bet you sure. She will tell you what you don't know and profer a posible solution to your problems.
My brother that one na before before. Now the internet is the best place to get plethora of advice and opinion from all sides. You get childish advice from kids, stupid advice from the inexperienced, but you also get solid advice from matured people, sometimes professionals you otherwise cannot afford. It is left for the person seeking advice to sieve the chaff from the wheat.

Nowadays family members are sometimes involved or emotionally invested with one side of the conflict and so cannot give a dispassionate advice.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Wife Poisoned My Mother With Salt by DjAduba(m): 10:30am On Jan 02, 2022
Jealousy is the reason why she acted in such manner, she feels Mama had taken away the better part of the love she deserved... what she did was intentional no escuse. Forgive her is a choice and it all depends on u.... be wise.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Wife Poisoned My Mother With Salt by FantasticJ: 10:31am On Jan 02, 2022
I will never trust such a woman and I'm definitely not putting my life in her hands.

Shalom

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Wife Poisoned My Mother With Salt by YoungBlackRico(m): 10:31am On Jan 02, 2022
soundOsonic:

Happy New year
would she have made the "silly mistake" if it's were to be her own mother?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Wife Poisoned My Mother With Salt by Malawian(m): 10:32am On Jan 02, 2022
calmness0:

If it is laziness, she could have finished cooking, removed the mother's portion before adding salt to the rest. It was intentional. Once or twice might be laziness, more than twice? Naa I don't think so.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Wife Poisoned My Mother With Salt by jomarick(m): 10:32am On Jan 02, 2022
This man bin dey find how to pursue e wife before, not because of that small mistake.
Re: My Wife Poisoned My Mother With Salt by Greatidonis: 10:32am On Jan 02, 2022
Guy I'm the kind of dude that will be very angry with this kind of situation but this is the first time this kind of stuff is happening going by your story.
Please don't allow it to destroy your family she may have done it out of carelessness and laziness. No with the intention to poison or kill mum, remember she is still the one that took mama to the hospital. Allow peace to reign give her one final warning remember your beautiful daughters.
Re: My Wife Poisoned My Mother With Salt by ObaOhiminni: 10:35am On Jan 02, 2022
Beremx:
Your wife has asked for forgiveness. What else do you want?

Waiting for misogynistic people like Kris’s.216 to come advice you to divorce your wife

like seriously? Inasmuch as I don't support divorce, this your comment is meaningless.

Well the way una dae post una marriage issues here dhiz days, omo marriage dae scare mhi.

See infact I don't even know what am saying

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

How true about this in Marriage ( See Photo) / My Wife Shows No Affection / 5 Signs Of Irresponsibility Shown By Men

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 167
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.