Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,546 members, 7,955,026 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 02:48 PM

I Really Don't Know What To Do. Please Help A Sister. - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / I Really Don't Know What To Do. Please Help A Sister. (34935 Views)

If You Have A Sister, Daughter That Lives In A Parish, Tell Her To Come Home / I Am Falling In Love With My Course Mate Really Don't Know What To Do About It / See What Girls Of Nowadays Do. I'm Happy I Don't Have A Sister (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Really Don't Know What To Do. Please Help A Sister. by gbagyiza: 3:42pm On Feb 10, 2022
I did not bother to read your submission but I will advice that you do all it takes to settle them if you truly love him. This is your first critical assignment to conduct to prove your capability to unit your family if you ended up marrying him.

1 Like

Re: I Really Don't Know What To Do. Please Help A Sister. by Spherical77(m): 3:42pm On Feb 10, 2022
AroOkigbo:
You call it a quit?
Be ready but why wait till month-end? You think say to get another man dey easy? Better stick with him and be ready to take long period of malice in the future like with his dad.
getting another man is way too easy and cheap. You'd rather say getting a good and reasonable man is hard to come by
Re: I Really Don't Know What To Do. Please Help A Sister. by rickleye: 3:46pm On Feb 10, 2022
There is no story here.
I've been keeping malice with the old man for 13 years. What's new !!!

3 Likes

Re: I Really Don't Know What To Do. Please Help A Sister. by MartinsD12(m): 3:46pm On Feb 10, 2022
Jennyclay:
Good afternoon nairalanders and Happy new year to everyone. I promise to be brief.

My fiance and I hv been dating for 2 years. He's doing well for himself, he's humble, he's quick to apologize even when you're at fault. He calls his mom and siblings regularly, but he don't talk to his Dad. If I ask, he would say forget about him

My fiance has been keeping malice with his father for 3 years now. I don't know what transpired between them because he would never tell me. He act like his father doesn't exist.

His mom and I do talk on phone once in a while. Yesterday I called her to wish her happy new year, we spoke well and she prayed for me. Abt 10 mins later she called back, but this time she was crying, She explained how his son has not been talking to his Father, she said this year 2022 would make it 3 years, she said they have called elders and pastors to talk to him but all to no avail. She said It would be her greatest joy if I also help her talk to him since he loves me so much. We were on the phone for over 45min.

Nairalanders, he's coming to seek my hand in marriage by March but I'm scared and here are my reasons. 1) His he pretending to be nice to me 2) what if we have little misunderstanding when we get married will he forgive me or keep malice with me for years

I was so angry at him, I told him that I'm giving him now till month end to reconcile every conflict or dispute he has with his father else I'm calling our relationship a quit, because this character seems to be a redflag to me. He started begging me, he said I don't understand yet he's not telling me anything.

I'm really confused. Please help a sister.
You can't force him to reconcile with his father you don't know what transpired with them what you will do is find out from him to tell you the truth he is been keeping malice with his father , if he really loves you he will open up then try to see how the Matter can be resolved but don't use force here three years keeping malice means something huge might have caused it , some father's are irresponsible people
Re: I Really Don't Know What To Do. Please Help A Sister. by Sterope(f): 3:48pm On Feb 10, 2022
The only problem is that he hasn't told you what transpired, he owes you that. Anything else, mind your business.
Jennyclay:
I came from a respectful home and I can't imagine myself or my brothers keeping malice with my dad.

What if he restrict me from calling his father and I refused, won't their be problem? I'm so scared. I don't want my future in-laws to look at me like a witch or something...
Re: I Really Don't Know What To Do. Please Help A Sister. by ceejay80s(m): 3:48pm On Feb 10, 2022
after4:
fine girl, i support you on this, your concerns are very valid. you need to force him to tell you what the matter is because if he can keep malice with his father, he can do it to you. Tell him your fears, why you want to know. It is possible his father betrayed his trust, maybe slept with his girlfriend and he felt he cannot forgive the man. you should know so as to rightly take your decision. as for marriage, if you finally decide to marry him, just try to know his red line and don't cross it as this kind of people get line wey you should not cross. after he has told you, try contacting the father to be sure what your boyfriend told you is correct and to also hear from your father as you cant shave a man in his absence. Tell your boyfriend you need this info to take a decision if to marry him or not. marriage nah for better for worse oh, forget wetin you dey see people do.
U had to check her nairaland profile image before u commented
Re: I Really Don't Know What To Do. Please Help A Sister. by Divoc19(f): 3:49pm On Feb 10, 2022
Red Flag Alert

1 Like

Re: I Really Don't Know What To Do. Please Help A Sister. by Oyiboman69: 3:53pm On Feb 10, 2022
Jennyclay:
I came from a respectful home and I can't imagine myself or my brothers keeping malice with my dad.

What if he restrict me from calling his father and I refused, won't their be problem? I'm so scared. I don't want my future in-laws to look at me like a witch or something...
your story be as get...your mother in-law to be don't know the story,your boyfriend won't tell you. the best option now is to quietly go to his father and ask him what transpired and explain who you are to him without hiding anything from him either.make up your mind for whatever the outcome will be even if it meant you not marrying him because, I bet a lot of secrets will be unfold during your adventure... good luck....

1 Like

Re: I Really Don't Know What To Do. Please Help A Sister. by ArcSEMPECJ(m): 3:56pm On Feb 10, 2022
Ammishaddai:
This is someone that's jobless . And I wont put it past the usual jobless ladies of Nairaland. Examples would be Siofra , Illamina and one other banshee that's probably gonna report me for derailing her thread. But that's her fvcking way of expressing stupidity

Some people really carry Nairaland as a certificate.....Serious?
You know them by their monikers ?
Re: I Really Don't Know What To Do. Please Help A Sister. by rickleye: 4:01pm On Feb 10, 2022
Jennyclay:
Good afternoon nairalanders and Happy new year to everyone. I promise to be brief.

My fiance and I hv been dating for 2 years. He's doing well for himself, he's humble, he's quick to apologize even when you're at fault. He calls his mom and siblings regularly, but he don't talk to his Dad. If I ask, he would say forget about him

My fiance has been keeping malice with his father for 3 years now. I don't know what transpired between them because he would never tell me. He act like his father doesn't exist.

His mom and I do talk on phone once in a while. Yesterday I called her to wish her happy new year, we spoke well and she prayed for me. Abt 10 mins later she called back, but this time she was crying, She explained how his son has not been talking to his Father, she said this year 2022 would make it 3 years, she said they have called elders and pastors to talk to him but all to no avail. She said It would be her greatest joy if I also help her talk to him since he loves me so much. We were on the phone for over 45min.

Nairalanders, he's coming to seek my hand in marriage by March but I'm scared and here are my reasons. 1) His he pretending to be nice to me 2) what if we have little misunderstanding when we get married will he forgive me or keep malice with me for years

I was so angry at him, I told him that I'm giving him now till month end to reconcile every conflict or dispute he has with his father else I'm calling our relationship a quit, because this character seems to be a redflag to me. He started begging me, he said I don't understand yet he's not telling me anything.

Are you marrying the man or his father.
I would ask the mother with whom you are close - what the story is ?

Personally, I haven't spoken to my old man in 13 years - I send allowance to the family, my g/f talks to him. Life goes on.

Do not open a shaken bottle of soda if you are not equipped to deal with the mess.
My advise let sleeping dogs lie and concentrate of your relationship & marriage.

What you may not see or know is that
- He may have seen the dad hurt his mum and was unapologetic.
- His dad hurt him and was unapologetic -
- He is breaking a cycle of something and wants nothing to do with the OG. -Doesn't want to become like the dad.

If you truly think he's the one, don't dangle/loose/sacrifice all the time you have invested in the relationship because he isn't talking with his dad.

5 Likes

Re: I Really Don't Know What To Do. Please Help A Sister. by treatise: 4:04pm On Feb 10, 2022
Jennyclay:

You're likely next on the line, your fiancee na wetin i nor fit describe.

1 Like

Re: I Really Don't Know What To Do. Please Help A Sister. by Nobody: 4:06pm On Feb 10, 2022
That's not going to be the best husband even if he forgives his Dad.

Keeping malice with his Dad for up to 3 years is a major red flag from a personality benchmark standpoint

My advise is that you end the relationship regardless.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Really Don't Know What To Do. Please Help A Sister. by charlesremigius(m): 4:06pm On Feb 10, 2022
Dear,my advice to you is to find a way or secretly visit the dad for more explanation

1 Like

Re: I Really Don't Know What To Do. Please Help A Sister. by Rawtruth1: 4:07pm On Feb 10, 2022
Jennyclay:

My response to the above goes thus.

Firstly, we thank God for you because you are wise.
Secondly, which marriage are you thinking about when his father won't be there, who is coming to your parents?
It's only a s*tupid f*ool that will ever agree to marry such a wicked fellow who by his actions against his father, is cursed according to the Bible and culture of Africa.

"Honour your father.....that thy days may be long on earth" By the above scripture, he certainly will die young.

Again, examine his mother critically, she might be the one that initially planted the hate spirit against his father in him through story telling, lies, bias and whisperings which have taken root in the once innocent boy.

My candid advice, run for your life. Anyone that can hate his father, the blood that brought him to the world can kill you without blinking the eyes.

AVOID HIM LIKE A PLAQUE

Re: I Really Don't Know What To Do. Please Help A Sister. by Spherical77(m): 4:08pm On Feb 10, 2022
frozen70:

Since he is keeping the quarrel with his dad an open secret, what happens if it were to be you, will he still be stubborn about it

Well, if he comes for your hand in marriage, tell your family to ask him about his dad and if he says he is alive, let them go to the father as inlaw to be and find out what the problem is

You can't keep such a sensitive ids away from your family
Who knows, your marriage with him can save the situation

But you too can still visit the father to find out what led to such nonsense
Jennyclay this is also a good suggestion, please take note of it.

1 Like

Re: I Really Don't Know What To Do. Please Help A Sister. by Newboss(m): 4:10pm On Feb 10, 2022
Mind your business. His family is not your family. Know your place.
Re: I Really Don't Know What To Do. Please Help A Sister. by Nobody: 4:12pm On Feb 10, 2022
Jennyclay:

Forget about him like he said. Period!

My fiance has been keeping malice with his father for 3 years now. I don't know what transpired between them because he would never tell me. He acts like his father doesn't exist.

His mom and I do talk on the phone once in a while. Yesterday I called her to wish her happy new year, we spoke well and she prayed for me. Abt 10 mins later she called back, but this time she was crying, She explained how his son has not been talking to his Father, she said this year 2022 would make it 3 years, she said they have called elders and pastors to talk to him but all to no avail. She said It would be her greatest joy if I also help her talk to him since he loves me so much. We were on the phone for over 45min.
Ask his mom the real cause. If she doesn't tell you or she denies it, then, there is something strong there. Do not let anyone use "cry cry" put you into what you do not know about.

If this bothers you, hold on with your marriage and try to know the cause of the friction, but not through him. There is no point forcing him. If you do, it will affect your relationship with him. You may think you did what is right, but you will "hear it" later. That bitterness will be transferred to you. I am telling you the truth. I see that this thread is in Jan. If you have done it.... sorry oooo. The guy may just be laughing at you now. Hmmmm. Ok oo.

You better relax and don't force him to tell you what your ears aren't supposed to hear. Ok ooo. I just hope you are alright cos this thread is a bit old.

You need to hold on with your marriage or introduction if you are bothered.

Jennyclay:
That has got nothing to do with it. There is something strong. Maybe his mom also doesn't know about it. Ok. Let's assume he caught him cheating on his mom, do you expect him to tell his mom? Do you expect him to tell you? His silence is what is checking his dad. See eh! What a matured mind can keep inside is deep. So, if you are his joy starts mounting pressure on him, you are the one devil wan use ooo.

So? Someone is not talking to his dad and you want to carry the phone dey call him. It seems you aren't matured. So, you think your relationship depends on his relationship with his people? Are you marrying his dad or mom? Lol. This is the mistake Nigerians make. You are already carrying your own family into that marriage. The normal issue is you cut off with your family too. Not saying you cut off finally, but all these emotions and bla bla bla...you don't imagine your bro having malice with your dad...what that heck is your business with that when you have your own family? We should know how to mind our business and when boundaries should be set. The moment you marry him, the right thing is to set boundaries with your own family. That's your ex-nuclear family. You have a new nuclear family.

This is what I would do?
If I were you, I would focus solely on him. I would pray about him. As soon as I heard from God that he is the one, nothing else matters to me. But many in Nigeria go to pastors and imams to pray for them and choose. Imagine asking an external person to choose who will be bleeping you. Lol. Na waooo.

This is the solution. As soon as you can't hear from God, confusion...confusion.. confusion. Everything else you do is guesswork.

There is something strong there, and it is not in your place to force him to say it. Or if he catches his father in a ritualist place, do you think he will be stupid enough to tell you? You just want to turn him into a liar. You also cannot tell anyone that cos you know that's the end of the relationship. So, just allow him to be himself. You don't force anyone to say such.

His mom is the one to blame. If she doesn't know how to press his son to get what is wrong, then, he is not supposed to be called a mother. This is the truth. And it is why you need to be careful. This is your man and he is handling his business the way he thinks is ok for him.

My dear, if you know you cant agree with this, and you must know the truth, leave the boy oooo. Just leave him alone. And if you know your mind wont be at rest cos you must know what doesn't concern you by fire by force, leave him. Cos if I were you, I wouldn't even behave as if his father exists too. The day he says ok...ooo my father is alive and let's go visit him, I would use my two legs and kneel to greet him...hug him and call him papa. Simple.

If you call the relationship off, it is your choice. Just make sure you do not regret it in the future. You aren't his papa. It is non of your business.

Goodluck ma!

2 Likes

Re: I Really Don't Know What To Do. Please Help A Sister. by leobergy(m): 4:13pm On Feb 10, 2022
People that grew up in good homes will never understand why it is hard to forgive a parent who hurts their children.
My dad is a rich business man who abuses his own family even till this very day,Just last year,a week after my elder brother’s burial(he chased my brother away from home after his nysc to go fend for himself but he died at his friend’s place due to an illness), he accused my mum of adultery before our kinsmen and wanted to divorce her.
Mind you my younger brothers were there,I was filled with rage that we exchanged words. All the kinsmen can say was that I should kneel down and beg him which I didn’t do,I just left the next day and I have been struggling on my own since then.
My dad have been beating my mum even in our presence since we were kids and did many other terrible things but no one has even tried to stop him since he is rich.
I have forgiven many things but accusing my gentle mum of such nonsense before other people not even up to a week after my bro was buried is where he crossed the line.
All this have affected me negatively but am quite doing my best and hoping on God but when some people keep telling me that he is my father and I should forgive him no matter what,I just look at them as people that are lucky not to be in my shoes because some might have killed their dad if they were treated so.
To the op
Life is complicated,he might be trying to protect you though it’s important he tells you the truth. I just want you to know that it’s not in every case that a son must have to apologize to his father,some people have condemned themselves no matter how you try can never change them
It’s better to avoid evil people and move on than trying to please the public and invite a demon into your life.

8 Likes

Re: I Really Don't Know What To Do. Please Help A Sister. by Babisha10(m): 4:14pm On Feb 10, 2022
Who knows wether he found out that his father attempted to abort him i might be wrong tho....
Re: I Really Don't Know What To Do. Please Help A Sister. by mercy87(f): 4:15pm On Feb 10, 2022
BluntCrazeMan:
1. Did I speak too much grammar in my comment.?

2. Did I in any way say (or suggest) that you're a street girl?

3. The words “Animal”, “low-life”, “zero dead brain” are for what exactly??
Did I insult you in my comment?

4. Didn't you understand the solution I tried giving you in my comment?
(Or I did something bad in trying to give a solution to you? Or that my help is not needed??)
Go back.. Try to read to the end.. Read and Understand before commenting.
Anyway, in case you didn't understand,, I am trying to tell you that you have to know the cause of the malice first.

As in.....i dont understand why she insulted you or is it a mistake? God bless you for responding calmly.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Really Don't Know What To Do. Please Help A Sister. by phemmyfour: 4:15pm On Feb 10, 2022
Jennyclay:

That's a big red flag there....put the wedding on hold until you know everything that transpire between him and his father.

2. Tell him to stop praying cos the prayers of unforgiving ones cannot be answered

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Really Don't Know What To Do. Please Help A Sister. by peacettw: 4:15pm On Feb 10, 2022
This is nothing.
Re: I Really Don't Know What To Do. Please Help A Sister. by prophetfire: 4:16pm On Feb 10, 2022
Jennyclay:

. Your decision is right. Try and have a direct conversation with his father through his mother and hear from the man. This your guy wey get this kain mind na die be that. It's a serious red flag. If he can't budge to the tears of his mum, na im be say he go take palmoil fry you if una get issues later in life.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Really Don't Know What To Do. Please Help A Sister. by RosyIsBlessed: 4:19pm On Feb 10, 2022
Jennyclay:

Any woman or man that can have the mind to keep malice with his or her own biological parent(s) for whatever reason in the world, will do same or even worse to you in future. A word is enough for the wise.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Really Don't Know What To Do. Please Help A Sister. by 1Sharon(f): 4:24pm On Feb 10, 2022
2special:
How can that be a red flag, probably you don't know red flag, you better stick to the guy.

If your fiancée wasn't talking to her mother for 3 years would you just stick to her?

1 Like

Re: I Really Don't Know What To Do. Please Help A Sister. by charlsecy(m): 4:27pm On Feb 10, 2022
Ammishaddai:
Account that was created less than a day ago ? Mcthww. This is just another attention-seeking moniker who's completely jobless on a Sunday
Not great wisdom is contained in your post!
Re: I Really Don't Know What To Do. Please Help A Sister. by Memyselfu2009(m): 4:37pm On Feb 10, 2022
Red flag
Tell him if he really loves you he would do the thing right thing.

Tell him that's your wedding present you want from him.

Jennyclay:

Re: I Really Don't Know What To Do. Please Help A Sister. by Spherical77(m): 4:40pm On Feb 10, 2022
GoodHardDick:

Completely useless and stupid story!!!

Fake story and besides I'm surprised you want to get married. I thought feminist movement don't allow marriage to men angry

Wetin happen? Are you tired of being a feminist?
who told you feminist doesn't encourage marriage? Ofcourse They do. They marry men of likes mind not men who doesn't believe in mutual love and respect. Not men who sees women as a second fiddle or an option. Not men who feels entitled believing they are doing women favour in marrying them. Not men who demand for respect forgetting respect are earned

2 Likes

Re: I Really Don't Know What To Do. Please Help A Sister. by unmask: 4:43pm On Feb 10, 2022
Jennyclay:

obviously he is protecting his father from disgrace and at the same time angry with whatever he did. Eg, might have caught his father with the maid or in an hotel or even heard he raped someone. At the appointed time he will talk
Re: I Really Don't Know What To Do. Please Help A Sister. by Enemyofpeace: 4:46pm On Feb 10, 2022
Op iyawo wa! You no be like Elonmuskbaby
Re: I Really Don't Know What To Do. Please Help A Sister. by Charly68: 4:48pm On Feb 10, 2022
If he has no good relationship with his father , he can't father you from where your Dad stopped .. neither can he develop a good relationship with God the father .. run for a better man

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Lady Who Demanded N20k From Her 'Toaster' To Prove His Love For Her, Reacts / Describe Your Type Of Man: Nigerian Ladies React (Video) / Blazer Blaze Joeblaze, Sierra Leonean Singer Weds Older White Woman

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 124
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.