Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,293 members, 7,811,879 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:00 PM

Why Do You Give Money To Your Mom Instead Of Your Dad? - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Do You Give Money To Your Mom Instead Of Your Dad? (21833 Views)

Between Your Mom And Dad, Who Gave You The Real Beating Of Your Life? / Can You Marry Someone Like Your Mom Or Dad?? / What's The Craziest Thing Your Mom Ever Caught You Doing? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do You Give Money To Your Mom Instead Of Your Dad? by Ibfpleasant(m): 8:12am On Jan 10, 2022
Nebes:
I remember buying gifts for my mother when I was in SS2. I remember how she cried but I don’t remember anything else she said. I think she prayed for me. I’m not sure. She died same year.

Now I remember the day I dashed my father 1K. He took it and asked me to kneel down. He told me that God will lead me and break down every barrier in this life for me. My father also died before I became stable financially. Today any time I break through any barrier I remember my father. I always succeed even where others fail. Rules are always bent for me to ensure I get anything I want. That was the only thing I remember giving him. I wish I gave him more.

I don’t care how much you give your mother but one blessing from your father will speak for you more than a thousand from your mother. Remember that without him you won’t even have anybody to call mother. Give to your father please. Provoke his emotional side and hear him bless you.
doing for your patents is so good but doing for your mother most is the best. A lot of people will understand this especially fellow Muslims..
Re: Why Do You Give Money To Your Mom Instead Of Your Dad? by PUSSYHOE(m): 8:14am On Jan 10, 2022
FERNANDEZISBACK:

Don't you think that was too harsh tho?
They are still your parents and ain't in support of what you did tho..the greatest joy of a parent is to hear their children's voice..

You should try to call them once in a while pls.. whatever is on your mind should not be against your parents.. cry kiss

Parents wey take care of you or invest in you? Or parents after their own self-interest and happiness.
Re: Why Do You Give Money To Your Mom Instead Of Your Dad? by Geesaintagape: 8:15am On Jan 10, 2022
My first salary in life was 158k, I gave my dad 100k to to share with my mom.
My dad took 60k n gave my mom 40k.
I never gave my mom money separately.
I bought phone for both also.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do You Give Money To Your Mom Instead Of Your Dad? by OlawaleBammie: 8:15am On Jan 10, 2022
HarunaWest:
let me tell you a short story told to me my my dad.
My dad said when he was a little boy, probably 10 or so, he could remember vividly that whenever his father(my grandpa) returned from his farm every 3 months, he would share most of the harvested produce to his relatives, brothers, neighbours et al. The remainder to be shared amongst his wives and children was barely enough, so they had to improvise. So basically his father was a father christmas. So after many years when my dad became an adult, he sat his father down to ask him why he did that in the past and his response was thus' That's The price for his children's existence (longevity)'....Alas the man was settling his relatives,siblings et al. just to protect his children cos he knew the kind of place he was from.
chaiiiiii

See sense!!!!

Sense will not kee ur grandpa even in the grave
Re: Why Do You Give Money To Your Mom Instead Of Your Dad? by Mayeldah(m): 8:16am On Jan 10, 2022
Its because the children are simps.

Simps everywhere!
Re: Why Do You Give Money To Your Mom Instead Of Your Dad? by Femi8586(m): 8:16am On Jan 10, 2022
backbencher:
Basically, dads get money from their pensions

Most mothers in Nigeria are 'housewives' who don't get a pension, and who are reliant on hubby

That's why

See talk for God sake undecided

Like say na every father be government worker or civil servants.

Thank God you're a man, your own is coming too.

1 Like

Re: Why Do You Give Money To Your Mom Instead Of Your Dad? by OlawaleBammie: 8:17am On Jan 10, 2022
Evidenx:
I LOVE BOTH MY DAD AND MUM,BUT WILL ALWAYS GIVE MY MUM MORE BECAUSE OF HER EXTRA LOVE AND CARE,ITS EXCEPTIONAL.

DEAR FATHERS: Life is not just all about providing for your family,LOVE AND CARE,GETTING INVOLVED IN YOUR CHILDREN'S LIFE MATTERS ALOT.
relax bro, give it some decades u will understand, karma is real

1 Like

Re: Why Do You Give Money To Your Mom Instead Of Your Dad? by OlawaleBammie: 8:20am On Jan 10, 2022
Ofolete:
Just because women bath their children with soap bought by fathers, cook foods that were provided by the fathers, wear their children clothes that were bought by the fathers, take and bring children to school that its fees were paid by the fathers (school run). These little activities of mothers to their children bring both of them very close (intimacy) and serve as the point of deceit. As a young dad, I carry my children, I go school run, I play with them, I bath them when I am free and wears and removes their Pampas, I watch ball with them, in fact they are all Chelsea fans, I play ball with them, I feed them, I buy clothes, shoes and other wears for them and surprise them with it, I teach them and do their home work etc, Do you know what people like my mother and mother in-law say? Your children are too attached to you. Hahaha... I don't want my wife to deceive my children like my mum did to us. Hahaha... I pity my late dad when I remember him. May his soul rest in the Bossom of the Lord, amen.
sharp guy, u no wan make one person chop ur sweat grin

1 Like

Re: Why Do You Give Money To Your Mom Instead Of Your Dad? by Nobody: 8:20am On Jan 10, 2022
Femi8586:

See talk for God sake undecided

Like say na every father be government worker or civil servants.

Thank God you're a man, your own is coming too.

Both my parents are retired and both worked so they do get a pension.
Re: Why Do You Give Money To Your Mom Instead Of Your Dad? by lordally(m): 8:20am On Jan 10, 2022
Ofolete:
Just because women bath their children with soap bought by fathers, cook foods that were provided by the fathers, wear their children clothes that were bought by the fathers, take and bring children to school that its fees were paid by the fathers (school run). These little activities of mothers to their children bring both of them very close (intimacy) and serve as the point of deceit. As a young dad, I carry my children, I go school run, I play with them, I bath them when I am free and wears and removes their Pampas, I watch ball with them, in fact they are all Chelsea fans, I play ball with them, I feed them, I buy clothes, shoes and other wears for them and surprise them with it, I teach them and do their home work etc, Do you know what people like my mother and mother in-law say? Your children are too attached to you. Hahaha... I don't want my wife to deceive my children like my mum did to us. Hahaha... I pity my late dad when I remember him. May his soul rest in the Bossom of the Lord, amen.

You're a smart man! This is what my dad also thought me to do too...and when I get married , I'll do all these!!

1 Like

Re: Why Do You Give Money To Your Mom Instead Of Your Dad? by membranus: 8:20am On Jan 10, 2022
juman:
Father is fathers of all.
Many fathers fail in their responsibility, but mother has no where to run to except to work harder and provide anyhow for the children.

Many families they have absentee father.

Even as big as obasanjo is, many of his children don't like him much.
That's typical father.

There are many cruel and absentee mothers too who abandoned their children at birth. That's one of the reasons we have Motherless Baby Home, and not fatherless baby home. It is also the reason why we have many almajiris too in the North.

3 Likes

Re: Why Do You Give Money To Your Mom Instead Of Your Dad? by Mayeldah(m): 8:21am On Jan 10, 2022
Impostor:
The problem is with us as men. In Nigeria, most men give birth, then they hussle to pay school fees and ensure you don't lack but children need more than that. Don't underestimate mothers at all, tender, loving, nuture, care and attentive. Always hyping their children, quarrel with you now and playful the next minutes, always available for you. It is obvious children will tilt more towards their mother.

As a man, my style of parenting will be very different, I will be there for my children beyond paying school fees. I will provide care too and be attentive.

Women are NATURALLY SELFISH, they will make you know subtly that they are sacrificing for you, they will try to get as much love from you. They will not do too much to let children know that their father is the backbone of the family.

Therefore as men be available to your young children.

...Yemi, John, Chidi etc....come and tell me what happened in school today. Spend quality time to play and gist with them.....

Nosa, why is your face not bright? What is it?
Hype them.....ah see my handsome son.... See my beautiful princess....my baby will marry a rich man o etc

We must be there but it's not usually in most men nature. We want to read news papers, argue politics with friends, watch football, talk about businesses, hand out with friends etc

You can still do all these and your children will tend towards their mother when they are grown up

As a man, for you not to die of heart attack when it happens, make sure you take good care of yourself while rasing a family.

get a pension plan for yourself and most importantly make sure you build yourself a house, you need it most when retiring.

This life no balance for where man dey right from creation.

1 Like

Re: Why Do You Give Money To Your Mom Instead Of Your Dad? by Dreytonisback(m): 8:23am On Jan 10, 2022
I give just my mom bc my dad's travelled to a place of no return

Lights up my kpoli in peace
Re: Why Do You Give Money To Your Mom Instead Of Your Dad? by Benzemma(m): 8:23am On Jan 10, 2022
Well, i think children tends to help the weaker parent. If the mother is weaker than the father financially, especially if the father doesn't love the mother well or doesn't care about her.

1 Like

Re: Why Do You Give Money To Your Mom Instead Of Your Dad? by Rowlandjude(m): 8:24am On Jan 10, 2022
Nebes:
I remember buying gifts for my mother when I was in SS2. I remember how she cried but I don’t remember anything else she said. I think she prayed for me. I’m not sure. She died same year.

Now I remember the day I dashed my father 1K. He took it and asked me to kneel down. He told me that God will lead me and break down every barrier in this life for me. My father also died before I became stable financially. Today any time I break through any barrier I remember my father. I always succeed even where others fail. Rules are always bent for me to ensure I get anything I want. That was the only thing I remember giving him. I wish I gave him more.

I don’t care how much you give your mother but one blessing from your father will speak for you more than a thousand from your mother. Remember that without him you won’t even have anybody to call mother. Give to your father please. Provoke his emotional side and hear him bless you.

Your talking nonsese, my friend speak for yourself which one is, it will speak more than a thousand times.
Re: Why Do You Give Money To Your Mom Instead Of Your Dad? by CondemnBattery(f): 8:24am On Jan 10, 2022
If you are a Christian, please read your Bible very well. The blessing of a father is
next to God's blessing. Don't catch cruise with everything for the sake of likes
Heterodox:
Nonsense.

Unless one has a useless mother the potency of blessings is the same.
Re: Why Do You Give Money To Your Mom Instead Of Your Dad? by Impostor: 8:24am On Jan 10, 2022
thatigboman1:
The irony of life.
I spent up to N800,000 to organise my child's dedication. My wife contributed zero cent. I invited 99% of those that attended. And almost all of them gave money to my wife. When I asked for account, she said it was just small small money, when I saw my colleagues alone give her hefty envelope. Kobo she didnt give me.
Ask my children "who bought this shoe for u?" "My mummy". Clothes "my mummy", everything my mummy.
Let me not give her weekend allowance for once and she will summon World Court to judge my case.

LoL it's natural. Women are always greedy and won't even let your children know you did things for them

1 Like

Re: Why Do You Give Money To Your Mom Instead Of Your Dad? by Akuruoulo(m): 8:26am On Jan 10, 2022
Nebes:

Father's are very much underappreciate, even after all their sacrifices

1 Like

Re: Why Do You Give Money To Your Mom Instead Of Your Dad? by yunqdady: 8:27am On Jan 10, 2022
Re: Why Do You Give Money To Your Mom Instead Of Your Dad? by kokomilala(m): 8:27am On Jan 10, 2022
@Nebes, your head is there- ori e wan be! And your heart is in the right place. You see,people -black especially- undermine the role and impact of the father. Look at the Bible, it was Isaac's blessing that turned Jacob to Israel and to the great nation of same name.Esau had despised his birthright on the whim of ewa or asaro. But when Jacob stole that blessing, he wept bitterly.In the end,he settled for crumbs of blessings.
In another instance, Reuben had sex with his father's concubine. For that ,he lost his birthright; for Israel cursed him on his dying bed. His birthright was given to the sons of Joseph.
I Chronicles 5:1.
In 2014,I think, I gave my father 5k and asked him to bless me.He did.The following year,he passed on.But before then, he took me to a source of family inheritance.. I'm still trying to find my feet in this world, but I hang on to that blessing he had bestowed on me before he passed.
In essence, I suppose a father's blessing is more powerful than a mother's, and should not be undermined by some familial sentiments.

1 Like

Re: Why Do You Give Money To Your Mom Instead Of Your Dad? by Akuruoulo(m): 8:28am On Jan 10, 2022
superintendents:
gbammm...she suffer the most...so for me ?

mom...70%

dad......30%

On what aspect ?
Maybe ur Dad didn't live up to expectation
Re: Why Do You Give Money To Your Mom Instead Of Your Dad? by SmartyPants(m): 8:28am On Jan 10, 2022
Omakraid:
If my dad were alive and I have enough to give both, I will give my mum far more than my dad because my mum will spend hers on housekeep and feeding while my dad will spend his as father Christmas by giving people who ought to give to him and food items will not smell 1naira from his money

Same female mentality - always better to receive than to give ba?

cheesy
Re: Why Do You Give Money To Your Mom Instead Of Your Dad? by kilisi(m): 8:29am On Jan 10, 2022
Slurity:
thank God you are a man too. Your time is coming

Leave him.

He will suffer the same when he grows up.

I have instructed my wife that whenever he wants to buy something or give things to our children, he must always inform them the source by telling them their dad is the provider. I take care of of over 90% of house expenses, working my a$$ off everyday.

I however I make sure I spend quality time with my children whenever I'm around to be there for them.

Not that when they grow up, they will now say it was their mother only who was there for them.
Re: Why Do You Give Money To Your Mom Instead Of Your Dad? by blesdman(m): 8:31am On Jan 10, 2022
I think sometimes it is noticed that The father is no longer being responsible to the family, and it is at that point the money goes to the mother. Otherwise most people will send money to their fathers if he is still responsible for taking care of the family.

1 Like

Re: Why Do You Give Money To Your Mom Instead Of Your Dad? by tuzle(m): 8:31am On Jan 10, 2022
CocoaOla:

How do you know hatred is distorting your sense of judgment like other hateful Nigerian s
How is there hatred in what he typed? From his point of view, he prefers his mom because he stayed longer with her and she acted as both the father and mother even when his father died at an early age. So how is that hate.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do You Give Money To Your Mom Instead Of Your Dad? by OlawaleBammie: 8:32am On Jan 10, 2022
Sorsilo4life:
In my heart, I love my mother more. But my sense of fairness and respect will never allow me give more to my mum than to my dad. Their two nor be age. If my mum take 30k my dad go take 50k. The man will still spend his money on his wife. The woman own na her own. I mean a father spends on his children. It is disrespectful to give more to a mother even if u love d mother more. It's just like giving d place of a firstborn to a second child because u love d second child more. Then just to clear matters. Mother's prayer goes a long way however a father's blessing is more potent. God made him d head of d family. If he sincerely and humbly request God's blessings on any member of his family, na blast.
for the blessing part, na sure

Even bible sef prove it right, in the bible u only hears father's blessing
Re: Why Do You Give Money To Your Mom Instead Of Your Dad? by Amaechi2023(m): 8:32am On Jan 10, 2022
Islam says give your mom 4 before giving your dad 1.

my dad gave to his mom more than his dad so I'll replicate such. besides my dad is more financially buoyant and he advises me more to be good to my mom.
Re: Why Do You Give Money To Your Mom Instead Of Your Dad? by LINTUNE(m): 8:33am On Jan 10, 2022
Popsi try, but they give while expecting something from u,and most father will not go extra length for their son, If he doesn't have,he doesn't have, he will tell u to your face,he can't kill himself..but with mumsi , it's a bit different, mumsi go find who to borrow from send give u..and again, being an adolescent without much bearing yet, ur pman no go too tolerate am, infact if care is not taken ur pman go make u see yourself as a failiure, shame go de catch u to call am once in a while incase of emergency, but for mumsi,that's totally different..if u like be an slowpoke, she go still stand by u, assist u the little way she can..growing up, I use to hate mumsi, cos she was kinda harsh and all..but now have come to realise that woman is really trying...as for me it's 60% for mum, 40 for dad, cos dad tried while bringing me up, na now wey him Don de jonse, and lack understanding..

1 Like

Re: Why Do You Give Money To Your Mom Instead Of Your Dad? by Akuruoulo(m): 8:34am On Jan 10, 2022
ANY MONEY OWNED BY MY DAD GETS SPENT BY MOM TOO, BUT SUCH ISN'T THE SAME IF THE MONEY IS IN THE OTHER HAND .
I FOR GIVE MY DAD MORE WHEN IT COMES TO CASH GIFTS, BUT MEN DON'T ALSO GET HAPPY WHEN THEY RECEIVE GIFTS MORE THAN THEIR WIFES.
MEN ALWAYS HAVE WOMEN AT HEART MORE THAN THE OTHER WAY .

BUT I HAVE SEEN A WOMAN WHO BASHED HER KIDS FOR NOT GIFTING HER HUSBAND TOO.
Re: Why Do You Give Money To Your Mom Instead Of Your Dad? by Omakraid(f): 8:34am On Jan 10, 2022
UncleKoboko:

That's your problem
And your problem for coming to quote me because you could have just passed by

1 Like

Re: Why Do You Give Money To Your Mom Instead Of Your Dad? by Akuruoulo(m): 8:36am On Jan 10, 2022
Sonnobax15:
wink
Mennnnnnnn, mother's love is second to none..............The few time my mom spend here on earth with us,it was obvious....

You see why.... Momsy dey easy to reason with, compared to popsy.......The army blood wey dey the man body self no go make you draw close to am,but Momsy shoulder always dey there for you to lean on Whenever if e tear for you.......

So now tell me,chebi na who ginger me to be a better person I suppose reason pass when everywhere don stew? cool
Eehyah
Re: Why Do You Give Money To Your Mom Instead Of Your Dad? by Omakraid(f): 8:37am On Jan 10, 2022
HarunaWest:
let me tell you a short story told to me my my dad.
My dad said when he was a little boy, probably 10 or so, he could remember vividly that whenever his father(my grandpa) returned from his farm every 3 months, he would share most of the harvested produce to his relatives, brothers, neighbours et al. The remainder to be shared amongst his wives and children was barely enough, so they had to improvise. So basically his father was a father christmas. So after many years when my dad became an adult, he sat his father down to ask him why he did that in the past and his response was thus' That's The price for his children's existence (longevity)'....Alas the man was settling his relatives,siblings et al. just to protect his children cos he knew the kind of place he was from.
My dad's own is different. He doesn't spend in the house and even those he spent on almost killed him. It was later he started chasing them away by himself. Its not bad if you have money, give relatives and at the same time take care of your family but making the people outside think because he can give them that much, his family is receiving double is not good, it made us not have people helping

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Meet The Couple Who Won N1m In Who Wants To Be A Millionaire Valentine Edition / Nigerian Couple Welcome Twins After 16 Years Of Marriage (Photos) / Man Of The HOUSE: Is This Also Part Of The Job?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.