Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,388 members, 7,812,149 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:04 AM

I've Just Been Sacked - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / I've Just Been Sacked (40805 Views)

I've Been Sacked For No Reason / I've Just Been Employed As A Teacher, What Should I Do Next? / Npower Portal Has Just Been Hacked. Unconfirmed Earlier But False Now. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I've Just Been Sacked by brimdans(m): 8:03am On Feb 24, 2022
franchasng:
It is not entirely true.

I am a private employer myself but I can boldly tell you that my staffs are one of the happiest employees in the world. Not that I pay them a lot of salary per se, but I give them the freedom to live their life, work happily and enjoy whatever role they are assigned to. I am sure most of my employees are happier at work than maybe at their various homes cos I make my workplace very comfortable for them to work and feel happy like its their organization.

Some that came as SSCE holders are now graduates via part time study. I made that possible by granting any of them that gets admission some days off to attend to their study needs.

I do this because I was once a broke, depressed graduate who didn't have any better hope for tomorrow. I suffered after NYSC. Even though I had the option of falling back to my family members, I decided not to, I made the decision to battle life out on my own. It wasn't easy, it wasn't funny but at the end, I pulled through and today, I bless God for His mercies and unmerited favours.

So one of the ways I appreciate God for all He did for me is to be kind to people, and to treat anybody that works for me temporary or permanently with humility and kindness. I do it as a service to my God that blessed my little efforts in life.

All my life, I have only sacked one staff and it was beginning of this year and why I sacked him was because he took my kindness for granted. I bought all the things he is using in the house he lives. A time came he said he needed bicycle for exercise, I gave him money to buy. I buy him clothes, shoes, cooking gas, just name it cos he is a young boy from a poor family. Sometimes he decides not to come to work without informing admin and he does this cos he believes he is very close to me and maybe because he believes I like him more than any other of my employee based on how I treat him and ignore his errors.

The one that I couldn't take happened in January 2022. I gave all employees Christmas and New Year holiday start from 24th December to 29th, and they were to return to work on 30th and 31st and close till 5th of January when we will then resume fully for the year. This young man intentionally absconded from duty and traveled on his own without telling me. And some other employees were already granted travel leave for New Year, so this made us to have serious lapses that many things weren't done and almost resulted to losing vital clients who had been patient for us to resume. He didn't bother to even call me or inform the admin.

Please dear young people, dont take your kind employer for a fool for your own good.

Op, from your narration, your employer is heartless and I can see it seems you work in a private school. I have observed that Nigerian Private school owners seems to be unkind and harsh to their employees, reason for this I dont really know.

Take it to God in prayer okay. Don't give up, challenges and failures are common to every successful person, but its how you manage your challenges and failures in life that will determine how far you would go in life. Don't feel its just you alone that have passed through this, nope. Almost all successful people you see and envy passed through this.

A very close friend got fired by his boss just because he managed to save money to buy a rickety Nigerian used car and also decided to marry his Church girlfriend. He specially invited his boss with a costly wine, only for the boss to reply him with a sack letter. He was shattered. I told him to cancel the wedding but he refused. The wedding was like a burial ceremony of a poor orphan, I was his bestman cry

But guess what ?

That guy is almost a Naira billionaire today and an employer of labour now living a sweet and purposeful life with that his wife and kids. But he did suffered for years if not a decade oh, but he was hard working, determined, smart and focused.

So don't give up.

Tell me how much will transport you back to your base or how much would take care of your most pressing need right now.

God will see you through. Go into personal covenant with God for a better life, tell God what you really want in life, back it up with hard work and don't ever carry malice for anybody in your heart. Forgive your employer and any other person that wrong you and focus on God and your handwork and watch out in few years to come.
Reading your comments brought tears to my eyes. Sir, it's not actually a private school, it's a bio safety management company. based in Abuja, but currently on a contract in Benue. So I've been in Benue for the past 8 months working for her. Sir I don't want to go back to my base, because I can't even stand the shame, I don't even house an accomodation any more in my parents house, they've rented it out, to help meet some of there financial needs.

So right now, I'm just a wanderer in Benue. I live by the mercy of God and good people around. Yesterday it was one of the engineers in the site that gave me 1000 to feed and transport myself.

I can't even tell my parents what happened because it will break. My mom called me last night and was asking how was work, I couldn't bring myself to tell her what happened to me. I have shed tears even in public places.
I want to see if I can open a POS business, just to raise again sir. I've spoken to a friend in Jos, he promised to send me one. Right now I'm trusting God to help me. I want to construct a wooded kiosk to start up, so I could survive sir.
Sir if you will want to help me he is my account number and name
Bitrus Rimdans
My account is 0062691807
Access bank
I'm thirty years old, with a degree in political science and public administration. I'm also knowledgeable in computer applications and I worked in a lab for close to a year. God bless you.
Sir any thing you feel led to help me with. It's okay, because I won't go back home. I'll still be here to survive.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: I've Just Been Sacked by brimdans(m): 8:04am On Feb 24, 2022
November24:

.. Things our kings go thru for us.
Be strong bro. You will come out
Thank you and God bless you
Re: I've Just Been Sacked by brimdans(m): 8:05am On Feb 24, 2022
whemmytopsy:
Nigerian employers and oppression are like 5 and 6, Kindly return her things in your possession, hold yourself up, say some prayers and be on the look out for another job
...the best is just yet to come.
God bless you. I will do just that.
Re: I've Just Been Sacked by brimdans(m): 8:07am On Feb 24, 2022
kingthreat:

Which company materials do you have?
Just uniforms sir.and some tapes and other minor materials like books
Re: I've Just Been Sacked by brimdans(m): 8:08am On Feb 24, 2022
hopeforcharles:
Hmm it's not fair, returned it, but if she has a husband complain to him, and start looking for work else where because you will never be enough for her. She will always find fault.
She's not married. Am not sure anyone can marry her.

4 Likes

Re: I've Just Been Sacked by brimdans(m): 8:09am On Feb 24, 2022
RedCentaur:
This is inhumanity at it's peak.

With these string of events talking place by this time of the month, it's obvious she's not including you in her payroll, at least not for this february.

Kindly return the material as requested by her, ask her if you can continue working for her. If she declines, kindly leave.

When the period of payment of salary is approaching, go back to her and demand for your salary ( be calm and careful with your words this time). If she's still adamant, let it slide.

I experienced something similar around October last year, mine ended with a surprise and a bigger package.
I'll leave her to God. It's obvious she doesn't want to pay
Re: I've Just Been Sacked by brimdans(m): 8:12am On Feb 24, 2022
Samson0599:
Which state did this happened?
Benue
Re: I've Just Been Sacked by franchasng: 8:24am On Feb 24, 2022
brimdans:

Reading your comments brought tears to my eyes. Sir, it's not actually a private school, it's a bio safety management company. based in Abuja, but currently on a contract in Benue. So I've been in Benue for the past 8 months working for her. Sir I don't want to go back to my base, because I can't even stand the shame, I don't even house an accomodation any more in my parents house, they've rented it out, to help meet some of there financial needs.

So right now, I'm just a wanderer in Benue. I live by the mercy of God and good people around. Yesterday it was one of the engineers in the site that gave me 1000 to feed and transport myself.

I can't even tell my parents what happened because it will break. My mom called me last night and was asking how was work, I couldn't bring myself to tell her what happened to me. I have shed tears even in public places.
I want to see if I can open a POS business, just to raise again sir. I've spoken to a friend in Jos, he promised to send me one. Right now I'm trusting God to help me. I want to construct a wooded kiosk to start up, so I could survive sir.
Sir if you will want to help me he is my account number and name
Bitrus Rimdans
My account is 0062691807
Access bank
I'm thirty years old, with a degree in political science and public administration. I'm also knowledgeable in computer applications and I worked in a lab for close to a year. God bless you.
Sir any thing you feel led to help me with. It's okay, because I won't go back home. I'll still be here to survive.
The POS business is a good one. Have you surveyed the area, do you think POS business will thrive in that area? Also consider the security risk and how many existing POS businesses are there right now?

Your friend want to send you a POS or what?
Re: I've Just Been Sacked by franchasng: 8:25am On Feb 24, 2022
brimdans:

Just uniforms sir.and some tapes and other minor materials like books
Return them to her today or tomorrow, don't keep any of her item with you
Re: I've Just Been Sacked by brimdans(m): 8:32am On Feb 24, 2022
franchasng:
The POS business is a good one. Have you surveyed the area, do you think POS business will thrive in that area? Also consider the security risk and how many existing POS businesses are there right now?

Your friend want to send you a POS or what?
I want to site it close to a university campus. I ordered for a POS terminal from one of my friends company, but it hasn't gotten to me yet, he actually said by months ending. So about security, the place is relatively safe.
Re: I've Just Been Sacked by brimdans(m): 8:34am On Feb 24, 2022
franchasng:
Done that already, and then what's the next step?
Re: I've Just Been Sacked by franchasng: 8:40am On Feb 24, 2022
brimdans:

I want to site it close to a university campus. I ordered for a POS terminal from one of my friends company, but it hasn't gotten to me yet, he actually said by months ending. So about security, the place is relatively safe.
Month is next week.

Quote me here once you get the POS terminal
Re: I've Just Been Sacked by Nobody: 8:44am On Feb 24, 2022
VEXT:
Give a woman a little power and watch her become arrogant and aggressive....

No wonder prophet Mohammad never want women to rule over men grin
According to history, Khadija his first wife dominated and controlled him to the point he actually questioned his sanity.
This later shaped his philosophy and view of women.
I don't want to work in a private company under a woman.......or man. Or anybody.
So help me God.
Re: I've Just Been Sacked by Nobody: 8:45am On Feb 24, 2022
brimdans:

She's not married. Am not sure anyone can marry her.
There are some women that can't be husbanded
Re: I've Just Been Sacked by Nobody: 8:47am On Feb 24, 2022
franchasng:
Brimdans, follow this advise please.
Before she labels you a thief and have you arrested by the cops.
Abi you get money for legal case abi police wahala?
Re: I've Just Been Sacked by brimdans(m): 8:59am On Feb 24, 2022
franchasng:
Month is next week.

Quote me here once you get the POS terminal
Alright sir. God bless you mightily. For your concern.
Re: I've Just Been Sacked by brimdans(m): 9:00am On Feb 24, 2022
safesurfer:

Brimdans, follow this advise please.
Before she labels you a thief and have you arrested by the cops.
Abi you get money for legal case abi police wahala?
I've returned them boss

1 Like

Re: I've Just Been Sacked by franchasng: 9:02am On Feb 24, 2022
brimdans:

Alright sir. God bless you mightily. For your concern.
You are welcome. You will be fine with time. God will see you through. Just try and be more closer to God by having a personal relationship with God not just by attending Sunday Church services alone.

Make sure you quote me once you receive the POS.

4 Likes

Re: I've Just Been Sacked by EGBEDA101: 9:14am On Feb 24, 2022
Niom:
Kindly return the company's equipments and leave.

She might report to the police that you stole it and you know what that means...

You are not ready for that now...

So just return it and leave her to God...

Op, do this.
Re: I've Just Been Sacked by brimdans(m): 9:34am On Feb 24, 2022
franchasng:
You are welcome. You will be fine with time. God will see you through. Just try and be more closer to God by having a personal relationship with God not just by attending Sunday Church services alone.

Make sure you quote me once you receive the POS.
Thank you once more sir. God bless you.
I'll push for the POS so I can kickstart life.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I've Just Been Sacked by Ihatebuhariwith(m): 10:38am On Feb 24, 2022
Omihanifa:
From the look of things, the woman just wants you to come and beg her no be say she truly sack you. If you go back to the office and beg she go tell you to resume back.

See ehen just play the fool. No be say you dey foolish o but just act like you are foolish so that you can plan your exit out of that place.

My former boss just be like this your boss way you describe. She go shout and shout at the end of the day all nah GRA GRA
just follow this advise... E get why.
Re: I've Just Been Sacked by heniford2: 10:42am On Feb 24, 2022
whemmytopsy:
Nigerian employers and oppression are like 5 and 6, Kindly return her things in your possession, hold yourself up, say some prayers and be on the look out for another job
Op do not do this please hold on to those stuff make inquiries on how to sell them off,two not everything you should pray for that's why Almighty God gave u brain to think as for the madam move on karma do not forget easily
Re: I've Just Been Sacked by sexy74(m): 12:04pm On Feb 24, 2022
brimdans:
Okay, here is the thing.
I was working with this woman in her organization. Shes high handed, toxic and domineering, but I was coping well with her, she insults me and talk down on me, all I say mostly is sorry Ma.

So this particular day, which was yesterday. There's this particular room in the lab which we were constructing, which she categorically told me not to open that room, because it contains equipment. And I don't handle the keys, but another person holds the keys.

Now water entered the room, from a faulty pipe, and did a little damage to one of the cabinets, and it touched some of the materials.

The woman, now began insulting me that it will be deducted from my salary, because it was my fault?

I asked how is it my fault Ma, you said that room shouldn't be opened by anybody. So I can't accept fault for what I didn't do. I'm sorry. She shouted and shouted to the point of almost slapping me, but God saved her she didn't. I kept my calm and told her sorry.

Again she asked for some remaining boards that were used in constructing some cabinets in the lab, I told her I don't know, but lemme check and ask the person who has custody to the keys. Another tirade began, she insulted the hell of out me. I remained calm, that it will be removed from my salary, and those things according to her is about one hundred thousand naira. I told her ma, I didn't take them, but lemme ask oga Patrick who is in charge of the lab, she refused, that I shouldn't l. That I must pay for all of these things. I kept my cool all through.

She now said I should remove her uniform and submit her company materials, actually some of the materials are at home, so I couldn't get them that night.

She texted and called me countless times to send the company materials, I then told her, I'll send them but I need my salary that I've worked for, for the last month. She now said, before she wanted to pay and forgive me, but that she's not paying me again.

It is Worthy to note that I came purposely to work for this woman from another state, I needed my salary to help me plan my life after my sack. Right now I'm confused, because I've no money, nor accommodation, I can't even travel back. Please nairalanders, I need your advice, legally and all.
Thank you for reading
PS, there might be errors, I didn't have time to edit. Currently in church.
I will advice you return all her things and if you do, make sure you get a and acknowledgment for all things returned and keep your copy of the acknowledgement for reference purpose when you ask for your money
Re: I've Just Been Sacked by brimdans(m): 12:11pm On Feb 24, 2022
ALLNIGERIANSMAD:
Let me keep my cool, because I dey vex right now, Op the reason you surfer like this is just because you are keeping your cool, the first time that witch attack you, you should have responded accordingly, you are not destined to be a slave but you choose to be one!
Rule 1, you don't tell a Nigerian who deleberatly hate you Sorry because 99.9% are mad.
Rule 2. You don't accept dirty stuff thrown at you because you believe there's no hope after all, No, it's time to forge ahead. Now I will advice you to get that woman arrested before she arrest you of stealing company property! Trust me she will, take the Company things to police station and explain in details the treatment you get, note, you will loose some % to police, try and be getting record evidence of your conversation with her. If someone hates you, nothing you can do to please such person except you act in like manner
Thank you so much bro. You've said it all. I made a very big mistake by coming off as a weakling to her. I regret it. I wish I can turn back the hands of time, now I'm in deep regret being loyal to an ungrateful person.
Re: I've Just Been Sacked by brimdans(m): 12:12pm On Feb 24, 2022
Rickmann:

Glad you go to church. If truly the whole thing played out as you just narrated, then that woman must be a wicked person.

Please ask of any lawyer around or better still in church, probono if possible..
This will be a sweet case for them.

I'm actually thinking of getting probono lawyers. I really need my money
Re: I've Just Been Sacked by ogododo: 12:54pm On Feb 24, 2022
brimdans:
Okay, here is the thing.
I was working with this woman in her organization. Shes high handed, toxic and domineering, but I was coping well with her, she insults me and talk down on me, all I say mostly is sorry Ma.

So this particular day, which was yesterday. There's this particular room in the lab which we were constructing, which she categorically told me not to open that room, because it contains equipment. And I don't handle the keys, but another person holds the keys.

Now water entered the room, from a faulty pipe, and did a little damage to one of the cabinets, and it touched some of the materials.

The woman, now began insulting me that it will be deducted from my salary, because it was my fault?

I asked how is it my fault Ma, you said that room shouldn't be opened by anybody. So I can't accept fault for what I didn't do. I'm sorry. She shouted and shouted to the point of almost slapping me, but God saved her she didn't. I kept my calm and told her sorry.

Again she asked for some remaining boards that were used in constructing some cabinets in the lab, I told her I don't know, but lemme check and ask the person who has custody to the keys. Another tirade began, she insulted the hell of out me. I remained calm, that it will be removed from my salary, and those things according to her is about one hundred thousand naira. I told her ma, I didn't take them, but lemme ask oga Patrick who is in charge of the lab, she refused, that I shouldn't l. That I must pay for all of these things. I kept my cool all through.

She now said I should remove her uniform and submit her company materials, actually some of the materials are at home, so I couldn't get them that night.

She texted and called me countless times to send the company materials, I then told her, I'll send them but I need my salary that I've worked for, for the last month. She now said, before she wanted to pay and forgive me, but that she's not paying me again.

It is Worthy to note that I came purposely to work for this woman from another state, I needed my salary to help me plan my life after my sack. Right now I'm confused, because I've no money, nor accommodation, I can't even travel back. Please nairalanders, I need your advice, legally and all.
Thank you for reading

Buharinomic do hit una.
Re: I've Just Been Sacked by omoredia: 12:57pm On Feb 24, 2022
Next time don't endure a toxic workplace. It never gets better

2 Likes

Re: I've Just Been Sacked by Nobody: 12:57pm On Feb 24, 2022
whemmytopsy:

Did you hear his employer's side of the story too? grin or only this side of the story?
Re: I've Just Been Sacked by pocohantas(f): 12:58pm On Feb 24, 2022
Tallesty1:
He doesn't

Haba! But e be like this OP no get good head o. Even his former boss was wicked. He moved to Lagos and landed in deeper shît. I advise people to flee from most sole proprietorships. It is not even about maltreatment as that can be found everywhere, but the fact that there is no laid down channel for resolving such. Also no clear career path or growth.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I've Just Been Sacked by Jnana19(m): 12:58pm On Feb 24, 2022
Wrong approach you would have dropped materials belonging to the office when relieved of your duty and now fight for your salary with all forces but now u lost it all lesson 108
brimdans:
Okay, here is the thing.

Thank you for reading
Re: I've Just Been Sacked by Ladycewhy(f): 12:59pm On Feb 24, 2022
BENCHOKCONSULT:

90% of Nigerian female bosses are toxic, domineering and wicked. ThankGod you walked away cheesy cheesy grin
I have had the same with male bosses as well.

Let's also add sexual harassment to the sheet of male bosses.

I worked for a popular man one time that used to deck the GM blows grin grin grin, infact e dey slap people anyhow . My own na sexual harassment make me run till date they still owe one month salary plus allowances.

1 Like

Re: I've Just Been Sacked by Latakia(f): 1:00pm On Feb 24, 2022
I've heard about your own side of the story, tell the woman to join nairaland if she doesn't have an account and let me hear her own side of the story before I give my judgement.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Nestle!!!...why This????...sad!!! / Nnpc Salary Scale For Fresh Graduate / Dilemma Of A 2.2 Graduate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.