Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,455 members, 7,812,395 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:42 PM

I've Just Been Sacked - Jobs/Vacancies (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / I've Just Been Sacked (40814 Views)

I've Been Sacked For No Reason / I've Just Been Employed As A Teacher, What Should I Do Next? / Npower Portal Has Just Been Hacked. Unconfirmed Earlier But False Now. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I've Just Been Sacked by Ishilove: 1:36pm On Feb 24, 2022
Dangers of a one-sided story.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I've Just Been Sacked by ASPIREX: 1:46pm On Feb 24, 2022
Thermodynamics:

Don't listen to this advice, don't take it, learn to fight for what is yours, you worked for the money, collect it.
Collect what you worked for.

We have only heard one side of the story. Concluding based on a one sided presentation is unfair to all parties.

Pls also note that going by the story you may not be entitled to that months salary if you were 'dismissed' unless of course the employer is a compassionate character.

You however need to get a formal letter disengaging you from the company. This will provide the required clarity regarding your benefits.....terminal and otherwise.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I've Just Been Sacked by ASPIREX: 1:47pm On Feb 24, 2022
Karleb:
Go to the police station.

Don't go to a lawyer o. Police Station then report her.

If you would lawyer, the police will tell you.

Terrible advice!

Nothing can come out of this.
Re: I've Just Been Sacked by Princekunle10: 1:53pm On Feb 24, 2022
This is very strong, working with female Boss it's always terrible, well never mind , may be God has prepared a very good for you that is better, hold to your God .
Re: I've Just Been Sacked by Cognitivereason: 1:53pm On Feb 24, 2022
brimdans:

Benue

I figured...

Very useless state

1 Like

Re: I've Just Been Sacked by NOwazobia: 1:55pm On Feb 24, 2022
jaxxy:

When u have no alternatives yet don’t mess up the current one u have. U should have let her vent since she was angry then later explain things to anyone that can speak on ur behalf not u confronting ur boss knowing the job is ur last hope.

U should know when and how to play stupid.
Nonsense talk. There is nothing like last hope. Opportunities abound everyday... and everyday you lose one, another replace it with time.

Your talk is a speech of a hopeless loser, the OP is not hopeless.

1 Like

Re: I've Just Been Sacked by galantjoe(m): 1:56pm On Feb 24, 2022
HOLD THOSE PROPERTIES. ACCORDING TO EMPLOYMENT LAWS, EMPLOYEE HAS RIGHT OF LIEN ON THE EMPLOYER PROPERTIES ON UNTIL SALARY IS PAID

2 Likes

Re: I've Just Been Sacked by ASPIREX: 1:56pm On Feb 24, 2022
Latakia:
I've heard about your own side of the story, tell the woman to join nairaland if she doesn't have an account and let me hear her own side of the story before I give my judgement.

Very smart!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I've Just Been Sacked by Slynation(m): 1:58pm On Feb 24, 2022
ALLNIGERIANSMAD:
No, you don't allow wicked people get away with there wickedness, Op should get that woman arrested imidiately. Life is full of challenges, you have to face it when it comes, that woman isn't going to pay for service rendered unless someone stand against her and she will continue to treat her workers thesame way.
The way some of you talks sometimes baffles me, you want to get someone who is richer and well connected arrested in this Nigeria that we all know?? You avoided the part where the OP said he doesn't have any money, if they tell you to contribute to pay the police to get her arrested now you will leave this thread...!! Some battles are left for nature and karma to fight

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I've Just Been Sacked by Albertone(m): 1:58pm On Feb 24, 2022
DoggoneDogg:
Kill her

All these flatinós and violence ehn.
Later, you'll be blaming Afonja for skull mining.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I've Just Been Sacked by sayittome(m): 1:59pm On Feb 24, 2022
TRY THIS OP
Omihanifa:
From the look of things, the woman just wants you to come and beg her no be say she truly sack you. If you go back to the office and beg she go tell you to resume back.

See ehen just play the fool. No be say you dey foolish o but just act like you are foolish so that you can plan your exit out of that place.

My former boss just be like this your boss way you describe. She go shout and shout at the end of the day all nah GRA GRA
Re: I've Just Been Sacked by Bluntemperor: 1:59pm On Feb 24, 2022
MoneyGoDrop:
This is why i can't work for a private company. Most of them are modern slave merchants that will drain your whole energy while paying you peanuts.

Don't generalise!
There are Millions of Private Companies that you get into and your life is wholly transformed.
Just pray for a good leader in any place!
For the O P,I don't no how many years spent in the place, otherwise,she her!

1 Like

Re: I've Just Been Sacked by brimdans(m): 2:02pm On Feb 24, 2022
awa:
@OP,

Keep your calm please. Clear your head first before thinking of what next. I understand how you feel now because I have been there.
Calm down and tell yourself all is well.
I've been calm sir, but the anxiety is getting too much on me. Where will my next meal come from, where will I go from here, it's not funny to me. I don't want to think of suicide, but the option is what I'm thinking
Re: I've Just Been Sacked by ONNYX: 2:03pm On Feb 24, 2022
pocohantas:

Haba! But e be like this OP no get good head o. Even his former boss was wicked. He moved to Lagos and landed in deeper shît. I advise people to flee from most sole proprietorships. It is not even about maltreatment as that can be found everywhere, but the fact that there is no laid down channel for resolving such. Also no clear career path or growth.

Maltreatment is only meted out to the underperformers. If you hold your own and know your onions you will be highly sought after and I assure you of a royal treatment by all and sundry.

1 Like

Re: I've Just Been Sacked by Karleb(m): 2:06pm On Feb 24, 2022
ASPIREX:

Terrible advice!

Nothing can come out of this.

Something came out for me.
Re: I've Just Been Sacked by brimdans(m): 2:09pm On Feb 24, 2022
Niom:
Kindly return the company's equipments and leave.

She might report to the police that you stole it and you know what that means...

You are not ready for that now...

So just return it and leave her to God...
I've returned everything. But I can't just leave without my salary. I need it to survive for now.
Re: I've Just Been Sacked by brimdans(m): 2:09pm On Feb 24, 2022
Karleb:
Go to the police station.

Don't go to a lawyer o. Police Station then report her.

If you would lawyer, the police will tell you.
Alright sir
Re: I've Just Been Sacked by Jaqenhghar: 2:10pm On Feb 24, 2022
whemmytopsy:
Nigerian employers and oppression are like 5 and 6, Kindly return her things in your possession, hold yourself up, say some prayers and be on the look out for another job
...the best is just yet to come.
That's because people jave learnt to look at an employer as a benefactor or someone doing you a favour. Its a transaction I am not being paid for free.
Re: I've Just Been Sacked by brimdans(m): 2:10pm On Feb 24, 2022
awa:
@OP,

Keep your calm please. Clear your head first before thinking of what next. I understand how you feel now because I have been there.
Calm down and tell yourself all is well.
I believe all is well sir. I'll try calming down.
Re: I've Just Been Sacked by MrUchenna1(m): 2:11pm On Feb 24, 2022
NO YOU HAVE JUST BEEN FREE wages SLAVERY..........THINK OUTSIDE THE BOX

1 Like

Re: I've Just Been Sacked by brimdans(m): 2:12pm On Feb 24, 2022
bigpicture001:
You are a medical lab scientist...?
No sir, I'm not, just political scientist and an administrator, though with some experience in lab science
Re: I've Just Been Sacked by CSTRR: 2:13pm On Feb 24, 2022
Female bosses are hellish.

Na any small thing dey vex them and they can hate you for that.

Even females don't want to work under female bosses.

1 Like

Re: I've Just Been Sacked by brimdans(m): 2:13pm On Feb 24, 2022
pedrilo:
Leave that evil employer to God, return her property I beg you and give God a reason to fight this battle.
You will be shocked!
No man is God and God can never be mocked.
I've returned everything to the security sir.
Re: I've Just Been Sacked by 7Randall: 2:13pm On Feb 24, 2022
brimdans:
Okay, here is the thing.
I was working with this woman in her organization. Shes high handed, toxic and domineering, but I was coping well with her, she insults me and talk down on me, all I say mostly is sorry Ma.

So this particular day, which was yesterday. There's this particular room in the lab which we were constructing, which she categorically told me not to open that room, because it contains equipment. And I don't handle the keys, but another person holds the keys.

Now water entered the room, from a faulty pipe, and did a little damage to one of the cabinets, and it touched some of the materials.

The woman, now began insulting me that it will be deducted from my salary, because it was my fault?

I asked how is it my fault Ma, you said that room shouldn't be opened by anybody. So I can't accept fault for what I didn't do. I'm sorry. She shouted and shouted to the point of almost slapping me, but God saved her she didn't. I kept my calm and told her sorry.

Again she asked for some remaining boards that were used in constructing some cabinets in the lab, I told her I don't know, but lemme check and ask the person who has custody to the keys. Another tirade began, she insulted the hell of out me. I remained calm, that it will be removed from my salary, and those things according to her is about one hundred thousand naira. I told her ma, I didn't take them, but lemme ask oga Patrick who is in charge of the lab, she refused, that I shouldn't l. That I must pay for all of these things. I kept my cool all through.

She now said I should remove her uniform and submit her company materials, actually some of the materials are at home, so I couldn't get them that night.

She texted and called me countless times to send the company materials, I then told her, I'll send them but I need my salary that I've worked for, for the last month. She now said, before she wanted to pay and forgive me, but that she's not paying me again.

It is Worthy to note that I came purposely to work for this woman from another state, I needed my salary to help me plan my life after my sack. Right now I'm confused, because I've no money, nor accommodation, I can't even travel back. Please nairalanders, I need your advice, legally and all.
Thank you for reading
PS, there might be errors, I didn't have time to edit. Currently in church.
It is always difficult to work under women. The Lord is your strength. Ensure she pays you before you return the materials. You deserve your pay.

1 Like

Re: I've Just Been Sacked by ibinaboonline: 2:13pm On Feb 24, 2022
Even as a freelancer, I avoid Nigerian employers like a plaque.

2 Likes

Re: I've Just Been Sacked by aluyapreston: 2:13pm On Feb 24, 2022
brimdans:
Okay, here is the thing.
I was working with this woman in her organization. Shes high handed, toxic and domineering, but I was coping well with her, she insults me and talk down on me, all I say mostly is sorry Ma.

So this particular day, which was yesterday. There's this particular room in the lab which we were constructing, which she categorically told me not to open that room, because it contains equipment. And I don't handle the keys, but another person holds the keys.

Now water entered the room, from a faulty pipe, and did a little damage to one of the cabinets, and it touched some of the materials.

The woman, now began insulting me that it will be deducted from my salary, because it was my fault?

I asked how is it my fault Ma, you said that room shouldn't be opened by anybody. So I can't accept fault for what I didn't do. I'm sorry. She shouted and shouted to the point of almost slapping me, but God saved her she didn't. I kept my calm and told her sorry.

Again she asked for some remaining boards that were used in constructing some cabinets in the lab, I told her I don't know, but lemme check and ask the person who has custody to the keys. Another tirade began, she insulted the hell of out me. I remained calm, that it will be removed from my salary, and those things according to her is about one hundred thousand naira. I told her ma, I didn't take them, but lemme ask oga Patrick who is in charge of the lab, she refused, that I shouldn't l. That I must pay for all of these things. I kept my cool all through.

She now said I should remove her uniform and submit her company materials, actually some of the materials are at home, so I couldn't get them that night.

She texted and called me countless times to send the company materials, I then told her, I'll send them but I need my salary that I've worked for, for the last month. She now said, before she wanted to pay and forgive me, but that she's not paying me again.

It is Worthy to note that I came purposely to work for this woman from another state, I needed my salary to help me plan my life after my sack. Right now I'm confused, because I've no money, nor accommodation, I can't even travel back. Please nairalanders, I need your advice, legally and all.
Thank you for reading
PS, there might be errors, I didn't have time to edit. Currently in church.

Are you intelligent enough to want to learn content writing?
Re: I've Just Been Sacked by brimdans(m): 2:14pm On Feb 24, 2022
Salihusaliheen:
Sorry to say this, don't know if you are a cert holder.
What does it profit a man to graduate from school and still work under someone?school na scam.

Ask me why
Hmm why sir, I wanted to actually save up some money to begin my business
Re: I've Just Been Sacked by brimdans(m): 2:15pm On Feb 24, 2022
Emir8:
Return all that belongs to the woman in your possessions. Make sure you don't hold back anything she demanded from you.
After you have done that, then contact me for what I will teach you. The woman will become a beggar before the end of the year. She will loose everything.
I've returned everything sir. I've taken pictures for evidence. I'll be glad to learn anything profitable and legitimate sir.
Re: I've Just Been Sacked by brimdans(m): 2:16pm On Feb 24, 2022
katchagboro:

Remains firm to God and a new way shall be opened.
Oh yes. I believe.
Re: I've Just Been Sacked by brimdans(m): 2:17pm On Feb 24, 2022
Lekison:
Mention the name of the company. Let us expose wicked people like her
I'm scared, let me not compound to my already sad ordeal, but I'd have loved to.
Re: I've Just Been Sacked by brimdans(m): 2:18pm On Feb 24, 2022
dododawa1:
Did the WOMAN born,if yes contact the wise among them BUT if not, oga PEACE is the best.
I'll go with peace sir. She's a woman in her late thirties to early forties, she's not married.
Re: I've Just Been Sacked by brimdans(m): 2:19pm On Feb 24, 2022
medriano:

Reason I decided to be my own master. It’s crazy working for some females.
Get a lawyer and sue.
I want to start up my own business. I can't afford a lawyer right now.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Nestle!!!...why This????...sad!!! / Nnpc Salary Scale For Fresh Graduate / Dilemma Of A 2.2 Graduate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.