Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,884 members, 7,828,142 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 02:49 AM

What's The Biggest Red Flag You Ever Spotted At The Start Of A New Relationship? - Romance (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What's The Biggest Red Flag You Ever Spotted At The Start Of A New Relationship? (43100 Views)

What's That Red Flag You Are Secretly Attracted To In The Opposite Gender / The First Red Flag You Saw In Your Relationship And Know It Will Not Last. / My fiancee Finds It Difficult To Cook & Do House Chores, Is This A Red Flag? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What's The Biggest Red Flag You Ever Spotted At The Start Of A New Relationship? by Nobody: 11:10pm On Mar 14, 2022
nurez305:
The first red flag was when she started ignoring my calls.

I went to her house to know what is going on and I met a guy there but he excuse us immediately, later she went to take her bath and drop the phone on the sofa. I was with her phone when the text message from that guy that left enter with only "OK" . then I open the message and I saw the previous conversation between them.

The guy said : when you know your boy-friend is coming to your house today, why did you invite me also to come

My fucking GF replied : he is not my boyfriend, he is only a friend

After reading that, I started sweating inside their house after I have spent on the idiot.

I bought her the phone,
Pay her school fee,
Give her money whenever she ask
When her father died, I paid her trip to and fro and also give her change to hold to her village.

I felt like a loser and was very heartbroken. I summon courage and told her to return back my phone after telling her what I saw in her inbox, she accuse me of checking her messages without her consent and she refuse to give me the phone.

I threten her that if she refuse to return my phone that I won't take it lively with her. She reported me to police and they set a trap for me, she told me to come to somewhere to collect the phone, on getting there, I was arrested and the police force me to write a statement that I will never disturb her because of this phone again. I did and they told me to call one of my relatives to come and bail me and be my witness. I did that and I was granted bail and told us to come the next day.

The next day, the police woman try to settle the issue between us and she said we should not fight each other again and continue our relationship. And the police officer told her to delete all the threat messages I sent to her which he did.

NOW IS MY TURN TO REVENGE
After about 2months that will depart, she taught I have forgotten everything she does to me not knowing that I'm only waiting for the best time to strike her back. I went to area command to hire police, the man charged me 30k and told me not to worried that what she does was very bad. I lead the way to her house and she was shocked to see me again, she quickly call her mum and to tell her, we arrested her in her shop then and the police put an allegation on her that she hire tug to beat me up because I requested for my phone from her. She started crying that is a lie. The police ask for the receipt of the phone from her and she told them that I bought it for her, they collected the phone and detained her until her family show.

I later tell the police to allow her to go but I need to collect the phone. The man said it is important I do that.... After everything, I collected the phone and leave them in the station.

Foolish olosho

Smart and real man

2 Likes

Re: What's The Biggest Red Flag You Ever Spotted At The Start Of A New Relationship? by moralex(m): 11:22pm On Mar 14, 2022
nkemchineke:
U mean Tesla?
U mean " Met someone like that"?
Thanks
Re: What's The Biggest Red Flag You Ever Spotted At The Start Of A New Relationship? by Munzy14(m): 12:21am On Mar 15, 2022
czarr:
Small yansh
But e dey shake.. grin

1 Like

Re: What's The Biggest Red Flag You Ever Spotted At The Start Of A New Relationship? by Munzy14(m): 12:24am On Mar 15, 2022
Lalami3232:
Dem plenty ooooo grin.
Immediately you tell a 9ja babe say get feelings for her, E be like say you dey owe her instantly.
Funny enough, 99.2% no get anything to offer aside that toto wey everybody don chop before you. Even the toto wey majority of dem dey offer isn't even tight.
Na we go still use our own money to buy enlargement pump and cream before we fit enjoy the wide canal wey many of dem dey carry. I doubt if this generation of girls go stay labour room pass 2mins sef. The pikin go swim out with ease grin

I don talk am before and I go talk am again, "a single mother for Europe tight pass our average 9ja babe"
You dey craze... grin grin

1 Like

Re: What's The Biggest Red Flag You Ever Spotted At The Start Of A New Relationship? by Munzy14(m): 12:30am On Mar 15, 2022
FindX:
One round no dey do her.

How person pikin go dey fvck for 3 straight hours?
Lol...If she no do, you go still complain.. cheesy

1 Like

Re: What's The Biggest Red Flag You Ever Spotted At The Start Of A New Relationship? by onojaford(m): 1:31am On Mar 15, 2022
nurez305:
The first red flag was when she started ignoring my calls.

I went to her house to know what is going on and I met a guy there but he excuse us immediately, later she went to take her bath and drop the phone on the sofa. I was with her phone when the text message from that guy that left enter with only "OK" . then I open the message and I saw the previous conversation between them.

The guy said : when you know your boy-friend is coming to your house today, why did you invite me also to come

My fucking GF replied : he is not my boyfriend, he is only a friend

After reading that, I started sweating inside their house after I have spent on the idiot.

I bought her the phone,
Pay her school fee,
Give her money whenever she ask
When her father died, I paid her trip to and fro and also give her change to hold to her village.

I felt like a loser and was very heartbroken. I summon courage and told her to return back my phone after telling her what I saw in her inbox, she accuse me of checking her messages without her consent and she refuse to give me the phone.

I threten her that if she refuse to return my phone that I won't take it lively with her. She reported me to police and they set a trap for me, she told me to come to somewhere to collect the phone, on getting there, I was arrested and the police force me to write a statement that I will never disturb her because of this phone again. I did and they told me to call one of my relatives to come and bail me and be my witness. I did that and I was granted bail and told us to come the next day.

The next day, the police woman try to settle the issue between us and she said we should not fight each other again and continue our relationship. And the police officer told her to delete all the threat messages I sent to her which he did.

NOW IS MY TURN TO REVENGE
After about 2months that will depart, she taught I have forgotten everything she does to me not knowing that I'm only waiting for the best time to strike her back. I went to area command to hire police, the man charged me 30k and told me not to worried that what she does was very bad. I lead the way to her house and she was shocked to see me again, she quickly call her mum and to tell her, we arrested her in her shop then and the police put an allegation on her that she hire tug to beat me up because I requested for my phone from her. She started crying that is a lie. The police ask for the receipt of the phone from her and she told them that I bought it for her, they collected the phone and detained her until her family show.

I later tell the police to allow her to go but I need to collect the phone. The man said it is important I do that.... After everything, I collected the phone and leave them in the station.

Foolish olosho

Omo. I love that kind officer wey you finally meet. He's highly oriented.

2 Likes

Re: What's The Biggest Red Flag You Ever Spotted At The Start Of A New Relationship? by Nobody: 7:00am On Mar 15, 2022
Beedude:

I can actually afford to lose that amount. Atimes the money u spent isnt the issue. But someone playing smart is the issue.

It's not easy bro
Re: What's The Biggest Red Flag You Ever Spotted At The Start Of A New Relationship? by Nobody: 7:32am On Mar 15, 2022
Wittyduchess:
And you now determine how women should get to know online strangers undecided.

Let people do what they want,just because it's not in your interest doesn't make it wrong. I know you are pained. But its not up to you to determine how I decide to fraternize with anyone here. Got it?

You don't even need to explain yourself. You don't want it, you don't want it. Not everyone is on NL to meet people. Not even girls.

1 Like

Re: What's The Biggest Red Flag You Ever Spotted At The Start Of A New Relationship? by DonroxyII: 8:04am On Mar 15, 2022
Wittyduchess:
They hate when you see through them. The snubbing is also part of the manipulation ,they have various ways of "guilt tripping" and they see the "silent treatment " as a powerful control tool.

More people need to be aware of narcissism, gaslighting and emotional manipulations because ,there are more damaged people out there devolving everyday and developing dangerous personality disorders detrimental to sane and normal socialization and relationships.
This is True. Best is to stay away from such fellows because they have a way of infecting and inducting their closer ally into the Zombiesm.

Even if you are therapeutic in Nature, they will convert you into Zombie before you realise it except you are well Grounded. There are fewer and lesser Sane people in the World of today.

Person wey dey treat or live with madman is also a Madman. If you don't go down to a Madman's world, You can't bring Him out into Light. But if You also get Stucked in the world of madness, gbam e finish, who go rescue you grin

Delirium or Depression is the bane of today's Societies. God(Balance-Fair) is the Missing link in today's World.

Human(Like other animals) can't Navigate Earth and Evolution on our own, we need God to ensuring Our Scientific Breakthrough leads to true Evolutions(Mental Health Development) not a curse and Devolutions(Depressions). Whatever we developed shouldn't be used against ourselves for development.

Lions and Tigers develops biological weapons in fangs and nails to tear down their Prides and preys. Human ain't doing better, we have more than enough weapons to wipe out even Earth itself.

1 Like

Re: What's The Biggest Red Flag You Ever Spotted At The Start Of A New Relationship? by Nobody: 8:19am On Mar 15, 2022
Atimjessy:
He kept over-pricing everything like a stingy man.
If he's overpricing everything then he's not stingy..
Re: What's The Biggest Red Flag You Ever Spotted At The Start Of A New Relationship? by Nobody: 8:23am On Mar 15, 2022
Our first time of meeting she called someone mad in my presence.I was like babe calm down.

2 Likes

Re: What's The Biggest Red Flag You Ever Spotted At The Start Of A New Relationship? by DonroxyII: 8:23am On Mar 15, 2022
humility33:

I can affirm to what you just wrote

One does not know what is a petroleum refinery sef
Some ladies eehh they even equip themselves
The fact that she doesn't know doesn't mean much. But if she doesn't wanna know then Bounce.
Re: What's The Biggest Red Flag You Ever Spotted At The Start Of A New Relationship? by DonroxyII: 8:30am On Mar 15, 2022
humility33:

I can affirm to what you just wrote

One does not know what is a petroleum refinery sef
Some ladies eehh they even equip themselves
The fact that she doesn't know doesn't mean much. But if she doesn't wanna know then Bounce.

A woman that's interested in you will adjust and adapt your world into her world and they are fast learners due to more neurons. Verily, she will teach you how refinery gets built and How Crude oil gets extracted.

But do you have the patience ?

2 Likes

Re: What's The Biggest Red Flag You Ever Spotted At The Start Of A New Relationship? by Nobody: 8:36am On Mar 15, 2022
DonroxyII:
This is True. Best is to stay away from such fellows because they have a way of infecting and inducting their closer ally into the Zombiesm.

Even if you are therapeutic in Nature, they will convert you into Zombie before you realise it except you are well Grounded. There are fewer and lesser Sane people in the World of today.

Person wey dey treat or live with madman is also a Madman. If you don't go down to a Madman's world, You can't bring Him out into Light. But if You also get Stucked in the world of madness, gbam e finish, who go rescue you grin

Delirium or Depression is the bane of today's Societies. God(Balance-Fair) is the Missing link in today's World.

Human(Like other animals) can't Navigate Earth and Evolution on our own, we need God to ensuring Our Scientific Breakthrough leads to true Evolutions(Mental Health Development) not a curse and Devolutions(Depressions). Whatever we developed shouldn't be used against ourselves for development.

Lions and Tigers develops biological weapons in fangs and nails to tear down their Prides and preys. Human ain't doing better, we have more than enough weapons to wipe out even Earth itself.
True.
Also Some people have this savior complex,they believe they are assistant Jesus especially some women. They believe staying and trying to fix him makes her better than the other woman who walked out. They believe in the eyes of society,it makes her the biblical "virtuous woman".

People have an invisible medal and honorary award placed on "struggle love". That constant need to prove we are better than others even to our own detriment has pushed alot of people to be caught in the web of toxic energy without even realizing it.

2 Likes

Re: What's The Biggest Red Flag You Ever Spotted At The Start Of A New Relationship? by Nobody: 8:54am On Mar 15, 2022
nighter:

You don't even need to explain yourself. You don't want it, you don't want it. Not everyone is on NL to meet people. Not even girls.
Cry babies need to be explained to so they stop throwing a tantrum. cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What's The Biggest Red Flag You Ever Spotted At The Start Of A New Relationship? by DonroxyII: 10:24am On Mar 15, 2022
We4all:

Some people are shameless. A guy took a lady out and she gulped 7 glasses of yoghurt. I was dumbfounded.
E no much na. How many hours dem spend together. 7 glasses not 7packs.
Re: What's The Biggest Red Flag You Ever Spotted At The Start Of A New Relationship? by DonroxyII: 10:26am On Mar 15, 2022
Wittyduchess:
Not True , they are everywhere ,in your family, work place, church, as your neighbor , anywhere and everywhere.

And don't make this about me, i know it gives you and your kind adrenaline rush to find ways to blame the victim and even more so if it's a woman. No disrespect, but just shut up.
You are correct but not withstanding no one is perfect. Work on Yourself implies do better to attract the saner ones. Emotions is the Number One culprit to attracting the insane ones.
Re: What's The Biggest Red Flag You Ever Spotted At The Start Of A New Relationship? by Nobody: 10:30am On Mar 15, 2022
DonroxyII:
You are correct but not withstanding no one is perfect. Work on Yourself implies do better to attract the saner ones. Emotions is the Number One culprit to attracting the insane ones.
Sure there is always room for improvement on one's self awareness,intuition and even behavioral pattern.

But that being said, they can be anywhere and everywhere.would you turn down a well paying job because your red flag alarm goes off that your soon to be new boss is a narcissist?
Re: What's The Biggest Red Flag You Ever Spotted At The Start Of A New Relationship? by DonroxyII: 10:32am On Mar 15, 2022
Wittyduchess:
Men are more enabled due to patriarchy. Men have more opportunities to devolve and get away with it. Infact being toxic to some is a "manly trait", Most people don't even know how to differentiate being toxic from being manly.
But make we no lie you self go get small Aggressions grin .. dem Don show you pepper u just gatz fight your way out cheesy ...
Re: What's The Biggest Red Flag You Ever Spotted At The Start Of A New Relationship? by DonroxyII: 10:33am On Mar 15, 2022
irijuola:

I think he got disappointed at a point when he’ll try to provoke a reaction from me and I’ll just give him a blank. Sometimes, I’ll start pitying him and wonder what damaged him to this extent
The emotions is the trap. I don't pity anymore before someone wreck my Head.

1 Like

Re: What's The Biggest Red Flag You Ever Spotted At The Start Of A New Relationship? by Nobody: 10:34am On Mar 15, 2022
DonroxyII:
But make we no lie you self go get small Aggressions grin .. dem Don show you pepper u just gatz fight your way out cheesy ...
It's called self preservation. It's a default human trait some people tune it down because they see the world through their own eyes .
Re: What's The Biggest Red Flag You Ever Spotted At The Start Of A New Relationship? by DonroxyII: 10:35am On Mar 15, 2022
Wittyduchess:
You don't need to pity such people. You could get sucked back in if you let the feeling overwhelm you . Then you might start feeling a need to try and fix or save him. It's not worth it.
Don't conclude it Is not worth it. If you meet a Depressed Soul that's sober and ready to come out. Then 50% of the job has been solved then you can help the lifted hands.

Many people don't actually understand what's happening to them. Only few Brains can actually diagnosed itself and fix itself.

Many needs help. But if You are Stubborn and an Obsessive type. Usain Bolt dey joke where me dey run.
Re: What's The Biggest Red Flag You Ever Spotted At The Start Of A New Relationship? by humility33(m): 10:37am On Mar 15, 2022
DonroxyII:

A woman that's interested in you will adjust and adapt your world into her world and they are fast learners due to more neurons. Verily, she will teach you how refinery gets built and How Crude oil gets extracted.

But do you have the patience ?

Thanks for this bro

Will take note

I have an issue right now

I am highly sapiosexual. I like I love intelligent discussions in politics, economics, sports, geography, history,animal science and lots more and when I relate with ladies they seems not to fit into this, I swiftly loose interest I just dont know how to manage this
Re: What's The Biggest Red Flag You Ever Spotted At The Start Of A New Relationship? by Nobody: 10:39am On Mar 15, 2022
DonroxyII:
Don't conclude it Is not worth it. If you meet a Depressed Soul that's sober and ready to come out. Then 50% of the job has been solved then you can help the lifted hands.

Many people don't actually understand what's happening to them. Only few Brains can actually diagnosed itself and fix itself.

Many needs help. But if You are Stubborn and an Obsessive type. Usain Bolt dey joke where me dey run.
There is a difference between a depressed person and a narcissist .

Infact faking depression can even be a manipulative tool for some evil narcissists abi na psychopaths we go call those ones self.

And you are right, a depressed soul ready to come out should be rendered all the help they can get.

Love and light to everyone going through one struggle or the other with their mental health.

3 Likes

Re: What's The Biggest Red Flag You Ever Spotted At The Start Of A New Relationship? by DonroxyII: 10:41am On Mar 15, 2022
humility33:

Thanks for this bro

Will take note

I have an issue right now

I am highly sapiosexual. I like I love intelligent discussions in politics, economics, sports, geography, history,animal science and lots more and when I relate with ladies they seems not to fit into this, I swiftly loose interest I just dont know how to manage this
My own is that I don't like a lady that doesn't have a good grasp of her field. If you are a Medical Doc, When I ask Question on Medicine, I want Professional Answer or atleast a Reasonable idea but if you tell me You don't know :

Red flag :

I'm 50% out.

I can't be asking someone the function of liver in Digestion of food and you are beating around the Bush grin ...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What's The Biggest Red Flag You Ever Spotted At The Start Of A New Relationship? by DonroxyII: 10:44am On Mar 15, 2022
Wittyduchess:
It's called self preservation. It's a default human trait some people tune it down because they see the world through their own eyes .
Anyway, Don't allow yourself to get easily provoked or be put in Defensive/Offensive position for your mental health. Once a Conversation is not linear stay back na dem grin

I Learnt this the hardway. Now you should see you still gets some work to do cheesy
Re: What's The Biggest Red Flag You Ever Spotted At The Start Of A New Relationship? by humility33(m): 10:46am On Mar 15, 2022
DonroxyII:
My own is that I don't like a lady that doesn't have a good grasp of her field. If you are a Medical Doc, When I ask Question on Medicine, I want Professional Answer or atleast a Reasonable idea but if you tell me You don't know :

Red flag :

I'm 50% out.

I can't be asking someone the function of liver in Digestion of food and you are beating around the Bush grin ...

Lolzzz

I can relate
Re: What's The Biggest Red Flag You Ever Spotted At The Start Of A New Relationship? by Nobody: 10:47am On Mar 15, 2022
DonroxyII:
Anyway, Don't allow yourself to get easily provoked or be put in Defensive/Offensive position for your mental health. Once a Conversation is not linear stay back na dem grin

I Learnt this the hardway. Now you should see you still gets some work to do cheesy
Yeah, it's obvious replying with "k" isn't enough, I need to work on my bad energy blocking skills. grin grin
Re: What's The Biggest Red Flag You Ever Spotted At The Start Of A New Relationship? by DonroxyII: 10:49am On Mar 15, 2022
Wittyduchess:
Sure there is always room for improvement on one's self awareness,intuition and even behavioral pattern.

But that being said, they can be anywhere and everywhere.would you turn down a well paying job because your red flag alarm goes off that your soon to be new boss is a narcissist?
Self Management is my present area of interest. Idgaf who anybody is nowadays because the entire human race seem unwell cheesy ... I'm trying to learn adaptation and immunology. How to protect ones Mental Health And Remain Sane in a Toxic Environment.

I will just put up Shields and Move like nothing Happens.

Never Allow them to Infect You. It's a virus.
Re: What's The Biggest Red Flag You Ever Spotted At The Start Of A New Relationship? by DonroxyII: 10:52am On Mar 15, 2022
Wittyduchess:
True.
Also Some people have this savior complex,they believe they are assistant Jesus especially some women. They believe staying and trying to fix him makes her better than the other woman who walked out. They believe in the eyes of society,it makes her the biblical "virtuous woman".

People have an invisible medal and honorary award placed on "struggle love". That constant need to prove we are better than others even to our own detriment has pushed alot of people to be caught in the web of toxic energy without even realizing it.
Jesus really tried ooo. How many Demons he had to expunged and Assumed.

If you ain't careful and Rugged, person no go live long answer.

Redpill on point to Zombies now.
Re: What's The Biggest Red Flag You Ever Spotted At The Start Of A New Relationship? by Nobody: 10:53am On Mar 15, 2022
DonroxyII:
Self Management is my present area of interest. Idgaf who anybody is nowadays because the entire human race seem unwell cheesy ... I'm trying to learn adaptation and immunology. How to protect ones Mental Health And Remain Sane in a Toxic Environment.

I will just put up Shields and Move like nothing Happens.

Never Allow them to Infect You. It's a virus.
sounds like a good idea. Cos it's seems the only way to avoid such people is to live in a cocoon which will not be possible. I like your approach ,maybe you can give me tips or recommend a book or something for me as well.

1 Like

Re: What's The Biggest Red Flag You Ever Spotted At The Start Of A New Relationship? by DonroxyII: 11:26am On Mar 15, 2022
Wittyduchess:
sounds like a good idea. Cos it's seems the only way to avoid such people is to live in a cocoon which will not be possible. I like your approach ,maybe you can give me tips or recommend a book or something for me as well.
Aswear to God, I don't read Books like that except my Professional Book and Religion Book. But Meditate alot Emotionlessly on my Own.

I approach life Mildly no Need to be frenzied nor pain. No Delirium no Depression. The Brain is meant to solve all worries and problems once you dedicate time for it. But Your Brain is as vast as the Level of Education therein if not, You will bridge her Thresholds which shall lead to Brain Hemorrhage.

The tip is that "Whomsoever that's not linearly related to your Thought Processes should be Distanced or related with Diplomatically"

Remove toxic ones from your life if you can't remove them due to reasons beyond you e.g family or work. Develop tough skins against them but Never-Ever respond in like Terms that's how you get infected.

Be the One to infect them with Peacefulness and let them see How Mad and Crazy they have become: but to use Peace to Withstand Fury, You need Abundance of Peace inside of You Yourself grin.. Now, How do you get Abundance of Peace ? You can't use a cup of water to quench a gas plant Raze ... You Run !

But if you have what it takes, then You approach but also with Highest Level of caution in order not to be razed.

Let's follow each other ?

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply)

Wedding Photos Of A Feminist & Her Man 5 Months After He Slid Into Her DM / A Spiritual Condition Preventing Her From Having Sex With Me / Nigerian Christian Couple's Pre-Wedding Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 109
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.