Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,482 members, 7,812,489 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:09 PM

I've Just Been Sacked - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / I've Just Been Sacked (40817 Views)

I've Been Sacked For No Reason / I've Just Been Employed As A Teacher, What Should I Do Next? / Npower Portal Has Just Been Hacked. Unconfirmed Earlier But False Now. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I've Just Been Sacked by brimdans(m): 9:24pm On Feb 23, 2022
Brother. God bless you for the advice. I've learnt my lesson in a bitter way
Re: I've Just Been Sacked by brimdans(m): 9:26pm On Feb 23, 2022
Thank you so much. God bless you.
Re: I've Just Been Sacked by brimdans(m): 9:27pm On Feb 23, 2022
Just the company t-shirts and some few materials like tapes and all

1 Like

Re: I've Just Been Sacked by brimdans(m): 9:29pm On Feb 23, 2022
She doesn't have a husband, I don't think anyone can marry such lady

4 Likes

Re: I've Just Been Sacked by brimdans(m): 9:30pm On Feb 23, 2022
Benue state
Re: I've Just Been Sacked by brimdans(m): 9:31pm On Feb 23, 2022
Lol, you want me to end in prison?
Re: I've Just Been Sacked by brimdans(m): 9:33pm On Feb 23, 2022
I'll return her materials and let it slide. I tap into your blessings. I have faith that the Almighty God has a better plan for me

2 Likes

Re: I've Just Been Sacked by brimdans(m): 9:37pm On Feb 23, 2022
She's a difficult person, no man can stay with her. So she's not married. I'll just let it go
Re: I've Just Been Sacked by brimdans(m): 9:38pm On Feb 23, 2022
Thank you and God bless you
Re: I've Just Been Sacked by brimdans(m): 9:41pm On Feb 23, 2022
Brother, I've played a fool for a long time, I just want my money. My mental health is ruined because of working with her. I've reached my elastic limit
Re: I've Just Been Sacked by brimdans(m): 9:44pm On Feb 23, 2022
Apt
That's exactly what I intend to do.
Re: I've Just Been Sacked by Nobody: 10:20pm On Feb 23, 2022
BENCHOKCONSULT:

90% of Nigerian female bosses are toxic, domineering and wicked. ThankGod you walked away cheesy cheesy grin

Very true.

I once worked for a woman, it was tough, but when I couldn't tolerate her any longer, I simply act like a man and humble her (I don't need to do too much, a stern look from me is enough to send the chills down your spine, also, I am irreplaceable).

Till today, I will never give a woman an upper hand, it is worse for a man if his life depends on a woman. It's very worse. Even now that I work online, if I worked with a woman and she begins to act bossy, I just act on their intelligence.

9 Likes

Re: I've Just Been Sacked by AdeolaOmoOba(m): 11:44pm On Feb 23, 2022
What's the Name of the Company?
Where's it located?
What's the woman's Name? and
How much does she owe you?

1 Like

Re: I've Just Been Sacked by Rickmann: 11:55pm On Feb 23, 2022
brimdans:
Okay, here is the thing.
I was working with this woman in her organization. Shes high handed, toxic and domineering, but I was coping well with her, she insults me and talk down on me, all I say mostly is sorry Ma.

So this particular day, which was yesterday. There's this particular room in the lab which we were constructing, which she categorically told me not to open that room, because it contains equipment. And I don't handle the keys, but another person holds the keys.

Now water entered the room, from a faulty pipe, and did a little damage to one of the cabinets, and it touched some of the materials.

The woman, now began insulting me that it will be deducted from my salary, because it was my fault?

I asked how is it my fault Ma, you said that room shouldn't be opened by anybody. So I can't accept fault for what I didn't do. I'm sorry. She shouted and shouted to the point of almost slapping me, but God saved her she didn't. I kept my calm and told her sorry.

Again she asked for some remaining boards that were used in constructing some cabinets in the lab, I told her I don't know, but lemme check and ask the person who has custody to the keys. Another tirade began, she insulted the hell of out me. I remained calm, that it will be removed from my salary, and those things according to her is about one hundred thousand naira. I told her ma, I didn't take them, but lemme ask oga Patrick who is in charge of the lab, she refused, that I shouldn't l. That I must pay for all of these things. I kept my cool all through.

She now said I should remove her uniform and submit her company materials, actually some of the materials are at home, so I couldn't get them that night.

She texted and called me countless times to send the company materials, I then told her, I'll send them but I need my salary that I've worked for, for the last month. She now said, before she wanted to pay and forgive me, but that she's not paying me again.

It is Worthy to note that I came purposely to work for this woman from another state, I needed my salary to help me plan my life after my sack. Right now I'm confused, because I've no money, nor accommodation, I can't even travel back. Please nairalanders, I need your advice, legally and all.
Thank you for reading
PS, there might be errors, I didn't have time to edit. Currently in church.

Glad you go to church. If truly the whole thing played out as you just narrated, then that woman must be a wicked person.

Please ask of any lawyer around or better still in church, probono if possible..
This will be a sweet case for them.

1 Like

Re: I've Just Been Sacked by Anieheart: 12:15am On Feb 24, 2022
BENCHOKCONSULT:

90% of Nigerian female bosses are toxic, domineering and wicked. ThankGod you walked away cheesy cheesy grin
not only the female
their male counterparts are worst example mine
He actually has no regard for anybody, yells and dishes insults on even people old enough to be his parent

1 Like

Re: I've Just Been Sacked by michlins(m): 2:17am On Feb 24, 2022
Return those stuff. Whether or not she pays you your salary should, let her go and move on with your life
Re: I've Just Been Sacked by Danmboss(m): 2:31am On Feb 24, 2022
Damnit

1 Like

Re: I've Just Been Sacked by ALLNIGERIANSMAD(m): 4:12am On Feb 24, 2022
brimdans:
Okay, here is the thing.
I was working with this woman in her organization. Shes high handed, toxic and domineering, but I was coping well with her, she insults me and talk down on me, all I say mostly is sorry Ma.

So this particular day, which was yesterday. There's this particular room in the lab which we were constructing, which she categorically told me not to open that room, because it contains equipment. And I don't handle the keys, but another person holds the keys.

Now water entered the room, from a faulty pipe, and did a little damage to one of the cabinets, and it touched some of the materials.

The woman, now began insulting me that it will be deducted from my salary, because it was my fault?

I asked how is it my fault Ma, you said that room shouldn't be opened by anybody. So I can't accept fault for what I didn't do. I'm sorry. She shouted and shouted to the point of almost slapping me, but God saved her she didn't. I kept my calm and told her sorry.

Again she asked for some remaining boards that were used in constructing some cabinets in the lab, I told her I don't know, but lemme check and ask the person who has custody to the keys. Another tirade began, she insulted the hell of out me. I remained calm, that it will be removed from my salary, and those things according to her is about one hundred thousand naira. I told her ma, I didn't take them, but lemme ask oga Patrick who is in charge of the lab, she refused, that I shouldn't l. That I must pay for all of these things. I kept my cool all through.

She now said I should remove her uniform and submit her company materials, actually some of the materials are at home, so I couldn't get them that night.

She texted and called me countless times to send the company materials, I then told her, I'll send them but I need my salary that I've worked for, for the last month. She now said, before she wanted to pay and forgive me, but that she's not paying me again.

It is Worthy to note that I came purposely to work for this woman from another state, I needed my salary to help me plan my life after my sack. Right now I'm confused, because I've no money, nor accommodation, I can't even travel back. Please nairalanders, I need your advice, legally and all.
Thank you for reading
PS, there might be errors, I didn't have time to edit. Currently in church.
Let me keep my cool, because I dey vex right now, Op the reason you surfer like this is just because you are keeping your cool, the first time that witch attack you, you should have responded accordingly, you are not destined to be a slave but you choose to be one!
Rule 1, you don't tell a Nigerian who deleberatly hate you Sorry because 99.9% are mad.
Rule 2. You don't accept dirty stuff thrown at you because you believe there's no hope after all, No, it's time to forge ahead. Now I will advice you to get that woman arrested before she arrest you of stealing company property! Trust me she will, take the Company things to police station and explain in details the treatment you get, note, you will loose some % to police, try and be getting record evidence of your conversation with her. If someone hates you, nothing you can do to please such person except you act in like manner

3 Likes

Re: I've Just Been Sacked by ALLNIGERIANSMAD(m): 4:17am On Feb 24, 2022
michlins:
Return those stuff. Whether or not she pays you your salary should, let her go and move on with your life
No, you don't allow wicked people get away with there wickedness, Op should get that woman arrested imidiately. Life is full of challenges, you have to face it when it comes, that woman isn't going to pay for service rendered unless someone stand against her and she will continue to treat her workers thesame way.
Re: I've Just Been Sacked by Spherical77(m): 5:17am On Feb 24, 2022
SimeonOTC:

So when your mother behave this way, the only solution is to kill her

I want to believe you are joking.. otherwise you need military rehabilitation asap

O.P it will take the grace of God for her to pay you..
Male boss that act like this, you can hope, but Female?, Only God can touch her.

Someone suggested talking to her husband, please if you can get access to her husband or anyone she listen to and respect, do reach them.

O.p it's going to be difficult but if I were you, I will just forget about it.

I rather go into crime than work for a 'Female' boss.

If they are the only ones left on earth, then I DIE JOBLESS..

ordinary female coworker, I dnt tolerate nonsense from them..
you're just being emotional and going outta proportion. Why would you rather go into crime than working with a female boss? Y'all think it's all female bosses that are too bossy or domineering? Moreover, not all male bosses are cool working with either. Making a blanket or general statement concerning female bosses is somewhat wrong

3 Likes

Re: I've Just Been Sacked by franchasng: 5:32am On Feb 24, 2022
MoneyGoDrop:
This is why i can't work for a private company. Most of them are modern slave merchants that will drain your whole energy while paying you peanuts.
It is not entirely true.

I am a private employer myself but I can boldly tell you that my staffs are one of the happiest employees in the world. Not that I pay them a lot of salary per se, but I give them the freedom to live their life, work happily and enjoy whatever role they are assigned to. I am sure most of my employees are happier at work than maybe at their various homes cos I make my workplace very comfortable for them to work and feel happy like its their organization.

Some that came as SSCE holders are now graduates via part time study. I made that possible by granting any of them that gets admission some days off to attend to their study needs.

I do this because I was once a broke, depressed graduate who didn't have any better hope for tomorrow. I suffered after NYSC. Even though I had the option of falling back to my family members, I decided not to, I made the decision to battle life out on my own. It wasn't easy, it wasn't funny but at the end, I pulled through and today, I bless God for His mercies and unmerited favours.

So one of the ways I appreciate God for all He did for me is to be kind to people, and to treat anybody that works for me temporary or permanently with humility and kindness. I do it as a service to my God that blessed my little efforts in life.

All my life, I have only sacked one staff and it was beginning of this year and why I sacked him was because he took my kindness for granted. I bought all the things he is using in the house he lives. A time came he said he needed bicycle for exercise, I gave him money to buy. I buy him clothes, shoes, cooking gas, just name it cos he is a young boy from a poor family. Sometimes he decides not to come to work without informing admin and he does this cos he believes he is very close to me and maybe because he believes I like him more than any other of my employee based on how I treat him and ignore his errors.

The one that I couldn't take happened in January 2022. I gave all employees Christmas and New Year holiday start from 24th December to 29th, and they were to return to work on 30th and 31st and close till 5th of January when we will then resume fully for the year. This young man intentionally absconded from duty and traveled on his own without telling me. And some other employees were already granted travel leave for New Year, so this made us to have serious lapses that many things weren't done and almost resulted to losing vital clients who had been patient for us to resume. He didn't bother to even call me or inform the admin.

Please dear young people, dont take your kind employer for a fool for your own good.

Op, from your narration, your employer is heartless and I can see it seems you work in a private school. I have observed that Nigerian Private school owners seems to be unkind and harsh to their employees, reason for this I dont really know.

Take it to God in prayer okay. Don't give up, challenges and failures are common to every successful person, but its how you manage your challenges and failures in life that will determine how far you would go in life. Don't feel its just you alone that have passed through this, nope. Almost all successful people you see and envy passed through this.

A very close friend got fired by his boss just because he managed to save money to buy a rickety Nigerian used car and also decided to marry his Church girlfriend. He specially invited his boss with a costly wine, only for the boss to reply him with a sack letter. He was shattered. I told him to cancel the wedding but he refused. The wedding was like a burial ceremony of a poor orphan, I was his bestman cry

But guess what ?

That guy is almost a Naira billionaire today and an employer of labour now living a sweet and purposeful life with that his wife and kids. But he did suffered for years if not a decade oh, but he was hard working, determined, smart and focused.

So don't give up.

Tell me how much will transport you back to your base or how much would take care of your most pressing need right now.

God will see you through. Go into personal covenant with God for a better life, tell God what you really want in life, back it up with hard work and don't ever carry malice for anybody in your heart. Forgive your employer and any other person that wrong you and focus on God and your handwork and watch out in few years to come.

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I've Just Been Sacked by Mooh247: 5:38am On Feb 24, 2022
1:Go to the state secretariat, head to State Ministry of Justice, ask for help from their pro bono human rights lawyers

2: Go to a local radio station that runs a human rights Program or program that they settle dispute and report her
Re: I've Just Been Sacked by mommaJ(f): 6:00am On Feb 24, 2022
[quote author=franchasng post=110493346]It is not entirely true.

I am a private employer myself but I can boldly tell you that my staffs are one of the happiest employees in the world. Not that I pay them a lot of salary per se, but I give them the freedom to live their life, work happily and enjoy whatever role they are assigned to. I am sure most of my employees are happier at work than maybe at their various homes cos I make my workplace very comfortable for them to work and feel happy like its their organization.

Some that came as SSCE holders are now graduates via part time study. I made that possible by granting any of them that gets admission some days off to attend to their study needs.

I do this because I was once a broke, depressed graduate who didn't have any better hope for tomorrow. I suffered after NYSC. Even though I had the option of falling back to my family members, I decided not to, I made the decision to battle life out on my own. It wasn't easy, it wasn't funny but at the end, I pulled through and today, I bless God for His mercies and unmerited favours.

So one of the ways I appreciate God for all He did for me is to be kind to people, and to treat anybody that works for me temporary or permanently with humility and kindness. I do it as a service to my God that blessed my little efforts in life.

/quote] Good morning sir. I read this and it's beautiful...gives so much hope actually. Most of us needs talks like this every now and then if only for that push. I can work for you remotely oo. Sir, please employ me, I need a job with you.
Re: I've Just Been Sacked by Oblongata: 6:14am On Feb 24, 2022
Omihanifa:
From the look of things, the woman just wants you to come and beg her no be say she truly sack you. If you go back to the office and beg she go tell you to resume back.

See ehen just play the fool. No be say you dey foolish o but just act like you are foolish so that you can plan your exit out of that place.

My former boss just be like this your boss way you describe. She go shout and shout at the end of the day all nah GRA GRA
@OP please take this advise. Na Norma shakara. Go meet her after she calm down and lie down beg. No be say you be foool o, bet you just wan make everything balance dats all…
Re: I've Just Been Sacked by 10BabyApple: 6:21am On Feb 24, 2022
brimdans:
Okay, here is the thing.
I was working with this woman in her organization. Shes high handed, toxic and domineering, but I was coping well with her, she insults me and talk down on me, all I say

Sir return the woman's material.
If you have an employment letter, kindly involve the Police. ... That will do alot more damage to her establishment than beating her.
Re: I've Just Been Sacked by YoungBlackRico(m): 6:23am On Feb 24, 2022
SimeonOTC:

So when your mother behave this way, the only solution is to kill her

I want to believe you are joking.. otherwise you need military rehabilitation asap

O.P it will take the grace of God for her to pay you..
Male boss that act like this, you can hope, but Female?, Only God can touch her.

Someone suggested talking to her husband, please if you can get access to her husband or anyone she listen to and respect, do reach them.

O.p it's going to be difficult but if I were you, I will just forget about it.

I rather go into crime than work for a 'Female' boss.

If they are the only ones left on earth, then I DIE JOBLESS..

ordinary female coworker, I dnt tolerate nonsense from them..
You are really foolish human being for bringing his mother into this.
Re: I've Just Been Sacked by Tallesty1(m): 7:04am On Feb 24, 2022
xtivin:

God has a better plan for you , move on. But learn to be more diplomatic with women bosses because they always like to satisfy their ego, avoid confrontations and careless with their words. Personally I don't drop official wears after I leave a job in this part of the word because of personal reasons you may learn that later.
He doesn't
Re: I've Just Been Sacked by michlins(m): 7:38am On Feb 24, 2022
ALLNIGERIANSMAD:
No, you don't allow wicked people get away with there wickedness, Op should get that woman arrested imidiately. Life is full of challenges, you have to face it when it comes, that woman isn't going to pay for service rendered unless someone stand against her and she will continue to treat her workers thesame way.
give him money to eat first before he will register the case with police and then fuel their car to go effect the arrest.

Later she will bail her herself and you're back to square one and if the woman pays the police better,they will arrest jim instead and he probably won't have the funds to bail himself.

In life,learn how to choose your battles. You're not David fighting Goliath

6 Likes

Re: I've Just Been Sacked by brimdans(m): 7:38am On Feb 24, 2022
AdeolaOmoOba:
What's the Name of the Company?
Where's it located?
What's the woman's Name? and
How much does she owe you?
Hi sir. Good morning.
Bio safety management company
Her name is Chioma
Shes owing me 60,000. Her company is in Abuja, but currently on a contract in Benue, where I've been all these while.
Re: I've Just Been Sacked by brimdans(m): 7:40am On Feb 24, 2022
10BabyApple:

Sir return the woman's material.
If you have an employment letter, kindly involve the Police. ... That will do alot more damage to her establishment than beating her.

I will do that sir.
Re: I've Just Been Sacked by brimdans(m): 7:42am On Feb 24, 2022
Oblongata:
@OP please take this advise. Na Norma shakara. Go meet her after she calm down and lie down beg. No be say you be foool o, bet you just wan make everything balance dats all…
Brother I've done that on several occasions, even when I'm not at fault, for how long will I continue to yield out my power to her, I really don't want to work with her again, I just need my money. I want to leave her for good

2 Likes

Re: I've Just Been Sacked by brimdans(m): 7:44am On Feb 24, 2022
[quote author=mommaJ post=110493616][/quote]
You're indeed a good man sir. God bless you for being a humane human being.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Nestle!!!...why This????...sad!!! / Nnpc Salary Scale For Fresh Graduate / Dilemma Of A 2.2 Graduate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.