Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,279 members, 7,815,475 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:56 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 - Travel (397) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 (829110 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (394) (395) (396) (397) (398) (399) (400) ... (614) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Agent765: 10:07pm On Mar 06, 2023
IL
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by aameyah(f): 10:40pm On Mar 06, 2023
I am a student in the UK, and I am trying to apply for a visa for my mum to visit briefly. Can I use my email to apply for her?

Should I also open an email for her?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by vozkini(m): 11:01pm On Mar 06, 2023
No
Tutu82:

Is this separate from the £14k or included?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Aystar78: 12:36am On Mar 07, 2023
no medical yet......biometric June 17th

Please help me with your insight and idea
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by canadaman18: 1:05am On Mar 07, 2023
Good evening house ,

I’m a resident of Canada looking to sponsor a 7-10 day trip for myself , mom and dad to go visit the UK for tourism . Expected cost maybe 3-4K pounds for us 3.

Both mom and dad have good travel history with valid Canadian visas but are essentially both retired. This is what I’m thinking doc wise

Myself :
-Identity/Residency Document(Passport data page)
-Letter of sponsorship saying I’ll cover all costs
- itinerary showing what we’ll do
- Letter from my employer
- statement of account (plan to show at least 40K pounds equivalent)
- tax return docs to support employment and income
- pay stub to support employment and income

Parents
- Passport BioPage
- Previous and valid visas
- bank statement ?( they can probably only show around 1M - 1.5M )
- land documents for ties

Anything else that can make this a solid application ?

Thanks for your help
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Nobody: 1:14am On Mar 07, 2023
vozkini:

No
No to which?.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Yemi234: 9:20am On Mar 07, 2023
SarahKrm2:
My brother did his bio on 14th feb priority visitor visa. Still no decision.
Escalated, did paid calls and emails still nothing.
I don’t think it’s looking positive, but at least let them return his passport.
Anyone still waiting for a decision ?

I did bio on the 21st of feb, priority visitor visa as well. It’s been at “application received by the DMC” since 24th of feb. I haven’t gotten a response nor my passport yet, I wonder why. And what the money for the priority service was for

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by giselle237: 11:12am On Mar 07, 2023
canadaman18:
Good evening house ,

I’m a resident of Canada looking to sponsor a 7-10 day trip for myself , mom and dad to go visit the UK for tourism . Expected cost maybe 3-4K pounds for us 3.

Both mom and dad have good travel history with valid Canadian visas but are essentially both retired. This is what I’m thinking doc wise

Myself :

Parents
- Passport BioPage

the valid Canadian visas has already made it solid. Don’t just do as if you know this part. Show proofs of relationship between all involved. That is the more important. Birth certificates, pictures to name a few. If you have embarked on previous trips like this include them and lots of pictures trips to Canada to visit you.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by SarahKrm2: 12:30pm On Mar 07, 2023
Yemi234:

I did bio on the 21st of feb, priority visitor visa as well. It’s been at “application received by the DMC” since 24th of feb. I haven’t gotten a response nor my passport yet, I wonder why. And what the money for the priority service was for

Did you get the under consideration email?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by dirolad(m): 2:14pm On Mar 07, 2023
aameyah:
I am a student in the UK, and I am trying to apply for a visa for my mum to visit briefly. Can I use my email to apply for her?

Should I also open an email for her?
use another mail for her application.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Blackfinegirl(f): 2:39pm On Mar 07, 2023
Horlaidey007:
Do You mean 20th February? I did mine on 17th February. I have not gotten a mail for pick up.

It was priority
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Yemi234: 3:30pm On Mar 07, 2023
SarahKrm2:

Did you get the under consideration email?

Yes, I did.
I just received an email from TLS just now, saying my passport is ready for collection and been transferred to courier for delivery.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Yemi234: 3:36pm On Mar 07, 2023
Hello everyone,

I just received an email from TLS, my passport is ready for collection and has been transferred to courier for delivery. Hmm. Please does this mean I got the visa? Last time I applied in 2020, I was sent a refusal email before a collection email.

I had some sort of ptsd from that application so I’m worried about this one?

2 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by canadaman18: 3:54pm On Mar 07, 2023
giselle237:
the valid Canadian visas has already made it solid. Don’t just do as if you know this part. Show proofs of relationship between all involved. That is the more important. Birth certificates, pictures to name a few. If you have embarked on previous trips like this include them and lots of pictures trips to Canada to visit you.

Thanks ! I’ll be sure to do that .
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Africankel(m): 4:52pm On Mar 07, 2023
Yemi234:
Hello everyone,

I just received an email from TLS, my passport is ready for collection and has been transferred to courier for delivery. Hmm. Please does this mean I got the visa? Last time I applied in 2020, I was sent a refusal email before a collection email.

I had some sort of ptsd from that application so I’m worried about this one?

If you didn't receive a refusal mail prior to the dispatch of your passport, there's a likelihood your visa has been granted.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Yemi234: 5:18pm On Mar 07, 2023
Africankel:

If you didn't receive a refusal mail prior to the dispatch of your passport, there's a likelihood your visa has been granted.

I really hope so. Thank you
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Thegamingorca(m): 5:27pm On Mar 07, 2023
Agent765:
please can you help delete this post you quoted on because of my name. i just opened a new acc. nairaland doesnt help with editing username if you go to page 365 -368 you will see the name. pls and all mentions. thanks

You don turn agent kuma. It's sounds like you are just fishing for info
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by infosoftlife: 6:26pm On Mar 07, 2023
canadaman18:
Good evening house ,

Myself :

Parents
- Passport BioPage

Anything else that can make this a solid application ?

Thanks for your help

In addition, add pictures of you and your parents in Canada and other photos available.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by jeslom: 6:52pm On Mar 07, 2023
Quick one , please how much to book an appointment on tls contact . Please reply if you know
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by jeslom: 7:10pm On Mar 07, 2023
Make una answer me na. Nairalanders . How much for appointment fee on tls contact abeg
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by leef2022: 8:56pm On Mar 07, 2023
jeslom:
Make una answer me na. Nairalanders . How much for appointment fee on tls contact abeg

TLS? to collect passport?
Pls Google that thing my friend.

Some info som wait for NL to give, if you google you would get it fast and straight up.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by giselle237: 9:12pm On Mar 07, 2023
jeslom:
Quick one , please how much to book an appointment on tls contact . Please reply if you know
it is free.. only special services are paid for. Appointment is free
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Agent765: 9:44pm On Mar 07, 2023
Thegamingorca:

You don turn agent kuma. It's sounds like you are just fishing for info
Pls just shutup if you dont know what to say.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Peterdapox: 12:13am On Mar 08, 2023
Yemi234:

Go to TLS centre, you have an higher Chance of picking your passport there, don't wait for collection mail
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by crossbonehelped: 8:39am On Mar 08, 2023
Good morning House.
I applied for a UK standard visit visa and did my biometrics on Feb 20.
I had a program I am to attend on May 5 and was supposed to arrive in UK on April 25 which was what I wrote on my visa application form.
I was issued the visa and noticed that my entry date was written as 18th of May instead of 18th of April.
Please what do I do? Am I supposed to pay for a new visa application or write them or what?
Thanks.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Peterdapox: 9:07am On Mar 08, 2023
crossbonehelped:
Good morning House.
I applied for a UK standard visit visa and did my biometrics on Feb 20.
I had a program I am to attend on May 5 and was supposed to arrive in UK on April 25 which was what I wrote on my visa application form.
I was issued the visa and noticed that my entry date was written as 18th of May instead of 18th of April.
Please what do I do? Am I supposed to pay for a new visa application or write them or what?
Thanks.
Write a letter to UKVI stating the mix up
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by geolan(m): 10:29am On Mar 08, 2023
Hello house,

While filling the UK visa application form for renewal, there is this section for travel history to UK.

I want to know if the date of application is the same as the date

1) I started the application
2) The biometric date
3) Or visa “valid from” date

I have attached the picture for more clearance.

I started the visa process in May, I submitted in June, I got my visa in August and my visa was valid from September.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Cashmadam: 10:40am On Mar 08, 2023
geolan:
Hello house,

While filling the UK visa application form for renewal, there is this section for travel history to UK.

I want to know if the date of application is the same as the date

1) I started the application
2) The biometric date
3) Or visa “valid from” date

I have attached the picture for more clearance.

I started the visa process in May, I submitted in June, I got my visa in August and my visa was valid from September.

It's the date (month) you got the visa
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by geolan(m): 11:24am On Mar 08, 2023
Cashmadam:

It's the date (month) you got the visa

Oh great. Thanks for the swift response.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Yemi234: 2:22pm On Mar 08, 2023
I just got my first UK visa. Thankful

7 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Mrmoney90: 2:55pm On Mar 08, 2023
Hello guys, I’m asking on behalf of myself. Please if you have a child from a relationship and you get married to someone else and applying as dependent, or a dependent to a live in partner, would your application be affected? If yes, what should I do right.

I know I give advise here, but I just need to be sure I’m getting things right
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by infosoftlife: 4:13pm On Mar 08, 2023
Mrmoney90:
Hello guys, I’m asking on behalf of myself. Please if you have a child from a relationship and you get married to someone else and applying as dependent, or a dependent to a live in partner, would your application be affected? If yes, what should I do right.

I know I give advise here, but I just need to be sure I’m getting things right

If you are traveling with a minor, you need a consent letter, a notarized letter of consent from the child's other parent or legal guardian, permitting for the child to travel with you. This letter should contain the other parent's full name, contact information, signature, and the child's full name and date of birth. If the other parent is deceased, you must provide a death certificate. If the other parent's whereabouts are unknown, you must provide a court order showing that you have sole custody of the child.

A copy of the child's birth certificate should be included.

Also include picture evidence. You both might even snap a picture holding the consent letter together.

(1) (2) (3) ... (394) (395) (396) (397) (398) (399) (400) ... (614) (Reply)

UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20

Viewing this topic: Nerojoy and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.