Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,158 members, 7,821,937 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:10 PM

My Girlfriend Is Shocked That I Don't Know My Neighbour's Name For 2years. - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Girlfriend Is Shocked That I Don't Know My Neighbour's Name For 2years. (32965 Views)

"I'm Not A Mugu, I Know My Husband Has A 2nd Wife & Kids Back Home”-Oyinbo Woman / What I Went Through For 2years All Because Of Raw Sex / The Deeper Life Lady I Want To Marry Doesn't Want To Know My Place (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Girlfriend Is Shocked That I Don't Know My Neighbour's Name For 2years. by organicfoods(m): 10:05am On Apr 01, 2022
Well, It took me 2yrs to know everyone in my neighbourhood by name. On my street, I have never entered any other compound but maintain cordial relationships with everyone still.

Meanwhile to stop hunger, consider growing something right now. You can check many of my topics for inspirations.

Check below for some interesting Organic solution to combat pests using herbs. Organic Pesticides and fungicides can be produced easily by the farmer to reduce toxic chemicals on the farm. These Pesticides are potent and can be produced cheaply on the farm. Take advantage and leverage on this opportunity.

https://www.nairaland.com/5486295/effective-organic-pesticides-fungicides-against

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend Is Shocked That I Don't Know My Neighbour's Name For 2years. by BRATISLAVA: 10:05am On Apr 01, 2022
Everyday another stupid thread from another male user.

4 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Is Shocked That I Don't Know My Neighbour's Name For 2years. by eddie7: 10:05am On Apr 01, 2022
That one no be neighbour but ........
Re: My Girlfriend Is Shocked That I Don't Know My Neighbour's Name For 2years. by Nobody: 10:06am On Apr 01, 2022
CruiseCity:

You're still wrong. That's women thinking but end up in "see finish" grin

I swear
Re: My Girlfriend Is Shocked That I Don't Know My Neighbour's Name For 2years. by xynerise: 10:06am On Apr 01, 2022
That reminds me. Let me go and ask this idiot his name grin

7 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Is Shocked That I Don't Know My Neighbour's Name For 2years. by joetem(m): 10:08am On Apr 01, 2022
BirtherOfKings:
I don't agree
Its a sign of unfriendliness
That neighbour can be ur ticket out of poverty or all d contracts u need to be a billionaire
These days, everyone is doing biz with someone dey know well
Better change..wat u are looking for in Sokoto is in ur shokoto kiss kiss
If u know,u know

its still doesnt matter, i had similar experience and i didnt get to know my neighbours name for long... I sell cars, so one day his relative send him cars to sell and he handed them over to me. I got to know his name when i wanted to do transfer to him

5 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Is Shocked That I Don't Know My Neighbour's Name For 2years. by Jalaw: 10:08am On Apr 01, 2022
I donbelivit.

For 2yrs, nobody comes knocking on your neighbor's door calling his name?
Likewise yours?
Re: My Girlfriend Is Shocked That I Don't Know My Neighbour's Name For 2years. by Ijaya123: 10:08am On Apr 01, 2022
My next door neighbour has been living here for over 5 years and only entered their apartment twice. When they had a couple of emergencies.

4 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Is Shocked That I Don't Know My Neighbour's Name For 2years. by Lakside1955(m): 10:09am On Apr 01, 2022
Good
Re: My Girlfriend Is Shocked That I Don't Know My Neighbour's Name For 2years. by Lakside1955(m): 10:09am On Apr 01, 2022
Me dated a girl for a year, and I don’t know her name�

2 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Is Shocked That I Don't Know My Neighbour's Name For 2years. by Feelings79: 10:10am On Apr 01, 2022
Why do we feel it's wisdom and civility not to know who's living next door to us?in my area and side of the country,neighbours can be closer than family.My neighbour's baby is more in my wife's arms than her mother for example.Again, the guy staying next door to me is my main gist partner and co political analyst

3 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Is Shocked That I Don't Know My Neighbour's Name For 2years. by Hector09(m): 10:11am On Apr 01, 2022
From my community to port Harcourt know one knows my name..they only call me oyigbo.....my shyness no be here

2 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Is Shocked That I Don't Know My Neighbour's Name For 2years. by seborrhic: 10:11am On Apr 01, 2022
bigcee:

Lol, keep waiting for your neighbours to take you out of poverty. No go hustle cheesy
O boy,the guy's reasoning just threw me off balance.
His whole essence of knowing his neighbours is for one of them to take him out of his poverty!
This is entitlement mentality on a different scale!!

11 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Is Shocked That I Don't Know My Neighbour's Name For 2years. by bigdammyj: 10:12am On Apr 01, 2022
Okay
Re: My Girlfriend Is Shocked That I Don't Know My Neighbour's Name For 2years. by Elsueno: 10:12am On Apr 01, 2022
grin

Everybody knows me for my estate. grin ..But I can't even say I know d name of some of them.

But all of the kids know me, cause I got standard anime & run a free day care for them some weekends grin grin grin

4 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Is Shocked That I Don't Know My Neighbour's Name For 2years. by SunMusk(m): 10:12am On Apr 01, 2022
You re correct. Though Not for money or contract but is good you know people name, especially those u have stay with for 2yrs
BirtherOfKings:
I don't agree
Its a sign of unfriendliness
That neighbour can be ur ticket out of poverty or all d contracts u need to be a billionaire
These days, everyone is doing biz with someone dey know well
Better change..wat u are looking for in Sokoto is in ur shokoto kiss kiss
If u know,u know

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend Is Shocked That I Don't Know My Neighbour's Name For 2years. by SmartPolician: 10:14am On Apr 01, 2022
vastolord4:
My wife is a mind my business type of lady and so I'm I. Your topic is applicable to our situation.. lived here for 6 years and still don't know whose car is infront of my apartment..

While it is good to mind one's business, you should be alive to your environment.

This makes no sense. The day someone will commit a crime there, and you get implicated, then you will understand what you are doing to yourself.

I won't write more than this.

8 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Is Shocked That I Don't Know My Neighbour's Name For 2years. by Fly2London3Baba: 10:14am On Apr 01, 2022
Thats funny. i am shocked too. Its like you like minding your business and that is good.
https://thenewkokoro.com/how-do-you-start-a-broiler-farm/
Re: My Girlfriend Is Shocked That I Don't Know My Neighbour's Name For 2years. by kelspinall(m): 10:14am On Apr 01, 2022
same with me
Re: My Girlfriend Is Shocked That I Don't Know My Neighbour's Name For 2years. by jnrbayano(m): 10:14am On Apr 01, 2022
Demigod22:
I am very social and extrovert to the core. Any environment I find myself I make sure I know the people and they know me. It's my personality. I visited my mom for the first time, spent three days and all the neighbours and their children have my name on their lips. But my younger brother is exactly like OP.

I prefer your younger brother to you 1million times over

5 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Is Shocked That I Don't Know My Neighbour's Name For 2years. by Szilard: 10:14am On Apr 01, 2022
Omo

Mine is even some how

I'm a student but the majority of my neighbors are family people

I'm cordial with them, but I hardly come out

For the past 4 years, I've never sat outside with em to talk before ( they always gist outside in the evening if there's no light or landlord doesn't on the Gen)

Mine is partly due to anxiety and being a private person. .

They always subtly tease me and say I'm a snub

Omo

E no easy

They intentionally snub me sometimes grin

I just find it hard to sit outside and have shallow discussions cry grin

Who else is on this table!

4 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Is Shocked That I Don't Know My Neighbour's Name For 2years. by sultan1014(m): 10:14am On Apr 01, 2022
I don't even know most of them, let alone their names... I Leave for work very early before most of them wake up & return late when most of them would've retired indoors

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend Is Shocked That I Don't Know My Neighbour's Name For 2years. by BSdetective: 10:15am On Apr 01, 2022
I love my hood.... everyone says hello and minds their business.

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend Is Shocked That I Don't Know My Neighbour's Name For 2years. by NGArmyTerrorist: 10:15am On Apr 01, 2022
Too much friendliness dey bring insult and kidnapping as per where you are in the Zoo..

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Girlfriend Is Shocked That I Don't Know My Neighbour's Name For 2years. by Rugaria: 10:15am On Apr 01, 2022
If you have lived in Asia, this behavior would have been very normal to you. I once lived in a place and my next door neighbor was a very reclusive japanese business man. For over 5 years, we only nodded at each other once we run into each other coincidentally at the entrance doors. Got to know he's japanese from another Nigerian neighbor. I didn't even know about the nationalities of all those living around the other apartments, though their facial outlook gave away their ethnicities. I think Nigerians and maybe Africans like to know everything about their neighbors. They want to know where you're from, where you're working, when you go out and when you come back. I personally hate that nonsense..

18 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Is Shocked That I Don't Know My Neighbour's Name For 2years. by Highman56: 10:16am On Apr 01, 2022
vastolord4:
My wife is a mind my business type of lady and so I'm I. Your topic is applicable to our situation.. lived here for 6 years and still don't know whose car is infront of my apartment..
wat if na bomb?
Re: My Girlfriend Is Shocked That I Don't Know My Neighbour's Name For 2years. by deeplive1: 10:16am On Apr 01, 2022
We have been in our current compound for 2 years now and we r 10 tenants in the compound, me n my husband DON kW any of them name... But me n my hubby gave each of them nickname... That is how we identify them... grin grin

16 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Is Shocked That I Don't Know My Neighbour's Name For 2years. by mirexxx(f): 10:17am On Apr 01, 2022
Cutehector:
This behaviour is more rampant in Lekki/AJah/Sangotedo axis.
Hi, have u gone back to Lagos?
Re: My Girlfriend Is Shocked That I Don't Know My Neighbour's Name For 2years. by illuminutty: 10:17am On Apr 01, 2022
Same here... our greetings no pass "boss man, baba, oga mi, chairmo or nna m ukwu" grin grin grin

The one that moved in opposite mine has been here since January and I have not seen him face-to-face. I mean my apartment is 92 and his is 93. I leave to work by 6 and come home by 8 or 9 depending on traffic.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Careers Of Women That Turn You Off As A Man? / Does It Really Matter How A Man Proposes? (Snapshot) / Nigerian Man Proposes To His Girlfriend At The Airport(photos,video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.