Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,416 members, 7,815,937 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:33 PM

So I Am Getting A Divorce... How Do I Adjust? - Family (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / So I Am Getting A Divorce... How Do I Adjust? (48048 Views)

Moving On With Life After Divorce. How Do You Cope? / I Told My Husband That I Cheated On Him. Now He Wants A Divorce. / "My Wife’s Beauty Makes Me Sleepless, I Want A Divorce" - Zimbabwea Man To Judge (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: So I Am Getting A Divorce... How Do I Adjust? by Heavance(m): 9:38am On Jan 08, 2022
Myexdisturbs:

Misery loves company,I just knew you're a single mother without reading all. No wonder you're eager to welcome her to your suffering club tongue
Divorce is even different.
She was never married, that's why she is looking for new members.
Re: So I Am Getting A Divorce... How Do I Adjust? by od501: 9:39am On Jan 08, 2022
HacheNoire:
You will be fine!

Trust me!

But your kids growing up without a fatherly figure, will forever have a psychological impact on them.

The brunt of divorce is bared by the kids. You and their father will be fine.

Then let the father have the kids,or better still, divide them. It is that simple.
Re: So I Am Getting A Divorce... How Do I Adjust? by PenSniper: 9:40am On Jan 08, 2022
I only hope their father will take financial responsibility for the educarion
and upkeep of the children especially as he initiated the divorce move.
However, take your time to find an adequate choice and remarry if possible rather than staying single.
You could be lucky to have a better second chance. It happens, don't despire.
Good luck.
Re: So I Am Getting A Divorce... How Do I Adjust? by limcar: 9:40am On Jan 08, 2022
jamesversion:

I can be there for you sexually if you are beautiful. And occasionally help financially. If you're interested. undecided
we can both gángbang her
Re: So I Am Getting A Divorce... How Do I Adjust? by Helper1991(m): 9:40am On Jan 08, 2022
You have spoken here like a gentle woman...... What will make your husband initiate the divorce move and not you? You didn't tell us the whole gist. When we men are disrespected, cheated or not allowed to access the holistic entrance that is when things like these can happen. What did you do?

2 Likes

Re: So I Am Getting A Divorce... How Do I Adjust? by frozen70(f): 9:41am On Jan 08, 2022
Optimistic4life:
Year 2021 February to be precise, my husband served me a divorce notice. Though I saw it coming as we have been separated for some months.
The case is still in court though.

We are blessed with 3 kids under 10.

Soon the divorce will be finalized and we will both move on.

How easy is it adjusting to a new life as a divorced lady?

I just want to let it out as I have never discussed this with anyone. Just my immediate family members knows about it.

What is life like out there for me?

The shame, mockery, coping with kids alone, moving on etc

If you want to look or listen to what people will say, you will remain in pains or agony depending on the situation

No marriage is 100% guaranteed that it will lead to the end of a successful marriage

For a woman to accept a divorce from her husband means more than a man will accept

Meaning, I guess you were fed up with the marriage so you have to be prepared to move on

Those kids will definitely be in your custody, so be prepared to do the work of a father and mother at the same time, especially in terms of counseling

But am sure you both parents will take care of the financial aspects

Being a single mother is nit the end of a woman's life, it's another beginning of a new life

Make sure you input discipline into them because of tomorrow

Every thing will be alright at the end so far you are willing and prepared to take the task

With God in your side its not going to be a challenge that you can't handle
Re: So I Am Getting A Divorce... How Do I Adjust? by jornwhite: 9:41am On Jan 08, 2022
anonymous1759:
angry

Abegi make una stop this nonsense “psychological effect“ It’s better to be fatherless than to have a useless father it’s vice versa .

Kids with both mum and sad still end up useless. Kids from a single parent still do well.
The most important is to have either a good father or mother the kids will be good.

My advice to the lady . Don’t remarry for now. If you don’t want your children to suffer.
You can remarry when they’re grown and can fend themselves.
[b]There’s a reason God gave us 2 kidneys but only one is functioning. [/b]Madam OP you can do it alone .

Oga kindly speak for yourself, if naa one kidney you get but for the norm humans have two kidney n both works interchangeably, due to circumstance that people live on one kidney does not negate the fact. be guided
Re: So I Am Getting A Divorce... How Do I Adjust? by Spherical77(m): 9:41am On Jan 08, 2022
Heavance:

You are really funny.i
That means you have seen too many movies and believe that is reality..
Reality will shock you bitterly
Then i assume you know nothing. If the man tries to evade his responsibility assigned to him by law. He'd definitely see the consequences
Re: So I Am Getting A Divorce... How Do I Adjust? by CaptainAyub: 9:42am On Jan 08, 2022
jamesversion:

I can be there for you sexually if you are beautiful. And occasionally help financially. If you're interested. undecided
Correct man
Re: So I Am Getting A Divorce... How Do I Adjust? by od501: 9:43am On Jan 08, 2022
ednut1:
Nothing fun there in nigeria. To find love again will be hard, when konji hold you na small boys around you go dey nack in secret . Men and woman abeg let your marriage work

Funny, but very true
Re: So I Am Getting A Divorce... How Do I Adjust? by Heavance(m): 9:44am On Jan 08, 2022
Spherical77:
Then i assume you know nothing. If the man tries to evade his responsibility assigned to him by law. He'd definitely see the consequences

Okay then
Re: So I Am Getting A Divorce... How Do I Adjust? by duncan511: 9:45am On Jan 08, 2022
All of you, are just encouraging divorce, instead of you to work on the rooted of the problem and find a lasting solutions to it, you here seeking on how it will look like when you are finally divorced, you see it coming and you are separate and you do nothing to stop all this but you can bring this here to know a life of divorcee, I know is d kid that would bear d problem of the divorce because you can’t work on your marriage and I strongly believe you are not a Christian if you are you will do all that is possible to make the marriage work with Christ or may be you are at fault, I pit those who married divorcee that their case is not under adultary or fornication
Re: So I Am Getting A Divorce... How Do I Adjust? by SomehowBROWN(m): 9:45am On Jan 08, 2022
It's difficult, especially in an African setting,it would take a lot of effort to avoid this affecting your kids, especially as you would be left with most if the responsibility...if you find someone who could love you again be open to finding love also. But don't stress your head no matter how difficult it seems
Optimistic4life:
Year 2021 February to be precise, my husband served me a divorce notice. Though I saw it coming as we have been separated for some months.

I just want to let it out as I have never discussed this with anyone. Just my immediate family members knows about it.

Re: So I Am Getting A Divorce... How Do I Adjust? by Blakjewelry(m): 9:46am On Jan 08, 2022
Spherical77:
She needs not to be financially ok since it's the man who served her divorce notice. The man would definitely be responsible for the kids upkeep, education and whataview

She only needs to be financially ok for her wellbeing and support her kids. Especially if she doesn't plan to re-marry
In this part the world? Devoice can be messy if the woman is not financially stable. Infact it's money that is making alot of women stuck in a sad marriage that they can't move out of. I have seen men and women going back and forth to welfare office because the man refused to take care of the children, and remember most people In Nigeria don't do court marriage.
Re: So I Am Getting A Divorce... How Do I Adjust? by limcar: 9:47am On Jan 08, 2022
nosa2:

Your Kpekus is about to get a whole lot of firing
and wear and tear
Re: So I Am Getting A Divorce... How Do I Adjust? by mybiz234: 9:47am On Jan 08, 2022
kmcutez:

Religion takes away your spirituality. Making a false god to take away your sins ain’t going to save you. The universal law is Karma, and you must reap what you sow.

How has your ranting answered my question?

You said Jesus blocked access to God. And I asked how. Kindly answer like somone who knows what he is saying
Re: So I Am Getting A Divorce... How Do I Adjust? by od501: 9:48am On Jan 08, 2022
PenSniper:
I only hope their father will take financial responsibility for the educarion
and upkeep of the children especially as he initiated the divorce move.
However, take your time to find an adequate choice and remarry if possible rather than staying single.
You could be lucky to have a better second chance. It happens, don't despire.
Good luck.

Why can't she just send two kids to the husband. So...she deprives a man the love of his children and still expect him to be sending money your up keep. Send the male kids to him and relieve the boarden.
Re: So I Am Getting A Divorce... How Do I Adjust? by Myexdisturbs: 9:49am On Jan 08, 2022
anonymous1759:
angry

Abegi make una stop this nonsense “psychological effect“ It’s better to be fatherless than to have a useless father it’s vice versa .

Kids with both mum and sad still end up useless. Kids from a single parent still do well.
The most important is to have either a good father or mother the kids will be good.

My advice to the lady . Don’t remarry for now. If you don’t want your children to suffer.
You can remarry when they’re grown and can fend themselves.
[s]There’s a reason God gave us 2 kidneys but only one is functioning. Madam OP you can do it alone[/s] .
Semi illiterate your two kidneys are functional . How do I now believe the other gibberish you spilled sad shocked sad
Re: So I Am Getting A Divorce... How Do I Adjust? by Gboy5050: 9:49am On Jan 08, 2022
Beep my whatsapp number for counseling on 08037782248
Re: So I Am Getting A Divorce... How Do I Adjust? by Trustedpronet: 9:49am On Jan 08, 2022
Sheggy13:

The ex-husband is obligated by law to continue to provide financial support for the children. He can be in a hot soup if he refuses to.

I'm not sure you are residing in Nigeria. This country with plenty irresponsible men and women.
Re: So I Am Getting A Divorce... How Do I Adjust? by limcar: 9:50am On Jan 08, 2022
dannywest:
None of those things you mentioned matters.

All that matters is your peace and mental health.

I'm meant to have filed for mine a year now but just been stalling.

Been separated over 2 years and totally over it now.

what happened? Share for us thats never been married and contemplating on getting hooked.
Re: So I Am Getting A Divorce... How Do I Adjust? by munezo(m): 9:50am On Jan 08, 2022
Optimistic4life:

If you are economically empowered, you will live a good life after divorce. Forget about mockery, people that will mock you are not better than you.

Make sure in the divorce, the court orders him to pay you a specific amount for the upkeep of the children and there should be consequences if he defaults.

Divorce is not the end of the world, live your life theeafter.

2 Likes

Re: So I Am Getting A Divorce... How Do I Adjust? by GREATESTPIANIST: 9:51am On Jan 08, 2022
Tejumola856:
Waiting for elders grin

Omg! FTC. I have make it in life grin grin all thanks to nairaland redpill and Alpha male sad shocked
This is my first FTC since I’ve joined nairaland.

I dedicate this to my friends and family, more wins to me.

I don’t know what to say again I’m crying rn lipsrsealed undecided cry

LIKE if you have make it to FTC before
SHARE if you have not.
lol, you are sick.....getting sth better doing with your life than shouting you made FTC, what the f*****k, lol
Re: So I Am Getting A Divorce... How Do I Adjust? by PrinceMajestic: 9:51am On Jan 08, 2022
Your story means you're an unrepentant ashawoh lady who is not remorseful for your fhuckin around while married no wonder he chased your hoe ass away. Go get a life for the kids or give them to their father's family. Yeye smelling ashawoh woman
Re: So I Am Getting A Divorce... How Do I Adjust? by Toktee(m): 9:52am On Jan 08, 2022
Optimistic4life:

Why him divorced you?
Tell us.
Re: So I Am Getting A Divorce... How Do I Adjust? by Mcreloaded(m): 9:52am On Jan 08, 2022
It's better people laugh at you than for them to cry or for you to endure a marriage because of children.

Please how ever it goes try and make sure the father plays a role in the children life, that's if he is a reasonable man.
Please don't go painting the man black where your children are.
The children will bear the brunt of the divorce but at the same time the stand a better chance if their father relates with them from time to time.
Shit happens and that's just the way it is.
Re: So I Am Getting A Divorce... How Do I Adjust? by Tejumola856: 9:54am On Jan 08, 2022
GREATESTPIANIST:
lol, you are sick.....getting sth better doing with your life than shouting you made FTC, what the f*****k, lol

You’re m@d if you don’t understand the cruise. Werey oponu angry shocked
Re: So I Am Getting A Divorce... How Do I Adjust? by NoToPile: 9:57am On Jan 08, 2022
tempex88:

The man is not dead na. Why are we all making it look like the kids is 100% the woman's responsibility?

Technically in Nigeria it becomes the woman's responsibility when a divorce happens, do they pay child support in Naija, or is it the 2 000 naira monthly igando magistrate court will tell the father to pay as child support that will be enough for the children.

Hopefully the courts will get him to pay at least 50% of the children's financial responsibilities but I doubt it.

1 Like

Re: So I Am Getting A Divorce... How Do I Adjust? by GREATESTPIANIST: 9:57am On Jan 08, 2022
Tejumola856:

You’re m@d if you don’t understand the cruise. Werey oponu angry shocked
Buoda Oshi Iranu, you should be dancing on achievements from solutions to makind, not FTC,, grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy you just made a big fool of yourself sir, go and bring down that post and sit down and think, use your sense , it's 2022, don't be stup****d this year........ weakling!!!!!! Lol
Re: So I Am Getting A Divorce... How Do I Adjust? by afrika(f): 9:59am On Jan 08, 2022
My dear, divorce is never the best option. I have read a lot of comments here. Reasonable and unreasonable.

But truly, u would be the next vulnerable specie on ground. Friends would confuse you and temptations wud arise. Financial instability and loneliness creeps in.

In life, marriage is never a bed of roses but ability to subdue things in as much as there are no physical confrontations. Allow the man and his ego rule. Get into the blanket and tinkle that that would make him smile and give u the powers to control him.

In as much as u are not cheating on him. EMBRACE GOD ALMIGHTY. Prayers binds marriage and good attitude helps. Be that company.

I pray u guys get over it and come together. The kids are the endangered. We are not the oyibo people that do anyhow. We have a cultural background and live with it. Let's not allow wayward single or broken relationship olosho girls or women shatter our marriages.

(if u like the message, hit the Like to 1.5m)

7 Likes

Re: So I Am Getting A Divorce... How Do I Adjust? by od501: 10:01am On Jan 08, 2022
Optimistic4life:

Madam... I will be sincere with you, it will be hard, I'm fact na ur immidiate family go dey gossip you, especially your younger sisters (no offence oo) but it's true. Again, try send the male kids to your husband. It will lessen your boarden.

Again, male children don't always do well growing with single mothers. Send them to their father often or better still, send the boys to your husband permanently. You can always visit anytime.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (17) (Reply)

My Husband Hasn't Touched Me For More Than A Year / See What This Man Did To Save His Mum's Life / Kenyan Woman Who Left Her Husband Of 20yrs To Marry The "Holy Spirit" Found Dead

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.