Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,124 members, 7,814,940 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:35 AM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 - Travel (396) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 (828649 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (393) (394) (395) (396) (397) (398) (399) ... (614) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Nobody: 3:02pm On Mar 05, 2023
Lovejuliet2020:
Hi, guys please someone should advise me.
Is it possible to travel with my adopted son to UK?
I am married without kid yet. Living with my little nephew. He is 2 years old . I started living with him when he was 6 months old. Her biological mother left my brother and the baby.
Is it possible to travel with him to UK?
What are the requirements to be met?
If he is your adopted son legally with paperwork not just your nephew whom you are a carer then it is it is possible.If he is your niece then you start the battle of consent letter from the mother and proving beyond doubt that it is not child trafficking etc.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Nobody: 3:05pm On Mar 05, 2023
vozkini:
Happy Sunday to you all. Tutu82 et all.
Thank you on your guide. I have one more important question to ask. Do I include my wife bank statement in her own application since am the one sponsoring her and the kids More so, regarding her income and business I do mentioned them. Please help me with your quick response as I intend submitting the application soon.

Thank you
Yes add her statement too.
Don’t rush into submitting soon, make sure you have all you need.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by vozkini(m): 3:10pm On Mar 05, 2023
Tutu82:

Hi.
You would use the same online procedure you used for your visa and same documents sort of documents you used to sponsor yourself such as iv letter or proof of accommodation,A recent 3-6 months statement of account…stuff like that.

A difference would be you will add marriage certificate for your spouse and birth certificate for your children and a letter from their school saying they on holiday that period though this is not a compulsory step but helps.

You also need to have enough funds to cover the return airfare and living cost throughout the duration of their trip.

That’s all i can think of for now but follow the previous thread and go on the gov website it’s been discussed repeatedly.
Thank you on your guide. I have one more important question to ask. Do I include my wife bank statement in her own application since am the one sponsoring her and the kids More so, regarding her income and business I do mentioned them. Please help me with your quick response as I intend submitting the application soon.

Thank you
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by vozkini(m): 3:26pm On Mar 05, 2023
vozkini:

Thank you

Yes. I am not in a rush. Being preparing since January. Her bal is 1.2m which she will move 1m to her regular account from another account she hardly transact on. Just trying to make sure her own account issue won’t affect us all. As for me the sponsor I have about £14k naira value on my savings. I hope that will work for family of 5?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by vozkini(m): 3:27pm On Mar 05, 2023
vozkini:

Thank you
Yes. I am not in a rush. Being preparing since January. Her bal is 1.2m which she will move 1m to her regular account from another account she hardly transact on. Just trying to make sure her own account issue won’t affect us all. As for me the sponsor I have about £14k naira value on my savings. I hope that will work for family of 5?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by vozkini(m): 3:28pm On Mar 05, 2023
[quote author=Tutu82 post=121492759][/quote]
Yes. I am not in a rush. Being preparing since January.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Nobody: 4:05pm On Mar 05, 2023
vozkini:
To move a large sum at once looks fixed why can’t she just use that account since it’s hers as well then explain the source on additional information page.1.2m is a decent amount and since you sponsoring her it looks okay.

£14,000 is over 10m so looks good in principle but remember you not expected to spend all your savings on one trip so recalculate ticket,accommodation and everyday spending for the duration of the trip and make sure it’s no more than 5million.Tickets alone will set you back 2m depending on the ages of your children ie a toddler,s ticket would be way cheaper than a child above 10 years old.Hope this makes sense.

I based this on the fact that your wife has 1.2 m which is emergency money not spending money since you sponsoring her as well.

Do you have any other stream of income?.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Lovejuliet2020: 5:26pm On Mar 05, 2023
Thank you Tutu82
If I legally adopt him since no one will be taking care of him if I leave him and travel, will he be answering my husband's name? I just don't want him to change his real name but want to take him along. I also have a nanny that's taking care of him why I work. Is it possible to take her along too?

Tutu82:

If he is your adopted son legally with paperwork not just your nephew whom you are a carer then it is it is possible.If he is your niece then you start the battle of consent letter from the mother and proving beyond doubt that it is not child trafficking etc.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Nobody: 6:26pm On Mar 05, 2023
Lovejuliet2020:
Thank you Tutu82
If I legally adopt him since no one will be taking care of him if I leave him and travel, will he be answering my husband's name? I just don't want him to change his real name but want to take him along. I also have a nanny that's taking care of him why I work. Is it possible to take her along too?

I understand your plight.I gather that the short answer is you No have not legally adopted him.Go have a chat with some who works with department of social works in your state like all them ministry of youth and social development

The process is stressful,long and full of paperwork but can be done.The shortest adoption i have seen from application form to court finalisation took nearly a year.He does not have to change his name he could have a hypen inserted and have a double barrelled surname.

If you adopt him now it might not make a difference as Nigeria is still on the list of restricted adoption recognition in the Uk due to human trafficking and child labour.

I explained this exact situation last year to someone on here.If you relocating you can take a nanny on a domestic visa but she needs to have previously worked for you for 6 months have a contract and the visa is £500.As a visitor you might as well do a normal visitors visa for this nanny.

I am sorry i don’t have better news.

My apologies everyone for derailing the thread.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by giselle237: 7:38pm On Mar 05, 2023
Lovejuliet2020:
Thank you Tutu82
start with the legal adoption as every other thing you mentioned is secondary.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by vozkini(m): 9:37pm On Mar 05, 2023
Another income is from rents
Tutu82:

To move a large sum at once looks fixed why can’t she just use that account since it’s hers as well then explain the source on additional information page.1.2m is a decent amount and since you sponsoring her it looks okay.

£14,000 is over 10m so looks good in principle but remember you not expected to spend all your savings on one trip so recalculate ticket,accommodation and everyday spending for the duration of the trip and make sure it’s no more than 5million.Tickets alone will set you back 2m depending on the ages of your children ie a toddler,s ticket would be way cheaper than a child above 10 years old.Hope this makes sense.

I based this on the fact that your wife has 1.2 m which is emergency money not spending money since you sponsoring her as well.

Do you have any other stream of income?.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by giselle237: 9:56pm On Mar 05, 2023
vozkini:
whose income? Hoe much is the rent inside this 10 million you are declaring?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by vozkini(m): 11:50pm On Mar 05, 2023
Yes
giselle237:
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by vozkini(m): 11:50pm On Mar 05, 2023
giselle237:
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Nobody: 12:16am On Mar 06, 2023
vozkini:
Is this separate from the £14k or included?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Abikeadebey: 1:46am On Mar 06, 2023
shewa12345:
Hello Everyone,
My mum just got a refusal email. The main reason was that the school she owns and manages "is currently inactive and
therefore not operating and generating any revenues." The school is obviously operating and generating revenue but I guess it shows up as inactive. We even included the school's up-to-date tax payment receipts but I guess that wasn't enough. Even though I was stated as the sponsor with more than enough money in USD shown to sponsor her stay, no reference was

made to that in the refusal letter. I live in the US and was also planning to visit the UK to see my mum. All of this was mentioned in the application but I guess it wasn't enough.

My question is this: how have people with businesses sorted out this CAC thing? Did you go to CAC to contest this? did you send an email? how long did it take them to update it? what did you do? Thank you so much for your help.

Hello did your mom later get her visa and how long did it take before she reapplied ?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Adimorah: 9:40am On Mar 06, 2023
I just booked an appointment. I had to select just one of the added services. I guess you should do the same, maybe after, you can buy more services.

blackboy2star:
Hello House.. Please I need help.
I am trying to pay TLS for weeks now using my four different cards and always return unsuccessful. I want to pay for self services with FLEXI cos the application is for three of us, Myself, wife and daughter choosing IKEJA submission center.
Below is what's showing on TLS after logging-in now on my application and that of the other two.
Please what to do and how can i contact TLS over this?

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Adimorah: 9:47am On Mar 06, 2023
Also, I had to use my phone. Made sure the browser is on the latest version.

Adimorah:
I just booked an appointment. I had to select just one of the added services. I guess you should do the same, maybe after, you can buy more services.

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Cypt: 3:22pm On Mar 06, 2023
I no have 6.5 in the account, thanks a lot.
dduchess90:
Hello

Why are all the funds in yours now?

You could have yours in your account but he had already applied with funds in his account, so moving everything seems to complicate things except you have a good reason for that, besides you didn't provide a consent letter for your spouse to say he had access to funds now in your account for his study when he applied.

If the ECO doesn't pick this up then that's fine,if it's spotted then be prepared to submit more evidence

Also there is thread for study visa you can get more response from others

Cheers

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Cypt: 3:24pm On Mar 06, 2023
I now have 6.5 in my account. I will keep you updated. Thanks a lot for the response.

Peterdapox:

This woman don't make another mistake. Use another bank statement that is different from your husband but still yours and don't include anything maintenance funds apart from your own. Your hubby is already in uk so apply for your own as a dependent
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by SarahKrm2: 3:32pm On Mar 06, 2023
My brother did his bio on 14th feb priority visitor visa. Still no decision.
Escalated, did paid calls and emails still nothing.
I don’t think it’s looking positive, but at least let them return his passport.
Anyone still waiting for a decision ?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Olubunmi101: 7:23pm On Mar 06, 2023
Please Advice!!!!
I have submitted my CAS request form and My deadline for financial evidence submission is march 27. Here's the problem:
The money was paid into the account on February 27. Buh I will printing the statement from 28th of February to 27th of march. I did transactions on the 28th of February, as well as every other day, I also intend to transact on the account on the 27th of march before printing out the statement. My concern now is the 28th day falls on the 27th of march, is it safe to print out the statement that same day. Hope my CAS request won't be rejected?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Nobody: 8:03pm On Mar 06, 2023
Olubunmi101:
Please Advice!!!!
I have submitted my CAS request form and My deadline for financial evidence submission is march 27. Here's the problem:
The money was paid into the account on February 27. Buh I will printing the statement from 28th of February to 27th of march. I did transactions on the 28th of February, as well as every other day, I also intend to transact on the account on the 27th of march before printing out the statement. My concern now is the 28th day falls on the 27th of march, is it safe to print out the statement that same day. Hope my CAS request won't be rejected?
It seems like you already see the problem.
Read what the guideline says then count if you have met the required 28 days.You might as well print from the day the funds entered your account that’s 27th February.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Agent765: 8:12pm On Mar 06, 2023
AskGod07:

Try and post the refusal letter so people can advise you

pls can you help me delete this post because of my name. i had to open a new acc. Nairaland doesnt help with editing username and other mentions with my name Abelpre. thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Agent765: 8:14pm On Mar 06, 2023
infosoftlife:

Stop declaring and be truthful.
It wasn't written anywhere the money you should spend as monthly expenses.
Your financial statement was used against you because it doesn't add up to what you declared.
Why are you crying when you have a good sum of money in your account? Is the trip that significant?!
pls can you help delete this post because of my name. plsss. i just opened a new acc.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Agent765: 8:15pm On Mar 06, 2023
Mrmoney90:

A very avoidable error.. “the ECO doesn’t check withdrawals”, just shows how daft most agents are. As long as you supplied how much monthly expenditure you make, they always check to verify. It is based on the information you provide they use to access your application. Sometimes, I feel less information, but properly presented, speaks volume.

Also, having a huge opening balance is not the Koko, they check your inflow and outflow and see if it corresponds with your opening balance.. there has to be a rhythm.
please can you help delete this post you quoted on because of my name. i just opened a new acc. nairaland doesnt help with editing username if you go to page 365 -368 you will see the name. pls and all mentions. thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Agent765: 8:22pm On Mar 06, 2023
IL
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Olubunmi101: 8:33pm On Mar 06, 2023
Tutu82:

It seems like you already see the problem.
Read what the guideline says then count if you have met the required 28 days.You might as well print from the day the funds entered your account that’s 27th February.

If I print from 27th, it will raise questions as to where the fund came from and all that.
I just don't know if it's a problem to print out on the 28th day.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by infosoftlife: 8:39pm On Mar 06, 2023
Agent765:
please can you delete this post. my name is showing. i just created a new account. nairaland doesnt help with editing username. pls askgod07, MrMoney90,infosoftlife and giselle237. the post pages is 365-368 jan 26-28th i guess. plss my name is out there. just delete the post where you quoted on the post and my name is showing
Only the mod @justwise can help you with your request.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Agent765: 8:44pm On Mar 06, 2023
[IL
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Agent765: 8:50pm On Mar 06, 2023
il

(1) (2) (3) ... (393) (394) (395) (396) (397) (398) (399) ... (614) (Reply)

UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.