Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,436 members, 7,815,991 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:00 PM

My Wife Poisoned My Mother With Salt - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Wife Poisoned My Mother With Salt (44867 Views)

My Wife Poisoned My Food But Thank God I Survived - Nigerian Man Reveals / Re: My Wife Poisoned My Mother With Salt / Benue Girl, Adoo Eugenia Ter Surprises Her Mother With A Car (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Wife Poisoned My Mother With Salt by YoungBlackRico(m): 10:36am On Jan 02, 2022
Beremx:
Your wife has asked for forgiveness. What else do you want?

Waiting for misogynistic people like Kris’s.216 to come advice you to divorce your wife

Woman shut the hell up, if he chooses not to forgive her or even divorce the careless woman that's his call. Damn!

You have nothing to say about a Wicked human (that's what I think of her) but think it's time for gender war. Would she have been this careless if na her own mama?

Nasty!

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Wife Poisoned My Mother With Salt by BarrElChapo(m): 10:37am On Jan 02, 2022
Theonlysonofher:
While others are celebrating the new year today I am here sobbing because my marriage is at the verge of breaking.

I loved my wife with all my heart but I don't think I will ever forgive her for what she has done to my mother.

I am the only child of my mother. I have three sisters on my father's side.
I am married with two beautiful daughters. my mother suffered from diabetes, bp and high cholesterol. She is on a special diets strictly no salt or too much sugar.

She came to stay with me because the person who was taking care of her wasn't doing her job properly so I had to bring her to my house so I will be monitoring her health.

I have a house help who prepares all her meals with less salt and she also makes sure she takes her medicines on time without fail.
Everything was fine, my mother is not a troublesome person, she gets on well with my wife and most of the time she is in her room resting.

On the 20th of December my house help had traveled to the village to see her people and she will be back in January 4th so my wife and I have to take care of my mother making sure that her foods is less salty and medicines on time.

Since I am always working so my wife had to take most of the responsibility. It is only for a week and fews days until the house help is back.

She had agreed to take care of my mother during this periods of time and I thought everything was fine but I noticed my mother become distant and tired unlike her and I had no idea that she was actually dying and I have never suspected that my wife was maltreating her.

So Thursday being 30th December I was at work when my wife called and asked me to join her at the hospital because mama had a seizure.

I rushed to the hospital and my mother was in a coma state and I asked her what happened to mama, she said mama woke up that morning complaining about shortage of breath and she told her to go back to bed and rest hoping she will be fine by the time she will wake up.
Only for mama to fall off the ground and started shaking with foam coming out of her mouth.

I was in panicked I couldn't stop praying for my mother to get better and I didn't leave the hospital, my wife went home to take care of the children because she has left them with the neighbour and I had spend all night prayer vigil at my mother's bedside and glory be to God my mother woke up yesterday being 31st but the doctor report was not a good news for me.

Actually my mother was poisoned with salt and guess who did it? My beloved wife couldn't bothered to cook a different meal for my mother, she used to feed her the same meal we ate knowing full well that mama cannot eat the same foods as us because we are salt lovers, especially my wife, she love eating too much salt which I have warned her over and over again because it is also not good for her health.

I confronted her, she said she only fed mama the same meals we ate twice only but according to the doctor it was more than two times.

I am hurt that my wife doesnt love my mother or treat her like her own mother because if she truly loved her like her own mother she would have put her diet on consideration and not allow her to eat the same meal as us. I love her mother and u treat her like my own mother.

It pains me a lot when I remember five years ago when her mother was in coma state and she was staying with her at the hospital, she is her only daughter amongst three boys.

I used to visit them everyday after work, I will bring foods and I have even washed her mother clothes with my own hands, I have done with love because she is my mother. I called my mother in law this morning and I have informed her about what her daughter has done to my mother and she couldn't stop apologising and she is very disappointed with my wife.

But see how she has repaid me by hurting my own mother.

She has apologised to me and to my mother, I have forgave her but I don't think I can stay with her again because one day if I become sick or bedridden she might treat me the same way.

Honestly speaking I am not even at home with her and the kids, I am at my cousin brother's house since yesterday I left the hospital and my mother is still in the hospital because she needs more treatment and hopefully she will recover by next week.

I don't feel like going home today and I don't know when I'll go home but I will always be there for my girls because they are the best thing that ever happened to me.

What other advice would you give me on this situation? What are your thoughts? Thank you for reading all I love this community.

They say man & woman become one in marriage but frankly this is enough to break my marriage if it were me.
I hope your wife shows enough remorse cos from your post it's your mother inlaw that's apologizing on her behalf.
Hopefully mama will have a full recovery in body and mind soon.

P.S. Please kindly ask mama if she complained of the amount of salt in the food when she was served with food cos it should let you know if your wife knowingly or unknowingly continued to give her food unfit for her health.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Wife Poisoned My Mother With Salt by BarrElChapo(m): 10:38am On Jan 02, 2022
Beremx:
Your wife has asked for forgiveness. What else do you want?

Waiting for misogynistic people like Kris’s.216 to come advice you to divorce your wife

WITCH.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Wife Poisoned My Mother With Salt by wirinet(m): 10:39am On Jan 02, 2022
Greatidonis:
Guy I'm the kind of dude that will be very angry with this kind of situation but this is the first time this kind of stuff is happening going by your story.
Please don't allow it to destroy your family she may have done it out of carelessness and laziness. No with the intention to poison or kill mum, remember she is still the one that took mama to the hospital. Allow peace to reign give her one final warning remember your beautiful daughters.

True! If she actually wanted his mother dead she would have waited a few hours until she is dead before calling the doctor. A more wicked woman would have hasten the death by putting a pillow over her head.

The wife probably didn't know the gravity of the effect the salt would have on his mother. If the OP had not seen the last seizure his mother had because of salt intake, he too might not have taken her diet serious.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Wife Poisoned My Mother With Salt by BarrElChapo(m): 10:41am On Jan 02, 2022
ETIIKO:
My brother is so pathetic when a man go out of his way to please his family above all odds, sacrificing so much to see the family comfortable and in return the reverse is the case.
Please go back home because your children will be distraughted when they see their mum crying and asking their mum so many questions about your whereabouts; yes it hurt, we learn every day. Just be at home while trying to figure out the best possible solution gradually the pain will be heal when your mum return back home.

Is the wife crying distraughtedly or are you just assuming ? Bro women have got some heart o forget.
Re: My Wife Poisoned My Mother With Salt by correctyourself(m): 10:42am On Jan 02, 2022
Theonlysonofher:
While others are celebrating the new year today I am here sobbing because my marriage is at the verge of breaking.

I loved my wife with all my heart but I don't think I will ever forgive her for what she has done to my mother.

I am married with two beautiful daughters. my mother suffered from diabetes, bp and high cholesterol. She is on a special diets strictly no salt or too much sugar.

She came to stay with me because the person who was taking care of her wasn't doing her job properly so I had to bring her to my house so I will be monitoring her health.

I have a house help who prepares all her meals with less salt and she also makes sure she takes her medicines on time without fail.
Everything was fine, my mother is not a troublesome person, she gets on well with my wife and most of the time she is in her room resting.

On the 20th of December my house help had traveled to the village to see her people and she will be back in January 4th so my wife and I have to take care of my mother making sure that her foods is less salty and medicines on time.

Since I am always working so my wife had to take most of the responsibility. It is only for a week and fews days until the house help is back.

She had agreed to take care of my mother during this periods of time and I thought everything was fine but I noticed my mother become distant and tired unlike her and I had no idea that she was actually dying and I have never suspected that my wife was maltreating her.

So Thursday being 30th December I was at work when my wife called and asked me to join her at the hospital because mama had a seizure.

I rushed to the hospital and my mother was in a coma state and I asked her what happened to mama, she said mama woke up that morning complaining about shortage of breath and she told her to go back to bed and rest hoping she will be fine by the time she will wake up.
Only for mama to fall off the ground and started shaking with foam coming out of her mouth.

I was in panicked I couldn't stop praying for my mother to get better and I didn't leave the hospital, my wife went home to take care of the children because she has left them with the neighbour and I had spend all night prayer vigil at my mother's bedside and glory be to God my mother woke up yesterday being 31st but the doctor report was not a good news for me.

Actually my mother was poisoned with salt and guess who did it? My beloved wife couldn't bothered to cook a different meal for my mother, she used to feed her the same meal we ate knowing full well that mama cannot eat the same foods as us because we are salt lovers, especially my wife, she love eating too much salt which I have warned her over and over again because it is also not good for her health.

I confronted her, she said she only fed mama the same meals we ate twice only but according to the doctor it was more than two times.

I am hurt that my wife doesnt love my mother or treat her like her own mother because if she truly loved her like her own mother she would have put her diet on consideration and not allow her to eat the same meal as us. I love her mother and u treat her like my own mother.

It pains me a lot when I remember five years ago when her mother was in coma state and she was staying with her at the hospital, she is her only daughter amongst three boys.

I used to visit them everyday after work, I will bring foods and I have even washed her mother clothes with my own hands, I have done with love because she is my mother. I called my mother in law this morning and I have informed her about what her daughter has done to my mother and she couldn't stop apologising and she is very disappointed with my wife.

She has apologised to me and to my mother, I have forgave her but I don't think I can stay with her again because one day if I become sick or bedridden she might treat me the same way.

Honestly speaking I am not even at home with her and the kids, I am at my cousin brother's house since yesterday I left the hospital and my mother is still in the hospital because she needs more treatment and hopefully she will recover by next week.

I don't feel like going home today and I don't know when I'll go home but I will always be there for my girls because they are the best thing that ever happened to me.

What other advice would you give me on this situation? What are your thoughts? Thank you for reading all I love this community.

I think you're over reacting saying your wife poison your mother when she served your mother with the same food everybody ate in the house, she is not a doctor and she would not have known the effect of the food she gave your mother.

Please don't distroy your family because of emotion.

Taking care of your mother is voluntary and not by force or by right, encourage your wife to try to prepare different food for her.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Wife Poisoned My Mother With Salt by BarrElChapo(m): 10:44am On Jan 02, 2022
eyinjuege:
This your story get as e be.
I doubt the kind of salt that would make your mum have a seizure is one that anyone would be able to eat the meal, including your wife who likes salt. And this happened in about a week.
I would look into another cause for her seizures.
Hope she had a brain scan at the hospital because she might have suffered a stroke or ministroke.
Or was Mama having more than the number of tablets she should be having for her diabetes? Was she deliberately/unintentionally being overdosed on antidiabetic drugs that can cause low glucose, which in turn can cause seizures? Who is in charge of giving her the medicines? Can she be doing that by herself?
Or Mama has been avoiding eating food prepared by your wife because it's too salty, and she's still taking her diabetic medication on an empty stomach?
Please investigate further and ask your mum how she has been using her medicines.
It may be better to get her a weekly pill box with days of the week and times to take her medicine, so nobody gets confused about how she should be using her medicines

You're definitely crazy in the head.. look for another reason from where sir ? At a shrine or church.. man stop thinking like a sissy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Wife Poisoned My Mother With Salt by Emmanuel30a: 10:44am On Jan 02, 2022
Well, Your Mother Is Still Alive And Could Be Alive More Than Today. Since You Know The Problem As Probably The Inability Of Ur To Be Cooking Twice Per Meal, Then You Should Be Cooking For Your Mum Before You Go To Work In The Morning And Evening When You Would Come From Work Early( If U Think Or Said U Love Her) Pending The Arrival Of Your House Help. Chasing Ur Wife Away Or Ending Ur Marriage Could Be Your Worse Decision. Meanwhile, Thinking She( Ur Wife) Would Treat You The Same Way If You Fall Sick Eventually Is An Unneccessary Phobia. You Would Die Anyway, Anytime And Whichever Way. You Should And Probably Would Live Your Life Happily While You Are Stili Breathing.
Re: My Wife Poisoned My Mother With Salt by sammirano: 10:45am On Jan 02, 2022
Man! If you mind the stupid and foolish things, girls, advicing you to forgive your wife like nothing happened.i pity your destiny. The fact is you are thoughtful to have considered the future, that wife is not a wife actually. I advice you to see her in a diffrent light going forward, have a strong backup plan and protect your interest, you are simply living in a shared apartment with a neighbor. Be wise.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Wife Poisoned My Mother With Salt by arleck(m): 10:46am On Jan 02, 2022
Theonlysonofher:

Dump the sorry daughter of a biish angry angry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Wife Poisoned My Mother With Salt by BarrElChapo(m): 10:52am On Jan 02, 2022
correctyourself:

I think you're over reacting saying your wife poison your mother when she served your mother with the same food everybody ate in the house, she is not a doctor and she would not have known the effect of the food she gave your mother.

Please don't distroy your family because of emotion.

Taking care of your mother is voluntary and not by force or by right, encourage your wife to try to prepare different food for her.

Are you for real, how many times do you think the woman would have heard that his mom doesn't eat too much salt ? To the point that a separate person is hired and paid to prep the mother's food ?

Your last paragraph is just amazingly stupid, so if your sick mother comes to your home, taking care of her is voluntary ? some persons should have being aborted.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Wife Poisoned My Mother With Salt by DKM123: 10:53am On Jan 02, 2022
Grown up men and women who bring their family matter to nairaland that is full of touts and agberos and teenage boys, how do you do it?!

Anyway, divorce her for cooking for your mum the same food the family eats thinking that it's no big deal. Then start a new marriage and find that perfect woman..... This is the advice you crave and this is the advice you will get.

2 Likes

Re: My Wife Poisoned My Mother With Salt by muheeb01(m): 10:53am On Jan 02, 2022
Theonlysonofher:

it's totally left to you to forgive her if the thought won't keep coming back wether she did it deliberately or noylt,only God knows...cos these new generation girls really don't like their husband mother 90% of them,and that's the fact,I won't sugar coat anything,may God restructure your home...back to your mother's health,I believe we all have respective villages,and there are things our forefathers do then to take care of themselves even at old age that's still in existence,but our woke generation won't agree,all the ailments your mother is going through have total cure tradomedically and cure completely using herbs,even if it's not me,find someone that know leaves,back and roots very well,treat your mum with Herbs,specific fruits and leaves,and you'll thank me later,take care
Re: My Wife Poisoned My Mother With Salt by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 10:54am On Jan 02, 2022
dingbang:
grin

I have experienced a similar issue, i had this girl live with me for over three months. Omo, this babe and pepper be like twins. She cannot just live without pepper, as in, it is as if they cursed her to daydream about pepper. There has never been a day i didnt caution her about too much pepper in my food ...yet she would not change.

Until the d day..

She brought food for me to the office, the pepper was 100times more than the rice. When i ate the food, i cried. I was sweating, my hair pores on my head opened. It was as if my brain was evaporating out from my skull.

After close from work

I called her a witch, i shouted to her like never before, i made sure the neighbors heard my voice, i was mad, furious, in rage like the sun.

She saw the energy in me, and she changed for good. She never ever dared to pack pepper in the meals she cooked for me again.

Dear op, shout for your wife, let her experience the fierce nature of an angry lion. She will never misbehave again.

LMAO. grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Wife Poisoned My Mother With Salt by Nobody: 10:55am On Jan 02, 2022
GboyegaD:
Before you conclude on your next line of action, please try have a good talk to understand why. There's a possibility she believed that the level of salt wouldn't have any effect since it was just a few days. She could have been naive and not mean harm.

It was more than 2ce she used salt to prepare the food meaning it was intentional.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: My Wife Poisoned My Mother With Salt by kinguwem: 10:55am On Jan 02, 2022
Your mother had hypertensive encephalopathy. Eating salt for a week will not cause that. It results from chronic uncontrolled hypertension. The area of emphasis should be compliance with her antihypertensives.

The doctor did not counsel you & your mum properly. The wrong information is the cause of your furiosity. Your wife needs proper counseling on your mother's condition. Forgive her & look ahead for better days.

1 Like

Re: My Wife Poisoned My Mother With Salt by sageer1706(m): 10:59am On Jan 02, 2022
calmness0:
Op, This is a very serious matter.

I honestly don't think your wife deliberately intended to poison your mother.

I believe it was just laziness on her part to Cook separate meals.
Laziness that could have caused someone's death, do u think she will be that lazy if it where to be her mum?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Wife Poisoned My Mother With Salt by sammyranking(m): 11:01am On Jan 02, 2022
Double0h7:
People saying forgive her are better than me because I couldn't forgive such evil act. This isn't a thing you could just say sorry for. She put the life of someone so vulnerable in danger. Op, you don't have to forgive her. What you are feeling is normal because I feel so emotional and I don't even know your mum.
I can’t agree less it’s a nonchalant attitude from her, why would you use a human life to carry out experiments due to laziness. But she cares for much for her mum when her mum had Almost similar illnesses. lipsrsealed

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Wife Poisoned My Mother With Salt by sammyranking(m): 11:02am On Jan 02, 2022
sageer1706:

Laziness that could have caused someone's death, do u think she will be that lazy if it where to be her mum?
Exactly what I said above. If it were to be her mum she wouldn’t be lazy. Humans are wicked. sad

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Wife Poisoned My Mother With Salt by correctyourself(m): 11:02am On Jan 02, 2022
BarrElChapo:

Are you for real, how many times do you think the woman would have heard that his mom doesn't eat too much salt ? To the point that a separate person is hired and paid to prep the mother's food ?

Your last paragraph is just amazingly stupid, so if your sick mother comes to your home, taking care of her is voluntary some persons should have be aborted.

Black man with black idea. Have you ever seen a marriage document indicating that a woman is married to a man and his mother?
Re: My Wife Poisoned My Mother With Salt by Babastrong(m): 11:05am On Jan 02, 2022
[quote author=wirinet post=109010429]
My brother that one na before before. Now the internet is the best place to get plethora of advice and opinion from all sides. You get childish advice from kids, stupid advice from the inexperienced, but you also get solid advice from matured people, sometimes professionals you otherwise cannot afford. It is left for the person seeking advice to sieve the chaff from the wheat.

Nowadays family members are sometimes involved or emotionally invested with one side of the conflict and so cannot give a dispassionate advice.

[ Good!, just spotted a matured nairalander.
Re: My Wife Poisoned My Mother With Salt by BarrElChapo(m): 11:06am On Jan 02, 2022
correctyourself:

Black man with black idea.

White man with white ideas living in a black man's country. Fool .

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Wife Poisoned My Mother With Salt by mormoney85(m): 11:06am On Jan 02, 2022
Theonlysonofher:

this is not a reason to hate or fight ur wife, go and educate her on how to prepare your mother's food, she is a woman with kids she has plenty works to do in the house reason for her laziness go tell her that she doesn't even have to cook too dishes ,what she needs to do is to not add salt until the food is done then scoop ur moms food then add salt and boil the food for some seconds

3 Likes

Re: My Wife Poisoned My Mother With Salt by BlueOrion: 11:07am On Jan 02, 2022
Your wife didn't poison your mother.
She only did not take the situation as serious as she should have probably because of the stress involved in preparing two separate meals.
She's probably not wicked but most likely lazy

1 Like

Re: My Wife Poisoned My Mother With Salt by emmanuelbrown26: 11:08am On Jan 02, 2022
uthlaw:
don't mind all this useless SIMP...if the mum die in that process...
Don't mind those useless boys in men skin, I'm just wondering how they are painting it as if the wicked and heartless wife wanted to terminate mama life just like that, Jah forbid

1 Like

Re: My Wife Poisoned My Mother With Salt by correctyourself(m): 11:08am On Jan 02, 2022
BarrElChapo:

White man with white ideas living in a black man's country. Fool .

Sign of persons with low reasoning.
Re: My Wife Poisoned My Mother With Salt by AfroKnight: 11:10am On Jan 02, 2022
Theonlysonofher, No wife can lover her mother in law the way she loves her own mother.

The truth is she would not be this negligent with her own mother.

Sorry bro. Next time, please hire another help to relieve your present help. That way, there’s always someone around who can take good care of your mother.

This story really got to me. I don’t know what I’d do if it were my mother. It’s sad. Wishing your mother speedy recovery.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Wife Poisoned My Mother With Salt by sageer1706(m): 11:15am On Jan 02, 2022
sammyranking:

Exactly what I said above. If it were to be her mum she wouldn’t be lazy. Humans are wicked. sad
Very wicked and it's high time we start telling ourselves the truth

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Wife Poisoned My Mother With Salt by BarrElChapo(m): 11:15am On Jan 02, 2022
correctyourself:

Black man with black idea. Have you ever seen a marriage document indicating that a woman is married to a man and his mother?

White man with white ideas. You're definitely stupid not to know that there's something called "involuntary manslaughter".

You don't know that in the white man's world it's even the doctor that will report to the authorities if he/she notices any foul play.

Keep living in the movies.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Wife Poisoned My Mother With Salt by Shalommy(f): 11:16am On Jan 02, 2022
Men, whenever they wanna discuss issue of their women they'll put honey and sugar to make it sweeter. Chaii.. Mr man, your wife didn't poison your mom. It could be your mom wanted to eat the same meal. And have you asked your mom if your wife has ever forced her to eat any food before? Since your wife can't take good care of your mom, do it yourself. Stop the ALPHA claiming. Nonsense!!!
Re: My Wife Poisoned My Mother With Salt by correctyourself(m): 11:20am On Jan 02, 2022
BarrElChapo:

White man with white ideas. You're definitely stupid not to know that there's something called "involuntary manslaughter".

You don't know that in the white man's world it's even the doctor that will report to the authorities if he/she notices any foul play.

Keep living in the movies.

Master of insult.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

A Strange Woman In My Home.. How Do I Go About It?? / South African Man Replies Troll Who Criticized His Wife's Beach Outfit / How true about this in Marriage ( See Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 140
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.