Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,851 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:11 PM

I Really Don't Know What To Do. Please Help A Sister. - Romance (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / I Really Don't Know What To Do. Please Help A Sister. (34541 Views)

I Am Falling In Love With My Course Mate Really Don't Know What To Do About It / See What Girls Of Nowadays Do. I'm Happy I Don't Have A Sister / I Really Don't Understand The Girl (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Really Don't Know What To Do. Please Help A Sister. by DeepSight(m): 6:44pm On Feb 10, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Again, try to stay away from topics you have little to no understanding of to begin with. Nothing of your dealings with your parents have to do with the Kingdom of God is what Jesus Christ teaches. undecided

The Old Covenant Law of Moses was given instead as national constitution to those of the Nation of Israel, a nation that is of this here world and that contracts only bind those descended from the blood of Jacob, and the strangers that live among them in the land. undecided

I am obviously not the sick one here since you are the one assuming children slaves of their parents. In other cultures around the world, parents infact owe their children an inheritance when they die. This is closer to the culture of the israelites in the bible than the hogwash you spew of how you owe your own parents for taking the responsibility that is you. undecided

You owe your parents nothing but happy to quip about how in other cultures parents owe you an inheritance.
You're simply twisted upstairs.
You should be isolated from civilization.
Sicko.
Re: I Really Don't Know What To Do. Please Help A Sister. by Kobojunkie: 6:46pm On Feb 10, 2022
DeepSight:
You owe your parents nothing but happy to quip about how in other cultures parents owe you an inheritance.
You're simply twisted upstairs.
You should be isolated from civilization.
Sicko.
Quip? No, simply stating that your culture is not the all and all out there. undecided

Just so you know, if you don't already realize it by now, insulting me oy proves that you are indeed as small-minded as you appear and were probably raised. undecided

1 Like

Re: I Really Don't Know What To Do. Please Help A Sister. by Nobody: 6:47pm On Feb 10, 2022
Spherical77:
As in eh, some people will be busy doing evil, committing crime and atrocities but alwalways have it at the back of their mind say na forgiveness go end am. They will start preaching to eer is human and forgive is divine. I wonder if these people think others too don't know how to do evil or comit crime and ask for forgiveness. Seriously we Africans still have a long way to go

Don't mind the fools.

I go the extra mile to avoid offending people intentionally and otherwise. Because I live by the Golden Rule. Even where I Bleep up, I would be extremely penitent and would go the extra mile to seek forgiveness and atonement..nit even with a sense of entitlement.

A lot of people intentionally do lots of malicious damage to others without remorse, and then later they will cry to forgive is divine. They're all mad. All of them. Actions have consequences, good or bad.

2 Likes

Re: I Really Don't Know What To Do. Please Help A Sister. by LesbianBoy(m): 6:50pm On Feb 10, 2022
I knew it!

I knew your "concern" was selfish!

Typical angry angry angry angry angry angry

And the man sef na ode! This life is short if he has sense he should forgive his father and move on
Re: I Really Don't Know What To Do. Please Help A Sister. by DeepSight(m): 6:51pm On Feb 10, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Quip? No, simply stating that your culture is not the all and all out there. undecided

Just so you know, if you don't already realize it by now, insulting me oy proves that you are indeed as small-minded as you appear and were probably raised. undecided

Insult ke? Far be it from me to point out that you are the filthiest and most depraved scum of the earth, worth less than the sweat from the balls of an orangutan, and a complete waste of the energies of your forebears.

I would never say such.
I am too polite.
Re: I Really Don't Know What To Do. Please Help A Sister. by Kobojunkie: 6:52pm On Feb 10, 2022
DeepSight:
Insult ke? Far be it from me to point out that you are the filthiest and most depraved scum of the earth, worth less than the sweat from the balls of an orangutan, and a complete waste of the energies of your forebears.

I would never say such.
I am too polite.
Again, Quip? No, simply stating that your culture is not the all and all out there. undecided

1 Like

Re: I Really Don't Know What To Do. Please Help A Sister. by dannex4adx(m): 6:54pm On Feb 10, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Where do you get these bullsheet ideas from abeg? undecided

100s of thousands, world over, wed each year without even a family member present at the occasion and they go on to enjoy marital bliss after it all. Why is it that it is when you Nigerians are involved that disorder becomes the order of the day? undecided

You're still a baby! You don't know anything.
Re: I Really Don't Know What To Do. Please Help A Sister. by Kobojunkie: 6:57pm On Feb 10, 2022
dannex4adx:
You're still a baby! You don't know anything.
ROFLMAO
grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Haven't been called a baby in a very long while. undecided

So you don’t think me a baby for admitting that these ideas are hogwash after all is said and done? undecided
Re: I Really Don't Know What To Do. Please Help A Sister. by drnoel: 7:00pm On Feb 10, 2022
Simran94:

Then she can as well move on from the guy.
Couples aren’t meant to keep secrets from each other. Secrets ends up destroying a home.

Home. Which home? You are moving too fast. He hasn't married her yet, he is only going now to do something on her head so which home is it that you are talking about.
Women should attempt to restrict themselves to the position they have being allowed at every point in time.
She has no say in the matter till he gives her a say.
Re: I Really Don't Know What To Do. Please Help A Sister. by deebrownneymar: 7:09pm On Feb 10, 2022
Bleep off bitch! Other lucky girls dey na. You go find husband tire. Dem go Bleep you tire still no husband
Jennyclay:
Good afternoon nairalanders and Happy new year to everyone. I promise to be brief.

My fiance and I hv been dating for 2 years. He's doing well for himself, he's humble, he's quick to apologize even when you're at fault. He calls his mom and siblings regularly, but he don't talk to his Dad. If I ask, he would say forget about him

My fiance has been keeping malice with his father for 3 years now. I don't know what transpired between them because he would never tell me. He act like his father doesn't exist.

His mom and I do talk on phone once in a while. Yesterday I called her to wish her happy new year, we spoke well and she prayed for me. Abt 10 mins later she called back, but this time she was crying, She explained how his son has not been talking to his Father, she said this year 2022 would make it 3 years, she said they have called elders and pastors to talk to him but all to no avail. She said It would be her greatest joy if I also help her talk to him since he loves me so much. We were on the phone for over 45min.

Nairalanders, he's coming to seek my hand in marriage by March but I'm scared and here are my reasons. 1) His he pretending to be nice to me 2) what if we have little misunderstanding when we get married will he forgive me or keep malice with me for years

I was so angry at him, I told him that I'm giving him now till month end to reconcile every conflict or dispute he has with his father else I'm calling our relationship a quit, because this character seems to be a redflag to me. He started begging me, he said I don't understand yet he's not telling me anything.

I'm really confused. Please help a sister.
Re: I Really Don't Know What To Do. Please Help A Sister. by Nobody: 7:16pm On Feb 10, 2022
Jennyclay:
Good afternoon nairalanders and Happy new year to everyone. I promise to be brief.

My fiance and I hv been dating for 2 years. He's doing well for himself, he's humble, he's quick to apologize even when you're at fault. He calls his mom and siblings regularly, but he don't talk to his Dad. If I ask, he would say forget about him

My fiance has been keeping malice with his father for 3 years now. I don't know what transpired between them because he would never tell me. He act like his father doesn't exist.

His mom and I do talk on phone once in a while. Yesterday I called her to wish her happy new year, we spoke well and she prayed for me. Abt 10 mins later she called back, but this time she was crying, She explained how his son has not been talking to his Father, she said this year 2022 would make it 3 years, she said they have called elders and pastors to talk to him but all to no avail. She said It would be her greatest joy if I also help her talk to him since he loves me so much. We were on the phone for over 45min.

Nairalanders, he's coming to seek my hand in marriage by March but I'm scared and here are my reasons. 1) His he pretending to be nice to me 2) what if we have little misunderstanding when we get married will he forgive me or keep malice with me for years

I was so angry at him, I told him that I'm giving him now till month end to reconcile every conflict or dispute he has with his father else I'm calling our relationship a quit, because this character seems to be a redflag to me. He started begging me, he said I don't understand yet he's not telling me anything.

If he can't forgive his father who are you that he will forgive you? Forgiveness is key to any relationship because one must offend the other. If he can't forgive his dad then forget him and move. If possible just forget him.
Re: I Really Don't Know What To Do. Please Help A Sister. by efficiencie(m): 7:24pm On Feb 10, 2022
Jennyclay:

Here are my points. Think this through and leave sentiments.

1. By your own admission your man is "humble and quick to apologise even when you are at fault". This is a clear indication that your man does not keep malice and that he has a heart of flesh.

2. By implication, something happened 3 years ago that must have broken the father-son relationship and it is either the mom is aware and she is hiding it from you or she is unaware of it.

3. By implication, your man is clearly not the offender in this secret matter it is his Dad because if your man were the offender the family would have rejected him. If your man's relations with members of the family, except the Dad, is good and none is rejecting him then it means the Dad must have done something horribly wrong and your man is privy to it.

4. By your admission, several people have been invited to address the feud to no avail. This means that what happened is highly secretive and must be seriously bad for a guy who is humble and forgiving to keep this feud for this long.

5. By implication, your man is keeping the secret away from you for a reason and that reason is in your best interest. If this is a guy that is humble and forgiving as you claimed then he would easily have revealed to you what really happened but he insists on not doing so.

6. You are getting married to the guy and not his father or his family. You are privy to secrets of your man but not those of his family. Just as your man has no right to demand that you reveal your family secrets.

In conclusion, I will advise you to not play the fool. Your man is a good man by your own admission and he has serious and secretive issues with his Dad. I will advise you to go on with the relationship, keep your nose out of his family affairs, submit to his lead and support him. If you foolishly ditch this guy ehn e go shock you sey another babe go hijack am at the speed of light while you return back to Shiloh fasting and praying for man. Wise up.

2 Likes

Re: I Really Don't Know What To Do. Please Help A Sister. by Konjiboi: 8:15pm On Feb 10, 2022
That's a major red flag. Cut off the relationship.

Even if he reconciles before March as you gave him the ultimatum, he won't be doing it from his heart but because he wants to get married.

A man who can do such with his own father? Young lady, you're in shark-infested water.

And he's also secretive. He doesn't want to tell you what transpired. Such a man can undo and do.

A broken relationship is better than a broken marriage. Don't rush into marriage because you think you're getting old or because you've been with him for 2 years.

You can rush into marriage and rush out too if it's with the wrong person.

Be wise.

God Bless you.
Re: I Really Don't Know What To Do. Please Help A Sister. by Godbless3(m): 8:15pm On Feb 10, 2022
You are using fire for fire babe... Their family members knows what transpire between them and if that what his mother want you to help to settle at least the mother should give you a headstart on whats the problem and you can talk to him over at his place rather than forcing him to just because he loves you.
Re: I Really Don't Know What To Do. Please Help A Sister. by Ephemmm: 8:18pm On Feb 10, 2022
Jennyclay:
I came from a respectful home and I can't imagine myself or my brothers keeping malice with my dad.

What if he restrict me from calling his father and I refused, won't their be problem? I'm so scared. I don't want my future in-laws to look at me like a witch or something...

Stop forming champion because you have not heard his own part of the story. Instead, persuade him to forgive and forget and also make him realize that everybody can errs.

Our parents do wrong sometimes, but we still have to forgive.

Settle this amicably with your guy and win the everlasting trophy of glorification in that family.
Re: I Really Don't Know What To Do. Please Help A Sister. by GloShare(m): 8:32pm On Feb 10, 2022
Giving your man an ultimatum is a dumb move.

If it were me, I'll let you do your worst.

As a wise woman, you're supposed to try to see things from his angle, then plead with him, not an ultimatum.
Re: I Really Don't Know What To Do. Please Help A Sister. by therealMcCain: 8:48pm On Feb 10, 2022
superCleanworks:
it is kind of an incomplete story.. if You had a 45 mins phone call with the mother of the boy and she could not tell you what the father did to make the boy go into ghost mode. it is common for men (father and son) to have disagreements but 3 years? the sins of the father must be too damaging for the mother to even tell you what it is.
so how about the father? or is it only the mother you say hello to? did the mother ever mention what the cause of the matter is or is she only after termination of malice? because if the root cause is not addressed then there will NEVER EVER be actual peace and the hatred will always exist even if they start to exchange words again and this is still as good as malice.

firstly, you can not enter such a contaminated circle without knowing what is really going on. so no wedding talks for now

so i think the wiser path to follow would be for you to make the guy tell you what happened.
when he eventually tells you what happened, DO NOT make the mistake of downplaying his reasons no matter how stuupid the reasons may seem to you. instead, you should pay attention and plead on behalf of his father. forcing him to end malice will only generate hidden hatred which is more dangerous.

Jennyclay

Listen to the above advise very well. in nigeria, you marry a family and not just a man. if you were abroad, you can go ahead.

your story has k-leg, when the mum asked for your intervention, why didnt you ask her what the issue was, why didnt you tell her he has refused to tell you what transpired. we await your answer on this.

in all of this, choose your battle carefully, there some family issues you shouldnt get your self involved in and you must make sure such issues are fully and completely thrashed out before you say i do.
Re: I Really Don't Know What To Do. Please Help A Sister. by dannex4adx(m): 8:52pm On Feb 10, 2022
Kobojunkie:
ROFLMAO

So you don’t think me a baby for admitting that these ideas are hogwash after all is said and done? undecided

Oyaaa Pele! Biggest boy ever liveth grin
Re: I Really Don't Know What To Do. Please Help A Sister. by dannex4adx(m): 8:58pm On Feb 10, 2022
Kobojunkie:
ROFLMAO

Oyaaa pele! Biggest boy ever liveth
Re: I Really Don't Know What To Do. Please Help A Sister. by President2001(m): 9:04pm On Feb 10, 2022
Jennyclay:

Is not your business to threaten him, you can only persuade him with some point don't be a defender on issue that not concerned you

Re: I Really Don't Know What To Do. Please Help A Sister. by Nobody: 9:12pm On Feb 10, 2022
drnoel:

Home. Which home? You are moving too fast. He hasn't married her yet, he is only going now to do something on her head so which home is it that you are talking about.
Women should attempt to restrict themselves to the position they have being allowed at every point in time.
She has no say in the matter till he gives her a say.
Read my post again and understand carefully.
He and his mom want to go and meet her parents, which means he wants to ask for her hand in marriage. What happens after this? Wedding plans will begin
Some people were saying she should go ahead and marry the guy like that and she shouldn’t interfere in his issue with his dad. What I said is that if she ends up marrying that guy without knowing the reason why he hates his father this much, then their marriage might not last because there will be secrets between them and secrets destroys a home.

Why would any reasonable woman marry into a family where there is hatred and lots of secrets? Her own marriage with the guy will definitely be at risk too.
Re: I Really Don't Know What To Do. Please Help A Sister. by HilcomTech(m): 9:25pm On Feb 10, 2022
Jennyclay, go and remove your picture from your profile page. You want the whole world to see your dirty line abi?
Re: I Really Don't Know What To Do. Please Help A Sister. by JimmyfixDesigns: 9:39pm On Feb 10, 2022
Jennyclay:

Run ooooo. Na Goddey show you sign so.
Re: I Really Don't Know What To Do. Please Help A Sister. by TeeFriz: 9:39pm On Feb 10, 2022
You see ladies and self centrism A mother called you to help intercede and all you could think of is to apply it to yourself and your relationship with your fiance. Do these people think? Even gave him ultimatum Nawa o.

Even if he isn't telling you what transpired between him and his dad, there should be other ways to get answers and know how best to bring peace between them. After all the mom brought the issue to you, why can't you start with her?

You don't even know what the dad did or what could have happened! Nawa o

May we marry knowledgeable wives o
Re: I Really Don't Know What To Do. Please Help A Sister. by Irishrena1(f): 9:57pm On Feb 10, 2022
Ask his mom for details. If she can't tell you then her husband might have done something she's ashamed of
Re: I Really Don't Know What To Do. Please Help A Sister. by Dextre(m): 10:04pm On Feb 10, 2022
Jennyclay:

You ladies can make rash decisions sha. You gave him an ultimatum, just imagine nonsense yarns. As his partner, you should sit him down and try to hear him out, talmbout giving ultimatum, God nor allow you use your hand end your relationship, your eye go clear then
Re: I Really Don't Know What To Do. Please Help A Sister. by drnoel: 10:04pm On Feb 10, 2022
Simran94:

Read my post again and understand carefully.
He and his mom want to go and meet her parents, which means he wants to ask for her hand in marriage. What happens after this? Wedding plans will begin
Some people were saying she should go ahead and marry the guy like that and she shouldn’t interfere in his issue with his dad. What I said is that if she ends up marrying that guy without knowing the reason why he hates his father this much, then their marriage might not last because there will be secrets between them and secrets destroys a home.

Why would any reasonable woman marry into a family where there is hatred and lots of secrets? Her own marriage with the guy will definitely be at risk too.

How does her marriage with the guy have to do with his relationship with his dad? There is no relationship with one or the other.
And like I stated earlier, she hasn't been brought into the guy's family and she is already making assumptions and demands of him. This for me is a red flag and reason for him to rethink even giving her a ring.
Women should learn their limits and not to involve issues unless their explicit advice is asked for.
Re: I Really Don't Know What To Do. Please Help A Sister. by Dextre(m): 10:05pm On Feb 10, 2022
TeeFriz:
You see ladies and self centrism A mother called you to help intercede and all you could think of is to apply it to yourself and your relationship with your fiance. Do these people think? Even gave him ultimatum Nawa o.

Even if he isn't telling you what transpired between him and his dad, there should be other ways to get answers and know how best to bring peace between them. After all the mom brought the issue with you, why can't you start with her?

You don't even know what the dad did or what could have happened! Nawa o

May we marry knowledgeable wives o

Honestly brother, I’m in awe of how some ladies think. Are we not doomed in this country like this with these types of women flocking around
Re: I Really Don't Know What To Do. Please Help A Sister. by drnoel: 10:07pm On Feb 10, 2022
Dextre:

You ladies can make rash decisions sha. You gave him an ultimatum, just imagine nonsense yarns. As his partner, you should sit him down and try to hear him out, talmbout giving ultimatum, God nor allow you use your hand end your relationship, your eye go clear then

My brother that statement was really very annoying. A woman hasn't been brought into the family she is already giving ultimatum. My god, what would she do after she is married? The guy should just put her in her place quickly. Cos this her attitude won't board well for him in the future if he lets it lie.

1 Like

Re: I Really Don't Know What To Do. Please Help A Sister. by drnoel: 10:09pm On Feb 10, 2022
Dextre:

Honestly brother, I’m in awe of how some ladies think. Are we not doomed in this country like this with these types of women flocking around

That is what I have advised guys to learn to give their women a certain hand and place them on a short leach. Cos of the his like this.
Re: I Really Don't Know What To Do. Please Help A Sister. by drnoel: 10:11pm On Feb 10, 2022
Konjiboi:
That's a major red flag. Cut off the relationship.

Even if he reconciles before March as you gave him the ultimatum, he won't be doing it from his heart but because he wants to get married.

A man who can do such with his own father? Young lady, you're in shark-infested water.

And he's also secretive. He doesn't want to tell you what transpired. Such a man can undo and do.

A broken relationship is better than a broken marriage. Don't rush into marriage because you think you're getting old or because you've been with him for 2 years.

You can rush into marriage and rush out too if it's with the wrong person.

Be wise.

God Bless you.

This is a very childish immature comment. Follow at u detriment
Re: I Really Don't Know What To Do. Please Help A Sister. by Nobody: 10:21pm On Feb 10, 2022
drnoel:

How does her marriage with the guy have to do with his relationship with his dad? There is no relationship with one or the other.
And like I stated earlier, she hasn't been brought into the guy's family and she is already making assumptions and demands of him. This for me is a red flag and reason for him to rethink even giving her a ring.
Women should learn their limits and not to involve issues unless their explicit advice is asked for.
I’m done talking to you dude

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Nigerian Lady's Traditional Wedding In Italy To White Lover. Photos / Pre-wedding Photos Of Azeez Abiodun Yusuf, CEO Of 9janewsarena Blogger / What Does It Take To Win Your Heart ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 103
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.