Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,256 members, 7,849,931 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 11:40 AM

The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) - Properties (37) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) (294587 Views)

How Can I Build A 6 Bedroom Duplex With 6.5m Naira / Construction Of A 6 Bedroom Duplex At Owerri / The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) ... (93) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by Ogbefi007: 8:12am On Nov 02, 2011
What is happening oh, why the prolong silence!!!!! or have we migrated to another thread?? i need to know
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by spyder880(m): 9:18am On Nov 02, 2011
^^^^ work dey go on, just spoke to my bricklayer and he confirmed that he is on site. I am using only one bricklayer and an assistant to ensure uniformity and overall work quality. Thats. The reason for the delay.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by Ogbefi007: 1:10pm On Nov 02, 2011
Elder Sypder880, thanks for the information, i was scared before weather we don abandon this thread. I know teh next update we will get from you will be waoooooooooohed,

Although u sound like u have loose touch with your project because prior now, it was usually YOU YOU YOU now u are calling the bricklayer, very much unlike u cause u are usually on site,anyway u are agbalagba sha so u fit afford to lose some cash? lol

i hope you trust the bricklayer
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by kez007: 3:50pm On Nov 02, 2011
Bobos how far? I've been following this thread for a while now and it is really impressive with a lot of information, i am also a construction guy/REI and decided to strat a thread on my latest project, Unlike spyder, my updates will be weekly instead of daily but i hope it becomes an interesting journey.

Spyder880, oh boy u too much!!! i duff my hat for you!!!!!!!!!!

Link is below,

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-795113.0.html

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by spyder880(m): 5:29pm On Nov 02, 2011
@ Ogbefi, the bricklayer is very trusted and am always around as my office is very near to the site (less than 2 mins drive). I am just coming out of the site now and saw your post.The building is taking shape and getting more lovely.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by spyder880(m): 5:31pm On Nov 02, 2011
@ kez007, welcome on board and please move on with your project, I will be coming over to enjoy the building process with you on your thread from time to time, building can be so much fun if you are as passionate about it as me.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by eros(m): 7:34pm On Nov 02, 2011
@ Spyder880,

What are the pros and cons of not using a German floor for a bungalow building? Is it safe to build the foundation with 14 pillars holding the building together and when the building gets to roofing level, the German floor will be done.

The reason for this is so that the sand on the foundation can better compress over time before the roofing stage. By this time, the sand would have compressed some more, then more sand filling done before the German floor is finally done.

What's your take and expert advise on this?
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by spyder880(m): 9:29pm On Nov 02, 2011
@ eros, sorry as am tied up with work since last week, but I believe this point about German floor in bungalows was treated more than twice on two occasions in this thead, please look back some pages and find the way we treated it, see ya later.

@ALL look at these 2 steps and see the difference

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by Ogbefi007: 5:48am On Nov 03, 2011
Yea it was treated extensively!
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by spyder880(m): 10:40am On Nov 05, 2011
some pictures from my house, the work on the upper areas are rounding up

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by spyder880(m): 10:44am On Nov 05, 2011
just one bricklayer and an assistant are on duty for the past 10 days

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by spyder880(m): 10:49am On Nov 05, 2011
and the house front, the golden sunlight, and sweet evenings when I will be sitting in front of this house sipping some fresh pammy and remembering when I was a young man wink cheesy grin grin grin grin

Note the pillar bases formed with blocks before the wheel barrow on the ground, this pillar works will take place next week.

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by Ogbefi007: 11:52am On Nov 05, 2011
Sypder, na only pammy u wan shack, for me i go top my onw with better bush meat ooooooooh. lol

i got the golden sunlight reflecting at the front entrance, please could u place a figure so far spent to this level, am trying to do check and balances on my own project.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by spyder880(m): 12:19pm On Nov 05, 2011
^^^ my brother, I dont joke with bush meat at all, and pammy dont go down well with foreign products, it is best taken with local goodies like the bush meat.

I am still tabulating the figures and am thinking I have since crossed the N2.9m mark, I only fear that I dont cross into N3m
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by NextHome(m): 12:58pm On Nov 05, 2011
Bros, Well Done! A House is like a "box" into which we will put dozens of related "parts" in a wonderful journey - the journey of building affordable homes.
May God grant you accelerated speed in your project.

Nice work. Thanks for sharing with us.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by spyder880(m): 2:49pm On Nov 05, 2011
^^^ Thank you bros, I value your help and encouragement.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by Jussi(m): 3:58pm On Nov 05, 2011
Oga Spyder, the beauty of your house is being revealed with every new block. Neatness of your upper floor is obvious, no wonder you chose to overhaul your team. You surely have some of the best hands.
More oil of grace and cash to sustain this project till completion and even beyond.
Amen.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by Fhemmmy: 4:00pm On Nov 05, 2011
Thanks for this lovely pix . . . . looking nice and cute.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by spyder880(m): 4:15pm On Nov 05, 2011
^^^^ Thank you Jussi and Fhemmmy, I have now chosen some members of my team and am getting to know their special capabilities as we move along. Some are good in places where you least expect, others turned out to be disappointments.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by Fhemmmy: 4:20pm On Nov 05, 2011
spyder880:

^^^^ Thank you Jussi and Fhemmmy, I have now chosen some members of my team and am getting to know their special capabilities as we move along. Some are good in places where you least expect, others turned out to be disappointments.

That is always the case in choosing your team, that will even help u to trust each other more, and know those that are reliable and those that are doing the work only for money . . . .and this will give you the opportunity to know how to mobilize them on projects.

But i really wish that all these project that we have been using to learn will keep going, cos the Property section is going back to the dogs little by little, the way it was before you and brabus took it over, i hope and pray that things will go back to when you and brabus was so much teaching us and we were having so much fun.

For record purpose, you have been my reason for constant coming back to the property section . . . .kudos to you
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by Ogbefi007: 5:25pm On Nov 05, 2011
Guys please oh i am still behind oh, lets guide against letting the dogs taking over, i have not even dug my foundation oh, i still need to be guided oh, just finished with blocks molding and i have a little bit above 4000 blocks to kick off, brothers i started with the hopes that i will be guided by you guys, this is not time to let the Dogs out at all, it will be tantamount to leading me half way to paradise! until now what i use to haggle with my contractors is what i gather from this bloc, cos i know next to nothing about building! cry cry cry cry cry

i dey una hand oh

Just guide me this once and i will build a skyscraper in the village in no distance time. grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by Fhemmmy: 9:33pm On Nov 05, 2011
^^^ Congratulations my brother and God that started it with you will help u till the end.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by Ogbefi007: 5:57am On Nov 06, 2011
Amen and Amen
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by Costa2000(m): 5:29pm On Nov 07, 2011
Ogbefi carry go,God dey ur side.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by spyder880(m): 6:33pm On Nov 07, 2011
We are still doing this site, my workers are casting the topmost concrete levels before roofing (very tricky work) I have also finalized arrangements for the casting of the 3 outer pillars to commence first thing tomorrow morning. I chose 2 square pillars and one pentagon shape for the front. The pillar works will be showcased here, live!
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by Fhemmmy: 8:58pm On Nov 07, 2011
spyder880:

We are still doing this site, my workers are casting the topmost concrete levels before roofing (very tricky work) I have also finalized arrangements for the casting of the 3 outer pillars to commence first thing tomorrow morning. I chose 2 square pillars and one pentagon shape for the front. The pillar works will be showcased here, live!

Learn better with pix . . . cos english no be my first language . . . cool
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by spyder880(m): 9:44pm On Nov 07, 2011
^^^^ all the pictures of how they make those designed pillars will be shown here. I am involved in making the cast design of my pillar designer. The guy drew all the designs he could remember on paper and I chose one simple design. This will take like 10 bags of cement for the 3 pillars measuring 9" square x 24 feet long.

I am choosing to make this pillar simple, small in diameter because I can decide to change my mind in future. If by the next 5 years that I choose to hate the design and want to change it, I will simply ask the to make another pillar 'coat' and wear on this one, casting it with concrete and the whole thing will become new again.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by Fhemmmy: 9:51pm On Nov 07, 2011
^^^ You are just too good . . . .keep doing your thing, Brother
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by Emperoh(m): 11:34pm On Nov 07, 2011
Confirmed 042 brought up signing in!!
Spyder i dey hail oo. . . . . .thanks for keeping the fire burning!

Anyi a da agba last!!
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by Fhemmmy: 12:19am On Nov 08, 2011
Emperoh:

Confirmed 042 brought up signing in!!
Spyder i dey hail oo. . . . . .thanks for keeping the fire burning!

Anyi a da agba last!!

I never knew that you too dey come this side now . . . . . I hail oh
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by Ogbefi007: 12:28am On Nov 08, 2011
Oya e don do make una sleep, I m sure spyder gets good designs when he sleeps through meditation! So every body hit the blanket now! Lol
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by Fhemmmy: 1:20am On Nov 08, 2011
Ogbefi_007:

Oya e don do make una sleep, I m sure spyder gets good designs when he sleeps through meditation! So every body hit the blanket now! Lol

Never forget that some people's evening is another person's morning . . . That is what make God awesomely powerful

(1) (2) (3) ... (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) ... (93) (Reply)

Buy Original Stamped Concrete Materials. / Fences And Gates In Pictures And Prices / Cost Of Building A House In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 106
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.