Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,358 members, 7,850,319 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 06:15 PM

The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) - Properties (38) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) (294613 Views)

How Can I Build A 6 Bedroom Duplex With 6.5m Naira / Construction Of A 6 Bedroom Duplex At Owerri / The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) ... (93) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by Down4real: 8:24am On Nov 08, 2011
FOR RENT

BRANDNEW
2 UNITS OF 2 BEDROOM FLAT FOR RENT IN SAME GLOBAL ESTATE NEAR SUNVILLE ESTATE ABUJA

RENT:N850k PER ANNUM ONE YEAR RENT ACCEPTABLE

BRANDNEW
2 UNITS OF 2 BEDROOM BUNGALOW FOR RENT IN LUGBE RENT:650K PER ANNUM ONE YEAR RENT ACCEPTABLE

FOR FURTHER DETAILS AND INSPECTION PLEASE CONTACT LEYE:08139592236 OR ALEX:08188124756
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by spyder880(m): 11:27am On Nov 08, 2011
I have spent 2 hours with these guys and am documenting the process of casting designed pillars. These guys started by bringing in sand (normal sharp sand) and sieving the sand to remove particles like stone and other foreign objects in the sand, after the sieving, they placed special boards with metal rails on either side of it, then the spayed enough water to wet the sand, (I understand this is done to keep the soil moist and moleable. They then use the levelling device to draw on the wet sand, creating some level pyramid top.

On this pyramid sand shape, they will now use cement/sand mixture (this mixture will be more of cement than sand. They will now make the chosen shapes on the cement to produce the design on the pillars. They then allow it to dry before use in 3 days time.

Pictures in some minutes.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by Ogbefi007: 12:09pm On Nov 08, 2011
Sharp sharp, I m waiting for the pictures!
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by Fhemmmy: 4:05pm On Nov 08, 2011
Ogbefi_007:

Sharp sharp, I m waiting for the pictures!

Seconded . . . . . .
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by Emperoh(m): 5:17pm On Nov 08, 2011
Fhemmmy:

I never knew that you too dey come this side now . . . . . I hail oh

I sneak in and sneak out.
But i couldn't hold back learning that this is 042 representing.
We support our very own! (042 = Enugu) 042 no dey carry last!!
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by spyder880(m): 5:41pm On Nov 08, 2011
^^^ Baba Emperor, so you be Omo Enugu? Wao! You are really representing my man, please pop in always so we can make area code 042 great here, you are very welcome bros.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by spyder880(m): 5:47pm On Nov 08, 2011
I paid an evening visit to the site and saw that they have used cement to cast some of the designed pillars, network is slow and I have been trying to upload pictures, will keep trying till the pictures can load.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by Fhemmmy: 6:00pm On Nov 08, 2011
spyder880:

^^^ Baba Emperor, so you be Omo Enugu? Wao! You are really representing my man, please pop in always so we can make area code 042 great here, you are very welcome bros.

I will visit there and represent too one day . . . .
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by Fhemmmy: 6:01pm On Nov 08, 2011
Emperoh:

I sneak in and sneak out.
But i couldn't hold back learning that this is 042 representing.
We support our very own! (042 = Enugu) 042 no dey carry last!!

Nice to know you do check us out here too . . . . . I super hail oh
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by Fhemmmy: 6:01pm On Nov 08, 2011
spyder880:

I paid an evening visit to the site and saw that they have used cement to cast some of the designed pillars, network is slow and I have been trying to upload pictures, will keep trying till the pictures can load.

Na God we take beg network oh, make e let us learn oh
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by spyder880(m): 6:15pm On Nov 08, 2011
ok, here we go

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by Fhemmmy: 6:18pm On Nov 08, 2011
Keep them coming . . . . God dey answer prayer oh
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by spyder880(m): 6:27pm On Nov 08, 2011
more

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by spyder880(m): 6:31pm On Nov 08, 2011
more

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by spyder880(m): 6:34pm On Nov 08, 2011
more

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by spyder880(m): 6:35pm On Nov 08, 2011
more

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by spyder880(m): 6:38pm On Nov 08, 2011
more

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by Fhemmmy: 6:41pm On Nov 08, 2011
That pillar is for where, what part of the house?
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by spyder880(m): 6:44pm On Nov 08, 2011
more

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by spyder880(m): 6:45pm On Nov 08, 2011
Fhemmmy:

That pillar is for where, what part of the house?

You mean that square block form, for the pillar base at the front of the building.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by spyder880(m): 6:46pm On Nov 08, 2011
more

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by spyder880(m): 6:48pm On Nov 08, 2011
more

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by Fhemmmy: 6:52pm On Nov 08, 2011
spyder880:

You mean that square block form, for the pillar base at the front of the building.

I think i talked too fast, lemme watch the pix first and ask questions, keep them coming, Sir
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by spyder880(m): 6:53pm On Nov 08, 2011
This pentagon design was chosen by me because a section of my house is shaped like that. Because of that I will place the pillar there to match that side of the building. We are yet to produce that one.

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by Fhemmmy: 7:12pm On Nov 08, 2011
Now i am lost . . . Teacher, go back a little, what part of the house are we doing?
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by spyder880(m): 7:26pm On Nov 08, 2011
We are doing only the front baba mi, all the 3 pillars will be in front of the house, there are 2 in the front that will stand the covered area that I intend to project into the front, covered with the roof to form the outside sit out. The pillar bases (2 of them outside are for these pillars.

Now there is the third pillar which will be pentagon in shape, placed at the right hand side ot the front, standing in the corner on the protruding German floor, this pentagon pillar will still be formed later tomorrow.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by Fhemmmy: 8:06pm On Nov 08, 2011
^^^ I am understanding but i guess, I will park this questions for now till later when i see more pix of the pillar erected . .
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by Ogbefi007: 8:14pm On Nov 08, 2011
Sitting at the edge waiting to see the outcome of the pillars! You guys have lost me cos I can't relate the pillars to the already completed edifice anymore! Like lemmmy said I ll wait a little bit when the pillars ate assembled in their rightful position!
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by Fhemmmy: 8:20pm On Nov 08, 2011
Ogbefi_007:

Sitting at the edge waiting to see the outcome of the pillars! You guys have lost me cos I can't relate the pillars to the already completed edifice anymore! Like lemmmy said I ll wait a little bit when the pillars ate assembled in their rightful position!

We are both on same page oh . . . I cant remember if i ever saw the blue print of this house or maybe the architectural drawings, maybe that will shed more light . . . .
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by spyder880(m): 8:25pm On Nov 08, 2011
^^^ I assure you guys this will come out very pretty, look at the front elevation of the other thread (in page 2 of the first thread, not this reloaded thread) and see how the pillars are placed in the plan of the building, or better still wait as we unfold all the plans and the building takes shape in 15 days max.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by Fhemmmy: 8:29pm On Nov 08, 2011
spyder880:

^^^ I assure you guys this will come out very pretty, look at the front elevation of the other thread (in page 2 of the first thread, not this reloaded thread) and see how the pillars are placed in the plan of the building, or better still wait as we unfold all the plans and the building takes shape in 15 days max.

Thanks . . . but i thought the pillar was round, but what i see on that pix is not round . . .

Here is the link you referring to: https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-606079.32.html#msg7756395
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by spyder880(m): 8:44pm On Nov 08, 2011
^^^ yes the architect drew round pillars, but being in the building business, I know I can twist and turn some external features of the building, tweaking the looks and playing with some patterns, thats the benefits of this building knowledge.

It will be difficult for me to see the number of pillar styles I saw and still restrict myself to what the architect drew, I even scaled down, what I wanted to do was that design where the pillar will be studded with colored tiles made with little cement mixtures, those were pretty but I didnt have the extra 60k to afford that type.

In conclusion, I changed the round design which is too common everywhere to this unique design which I jointly drew, I have never seen my type anywhere else.

(1) (2) (3) ... (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) ... (93) (Reply)

Buy Original Stamped Concrete Materials. / Fences And Gates In Pictures And Prices / Cost Of Building A House In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.