Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,012 members, 7,810,805 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:51 PM

I Think I Am Loving My Male Best Friend - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / I Think I Am Loving My Male Best Friend (48544 Views)

Should I Tell My Male Friend What I Noticed About His Wife? / A Newly Married Lady With Her Male Best Friend / Is It Normal For My Wife To Have A Male Best Friend? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Think I Am Loving My Male Best Friend by Sheleads(f): 8:57am On Feb 23, 2022
I met this best friend of mine early December last year, since then we have bonded very well.

The truth is that I am already loving this guy, but it looks like he is interested in another woman out there...

I don't want to come out desperate or a "do or die affair" he watches me get closer to another guy, but he speaks ill of the new guy I want to date. Right inside my heart, he is the guy I love. Since this guy isn't reciprocating my feelings, should I discard our friendship and move on with my life? Or reduce our closeness? I don't want to be hurt or look desperate.

If you don't Have anything reasonable to say don't comment.......

60 Likes 9 Shares

Re: I Think I Am Loving My Male Best Friend by Nobody: 8:59am On Feb 23, 2022
Tell him how you feel.

230 Likes 5 Shares

Re: I Think I Am Loving My Male Best Friend by Candidlady: 9:01am On Feb 23, 2022
Can't you guys bond as friends like plain good friends

Must bonding always be bout relationships(romantic blah blah)

Auntie free the guy leave him be...

186 Likes 6 Shares

Re: I Think I Am Loving My Male Best Friend by Nobody: 9:05am On Feb 23, 2022
Be open, tell him you have a crush on him. If he doesn't feel the same way, that should be the end of the friendship. Move on!

Reason for this is simple: you don't like him as a friend. You want more.

Being friendzoned by someone you have feelings for is the worst. You deserve better. It doesn't make him a bad person. You can't force attraction.

282 Likes 11 Shares

Re: I Think I Am Loving My Male Best Friend by Nobody: 9:05am On Feb 23, 2022
Candidlady:

You have never been in love or had very strong affections for someone, your insensitive post proves so.

233 Likes 6 Shares

Re: I Think I Am Loving My Male Best Friend by Nobody: 9:23am On Feb 23, 2022
Candidlady:

There's a saying... I don't remember it word for word... It's somewhat of an advice... "Not every love interest should be pursued"...

50 Likes 6 Shares

Re: I Think I Am Loving My Male Best Friend by Candidlady: 9:23am On Feb 23, 2022
Descottes:
You have never been in love or had very strong affections for someone, your insensitive post proves so.

On the contrary ihave been inlove, iam just a product of the pit of love ifell into... Hence my signature

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Think I Am Loving My Male Best Friend by Ahmed0336(m): 9:25am On Feb 23, 2022
Nawa o.

Just talk to him....

It's either a yes or no......

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Think I Am Loving My Male Best Friend by Nobody: 9:26am On Feb 23, 2022
Descottes:
Not insensitive... But mature...

I've liked some of my male friends...

But out of respect for our relationship... I killed the feelings before they grew...

Plus... I can be really close to a guy without liking him...

But it seems some people can't...

Any relationship with someone they are compatible with... They start crushing

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Think I Am Loving My Male Best Friend by Candidlady: 9:35am On Feb 23, 2022
BoredBerry:
There's a saying... I don't remember it word for word... It's somewhat of an advice... "Not every love interest should be pursued"...

Collect kiss

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Think I Am Loving My Male Best Friend by Baitullah: 9:36am On Feb 23, 2022
Boy and girl, best friend? Okay

8 Likes

Re: I Think I Am Loving My Male Best Friend by Sheleads(f): 9:38am On Feb 23, 2022
Descottes:
Tell him how you feel.
I am telling him indirectly, and he knows... He is a matured guy

17 Likes

Re: I Think I Am Loving My Male Best Friend by Blunttruth: 9:39am On Feb 23, 2022
Sheleads:
I met this best friend of mine early December last year, since then we have bonded very well. The truth is that I am already loving this guy, but it looks like he is interested in another woman out there... I don't want to come out desperate or a "do or die affair" he watches me get closer to another guy, but he speaks ill of the new guy I want to date. But in my heart, he is the guy I love... Since this guy isn't reciprocating my feelings, should I leave that our friendship and move on with my life? Or reduce our closeness? I don't want to be hurt or look desperate.....

Reduce the closeness, before you move to friends with benefits then enemies.

25 Likes

Re: I Think I Am Loving My Male Best Friend by Nobody: 9:43am On Feb 23, 2022
Candidlady:

Collect kiss
grin

Thanks!
Re: I Think I Am Loving My Male Best Friend by Nobody: 9:45am On Feb 23, 2022
Baitullah:
Boy and girl, best friend? Okay
Don't be horrible... It's possible... undecided

You're the sort of men women tend to avoid...

In secondary school... Most of my close friends were boys...

4 Likes

Re: I Think I Am Loving My Male Best Friend by Sheleads(f): 9:51am On Feb 23, 2022
Blunttruth:

Reduce the closeness, before you move to friends with benefits then enemies.

We were just speaking on phone as normal friends, the first day we met I was physically attracted to him. After the kinda lustful act I regretted it.. but we remained as close friends, we do everything a boyfriend and girlfriend do together, but we don't go out in public neither do any of his friends know me, this guy knows even my deepest secret, what linked us is that I needed a solution to a particular issue, which he intervened. Right now the bond, and closeness has changed my feelings for him. I feel like leaving that relationship because I will end up getting hurt... It's just annoying...

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Think I Am Loving My Male Best Friend by Nobody: 9:57am On Feb 23, 2022
BoredBerry:
Not insensitive... But mature...

I've liked some of my male friends...

But out of respect for our relationship... I killed the feelings before they grew...

Plus... I can be really close to a guy without liking him...

But it seems some people can't...

Any relationship with someone they are compatible with... They start crushing
You wouldn't understand cus you're not like her. People are different.

There are those who easily get attracted to someone.. but it's usually nothing strong, they can lose interest in a blink... and there are those who don't easily fall but when they do, they fall really deep (people like me, and probably the op)

You strike me as someone who can easily crush on the cute guy next door and lose interest the next day to crush on another cute guy around the neighborhood lol.
So I'm not surprised by your comment on this issue.
Like I said, people are different.

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Think I Am Loving My Male Best Friend by Nobody: 9:58am On Feb 23, 2022
BoredBerry:
Most of my close friends were boys...
you're a tomboy, it's normal.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Think I Am Loving My Male Best Friend by Odingo1: 9:59am On Feb 23, 2022
Sheleads:

We were just speaking on phone as normal friends, the first day we met I was physically attracted to him. After the kinda lustful act I regretted it.. but we remained as close friends, we do everything a boyfriend and girlfriend do together, but we don't go out in public neither do any of his friends know me, this guy knows even my deepest secret, what linked us is that I needed a solution to a particular issue, which he intervened. Right now the bond, and closeness has changed my feelings for him. I feel like leaving that relationship because I will end up getting hurt... It's just annoying...
Since you are having sex with him front and back, prank him with pregnancy and see the outcome if he will take responsibility.

5 Likes

Re: I Think I Am Loving My Male Best Friend by Sheleads(f): 10:01am On Feb 23, 2022
Odingo1:

Since you are having sex with him front and back, prank him with pregnancy and see the outcome if he will take responsibility.

Don't you think it's too much?? It will make matters worst.

5 Likes

Re: I Think I Am Loving My Male Best Friend by Nobody: 10:06am On Feb 23, 2022
Sheleads:

yikes!
You shouldve mentioned this on your initial post ma'am
You eff'd up really bad, I must say. This guy obviously doesn't want anything defined with you, he's just enjoying the 'fling'.
He's prolly a Playboy.
You're not ok with just sex and you want more, he won't give you that. The signs are crystal clear and you can see it.
Move on miss, forget about the friendship with him... you lost on this one.
You'll definitely meet someone for you, who'd love you as much as you love him. But first you gotta drop this dude.. and be fast about it.

45 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Think I Am Loving My Male Best Friend by nachisunday(m): 10:06am On Feb 23, 2022
Sheleads:
I met this best friend of mine early December last year, since then we have bonded very well. The truth is that I am already loving this guy, but it looks like he is interested in another woman out there... I don't want to come out desperate or a "do or die affair" he watches me get closer to another guy, but he speaks ill of the new guy I want to date. But in my heart, he is the guy I love... Since this guy isn't reciprocating my feelings, should I leave that our friendship and move on with my life? Or reduce our closeness? I don't want to be hurt or look desperate.....

If you don't Have anything reasonable to say don't comment........
Dont cut the feelings over him, just go and meet him in a way you will be kinda dull tell him how you have been ever since you put a deep eye on him just for you to be with him he will understand, but if he insist that he don't wanna double date, Then you will try to be by his side anytime anyday to show how you love him.

1 Like

Re: I Think I Am Loving My Male Best Friend by Nobody: 10:06am On Feb 23, 2022
Descottes:
You wouldn't understand cus you're not like her. People are different.

There are those who easily get attracted to people but it's usually nothing strong, they can lose interest in a blink, and there are those who don't easily fall but when they do, they fall really deep (people like me, and probably the op)
You strike me as someone who can easily crush on the cute guy next door and lose interest the next day to crush on another cute guy around the neighborhood lol.
So I'm not surprised by your comment on this issue. Like I said, people are different.
You're right... People are different...

I don't fall deeply... Not because of this [bolded]... But this: https://www.nairaland.com/6892444/philophobia-thread-those-scared-getting
Re: I Think I Am Loving My Male Best Friend by Nobody: 10:07am On Feb 23, 2022
Descottes:
you're a tomboy, it's normal.
I was bullied by the older girls too...

1 Like

Re: I Think I Am Loving My Male Best Friend by Sonnobax15(m): 10:09am On Feb 23, 2022
lipsrsealed
You better move on with your life......So long you've got the feeling that he isn't goan ask you out but you keep wasting your time thinking he'd someday ask you out,my dear, moveeee........

13 Likes

Re: I Think I Am Loving My Male Best Friend by nachisunday(m): 10:10am On Feb 23, 2022
Odingo1:

What's this one saying?...she is not toking about s*x or pregnancy, read it well and understand
Re: I Think I Am Loving My Male Best Friend by nachisunday(m): 10:14am On Feb 23, 2022
Sheleads:
I met this best friend of mine early December last year, since then we have bonded very well. The truth is that I am already loving this guy, but it looks like he is interested in another woman out there... I don't want to come out desperate or a "do or die affair" he watches me get closer to another guy, but he speaks ill of the new guy I want to date. Right inside my heart, he is the guy I love. Since this guy isn't reciprocating my feelings, should I discard our friendship and move on with my life? Or reduce our closeness? I don't want to be hurt or look desperate.

if he cheats, you cheat too, If no trust in the relationship anymore anty be on your own and move on with ur life

1 Like

Re: I Think I Am Loving My Male Best Friend by nachisunday(m): 10:16am On Feb 23, 2022
Sheleads:
I met this best friend of mine early December last year, since then we have bonded very well. The truth is that I am already loving this guy, but it looks like he is interested in another woman out there... I don't want to come out desperate or a "do or die affair" he watches me get closer to another guy, but he speaks ill of the new guy I want to date. Right inside my heart, he is the guy I love. Since this guy isn't reciprocating my feelings, should I discard our friendship and move on with my life? Or reduce our closeness? I don't want to be hurt or look desperate.

go and meet the guy, cut of with that dude
Re: I Think I Am Loving My Male Best Friend by Sheleads(f): 10:17am On Feb 23, 2022
nachisunday:
Dont cut the feelings over him, just go and meet him in a way you will be kinda dull tell him how you have been ever since you put a deep eye on him just for you to be with him he will understand, but if he insist that he don't wanna double date, Then you will try to be by his side anytime anyday to show how you love him.

He is single, I am single too. but he has lots of female friends, including me.

2 Likes

Re: I Think I Am Loving My Male Best Friend by nachisunday(m): 10:23am On Feb 23, 2022
Sheleads:

He is single, I am single too. but he has lots of female friends, including me.
then you just continue with normal friend for you not to be hurt.

4 Likes

Re: I Think I Am Loving My Male Best Friend by Bigbright7(m): 10:27am On Feb 23, 2022
Well, just deal with her op. You'll be alright las las.

For electrical installation of your upcoming building project check my sig.
Re: I Think I Am Loving My Male Best Friend by Nobody: 10:58am On Feb 23, 2022
BoredBerry:
You're right... People are different...

I don't fall deeply... Not because of this [bolded]... But this: https://www.nairaland.com/6892444/philophobia-thread-those-scared-getting
interesting...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

16-year-old Boy Marries 71-year-old Woman In Indonesia (photos) / The Funniest Lie Your Current Or Ex-Partner Ever Told You? / An Open Letter To Emeka My Ex Boyfriend

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.