Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,827 members, 7,813,747 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:35 PM

Help! How Do I Tell A Senior Colleague I Am In Love With Her - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Help! How Do I Tell A Senior Colleague I Am In Love With Her (28993 Views)

Date With My Colleague: I Have Ruined My Reputation At Work. / A Senior Female Colleague Wants Me To Marry Her / How Do I Tell A Friend To Stop Bringing Girls To Have Sex In My Apartment? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help! How Do I Tell A Senior Colleague I Am In Love With Her by Nobody: 8:52am On Jan 27, 2022
Office romance is not something I would advise anyone to indulge in and besides, lots of companies have policies against such...

So my dear OP...
It's either you leave that woman or you leave your job undecided...

3 Likes

Re: Help! How Do I Tell A Senior Colleague I Am In Love With Her by candygist: 8:52am On Jan 27, 2022
lordaltruist:
Dear Nairalanders,

I got this job in 2019 and it turns out that now I am the only male senior staff except from the security guard. Way back in 2019 there were 2 other guys but they left in 2020 after our company transferred to a different location and since then, I have been the only male staff other than the security guard whose job is not in internal affairs.

She is actually my senior colleague and way older than myself but over the past year and some months now, we have been so friendly though we don't discuss relationship together or talk anything boyfriend and girlfriend together but something seems to be odd in her look whenever I talk about a girl likewise myself I felt odd when she talks about a guy she flirted with.

In my office every other staff have a nickname for us both even my boss was the one who initiated the nickname because of how close we are and even though I nurse getting under her skirts, I do not have yet the muscle to tell her that and lately I am beginning to like her more as we share everything about ourselves.

I have been to her house and can go to her house at anytime and she was the one who persuaded me to return to the company after I didn't want to return when it relocated and also convince my boss to retain me; sometimes she buys me food in the office likewise myself and always like to have me around her like working together and whenever she needs assistance over a job, she will want me to be the person to help.

I notice she and my other female (married) colleague who work in the same department with us had almost had squabble because of whom I should be assisting and since she's the most senior colleague she won over that one.

She is very single and above her 40s but I don't mind as age does not define my relationship and right now I am growing so fund of her in a way I can't stop imagining and I need your advise on how to relate my feelings and make her confess hers to me.

All criticism and advise will be duly accepted.

Don’t ask her out. Just flow with the vibe and use your sense in other to know when to strike.

1 Like

Re: Help! How Do I Tell A Senior Colleague I Am In Love With Her by Merlissa(f): 8:56am On Jan 27, 2022
fabiano09:

Too much romance novels dey worry you lol

grin grin grin
I dey epp am with hin confindence!
Re: Help! How Do I Tell A Senior Colleague I Am In Love With Her by Bar1941(m): 9:05am On Jan 27, 2022
Just make sure you get another job before you tell her.

1 Like

Re: Help! How Do I Tell A Senior Colleague I Am In Love With Her by Latakia(f): 9:05am On Jan 27, 2022
Tell her through the Manger/CEO grin

1 Like

Re: Help! How Do I Tell A Senior Colleague I Am In Love With Her by Miles300: 9:06am On Jan 27, 2022
Infatuation not love.....
Re: Help! How Do I Tell A Senior Colleague I Am In Love With Her by AntiWailer: 9:07am On Jan 27, 2022
It is easy, look for another job first
Re: Help! How Do I Tell A Senior Colleague I Am In Love With Her by Solexgzy(m): 9:09am On Jan 27, 2022
lordaltruist:
Dear Nairalanders,

I got this job in 2019 and it turns out that now I am the only male senior staff except from the security guard. Way back in 2019 there were 2 other guys but they left in 2020 after our company transferred to a different location and since then, I have been the only male staff other than the security guard whose job is not in internal affairs.

She is actually my senior colleague and way older than myself but over the past year and some months now, we have been so friendly though we don't discuss relationship together or talk anything boyfriend and girlfriend together but something seems to be odd in her look whenever I talk about a girl likewise myself I felt odd when she talks about a guy she flirted with.

In my office every other staff have a nickname for us both even my boss was the one who initiated the nickname because of how close we are and even though I nurse getting under her skirts, I do not have yet the muscle to tell her that and lately I am beginning to like her more as we share everything about ourselves.

I have been to her house and can go to her house at anytime and she was the one who persuaded me to return to the company after I didn't want to return when it relocated and also convince my boss to retain me; sometimes she buys me food in the office likewise myself and always like to have me around her like working together and whenever she needs assistance over a job, she will want me to be the person to help.

I notice she and my other female (married) colleague who work in the same department with us had almost had squabble because of whom I should be assisting and since she's the most senior colleague she won over that one.

She is very single and above her 40s but I don't mind as age does not define my relationship and right now I am growing so fund of her in a way I can't stop imagining and I need your advise on how to relate my feelings and make her confess hers to me.

the wey you tell your ex
Re: Help! How Do I Tell A Senior Colleague I Am In Love With Her by Nobody: 9:09am On Jan 27, 2022
I won't advice you to indulge in an office romance honestly. But with wisdom, it would be a good experience! You might be surprise she doesn't have any sexual feeling for you, but a platonic feeling, i guess she likes your companionship. But if you are a real man and willing to take her serious, and not just to sleep with her. She will eventually fall in love, she isn't a kid, and should be married at such age, So tell her your intentions if you two to just be having sex, let her know, if you dare mislead her, Bro you go chop query tyre and get sacked finally back to the labour market

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help! How Do I Tell A Senior Colleague I Am In Love With Her by Belial06: 9:10am On Jan 27, 2022
Get another job first

Idiot

1 Like

Re: Help! How Do I Tell A Senior Colleague I Am In Love With Her by tnerro1(m): 9:10am On Jan 27, 2022
biggy00000:
Most company by policy will not retain a couple--- if you intend to marry her; find another job.

If the intention is just fling, hit and run baba find another job still as she would deal with you when it goes south.

Either way, find another job.

Oluwa a wa pelu e.

True talk, let him who have ears hear ooo

1 Like

Re: Help! How Do I Tell A Senior Colleague I Am In Love With Her by Jonah507(m): 9:10am On Jan 27, 2022
Trouble d sleep...
Re: Help! How Do I Tell A Senior Colleague I Am In Love With Her by techWriter3: 9:11am On Jan 27, 2022
desk fling ? Na vent you comin betweens werey
Re: Help! How Do I Tell A Senior Colleague I Am In Love With Her by Offpoint1: 9:11am On Jan 27, 2022
Just tella
Re: Help! How Do I Tell A Senior Colleague I Am In Love With Her by Nobody: 9:11am On Jan 27, 2022
lordaltruist:
Dear Nairalanders,

Re: Help! How Do I Tell A Senior Colleague I Am In Love With Her by franchasng: 9:12am On Jan 27, 2022
and ladies love office romance more than anything eh. Especially with those their tall lanky Jerk the lover boy forming male colleagues cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Help! How Do I Tell A Senior Colleague I Am In Love With Her by Deicide: 9:12am On Jan 27, 2022
@op you be mumu and you are being played by the woman. She is now at the stage where she doesn't care who she marries, hence the sweet attitude towards you.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help! How Do I Tell A Senior Colleague I Am In Love With Her by Ketapu: 9:13am On Jan 27, 2022
My reply.

Don't have any romantic relationship with your neighbors and co-workers. Most of the time, the risks outweigh the benefits.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Help! How Do I Tell A Senior Colleague I Am In Love With Her by causewahala: 9:13am On Jan 27, 2022
E be like your garri don taya you. Flee bro!!!

It will always end in premium tears, trust me and never mind these M & B kids.

We wey don run the matter b4, we know better.

3 Likes

Re: Help! How Do I Tell A Senior Colleague I Am In Love With Her by Buksaylor: 9:13am On Jan 27, 2022
[quote author=lordaltruist post=109723050]Dear Nairalanders,

All criticism and advise will be duly accepted. [/quote

Write a resignation letter,leave out the date..
dress up,enter a shop,buy flowers and a card,go to work...during lunch time,arm yourself with a pen and your resignation letter... approach her...kneel down and bring out the flowers,then start telling her...if she fumes,then bring out the letter and date it immediately...

2 Likes

Re: Help! How Do I Tell A Senior Colleague I Am In Love With Her by jamesbridget13(f): 9:13am On Jan 27, 2022
Better face your job
Re: Help! How Do I Tell A Senior Colleague I Am In Love With Her by MrMcJay(m): 9:14am On Jan 27, 2022
Don't worry, you will learn the hard way.
Re: Help! How Do I Tell A Senior Colleague I Am In Love With Her by fotadmowmend(m): 9:14am On Jan 27, 2022
You must be very careful. It is very wrong to mix work with love or pleasure...... Your friendship would help your career but would never help your home. Be wise
Re: Help! How Do I Tell A Senior Colleague I Am In Love With Her by Exceed15: 9:15am On Jan 27, 2022
Stop torturing yourself. Man up and ask her out." NO" does not kill but what if she says YES". .but don't expect it immediately.
Re: Help! How Do I Tell A Senior Colleague I Am In Love With Her by NoQualmz: 9:15am On Jan 27, 2022
Yeye man...you’re just after getting under her skirt. This u lusting after her...u don’t love her.

Office romance is also a no go area abi them never tell u?
The moment u get under her skirt...trust me, u will be on the verge of getting sacked any time...that’s a cougar you’re talking about. The same way she was able to persuade boss to keep u is same way she would work her way to u getting sacked.

The devil gives u an apple with one hand and expects something in return with the other hand. Use ur tongue to count ur teeth.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help! How Do I Tell A Senior Colleague I Am In Love With Her by InvertedHammer: 9:15am On Jan 27, 2022
lordaltruist:
Dear Nairalanders,

/

If the relationship becomes official, it will make the boss uncomfortable. Spousal collusion is real. Better have another job lined up in case...
So if the company folds up tomorrow, your family is screwed.

/
Re: Help! How Do I Tell A Senior Colleague I Am In Love With Her by Saao(m): 9:15am On Jan 27, 2022
lordaltruist:
Dear Nairalanders,

lol this one don get another assignment. Relationship with any lady above 40s is an assignment.
Re: Help! How Do I Tell A Senior Colleague I Am In Love With Her by israelmao(m): 9:16am On Jan 27, 2022
There's no fear in love perfect love drives away fear.Love breaks many boundaries in terms of age,culture,ethnicity,religion,race,status and it goes.Summon courage and give expression to your feelings.
Re: Help! How Do I Tell A Senior Colleague I Am In Love With Her by NoQualmz: 9:16am On Jan 27, 2022
Exceed15:
Stop torturing yourself. Man up and ask her out." NO" does not kill but what if she says YES". .but don't expect it immediately.

Ask ur colleague in same office out?
U must be out of ya mind o...OP do not ask her out!!!
Re: Help! How Do I Tell A Senior Colleague I Am In Love With Her by Nobody: 9:16am On Jan 27, 2022
candygist:

Don’t ask her out. Just flow with the vibe and use your sense in other to know when to strike.

Hope say you don get another Job,or you have enough capital to start all over... Baba street not smiling for who no get job....

Check my signature sign up with 5billion affiliate and be making token monthly...bless Thursday ahead

1 Like

Re: Help! How Do I Tell A Senior Colleague I Am In Love With Her by LordReed(m): 9:16am On Jan 27, 2022
lordaltruist:
Dear Nairalanders,

Not a wise move at all. You are going to burden your official duties with emotional entanglement that will surely distort the job performance especially if the relationship doesn't work out. Don't do it or rather prepare for an exit from the company or go to some other branch if possible. It is no fun having to deal with an emotionally scorned female senior colleague.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

What's The Big Deal In Friend Zoning A Guy? / Another 26 Year Old Nigerian Man Weds A 63 Years Old American Woman In Warri!! / Romance In Church

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.