Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,164 members, 7,849,595 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 04:54 AM

The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) - Properties (39) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) (294579 Views)

How Can I Build A 6 Bedroom Duplex With 6.5m Naira / Construction Of A 6 Bedroom Duplex At Owerri / The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) ... (93) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by Fhemmmy: 9:01pm On Nov 08, 2011
^^^ Now i can understand, thanks for taking time to explain . . . . so let the class continue
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by spyder880(m): 9:57pm On Nov 08, 2011
On another level, I will be holding final meetings with my new client who wants me to start his 4 bedroom bungalow somewhere in Enugu. The plans have been drawn and approved and some materials are already on site. The meeting will be held by tomorrow morning and we shall decide when the job will take off, but sorry to disappoint you guys, this client does not want me to show his house here on nairaland, I am going to beg him tomorrow to allow me showcase his house here, so we can learn more.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by Ogbefi007: 10:06pm On Nov 08, 2011
Now clearer for me too! If your new client finally agree with you to showcase n monitor the growth it will be splendid for some of us that meet you mid way into this completed edifice! Please try to get him to agree
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by Ogbefi007: 10:13pm On Nov 08, 2011
Forgot to add, I ve finally stopped molding for the time being. Already got 4500 blocks at site and my contractor wants mr to buy 30 tons of granite for the Germany floor and the decking! He said N185,000 will do the magic? Is the price and quantity fair?
Need I remind guys that I m doing a storey building of 2 Flt down and 2 Flt up. Each flat with be 3bdrm. The ideal is to deck and concentrate on the down flats and later do the upper flats as cash inflow improves!
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by spyder880(m): 10:19pm On Nov 08, 2011
^^ for full 10 ton of Granite around Enugu, I heard its going for N75k now. Maybe Benin will be better, plus I dont think 30 ton can do only the decking of 2 flats, not to talk of the German floor.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by Ogbefi007: 10:44pm On Nov 08, 2011
Sorry maybe I didnt make it clear the target is the germany floor and if it remains we will just add to make up for the decking! Will the 30ton not be sufficient for my specification?
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by Fhemmmy: 10:46pm On Nov 08, 2011
spyder880:

On another level, I will be holding final meetings with my new client who wants me to start his 4 bedroom bungalow somewhere in Enugu. The plans have been drawn and approved and some materials are already on site. The meeting will be held by tomorrow morning and we shall decide when the job will take off, but sorry to disappoint you guys, this client does not want me to show his house here on nairaland, I am going to beg him tomorrow to allow me showcase his house here, so we can learn more.

Tell the Client that if he will allow you to showcase the house here for us to learn, see and admire, we will give him a brand new Blackberry Torch when all is done and if we are able to see the end of the project within months oh . . . .Lol
I beg, beg him cos we really loving all these and to see your clientele growing, it is awesome and i am so happy for you
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by Ogbefi007: 10:56pm On Nov 08, 2011
@fhemmy u funny oh how can I give blackberry phone to the client when I dey use nokia 3210, a.k.a keysoap! Lol
Abeg how many tons of granite I need to do germany floor jare?
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by Fhemmmy: 10:59pm On Nov 08, 2011
Ogbefi_007:

@fhemmy u funny oh how can I give blackberry phone to the client when I dey use nokia 3210, a.k.a keysoap! [/b]Lol
Abeg how many tons of granite I need to do germany floor jare?

[b]Chief, Talk to me and lemme hook u up with nice Blackberry Phone oh . . . I sell phones and all technology stuff too, not just cars oh
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by Ogbefi007: 11:08pm On Nov 08, 2011
Bro answer my granite question first, I m sure nobody uses nokia3210 anymore!
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by Fhemmmy: 11:13pm On Nov 08, 2011
Ogbefi_007:

Bro answer my granite question first, I m sure nobody uses nokia3210 anymore!

I no be building guru oh , . . . I am here learning too and cant offer much
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by Ogbefi007: 11:33pm On Nov 08, 2011
No issue I will wait for them to answer
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by NextHome(m): 11:47pm On Nov 08, 2011
Ogbefi_007:

Forgot to add, I ve finally stopped molding for the time being. Already got 4500 blocks at site and my contractor wants mr to buy 30 tons of granite for the Germany floor and the decking! He said N185,000 will do the magic? Is the price and quantity fair?
Need I remind guys that I m doing a storey building of 2 Flt down and 2 Flt up. Each flat with be 3bdrm. The ideal is to deck and concentrate on the down flats and later do the upper flats as cash inflow improves!

30 tons granite cannot do the German floor and Decking. What will you use for the columns, beams, lintels? Is it not from the same granite? 30 tons in Lagos is btw N130 - N150k depending on location (ie. distance)
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by Fhemmmy: 12:01am On Nov 09, 2011
NextHome:

30 tons granite cannot do the German floor and Decking. What will you use for the columns, beams, lintels? Is it not from the same granite? 30 tons in Lagos is btw N130 - N150k depending on location (ie. distance)

There you go . . . the gurus are here finally
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by eros(m): 7:51am On Nov 09, 2011
NextHome:

Granite is sold here in Ibadan for 2,200k per Ton, so multiply that by 30 Tons and you get 66,000k. Your site location now determines how much you are charged for transportation and if you haggle well, you get a good price. And by the way, 2,200k per Ton is standard QUARRY price, because i buy my granite directly from the quarry at Moniya in Ojo.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by Ogbefi007: 2:26pm On Nov 09, 2011
@all happy these are here again, but i feel i have been cheated by paying 170k for 30 tons of granite, ( granite will be picked up from AUCHI and my site is in Benin) i was told also that sometime they give less than 28tons and call is 30tons.

Even in the least of items like nails bobos go still get Egunjie inside, well maybe this is the price i might have to pay for not been on ground, Thanks guys i am better equipped,
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by Fhemmmy: 2:56pm On Nov 09, 2011
Here to learn
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by spyder880(m): 2:49pm On Nov 11, 2011
more

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by spyder880(m): 2:50pm On Nov 11, 2011
more

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by spyder880(m): 4:19pm On Nov 11, 2011
Work is still going on in this site as only the pillar workers are on duty. We bought an additional trip of sand and will be buying more cement to start the casting proper. After this we shall be hanging the top beams.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by eros(m): 4:55pm On Nov 11, 2011
spyder880:

Work is still going on in this site as only the pillar workers are on duty. We bought an additional trip of sand and will be buying more cement to start the casting proper. After this we shall be hanging the top beams.

This is good to know, I was beginning to wonder why there was no update till now. I am closely learning and applying every knowledge acquired here on my on going project.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by Fhemmmy: 6:22pm On Nov 11, 2011
This is looking so good, learning continues
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by Nobody: 8:29am On Nov 14, 2011
BroS,

Can i HAVE THE CONTACT OF THE QUARRY. I want them to supply here in Lagos. Its way cheaper then what we buy here.

eros:

Granite is sold here in Ibadan for 2,200k per Ton, so multiply that by 30 Tons and you get 66,000k. Your site location now determines how much you are charged for transportation and if you haggle well, you get a good price. And by the way, 2,200k per Ton is standard QUARRY price, because i buy my granite directly from the quarry at Moniya in Ojo.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by eros(m): 9:06am On Nov 14, 2011
Atouba:

BroS,

Can i HAVE THE CONTACT OF THE QUARRY. I want them to supply here in Lagos. Its way cheaper then what we buy here.

@ Atouba,

If you want them to supply to Lagos, then i think the price will be almost the same as you are buying in Lagos considering what they will charge you for transportation. Nonetheless, the contact person is

TESLIM - 08034019316

What i think you should do since you are in Lagos is go to the nearest quarry and find out their best price which should be 2,200k - 2,500k per Ton. Then you negotiate how much they will charge for transportation to your site.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by Fhemmmy: 4:53pm On Nov 14, 2011
Teach us more oh
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by Nobody: 11:29pm On Nov 14, 2011
@ Everybody in the house!!!

Good day all!!! I have a question and please I need answers.

How can a person cover a deep old pit toilet and build a house ontop of it so that it will not sink latter when all the whole shit has decayed?

Am planning to cover it with broken blocks and broken concrete and leave it for one year.

How do that look??

Please I need answers.

Thank you all.

Peace!!!
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by NextHome(m): 12:07am On Nov 15, 2011
@Colin,

Which one be dis na? Anyway, broken blocks are subject to liquefaction and have poor load bearing capacity and may lead to excessive settlement. What I'd advice is to excavate the pit and fill back with good load bearing soil.

This is what I'd do if I'm in that situation - especially if the groundwater in the area is high. Don't just assume
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by Fhemmmy: 3:21pm On Nov 15, 2011
Updates, Sir
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by spyder880(m): 8:20pm On Nov 15, 2011
^^^ they are standing the pillars today but I am not in town, I dey Lasgidi dey work and I will update picture progress as soon I return to Enugu.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by Fhemmmy: 8:27pm On Nov 15, 2011
spyder880:

^^^ they are standing the pillars today but I am not in town, I dey Lasgidi dey work and I will update picture progress as soon I return to Enugu.

You dey for Lagidi dey enjoy and u no come gimme some
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by spyder880(m): 8:59pm On Nov 15, 2011
^^^ Bros na so I see am o, I thought I will not come but here am I on 5 days trip. Will be back in Enugu soonest, let me tour Lagos some little.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by Favourme2: 12:42am On Nov 16, 2011
Hi @spyder880, Ogbefi_007 and Other Gurus,

I have been following this thread and learning alot. I have learnt how not to waste money anymore so that I can invest in property. Last month, I bought a flat 100 x 100 land for 1.5m. I need to spend again for development levy, building plan and survey. From a novice point of view, I plan to have 1-storey building (3-bedroom flats - 2 up and 2 down) and in the future build another one if there is enough space left.

Please, I want you guys to help with estimate of 1 building. I like @Ogbefi_007's plan and others have asked about estimate cost. Guys, please, can you let me know what the cost estimate will be? I needed this to be able to decide if I can build it or start just a bungalow:

1. Foundation with German floor (land is solid and dry) =>
2. Raising ground floor, lintel and decking =>
3. Raising upper level and roofing =>

Also, will the entire 100 x 100 contain 2 upstairs ( each 2 flats up and 2 flats down)?

(1) (2) (3) ... (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) ... (93) (Reply)

Buy Original Stamped Concrete Materials. / Fences And Gates In Pictures And Prices / Cost Of Building A House In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.