Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,971 members, 7,810,689 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:24 PM

My Girlfriend Is Shocked That I Don't Know My Neighbour's Name For 2years. - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Girlfriend Is Shocked That I Don't Know My Neighbour's Name For 2years. (32937 Views)

"I'm Not A Mugu, I Know My Husband Has A 2nd Wife & Kids Back Home”-Oyinbo Woman / What I Went Through For 2years All Because Of Raw Sex / The Deeper Life Lady I Want To Marry Doesn't Want To Know My Place (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Girlfriend Is Shocked That I Don't Know My Neighbour's Name For 2years. by Menstruation: 10:17am On Apr 01, 2022
MISSCONGENIALITY:
I don't have same compound neighbor but 90%of the people in my street know me especially kids.
That aunty that has fine dog.
I know a few people by face but not by name. My opposite neighbor and his wife do check up on me from time to time and so does my neighbor to the left.
When they don't see me for sometime they know at my gate to know how I'm doing. They are all grandparents, but we rapour very well.
That Dog caught my attention. what for what are you doing with dog does women and Dog stay in the same house without ........

2 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Is Shocked That I Don't Know My Neighbour's Name For 2years. by Menstruation: 10:18am On Apr 01, 2022
MISSCONGENIALITY:
I don't have same compound neighbor but 90%of the people in my street know me especially kids.
I know a few people by face but not by name. My opposite neighbor and his wife do check up on me from time to time and so does my neighbor to the left.
When they don't see me for sometime they know at my gate to know how I'm doing. They are all grandparents, but we rapour very well.
That Dog caught my attention. what for what are you doing with dog does women and Dog stay in the same house without .........
Re: My Girlfriend Is Shocked That I Don't Know My Neighbour's Name For 2years. by Ealiserwest(m): 10:18am On Apr 01, 2022
Na me bdis grin. I no sabi my neighbors name at all
Re: My Girlfriend Is Shocked That I Don't Know My Neighbour's Name For 2years. by Alzirida(f): 10:19am On Apr 01, 2022
Demigod22:
I am very social and extrovert to the core. Any environment I find myself I make sure I know the people and they know me. It's my personality. I visited my mom for the first time, spent three days and all the neighbours and their children have my name on their lips. But my younger brother is exactly like OP.

Just talk say u no dey like mind your business

7 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Is Shocked That I Don't Know My Neighbour's Name For 2years. by MISSCONGENIALITY(f): 10:20am On Apr 01, 2022
Menstruation:
That Dog caught my attention. what for what are you doing with dog does women and Dog stay in the same house without .........
Honestly you can't be better than a he goat for thinking like this.
I don't think I owe you any explanation why i have a dog.
Grow up

3 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Is Shocked That I Don't Know My Neighbour's Name For 2years. by Laturuturu: 10:21am On Apr 01, 2022
MISSCONGENIALITY:

Are you into hook up at home
I mean home. service
Re: My Girlfriend Is Shocked That I Don't Know My Neighbour's Name For 2years. by Yankiss(m): 10:21am On Apr 01, 2022
vastolord4:
My wife is a mind my business type of lady and so I'm I. Your topic is applicable to our situation.. lived here for 6 years and still don't know whose car is infront of my apartment..
Not really wise. A situation whereby a fraudulent neighbour commits a crime against you, you will regret this nonchalance.

7 Likes 7 Shares

Re: My Girlfriend Is Shocked That I Don't Know My Neighbour's Name For 2years. by realstars: 10:22am On Apr 01, 2022
Me out of 7 neighbors, i only know one person by name.
Re: My Girlfriend Is Shocked That I Don't Know My Neighbour's Name For 2years. by smasher1(m): 10:23am On Apr 01, 2022
CruiseCity:
My girlfriend is shocked that for two years, me and my neighbour has been calling ourselves Chief, Baba, Eleniyan, Odogwu, Big Man, e.t.c without knowing each other's name.
cheesy
I love my gender.
We don't like wahala.
No fight like women

don't you have your neighbors phone number? That's very wrong of you.

2 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Is Shocked That I Don't Know My Neighbour's Name For 2years. by Hyper77: 10:23am On Apr 01, 2022
MISSCONGENIALITY:

What is the dog for?
Hanty!!! sad shocked shocked
Re: My Girlfriend Is Shocked That I Don't Know My Neighbour's Name For 2years. by nora2018(m): 10:23am On Apr 01, 2022
bigcee:

Nice one, baba.

For my hood here, they think say I proud because I hardly give a f**k. I no just send, na my life be that. But if you're close to me, ehn, my loyalty no be here oh. I go make sure say you always dey happy.
you must be my twin brother.
Re: My Girlfriend Is Shocked That I Don't Know My Neighbour's Name For 2years. by babaalagbo11(m): 10:23am On Apr 01, 2022
I can relate if you're mind your business type
Re: My Girlfriend Is Shocked That I Don't Know My Neighbour's Name For 2years. by amunkita(m): 10:25am On Apr 01, 2022
BirtherOfKings:
I don't agree
Its a sign of unfriendliness
That neighbour can be ur ticket out of poverty or all d contracts u need to be a billionaire
These days, everyone is doing biz with someone dey know well
Better change..wat u are looking for in Sokoto is in ur shokoto kiss kiss
If u know,u know

Did the dude say he is hungry
Make una dey reason small nah..

Where I just moved from, I don't even know my landlords kids name I send on errands (buying of fuel cous I power their flat as their dad did to mine when I first moved in)..
Some of us who tend to mind our business, don't need ur name for miracle..

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Girlfriend Is Shocked That I Don't Know My Neighbour's Name For 2years. by Enemyofpeace: 10:25am On Apr 01, 2022
BirtherOfKings:
I don't agree
That neighbour can be ur ticket out of poverty or all d contracts u need to be a billionaire
If u know,u know
Nigerian mentality. Poverty is a decease

5 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Is Shocked That I Don't Know My Neighbour's Name For 2years. by LagBlogger(m): 10:25am On Apr 01, 2022
BirtherOfKings:
I don't agree
If u know,u know

Madam your definition of unfriendliness is wrong.

Minding your business can provide you with much needed peace of mind and not everyone you meet can be helpful.

Some can do you really bad stuff so it goes both ways.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Girlfriend Is Shocked That I Don't Know My Neighbour's Name For 2years. by Offpoint1: 10:25am On Apr 01, 2022
Everybody in my hood know my name and I know their names even though I don't associate, but I'm the realest dude cuz I got everyone back whenever troubles come calling.

The respect I got is none to other.
I don't do chi chat with them, they don't even know when I'm in or out, but I give the boys bars for weekends razz... Bail any if trouble rises- both singles and married folks.

One thing I've learned is "Don't associate too much and don't keep your distance too much"

When I celebrated something I was surprised at the gifts those guys showered me...

12 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Is Shocked That I Don't Know My Neighbour's Name For 2years. by Menstruation: 10:26am On Apr 01, 2022
MISSCONGENIALITY:
Honestly you can't be better than a he goat for thinking like this.
I don't think I owe you any explanation why i have a dog.
Grow up
Becareful what you say.
Before i disfigure your body.
Becareful what you wish for.

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend Is Shocked That I Don't Know My Neighbour's Name For 2years. by Enemyofpeace: 10:26am On Apr 01, 2022
amunkita:

Did the dude say he is hungry
Make una dey reason small nah..

Where I just moved from, I don't even know my landlords kids name I send on errands (buying of fuel cous I power their flat as their dad did to mine when I first moved in)..
Some of us who tend to mind our business, don't need ur name for miracle..
no mind that small minded girl

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend Is Shocked That I Don't Know My Neighbour's Name For 2years. by pocohantas(f): 10:27am On Apr 01, 2022
SmartPolician:

While it is good to mind one's business, you should be alive to your environment.

This makes no sense. The day someone will commit a crime there, and you get implicated, then you will understand what you are doing to yourself.

I won't write more than this.

Especially in a place like Nigeria. Except you are living in the very high brow areas, why shouldn’t you know the name of someone whose footsteps you hear every morning.

Some don’t even have their neighbour’s contact and they think it is cool.

The woman in the next house, not even mine, is an immigration nurse. She told me of how she traveled and her house was on fire. Someone she interacts with on the street had to drive down to her children’s school to collect the house key. Imagine if this person didn’t know her name or her kids’ names.

For christ sake, your wife could be in labour and you are away. You need to call a neighbour!

I know how to mind my business, but I must know my neighbour’s name and have their contact. You can’t see me finish because you no go even see me.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Girlfriend Is Shocked That I Don't Know My Neighbour's Name For 2years. by DoctorOlasDesk: 10:27am On Apr 01, 2022
SmartPolician:

While it is good to mind one's business, you should be alive to your environment.

This makes no sense. The day someone will commit a crime there, and you get implicated, then you will understand what you are doing to yourself.

I won't write more than this.

I got implicated some years ago for an offense I didn't commit. Over 20 people from my neighborhood came to the station demanding I mist be released. The entire street was on shot down mode

It was then I realised people watch. I was the guy always organizing small low key happy moments bring people together to laugh and all. Always mibdibg my business. It wasn't funny. People pay attention

7 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Is Shocked That I Don't Know My Neighbour's Name For 2years. by Godson123(m): 10:28am On Apr 01, 2022
Our system as African is not designed this way unlike the western world. We should relate more with out neighbors because they are the first family we have around. Am talking from experience.
CruiseCity:
My girlfriend is shocked that for two years, me and my neighbour has been calling ourselves Chief, Baba, Eleniyan, Odogwu, Big Man, e.t.c without knowing each other's name.
cheesy
I love my gender.
We don't like wahala.
No fight like women

4 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Is Shocked That I Don't Know My Neighbour's Name For 2years. by Bashnigga(m): 10:28am On Apr 01, 2022
sultan1014:
I don't even know most of them, let alone their names... I Leave for work very early before most of them wake up & return late when most of them would've retired indoors
My guy na so i be too o
Re: My Girlfriend Is Shocked That I Don't Know My Neighbour's Name For 2years. by silibaba: 10:29am On Apr 01, 2022
BirtherOfKings:
I don't agree
If u know,u know

That neighbour could also be any enemy within if you bring 'em in.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Girlfriend Is Shocked That I Don't Know My Neighbour's Name For 2years. by dayabiuuku: 10:30am On Apr 01, 2022
A guy came to my area last two months

The guy didn't talk to me and me too I just ignored him

Last month I left the compound and went to another place

I always remember the guy and will just be laughing in my mind!

#itiswell!
Re: My Girlfriend Is Shocked That I Don't Know My Neighbour's Name For 2years. by wizboyotuks(m): 10:30am On Apr 01, 2022
It depends
Re: My Girlfriend Is Shocked That I Don't Know My Neighbour's Name For 2years. by MNDY(m): 10:31am On Apr 01, 2022
Wetin concern cultist

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend Is Shocked That I Don't Know My Neighbour's Name For 2years. by myrates: 10:31am On Apr 01, 2022
BirtherOfKings:
I don't agree
If u know,u know
I agree with you to a reasonable extent but not totally because that same neighbour may be ur ticket out of life. We now live in an interesting world, one man's meal ticket is another man's poison. We should always relate with necessary caution.

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend Is Shocked That I Don't Know My Neighbour's Name For 2years. by chypotenti(m): 10:32am On Apr 01, 2022
Nor be only me then, we plenty grin grin...I just like minding my business and not making enemies...

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend Is Shocked That I Don't Know My Neighbour's Name For 2years. by BabaIbo: 10:32am On Apr 01, 2022
Aswear...

Those around me call me Buhari's master, Dangote's big bro, Odogwu, Onye eze and so on, but they don't know my name, except those that knew my name through my business name.

It is good and healthy, I am this "Mind your business and let me mind my business" kind of person. Though playful and accommodating, especially with kids.
Re: My Girlfriend Is Shocked That I Don't Know My Neighbour's Name For 2years. by sammirano: 10:32am On Apr 01, 2022
It's very important to establish relationships with neighbors even though you should keep it at arms lenth. but things like name and occupation is important to know of your nehibor. It's called being human

9 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

My Girlfriend Thinks There's Nothing Wrong With Her Sleeping Over At Guy's Place / Miss Nairaland Contest Giveaways - FASTEST FINGERS / He Doesn't Want A Relationship BUT...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.