Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,460 members, 7,812,406 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:54 PM

I've Just Been Sacked - Jobs/Vacancies (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / I've Just Been Sacked (40816 Views)

I've Been Sacked For No Reason / I've Just Been Employed As A Teacher, What Should I Do Next? / Npower Portal Has Just Been Hacked. Unconfirmed Earlier But False Now. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I've Just Been Sacked by Ridens(f): 4:31pm On Feb 24, 2022
VEXT:
Give a woman a little power and watch her become arrogant and aggressive....

No wonder prophet Mohammad never want women to rule over men grin
most of you just talk or type without thinking, a guy that work for me almost put me in jail because he stole my client goods worth 500k and you know why because I gave them free hand and nice

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I've Just Been Sacked by brimdans(m): 4:42pm On Feb 24, 2022
cyberthug:
If this is the case you have been sacked long ago , she's probably looking for excuse to nail you .
You have to drop company's belonging and hope she pays you at the end of the month, that stricktly depends on the company's policy .
Sorry for your loss ,better opportunities will surely present itself .
You're so on point sir. No wonder, whenever I try to do something, she says no don't worry. Now the signs are clear, she was just looking for an opportunity
Re: I've Just Been Sacked by Eastcaostboy: 4:42pm On Feb 24, 2022
brimdans:
Okay, here is the thing.
I was working with this woman in her organization. Shes high handed, toxic and domineering, but I was coping well with her, she insults me and talk down on me, all I say mostly is sorry Ma.

So this particular day, which was yesterday. There's this particular room in the lab which we were constructing, which she categorically told me not to open that room, because it contains equipment. And I don't handle the keys, but another person holds the keys.

Now water entered the room, from a faulty pipe, and did a little damage to one of the cabinets, and it touched some of the materials.

The woman, now began insulting me that it will be deducted from my salary, because it was my fault?

I asked how is it my fault Ma, you said that room shouldn't be opened by anybody. So I can't accept fault for what I didn't do. I'm sorry. She shouted and shouted to the point of almost slapping me, but God saved her she didn't. I kept my calm and told her sorry.

Again she asked for some remaining boards that were used in constructing some cabinets in the lab, I told her I don't know, but lemme check and ask the person who has custody to the keys. Another tirade began, she insulted the hell of out me. I remained calm, that it will be removed from my salary, and those things according to her is about one hundred thousand naira. I told her ma, I didn't take them, but lemme ask oga Patrick who is in charge of the lab, she refused, that I shouldn't l. That I must pay for all of these things. I kept my cool all through.

She now said I should remove her uniform and submit her company materials, actually some of the materials are at home, so I couldn't get them that night.

She texted and called me countless times to send the company materials, I then told her, I'll send them but I need my salary that I've worked for, for the last month. She now said, before she wanted to pay and forgive me, but that she's not paying me again.

It is Worthy to note that I came purposely to work for this woman from another state, I needed my salary to help me plan my life after my sack. Right now I'm confused, because I've no money, nor accommodation, I can't even travel back. Please nairalanders, I need your advice, legally and all.
Thank you for reading
PS, there might be errors, I didn't have time to edit. Currently in church.
You should have submit her belongs to her as well ask her for your salary but she has no right what so ever to insult you. Let go that job also report the matter to near by Police Station they will collect your salary from her

2 Likes

Re: I've Just Been Sacked by brimdans(m): 4:43pm On Feb 24, 2022
Kinzo0917:
My guy, contact ordinary president of human rights radio abuja. He will call d woman and your money will be recovered. The program is to fight for those who can't fight for themselves. Check out brekete program on youtube. It starts daily program from 7:30 to 10 mon-sat. If u need his whatsapp number, send me a private message
Thank you so much sir, for this info. I'll contact them.

1 Like

Re: I've Just Been Sacked by brimdans(m): 4:44pm On Feb 24, 2022
Oladat:
Best wishes to you bro.
I don't really get why people stay in a job where they are emotionally abused.If you work for someone and the person talks down on you, it's better for you to quit before being pushed.
Brother,most times we stay because of the money, not minding the abuse

1 Like

Re: I've Just Been Sacked by brimdans(m): 4:46pm On Feb 24, 2022
MoneyGoDrop:
OhiOfIhima

I am currently in one bro... I do hope God help my situation.

Law firm, Lagos n 30k salary... I am so damn tired like tomorrow no dey, Walahi

I understand your pain bro. I too was in that shoe before but my pay was 21k in enugu. Though i learnt a lot from my boss but I'll never put myself in such situation again.
God will surely see us through bro.
Re: I've Just Been Sacked by brimdans(m): 4:47pm On Feb 24, 2022
Lawalemi:
May I know how much she pays you a month?
It's 60000 naira
Re: I've Just Been Sacked by countryman13: 4:47pm On Feb 24, 2022
brimdans:
Okay, here is the thing.
I was working with this woman in her organization. Shes high handed, toxic and domineering, but I was coping well with her, she insults me and talk down on me, all I say mostly is sorry Ma.

So this particular day, which was yesterday. There's this particular room in the lab which we were constructing, which she categorically told me not to open that room, because it contains equipment. And I don't handle the keys, but another person holds the keys.

Now water entered the room, from a faulty pipe, and did a little damage to one of the cabinets, and it touched some of the materials.

The woman, now began insulting me that it will be deducted from my salary, because it was my fault?

I asked how is it my fault Ma, you said that room shouldn't be opened by anybody. So I can't accept fault for what I didn't do. I'm sorry. She shouted and shouted to the point of almost slapping me, but God saved her she didn't. I kept my calm and told her sorry.

Again she asked for some remaining boards that were used in constructing some cabinets in the lab, I told her I don't know, but lemme check and ask the person who has custody to the keys. Another tirade began, she insulted the hell of out me. I remained calm, that it will be removed from my salary, and those things according to her is about one hundred thousand naira. I told her ma, I didn't take them, but lemme ask oga Patrick who is in charge of the lab, she refused, that I shouldn't l. That I must pay for all of these things. I kept my cool all through.

She now said I should remove her uniform and submit her company materials, actually some of the materials are at home, so I couldn't get them that night.

She texted and called me countless times to send the company materials, I then told her, I'll send them but I need my salary that I've worked for, for the last month. She now said, before she wanted to pay and forgive me, but that she's not paying me again.

It is Worthy to note that I came purposely to work for this woman from another state, I needed my salary to help me plan my life after my sack. Right now I'm confused, because I've no money, nor accommodation, I can't even travel back. Please nairalanders, I need your advice, legally and all.
Thank you for reading
Sorry for the incident but U should have submitted those company's materials in Ur custody before demanding for Ur salary because it's already on record that U actually worked in d previous month. She can easily use those things against U in so many ways. I hope U get Ur money soon n equally called back to continue Ur work coz town no laugh oooo.
Re: I've Just Been Sacked by brimdans(m): 4:48pm On Feb 24, 2022
Godwin25king:
I've had similar experience in the past with a female lawyer..I went to her house and told her I won't be working for her anymore.

Omo, this lady begin spark like Raiden for mortal Kombat, threatened to arrest me. But do I care?? No. grin
Las las I gott a better connect in Lekki earning almost triple. At some point I was grateful to God for the experience.
Wow. I hope and pray my story turns just like yours bro.
Re: I've Just Been Sacked by brimdans(m): 4:52pm On Feb 24, 2022
gerizzim:
your sack isn't because of what happened. Your boss Hz sown a seed of hatred against you all the while up till the time she used this issue as a front to relieve you of your job.
Thiz could be any of the reasons she laid you off
1. You exude confidence at the office which she interpretes as pride. If it wasn't an healthy confidence,tone it down a bit nd adjust for the next possible job coming bt if it's an healthy sefconfidennce,accept it as part of life.
2. You don't feed her wit office gossip.Most female bosses always like to have one 'spy' and informant in her circle of employees.some male bosses too dey like am
3. She possibly saw you as a threat to her position esp if you are very sound and intelligent.
4. You dint allow her to use you as a puppet in her hand to do som things that you feel is against how the work shud go or be done.
5. You no dey tremble at her feet and do all DOS eye service greetings and pseudo-compliments. You dey give her Mordecai style of relating.

a sack that you don't know anything abt is very painful and mentally disturbing.
accept it dt way as it is and stat thinking of wt to engage ursef wit dt will bring you money. every will be fine few months from now. cheer up!
Flesh and blood didn't reveal this to you sir. I try most times to tune down my natural self, but still
Re: I've Just Been Sacked by countryman13: 4:52pm On Feb 24, 2022
brimdans:

It's too early to call Ahmad Isah because he ll definitely ask you what n what U have done to get Ur money paid. Return those company's materials n let's see if she won't pay. Just my view oooo
Re: I've Just Been Sacked by brimdans(m): 4:54pm On Feb 24, 2022
Eastcaostboy:
You should have submit her belongs to her as well ask her for your salary but she has no right what so ever to insult you. Let go that job also report the matter to near by Police Station they will collect your salary from her
I've returned her belongings.
Re: I've Just Been Sacked by countryman13: 4:54pm On Feb 24, 2022
brimdans:

It's too early
Re: I've Just Been Sacked by countryman13: 4:56pm On Feb 24, 2022
brimdans:

For how long?
Re: I've Just Been Sacked by brimdans(m): 4:59pm On Feb 24, 2022
countryman13:

For how long?
24 hours ago.
Re: I've Just Been Sacked by brimdans(m): 5:00pm On Feb 24, 2022
countryman13:

It's too early to call Ahmad Isah because he ll definitely ask you what n what U have done to get Ur money paid. Return those company's materials n let's see if she won't pay. Just my view oooo
I've returned them. I'll wait and see sir.
Re: I've Just Been Sacked by countryman13: 5:02pm On Feb 24, 2022
brimdans:

24 hours ago.
Just be patience coz she might b expecting a rude behavior from U so i beg U to hold Ur peace. D Almighty God ll sustain u for the time being. Lagos/Abuja?
Re: I've Just Been Sacked by Eastcaostboy: 5:08pm On Feb 24, 2022
brimdans:

Good to know. Just be civil and you will get your money fast. Good luck
Re: I've Just Been Sacked by brimdans(m): 5:09pm On Feb 24, 2022
countryman13:

Just be patience coz she might b expecting a rude behavior from U so i beg U to hold Ur peace. D Almighty God ll sustain u for the time being. Lagos/Abuja?
Thank you and God bless you sir. I'm in Benue currently, because that's where the lab is built (where I work) but the company is actually in Abuja.
Re: I've Just Been Sacked by Tallesty1(m): 5:11pm On Feb 24, 2022
pocohantas:

Haba! But e be like this OP no get good head o. Even his former boss was wicked. He moved to Lagos and landed in deeper shît. I advise people to flee from most sole proprietorships. It is not even about maltreatment as that can be found everywhere, but the fact that there is no laid down channel for resolving such. Also no clear career path or growth.
Nah lack of job dey cause all these nonsense. You think all these teachers in private school would teach there if there are jobs.
Re: I've Just Been Sacked by countryman13: 5:12pm On Feb 24, 2022
brimdans:

Thank you and God bless you sir. I'm in Benue currently, because that's where the lab is built (where I work) but the company is actually in Abuja.
Ok. It's a stone throw from Ahmad Isah's office. U ll surely get justice by the grace of the Almighty God, amen.
Re: I've Just Been Sacked by brimdans(m): 5:13pm On Feb 24, 2022
countryman13:

Ok. It's a stone throw from Ahmad Isah's office. U ll surely get justice by the grace of the Almighty God, amen.
Thank you so much for your concern. God bless you.

1 Like

Re: I've Just Been Sacked by brimdans(m): 5:14pm On Feb 24, 2022
Eastcaostboy:
Good to know. Just be civil and you will get your money fast. Good luck
Thank you so much for your concern. God will bless you mightily
Re: I've Just Been Sacked by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 5:19pm On Feb 24, 2022
franchasng:
It is not entirely true.

I am a private employer myself but I can boldly tell you that my staffs are one of the happiest employees in the world. Not that I pay them a lot of salary per se, but I give them the freedom to live their life, work happily and enjoy whatever role they are assigned to. I am sure most of my employees are happier at work than maybe at their various homes cos I make my workplace very comfortable for them to work and feel happy like its their organization.

Some that came as SSCE holders are now graduates via part time study. I made that possible by granting any of them that gets admission some days off to attend to their study needs.

I do this because I was once a broke, depressed graduate who didn't have any better hope for tomorrow. I suffered after NYSC. Even though I had the option of falling back to my family members, I decided not to, I made the decision to battle life out on my own. It wasn't easy, it wasn't funny but at the end, I pulled through and today, I bless God for His mercies and unmerited favours.

So one of the ways I appreciate God for all He did for me is to be kind to people, and to treat anybody that works for me temporary or permanently with humility and kindness. I do it as a service to my God that blessed my little efforts in life.

All my life, I have only sacked one staff and it was beginning of this year and why I sacked him was because he took my kindness for granted. I bought all the things he is using in the house he lives. A time came he said he needed bicycle for exercise, I gave him money to buy. I buy him clothes, shoes, cooking gas, just name it cos he is a young boy from a poor family. Sometimes he decides not to come to work without informing admin and he does this cos he believes he is very close to me and maybe because he believes I like him more than any other of my employee based on how I treat him and ignore his errors.

The one that I couldn't take happened in January 2022. I gave all employees Christmas and New Year holiday start from 24th December to 29th, and they were to return to work on 30th and 31st and close till 5th of January when we will then resume fully for the year. This young man intentionally absconded from duty and traveled on his own without telling me. And some other employees were already granted travel leave for New Year, so this made us to have serious lapses that many things weren't done and almost resulted to losing vital clients who had been patient for us to resume. He didn't bother to even call me or inform the admin.

Please dear young people, dont take your kind employer for a fool for your own good.

Op, from your narration, your employer is heartless and I can see it seems you work in a private school. I have observed that Nigerian Private school owners seems to be unkind and harsh to their employees, reason for this I dont really know.

Take it to God in prayer okay. Don't give up, challenges and failures are common to every successful person, but its how you manage your challenges and failures in life that will determine how far you would go in life. Don't feel its just you alone that have passed through this, nope. Almost all successful people you see and envy passed through this.

A very close friend got fired by his boss just because he managed to save money to buy a rickety Nigerian used car and also decided to marry his Church girlfriend. He specially invited his boss with a costly wine, only for the boss to reply him with a sack letter. He was shattered. I told him to cancel the wedding but he refused. The wedding was like a burial ceremony of a poor orphan, I was his bestman cry

But guess what ?

That guy is almost a Naira billionaire today and an employer of labour now living a sweet and purposeful life with that his wife and kids. But he did suffered for years if not a decade oh, but he was hard working, determined, smart and focused.

So don't give up.

Tell me how much will transport you back to your base or how much would take care of your most pressing need right now.

Odogwu, may God bless you mightily for wanting to help him. Chukwu Gozie gi forever and ever. Amen.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I've Just Been Sacked by dododawa1: 5:20pm On Feb 24, 2022
brimdans:

I'll go with peace sir. She's a woman in her late thirties to early forties, she's not married.
can you imagine, please just resolved all in peace, because who will tall,d leg must be long.

1 Like

Re: I've Just Been Sacked by Eastcaostboy: 5:27pm On Feb 24, 2022
brimdans:

Thank you so much for your concern. God will bless you mightily
He will bless you too

1 Like

Re: I've Just Been Sacked by Nobody: 5:27pm On Feb 24, 2022
pocohantas:

Haba! But e be like this OP no get good head o. Even his former boss was wicked. He moved to Lagos and landed in deeper shît. I advise people to flee from most sole proprietorships. It is not even about maltreatment as that can be found everywhere, but the fact that there is no laid down channel for resolving such. Also no clear career path or growth.

This is employement rule 101 in Nigeria, once the company is run by sole proprietorship. Na war. They are the ones that want to sleep with all the female staff, they are still the ones that will owe you for 6 months without pay. Hire interns and be using them to buy food & run errands. Slash salaries and do all kind of things.

All those useless 5 to 10 man offices in V.I, Ikoyi and Lekki axis, big red flag. BIG ONE!

1 Like

Re: I've Just Been Sacked by franchasng: 5:30pm On Feb 24, 2022
UyaiIncomparabl:

Odogwu, may God bless you mightily for wanting to help him. Chukwu Gozie gi forever and ever. Amen.
Amen my dear sister Asa beekee. We bless God for the grace smiley

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I've Just Been Sacked by Laideabdulahi: 5:31pm On Feb 24, 2022
MoneyGoDrop:
This is why i can't work for a private company. Most of them are modern slave merchants that will drain your whole energy while paying you peanuts.

Some Private companies are even better than the conglemerate you think off.
I just left a PLC for a small private organization. There I have :-
- peace of mind
- hybrid work
- 4x my salary of the PLC
- lunch with soft drink.
- etc .

Some Private organizations are still okay and less stressful (it's a LTD tho)

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I've Just Been Sacked by Tonytonex(m): 5:45pm On Feb 24, 2022
Don't be at the mercy of anyone. God pass them all. Don't let anybody devalue you. And talk down on you. Nobody owns you, you own yourself.

1 Like

Re: I've Just Been Sacked by skj1377(m): 5:50pm On Feb 24, 2022
Send your account number
brimdans:
Okay, here is the thing.

Thank you for reading
Re: I've Just Been Sacked by franchasng: 5:56pm On Feb 24, 2022
pocohantas:

There is no job in Nigeria and not everybody will be able to secure a job with big corporations or government organizations, which means some must work for sole proprietors and some must work for themselves too.

Are you aware that sole proprietors are the highest employers of labor in Nigeria?

We shouldn't put the whole blame on the Op rather we should be blaming the wicked, inhumane employer.

Keeping profit making and work ethics apart, we all are humans first before being whoever we are, so what happened to our conscience?

People must work for sole proprietors and some big corporations we all desire to work for today started as sole proprietors and some grew with their pioneer employees.

You talked about career path, it is not a must one end his career with his first or second employer. You can use sole proprietor jobs to gather experience to build your CV and go for better jobs. Life is in phases, some people won't be fortunate to have life easier like others and it's not always their fault, so that's it.

The employer is heartless, it's heartbreaking

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Nestle!!!...why This????...sad!!! / Nnpc Salary Scale For Fresh Graduate / Dilemma Of A 2.2 Graduate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 104
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.