Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,411 members, 7,812,218 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:12 AM

I've Just Been Sacked - Jobs/Vacancies (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / I've Just Been Sacked (40809 Views)

I've Been Sacked For No Reason / I've Just Been Employed As A Teacher, What Should I Do Next? / Npower Portal Has Just Been Hacked. Unconfirmed Earlier But False Now. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I've Just Been Sacked by brimdans(m): 2:46pm On Feb 24, 2022
Alusiizizi:

How could you have put yourself under a woman? How shameful indeed. Anyhow, you've learned one lesson, always put yourself above women under any circumstances. Period!
God bless you. I've learnt my lesson
Re: I've Just Been Sacked by jaxxy(m): 2:46pm On Feb 24, 2022
NOwazobia:
Nonsense talk. There is nothing like last hope. Opportunities abound everyday... and everyday you lose one, another replace it with time.

Your talk is a speech of a hopeless loser, the OP is not hopeless.

The op just said he was was homeless and not even in his state meaning his stranded with no freaking money. It not hopeless when u have life bt it’s damn serious and messed up.

My point was that b4 u bullshit ur crazy boss have a exit plan or alternative. Don’t put urself in a bad situation cos u cudnt Controls ur emotions or words.

That’s all.

2 Likes

Re: I've Just Been Sacked by lolu2019: 2:46pm On Feb 24, 2022
brimdans:
Okay, here is the thing.
I was working with this woman in her organization. Shes high handed, toxic and domineering, but I was coping well with her, she insults me and talk down on me, all I say mostly is sorry Ma.

So this particular day, which was yesterday. There's this particular room in the lab which we were constructing, which she categorically told me not to open that room, because it contains equipment. And I don't handle the keys, but another person holds the keys.

Now water entered the room, from a faulty pipe, and did a little damage to one of the cabinets, and it touched some of the materials.

The woman, now began insulting me that it will be deducted from my salary, because it was my fault?

I asked how is it my fault Ma, you said that room shouldn't be opened by anybody. So I can't accept fault for what I didn't do. I'm sorry. She shouted and shouted to the point of almost slapping me, but God saved her she didn't. I kept my calm and told her sorry.

Again she asked for some remaining boards that were used in constructing some cabinets in the lab, I told her I don't know, but lemme check and ask the person who has custody to the keys. Another tirade began, she insulted the hell of out me. I remained calm, that it will be removed from my salary, and those things according to her is about one hundred thousand naira. I told her ma, I didn't take them, but lemme ask oga Patrick who is in charge of the lab, she refused, that I shouldn't l. That I must pay for all of these things. I kept my cool all through.

She now said I should remove her uniform and submit her company materials, actually some of the materials are at home, so I couldn't get them that night.

She texted and called me countless times to send the company materials, I then told her, I'll send them but I need my salary that I've worked for, for the last month. She now said, before she wanted to pay and forgive me, but that she's not paying me again.

It is Worthy to note that I came purposely to work for this woman from another state, I needed my salary to help me plan my life after my sack. Right now I'm confused, because I've no money, nor accommodation, I can't even travel back. Please nairalanders, I need your advice, legally and all.
Thank you for reading
PS, there might be errors, I didn't have time to edit. Currently in church.
carry soldier go there.she will give u ur money
Re: I've Just Been Sacked by CSTRR: 2:51pm On Feb 24, 2022
That's why as companies are carrying out female centric employment quota nowadays, they should think of the future.

By the time women completely dominate the management positions of these companies and start their oppression and emotional tantrums as usual, na mass resignation go rock the entire labour sector.

1 Like

Re: I've Just Been Sacked by cyberthug(m): 2:52pm On Feb 24, 2022
If this is the case you have been sacked long ago , she's probably looking for excuse to nail you .
You have to drop company's belonging and hope she pays you at the end of the month, that stricktly depends on the company's policy .
Sorry for your loss ,better opportunities will surely present itself .
Re: I've Just Been Sacked by Kinzo0917(m): 2:56pm On Feb 24, 2022
My guy, contact ordinary president of human rights radio abuja. He will call d woman and your money will be recovered. The program is to fight for those who can't fight for themselves. Check out brekete program on youtube. It starts daily program from 7:30 to 10 mon-sat. If u need his whatsapp number, send me a private message
Re: I've Just Been Sacked by sayittome(m): 2:56pm On Feb 24, 2022
ok.
brimdans:

It's fruitless sir, I've tried it before.
Re: I've Just Been Sacked by bello87(m): 2:58pm On Feb 24, 2022
Please speak to a Lawyer.
Re: I've Just Been Sacked by Berankis: 3:03pm On Feb 24, 2022
VEXT:
Give a woman a little power and watch her become arrogant and aggressive....

No wonder prophet Mohammad never want women to rule over men grin
It's just amazing! Our levels of reasoning are just not the same. Even though men also have their bad sides i.e. unnecessary sexual demands from subordinates etc.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I've Just Been Sacked by OhiOfIhima: 3:04pm On Feb 24, 2022
franchasng:
It is not entirely true.

I am a private employer myself but I can boldly tell you that my staffs are one of the happiest employees in the world. Not that I pay them a lot of salary per se, but I give them the freedom to live their life, work happily and enjoy whatever role they are assigned to. I am sure most of my employees are happier at work than maybe at their various homes cos I make my workplace very comfortable for them to work and feel happy like its their organization.

Some that came as SSCE holders are now graduates via part time study. I made that possible by granting any of them that gets admission some days off to attend to their study needs.

I do this because I was once a broke, depressed graduate who didn't have any better hope for tomorrow. I suffered after NYSC. Even though I had the option of falling back to my family members, I decided not to, I made the decision to battle life out on my own. It wasn't easy, it wasn't funny but at the end, I pulled through and today, I bless God for His mercies and unmerited favours.

So one of the ways I appreciate God for all He did for me is to be kind to people, and to treat anybody that works for me temporary or permanently with humility and kindness. I do it as a service to my God that blessed my little efforts in life.

All my life, I have only sacked one staff and it was beginning of this year and why I sacked him was because he took my kindness for granted. I bought all the things he is using in the house he lives. A time came he said he needed bicycle for exercise, I gave him money to buy. I buy him clothes, shoes, cooking gas, just name it cos he is a young boy from a poor family. Sometimes he decides not to come to work without informing admin and he does this cos he believes he is very close to me and maybe because he believes I like him more than any other of my employee based on how I treat him and ignore his errors.

The one that I couldn't take happened in January 2022. I gave all employees Christmas and New Year holiday start from 24th December to 29th, and they were to return to work on 30th and 31st and close till 5th of January when we will then resume fully for the year. This young man intentionally absconded from duty and traveled on his own without telling me. And some other employees were already granted travel leave for New Year, so this made us to have serious lapses that many things weren't done and almost resulted to losing vital clients who had been patient for us to resume. He didn't bother to even call me or inform the admin.

Please dear young people, dont take your kind employer for a fool for your own good.

Op, from your narration, your employer is heartless and I can see it seems you work in a private school. I have observed that Nigerian Private school owners seems to be unkind and harsh to their employees, reason for this I dont really know.

Take it to God in prayer okay. Don't give up, challenges and failures are common to every successful person, but its how you manage your challenges and failures in life that will determine how far you would go in life. Don't feel its just you alone that have passed through this, nope. Almost all successful people you see and envy passed through this.

A very close friend got fired by his boss just because he managed to save money to buy a rickety Nigerian used car and also decided to marry his Church girlfriend. He specially invited his boss with a costly wine, only for the boss to reply him with a sack letter. He was shattered. I told him to cancel the wedding but he refused. The wedding was like a burial ceremony of a poor orphan, I was his bestman cry

But guess what ?

That guy is almost a Naira billionaire today and an employer of labour now living a sweet and purposeful life with that his wife and kids. But he did suffered for years if not a decade oh, but he was hard working, determined, smart and focused.

So don't give up.

Tell me how much will transport you back to your base or how much would take care of your most pressing need right now.

God will see you through. Go into personal covenant with God for a better life, tell God what you really want in life, back it up with hard work and don't ever carry malice for anybody in your heart. Forgive your employer and any other person that wrong you and focus on God and your handwork and watch out in few years to come.

God bless you bro... How I wish I can work for you. My place of residence is Agege! Egbeda, Iyana ipaja, Berger, Ikeja, ojota, alausa, gra, Oshodi etc are close to me sir.

1 Like

Re: I've Just Been Sacked by Oladat(m): 3:09pm On Feb 24, 2022
Best wishes to you bro.
I don't really get why people stay in a job where they are emotionally abused.If you work for someone and the person talks down on you, it's better for you to quit before being pushed.
Re: I've Just Been Sacked by maasoap(m): 3:09pm On Feb 24, 2022
Thermodynamics:

Don't listen to this advice, don't take it, learn to fight for what is yours, you worked for the money, collect it.
Collect what you worked for.

One must learn to choose his fight carefully, most especially if you're poor in this country. With a phone call, he could end up in prison (police station and court inclusive). Sometimes, one just need to walk away.

1 Like

Re: I've Just Been Sacked by madjune(m): 3:14pm On Feb 24, 2022
VEXT:
Give a woman a little power and watch her become arrogant and aggressive....

No wonder prophet Mohammad never want women to rule over men grin

Especially Calabar women.
Re: I've Just Been Sacked by MoneyGoDrop: 3:15pm On Feb 24, 2022
OhiOfIhima

I am currently in one bro... I do hope God help my situation.

Law firm, Lagos n 30k salary... I am so damn tired like tomorrow no dey, Walahi

I understand your pain bro. I too was in that shoe before but my pay was 21k in enugu. Though i learnt a lot from my boss but I'll never put myself in such situation again.
Re: I've Just Been Sacked by Alusiizizi(m): 3:15pm On Feb 24, 2022
brimdans:

What about the long run sir? I need my money

Seems like you aren't fully awake yet so let me help. That bridge is burnt. It can never be unburnt. So either you look forward to a long term of wallowing in self-pity and self-loathe on account of allowing yourself to be dominated by a woman or drink the sweet juices of revenge after which in the future you can look back at all this and smile, while feeling good about yourself.
Re: I've Just Been Sacked by blaise26abj(m): 3:16pm On Feb 24, 2022
MoneyGoDrop:
This is why i can't work for a private company. Most of them are modern slave merchants that will drain your whole energy while paying you peanuts.

The trick is learning how to walk away when you are offered peanuts . Know your worth gentlemen and ladies

2 Likes

Re: I've Just Been Sacked by Lawalemi(m): 3:16pm On Feb 24, 2022
May I know how much she pays you a month?
Re: I've Just Been Sacked by Glistinin(m): 3:17pm On Feb 24, 2022
30k as a lawyer?
OhiOfIhima:

I am currently in one bro... I do hope God help my situation.

Law firm, Lagos n 30k salary... I am so damn tired like tomorrow no dey, Walahi
Re: I've Just Been Sacked by ALLNIGERIANSMAD(m): 3:17pm On Feb 24, 2022
Slynation:
The way some of you talks sometimes baffles me, you want to get someone who is richer and well connected arrested in this Nigeria that we all know?? You avoided the part where the OP said he doesn't have any money, if they tell you to contribute to pay the police to get her arrested now you will leave this thread...!! Some battles are left for nature and karma to fight
it depends on your environment, I'm talking base on my environment. I base in Abuja, this kind of situation, you report it to public Opinion, public Opinion overrule even president of a country. No matter how highly placed you are. You will not want to be drag in the first place. That what I'm saying

1 Like

Re: I've Just Been Sacked by capnies: 3:20pm On Feb 24, 2022
brimdans:
Okay, here is the thing.
I was working with this woman in her organization. Shes high handed, toxic and domineering, but I was coping well with her, she insults me and talk down on me, all I say mostly is sorry Ma.

So this particular day, which was yesterday. There's this particular room in the lab which we were constructing, which she categorically told me not to open that room, because it contains equipment. And I don't handle the keys, but another person holds the keys.

Now water entered the room, from a faulty pipe, and did a little damage to one of the cabinets, and it touched some of the materials.

The woman, now began insulting me that it will be deducted from my salary, because it was my fault?

I asked how is it my fault Ma, you said that room shouldn't be opened by anybody. So I can't accept fault for what I didn't do. I'm sorry. She shouted and shouted to the point of almost slapping me, but God saved her she didn't. I kept my calm and told her sorry.

Again she asked for some remaining boards that were used in constructing some cabinets in the lab, I told her I don't know, but lemme check and ask the person who has custody to the keys. Another tirade began, she insulted the hell of out me. I remained calm, that it will be removed from my salary, and those things according to her is about one hundred thousand naira. I told her ma, I didn't take them, but lemme ask oga Patrick who is in charge of the lab, she refused, that I shouldn't l. That I must pay for all of these things. I kept my cool all through.

She now said I should remove her uniform and submit her company materials, actually some of the materials are at home, so I couldn't get them that night.

She texted and called me countless times to send the company materials, I then told her, I'll send them but I need my salary that I've worked for, for the last month. She now said, before she wanted to pay and forgive me, but that she's not paying me again.

It is Worthy to note that I came purposely to work for this woman from another state, I needed my salary to help me plan my life after my sack. Right now I'm confused, because I've no money, nor accommodation, I can't even travel back. Please nairalanders, I need your advice, legally and all.
Thank you for reading
PS, there might be errors, I didn't have time to edit. Currently in church.

IF YOU ARE INNOCENT OF WHAT YOU JUST WROTE, DON'T WORRY, GOD WANTS TO MOVE YOU TO A HIGHER LEVEL MARK MY WORDS, I DON'T KNOW HOW, GOD HAS MORE THAN A MILLION WAYS TO SOLVE ONE CHALLENGE. BLESS YOU.

1 Like

Re: I've Just Been Sacked by brimdans(m): 3:24pm On Feb 24, 2022
capnies:

IF YOU ARE INNOCENT OF WHAT YOU JUST WROTE, DON'T WORRY, GOD WANTS TO MOVE YOU TO A HIGHER LEVEL MARK MY WORDS, I DON'T KNOW HOW, GOD HAS MORE THAN A MILLION WAYS TO SOLVE ONE CHALLENGE. BLESS YOU.
Thank you so much sir. I believe God has a plan for me. After I was sacked a friend,invited me to church. And the pastor's preaching was directly about my situation
Re: I've Just Been Sacked by Godwin25king: 3:28pm On Feb 24, 2022
I've had similar experience in the past with a female lawyer..I went to her house and told her I won't be working for her anymore.

Omo, this lady begin spark like Raiden for mortal Kombat, threatened to arrest me. But do I care?? No. grin
Las las I gott a better connect in Lekki earning almost triple. At some point I was grateful to God for the experience.
Re: I've Just Been Sacked by brimdans(m): 3:28pm On Feb 24, 2022
Alusiizizi:

Seems like you aren't fully awake yet so let me help. That bridge is burnt. It can never be unburnt. So either you look forward to a long term of wallowing in self-pity and self-loathe on account of allowing yourself to be dominated by a woman or drink the sweet juices of revenge after which in the future you can look back at all this and smile, while feeling good about yourself.
Thank you and God bless. Naturally I seem weak to be honest. I'll man up.
Re: I've Just Been Sacked by brimdans(m): 3:30pm On Feb 24, 2022
lolu2019:
carry soldier go there.she will give u ur money
I would love to, but she's not even here. I'm her only staff in the site here, now she has sacked me
Re: I've Just Been Sacked by Aaaoo: 4:07pm On Feb 24, 2022
Why
Re: I've Just Been Sacked by DoggoneDogg: 4:07pm On Feb 24, 2022
[s]
Albertone:

Flat headed murderer advising someone to kill.
[/s]

Afonjajaweed
Re: I've Just Been Sacked by evolution4434: 4:21pm On Feb 24, 2022
I don't think it's about women, it's about choice. My boss at Media insight is a woman and she is the best anyone can desire or have. She is hardworking, kind and nice.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I've Just Been Sacked by Albertone(m): 4:22pm On Feb 24, 2022
DoggoneDogg:
[s][/s]

Afonjajaweed

Biafraúd killer.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I've Just Been Sacked by gerizzim: 4:30pm On Feb 24, 2022
your sack isn't because of what happened. Your boss Hz sown a seed of hatred against you all the while up till the time she used this issue as a front to relieve you of your job.
Thiz could be any of the reasons she laid you off
1. You exude confidence at the office which she interpretes as pride. If it wasn't an healthy confidence,tone it down a bit nd adjust for the next possible job coming bt if it's an healthy sefconfidennce,accept it as part of life.
2. You don't feed her wit office gossip.Most female bosses always like to have one 'spy' and informant in her circle of employees.some male bosses too dey like am
3. She possibly saw you as a threat to her position esp if you are very sound and intelligent.
4. You dint allow her to use you as a puppet in her hand to do som things that you feel is against how the work shud go or be done.
5. You no dey tremble at her feet and do all DOS eye service greetings and pseudo-compliments. You dey give her Mordecai style of relating.

a sack that you don't know anything abt is very painful and mentally disturbing.
accept it dt way as it is and stat thinking of wt to engage ursef wit dt will bring you money. every will be fine few months from now. cheer up!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Nestle!!!...why This????...sad!!! / Nnpc Salary Scale For Fresh Graduate / Dilemma Of A 2.2 Graduate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.